In less than one year we have opened 42 support tickets with Pardot. Many with no resolution. After determining that the product simply doesn't work we are transitioning to Hubspot. Pardot is still forcing us to pay licensing fees even though their product failed to function. Do not use.
Stand Out Issues:
- The gmail plugin simply doesn't work. Activity is not consistently logged in SalesForce. We have reported the technical issue many times to their support.
- They cap uploaded assets (Ex: images) at 100 MB storage. This is ridiculous. When we hit the cap they wanted to charge us 4K to increase storage.
- Poor reporting on emails:
* Missing data on 1:1 emails. Direct emails sent via the Gmail plug-in.
* CTR doesn’t show for under 1% in engagement studio > Requires us to click down into each email template to pull report and export details to do a side by side comparison
* There are no reports generated for engagement studio (only drip programs - old feature now retired)
- Cant track replies on emails > can’t gauge performance
- Recurring issues with Engage in Gmail and Engage Alerts (holds up the sales team from their day-to-day tasks)
- Poor UX in Engage via gmail for sales team (cannot organize 1:1 templates by folder)
- Limited on engage logic, can only use prospect fields. We can't use opportunity or account data in automation.
This has been the worst software experience in my 17 years of running this business. Even after explaining all of the issues above they refused to let us exit our contract. It's really bad business. We are continuing to use the the CRM from SalesForce but this relationship has been soured. I requested that they transfer the fees we paid on Pardot to SalesForce licenses and they declined. Don't fall into this trap.