Parse

Just focus on creating amazing user experiences and forget about complex infrastructure. Use Parse in your app and easily add a powerful cloud database, versatile push notification services, analytics tracking, and more.

Work for Parse?

Learning about Parse?

Parse Reviews

Showing 40 Parse reviews
Parse review by <span>Bjoern S.</span>
Bjoern S.

"Parse is being shut down in January 2017"

What do you like best?

We really enjoyed the ability to build small middleware solutions with Parse. It came with everyhting you needed: User management, database, SSL hosting, different client SDKs. We're sad to see it go

What do you dislike?

Parse was never production level reliable. We could only use it for scenarios that we'ren't business critical.

I obviously also dislike Facebook's decision to shut it down.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You shouldn't use it, as it's shutting down. There's no real way to become a new user of Parse. The current way would be to deploy Parse server on your own infrastructure, as it's been open-sourced. This also means that there are a few additional considerations here:

1) Does open source Parse server support all your use cases (i.e. there is no built-in job framework anymore).

2) what solution do you use to manage your Parse apps (Parse Dashboard has been open-sourced to, but is a separate prodcut).

3) Where do you want to host ist. Parse suggests a number of cloud based hosters, we're currently going with Heroku. We've also tried running on Digital Ocean and think about trying to run on Azure.

We could deploy custom software solutions at a much faster time to market. It was particularly useful to write custom middlewares that would move data based on webhooks from one system to another.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Parse
Parse review by G2 Crowd User in Leisure, Travel & Tourism
G2 Crowd User in Leisure, Travel & Tourism

"Technical debt that wasn't worth the tradeoff"

What do you like best?

User session management is one of the few things I don't loathe about Parse. Their docs are pretty well thought out as well. I didn't take place in the full implementation, but apparently you can get up and running rather quickly.

What do you dislike?

Most everything. Insanely long response times for most queries. We're talking at LEAST 1000ms for a single record query, even if searching by the objectId. The product is also being deprecated, so it was a forcing function of our migration off the platform. A lot of my dislike towards it might be misdirected from being a fan of SQL over a mongodb. It's quite costly for the amount of downtime we also experience.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't waste the time and effort. It's being deprecated.

We were solving the need of quickly spinning up an API/backend server as a service. It made getting off the ground relatively quick but cost us a lot in technical debt.

What Mobile Backend-as-a-Service (mBaaS) solution do you use?

Parse review by <span>Ephraim K.</span>
Ephraim K.

"Parse used as a backend for a quick iOS app"

What do you like best?

The best feature of Parse it the ability to do things quickly with little code in the app itself. There are a couple lines to set it up the the didFinishLaunchingWithOptions method, and then it is very simple to use in the rest of the app. My app only uses reads, not writes, from the Parse cloud, and I just want to pull all the data from a table in the database. I can do that by creating a PFQuery in one line, then by calling findObjectsInBackgroundWithBlock on that query to fetch the data as JSON asynchronously. It really is that easy. Parse has many other ways to request, write, and temporarily cache data, but it works great for me thus far as just an api to fetch data from the web and store in Core Data.

What do you dislike?

The biggest problem with data is the requirement to host your own database and parse server. This hasn't always been the case but since Parse is open source now, this will likely be the way going forward. However, the guides to do this are quite clear. The way I do it is host the Parse Server on Heroku and the data on MLabs. Both are free for the amount of traffic I have. I also use the Parse Dashboard locally to have an easy interface to update and add new data to the MLab MongoDB.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Checkout and update the Parse CocoaPod often. Since the ParseServer and CocoaPod library are now open source, things are changing fast for the better.

My iOS app's backbone is data on specific buildings and locations across the world. This data is updated quarterly and I need an easy way to ensure my customers have the latest data. Because this is a free app (TempleTrip on the App Store), I wanted a free easy hosting solution that wouldn't require me to write and maintain a lot of server-side code. Parse works great for me.

Parse review by <span>Alex S.</span>
Alex S.

"A huge time-saver for bootstrapping development, but left us stranded when end-of-lifed"

What do you like best?

Parse's complete stack offering was the main draw. Its completeness was illustrated straight away when the documentation and 'Getting Started' docs were first read. This made me feel it was sufficiently solid to base our product off of.

It provided us with a foundation to build our unique logic upon. That meant we could avoid reinventing the wheel in so many instances, especially when it came to remote database synchronisation — easily the most challenging part of our app's requirements.

What do you dislike?

At first my primary dislike was how one-size-fits-all its approach to dev was. It meant our app had to be designed around Parse's development philosophy, rather than it fitting our's.

But a year on, obviously my biggest dislike of it was the way it was discontinued. Suddenly we found ourselves having to prematurely rewrite large portions of the app in addition to a whole new backend. This definitely makes me think twice about trusting anther startup with the core operations of any future apps I write.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure what timespan you require the use of the product over, and then create contingency plans in the event that the platform is no longer available to you in the form it once was.

Don't let it be an excuse to not have knowledge / experience in the most difficult parts of the technology stack (such as database synchronisation and offline caching), as you may find yourself need to to rapidly develop a different approach when your original plan is no longer viable.

Parse solved our immediate need for a backend, dramatically reducing the initial development time by several weeks. It cut our costs, but more importantly, cut the time to market.

The primary business benefit I see emerging from this product is the ability to prototype and deploy apps in a very short time span, therefore enabling far more experimentation to take place in the development and idea creation space.

Parse review by <span>Peter M.</span>
Peter M.

"One of the best mobile as backend"

What do you like best?

Parse contains 3 things that are really useful, setting up the database, push notification to the back end, and the cross platform APIs to access these 3 things. On top of everything is their friendly UI and amazing documentation. Although these looks extremely simple features, but yet on one has done it right.

What do you dislike?

There are certain limitations with Parse, such as storing file is only at 10MB. So we had to build additional tool to store either on AWS or Azure and store the link of the file to Parse. But I think this is something they can do easily as part of the feature which would increase usage for the users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Parse is shutting down, we have yet to find another software mobile as backend service that can replace parse. For now, we are still using Parse, and trying to migrate it out using their open source server version.

We are building a video app, which allows users to cut videos and make their own version of multiple different videos. We realized the benefit is quickly built out our backend with Parse instead of spending additional resources when the product is not validated with market yet.

Parse review by <span>Patrick W.</span>
Patrick W.

"Awesome, Simple Backend Services"

What do you like best?

I initially used Parse as an easy way of integrating push notifications into a native iOS application I developed. Its very well designed and easy to add to an application with minimal headaches. If you plug in additional data points, Parse makes it easy to target messages to specific users or groups of users that match certain attributes.

What do you dislike?

One of the best things about Parse is that it's currently managed and operated for you. In January 2017, you'll need to host the service yourself in order to continue using it (http://parse.com/migration). That said, it's still immensely valuable even if you have to host it yourself.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You'll need to setup your own hosted version of Parse if you wish to continue using it after January 2017. That said: it's worth it.

Being able to push content to users and maintain a tightly integrated database in parallel is really valuable in quickly building and deploying a technology product. Parse makes it very easy to integrate push notifications into your application with as little complexity as possible or as much as you desire if you wish to push the feature further.

Parse review by <span>Kyle D.</span>
Kyle D.

"Parse is leaving us"

What do you like best?

The comprehensive guides for each platform and the ui. However I have since moved to a new backend. Parse was interesting because it allowed anybody to share native models across server-side code and across multiple clients. Also it was free for smaller clients.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that the services will be fully retired very soon. I also disliked that another one of the major problems is fetching of a maximum of 1000 results in one query. More data should be able to be fetched by using paging but the problem arises while using innerQuery. And the delay in push notifications.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's not going to be there. So don't.

General mobile development. But once again, it's shutting down, so I had to find something new. The primary advantages of Parse were that I was able to work with application-level concepts, such as user accounts and push notifications instead of just technology-focused concepts like databases and socket I/O.

Parse review by <span>Matija S.</span>
Matija S.

"Out of the box stable BaaS "

What do you like best?

Easy data access and multiple data types with simple class creation.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes unstable and slow service for several minutes, this problems were occurred once in two months.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best backend as a service at the market with reasonable pricing limits.

But because of retiring announcement I would not recommend it to anybody. We started to using Parse because we thing that this will be long term solution but after announcement I am not 100% sure in any Facebook product and use it in production. We started using application in production and after 2 months Parse announce that at 17th of January 2017 they will close down their service and than migration to parse-server and host at AWS is now only solution for us.

We are using Parse as simple backend solution for our clients applications mobile native applications and AngularJS web apps.

Parse review by <span>Mihai I.</span>
Mihai I.

"Fast and easy to use"

What do you like best?

I always liked their idea of reaching people in new user experience. Parse developed a very simple way to handle things regarding user experience. And that they are showing so much support in migrating.

I now like the idea of moving to our own service because of flexibility and extending the product in our direction. Small features will be a lot easier to implement and maintain.

What do you dislike?

I did not had any problems with deploying and working with Parse. But it had some issues regarding querying the database. The limit of 10000 last records was some hassle as I needed to record everything on my side too.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's easy to use and easy to implement.

Reaching end-user is problem. Push Notifications from Parse made it a lot easier. iOS, Android and PHP SDK's solved a lot of problems.

Parse review by <span>Gaurav S.</span>
Gaurav S.

"Best product to get your apps running quickly"

What do you like best?

I use it primarily to prototype my ideas. Creating MVP is first target on any project and parse minimizes the effort required in it.

What do you dislike?

Parse is going away. That's what I dislike most. Parse decided to shut down all of a sudden and this has made me wary of all other such platforms

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it for prototyping and try to migrate to something of your own as soon as possible.

In agile development model, it's very necessary to change codebase very frequently and parse lets me redesign my database multiple times a day, I need not worry about communicating the changes to other developers until and unless it does not affect them. I need not worry about sudden downtime or crash. I don't need a devops team to manage server.

Over all turn around time has improved.

Parse review by <span>Sanju S.</span>
Sanju S.

"Good to start but not for production"

What do you like best?

When starting with the project, Parse was an easy, affordable way to go without spending much time on the backend. SDK's provided easy access and predefined query API's gave faster access to the data. Auth mechanisms took a lot of pain away while starting!

What do you dislike?

The product is not scalable. As the users on the platform grew, the queries started dropping, Columns did not get indexed properly resulting in incorrect API responses. The responses are slow and write to db was taking a lot of time. Not at all scalable for a product in production

Was using Parse as a backend. Have used it to store user level data, completion details and was used for Push messages. Parse data was also used to send data to a customized dashboard that worked as a reporting module

Parse review by <span>Brayden G.</span>
Brayden G.

"Product was used to replace the back end in a very frontend heavy honours project. "

What do you like best?

I like that authentication is a breeze with Parse especially when adding social authentication.

What do you dislike?

Limited ability to customize backend API. Certain features such as running multiple background tasks at once can get very costly with Parse. This may not be an issue now as it is being open sourced.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would try out Parse to see if it can solve the problem you are facing, if so it could save you a lot of time. It also is being open sourced now so even cheaper to run.

It becomes very easy to store and access objects with Parse and authentication is already taken care of. No need to worry about anything access control related is very nice. Parse also provides many frontend frameworks which makes it easy and intuitive to integrate on the frontend.

Parse review by <span>Antonello P.</span>
Antonello P.

"A new era of hosted services"

What do you like best?

The new "parse server" released GPL is a full fresh start for this project.

Project like sashido (that I'm using right now) can help you testing Parse and if you like it you can host your personal parse-server

What do you dislike?

The big step backward after the open source release.

For months users doesn't had any information about the future of this project.

I think the next year will be the real start of parse open source

I usually develop mobile apps with backend support. Parse is a great solution for this kind of projects

Parse review by <span>karthika p.</span>
karthika p.

"I really liked how easy it was to use it."

What do you like best?

I used Parse when we had to build a cloud based backend for our android app, and the tutorials which showed us how to set it up really helped.

What do you dislike?

The issue we faced at that time was that there was no relational database present, and we had to write complex queries with a lot of joins. Hence, apart from just the user login, for the main product we had to use our own local relational database

Recommendations to others considering the product

If it had all the features like a relational database etc, I highly recommend it.

we were solving commute to our workplace as part of the hackathon( for which we used parse).

benefits -

a) built in and easy to develop features like sign in etc

Parse review by <span>Matteo M.</span>
Matteo M.

"Perfect for starting with a new project"

What do you like best?

- User authentication/authorization/ACL

- Really simple and easysetup

- SDK available for many different platforms/languages

- Competitive low tier pricing

- Now it's open source!

What do you dislike?

- ...Parse BAAS will be dismissed on January 2017

- Many different small things are missing from the official documentation

Parse is the perfect tool for mocking app a mobile application/website that needs an user authentication system and/or a content database.

Unfortunately it will be dismissed on January 2017 but the Parse team already released the open-source implementation of Parse: Parse-Server.

Currently Parse-Server is still young and not production ready (is missing some features and is still in alpha) but it's still a really promising product that is getting always better.

Parse review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Great BaaS to get going quickly "

What do you like best?

Parse provides SDKs for many platforms, making it super easy to get up and running with backend services. The cloud code feature allows developers to centralize important and sensitive business logic. The Data Browser makes it easy to perform quick data manipulation. Push services are also great because it's one less thing you need to setup elsewhere.

What do you dislike?

Logs for cloud code are very limited in length, so you cannot access much history (need your own logging solution). There is no way to download your cloud code from Parse, so if you don't have it under source control (which you should) you risk losing your code if something drastic happens with the Parse service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Parse has decided to shutdown it's service, but has also released its server as an open source project. This is great because you can reap the many benefits, albeit not all of them, that the service provided.

Benefits realized are a quick setup, one stop shop for a back end to power both web and mobile solutions.

Parse review by Administrator in Computer Software

"I have used Parse as the backend for many production mobile (iOS and Android) applications."

What do you like best?

Parse makes creating a simple backend with an API server for a mobile app's backend very easy. It also supports push notifications, local database storage, and provides a great dashboard for viewing your database and console logs and more.

Parse, while shutting down soon, also graciously decided to open source their server and dashboard on GitHub.

What do you dislike?

There is some limitation to what you can do with Parse if you need a more complex backend with more logic needed - Cloud Code helps, but will not do everything Node.js or another framework will do.

Also, Parse is shutting down, which is a bummer. But, luckily, they have opened sourced their server and dashboard on GitHub and I'm sure it will continue to grow in the future.

Parse has solved many backend issues for small developers who need a a flexible backend for their apps and don't have the money or resources to build a custom backend for every app they build.

Parse review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Great to Start up a server"

What do you like best?

Parse is our first and great mobile backend for first timers, or anyone who is not familiar with server side broadcasting. Sine our startup used it for our first app, it saves us the trouble of scaling and downtime. It comes with many services and the services also saves us trouble, developing Push, and Social Networks. Their tutorials are easy to follow, if you are an expert ata particular programming language.

What do you dislike?

There is no dislikes to the service for building mobile apps. Their push notification service can receive some downtime. Also, and this is not a Parse problem, Facebook shutting down to servers, means it will not be hosting the servers anymore but the open service platform is a great gesture to help. Leads a slap to the face by Facebook, who use the service so much, even Fortune 500 companies.

Parse as a service taught how first time users can setup a server without no consequences but have the necessary tools to set up a server to host.

Parse review by User in Computer Software

"Great push service for building mobile apps"

What do you like best?

I love the push notification provided by Parse.

I have developed some Android apps and also got involved in their iOS app development. Before Parse, each mobile platform has their own push service like GCM on Google Android, APNS for iOS, MPNS for WinPhone etc. . These services perform excellently on their field but also make a headache for cross platforms code management and architecture design for small teams. Parse provides a nice mechanism to uniform the push service for all these platforms. Simple and elegant.

What do you dislike?

The biggest disappointment is the discontinued support from Facebook. I have a big concerning about the maintenance issue for it after it's open-sourced.

Now our products are undergoing a huge migration process...

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would suggest they hold on for a few months until the open-sourced Parse version is well tested.

LBS service for the local boba shops.

Parse review by <span>Drake W.</span>
Drake W.

"Great while it lasted."

What do you like best?

It just worked most of the time, and the dashboard was simple. It is sad to see the hosted service go away, however giving over a year's notice and tons of migration tools is amazing and couldn't be handled any better!

What do you dislike?

When they transitioned the javascript SDK away from backbone it was a pain to convert apps. Also shutting down the hosted service was a negative.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Read up on the server docs because the hosted dashboard is dead.

I am hosting the main database for a school organization app. Parse has helped by letting me focus on the business side of things rather than maintain a backend and database.

Parse review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Happy"

What do you like best?

Local database, be able to pin the objects. And the built in model mapping. Easy and painless.

So far I didn't have any problem. I like the dashboard, but it could be improved a lot. In fact, I've been using parse more than 2 years and the dashboard didn't have any feature update.

I like that the sdk is opensource, having control of my dependencies. And be able to use it in different platforms, watchkit, tvos, mac...

What do you dislike?

The dashboard. I don't like not be able to reorder the rows. I don't like how to link elements between tables ( pointers). And I think I'm not using all the potential of parse. As ios developer, I miss examples how to use the webhooks, jobs or cloudcode ( even better, to have templates for the most used cases)

Recommendations to others considering the product

I miss a ios app to control my apps.

I use it for pet projects. For my personal point of view I consider Parser my main option as persistent storage. The free program is a plus, you only pay if you are success.

Parse review by <span>Josh G.</span>
Josh G.

"Parse is an easy to use BaaS"

What do you like best?

Getting a back end up and running is trivially easy. All of its various feature-sets are well designed and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Its unfortunate that they're being shut down. *However*, the standalone, self-hosted version that has been released is a fine alternative.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As its being shut down, its impossible to recommend Parse as a service. However, if you're interested in a self-hosted solution, take a look at the standalone Parse server that the Parse team has released.

I've used Parse to build and power several web and mobile applications. As primarily a front-end developer, Parse enabled me to set up a back-end quickly and easily.

Parse review by <span>Huy L.</span>
Huy L.

"I love Parse"

What do you like best?

Because I'm making stand alone game (no online, don't need to save data on server), so I like best App Config and Analytics.

What do you dislike?

The last time I used there iOS SDK, sometime it make my app hang. Then I used my own code to call Parse's REST API. Not sure the newest SDK good or not.

I have no knowledge about server side, so Parse help my like, it is very simple to use.

I do this review not for $15, Parse is shutting down so I hope you guy are making something similar.

Parse review by <span>Joseph P.</span>
Joseph P.

"It's a shame it's being shut down."

What do you like best?

Their developer documentation was fantastic for their api & sdk's. There's also been a vibrant community available on their answer site and other locations, such as irc.

I think they're fantastic for giving their customers such a long notice period of their shutdown, together with proactively aiding migrations away.

What do you dislike?

They're shutting down! It's a massive pity as there's nobody else that quite satisfies their full offering.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't ignore their shutdown warnings. It's time to migrate.

The biggest benefit we gained from them was easy push notifications, especially their geospatial capabilities.

Parse review by <span>Wilson B.</span>
Wilson B.

"Good Backend Software Service"

What do you like best?

I like the way how it is easy to have a backend server ready to be customized even without being a backend developer a mobile developer could leverage the power of Parse.

And also the free tier is sometimes enough for having prototypes!

What do you dislike?

That Parse soon will be retired so if you have invested on Parse, you will need to migrate to another service.

Backend server for a iOS Application.

Having a backend server without any effort I mean even Parse requires some customization the process is easy.

Parse review by G2 Crowd User in Leisure, Travel & Tourism
G2 Crowd User in Leisure, Travel & Tourism

"Not ready for production level apps"

What do you like best?

Not a whole lot. It's great if you're doing a small side project or running an experiment it's great, but otherwise it's not reliable enough to run a production application.

What do you dislike?

Some really bad design decisions that can lead to a lot of pain as a developer. The cloud server just plain doesn't work and they are constantly down. Also just really slow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Build it yourself. It will take longer, but will save you time in the long run.

Solved the problem of bottlenecks for mobile development when a web api was needed first before the iOS dev could get started, but not worth it.

Parse review by <span>Theodoro L.</span>
Theodoro L.

"very fast and reliable backend"

What do you like best?

The Parse offers a quick and safe way to develop the backend of its mobile application. One of my favorite feature is integration with social networks.

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately Parse announced in early 2016 that in January 2017 will be taken down permanently. however the tool became OpenSource, so you can assemble your own Parse-Server.

All the backend of my mobile apps. The benefits are:

- 20gb of free storage.

- push notification.

- social networks integration.

Parse review by <span>Rajesh T.</span>
Rajesh T.

"Parse framework for iOS"

What do you like best?

I feel the best in parse is iOS SDK as I use it. It is very developer friendly.

What do you dislike?

No offline support when a request is made in front end framework throws an error "no network". instead request must be archived. I can't say it as dislike maybe an enhancement.

I m consuming Faceplus api which let user upload a photo and gets the details of the photo. photo is stored in Parse.

Parse review by User in Entertainment
User in Entertainment

" Back-end tools for mobile developers"

What do you like best?

It's the best back-end tools for mobile developers that help mobile developers store data in the cloud, manage identity log-ins, handle push notifications and run custom code in the cloud.

What do you dislike?

Parse will shut down and all users will need to migrate their applications to other platforms. They did open the application source code in order to allow users to perform the migration and release Parse Server.

Creating a fast and reliable back-end where store data, manage users and handle push notification.

Parse review by <span>Javier M.</span>
Javier M.

"Parse: a great platform to keep mobile backend complexity reduced "

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to run and integrate with the parse server. The mobile SDKs are very convenient and well designed.

What do you dislike?

Parse serverside jobs are a bit limited in scope and the scheduling is simplistic at times.

I'm solving RSS parsing and push notification distribution. That's a whole backend server complexity I don't have to deal with.

Parse review by <span>José A. M.</span>
José A. M.

"Easy Push Messaging "

What do you like best?

Multiplatform, Parse boasts many modern platforms, that makes it very powerful and good. Image cache is performed automatically. Easy use, easy queries consult. API Rest. Campaigns and other good and modern features.

What do you dislike?

Support streaming services. Relationship between classes

Recommendations to others considering the product

Parse is very simple, easy to use and you can create great applications and features using this.

business apps, websites

Parse review by <span>Zheng Hong L.</span>
Zheng Hong L.

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

The database are created easily and can be created on demand when writing the code for it.

What do you dislike?

It is not so easy to customise the cloud.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Reading the documentation is a must because the api can be complex for a start.

A fast solution to building prototype before scaling it up.

Parse review by G2 Crowd User in Computer Software
G2 Crowd User in Computer Software

"Great product for new developers starting out who need a backend"

What do you like best?

this is by far the best backend software i have ever used. It was really easy to implement as well as tons of documentation on this material. I wish facebook would keep this alive but this was one of the best software I have ever used

What do you dislike?

I don't really have any dislikes about their software. They made a great user friendly software that anyone starting to program could pick up how to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

really easy to use but would recommend looking into different software as they are deprecating it.

It saved time and money for having a backend solution and made deployment really easy when working with a team with limited developers.

Parse review by Agency in Marketing and Advertising
Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Parse Review"

What do you like best?

Push notifications where the main reason why we use this solution.

What do you dislike?

It was the simplest way to implement a cloud backend for free, the same applies to push notifications.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please do use the open source Parse backend available on: https://github.com/ParsePlatform/parse-server

I was able to create mobile applications for brands that implement a cloud back end on very early stages, therefore i was able to verify customer engagement on App.

Parse review by Consultant

"Parse is very powerful"

What do you like best?

you can use parse for every plateform (android , ios and other plateform )

this programm is very simple et the documentation is very good

What do you dislike?

parse use express.js but we can not choose ORM (sequelize or mongoose ) this is the only recommendations for me

my applications use a lot data and "parse" is very powerful to parse my data

Parse review by <span>Jordi P.</span>
Jordi P.

"Awesome "

What do you like best?

Simplicity. Statistics. Software as a service.

What do you dislike?

Data exports. Cloud hooks in Java. Join of data.

Chrome extension could be built without backend.

Parse review by User in Entertainment
User in Entertainment

"Quick setup, especially when working with iOS"

What do you like best?

The ability to spin a backend in a few minutes, setup tables and classes in a dashboard, I don't have to worry about client server communication and synchronization.

What do you dislike?

Very few issues, but when I encounter bugs, it was hard to trace and get feedback

Quick spin of a minimum viable product, feature testing, customer retention, user experience etc

Parse review by Administrator in Outsourcing/Offshoring
Administrator in Outsourcing/Offshoring

"Parse"

What do you like best?

Parse has a nice and simple inteface, also sdk is verry nice and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Queries are limited to 1000 records. Initially, you may think this is not an issue, until you start dealing with sub queries, and realize weird data is returned because the sub query cuts records off without warning or error.

The great attraction about Parse is that you can save tens of thousands on back-end development costs.

Parse review by Consultant in Computer Software
Consultant in Computer Software

"Parse"

What do you like best?

Easy integration and good documentation.

What do you dislike?

Vendor tie in, it is now shutting down which is bound to cause much headache right before we were about to release!

Recommendations to others considering the product

DON'T USE.

Quick prototyping

Parse review by <span>Gianfranco C.</span>
Gianfranco C.

"Good user experience and excellent performance"

What do you like best?

Functionality, ease of use, the new control panel still in beta, but very powerful.

What do you dislike?

Not quite responsive and lacks a desktop application and mobile data control.

Nobody.

Learning about Parse?

* We monitor all Parse reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.