Pardot

Powerful B2B marketing automation featuring lead scoring, nurturing, email marketing and more.

Work for Pardot?

Learning about Pardot?

Pardot Reviews

Ask Pardot a Question
Showing 1315 Pardot reviews
Pardot review by <span>Gerald D.</span>
Gerald D.

Good software, but made unnecessarily complex by Salesforce.com

What do you like best?

The automation capabilities of Pardot are impressive and powerful. A company doing a lot of constant email and digital marketing will benefit from the automation, especially. The automation part is the key. Do not decide on Pardot if all you're going to do is simple email marketing. Pardot is for setting up whole programs of automated interactions, including follow-ups, and actions and tracking in Salesforce.

What do you dislike?

Integration with Salesforce is kludged; terminology mismatches cause confusion; syncing with Salesforce is by no means seamless. And at $1000 a month, it is way overpriced. It's a shame, too, because Pardot itself is not bad at all. It's the Salesforce part of the equation that is frustrating. This isn't one of those software solutions you can purchase, open up, poke around, and just start using. You have to hire a consultant to set it up for you, and when you do, make darn sure you do your homework up front to state exactly what you want them to do and what the outcome should be. Otherwise, you'll be paying extra for development time on things they're telling you is out of scope, but was something Salesforce promised in the first place.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take a deep dive into your goals for digital marketing before investing in this product. Pardot may be overkill for many companies.

Was convinced by Salesforce to go with Pardot instead of Salesforce Marketing Cloud when we rolled out Salesforce to our sales team. Wishing now we had stuck with ExactTarget.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Pardot
Pardot review by <span>Simon W.</span>
Simon W.

Just starting to get the support it needs from Salesforce.

What do you like best?

It's a relatively simple setup process. As with many things Salesforce, if you can leverage an accelerator to get you up to speed with business practices, do so. Front end is click to create. I do like the way it can update existing records in Salesforce with Form Handlers when harvesting webleads, really cuts down on duplicates and gives you that 360 degree picture.

What do you dislike?

This is more to do with Salesforce than Pardot. The connector walks all across your records and will often present "your record was being edited by another user" messages when you users try to save. This means they have to rekey everything they have done in that transaction. You can request from Pardot admin that your sync frequency is lowered.

Distinct emails. It is really recommended that you have a solid deduplication tool in effect as a single email address is used as a UID. It really struggles with people who have sales@admin.com generic email addresses.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Pardot is improving. It had a significant showing at the 2017 world tour, so check out the videos. If working with a third party to install, do ensure that they are education you on best practice and not just agreeing to your demands to sync a huge amount of data between systems unnecessarily.

It has replaced Wired Marketing as our comms tool. It is lightyears ahead of that as the integration is significantly better. The aforementioned form handlers has made web to lead processes much better.

What Marketing Automation solution do you use?

Pardot review by <span>Asia M.</span>
Asia M.

You can't go wrong with Pardot, but it has some growing to do

What do you like best?

Pardot's syncing capabilities between itself and Salesforce are excellent - especially since you get to choose exactly what you want synced and when, and which platform you consider to be the source of truth - either Pardot or Salesforce. What's crazy is that you can get down to the field-level - something I really appreciate.

I actually love the way Pardot thinks about scoring and grading - primarily because we're able to adapt it to exactly what we need. We leverage the best combination of data enrichment and Pardot's own features (automation rules!!) to create extremely accurate grades. Many people will bust Pardot for kind of being a dinosaur, but honestly, it's all about how you approach and implement it.

Flexible field configuration. Very easy from an ops perspective to configure exactly what you need.

What do you dislike?

We're a data integrations company, and I can tell you from experience that the Pardot API is *very* limiting. This means the types of data syncing / updates to Pardot we can perform are limited - which means getting the most out of Pardot is tough. Luckily, we're able to bypass most of this through Salesforce.

The automation campaigns do have some room to grow - they're not as smart / adaptable as, say, Mailchimp's automation programs. They've made some strides recently to improve them (i.e. showing you the exact dates the emails will be sent in a nurture campaign), but it's certainly not perfect for drip emails.

Reporting inside of Pardot is by far its worst feature. You'll definitely have to look to Salesforce for this capability (in which case, if it's your source of truth, this makes the most sense).

Lastly, the email builder still doesn't support the future of email - so if you can imagine all of the features that make marketing automation, Pardot won't necessarily have. Emoji support (yes - I said it), dynamic text replacement for "smart" emails (think Customer.io; Dynamic Content isn't quite the same), GIF support...

Recommendations to others considering the product

You won't go wrong with Pardot, but like any marketing technology tool, your priorities will vary:

1. Does your tech stack support this tool?

2. Will your teams adopt it?

3. Does it meet your feature requirements?

4. Does it help you get closer to your goals over alternatives?

And also like any tool, it totally depends on how you implement it and how you use it. Bad marketing is still bad marketing - no matter what you're using.

When it comes to measuring qualified leads, lead generation, and opportunity pipeline generated by marketing, Pardot is excellent for managing your campaigns, lead flows, and demand generation activities. My marketing team is small, but it was imperative that we had a tool that could pull together the customer and prospect experience from a digital perspective - more than say, a Mailchimp.

Overall, Pardot fits best into our stack and with our team and Marketing's needs.

Pardot review by <span>Lee L.</span>
Lee L.

Love Pardot, but it has its flaws

What do you like best?

The ability to sync activities from Pardot and our website to Salesforce. As well being able to set up automation rules and programs that help take out our 'human' errors. So, when it comes to somebody submitting a request for quote on our website, we have an automation rule based of geography that will auto-assign to the correct rep. Because of this, we take out the middle man that had to look at it and determine who to send it to. And when it comes to our web request, timing is everything because our leads have said several times that they submitted that request to 2 of our competitors. We are almost always the first to react.

What do you dislike?

I can't schedule exact times I want an email blast to go out. Example: I can schedule it to go out on Tuesday between 10AM - 4PM, but I can schedule it to go out at like 10:25 AM.

They also tend to have several issues a month, like emails being delayed. It's not a real big issue, but when you're impatient like me it'll drive you crazy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is more for B2B companies. One thing I always tell people to remember is that this is a tool. It gives you the resources to do a lot of things, but it's not going to write your emails for you. The people I've talked to that were not as into Pardot sounded like they thought Pardot was going to be an immediate fix, and that it would do the work for them. It can be an amazing tool. You just have to know what you're wanting to do with it, and how you'll want to effectively use it

Speeding up our process, especially when it comes to being the first to respond to all of our web requests. We also have become a much smarter company as we can now track what each lead or customer is doing in regards to the emails we send them and what pages they view on our website (as long as we have a tracker on them). This is a really big thing for us as we have 5 separate product categories, and many of our leads could go for any of the product types.

Pardot review by <span>Sierra S.</span>
Sierra S.

Difficult to Navigate - Good Opportunities

What do you like best?

I like the ability to manipulate prospects and rules through automation. Integrations with other apps work well and function at a high level. The integration with Salesforce is the best feature by far, having my leads update from all my marketing efforts is flawless.

What do you dislike?

The platform is difficult to navigate. Unless you are fully acquainted with the program it is almost impossible to find certain items. Things are hidden within other categories and the search doesn't allow you to find anything aside from salesforce items.

The engagement studio has some hiccups that I would like to see improved on in the future. I currently cannot copy steps and I am wondering why?

The recycle bin has been an ongoing issue. I have watched more than enough tutorials to now know I have to clear the bin in order to re-add certain plug-ins.

Customer service is somewhat of a joke Finding answers takes longer than just navigating with trial and error.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Upgrade to get customer service. They no longer offer chat so getting in touch to get an answer in real time is almost impossible. .

The engagement studio has perks and allows me to run campaigns with smart triggers. I am solving a lot of list issues with sorting and grading.

Pardot review by <span>Benjamin R.</span>
Benjamin R.

It's not HubSpot

What do you like best?

The integration with Salesforce is the major benefit over other marketing automation platforms. Engage is a great feature and the engagement studio is useful to visualize campaigns.

What do you dislike?

The landing page builder is horrible and lacks customization (although you can use HTML, your reporting will become limited). I have often experienced delays when testing and sending emails. Several times I have waited over an hour to receive a test. The duplication between Salesforce campaigns and Pardot campaigns is absurd. If you're going to have separate campaigns just for Pardot, call them something else to avoid confusion. Reporting functionality is quite poor.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have many processes built around Salesforce than it is probably the best marketing automation tool to use. However, if you're company is flexible than I highly recommend looking into HubSpot -- they are constantly improving their capabilities and releasing new featuers. They also have a much better UI, support team, and their template tool is crazy flexible as long as you're willing to learn HubL. I miss Hubspot very much.

We use it for marketing automation, digital marketing tracking, emailing, form collection, and landing page design. We have built many successful digital marketing campaigns using Pardot.

Learn more about Pardot

Pardot Videos

Learning about Pardot?

* We monitor all Pardot reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.