Parallels Remote Application Server (RAS)

Parallels Remote Application Server (RAS) product portfolio helps consumers, businesses and service providers to fully experience and optimize computing.

Work for Parallels Remote Application Server (RAS)?

Learning about Parallels RAS?

Parallels Remote Application Server (RAS) Reviews

Showing 61 Parallels RAS reviews
Parallels RAS review by <span>Elizabeth B.</span>
Elizabeth B.

"Only Option I have to Fix a Specific Issue, Would Not Use Otherwise"

What do you like best?

It allows me to access the businesses banking information and utilize the functionality of their website, where I would not be able to do so utilizing my Mac OS based system otherwise.

What do you dislike?

It is VERY slow, take a while to boot, the graphics look like I'm on a computer from 2008, fonts on the web pages are minuscule and I am unable to resize the windows or adjust the fonts properly in order to be able to read them correctly. In short, I use this software because it's the only option I have, NOT because I like it and enjoy it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This software solved a very specific issue I was having, however, I do not find it to be a very easy to use software. As a creative firm, my office operates on an entirely Mac based OS. However, my company's bank's website functionality only works through Internet Explorer or Edge (which is a whole different commentary on my bank!). So, in order to be able to access banking information for the business, I had to utilize this software in order to do so. However, it is very slow, take a while to boot, the graphics look like I'm on a computer from 2008, fonts on the web pages are minuscule and I am unable to resize the windows or adjust the fonts properly in order to be able to read them correctly. In short, I use this software because it's the only option I have, NOT because I like it and enjoy it.

My firm, as a creative firm, operates on an entirely Mac based OS. The firm's banking website functionality only properly works on Windows based browsers such as Internet Explorer and Edge. Because you cannot run those browsers on an Apple system, I had to find a way to access our banking information. Parallels allows us to do that.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Parallels Remote Application Server (RAS)
Parallels RAS review by <span>Matthias R.</span>
Matthias R.

"for us an indispensable tool for many year"

What do you like best?

The feature set, performance and quality increased over the years.

What do you dislike?

the licensing changed some time ago and after Parallels purchased RAS from 2X the price unfortunately increased extremely and the german support office was closed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need to access and use Windows applications and data from any device then Parallels RAS is for you.

Parallels RAS extends the server integrated RDP services outstandingly.

Since 2006 we are using RAS to connect a remote office with 6 workers and several remote workers at home or while travelling over VPN to our companie´s network. They use our local ERP system, MS Office and our unified messaging system with their RAS clients on Windows, OS X and even some with their iPad Pro.

What Remote Desktop solution do you use?

Parallels RAS review by User

"Parallels Systems"

What do you like best?

As a graduate student and researcher, I have enjoyed using Parallel2x over the last 2 years.I access Parallel2x 2-4x a day for both work to log into our private computer and also to access the various software programs that I need for school and work.

What do you dislike?

The one thing that I noticed about Parallel2x is that after a period of inactivity, or toggling windows between the Parallels system and my own Macbook Air, is that the Parallels environment will freeze, as in when I click areas where I can type text like to log back onto my remote computer, I cannot type anything. Usually, I log out of Parallels and then log back onto it, as this will resolve the problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend Parallels and I have greatly enjoyed using it. I probably don't understand the full capabilities of the software, but in terms of remotely logging onto my desktop at work and the software programs there, I think it is an appropriate software to use.

Business-wise, we use Parallels to remotely access our computers in the workplace so that we can use various softwares, such as ArcGIS and SAS.

Parallels RAS review by <span>Avraham R.</span>
Avraham R.

"Best Solution for seamless integration of Windows Products on Mac"

What do you like best?

Coherence - Beautiful integration but not without glitches. Can run Windows programs seamlessly.

What do you dislike?

When Windows goes into sleep mode, or your mac goes into sleep mode, any of the connected network drives will automatically get disconnected.

Also, when you freeze a state, if you haven't shut down certain programs they will cause problems when you try to unfreeze the state exactly as before.

Overall, these are small glitches with easy workarounds when you know to expect them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have only one or two programs that you need Windows for or you are developing for multiple platforms then Parallels is an awesome solution. If, however, you do a large portion of your work on Windows then having a dedicated Windows computer will probably be more efficient even though their service is seamless. It's still a bit slower (especially in graphic intensive programs like AutoCad)

There are still a few programs out there that haven't been ported to the Mac and it is those that I need. Also, I use a right-to-left language on the Office Suite, which has only recently been implemented (this year) in Mac. Slowly, but surely, all the major programs are porting over to Mac. However, Microsoft Access is not yet here. As well as a few other programs.

Parallels RAS review by <span>Nate D.</span>
Nate D.

"Great product, but requires yearly upgrade"

What do you like best?

It's easy to use; It works really well for running Windows inside Mac OS; it runs fairly fast, I have even been able to play some games through Steam pretty well inside it; it offers some nice Mac OS integration features; it will run a Mac Boot Camp partition inside Mac OS as a VM

What do you dislike?

They release a new version every year that you have to buy if you also want to upgrade to the newest version of Mac OS every year; to add to the problem of having to upgrade every year, it's a fairly expensive piece of software

Recommendations to others considering the product

I chose Parallels Desktop because it had the best performance of any similar software at running Windows within Mac OS. The price is fairly high, and it will require a yearly upgrade fee. If you want the best performance and compatibility for running a Windows VM and the cost is not important, then I do highly recommend Parallels Desktop. If you just need a simple VM solution for Windows, you don't need Boot Camp support, and performance is not an option or if you just need to run a Linux VM, then there are a few other cheaper solutions available.

I use Parallels Desktop on my Mac primarily to test websites in Windows web browsers. It has also been very helpful when I need some Windows-specific piece of software or feature, such as reading and writing to an NTFS partitioned disk.

Parallels RAS review by <span>Zhou Z.</span>
Zhou Z.

"Great if you need different versions of OS"

What do you like best?

You can install many types and versions of OS on a single machine (I use Mac) in order to use different software that is not available on your main OS or test for cross platform compatibility. You can switch easily between different instances of those OS.

The UI is beautiful and dummy-proof.

What do you dislike?

The speed to launch Windows is a little slow. But Windows launches slowly by itself.

Sometimes Parallels quits itself unexpectedly.

Sometimes I like the feature of launching a Windows application in its own window instead of in the Windows desktop. But other times I find it's annoying because I sometimes mistakenly launch Windows apps from the spotlight, and it takes a while to quit Parallel which is launching.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Parallel isn't free, and they release new versions frequently. Unfortunately you can't upgrade your purchased Parallel for free. Its main competitor, VirtualBox, is free. But in my opinion Parallel is easier to use than VirtualBox.

To use different software that is not available on your main OS or test for cross platform compatibility

Learning about Parallels Remote Application Server (RAS)?

* We monitor all Parallels Remote Application Server (RAS) reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.