Paperwork

OpenSource note-taking & archiving alternative to Evernote, Microsoft OneNote & Google Keep

Work for Paperwork?

Learning about Paperwork?

Compare Paperwork to Similar Solutions

Paperwork Reviews

Showing 7 Paperwork reviews
Paperwork review by <span>Mark B.</span>
Mark B.

Capable note-taking application that lets you maintain control of your data

What do you like best?

For note-taking, Paperwork is a good alternative to Evernote or similar products. Most users will feel comfortable with the clean, friendly, and full-featured editing interface. Having control over your data and the ability to customize the application and user interface if necessary is a big plus.

Of course, self-hosting means you have as much space as you need without having to pay for a premium account. Although other services such as Evernote, OneNote, or Google Keep might have more advanced features, most of those I rarely use--I usually just need plain notes.

What do you dislike?

Paperwork lacks built-in encryption for notes, although self-hosting does prevent having to rely on a third party to keep your data private. Self-hosting means maintaining a server and keeping it online.

Paperwork solves the risks of storing sensitive notes with a third party provider. Keeping my own data on-site means I have full control.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Paperwork
Paperwork review by <span>Jian L.</span>
Jian L.

I actually don't understand why I need a self-hosted note-taking system...

What do you like best?

This is the first open-source note-taking system.

I think the setup is easy for university students.

Current, it use webpage as front-end which I can use it on every platform.

What do you dislike?

I cannot see anything that this system is better than Evernote or OneNote.

I need put all my notes on Cloud so that I could keep them safely.

And lots of note-taking functions are not supported in this Paperwork.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think currently Paperwork is still under-developing.

After more and more good features added, I would try it again.

As a student, I need a system could help keep my notes efficiently.

But I think currently Paperwork is useless for me.

What Note-Taking Management solution do you use?

Paperwork review by <span>David L.</span>
David L.

Easy to Use Note Taking Software

What do you like best?

The interface is clean and well designed. The user experience of notebooks is easy to understand and a great way to organize notes.

What do you dislike?

Setup can be awkward if you are not familiar with Linux systems. You have to do some manual building with gradle and the documentation was not perfect. Also there is no quick way to just take a note to organize later. You have to complete multiple clicks to open a note.

It's a great open source solution to note taking, and an extremely great

Paperwork review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

great idea, but too early to use in production

What do you like best?

it's open source and looks very promising. i like the idea behind it: i use note apps to store nearly my completely brain. all minutes from meetings, interesting articles,... therefore saving all this in an opensource app which i can host and controll myself is a very good idea.

What do you dislike?

when i tried the product it was way to early to use. i know it is still in development but it could never compete with evernote/onenote. and as a bussy man with many notes i had to use a solution which just worked. and evernote does all that.

as said, i just wanted a knowledge-management-note-taking-system which i could host for myself and control and easy add add-ons or change things how i like them.

Paperwork review by <span>Carlos 👔 S.</span>
Carlos 👔 S.

Una excelente opción para cualquier empresa

What do you like best?

Simple, flexible and fast.

Unlike other solutions for notes, Paperwork is extremely simple, making it easy to work a lot with several customers, jot down ideas, write fast or as knowledge base notes.

What do you dislike?

The facility would have to improve a little, it is a bit complicated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Theme configuration.

Notes tree, ie, that a note can navigate to another or from one section to another, so that you can make complete working procedures, such as decision tree

Knowledgebase, information transmission, shared notes, transfer of knowledge.

Paperwork review by <span>Lorenzo S.</span>
Lorenzo S.

Good enough to play around with it

What do you like best?

The fact that it is opensource, and considering easy deployment.

What do you dislike?

The fact that is hard to use, and the support is not really useful. At the moment I prefer really more Apple's Note for this purpose.

I have noticed that there are not much problem solving since it is the same thing as other projects.

Learning about Paperwork?

* We monitor all Paperwork reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.

Compare Paperwork to Similar Solutions