G2 Crowd Acquires Siftery to Create a New Way to Buy and Manage Software Spend 馃殌
Pardot

Pardot

4.0
(1,357)

Powerful B2B marketing automation featuring lead scoring, nurturing, email marketing and more.

Work for Pardot?

Learning about Pardot?

Pardot Reviews

Ask Pardot a Question
Showing 1,434 Pardot reviews
Pardot review by Justin F.
Justin F.
View Original

"You may need a consultant for questions when getting started, but overall a pretty awesome tool"

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Pardot
Pardot review by Oliver S.
Oliver S.

"Implementation and UI leaves much to be desired. Poor email editor."

What do you like best?

There are some features such as automated emails and engagement studio which really have a lot of potential. Integration with Salesforce is a plus as it allows our Customer Service reps to easily add a current customer to drip emails and review emails. Tracking visitors and visitor scores works well. Implementation with Wordpress website forms has been fairly easy.

What do you dislike?

Poor email editor with wonky controls and formatting issues. It's 2018, it shouldn't be this difficult to create beautiful emails. There doesn't seem to be any announcements for improvements to any features, especially email formatting. Perhaps a look at Constant Contacts new editor would help. Unable to add landing pages properly to existing sites.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Way your options. There is much to be desired here.

Creating automated engagement emails for things like customer reviews that CSR's are able to implement right in Salesforce has been a good way to drive up our google reviews.

What Marketing Automation solution do you use?

Pardot review by Flavio M.
Flavio M.

"I thought Pardot was a real marketing automation tool."

What do you like best?

I still have to find something I like.

I've used Eloqua and Hubspot in the past. I thought I was going backwards when I had to use Hubspot instead of Eloqua. That was until I got my hands on Pardot. Then I saw how behind Pardot is, even from Hubspot.

What do you dislike?

Oh boy, where to start. You can't create landing pages on different domains/sub domains. Everything has to be masked. You can't do proper lead routing for non-users of the tool. Everywhere you look, there are weird limitations that I can't believe it's not there.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are happy with something a bit better than a regular email marketing tool, this might be for you. If you are serious about marketing automation, be careful.

In my current role/company, there was no Marketing Automation, instead we were using tools like mailchimp. I guess if you have nothing and no background on other tools, you might be okay. Not my case.

Pardot review by Joe G.
Joe G.

"Excellent Marketing Automation Platform for SMB"

What do you like best?

Pardot offers powerful but easy to use features that cover all functionality you would expect in a MAP. Setup was well organized and straight forward. The system does not require dedicated resources to maintain and is easy to learn for new users.

What do you dislike?

The Salesforce integration is not customizable and does not allow Pardot to overwrite Salesforce data. This causes problems when leads are re-engaged since we cannot update Lead Status from Pardot.

The Drip Automation (e.g. flow for nurture campaigns) lacks several key segmentation criteria although several of these may be rolled out in the future.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best option in the SMB space.

Our goal is to implement processes and technology that will easily scale as our business rapidly grows. The specific problems we were having with our previous systems were limited ability to segment contacts, limited criteria to score leads on, clunky integration with our CRM (Salesforce), limited visibility for sales to see prospect activity, and many smaller issues that were burning resources with manual processes.

Pardot has solved all of these issues. Segmentation is now clean and automated. This also allows us to properly manage the volume of email being sent to prospects and ensure subscriptions are properly managed. We were able to integrate our product via the Pardot API to automate our trial registration and nurturing process and expand our lead scoring criteria to include activity that occurs within our app during a trial. Leads are also sent to Sales in an organized way and include full prospect activity data such as email opens, clicks, page views, asset views, etc.

Pardot and Salesforce have also laid the foundation for advanced reporting so we can accurately calculate and segment campaign ROI. This also gives us the ability to accurately predict future revenue by tracking the entire revenue funnel in great detail.

Pardot review by Austin S.
Austin S.

"Pardot Software Review"

What do you like best?

I think the best part of using Pardot, at least so far, is the ability to link our existing social media accounts to the service. We currently use Co Schedule to schedule our posts, but now we have this all in one service which is great for consolidation. There's much more to learn on here that we are excited to find out about.

What do you dislike?

The learning curve was a little tricky at first. Coming from Marketo, which was equally difficult in our opinion, Pardot shined a little light with tutorials, how to's, and a great customer service to help out with whatever we needed to learn quickly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

At least give it a shot while you are in the process of changing over programs

Our social media problem is now not a problem at all. We are also not using Marketo anymore which is great for consolidating the amount of programs being used for us. Salesforce integration is now even easier than it was before, that may be the best part so far.

Pardot review by Gerald D.
Gerald D.

"Good software, but made unnecessarily complex by Salesforce.com"

What do you like best?

The automation capabilities of Pardot are impressive and powerful. A company doing a lot of constant email and digital marketing will benefit from the automation, especially. The automation part is the key. Do not decide on Pardot if all you're going to do is simple email marketing. Pardot is for setting up whole programs of automated interactions, including follow-ups, and actions and tracking in Salesforce.

What do you dislike?

Integration with Salesforce is kludged; terminology mismatches cause confusion; syncing with Salesforce is by no means seamless. And at $1000 a month, it is way overpriced. It's a shame, too, because Pardot itself is not bad at all. It's the Salesforce part of the equation that is frustrating. This isn't one of those software solutions you can purchase, open up, poke around, and just start using. You have to hire a consultant to set it up for you, and when you do, make darn sure you do your homework up front to state exactly what you want them to do and what the outcome should be. Otherwise, you'll be paying extra for development time on things they're telling you is out of scope, but was something Salesforce promised in the first place.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take a deep dive into your goals for digital marketing before investing in this product. Pardot may be overkill for many companies.

Was convinced by Salesforce to go with Pardot instead of Salesforce Marketing Cloud when we rolled out Salesforce to our sales team. Wishing now we had stuck with ExactTarget.

Pardot review by Simon W.
Simon W.

"Just starting to get the support it needs from Salesforce."

What do you like best?

It's a relatively simple setup process. As with many things Salesforce, if you can leverage an accelerator to get you up to speed with business practices, do so. Front end is click to create. I do like the way it can update existing records in Salesforce with Form Handlers when harvesting webleads, really cuts down on duplicates and gives you that 360 degree picture.

What do you dislike?

This is more to do with Salesforce than Pardot. The connector walks all across your records and will often present "your record was being edited by another user" messages when you users try to save. This means they have to rekey everything they have done in that transaction. You can request from Pardot admin that your sync frequency is lowered.

Distinct emails. It is really recommended that you have a solid deduplication tool in effect as a single email address is used as a UID. It really struggles with people who have sales@admin.com generic email addresses.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Pardot is improving. It had a significant showing at the 2017 world tour, so check out the videos. If working with a third party to install, do ensure that they are education you on best practice and not just agreeing to your demands to sync a huge amount of data between systems unnecessarily.

It has replaced Wired Marketing as our comms tool. It is lightyears ahead of that as the integration is significantly better. The aforementioned form handlers has made web to lead processes much better.

Pardot review by Asia M.
Asia M.

"You can't go wrong with Pardot, but it has some growing to do"

What do you like best?

Pardot's syncing capabilities between itself and Salesforce are excellent - especially since you get to choose exactly what you want synced and when, and which platform you consider to be the source of truth - either Pardot or Salesforce. What's crazy is that you can get down to the field-level - something I really appreciate.

I actually love the way Pardot thinks about scoring and grading - primarily because we're able to adapt it to exactly what we need. We leverage the best combination of data enrichment and Pardot's own features (automation rules!!) to create extremely accurate grades. Many people will bust Pardot for kind of being a dinosaur, but honestly, it's all about how you approach and implement it.

Flexible field configuration. Very easy from an ops perspective to configure exactly what you need.

What do you dislike?

We're a data integrations company, and I can tell you from experience that the Pardot API is *very* limiting. This means the types of data syncing / updates to Pardot we can perform are limited - which means getting the most out of Pardot is tough. Luckily, we're able to bypass most of this through Salesforce.

The automation campaigns do have some room to grow - they're not as smart / adaptable as, say, Mailchimp's automation programs. They've made some strides recently to improve them (i.e. showing you the exact dates the emails will be sent in a nurture campaign), but it's certainly not perfect for drip emails.

Reporting inside of Pardot is by far its worst feature. You'll definitely have to look to Salesforce for this capability (in which case, if it's your source of truth, this makes the most sense).

Lastly, the email builder still doesn't support the future of email - so if you can imagine all of the features that make marketing automation, Pardot won't necessarily have. Emoji support (yes - I said it), dynamic text replacement for "smart" emails (think Customer.io; Dynamic Content isn't quite the same), GIF support...

Recommendations to others considering the product

You won't go wrong with Pardot, but like any marketing technology tool, your priorities will vary:

1. Does your tech stack support this tool?

2. Will your teams adopt it?

3. Does it meet your feature requirements?

4. Does it help you get closer to your goals over alternatives?

And also like any tool, it totally depends on how you implement it and how you use it. Bad marketing is still bad marketing - no matter what you're using.

When it comes to measuring qualified leads, lead generation, and opportunity pipeline generated by marketing, Pardot is excellent for managing your campaigns, lead flows, and demand generation activities. My marketing team is small, but it was imperative that we had a tool that could pull together the customer and prospect experience from a digital perspective - more than say, a Mailchimp.

Overall, Pardot fits best into our stack and with our team and Marketing's needs.

Pardot review by Lee L.
Lee L.

"Love Pardot, but it has its flaws"

What do you like best?

The ability to sync activities from Pardot and our website to Salesforce. As well being able to set up automation rules and programs that help take out our 'human' errors. So, when it comes to somebody submitting a request for quote on our website, we have an automation rule based of geography that will auto-assign to the correct rep. Because of this, we take out the middle man that had to look at it and determine who to send it to. And when it comes to our web request, timing is everything because our leads have said several times that they submitted that request to 2 of our competitors. We are almost always the first to react.

What do you dislike?

I can't schedule exact times I want an email blast to go out. Example: I can schedule it to go out on Tuesday between 10AM - 4PM, but I can schedule it to go out at like 10:25 AM.

They also tend to have several issues a month, like emails being delayed. It's not a real big issue, but when you're impatient like me it'll drive you crazy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is more for B2B companies. One thing I always tell people to remember is that this is a tool. It gives you the resources to do a lot of things, but it's not going to write your emails for you. The people I've talked to that were not as into Pardot sounded like they thought Pardot was going to be an immediate fix, and that it would do the work for them. It can be an amazing tool. You just have to know what you're wanting to do with it, and how you'll want to effectively use it

Speeding up our process, especially when it comes to being the first to respond to all of our web requests. We also have become a much smarter company as we can now track what each lead or customer is doing in regards to the emails we send them and what pages they view on our website (as long as we have a tracker on them). This is a really big thing for us as we have 5 separate product categories, and many of our leads could go for any of the product types.

Pardot review by Sierra S.
Sierra S.

"Difficult to Navigate - Good Opportunities"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to manipulate prospects and rules through automation. Integrations with other apps work well and function at a high level. The integration with Salesforce is the best feature by far, having my leads update from all my marketing efforts is flawless.

What do you dislike?

The platform is difficult to navigate. Unless you are fully acquainted with the program it is almost impossible to find certain items. Things are hidden within other categories and the search doesn't allow you to find anything aside from salesforce items.

The engagement studio has some hiccups that I would like to see improved on in the future. I currently cannot copy steps and I am wondering why?

The recycle bin has been an ongoing issue. I have watched more than enough tutorials to now know I have to clear the bin in order to re-add certain plug-ins.

Customer service is somewhat of a joke Finding answers takes longer than just navigating with trial and error.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Upgrade to get customer service. They no longer offer chat so getting in touch to get an answer in real time is almost impossible. .

The engagement studio has perks and allows me to run campaigns with smart triggers. I am solving a lot of list issues with sorting and grading.

Pardot review by Benjamin R.
Benjamin R.

"It's not HubSpot"

What do you like best?

The integration with Salesforce is the major benefit over other marketing automation platforms. Engage is a great feature and the engagement studio is useful to visualize campaigns.

What do you dislike?

The landing page builder is horrible and lacks customization (although you can use HTML, your reporting will become limited). I have often experienced delays when testing and sending emails. Several times I have waited over an hour to receive a test. The duplication between Salesforce campaigns and Pardot campaigns is absurd. If you're going to have separate campaigns just for Pardot, call them something else to avoid confusion. Reporting functionality is quite poor.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have many processes built around Salesforce than it is probably the best marketing automation tool to use. However, if you're company is flexible than I highly recommend looking into HubSpot -- they are constantly improving their capabilities and releasing new featuers. They also have a much better UI, support team, and their template tool is crazy flexible as long as you're willing to learn HubL. I miss Hubspot very much.

We use it for marketing automation, digital marketing tracking, emailing, form collection, and landing page design. We have built many successful digital marketing campaigns using Pardot.

Pardot review by Adam A.
Adam A.

"Sophisticated tool to power your marketing efforts"

What do you like best?

Pardot allows us to seamlessly connect our marketing efforts with our Salesforce CRM, which is utilized across a good portion of our company. Pardot is our go-to destination for our demand and lead generation, from email campaigns, dedicated landing pages, automated email flows, and more.

What do you dislike?

Pardot is a complex tool. While it is organized well from a structural perspective, there are several redundancies (multiple email and form types, which do have a purpose) and a few limitations (in-depth A/B testing in Engagement Studio. etc.).

Pardot allows us to easily connect with our customers and prospective customers and do so in an efficient and sophisticated manner. As we continue to utilize Pardot, we continue to develop our marketing platform and make smarter decisions, more efficient marketing strategies, and maintain a synchronized prospect, lead, and customer database in collaboration with Salesforce.

Simply put, it makes marketing easier for us.

Pardot review by Ian V.
Ian V.

"Pardot took our marketing efforts to new levels of success"

What do you like best?

We like the fact that there is complete flexibility to go try out different marketing ideas and keep it all in house. We tried using several different marketing companies but ended up spending a lot of money and never getting the results we wanted. We found bringing it 'in house' and deploying Pardot was the best option for us so we can keep innovating and changing it up.

What do you dislike?

The 'stock' landing pages can look a little 'home made' but they are great to get you going. Once you master them and get more ideas using them it's not a big leap to get a developer to help take them to the next level.

We get a lot of inbound leads on a daily basis so being able to combine the power of Salesforce and a marketing engine in one is huge for us. It enables us to keep re-engaging with prospective clients like never before and turn dead leads into live clients all the while continually marketing to new leads as well.

Pardot review by Paul H.
Paul H.

"Best Marketing Automation Tool"

What do you like best?

Pardot is one the easiest marketing automation systems you can learn. In less than an hour, I was able to setup Pardot to sync with Salesforce, build out a landing page and create an email campaign. The tagging functionality makes it easy to manage emails and related landing pages. Form Handlers is a great way to integrate Pardot with your website allowing you to use your own forms. The custom redirects feature is a great tool to create triggers and actions to link SMS and social media to your email campaigns.

What do you dislike?

Pardot has addressed most issues in the later releases, but it would be nice to be able to manage multiple instances under one user account as some other enterprise solutions offer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Review all the functionality first to determine how Pardot will best serve your marketing or sales goals.

Pardot is a great solution for our SMB clients who need an email solution, marketing automation and plan to use Salesforce as their CRM.

Pardot review by Cathleen S.
Cathleen S.

"Really robust functionality - Sort of a steep learning curve"

What do you like best?

There's a lot of functionality and there are some built-in automatic things - for example, it converts my HTML email to text with one click. The WYSIWYG editor is nice, but could be easier.

What do you dislike?

The general navigation has some steep learning curves. Some things aren't as easy to find as one would hope. It should be easier to find my folders.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You'll get the most out of it if you connect it with good contact data in Salesforce.

I use Pardot to send emails to customers before major tradeshows to let them know we'll be there, and to entice them to come visit our booth. I also send them to leads collected at those events for follow-up.

Pardot review by Hannah S.
Hannah S.

"Pardot is good for businesses, not amazing at design"

What do you like best?

The integration with SF contacts/lists is a great standard that makes sure your information, lists, contacts, etc. is all integrated and up to date. I will say the tracking and metrics provided after each email send are exceptional. I do wish there were a way to choose the graph (instead of it being just clicks).

What do you dislike?

The technology or deep details are very hard to figure out. If you cannot code, you will have a hard time figuring out how to get a true marketing campaign going. If you want to use this as 'just' email with no real call to actions behind it, it's the perfect tool for you.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have your templates, landing pages, forms, etc. designed by those who technically can dig around Pardot/SF. If you piecemeal something together, it will look like it with Pardot.

We have consistent campaigns going to customers and prospects using SF verified data that is tracked.

Pardot review by Rachel G.
Rachel G.

"Pardot's marketing email automation saves us time and money. "

What do you like best?

Once you have Pardot set up with lists and email templates, you can utilize the tool to automatically send emails via different rules and schedules. Without Pardot, we would have to hire a full time email marketer to complete half the amount of work that Pardot does for us on a daily basis. If you send out marketing or announcement emails to prospects and customers in a B2B environment, then I highly recommend this product. Pardot's AB testing, analytics reports, and form tracking keep our emails targeted and increase our ROI.

What do you dislike?

In the platform you have both Drafts and Templates, I don't understand why Pardot didn't combine the two. This can make finding created emails tedious, as well as, cause you to create duplicate email templates. Lastly, as with any Salesforce owned product(s), you are charged based on tiered storage, so managing your contact lists, artwork, and email templates are essential so you don't go over your data limit.

As previously mentioned, Pardot does a ton of work for us. We run personalized drip campaigns that sync to Salesforce which allow prospects and customers to receive an up-to-date stream of content, keeping our company and product top of mind. Furthermore, we track product demo requests and training webinars by using Pardot forms. Doing this is extremely beneficial, as we are able to automate data and tasks into Salesforce for our sales and customer success teams.

Pardot review by Doug M.
Doug M.

"Powerful tool that needs a serious UI refresh"

What do you like best?

There's a lot of power behind the automations in Pardot, and its model of building lead lifecycles works for nurturing prospective leads into customers. For a niche market it works really well, and its focus on leads instead of transactions or conversions puts it apart from other broader systems.

What do you dislike?

But the UI of the tool looks crusty and outdated, and doesn't provide much in the way of guidance, nor does it use any kind of ML or AI to surface common tasks and guide you through a workflow. Its model is a little out of date for today, especially looking at leads from the perspective of a funnel. Inbound marketers who are up to date know that we're moving away from funnels and toward models like HubSpot's flywheel.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think there are some better and more robust solutions out there, foremost of which is HubSpot. Pardot is for a very narrow audience and at this point it's a little outdated.

Building email marketing automations is the goal in Pardot. I don't think I have got much benefit out of it yet, but my team is working on it. I expect that due to this software's complexity and its difficult to navigate UI, most people won't be making full use of all of its tools. Basic automations are good but there needs to be deeper hooks into other systems to draw out information and insights that can help to personalize future email campaigns.

Pardot review by Mike M.
Mike M.

"Easy, Intuitive Dashboard. Logical user interface. "

What do you like best?

I have several user who had zero previous experience with automated marketing tools. These "rookies" followed the intuitive user interface to create marketing campaigns in minutes. Easy to use and logical. Got up and running quickly.

What do you dislike?

A couple of quirks, like reminding yourself to empty the trash because it "counts" as your data limits, but for the most part, not much I don't like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are tons of products out there that are good. I wouldn't say Pardot is better than Marketo or others, but my experience has been smooth.

Our company had never been in the marketing automation game, so this was a user friendly entry into this world. Salesforce does a nice job with tutorials, but we hardly referenced those since the tool was so intuitive.

Pardot review by Bryan P.
Bryan P.

"Engage Leads + Clients Like A Pro"

What do you like best?

Pardot closes the reporting loop for us in Salesforce (Sales Cloud). We can automate marketing ROI reporting as well as view our Customer Life Cycle. Overall it is a power system, easy to use with a great deal of resources available and fantastic support.

What do you dislike?

The out of the box templates are dated, so to make your emails + forms look modern you require a lot of HTML + CSS knowledge. I can't believe Salesforce Engage is a paid extra and not a bonus if you're using both Sales Cloud + Pardot together (even x1 free license would have been nice).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Perfect for niche industries with long and complex sales cycles. Before you buy, make sure you plan ahead first, don't rush into getting it and spending a month+ working things out. Attend several events and watch the videos online. Identify your measures of success and then see if Pardot can actually do it. It's a powerful system but not perfect. The salespeople are great and will answer your questions, so don't be afraid to be frank and ask lots of them.

Problem 1 = dated / inefficient marketing, sales, customer service practices. With Pardot we've streamlined how we communicate to our prospects + clients. Marketing can now communicate to segmented buyer personas. Sales only talk to qualified leads that have been nurtured and are ready to buy. Customer success teams engage on a deeper and more meaningful level with our VIPs.

Pardot review by Kim P.
Kim P.

"Good tool for marketing automation!"

What do you like best?

I'm a relatively new user, but I like how you can create custom drip and nurture campaigns to help your marketing efforts. We've also integrated custom forms from our website that help with our lead generation activities. It's easy to track where they came from, what they're interested in, and follow-up steps.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't have the easiest interface and requires a lot of Googling... "how do I do xyz"? We need to do a lot of 3rd party customization to make the forms fit our branding, which isn't fun. Wish there was an editor where we could create our own.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You will likely need a third-party consultant to help customize certain items for you. Out-of-the-box functionality is very basic and may not meet your needs.

Marketing drip and nurture campaigns; helps us stay in touch with prospects and clients.

Pardot review by Lindsay E. P.
Lindsay E. P.

"Integrates with Salesforce!"

What do you like best?

I like the ability that Pardot directly ingrates within Salesforce. This gives reps full transparency into their clients interact with our campaigns.

What do you dislike?

I still have to go into Salesforce directly to create a new campaign - there are several additional steps on the back end to link to the SF campaign into pardot, which just wastes time. If there was an option to create the campaign directly in Pardot while building the campaign, it would increase efficiency and save our team time throughout their day.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a basic email automation program, Pardot is a good system to use, however, it definitely could be a bit more robust in terms of capabilities

The ability to create nurture campaigns that are always "ON" and work in the background to consistently generate leads for our reps is critical.

Pardot review by Stephanie W.
Stephanie W.

"Highly Functional E-marketing"

What do you like best?

I love the variety of options in creating dynamic marketing programs, from custom emails to landing pages, I am always finding new ways to use Pardot on a daily basis. I also love how easily it communicates with our CRM.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that the old templates are not compatible with Outlook, so I am now having to recreate those templates. I wish there was an easier way to update the template.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look for a Salesforce certified partner to best help with implementation.

We utilize Pardot for lead follow up and feel that it is helping to streamline the process for our sales team and aiding their lead conversion. We also utilize the Landing pages to host forms that gather additional information from our prospects to better qualify them as leads and provide as much information as possible to our sales team.

Pardot review by Jessica B.
Jessica B.

"Excellent for sales automation but has a few quirks for batched emails"

What do you like best?

It's so well integrated with Salesforce that I don't think Salesforce could have done it better. Engagement Studio is easy and fairly robust. Built-in Litmus tests are nice, though I wish I could send a specific dynamic version.

What do you dislike?

Previewing for a highly dynamic email is painful: I can't see a specific version, I have to just click "next" until I find one randomly. Their image foldering system is moot when you go to insert an image in a visual email, where you have to pick your image *alphabetically* by file name. Plus, each image has its own link, so if you build HTML outside and paste in, you can't just "find and replace" the image file path. (This system is obviously built for largely text-only sales emails.) It doesn't auto create your text version for you, nor does it alert you if you forget to sync it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're using this for a mostly B2B or sales use case, it's probably my favorite on the market. If you have ANY visual HTML emails, you might peek at other solutions that are strong in marketing automation but also in designed email. TIP: Their live chat support is SUPER helpful, so try to catch them online. (Their knowledge base is pretty UNhelpful.)

Easy to make templates and edit. Because it's built on top of SF, we can automate nurture in real time with either sign up or visits to the website, etc.

Pardot review by Mike C.
Mike C.

"Pardot Delivers."

What do you like best?

Pardot provides my team with a great level of detail on prospects interactions on websites and in emails. This insight allows us to pivot communication tactics and test new content. On top of that, the automation software is easy to use and support is quick to reply and assist when you need it.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were more badges or trails for Pardot in Trailhead. Training courses for the certificate are a bit pricey.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you currently use Salesforce, choose this over the competitors. Integration and transferring of data are much easier. Also, support is under one roof.

We are using Pardot to gain more business from new and existing customers. The team has learned a lot from customer interactions with our site and emails which is pushed us start creating bettering content.

Pardot review by Dan B.
Dan B.

"Great tool for both prospect and customer marketing! "

What do you like best?

As our business runs off SalesForce it was important for us to find a platform to integrate with it easily and give us all the reporting tools we need to measure the success of our campaigns - both prospect and customer. Pardot does this and it gives you great flexibility into what type of email you want to send with its wide range of customisable templates/layouts.

What do you dislike?

I think one thing Pardot could improve on is perhaps including a drag and drop feature into its email building.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Like anything I would recommend having a free trial just so you can test the water and see if the product is a good fit for the business. I personally haven't used HubSpot or MailChimp so I don't know what the competition is like however I've never felt the need to dip into the market and look at other products so I suppose that says enough about the product.

Prospect engagement - it allows us to send out relevant email marketing campaigns and have our inside sales teams follow these leads up which eventually lead to new business and revenue for the business.

Pardot review by Rebecca S.
Rebecca S.

"Pardot is great for mid-large businesses"

What do you like best?

We really like the Salesforce and Eventbrite integration with the platform. Our email deliverability has been much better than systems we've used in the past. The reporting feature on the emails has been very helpful as well.

What do you dislike?

The email creation/UI could be better. We do a lot of our own coding and often times the pardot system doesn't return what we've coded properly.

While the Eventbrite integration is great, I've noticed if someone cancels a ticket in Eventbrite, Pardot doesn't update that information.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Pardot is a lot to take on at first. It is quite a robust system with a lot of opportunity and ins-and-outs. Once you get over the learning curve it is a decent system. Just give yourself some time to learn the platform.

Having the salesforce and eventbrite integration has been very beneficial for us. We are able to properly track easily who has attended our events and who hasn't. It has made our marketing efforts much easier.

Pardot review by Kaivalya K.
Kaivalya K.

"Makes it significantly easier to engage the customer than ever before"

What do you like best?

Marketing is changing and Pardot helps me NOT be a dinosaur in the age of Personalization at scale. I have been using Pardot for around 6 months now and a competing platform for much before that. Pardot's intuitive and easy to use features helped me move beyond using Marketing Automation for Email blasts to creating complex nurture campaigns and integrate my inbound marketing from web with email and social campaigns.

Especially for existing Salesforce users like me, most features are very easy to use and integrate easily with Salesforce CRM.

What do you dislike?

I sometimes struggle with customizing emails and landing pages. I'm not sure if that is intentional for keeping things structured or if I am yet to learn all tools at my disposal as I am a new user. Hopefully, with the help of available training resources and the regular webinars that Pardot provides, I might overcome this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Pardot's advantage is when you use all of its features. We use Pardot for engaging prospects through complex nurture campaigns, integrate leads from our web properties and social media campaigns, one-off emails and for periodic newsletters to existing customers

Marketing for a small, lesser known company in the industry is more challenging because the response to campaigns is very less when compared to bigger brands. By running nurture campaigns from Pardot, we are able to stay at the top of the mind with our prospects and eventually convert a larger number to qualified leads for our sales team.

Another advantage that we found was that it is much more easier to build landing pages in Pardot than working through an agency that develops and maintains our website. With a couple of templates in place, we just need to depend on an agency for creating the banner, while the rest of the page can be developed by us on Pardot in few minutes to a couple of hours.

Pardot review by Michael D.
Michael D.

"Pardot Integrates"

What do you like best?

Salesforce and Pardot now (finally) integrate seamlessly and this does remove database inconsistencies. Pardot is advanced enough for a mid-size company to nurture inbound prospects well without getting too cumbersome with too many advanced features that rarely would get used.

What do you dislike?

The basic mechanics of engaging lists and differentiating campaigns while scheduling and launching is unnecessarily tedious at times. The system should "remember' a users "go to" processes and put them front and center. Like tagging most commonly used campaigns. There are also several hidden "upcharges" for memory space and the like that surface at the most inopportune times. Better warnings and upfront disclosures would help.

Automated nurturing od B2B prospects on a segmented basis is critical to our inbound marketing plan.

Pardot review by Claire H.
Claire H.

"Pardot is good with CRM integration and notifications of prospects' activities "

What do you like best?

1. How well Pardot integrates with SFDC

2. The intuitive interface

3. The simplicity of creating email templates

4. The onboarding and implementation process was great too - our trainer was very helpful and friendly.

What do you dislike?

Reaching out support teams is not that easy and straightforward and takes time especially after it's integrated with SFDC's support system. Email marketing tools are not as easy to use as other email marketing platforms, because I have to always create new and use lists instead of using "those have opened the previous email..." kind of logic when setting up my mailing lists.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are using SFDC and need a marketing automation tool that integrates with SFDC well, Pardot is the best choice. Marketo is smarter with email marketing tools but Pardot is definitely better with CRM integration. Even if I find the email marketing part of Pardot is not as easy to use, I still very much enjoy using Pardot for my work on a daily basis.

Being able to stay informed of prospects' activities and interests, timely, and assign to the Sales reps easily in a way that they also find easy to see and easy to follow up. Its seamless integration with SFDC is great as I am using SFDC on a daily basis, and I can easily visit the SFDC lead or contact's page from Pardot's prospect page with direct links - which is very convenient. I also set up notifications for myself to stay up-to-date of who downloads our content and can therefore help remind our Sales reps. I really benefit a lot from the SFDC integration and prospect activities notifications part a lot with Pardot.

Pardot review by Samantha S.
Samantha S.

"Robust Automation Tool"

What do you like best?

The best thing about Pardot is just how much you can do with it. The setup process can be a bit daunting, but the support team is there to walk you through any and all questions you have. Many of the tools we see the most benefit from are great because they require very little upkeep once they are set up, but continually provide value as they continue to pull in great data from our website and email marketing.

What do you dislike?

Being such a robust tool, there is A LOT to learn. It can be overwhelming trying to take in the entire product at once, but know that there are so many resources to help you meet your goals with this great tool.

We see a major benefit through using the form builder, being able to collect data from our website that flows seamlessly into Pardot, then into Salesforce for everyone to have access to. We are also able to track more clearly where our web traffic is coming from through the use of custom redirects and market better based on that data.

Pardot review by Mike P.
Mike P.

"Solid Tool for Medium-Sized Businesses"

What do you like best?

I think the biggest thing is the automation. We have a pretty lean sales and marketing team and being able to automate responses and outgoing emails allows our sales team to focus on phone calls rather than having to continually draft follow up emails.

We also rely heavily on the landing pages and forms within the product to help our lead gen efforts. They're easy enough for us to use but robust enough to capture the details we need to qualify leads. It's really a great tool that does a lot to help our business.

What do you dislike?

My biggest gripe is with the WYSIWYG editors within Pardot. For how robust the product is, the WYSIWYG tools are pretty limited from a formatting and functionality standpoint. Although, I feel like that's an issue across the board in this particular market.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have a firm grip on your data before doing anything in Pardot. It's a great tool, but one that can get messy fast.

Also, take advantage of your implementations team. Take your time with the process and be thorough.

We primarily use Pardot to help us manage lead gen, so I'd say that's our biggest business problem. Rather than having to rely on several different sources, we're able to use Pardot landing pages in conjunction with ad placements to gather, track and then report on the leads we're able to generate. Because the software then integrates with Salesforce, we can basically get closed-loop reporting on each and every lead and opportunity. This has lead us to be more efficient in our ad spend and help us direct efforts to those that are best performing while tweaking those that could use some support.

Pardot review by Charlotte K.
Charlotte K.

"Pardot has changed the way we engage with our members - For the Better!"

What do you like best?

Pardot has given us analytics, tools, and automation abilities that were never even a possibility with our previous systems. We are a non-profit using a CRM for the first time and needed a marketing automation tool that would work with all the data coming from Salesforce - Pardot meet's this need very well. It's shown us what we can do in the future and helped us start grasping big picture ideas for where we want to go in the future, which for a non-profit that used to use something much closer to Constant Contact - this was a game changer - we're already looking at what we'll do with as we increase our platform in the future.

Last note: the success community, product support, and available advice, help and consistent webinars have made the onboarding and consistent reengagement as well as continued use of the tool, so much more valuable. The support is one of the paramount reasons we would stay.

What do you dislike?

Although there are many things to love, I'm not a huge fan of the limitations of the Standard platform - I don't feel like A/B testing is soo unique that it should be available for $10,000 more per year (as well as a lot of other features as well) in the next available platform, but this and the low storage capacity for the standard level are an obvious incentive to upgrade, but at the upgraded pricing platform - we're now also looking at Marketing Cloud as well as Pardot to see what meets our needs best.

Recommendations to others considering the product

idenify exactly what you want to do, or rather what kind of communications you want to be sending, to your members or your clients/customers - and make a strong list of what they are. Then look at the platform that will meet those needs to start with before you buy too many features.

We are solving the need for consistent outbound communications with our members, but in realizing what we want to do and what Pardot and Marketing cloud are capable of - we're identifying new needs that we can meet with either platform.

Pardot review by Christina F.
Christina F.

"Great User Interface, Easy to Use, Easy to Learn"

What do you like best?

Everything about Pardot is intuitive and easy to learn. Nearly everything you would need to do to accomplish a task is in the same place, unlike other programs that separate out the design and campaign sections and require multiple clicks to accomplish something small. I especially love the Engagement Studio, which makes it extremely easy to set up complex nurture tracks.

What do you dislike?

I wish it was easier to get support. The chat feature is very helpful, but it is not manned 100% of the time. Additionally, support tickets can sometimes take a while to be followed up on, and sometimes I have had to create a new support ticket to get help.

-Unlike other marketing automation platforms, Pardot has a very easy learning curve. I was able to get up to speed and comfortable with the program relatively quickly.

-Email marketing can all be done in one place. You design, test, and schedule emails within one window, which makes email marketing much less time consuming.

-I LOVE the Engagement Studio. It is so easy and intuitive to set up complex nurture tracks.

-All the reporting you could need is already built out in the program

-Easy to connect to third-party platforms, such as social media, Webex, AdWords, AddThis, etc

-Easy to import new prospects, segment existing prospects by any parameters you set

-Easy to set lead scoring parameters

Pardot review by Randy M.
Randy M.

"Horrible product, customer support, and contract. "

What do you like best?

We have a midsize AE/SDR team selling SAAS services. This system was overpriced and complete failure for our organization.

What do you dislike?

In less than one year we have opened 42 support tickets with Pardot. Many with no resolution. After determining that the product simply doesn't work we are transitioning to Hubspot. Pardot is still forcing us to pay licensing fees even though their product failed to function. Do not use.

Stand Out Issues:

- The gmail plugin simply doesn't work. Activity is not consistently logged in SalesForce. We have reported the technical issue many times to their support.

- They cap uploaded assets (Ex: images) at 100 MB storage. This is ridiculous. When we hit the cap they wanted to charge us 4K to increase storage.

- Poor reporting on emails:

* Missing data on 1:1 emails. Direct emails sent via the Gmail plug-in.

* CTR doesn鈥檛 show for under 1% in engagement studio > Requires us to click down into each email template to pull report and export details to do a side by side comparison

* There are no reports generated for engagement studio (only drip programs - old feature now retired)

- Cant track replies on emails > can鈥檛 gauge performance

- Recurring issues with Engage in Gmail and Engage Alerts (holds up the sales team from their day-to-day tasks)

- Poor UX in Engage via gmail for sales team (cannot organize 1:1 templates by folder)

- Limited on engage logic, can only use prospect fields. We can't use opportunity or account data in automation.

This has been the worst software experience in my 17 years of running this business. Even after explaining all of the issues above they refused to let us exit our contract. It's really bad business. We are continuing to use the the CRM from SalesForce but this relationship has been soured. I requested that they transfer the fees we paid on Pardot to SalesForce licenses and they declined. Don't fall into this trap.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't use it

None

Pardot review by Chad K.
Chad K.

"Pardot: The Intuitive Marketing Approach"

What do you like best?

Pardot's UI is among the most intuitive I've experienced. Navigation is clearly defined and all information is organized in a way that just makes supreme sense.

What do you dislike?

My one real complaint with Pardot is that the out-of-the-box reporting is not very robust.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for an automation platform that places flexibility as a priority, then Pardot is it.

We are now delivering content more consistently and coherently than we have in the past. Metrics and A/B testing allow us to gain insights for continual improvement, which is huge for us.

The automation capabilities that the Engagement Studio brings to the table allows us to take care of the routine tasks that our Sales team would otherwise have to perform manually. Pardot saves time while helping us increase our reach/exposure.

Pardot review by justiniano III e.
justiniano III e.

"Pardot - Making life easier for our Marketing team"

What do you like best?

In an Administrators Perspective Pardot has a simple interface and usability which is the most important - I am a Salesforce Administrator but has no background in Pardot 8 months ago. I started setting up our Pardot from ground Zero and It has been a pleasant experience all around.

The second thing I really appreciate is Pardot Community and Support. They have been responsive to my questions. I think I have submitted a total of 20 cases within 6 months and I got what I was looking for in a clear and quick answers! Thank you!

What do you dislike?

I sometimes struggle with Chat support - Chat support is really useful for quick questions or feature enablement, Nothing else.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you wanted to implement Pardot and have a Salesforce - you are in good hands. Just make sure your admin is certified in Salesforce and USE THE COMMUNITY!! they are really good.

We are a firm from Canada, For the past 4 months we have been working to setup a subscription Management in our mailing that fulfills Canada's requirement for Canadian Anti spam legislation (Which is a pain) - We used Pardot's engagement Studio and Automation and it has made our lives easier since we don't have to manage unsubscribe we

Pardot review by Billy B.
Billy B.

"Pardot has forever changed the way we do email marketing"

What do you like best?

The simplicity of the UI. Filters are great and lead to easier ways to manage and sort prospect data. Drip campaigns are great because before Pardot all campaigns were done manually and ever-so-often. Pardot truly helps our business stay in front of our audience and it has really helped our business grow.

What do you dislike?

There needs to be more room for customizations of data and reporting, especially reporting. All the time there is data I need and I goto to run a report for it and it either doesn't exist or the existing report doesn't provide enough. Some of the other softwares I use on a daily basis have a lot more options for filtering data and it would be nice if Pardot had this as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Pardot is a great tool, but make sure you realize it's not a simple turn it on and let it run. I work in Pardot everyday creating new templates, campaigns, drips, lists, filters, etc. When we first got Pardot, management thought it could be setup and fully running in a day or so and that is not the case. It probably depends on your business but ours took a couple weeks to develop and figure out how everything should go. A lot of thought needs to be put into the flow of the drip campaigns. Overtime this gets easier but at first it seems like a lot work, it's totally worth it though.

Generating leads via email drip programs and gaining more data on visitors to our site and their activity.

Pardot review by Matt K.
Matt K.

"Great Marketing Automation"

What do you like best?

Pardot has a lot of automation built into the platform. It pretty much runs on its own once properly setup.

You can setup our everything in advance and then just walk away and let it run on its own. This is great for us, since as a small business, we don't have a dedicated marketing department or even a dedicated marketing person. Pardot serves as our entire marketing team and ensures that our prospects get the right emails without being spammed.

What do you dislike?

There are a lot of different options available to configure Pardot, so it's not always easy to know which one you should use, for example Dynamic Lists vs Rules. Navigating the menus can be confusing, but has gotten easier. The help website is really thorough and I can always find the answers I'm looking for just by searching.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start simple. You don't need to plan your entire marketing strategy. Create one really good email template and landing page. You can then send out mass emails and see how easy it is to use. Then you can clone the templates and landing pages for future use. You can get up and running quickly and keep planning as you learn.

Automating our marketing efforts for those interested in our products and services. Pardot has allowed us to reduce the amount of time we spend on a weekly basis managing our marketing lists and sending out mass emails.

Pardot review by CAMILA R.
CAMILA R.

"Potente herramienta de automatizaci贸n "

What do you like best?

Posee un gran foro para la aportaci贸n de ideas y gesti贸n intuitiva.para el mejor rendimiento en el momento de creaci贸n de nuevos correos electr贸nicos donde nos ayuda a incrementar la acci贸n commercial de una forma 煤til, automatizada y eficaz generando a su vez grandes resultados para cualquier empresa.

What do you dislike?

Como una desventaja, puedo se帽alar la falta de herramientas dise帽adas en la plataforma para el seguimiento y organizaci贸n de eventos de una forma m谩s correcta y 煤til. Hay herramientas en el Mercado que 茅ste tipo de gesti贸n lo realizan de una forma completa.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Recomiendo dicha herramienta orientada a la comunicaci贸n y gesti贸n de algunos de los 谩mbitos de marketing para conseguir una relaci贸n eficaz con el cliente.

La comunicaci贸n de 茅sta herramienta es su interior frente al resto de clientes es una de sus mayores ventajas integrando los contenidos y publicaciones dentro de la herramienta para que puedan interactuar empresa y clientes de una forma m谩s r谩pida y no perder el tiempo.

Pardot review by Ankit K.
Ankit K.

"Dynamic Marketing Automation tool with great Customer Success"

What do you like best?

I am using Pardot from last 3 years, i have seen the changes in the Pardot from Pardot classic to new user interface, There are a lot of functionality of Pardot which i personally liked most like Scoring rules, Page Actions, Automation rules,Dynamic Lists, List emails, Prospect tagging, OnetoOne emails plugin, different marketing ROI generated campaigns, etc. Most of these feature of Pardot let you know your customer more closely, their interest in your product and services which helps the Sales reps to convert that prospect into the customer. Most interesting part of these features are like you will be able to know the customer behavior on your website which is the most important area of digital marketing. In short, Pardot help me and my organization to increase our business rapidly.

What do you dislike?

In some cases, i bound by the pardot features to solve my problems on the day to day activities like on reporting side in the list section when you have created a dynamic list, you don't have the specific date when the prospect has left the dynamic list based on the criteria, this is one of the example, I have faced during using Pardot. In other way, Pardot need to provide more customization on user side, so that Pardot Users can solve their complex problems using this customization in the Pardot.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Pardot is one of the best Marketing Automation tool i have ever used, it will help you to grow your business with Marketing Automation techniques. It will allow you to know your customers behavior and get connected with your customers and Partners.

We are using Pardot for solving our day to day requirements to reaching out our Prospects, Customers and Partners. Apart from this, it is also helpful in the customer analytics and behavior, We have automated the marketing emails using Drip email programs and Engagement Studio. We are segregating our prospects based on their interest level using Scoring Rules to find the most relevant prospects that can be turned into a customer. One more feature of Point alert helping our team a lot to get the instant notification of the prospect based on their activities performed on our website. Pardot forms are helping us to get more information of the prospect and also specific forms like demo forms and contact us forms giving us a real time instant notification of the prospect requirement.

Pardot review by Christopher J.
Christopher J.

"Lots of additional benefits!"

What do you like best?

I love being able to see a customer journey before they even get a call from our guys. It really allows us to get a feel for their current pain points so we can tailor our calls and emails to win more business.

Also, being able to see who is on what pages and what time give us direct, real time feedback on how our website is performing. We didn't realise it even did that!

The engagement studio is really cool piece of kit. The UI is so cool and is a unique way of processing where in the journey a customer is. We are currently exploring different ways in which we can dynamically bounce customers between engagement studios depending on what they interact with.

What do you dislike?

The reporting could be more intuitive. We do have times where people simply want to see how many prospects in a certain grade are assigned to them.

Also, it would be good if you could flag a prospect and get notified when they interact with certain pieces of content.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We didn't use an implementation partner. We used the free online guides to set up and maintain. Luckily we have enough resource to learn and adapt to any mistakes.

If you don't use an implementation partner, make sure you have give regular attention to Pardot, certainly in the first 6 months.

oh, and use the community!!! They are really nice guys.

We were totally blind to our customers experiences until that first call from the internal team. We had no idea if they had been on our website, received our marking or even knew who we were! This meant we couldn't efficiently prioritise our call lists.

Now, we can run off a call list in relation to a certain campaign or event and prioritise our calls to the prospects who have interacted with us the most! Even to the point where we can tailor our call depending on which pages they have visited.

Pardot review by User in Computer Software

"Pardot Review "

What do you like best?

Pardot is a fairly easy product to use. It is simple - I would say less sophisticated than other products out there but it definitely gets the job done for a small team.

What do you dislike?

Pardot is not able to provide the necessary insights from a Sales perspective. Where as a product like Marketo provides almost any Sales insight that you are looking to gather. Pardot simply provides you with a running lists of contact/lea activity.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a small-mid size company that is looking to get a quick start, I would definitely recommend Pardot over something like Hubspot. But if you are mid-ENT company with high aspirations, I would consider something like Marketo, Silverpop, Eloqua.

We previously did not have anything in place, so Pardot was able to provide us with a quick start from a Marketing/Sales perspective. Our Marketing team is able to effectively reach out to prospective clients and the Sales team is able to see some important insights (i.e. who recently viewed our website or who recently clicked a link on an email that went out).

Pardot review by Andrew P.
Andrew P.

"Still some bugs to work out and needs to get up to standards"

What do you like best?

The best thing about Pardot is it's native Salesforce integration. Getting data between the systems is a breeze, once you've gone through the somewhat arduous setup. After that though, the integration is seamless.

What do you dislike?

There are some real limitations in the way you can format forms. Building forms is easy but getting them to match the look and feel of your website is a total pain, to say nothing of trying to match it to a landing page you've built in Pardot. Forms are always tough, but Pardot doesn't make it easy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It really depends on the size of your business and whether or not you use Salesforce. If you don't have Salesforce, there really is no point in using Pardot, but since a lot of folks do, then that's not that big of a deal. That said, Pardot functions really well for small and mid-sized businesses that don't have a lot of complicated nurturing needs and simply need a way to keep their marketing cohesive. But, if you're a bigger org needing multi-channel multi-message nurturing, Pardot isn't quite up to snuff just yet.

Pardot does a nice job of nurturing leads. Their automation platform, UI and logic are really quite good. The functionality and ability to do multiple communications across multiple streams isn't quite as good as some other platforms like Marketo, but all in all, the platform does a nice job for small and mid-sized businesses. I would struggle though, to use it in an enterprise environment. It seems more tailored for the smaller shops.

Pardot review by Kayleigh F.
Kayleigh F.

"Marketing Automation Made Easy!"

What do you like best?

Pardot is an incredibly easy and powerful marketing automation tool. Everything has been designed with your end users in mind and it makes our jobs very easy (and fun!). I love that I can pull quick and accurate reports, as well as drill down into prospects to provide more detailed information when I report out each month to my team. Customer support is incredible - they are always happy to help & get back to you with the best answer the first time around. They are second to none!

What do you dislike?

There is very little to dislike about Pardot. I'd like to see more customization options within folders (mere user ability preference) & I am very excited to see the new drip program tool. I think it will help me understand the benefits of using that process for better lead nurturing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your homework. Make sure you ask Sales specific questions that relate to your business goals. Every tool in the pardot suite is VERY powerful for any marketing automation manager. It is fun to see the data and be able to share this information quickly!

Our company has struggled with how to accurately email & market to our database. We are a b2b company that sells software to hospitals and we have a hard time getting our messages to resonate with our target audiences. With Pardot's segmentation tool, we are able to better understand our buyer persona's and how what we message will make a positive impact with those groups.

Pardot review by Cole G.
Cole G.

"Pardot Review"

What do you like best?

I love the functionality of Pardot, and how simple it is to use. The user interface is self-explanatory, and allows us to enter in prospects, create new engagement studio programs, and view reports with ease. The ability to mass-assign prospects helps our business as well. We have already seen an increase in the amount of sales opportunities from Pardot! I do like the fact that Pardot is very scalable, and can continue to grow with our business as well. We have not only used Pardot with our Sales Team, but are also implementing this with our Marketing team to be able to educate current customers about additional products they can sign up for, and provide more educational items on how they can utilize our services effectively.

What do you dislike?

There is really not a lot to dislike. I would like to see a little more robust reporting features, or slight updates to the current reporting on the CTR of specific email blasts. Currently, we have to click on each email individually, and compile a report manually. It would be beneficial to have this automatically generated into a single report.

We are solving the problem of not nurturing leads, and spending too much time cold calling, rather than pulling on doors to local business and quite honestly selling. With Pardot, we are able to automatically nurture our prospects, and have them reach out to us once they're ready for an appointment. This way, we can spend more of our time selling, which again, has been an issue in the past.

Pardot review by Travis B.
Travis B.

"Access to experts"

What do you like best?

I've implemented several marketing automation tools (IBM Silverpop, ExactTarget, Pardot) and I've found the ease of operations in Pardot the most easy to use. When I come across challenges, the Pardot Office Hours are a great resource. I'm provided access to Pardot experts in a way that suits me. It compliments the Success Community very well.

What do you dislike?

This is a personal preference, but the Success Community doesn't work that well for me. And that's why I favor the Pardot Office Hours. I need to be able to vocalize my question, verse typing it out (call me impatient).

Recommendations to others considering the product

When you are comparing marketing automation tools, identify the systems that best integrate with your CRM for the right price. This tool is excellent for prospect nurturing.

We never nurtured prospects electronically, and relied on our sales team to cold call more than 100 leads per day. We are changing our culture here to provide our sales team with warmed leads so the leads that they call are aware of our services.

Pardot review by Kelsey S.
Kelsey S.

"Comparable to Marketo, Sharp Spring, etc. with a little more usability "

What do you like best?

Excellent for organizations with someone onboard who is able to help set up, automate, etc. If you have leads organized by territory, it is extremely user-friendly with regard to letting reps stay on top of their own leads.

What do you dislike?

It does require someone to set it up, and you generally will have to click into the prospect's name to be able to see details, rather than the "blurb" that marketo gives you. This may add 3-4 seconds per lead.

It gives me the ability to get ahead of my prospects. Lead tracking software like Yesware is great to track when clients have opened your emails, but Pardot is PHENOMENAL to show you when clients have actually been browsing certain pages on your website. It's just a little more versatile.

Pardot review by Randall S.
Randall S.

"Full Features, Tight Integration with Salesforce"

What do you like best?

With such a tight integration with Salesforce, my job is that much easier when creating campaigns for existing leads and contacts. I can create campaigns in Salesforce and quickly and easily create a segmented list of those contacts that I want to reach. Additionally, I work with many clients who are new to Pardot and the ease with which they can work with their existing data makes getting up to speed very easy. During consulting engagements, we can usually have a client up and running in less than two days.

What do you dislike?

User experience is a big part of my job and I feel like this is one area where Pardot could use a bit of work. Sometimes it's difficult to find things and navigation feels clunky in some places.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Simple, easy to use, cost-effective, and feature-rich.

We use Pardot to engage our existing customers and leads with industry related content. We also use Pardot to engage both sales leads and potential candidates through progressive forms.

Pardot review by Richard C.
Richard C.

"Good tool, great customer engagement"

What do you like best?

Pardot is relatively straightforward to use and the implementation help is detailed enough for any self starter. It does everything we needed to introduce marketing automation and I can't fault it's capabilities. However, when you have a question or want to know best practice then it's incredibly helpful to have the Customer Success team available every day of the week, plus there's plenty of free sessions to help people through the go live process. These people are both knowledgeable and passionate about the product, and its refreshing to deal with people that aren't just trying to close the ticket as quickly as possible.

What do you dislike?

Seriously, dislike is mandatory? My main dislike is more annoyance as we have five separate marketing teams to deal with and getting them to agree on one scoring criteria and one naming standard is a challenge. I wouldn't fault the product here, as we could have separate Pardot instances if we want, all integrated with a single Salesforce Sales Cloud org.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get commitment from your marketing teams to spend the hours needed to practice and study each week. If you're not IT savvy then do go on a training course once you get access. Be flexible in what you want to do, focus on what you're trying to achieve not how to achieve it.

Primarily for email engagement with existing customers, with some lead generation, scoring, grading to deliver better MQLs integrated into SFDC.

Learn more about Pardot

Pardot Videos

Learning about Pardot?

* We monitor all Pardot reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.