Paperwork

3.5

OpenSource note-taking & archiving alternative to Evernote, Microsoft OneNote & Google Keep

Work for Paperwork?

Learning about Paperwork?

Compare Paperwork to Similar Solutions

Paperwork Reviews

Ask Paperwork a Question
Showing 12 Paperwork reviews
Paperwork review by User in Computer Software

"Note Taking Software"

What do you like best?

The reason why I use Paperwork is because of the note taking feature. I am someone who attends a lot of lectures and therefore I need to use a lot of notes. I use Paperwork and I think I like the clutter free interface and it is very intuitive.

What do you dislike?

One feature that I dislike in Paperwork is that the functionality aspect seems to be overlooked. I believe that adding a little bit more features would make it awesome. Paperwork has a lot of rivals and almost all of them have a lots of features compared to Paperwork

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly suggest everyone to go ahead with paperwork and it is the best note taking software out there in the market. Clutter free interface,intuitive makes it easier to use and I highly recommend it.

For me the no 1 business problem is that since I tend to do a lot of multiasking, I tend to forgot what needs to be done for a particular task. Paperwork helps me jot down my notes in an orderly fashion and I never loose sight of them.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Paperwork
Paperwork review by Mark B.
Mark B.

"Capable note-taking application that lets you maintain control of your data"

What do you like best?

For note-taking, Paperwork is a good alternative to Evernote or similar products. Most users will feel comfortable with the clean, friendly, and full-featured editing interface. Having control over your data and the ability to customize the application and user interface if necessary is a big plus.

Of course, self-hosting means you have as much space as you need without having to pay for a premium account. Although other services such as Evernote, OneNote, or Google Keep might have more advanced features, most of those I rarely use--I usually just need plain notes.

What do you dislike?

Paperwork lacks built-in encryption for notes, although self-hosting does prevent having to rely on a third party to keep your data private. Self-hosting means maintaining a server and keeping it online.

Paperwork solves the risks of storing sensitive notes with a third party provider. Keeping my own data on-site means I have full control.

What Note-Taking Management solution do you use?

Paperwork review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer

"Note taking application "

What do you like best?

Customization options, easy interface, easy access and taking notes on the go. Multiple storage backup.

What do you dislike?

Have to pay premium for extra storage. The support is not that great. I could not attach large files. Everything needs to be stored on the cloud for security reasons. The price might seem high for company that just looking for a note taking tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Read more review and see if the product will meet your needs and needs of your company. It is a pretty nice tool to have but there are lots of other options and products up there.

The Paperwork allows us to customize and take notes on the go. Retrieval and access are pretty easy. We do not need much storage at this time, but I see how this can be a problem for others.

Paperwork review by User in Financial Services

"Great product"

What do you like best?

This makes note taking so much easier and faster than other tools that I have used in the past for note taking. It does a great job of organizing my notes and making them easy to access later on when I need them.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I have trouble sorting some of the notes that I take. I would love a quick way to search through some of my past notes with keywords so that I can find what I need in a very quick manner. That would make this product so fantastic to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Title your notes from the beginning. It will help organize your notes later on and make them so much easier to access and sort through. Save your notes in multiple places as backups.

Easy to save thoughts and ideas

Paperwork review by Jian L.
Jian L.

"I actually don't understand why I need a self-hosted note-taking system..."

What do you like best?

This is the first open-source note-taking system.

I think the setup is easy for university students.

Current, it use webpage as front-end which I can use it on every platform.

What do you dislike?

I cannot see anything that this system is better than Evernote or OneNote.

I need put all my notes on Cloud so that I could keep them safely.

And lots of note-taking functions are not supported in this Paperwork.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think currently Paperwork is still under-developing.

After more and more good features added, I would try it again.

As a student, I need a system could help keep my notes efficiently.

But I think currently Paperwork is useless for me.

Paperwork review by David L.
David L.

"Easy to Use Note Taking Software"

What do you like best?

The interface is clean and well designed. The user experience of notebooks is easy to understand and a great way to organize notes.

What do you dislike?

Setup can be awkward if you are not familiar with Linux systems. You have to do some manual building with gradle and the documentation was not perfect. Also there is no quick way to just take a note to organize later. You have to complete multiple clicks to open a note.

It's a great open source solution to note taking, and an extremely great

Paperwork review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"great idea, but too early to use in production"

What do you like best?

it's open source and looks very promising. i like the idea behind it: i use note apps to store nearly my completely brain. all minutes from meetings, interesting articles,... therefore saving all this in an opensource app which i can host and controll myself is a very good idea.

What do you dislike?

when i tried the product it was way to early to use. i know it is still in development but it could never compete with evernote/onenote. and as a bussy man with many notes i had to use a solution which just worked. and evernote does all that.

as said, i just wanted a knowledge-management-note-taking-system which i could host for myself and control and easy add add-ons or change things how i like them.

Paperwork review by Carlos 👔 S.
Carlos 👔 S.

"Una excelente opción para cualquier empresa"

What do you like best?

Simple, flexible and fast.

Unlike other solutions for notes, Paperwork is extremely simple, making it easy to work a lot with several customers, jot down ideas, write fast or as knowledge base notes.

What do you dislike?

The facility would have to improve a little, it is a bit complicated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Theme configuration.

Notes tree, ie, that a note can navigate to another or from one section to another, so that you can make complete working procedures, such as decision tree

Knowledgebase, information transmission, shared notes, transfer of knowledge.

Paperwork review by Lorenzo S.
Lorenzo S.

"Good enough to play around with it"

What do you like best?

The fact that it is opensource, and considering easy deployment.

What do you dislike?

The fact that is hard to use, and the support is not really useful. At the moment I prefer really more Apple's Note for this purpose.

I have noticed that there are not much problem solving since it is the same thing as other projects.

Paperwork review by Nadia C.
Nadia C.

"User Interface "

What do you like best?

It is easy to use . The user interface is is clean and the lay out is simple.

What do you dislike?

It does not let you attach large files.

Paperwork provides the easiness of the tool, like Evernote.

Paperwork review by User in Legal Services
User in Legal Services

"Eliminates my post it habit!"

What do you like best?

Wonderful to take notes with and keep them separate and organized. It has eliminated my constant attachment to Post It notes everywhere.

What do you dislike?

My boss and I have no issues or complaints about it. He seems to be very happy with it!

Office Organization! We can all

Keep our notes in one place without having to go onto separate computers or find the notebooks lying around.

Paperwork review by User in Computer Hardware
User in Computer Hardware

"Paperwork works like a charm"

What do you like best?

Simple to use, I like the interface better than other similar software.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it takes a little while to start up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Compare a few different ones and see which you like best.

Note taking when we don't want to use physical paper or when there is none readily available.

Learning about Paperwork?

* We monitor all Paperwork reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.

Compare Paperwork to Similar Solutions