Pathmatics

Video, display, mobile, tablet & native ad intelligence for the world's top advertisers, agencies, publishers and ad tech providers.

Work for Pathmatics?

Learning about Pathmatics?

Pathmatics Reviews

Ask Pathmatics a Question
Showing 182 Pathmatics reviews
Pathmatics review by Rachel M.
Rachel M.

"Effective and Efficient"

What do you like best?

When using Pathmatics, you can easily toggle between client spends and see the creative all in one place. It is a useful tool for New Business and Marketing Science alike. I think that you can market to New Business clients more than just day to day users, because it is one of the rare tools that has so much information all in one easy to use dashboard.

What do you dislike?

I honestly do not dislike a thing about the tool. It is easy to use, easy to teach, and easy to review. It is organized in a clear and concise manner. I think that the cost is fair, but that is only because I do not have to pay for it out of pocket, and my company pays for it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Again, I would use the tool for more things than just looking up competitive spend. It is useful when pursuing new clients for a company because it easily shows online spend in a variety of ways. Additionally, it shows creative in the same place, which is hard to come by.

I work on the New Business as well as day to day client servicing, and I think it is a great tool for New Business. You can easily see the spend of a client that is more accurate than any other tool in the industry. I think if you targeted New business teams to use the tool, you would get even more subscribers.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Pathmatics
Pathmatics review by sydney l.
sydney l.

"Easy and Quick Competitive Tool"

What do you like best?

Pathmatics is a very quick tool to use. It easily allows you to view competitors ads, spend and sites purchased in order to quickly understand the digital landscape of competitors. There are several different tools available to compare spend among competitors. Additionally, you are easily able to download the charts the Pathmatics creates and drop them quickly in presentations.

What do you dislike?

I wish that we were able to look at the spend of competitors based on region, because this would be helpful for some regionally focused clients. Additionally, I wish that there was a section where you could create your own customized downloadable reports, in order to pull a report that we can easily download in to excel to put it in our own view. I know that you are able to download excels, its just not as easy to customize the columns.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Pathmatics is a great tool for tracking competitors digital activity in a simple and easy to view format. If you are looking for a tool to track the digital landscape, i recommend Pathmatics.

Pathmatics has easily allowed us to quickly check the competitive landscape in order to understand what is new. You are easily able to filter by date in order to quickly see the most recent new units competitors have released and also understand what new sites competitors are spending money against. This easily helps us understand if competitors have new partnerships we need to be aware of.

What Marketing Analytics solution do you use?

Pathmatics review by Jay K.
Jay K.

"A simple overview of competitive spend with small details"

What do you like best?

The ability to see top spenders of a property and also top properties that an advertiser invests into. I also like that we are able to see which devices the assets are for, and what percentage of their spend goes into which device, such as mobile, desktop display, and desktop video.

What do you dislike?

Some video creatives are only downloadable in formats that aren't able to be exported into a Powerpoint deck. Also, there is no option to look at spend per creative asset on a monthly, daily, or weekly level, which makes it difficult for us to determine spikes in spend. This makes it difficult relay back to other insight teams to figure out why and where a campaign is performing the way it did, and the way it affects the competitive space/industry, and the way it affects sales and consumer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a good, informative tool for having an overview of many different competitors in many industries. You can also drill down to products, although some nuanced products that are not as popular are not yet available. Either that, or they have no digital advertising spend for that product.

Looking at competitive brands and how/where they are investing for Digital. It's also a very good look at their top creative assets. Also, because we can see how much of their share of voice goes into mobile vs. desktop, we can see the growing popularity of mobile spend, if there is a growing popularity in some months. We can also see potential white spaces where there are less competitors and opportunities for us to dominate a location on either devices where we will face less traffic and more competitive costs.

Pathmatics review by Su G.
Su G.

"User friendly, instant download, best tool for competitive analysis"

What do you like best?

The interface is very user friendly and reports are almost always downloaded instantly. It also added Social (and Native!) into the channel mix recently, which is great as our client invest pretty heavily in both channels.

What do you dislike?

I like it that Social and Native are now available on Pathmatics, but it would be even better if more channels can be included - more specifically, offline channels if possible (e.g. TV, OOH, etc.).

I also noticed that when you pull brands individually, you get more information than pulling multiple in "Advertiser Comparison". It would be great if we can get the same information at the same granularity when pulling multiple brands. Last time, I ended up pulling 7 brands individually - Hoping this can be fixed soon in the near future.

Recommendations to others considering the product

easiest tool to get SOV data

We pull SOV data for our competitive analysis. It clearly lays out the media spend across digital, social and native channels.

Benefits: This tool is very user friendly and downloads are almost always instant. It also allows for pulling multiple brands at the time, making it very easy to compare our client with its competitors. I like the feature of saving comparison so you can retrieve it later for further edits. The option to export results in Excel Infographic and PPT is also amazing. Its super easy to download creative screenshots - we get this request a lot and find this tool super helpful.

Pathmatics review by Mason P.
Mason P.

"Great Tool to add to your Competitive Arsenal"

What do you like best?

The ability to see exact partners that other advertisers are using is extremely helpful to understand how competitors are currently using advertising in the digital space. The export of into PowerPoint is also extremely helpful and downloads very quickly making it easy to add into your own presentations

What do you dislike?

The numbers don't always seem to be the most accurate, more of a directional tool than an actual spend and advertising. It also seems that it struggles to pick up programmatic advertising spending, which over the past few years has become extremely vital to the industry as a whole.

The tool helps us understand what other Advertisers are using in the digital space and how their creative differs from product to product. It has been helpful for all agencies because of this, for media digital spend is a great insight and from a creative perspective being able to see what taglines/CTAs can help inform what we do in our creative messaging.

Pathmatics review by Santia N.
Santia N.

"Easy, Actionable Insights"

What do you like best?

I love how nice the UX is, basically anything you want to do is accessible! I also like how easy it is to dig deep into direct sites as well as the programmatic spend. The video creative feature is really helpful as you are able to quickly download and see pre-roll ads. It's also nice how far back it goes in terms of collectible data. The way you can click into the charts to gain additional information that's broken out easily is also great.

What do you dislike?

I wish that it was easier to access social data and use it as easily as display. It's also hard to capture the infographics sometimes, as the screenshots are so large and detailed. It would be nice if it could export into a few slides easily. There isn't a lot to dislike about this program based on what's available out in the world. It's tough to capture the full landscape, but this is a great start.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great product and very sophisticated based on what else is available out here.

Competitive analysis, and creative reviewing. We also use it as a way to figure out digital strategies of new business and competitors of those brands. It's very nice to also see the device breakout for particular brands and the sub-brands as well. We're also able to see a more accurate representation of digital vs. using our traditional competitive analysis tools.

Pathmatics review by molly m.
molly m.

"Analyst (Planner)"

What do you like best?

I like the platform and the simplicity, easiness to navigate. I like being able to breakout between each device. Having images of the creative is also really helpful. Additionally, example of the top sites is a nice to have as well.

What do you dislike?

As this is directional, it is hard to tell how accurate the information is ( I don't think this is specifically Pathmatics though). It would be nice if there was a way to see if there is a new creative without clicking each creative and looking at the dates.

We use this for competitive conquesting. It has helped us to understand what other people are doing in the market place and how it will affect our buys. It gives us insight into the competitors and what we could do differently or help us understand what we are already doing that is unique.

Pathmatics review by Mario S.
Mario S.

"Great for competitive insights and new business development "

What do you like best?

Ability to quickly get a read on what a brand or publisher is doing from a media standpoint. This is often my first touch point to gain a sense of how monetization and partners are distributed.

What do you dislike?

Targeting tactics (from the buy side) can influence the accuracy of the platform. For example RT or heavy use of DMP since these audience profiles skew spend and how it can be read by the tech.

Great for new business opportunities, allows you a view behind the scenes of what a brand is doing with buying, what environments they are serving on, what tech is in place. Allows us to be much more proactive with recommendations. We also leverage the platform to provide our client with competitive insight - we pull together the reports and add our interpretation of the risks and opportunities present in the market.

Pathmatics review by Rachael C.
Rachael C.

"Lots of Data Available, No Major Complaints"

What do you like best?

I most like the amount of data available, I have never been limited by the date range or by not finding the company that I was searching for.

What do you dislike?

While there are a few things that could likely have a slightly better user experience (such as when searching on a particular brand within a company rather than the "All Brands" default), there isn't anything that I actually dislike about Pathmatics.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Our clients have all been impressed with the amount and the variety of data that we have been able to provide them with the help of Pathmatics. As Pathmatics continues to improve existing platforms and expand into new ones it seems likely that the variety and quality of data will only continue to improve.

I use Pathmatics to conduct competitor analyses on a quarterly basis and to help in writing new business proposals.

Pathmatics review by Erica G.
Erica G.

"Pathmatics Review"

What do you like best?

I like being able to compare the different brands I am looking for information on to one another as well as time periods that go way back. Within the dashboard you can see the impression spike of your advertiser and can understand better consumer insights based off the details that you put in you get out.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that all of the details are not totally up to date and in real time. Would be great to see more details and information on creative within the platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

i would recommend using it to compare to other partners as that is where pathmatics works best

I am currently solving creative comparison, brand comparison, as well as understanding the marketplace. by using Pathmatics we have been able to develop a better business model for our clients.

Pathmatics review by Matthew P.
Matthew P.

"Pathmatics drives our competitive conquesting and alerts us to future threats."

What do you like best?

I like that I'm able to gather real-time competitive data with an easy user interface. It gives us a quick look into new creative and new competitive priorities. The ability to review competitive creative, see the pages the message is driving to is crucial information.

What do you dislike?

I'm not able to export the data by week (only see Daily, Monthly, Quarterly). It's also hard to measure more custom digital sponsorships.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You have the ability to plug in competitors and capture real time data that can be manipulated and exported in many different ways.

We're able to measure the effectiveness of our digital placements by analyzing share of voice in our placements and in the segment. This has helped us inform where there is white space and places with less "noise" to heavy up.

Pathmatics review by Caroline G.
Caroline G.

"Great tool for what my team needs."

What do you like best?

Through Pathmatics my team is able to track our competitors digital spend and placements. The ability to see top creatives and where they are placed is vital to our planning efforts. We also use Pathmatics to evaluate our own brands and be able to back into reported spend and actual spend to caveat to our clients.

What do you dislike?

My only dislikes on Pathmatics are that you cannot separate out by product for digital spend and that no social spend is tracked. For the product separation, an example is when we want to look at Hefty paper plate spend but the spend for trash bags is also included.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool, easy for entry level planners to use and be pros on quickly. Use the export tool to pivot the data into a client facing document.

We are solving our SOV in the spend aspect. We use these learnings to recommend high investments in certain tactics to challenge our competitors. We have realized we sit in the middle of high and low spend for our category.

Pathmatics review by Alex G.
Alex G.

"Pathmatics Review"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to see where my clients are spending and the detail of how that is distributed. It's good to see who we are up against, when there is activity, and if we're losing out to other partners or other market variables.

What do you dislike?

Like many services similar, the accuracy is questionable. Looking at where it has the spend of my company for my clients, I can tell it is not completely accurate, although it gives decent detail.

Being able to solve who we are going up against, what times of year clients are spending, and what types of media that they like to buy.

Pathmatics review by User

"Digital Competitive Go-To "

What do you like best?

Very user friendly tool for competitive searching.

Pathmatics has up-to-date information covering a multitude of sub-brands under portfolio names.

Your information will be easily transferred in any way you want to present it! I love how it provides all necessary downloadables for use- exporting function as Excel, PowerPoint, Jpg and Mp4 formats.

And pleasing to the eye- Interface has a good use of white space, colors, very organized into categories.

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately Pathmatics data is not comparable to our competitive data software for other media (National TV, Print, OOH, Radio, ect)

Clients love to see examples of competitive data. They want to know more than just what creative is running, but also how many impressions they deliver, CTRs, view time, most popular websites and type pf buys, to guide their own direction for digital ads. Pathmatics is the best solution for giving them the most actionable information.

Pathmatics review by David M.
David M.

"Easy to Use Platform"

What do you like best?

The fast load times for data requests make it easier to run reports. In addition to the ease of running reports, because of the speed, we are able to more efficiently gather larger groups of data. We are able to save time and deliver more comprehensive studies.

What do you dislike?

Basic data is available but it is hard to differentiate between brand's products

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes, I have recommended that other teams also engage with Pathmatics for research. Those that have used it, agree that it's interface is much more user friendly than our previous research products.

Developing spend analyses for competitor lists

Agency

"Much more accurate digital competitive reporting"

What do you like best?

- Pathmatics has opened the doors to much more accurate digital competitive reporting, which is the key benefit

- The dashboard is user friendly

- The visuals within the dashboards are clear for direct export into client facing materials

- I like the idea of the breakdown between how advertisers are buying the media (direct to publisher, DSP, etc.), but have found through looking up my own brands that this is largely inaccurate.

What do you dislike?

- Data is hard to export into raw files to include with other competitive reports

- Missing professional/B2B websites and advertising (I work in healthcare and brands' HCP advertising is typically not picked up nor are the HCP endemic sites)

- Missing paid search, social, native, and content digital partnerships

- Questions on data reliability given the note about buying models above - still a new tool, so TBD their strength in the marketplace as a research partner

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use in tandem with other competitive research tools - this is only for your standard digital display reporting

- Understanding our brands' position in the marketplace vs. other brands in the category

- Better directional data than all other competitive tools

Pathmatics review by Steven H.
Steven H.

"Good tool to review competition"

What do you like best?

to be able to see what competitors' DSPs they are using and the sites they are purchasing. To be able to see where my brand stands out compared to competition. its great for media buying and planning and strategically place my brand where the competition is lacking

What do you dislike?

wish it was more interactive and had more options to cut the data. wish the PPT download was editable. its hard to combine data sets when downloaded to excel.

Recommendations to others considering the product

play around a lot with it so you can utilize all of its functions to make reporting a lot easier. there are plenty of tools that automate things

where we should buy; what our competition is buying; build diverse site buying strategy so we can stand out in competition

Pathmatics review by Kevin M.
Kevin M.

"Pathmatics serves as our main digital reporting and creative tool"

What do you like best?

I like the advertiser comparison feature. This really helps inform initial insights when we dive into a new brief.

Viewing the creatives is very helpful in understanding the landscape and adds more color to our knowledge.

What do you dislike?

Would be super useful to have some sort of audience insight into the placement of ads. Though its understanding this might not be possible.

We are informing ourselves on potential and current clients. The benefits include an accurate picture of how brands communicate on the difference devices and properties.

"Good Display Pathmatics"

What do you like best?

The fact that it shows all the creatives and gives an insight to everything in a friendly manner. Goes into showing the different type of media channels and actual spend to channels.

What do you dislike?

Some of the information isn't as in depth as other tools. Wish it would automatically compare to competitors. Also would be extremely helpful if we could look things up based on product type rather than just the company. Or even break it down into more detail in terms of specific product per brand,

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go more into detail about what it can do and measure in terms of way more specific and everything towards that.

Seeing the types of the campaign competitors are going with and especially in digital realm.

Pathmatics review by Jacob C.
Jacob C.

"Have not come across a better tool to measure digital ad spend"

What do you like best?

Pathmatics is a VERY easy tool to navigate and within just a couple clicks I'm able to compare digital ad spend among several brands. LOVE how simple it is to do this and how it's an exportable function. Additionally, being able to manipulate the dashboard by device, as also been extremely helpful.

What do you dislike?

I wish Pathmatics had the ability to measure spend on other platforms (TV, print). Although our focus is in digital, this functionality would allow us to uncover even more opportunity.

Pathmatics allows us to evaluate how and where our advertisers are spending. It allows are sales team to be fully aware of the current landscape and make suggestions to their clients that align with it.

Pathmatics review by Bharath S.
Bharath S.

"Pathmatics is one stop platform to Know your Competitors digital spends"

What do you like best?

The unique way of capturing the digital spends using the path with device type information. We can understand where the industry is spending in terms of channel (programmatic, direct buy etc) and the site used to target their consumers

What do you dislike?

The UI Reporting extraction is very difficult. we can't extract in bulk in terms of advertisers

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use ful product to understand buy type and site published across industry

To know your competitors digital spend and to understand buy type

Pathmatics review by Ryan S.
Ryan S.

"Pathmatics is Great for gaining deeper competitive insight"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to not only see competitive metrics across different partners, but insights into the creative that they are using as well

What do you dislike?

I don't like how the spend may be over-exaggerated in most cases, which can give a false impression of what our competitors are actually doing, but directionally it works

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great visual tool that helps understand the different channels an advertiser uses as well as a window into the different types of creative they are using.

We are understanding what our competitors are doing in the digital space a bit more granularily than what we see from Kantar. Pathmatics is a great tool to quickly pull and view information.

Agency

"Great competitive insights.. it's like you get to spy on your competition!"

What do you like best?

I love being able to see where my competitors are advertising, and to see an approximation of what they're spending, what devices they're targeting, and the creatives they're using.

What do you dislike?

I would love to be able to see more social data beyond just Facebook.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a pretty expensive tool, especially considering that there isn't a month-to-month option. Our sales person allowed us to do a smaller 3 month engagement so we could try it out before agreeing to a full year contract. This was much easier for our finance team to agree to than a full year's contract.

This has been great for us to be able to dive into our competitors' activity and to see where it could benefit our clients to start advertising. We use the data to visualize share of voice and to identify the right mix of advertising spend, based on what the competitors are currently doing.

Agency

"Reliable and usable digital media data in the marketplace"

What do you like best?

Ability to sort between device types, assets, and digital vehicles. Website lists and buying methodology is great too. Plus, SOCIAL delivery and estimated spend- that is a big win. Visuals that we can directly export is great, all the options (raw data, visuals, etc.) are at our fingertips. The UI is very easy to navigate and any feedback is addressed as soon as possible.

What do you dislike?

Limited list of Creative IDs can be exported in a given report. Depending on the number of creatives for a given time period, the period needs to be reduced, and duplicate Creative IDs would need to be removed, requiring extra steps in the data clean up process.

Spend by brand variant/sub-brand for competitors to better understand the sites they're running on, assets they have, and how often they rotate them. Whether there is activity in general so that our brands can allocate more support to our brands/subbrands. Also linking the creative to their corresponding landing pages. That's very helpful in seeing if they're partnering with specific retailers, and how often.

Agency

"Great resource, but still some gaps..."

What do you like best?

If you take the time and effort to actually go through the ad call paths there is a wealth of information to be gathered. It is also extremely useful to have the media buy details and the creative accessible in the same place. We use the exported charts in our presentations all the time and our clients love how clear they are.

What do you dislike?

There are still a lot of gaps in what is actually reported. Spend and Impression level data is significantly underreported. It would also be a huge help to not only see site direct partners and sites the brand shows up on, but to show what DSPs and trade desks they use as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is so easy to use - a very intuitive tool. The data is as helpful as you make it. There are a lot of different features that you can use to gather information. Sometimes you need to do some data mining yourself to really get it to show what you need it to, but most of it is there. I would caveat that it is still under reported, just not as significantly as other tools I have experience with.

We are trying to identify what endemic sites our competitors are buying direct vs. what they are able to buy programmatically. Pathmatics allows us to track those relationships in real time.

The balance of display & online video is also a question that we are asked to explore for our own brands from a revenue driving perspective - but qualitatively we need to be able to answer to how our competitors are utilizing their assets as well.

Agency

"Easiest platform with the most information"

What do you like best?

The platform is so intuitive, i rarely have a moment of confusion. All data is streamlined and categorized effective where you will seldom wonder where a specific tool is. Highly recommend! This tool also has the most up to date data where most tools in similar fashion will require a digest time of at least 2 weeks.

What do you dislike?

It would be great to be able to dive deeper into brand categories. For example while searching for Ozark under the Netflix brand, it would be great if could separate by creative so get more granular. Its hard for me to separate the FYC ads from the Season 2 ads. If the categories could be "season specific" that would be incredibly helpful. That said, it's almost impossible for a system to determine the difference between the ads, so we understand!

Recommendations to others considering the product

To be sure that you are looking at the most granular level of data. This tool allows you to go very deep and get very specific which is the best way to get the best results.

We're able to use an easy to operate tool to gain competitive information on brands in the same industry in seconds. for example, if we has a competitor of Netflix need to investigate into media tactics and spend levels for a specific show, we are able to really get a deep dive into what media they ran, the pictures of such media, as well as the spend levels for each. We especially enjoy the links to the live ads to see how they lived at the time digitally. I we Just wish that this was across other media channels such as TV or OOH.

Pathmatics review by Sania H.
Sania H.

"Very good at collecting top-level digital research"

What do you like best?

The simplicity of the platform is the most prominent feature -- displays all the information in a very easy-to-read-manner, displays the actual creative used which is a great way to compare creative + provides impression levels/breakdowns by day so you can measure specific flight dates/time in market

What do you dislike?

That Youtube data isn't included as a majority of our clients have YT buys and have a lot of video content -- this restricts us in the information we are able to supply as it becomes limited then. Also, it doesn't include social data which also restricts the "Digital" information we are able to supply.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good for visual/research basis

Helping in planning for different quarters

Pathmatics review by Liisa V.
Liisa V.

"Good but still room to grow"

What do you like best?

It is very easy to use, just a few clicks to get the data needed. The creatives are high quality and include full length videos.

What do you dislike?

Lack of availability of product-level data (e.x. within a brand, being able to break out digital spends by product line). They are sometimes available for larger brands but never represent the full scope of the brands lines of business like with what I used to see from Kantar. The lack of accuracy of the spends data as well brings up a lot of questions from clients and makes it difficult to use the data.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very fast and simple to use.

Understanding competitive activity and creative messaging

Pathmatics review by User

"An expensive but superior competitive product!"

What do you like best?

The competitive creative UI is super easy to navigate as well as the spend and site comparisons. Also being able to compare different clients with each other in a single chart is really useful. Love being able to export to different formats as well.

What do you dislike?

Not being able to easily set up a dashboard that populates every time I open the program with the competitive info that I care about. I don't care about what TD and P&G are spending. I would also LOVE the ability to see social and search in here, but I know, I know... walled garden. The biggest barrier to usage for most people is the cost. I understand your competition is priced much lower, but that the tool is relatively unhelpful and doesn't cover everything you do, but it is limiting if you are at an agency that doesn't have the $ to subscribe.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Social and search!!!!

I am able to gauge what the public perceives about our spend level vs what we can see about the competition as well as the similarities and differences between our buys and those of our competitors. This highlights areas of opportunity and also saturation for media recommendations that are very useful to clients.

Pathmatics review by Dylan L.
Dylan L.

"Dylan Lovering Review"

What do you like best?

I like the visuals Pathmatics provides, they're simple yet they tell a great story and I've shared them in client presentations multiple times, as they're easy for anyone to understand.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it seems spend/impressions are a bit misleading, and knowing Pathmatics and AdIntel Digital are the same source, it's frustrating to see discrepancies between the two.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the new social data, it's very helpful across all brands to leverage this data.

It's beneficial to present this data to clients, show macro trends, and then form recommendations based off of the competitive landscape. I anticipate with the recent addition of social insights this benefit will continue to prove useful.

Pathmatics review by Kerry M.
Kerry M.

"I really like Mathematics and always recommend it to co-workeds over other tools we have in-house. "

What do you like best?

I like the interface. It is very user friendly. A training is always beneficial but I think anyone can work their way around it. I also like that you all take and implement feedback. I like that you can see the actual creatives that ran and go to the site they ran on.

What do you dislike?

I used to dislike one of the exported reports. It would show me total budget for a timeframe instead of monthly budgets but I think you all fixed that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is way more accurate than other tools that report out digital activity.

We use it mostly for competitive info and new business knowledge.

Pathmatics review by Rachel B.
Rachel B.

"Pathmatics is good for a quick pull and to get a competitive glance, but not for deep insight"

What do you like best?

I like that creative is included, and its easy to use. The charts are a good way to show the information for quick hits. i like that you can filter by time period also easily.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't pull in all in-market creative, classify's things that look like a programmatic buy as a direct site, doesn't give impressions for the creatives ran, and sometimes i don't feel like the data is that accurate

Recommendations to others considering the product

it's easier to use that comScore and Kantar, but it might be lacking in some information

Quick pulls on competitive information, ideas on other sites to use that maybe we weren't thinking of.

"Pathmatics Review"

What do you like best?

I like that it accurately measures digital ad spend so you can more easily see what competitors are doing in the marketplace.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how you can't break out product spend within a brands total spend more easily. I have to look through the actual images of the ads to find what I am looking for and it would be nice to have the ability to select a brand and then select the different products they advertise as a secondary option.

Recommendations to others considering the product

NA

Where we measure up with ad spend within the industry. Also, what are key time periods and networks our competitors focus on.

Agency

"Pathmatics is the best for competitive info"

What do you like best?

I love that they compile infographics for you and that you can download the raw data or a powerpoint- so helpful with the day to day

What do you dislike?

I wish that the spend data was more accurate, less directional

Recommendations to others considering the product

I was frustrated yesterday because the date range wouldnt stick for my pull. It would be great if this were to be somethign that I could easily change and make sure that the report is pulling through within the right date range.

Competitive reports- which occur each quarter and are client facing. The pathmatics info helps me to add color to the reports

Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Fast, efficient, and really visually friendly way to gauge how an advertiser is doing"

What do you like best?

I like that it's really easy for me to look at spend/share data for an advertiser and I can look at all forms of digital advertising

What do you dislike?

I wish it was easier to look at multiple brands and categories at once in the dashboard (Bulk Export tool is great! Wish we could customize category in it)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it - great dashboard and way to look at your brand

I am able to give accurate QSR Category competitive information to my client, and also able to tell my client mobile spend for Sonic, which is something they are highly interested in

Pathmatics review by User in Banking
User in Banking

"Easy to use, always available and a great source for digital competitive."

What do you like best?

The amount of information available is very helpful to understanding competitive strategy. Many filters make it easy to find what you're looking for.

What do you dislike?

Lack of formats tracked. While this is the case for all competitive activity; it is hard to understand the full digital landscape when so many formats/channels are missing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for a quick pull, when looking into specific advertisers or when developing a category view across many brands.

Ability to go deep on competitive buying strategy as well as our own buying process. We've used Pathmatics to understand our exposure to unsafe sites that we've blocked, etc.

Pathmatics review by Christine C.
Christine C.

"Senior Associate, Media Planner"

What do you like best?

It's easy to use. I like that it shows us the creative pictures as well as what site it was on.

What do you dislike?

I do not like the compare feature. It could be more organized.

We are using Pathmatics to see what other competitors are doing with their campaigns. It helps us notify the client what the trend is for our industry.

Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Pathmatics as a digital source of truth"

What do you like best?

We like the accuracy of reporting compared to Nielsen Digital.

What do you dislike?

The visibility into social is variable. We also wish this had other channels in the digital environment, such as digital radio.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Compare Pathmatics results to your current spend to validate the data. Compare against Kantar Digital and observe the improvement in accuracy.

Competitive spend insights into different TV shows

Pathmatics review by Samuel P.
Samuel P.

"Use pathmatics frequently and love it"

What do you like best?

Ability to see what creative competitors are running and when they are running them

What do you dislike?

spend figures appear dramatically low often and dont give a good sense for share of spend competitively

Recommendations to others considering the product

this is an essential tool for any marketing

insight into competitive messaging strategies. this helps us figure out how competitors are positioning themselves in the marketplace.

Pathmatics review by User

"Easy to use, but very informative"

What do you like best?

The interface is extremely easy to use. The ability to select multiple advertisers at a click of a button. The ability to SEE what ads competitors are running.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was an easier to to export the creatives as they appear. eg: a 300x250 image instead of a PDF export.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend using it if you're just starting out in media. It is extremely easy to use and makes competitive analysis on the digital front extremely easy. The ability to export the data is a breeze.

Competitive analysis for my client.

Pathmatics review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Better Interface, Better Methodology"

What do you like best?

I love how easy the tool is to use and the amount of information available - much more robust than other digital competitive tools. The methodology is also much easier to understand - therefore easier to trust.

What do you dislike?

I do still think the spend estimates aren't always believable when we spot check by comparing what we actually spend with what's being reported. The other measures are pretty solid - mostly just spend is off.

Able to understand where competitors of some of our smaller clients (or smaller categories) are advertising and what they are saying.

Pathmatics review by Jeff K.
Jeff K.

"Good tool but not exactly what I need"

What do you like best?

I like that I can back into CPM data for most websites.

What do you dislike?

Do not like that the tool lacks social CPM data. Ideally would like a global understanding of social media cpm's.

Recommendations to others considering the product

None at this time

Need CPM data across websites and social in order to do media valuation analyses for clients.

Pathmatics review by Jeremy D.
Jeremy D.

"Great start but still needs improvement"

What do you like best?

Data is updated in real time. Graphical user interface is nice and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found a way to pull competitive brand spend by month+by site. When I exported by month, it includes ALL sites, so I had to pull each month separately and find the one site in the sites tab I needed, then stitch together.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Like most tools. Can be used directionally but not as the end all be all

Showing where competitors are and are not spending to either compete for find untapped audiences.

"Pathmatics competitive review"

What do you like best?

Real-time spend data. Unlike other online competitive tools, Pathmatics has up-to-date metrics and spend reported.

What do you dislike?

Oftentimes (from what we know about our own client's spend) the data is vastly under-reported. We also aren't always able to drill down to the exact brand or product within an advertiser.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Engage with their support team anytime there are any tactical or methodology questions. They are great at answering questions in a timely manner and oftentimes searching for specific brands can be tricky. They're always available to point us in the right "search" direction.

Competitive landscape and able to identify white-spaces for our media plans and clients. We've realized that competitor brands are often behind the curve and not always spend how much and where we are anticipating they are.

Pathmatics review by Kelly K.
Kelly K.

"Quick and Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

I like that there aren't complicated fields. Simply type in the company name and all of the info pops up.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how many options come up to choose for each company. Sometimes it's hard to tell which I should be looking at

I use Pathmatics to look at competitive information

Pathmatics review by Noel J.
Noel J.

"Great information for helping clients."

What do you like best?

The best element of pathmatics is the ability to download powerpoints with a lot of information around advertisers spend and their creative. The creative is a really good feature as it allows us to understand what other competitors are actually running and then understand whether it would be good for your brand or perhaps a competitive difference

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the data isn't always correct but does have a good idea of what is happened which is mainly around programmatic.

Recommendations to others considering the product

N/A

Understanding what other people in the market are doing

Pathmatics review by nora c.
nora c.

"Very user friendly"

What do you like best?

Pathmatics is incredibly user friendly and has many great insights into other advertisers for potential conquesting planning

What do you dislike?

It would be nice if there was API connection or a SQL environment to allow more customized reporting

Where is the best channel or platform to monopolize the marketplace based on competitors

Pathmatics review by tyler m.
tyler m.

"I use it to see where potential buyers spend"

What do you like best?

seeing the sites buyers spend in and if they match up to what I think they're doing. I take this info into meetings as my homework to see if we're aligned.

What do you dislike?

That I can't group Desktop and mobile into one category. I also have never seen my company listed in the publisher lists when I know we should be. This makes me nervous that other competitors are also not included. Could be interesting to see Social spend as well.

Judging if endemic spaces are a fit

Pathmatics review by Alyssa E.
Alyssa E.

"Not totally accurate, but the best we have "

What do you like best?

It shows way more accuracy than Nielsen. The dashboard is very easy to use. Easy to toggle between impression share and spend. Easy to read charts as well.

What do you dislike?

Wish there was more description for the creatives so that I can search for a specific creative. Wish they could include more brands as some of them aren't included.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the information directionally, but it is the best we have.

Competitive awareness in the digital space. Definitely great to see the different ways our competitors are utilizing digital.

Pathmatics review by Nathan P.
Nathan P.

"Great experience when looking at digital campaigns for various competitors "

What do you like best?

Estimated digital spends and recently seen ads, love getting to see recent creative that has been used.

What do you dislike?

Not all brands can be found within the platform, but more often than not I can find what I'm looking for.

Competitor analysis and current digital spend trends within our vertical.

Learning about Pathmatics?

* We monitor all Pathmatics reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.