Patriot Payroll

Patriot Payroll is online payroll software for small business owners

Work for Patriot Payroll?

Learning about Patriot Payroll?

Patriot Payroll Reviews

Ask Patriot Payroll a Question
Showing 212 Patriot Payroll reviews
Patriot Payroll review by Dennis M.
Dennis M.

"Best Payroll Product for Small Business!"

What do you like best?

I love the simplicity/ease of use as well as the variety of functions. My payroll is done, taxes paid, time cards taken care of, and all I do is hit a few buttons. This is such a great addition to our small business.

What do you dislike?

There is NOTHING that I dislike about Patriot Software. I am nothing but a fan.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want a simple, seamless, easy to use payroll platform that takes care of not only payroll, but guidance in necessary documents, paying of taxes, and even organization of employee time cards, look no further. Patriot Software has you more than covered!

Patriot makes payroll seamless while helping me take care of taxes, time cards, and collection/organization of documents that I didn't even know I needed as a new, small business owner.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Patriot Payroll
Patriot Payroll review by Jack B.
Jack B.

"Affordable Payroll Software"

What do you like best?

Price - The alternatives are considerably more expensive or more limiting for their cheaper plans. Ease of Use - Its doesn't take a certified professional to use this software. It is very potent for the simplicity it offers

What do you dislike?

None, and I don't say this lightly. I have used this for a little over six months now. When I have to make adjustments to checks, add or deduct advances or change employee info, everything I need to do is possible.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The free trial will tell you all you need to know. You can't beat the price, and you are not sacrificing features for it!

We were looking for payroll software that didnt require us to pay 50 dollars or more a month, and one that didnt limit the number of payrolls we could run each month, or limit us only to direct deposit paying.

What Payroll solution do you use?

Patriot Payroll review by Vickey B.
Vickey B.

"Better Customer Service and Easier to Use"

What do you like best?

Customer support! The chat option is awesome! I love not having to wait on hold for hours. It is also easier to use and don't have to call support every time I need something like making my church clients exempt from FUTA and the ministers exempt from FICA. I can do it myself in the software.

What do you dislike?

The hoops you have to jump thru to set up direct deposit with NatPay are a pain...but again their support throughout the setup process was outstanding!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it! Fully worth the trouble of switching!

I LOVE the cheaper price and as I stated before, being able to handle the exemptions for my church clients in the software without having to call support has saved many valuable work hours.

Patriot Payroll review by Margaret B.
Margaret B.

"We are SO glad we switched!"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, and PRICE! I can't believe the AWESOME service I've received from Patriot customer service - WAY better than what I was receiving from PayCor! The set-up and transition from one to another was super quick and easy!

What do you dislike?

I have been using it for 2 months and have not found anything that I dislike. It has been all positive from the moment I called about a free trial.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't hesitate for a minute! Do it!

Reports, Budget, Functionality... I am solving the problem of having to print several reports to get the info I need to enter into our accounting software. This software provides me with a payroll report that has everything I need. I am solving the biggest problem we had, as a VERY small non-profit, of paying ridiculous fees for our once-a-month payroll runs. Now I can run payroll on a schedule that is convenient for US and it's the same price every month.

Patriot Payroll review by Nuage S.
Nuage S.

"Amazing payroll solution"

What do you like best?

The new user interface is excellent and easy to use, the support has been excellent and help me fix any errors. I would recommend this for your payroll needs. Got my payroll done from them as full-service, where taxes are managed by Patriot. The online employee portal is very useful and easily configurable, A very cost effective solution for payroll, much cheaper with similar features compared to competitors. I will recommend this to any company considering specially as full-service payroll provider.

I have been using this software personally so consider this my personal experience which is very positive and i would recommend this anyone. Therefore, please consider this review to help you decide on Patriot payroll software.

What do you dislike?

Mobile app would be a perfect add-on. Definitely need that. Both employee and employer portal would work wonders for the end user. Specially if time-sheets can be linked there. Other than this there is nothing bad about this software that i can think of.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Got my payroll done from them as full-service, where taxes are managed by Patriot. Lot of time was wasted of mine doing taxes myself, thankfully full-service payroll is perfect for that and I do not have to keep track of tax deadlines which can create issues with penalties.

Patriot Payroll review by George Z.
George Z.

"Patriot Software allows me to focus on running my business and takes away any payroll issues"

What do you like best?

The customer support and setup process are all top notch. Friendly, knowledgeable associates are only a phone call away. Every interaction I had with them helped me immediately resolve an issue for my business. I never have to worry about payroll.

The reporting dashboard is a very useful feature as an administrator of the system.

The employee portal also meets requirements for receiving paychecks and year end reports which makes administration easy as well.

What do you dislike?

Everything works great with the product. The only issues I have is perhaps the large amounts of menu choices I don't use. Perhaps a simpler interface for what your organization needs only. Customizing User Interfaces is a hard business to be in, but I often found what I needed. In a great future world I would have a payroll AI assistant who speaks to me and holds my hand through everything!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I strongly recommend this product to small business owners looking for an affordable solution to help them get things off the ground, grow your team, and focus on your customers.

Focus on providing value, our product and our team. Don't have to spend time with compliance, schedules, and checking small details. Patriot takes care of it all.

Patriot Payroll review by Stephanie M.
Stephanie M.

"Payroll made super easy!"

What do you like best?

Easy to use and very affordable! I am still amazed that it can do all of the payroll filings and deposits for this price!

What do you dislike?

I wish it had an import function to bring in employees information and past paychecks. For this reason, I don't recommend it to clients with more than 10 employees.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommend for small businesses, but probably not ideal for larger companies.

Payroll is a huge huge headache, I have seen so many disasters from clients trying to do it on their own. Patriot make it affordable to have it all handled, all clients have to do is add in hours or salary!

Patriot Payroll review by Administrator in Law Practice
Administrator in Law Practice

"So far product is as described"

What do you like best?

Patriot Software is a simple and easy to use program. Setup time was fairly quick. Just had to have the basic business info available. Definitely helped with the service being able to process the actual tax payments to include state.

What do you dislike?

So far there are no real cons except the normal I would like to pay less for the full service of having the software process and file my federal and state for less. I might look into exactly where and how to file these on my own to reduce the cost but overall no issues or real Cons yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

So far the product is living up to its claims. When implementing the program just have all the basic documents needed: FEIN, Tax docs, business establishment. Other wise everything is pretty simple to include adding new clients.

Currently meeting the needs of processing payroll. The product has helped to ensure the correct amount of taxes are being held out and then the payment of those taxes to federal and state agencies on time.

Patriot Payroll review by CHEN S.
CHEN S.

"Best payroll service for small business"

What do you like best?

As the small business, cost is the first thing we are thinking about. Patriot has the lowest price and cover all service I need, I am so happy to find it

What do you dislike?

The third party of direct deposit process a little slow than other provider, you need approve payroll ahead of 4 days

Recommendations to others considering the product

Patriot does everything you need, just the direct deposit (third party) process a little slower than others(ADP), otherwise it is perfect. Actually I do recommend the quick pay than direct deposit in this case.

Save money and plenty of time, very friendly platform

Patriot Payroll review by Prentiss I.
Prentiss I.

"great customer service, price is 80% less than what we paid our previous service adp."

What do you like best?

The support is very effective. Implementation went very smoothly. The procedures for entering hours and and applying deductions are straight forward. The user interface is clean and very intuitive and reporting is flexible. This is a cost effective solution for small companies as long as you do not need extensive job costing integration into an accounting system.

What do you dislike?

The direct deposit functionality is very restrictive. They require that the payroll be processed by monday to be in the employee's account on friday. They use a third party to do the direct deposits.(with adp you can do it right up the the day before payday) I think they need to address this to accommodate a more and more paperless environment. also if you make a mistake on a payroll deduction you cannot go back and edit the deduction after you have entered hours. you have to delete the entire payroll edit the deduction and then re-enter the payroll. very clunky. the alternative would be to approve the payroll void the incorrect check and then re-run another payroll.

A good payroll solution at a economical price. No need file payroll tax returns and make deposits.

Patriot Payroll review by Jason J.
Jason J.

"Great product and service"

What do you like best?

Patriot software is very easy to setup and use. The customer service is great and friendly, whether using the online chat or talking to someone on the phone. This made my payroll so easy, and it is a lot less expensive than having my accountant do the payroll.

What do you dislike?

There is not much to dislike at this point. I have been using the service for less than a month, so far I don't see any downfall.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a very user friendly and inexpensive way to get payroll done. Saving me a ton of time and money.

Patriot Payroll review by Jake D.
Jake D.

"Amazing Value"

What do you like best?

I do all of my work in the cloud and am impressed with the functionality and value of Patriot Software's offerings. It allows me to continue working in the cloud without paying the insane payroll costs of Xero/Intuit (per company). I simply bundle the cost of Patriot in my services pricing and get to work for my clients.

What do you dislike?

I think the accounting functionality, while user-friendly for non-accountants, is not as flexible as what Intuit & Xero offer for cloud-based accounting, but the payroll software makes up for it!

Always consider the needs of your company or your clients' company before deciding on software. This software does not have automatic integration with the QBO/Xero, so it adds a step that could leave room for errors, but the lower cost for great service is so far well worth the one extra step.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Always consider the needs of your company or your clients' company before deciding on software. This software does not have automatic integration with the QBO/Xero, so it adds a step that could leave room for errors, but the lower cost for great service is so far well worth it the one extra step.

Because I work with a lot of churches, the paid staff are usually only a few in number and don't need an expensive monthly payroll subscription. With Patriot Software, I am able to offer cloud-based payroll service to my clients and keep my costs low (since I bundle the cost into my total price).

Patriot Payroll review by Rachel B.
Rachel B.

"Patriot Software is Excellent"

What do you like best?

They are the most affordable option I could find and they offer excellent customer service. I had SO many questions, and they walked me through everything. I highly recommend them for both the price and the quality.

What do you dislike?

The website is just a little bit difficult to use at first. It could probably be because I am so new at using payroll software, I didn't even know where to begin. After getting help from their customer service rep, I am able to use the website with ease!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend that you use Patriot software, and take advantage of their excellent customer service!

The benefits include: payroll is kept track of, I don't have to calculate the taxes to determine how much to pay my employees each week, and they even file my taxes for me!

Patriot Payroll review by User in Staffing and Recruiting
User in Staffing and Recruiting

"Very Very Happy "

What do you like best?

I liked how easy and fast it is to pay employees, its faster than doing an online wire transfer! And, I love how quick I can get an answer to questions when using the chat feature offered on their site.

What do you dislike?

They are on Eastern time and I am on Central time, sometimes I have a question at night, and I wont be able to get an answer until the next morning.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They offer free set up, and I got my first month for free. I say, try it out, you won't be disappointed! They are so easy to use and so affordable.

Its the most convenient pay roll option I have in order to process payroll for my employees. Other companies offer MUCH more for the same process. I have noticed how quick they are to respond during the set up process - via phone, email, live chat, they are always there to help. They don't annoy me like other payroll companies do to get your business.

Patriot Payroll review by Jerry S.
Jerry S.

"Solid Payroll Option"

What do you like best?

As an accountant who prepares payroll for a couple dozen clients I've used at least half a dozen payroll products over the years. I recently moved my entire client base to Patriot. I've found it to be a solid, affordable solution. I like the fact that it leaves me in control of my client's payroll. Support has been excellent and has been extremely receptive to a couple suggestions/requests I've made. I'm looking forward to a long, mutually prosperous relationship.

What do you dislike?

I'd prefer to see data entry forms be a bit smaller/more concise to ease data entry and a couple data entry locations are not where I would have expected them--just took a little getting used to. Because most of my clients are in Ohio, municipal income tax withholding is a big issue. Being able to specify separate mailing and work addresses would be really helpful. The majority of my clients are churches and ministries who have clergy employees. In the current iteration, housing allowance has to be manually entered each payday; however, following a conversation with my support guru, I'm happy to say Patriot is working on a permanent solution.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Other solutions might be a bit slicker but few can match Patriot's combination of capability and cost. Check it out.

The payroll solution I transitioned to a year and half ago started out great but things went rapidly downhill over the past six months. I had to make an unexpected/unwanted change with not much lead time. Patriot was a very pleasant discovery.

Patriot Payroll review by daisy h.
daisy h.

"Easiest Payroll Service out there"

What do you like best?

I like how easy and fast it is to do my payroll now. I also love the chat feature, whenever I have a question I get an answer in a minute or less without having to waste time calling them. I also like that all I really do is put in the payroll hours and everything gets done itself. When adding an employee it is also very easy everything is well organized. I can easily look at my past payroll reports of any employee or any date in less than a minute. I also love that I can print my employees W2s on my own.

What do you dislike?

I am very please with Patriot Software. It is hard for me to say I dislike anything but if I have to say one thing which isn't even a big deal to me is the paycheck format, I wish there was more options. 2 years ago when I first asked about it they mentioned they would be adding different formats eventually & they still have not and I really wish they would meet costumers requests on that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it, it even has a free trial. If you are not satisfied (which im sure wont be the case) you can easily cancel the account before you get charged.

I now take half the time i used to doing payroll. It has saved me a lot of time. It has also helped me be more organized because they offer printed reports.

Patriot Payroll review by Amie M.
Amie M.

"Easy Payroll Sofware at a Great Price"

What do you like best?

I like that we had two options for payroll service and that this software can just have payroll and not other services we don't need. We had an easy time setting it up and got help from a very patient customer service representative on the parts I had questions about. We ran our first payroll and were amazed and pleased that it was so easy and is going to save us a lot of money this year.

What do you dislike?

The payroll history was a little tedious to enter but that is because we are starting in the second quarter of this year. No fault of the software company just necessary for tax filing purposes to be accurate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They offer a thirty day free trial. We know we already like it and will continue with it. We chose the complete payroll service and they guarantee the accuracy on their end as long as you have entered everything correctly. This is saving us time and money.

We are finally able to do in house payroll in a simple manor. It is not complicated like I was afraid it was going to be and this is freeing up some added income that is not going to an accountant this year.

Patriot Payroll review by Matthew V.
Matthew V.

"Makes a Difficult Task EASY"

What do you like best?

Ease of Use. Really great. I am new to processing Payroll, and the software does a wonderful job of guiding one through everything. The Dashboard is easy to navigate, the built-in Help is very good, and Support is responsive, friendly, and thorough.

What do you dislike?

I am a new user and have no issues at this time. Very happy with the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For ease of use, Patriot Pay gets high marks. I also found their customer service superior to Intuit (Quickbooks Payroll). The software allows you to export payroll in a format that can be imported into Quickbooks.

I have been paying a CPA to process payroll, and it was very expensive. With Patriot Payroll, I can do it myself for a lot less money. In addition, I now have a much better understanding of what is involved, how it all works, and what it actually means to "do payroll." Until I started using Patriot, it was all a mystery to me.

Patriot Payroll review by Matthew B.
Matthew B.

"Finally Payroll Service for a Good Price"

What do you like best?

I have a small business with two employees. I was with the two major names in the payroll world for the past 5 years. After hearing about Patriot I decided it was time to save money. My monthly payroll expense decreased substantially, meaning more money in MY pocket. Although I do a experience processing payroll I decided to have Patriot pay my taxes. For the price I'm paying now it's well with it. The system is easy to use and the customer service is top notch. I called a few times during set up and they walked me through my problems.

What do you dislike?

haven't found any issues yet. Although I am a new customer, I have been impressed with what I've seen so far.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Save money by switching to Patriot without reducing the quality of service.

Over Priced payroll, Patriot has drastically reduce my payroll expense without sacrificing quality.

Patriot Payroll review by User in Financial Services

"What a timesaver and stress reliever!"

What do you like best?

Once the account is set up, all I have to do is log in once a month to run payroll. Running payroll takes about 5 minutes and I am done. Plus, as a paid subscriber Patriot collects and files all of the state and federal taxes and submits them on time. The cost is so affordable and less than some of the other national services that I looked at. I couldn't be more pleased.

What do you dislike?

The website was a little daunting at first and sort of difficult to navigate. I highly recommend calling in and allowing them to walk you through the initial set up. I did not do that and I probably should have. Other than that, I love it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You won't regret it. Their customer service is phenomenal.

I have more time in my day to focus on the business because I am not spending time trying to make sure I'm on top of the human resources and payroll areas. There's a peace of mind that comes with knowing that professionals are filing this paperwork for me and I don't have to worry about doing it wrong.

Patriot Payroll review by Erin D.
Erin D.

"Great for small business"

What do you like best?

I love how eady ot was to setup and how it walked me thru every step making sure I didn't miss anything.

What do you dislike?

The price is a little high... They really need to understand a small business is under 10 employees not 4.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very easy to setup and use. Walks you through the steps and there is someone online to answer questions.

I don't have to worry about making tax payments. They are collected and paid for me.

Patriot Payroll review by Tim O.
Tim O.

"Patriot Software saved me time and my business money!"

What do you like best?

The support staff was well informed, patient and instructive. They helped me learn the process of creating my payroll, providing options for payment solutions. Their efficient instruction helped me navigate both my federal and state liabilities.

What do you dislike?

I had NO negative experiences with the company!

Recommendations to others considering the product

This group was perfect for my small, seasonal business. They helped me with not only my weekly payroll but with tax issues as well!

Patriot Software helped me modernize my payroll and settled several tax related issues for my business.

Patriot Payroll review by David L.
David L.

"Payroll is now the easiest thing we do"

What do you like best?

Patriot handles everything payroll related, including payroll taxes, without worry or hassle. The layout is modern and easy to use. Excellent customer service.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. We decided not to use the optional accounting add-on. But the payroll side is great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I tried out several different solutions for payroll. Patriot was the best I tried, and I continue to be extremely happy with both our results (money not a factor), and our quality-for-cost ratio.

Payroll and payroll taxes can be a very time-consuming and frustrating task. Using Patriot, we pay less than doing it ourselves, and it's all very simple. Payroll is now one of the easiest things we do.

Patriot Payroll review by Stephen G.
Stephen G.

"Excellent Payroll Service with a Great Value!"

What do you like best?

Patriot has been so simple and easy to use as our payroll service. We are a small business with just a few employees, and we have the Full Service subscription which is such a great value for the low cost. Patriot takes care of turning in all of of our payroll taxes. I've only had to contact Customer Service one time with a question about adding a Salary Employee, and the woman was so helpful and helped me take care of it right away. I'd recommend this payroll service to anyone with a small business!

What do you dislike?

The only drawback is that Patriot does not offer health insurance packages through their service, like competitors do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommend this product to anyone with a Small Business that does not need to have a health insurance service offered with their payroll.

We needed a simple and easy service, and wanted the service to also take care of turning in all of the payroll taxes for us. Patriot does just that.

"Great for small business"

What do you like best?

I use this for my small business, and it makes payroll really simple. I signed up to get direct deposit through NATPAY, and this makes that very easy to do. Their pricing is some of the best around as well. There aren't any advanced features (such as adjusting social security or medicare withholding manually), but if you have standard payroll needs and want to make your life a little easier, this product will probably work fine for you.

Pros: Easy to set up, Great standard features like hourly pay types, salary, contributions, distributions, etc., Direct Deposit, Employee portal

What do you dislike?

Not many advanced features, less customizable than some, Interface to access past payrolls can be a little clunky. Quickbooks export is extremely basic and doesn't comply with DCAA requirements for a chart of accounts.

My payroll is less of a chore than it was in manual Quickbooks.

Patriot Payroll review by Shannon B.
Shannon B.

"Simple, headache-free payroll for busy office managers"

What do you like best?

I love how simple and intuitive Patriot is. I have a lot to think about everyday as the office manager of a solo attorney law office, including bookkeeping tasks, billing clients, acting as a legal assistant and other office tasks. I'm glad I can rely on Patriot to calculate and pay taxes and file my tax documents so I don't have to juggle all the due dates doing it manually would entail.

What do you dislike?

Everything is extremely satisfying, to be honest. The interface isn't particularly aesthetically pleasing, but I don't mind.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of the free payroll set up to make it even more user friendly.

Attempting to remember all of the filing dates and procedures of payroll and employer's taxes was a nightmare. I was so relieved to discover an affordable and functional solution in Patriot.

Patriot Payroll review by Amy J.
Amy J.

"Patriot Software is the accounting and payroll software for you!"

What do you like best?

Patriot Software is an affordable, easy to use software. Support staff is friendly and easy to reach. If your small business is looking for accounting and/or payroll software that is headache free and easy on your budget, I highly recommend.

What do you dislike?

The only downside is the that they operate on eastern time and I'm on pacific time. If I need to speak with customer service after 2:00pm my time, I am not able to get live help until the next day. It just requires to adjust my workflow a bit. With that said, they offer very detailed online help which includes video tutorials.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't hesitate to give Patriot a try. With their generous free trial, you have nothing to lose.

I needed to reduce the time it was taking me to handle our accounting and payroll. Patriot Software has streamlined my efficiency.

Patriot Payroll review by Matt D.
Matt D.

"Patriot Pay helps managing payroll easily!!!"

What do you like best?

Patriot pay helps with managing the Payroll. It has everything you need to manage your Payroll online. As a startup I tried using a couple windows based offline Payroll app and that was really a pain. But later on I was recommended for using Patrio and I started using it. Patriot has surprised with all functionality it has. I would say 1 of best software to use for financial things. Also my data is on the cloud and being backed up all the time. That is a great advantage.

What do you dislike?

I have not found anything wrong with this software yet. But since i used a few offline app in the past, I would prefer if Patriot Pay can also launch an offline app and keep syncing data with online database in the background. If offline app is available then i do not need to worry about working on payroll when I can not find connectivity of internet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Well, I would recommend this for small businesses. I have around 15 people working for me and it's best software to use. I am not sure how it will work with a number of people but for small business it works great!

I have been using Patriot for my company Payroll management. I have a small team and I wanted to manage their payroll using this software. I have seen great benefits of using this software. Patriot is managing all complex things itself and I do not need to worry about losing any data.

Patriot Payroll review by Gordon N.
Gordon N.

"Fantastic Product with Full Services that Surprised Me"

What do you like best?

I love that the software takes care of all of my payroll filing needs without any additional hassle. I also like that the staff are ready and willing to assist me if I have to adjust something in payroll taxes or cannot find a form.

What do you dislike?

It took a while to set up, but he product is nails.

This product does all of my quarterly filing, takes care of my payroll deduction and utilizes automatic deposit options to do so. This product saves me time in filings, money in postage and paperwork handling, and saves me a bunch of money every month over the other payroll products i have tried and used.

Patriot Payroll review by Kanda M.
Kanda M.

"This is the easy button for my job."

What do you like best?

It organizes everything for you. Pay the taxes and does the paperwork too. Easy to use . Friendly help available on line .

What do you dislike?

once you mistakenly put in an exspense you can not delete it

Recommendations to others considering the product

I took a class on using the competitor and after the class was still not sure how to use it. We found this and no class needed it does everything the others do yet it is so user friendly.

It has given me more time to devote to other areas of the business like customer service So our business has grown since we purchased this .

Patriot Payroll review by Matthew P.
Matthew P.

"Saved me time and money and stress"

What do you like best?

It is easy for a non-accountant to figure out and they have online help as you set it up. Perfect payroll for my small law firm. The online help was available and answered my questions as I set it up too.

What do you dislike?

Nothing that I can think of--but then again I do not do accounting nor do I do software. For me it seems perfect and affordable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is good for my AZ law firm with only one employee. I kind of wanted to use a bookkeeper but then decided to do it this way to learn more about my and my businesses finances and I am glad I have so far.

Taxing through payroll has been streamlined and has saved me an immense amount of time. It also has alleviated a lot of stress and I did not have to deal with government entities too much because the information provided was thorough.

I still have to send a report to the state even though all my unemployment taxes a prepaid quarterly via Patriot.

Patriot Payroll review by Rose H.
Rose H.

"I reviewed many payroll systems and decided on this product because of the ease, customer service an"

What do you like best?

Easy to use and understand. It has saved me hours of work, stress of getting payroll done and takes care of all the payroll needs.

What do you dislike?

I wish the time off feature could be easier to understand. I have struggled a bit with this and it should have employer capability to delete entries. I have no other faults with this program except the time off, vacation feature. This should be improved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Call and have your list of questions, mine have always been answered and the online chat feature is great!

Reduced stress, Allowed more time to concerntrate on other issues and the employees love the access to their info, time off, print their paystubs, etc.

Patriot Payroll review by Elisabeth J.
Elisabeth J.

"So much easier to use than I expected"

What do you like best?

The ease of navigation through the site was so user friendly.

I really liked how quickly I had everything set up and ready to go.

The cost was great for the all that you get aswell.

What do you dislike?

That it took me this long to find this program. No really there is not anything negative that i have found, maybe that to catch up for YTD from before I had the program I had to individually go back and enter every week, maybe there was an easier way but I couldn't find it. I t was just a bit time consuming.

Stream lining accounting and balancing/ keeping to a budget. While yes its a monthly expense/cost to run an accounting program such as Patriot, the benefits far outweigh the cost (which is not even that much)

Patriot Payroll review by Robert G.
Robert G.

"Payroll process simplified! Way better than Paychex! "

What do you like best?

I really like the simple interface, and the fact that I see in real time all of the withholdings, etc.

What do you dislike?

This is minor, and a bit picky, but I feel like I should put something down. Having to deal with a separate company for Direct deposit is a bit of a hassle, but only during the initial setup period.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give them a shot, I bet you'll be pleased

Patriot's software really allows me to have direct access to the information all the way through the process. I can make simple adjustments for expense reports, 401k adjustments, advances, etc.

Patriot Payroll review by Osvaldo C.
Osvaldo C.

"Everything You Need!"

What do you like best?

Direct Deposit, Employee portal, payroll taxes, affordability, customer service is always very nice.

What do you dislike?

I didn't find this sooner. The most difficult part is setting up the direct deposit, but i'm a dinosaur that still uses a fax machine.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't wait! make the switch now!

My employees can now check their pay stubs without bothering me. I don't have to take any time out of my day to get that information for them. I have also been able save more time and money.

Patriot Payroll review by Nathan K.
Nathan K.

"Patriot Payroll software is very effective and powerful for the cost. "

What do you like best?

The software is not very complicated and allows me to handle all my own payroll requirements with little effort and hassle.

What do you dislike?

Currently they have a few features which i would like to see implemented like multiple different hourly wages for the same employee. But they have assured me that they are working on these issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend that you try it, they are very friendly with free trials and stuff of that nature.

I am using Patriot Pay to streamline and reduce my Payroll costs. As a small business this is a huge thing for us.

Patriot Payroll review by Brian H.
Brian H.

"Excellent payroll software for the price"

What do you like best?

I love that we can customize most anything about the software. We needed payroll advance as a deduction after tax...no problem ... they set that up in 5 minutes through online chat with them

What do you dislike?

24 hours a day would be good to have chat support but we don't pay much so it is ok for now.

Recommendations to others considering the product

cost and features.

I love the low cost and they file all the returns and are responsible for any errors they make. I t could not be easier.

Patriot Payroll review by Alexis C.
Alexis C.

"Perfect for my business"

What do you like best?

I really liked the check list they provide to make sure you've submitted all the forms.

The time card integration with payroll makes pay day really easy.

I liked that they followed up with some calls and some emails when I left some things unchecked.

What do you dislike?

Their website isn't the most intuitive thing on the planet, but with some use, I've figured it out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd definitely recommend it. For the price, it's perfect for what I need.

I put off hiring just because setting up payroll seemed like a daunting task. Patriot told me exactly what forms I needed to fill out, which ones to keep on file, and what I needed to go forward.

It was SO easy, I'm confident the next hire will be even easier.

Patriot Payroll review by Jordan S.
Jordan S.

"Great payroll software"

What do you like best?

They handle all my tax filings on top of payroll and direct deposit for a fraction of the price I paid for my previous payroll company.

What do you dislike?

The setup process takes quite a while and there are multiple steps, but once setup is complete things run smoothly

Recommendations to others considering the product

make the switch

I love that they take care of all my tax filings. That is a huge load off of me and direct deposit is great for my employees along with an online time card feature.

Patriot Payroll review by Administrator in Telecommunications
Administrator in Telecommunications

"EASIEST SOFTWARE FOR SMALL BUSINESS OWNERS"

What do you like best?

I LOVE ALL THE FEATURES THIS SOFTWARE HAS . VERY EASY TO NAVIGATE AND TO UNDERSTAND .THE PRICE IS VERY AFFORDABLE THAT IS VERY NICE MOST THINGS THESE DAYS ARE VERY EXPENSIVE. ITS EASY ACCESS AND VERY SELF EXPLAINED WITH SUPORT HELP IF YOU NEED IT.I FEEL THAT HAVING ACCESS TO ALL FEATURES IN ONE SPOT IS A GREAT CONCEPT . ITS ALSO GREAT FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE VERY NEW TO ALL THIS KIND OF SOFTWARE. AND WITH SUPPORT HELP ALWAYS THERE TO HELP THATS A GREAT FEELING OF EASE.AND YOU GET ALL OF THIS FOR SUCH AN AFFORDABLE RATE WHICH IS VERY NICE WHEN YOUR'RE JUST STARTING A BUSINESS AND YOUR POCKET BOOK IS ALREADY STRETCHED.

What do you dislike?

I REALLY HAD NO CONS BUT IF I WERE TO PICK ONE THE ONLY I WISH IS IT TO ALLOW ME TO DO FULL SET UP BY MYSELF I HATE HAVING TO CALL AND SPEAK TO SOMEONE .I PREFER FIGURING OUT MYSELF AND IF I NEED HELP I WILL CALL.. I ALSO WISH YOU DID NOT HAVE TO UPGRADE RIGHT AWAY BUT IT DOES MAKE YOU UPGRADE RIGHT AWAY TO BEABLE TO CHECK OUT SOME FEATURES I THOUGHT ALL FEATURES SHOULD BE CHECKED OUT DURING TRIAL.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I WOULD RECOMMEND TO GIVE THIS A TRY VERY EASY TO USE AND VERY AFFORDABLE.

I NEEDED PAYROLL FOR MY ONE EMPLOYEE AND I NEEDED SOFTWARE TO BE ABLE TO TRACK ALL PAYROLL FOR THE YEAR. I CHECKED OUT THIS SITE AND LOVED ALL THE FEATURES AND DECIDED I WAS HAPPY WITH RIGHT AWAY. I AM GOING TO TELL MY COLLEGES ABOUT THIS SOFTWARE.

Patriot Payroll review by Sara T.
Sara T.

"Patriot to the RESCUE"

What do you like best?

What I like most about Patriot is that they are giving the company an ability to relieve the stress from filing & paying for employment taxes, in a state specific manner. My clients are busy enough with their business functionalities.

What do you dislike?

Have not found anything yet, as I have only just started using the product

Most of my clients ask that as their bookkeeper, if I can process their payroll. With Patriot, the stress of ensuring all the proper forms and payment are completed in a timely manner just make my job that much better!

Patriot Payroll review by Adam S.
Adam S.

"Easy to use, and a great fit for my small business"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, customer service is the number 1 reason I chose Patriot. Good price as well, I also like the free trial I am getting as well

What do you dislike?

New site, has some bugs that need worked out. I imagine this will be address via customer service in a prompt manner as has every answer I have posed to them. Needs a direct deposit option. I do not print checks and currently am using a bank for my direct deposit, would like to only use Patriot for these needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try ti out and give it a chance. Try contacting customer support and you will see that the value is very high for Patriot

1099 for vendors and eventually payroll. It is a one stop shop for managing my business payroll.

Patriot Payroll review by Erin D.
Erin D.

"Exactly what you expect"

What do you like best?

Easy to use payroll. Very intuitive user interface. The customer support is exceptional. Employees have their own place they can log in. A small business can run payroll without having to have a whole department

What do you dislike?

So far nothing. I had to sign up for various things through city/state, but Patriot gives you a guide in how to do that. Really wasn't much of a problem. When I did get something wrong they reached out to me and then we fixed it over the phone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't put it off. Just go for it.

Having an employee that is legitimate. I don't want to have an employee where i run stuff under the table. It is nice to have a legitimate workforce.

Patriot Payroll review by Nicole B.
Nicole B.

"Love Patriot Payroll!"

What do you like best?

We are a brand new business and the thought of running payroll was so terrifying for me! When we found Patriot we were so grateful for all of the services they provide to make things much easier. I feel confident that they will file everything for me and it really takes a load of our shoulders. Also their customer service is unmatched. I was contacted by my account rep several times to notify me of additional support and services.. it wasn't too overwhelming as I've experienced with other companies. Definitely recommend Patriot!

What do you dislike?

The site can be a little difficult to navigate .. not as intuitive as others- but not a major deal once you figure it out

complete payroll management is taken care of for us. We love it

Patriot Payroll review by Vishal C.
Vishal C.

"Encourage small business owners to save dough and ride the band wagon with Patriot Software"

What do you like best?

A suite of products at a great price and therefore I personally encourage small business owners to save dough and ride the band wagon with Patriot Software

What do you dislike?

n/a. I personally am very fond of Patriot Software and love the dashboards, reports, payroll portal and administrative setup including the ability to add or edit employees.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Full suite of products at a great value

I personally encourage small business owners to save dough and ride the band wagon with Patriot Software's full suite of products at a great value

Patriot Payroll review by Administrator in Hospital & Health Care
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"No turning back! Running payroll is now a breeze, rather than the chore."

What do you like best?

Ease of use and the ability to run payroll, view reports and access the program from any computer, MAC or Windows. I love their customer support. No waiting on hold for excessive times, and always able to speak with a person, rather than leaving a message.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found anything that I dislike so far, but I've only been using Patriot Payroll for 8 months, and I'm self-employed, so with only one employee, my experience is limited.

For me, I use their full service payroll that always files/pays my taxes and reports on time, thus freeing me of those time consuming tasks.

Patriot Payroll review by Administrator in Chemicals
Administrator in Chemicals

"Great solution for my practice consisting of small businesses with shareholder employees"

What do you like best?

Software is easy to use, help section is very well organized for any questions on functionality. Very prompt and responsive customer support. Any issues are dealt with promptly.

What do you dislike?

It could have some limitations for specific unique taxability issues for states / local. Has some limitations on manual adjustments of taxable wages, etc. However, it seems they are continuously improving, for example recently adding S-corp shareholder employee health insurance premiums as an option for the W-2.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very simple, easy to use. Great customer support.

Ease of use, frees time up for other value adding services.

Patriot Payroll review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Finally! a full service payroll solution at an amazing price."

What do you like best?

First, the price is right. You get all the features you would expect from a full service payroll provider for a great monthly price. The software is easy to use and fairly intuitive. They are super responsive through phone support or chat. I love that they offer both.

What do you dislike?

The software has a few quirks: I hate that the date fields don't assume the current year for me. A small thing, but hey, you asked...

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just do it.

Payroll. Less time spent on payroll every two weeks. That means more time for the business!

Patriot Payroll review by Amaury T.
Amaury T.

"Everything you need, no useless extras"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that Patriot pay offers state-specific help, their customer service team is incredibly easy to get a hold of and talk to, and their software is fairly easy to use. Best bang for your buck!

What do you dislike?

To be honest, there really isn't anything to dislike. Many might say "you get what you pay for", but with Patriot Software, i don't see any disadvantages. Competing payroll software may offer a subjectively better looking user interface, but that's about it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

don't knock it until you try it!

I was trying to solve the problem of payroll, payroll taxes and quarterly filings, all of which Patriot Software accomplished for me!

Patriot Payroll review by Darla C.
Darla C.

"Owner"

What do you like best?

I like how easy this product is to use. It makes my payroll job very easy.

What do you dislike?

That it can't read my mind and do it by itself. lol Honestly I can't think of anything I have not liked about it yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would for sure give Patriot Payroll a try. It is very easy to set up with the help of their help and after it is all set up you will love it!

The time it takes to do my payroll is so much quicker. If I ever have any questions I can always give them a call and they are always happy to help.

Patriot Payroll review by Rochelle G.
Rochelle G.

"Excellent Payroll software and service"

What do you like best?

User friendly and excellent customer service. I like the ease of use of the program, and the helpful, and friendly online customer service help/chat.

What do you dislike?

Unable to enter payroll data directly into the program. The program computes the withholding taxes according to IRS regulations which is good. But some taxpayers like to pay lower withholding than the program computes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend this program to other who are looking for a good payroll program and service.

Payroll, and Tax filing. The use of this program free up my time so I can do other things.

Patriot Payroll review by Doug E.
Doug E.

"Patriot Software ease of use"

What do you like best?

I am running a small business with the need to easily run a payroll as money flows in. I found this online service to be extremely easy to use, flexible and very affordable. At this point, I would highly recommend Patriot Software.

What do you dislike?

I just started using the service and have yet to find anything I dislike. I've used other payrolls services and found this service to be very flexible.

Flexibility, price and ease of use.

Patriot Payroll review by Henry B.
Henry B.

"Payroll made easy"

What do you like best?

Ease of use and low cost. It allows an unlimited number of payrolls per year for the same price, and end-of-year forms like W-2s are free.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found anything I don't like about Patriot Payroll.

I was signed up with a larger brick and mortar payroll company but it was just too expensive for my one-employee company. I couldn't justify paying $60 a month for them to write one paycheck.

Patriot Payroll review by Korie P.
Korie P.

"Good For Small Business For Price"

What do you like best?

I like that it is a cheap service and I do not need all of those extra ad ons. It is only myself as an employee so it does the job.

What do you dislike?

I dont like that you have to pay $7.99 per month for 1099s regardless if compensation is paid out to an independent contractor that month.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Patriot if you are a single employee company looking for a cheap solution that can provide you with everything you need. $25 full service payroll - I couldn't find it cheaper anywhere else.

This is my first time being involved in payroll, so I like that I am learning the different roles of it.

Patriot Payroll review by Angela P.
Angela P.

"Happy New Customer"

What do you like best?

I really like the user friendly set up of the software and the reasonable cost.

What do you dislike?

The set up was the most challenging and was frustrating at times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just to be prepared for the switch and create a check list of items to do. Also, try to time it that you start with the new system at the beginning of the year and not switch during the calendar year.

The biggest is saving money and we are going to do that.

Patriot Payroll review by User

"Great product really easy to use setup was easy too"

What do you like best?

I am happy that i can do alot with this product and saves me time then having to write out checks and keep track of payroll taxes. And it is nice to be able to pull up reports of all the payroll transactions in the past.

What do you dislike?

I had a little delay with getting the nat pay setup but it was able to be done at the end which i am now happy about also alot of paperwork to fill out.

payroll paying employees time saving and don't have to worry about the paying my payroll taxes.

Patriot Payroll review by Sarah H.
Sarah H.

"Easiest Payroll I could find!"

What do you like best?

They made it so easy for me to set up. I was so overwhelmed about payroll. After I found Patriot was the best bargain, I started setting it up immediately! They even called me while I was setting it up to make sure I didn't have any questions!!

What do you dislike?

They couldn't help me with my mistake of 2016

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it.

Literally all of the numbers and taxes in Payroll

Patriot Payroll review by Administrator in Wireless
Administrator in Wireless

"Patriot payroll is a lifesaver!"

What do you like best?

The site is VERY user friendly and even when it's not, the customer service is EXTREMELY fast and EXTREMELY helpful! The services provided save us SO MUCH TIME and MONEY!

What do you dislike?

We also use the site to record our 1099s, but we are not able to process them at the end of the year through the site, but it is still very helpful to have that option.

As a very small business - 3 employees - using Patriot for payroll, vacation tracking, and workers comp is a LIFESAVER and it doesn't break our extremely tight budget!! They also handle our W2 submissions and tax filings as well, which is a HUGE peace of mind!!

Patriot Payroll review by User in Legal Services
User in Legal Services

"Pleasantly Surprised!"

What do you like best?

I checked out some other programs before going with Patriot. It was easy to set up and get started. It was straightforward, payroll is easy, and I've already generated my tax forms to mail in. I like it so much I think I'm going to sign up for the full tax service. And the price, you can't beat! Customer service was also very prompt and friendly when I emailed with a question.

What do you dislike?

Honestly I haven't found anything that I don't like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a shot, they have 30 days free! I'm pretty sure you'll like it. I did a lot of searching and originally didn't go with them because I thought they were cut rate (I don't think the name helped), but I'm really happy with my decision!

My payroll is easier and the 940 & 941 generated forms definitely makes my life easier!!

Patriot Payroll review by User in Insurance
User in Insurance

"Great for Small Businesses"

What do you like best?

Ease of use. I no longer have to worry about whether I submitted all the required forms. I also liked that the customer service was here in the U.S. I have had problems with other softwares in that tech support outside the US does not know how our businesses run and what we need.

What do you dislike?

That I didn't know about this software last year. I had to do the forms on my own.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Darn easy to set up. The customer service helped me out with any problems and understood tax requirements.

Peace of mind. I did this on my own last year and really didn't know whether I had submitted all the required forms.

Patriot Payroll review by Opel S.
Opel S.

"Wonderful payroll service"

What do you like best?

I like to be able to talk to a live person each time I call.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see the support tech's know more about the actual tax aspect of the program.

I no longer need to do payroll and taxes by hand. It saves a lot of time, and allows me to focus on other areas in the office.

Patriot Payroll review by Christie G.
Christie G.

"Great payroll service, easy to use and set up."

What do you like best?

Easy to use and set up. Instant check/pay stub printing no waiting for mail service. Easy clock in and out

What do you dislike?

no system set up to use bi-monthly pay had to change to bi-weekly to use

Recommendations to others considering the product

its a great program easy to use and log into customer service is easy to get a hold of and had answers to all my questions.

less cost then ADP, easy to set up new employee's

Patriot Payroll review by Nathan O.
Nathan O.

"When do you buy the Right Software"

What do you like best?

I like the upgraded version and the price, you can't find a better deal anywhere, unless you make the softwate yourself.

What do you dislike?

There's only one feature I don't like, payroll, you have to bus both features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The price and functions are great!

The buisness problem was credabity, and ease of payment to the vendors i use. The benefit is the confidence booster and portfolio for my business.

Patriot Payroll review by User in Fine Art
User in Fine Art

"East to use and great price "

What do you like best?

We are a small business with only two employees so finding an affordable payroll solution was our biggest consideration. A lot of other payroll companies had bells and whistles that we didn't need. Patriot's customer support helped us get set-up quickly since we'd never used a payroll software before and being able to try it for 30 days for free made starting with them not feel overwhelming. The peace of mind knowing that our taxes are being paid on time and the convenience of direct deposit have made payroll feel easy.

What do you dislike?

We've been using Patriot for two months now and it has been great, no complaints.

The cost is about half of what any other service quoted and we know our taxes are being paid on time so we won't be penalized.

Patriot Payroll review by Dr. Seth M. G.
Dr. Seth M. G.

"Great Value and Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that this software is easy to use. Also, customer service is knowledgeable and helpful. It is a great value!!

What do you dislike?

I haven't found anything that I don't like about the software. It does exactly what I need it to do.

Patriot Payroll has helped me run my payrolls quickly and effectively while doing so at a fraction of the cost of my previous payroll provider.

Patriot Payroll review by Jay H. M.
Jay H. M.

"Good product for single company."

What do you like best?

Overall a well functioning program for a single company payroll. Easy to set up company and employees. Check printing is easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Natpay and setting up Direct Deposit is a pain. A lot of hoops to jump through and definitely not as user friendly and seamless as using intuit. Also, if you are an accountant they do not have a branded platform so your client will know they are using Patriot so it doesn't work for contracted payroll.

Low price point and good value .

Patriot Payroll review by User in Accounting
User in Accounting

"Patriot Software"

What do you like best?

I like their customer service, low price, quality of the product, and that they are based in the United States.

What do you dislike?

I like the product, and really don't have anything I dislike about it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great customer service, low-cost, and exceptional product.

I am referring all my clients to Patriot to use it as a low-cost payroll provider. I have the benefit of seeing them get a quality product at a reasonable price.

Patriot Payroll review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Excellent Payroll for small business and if you are looking for cost effective solution"

What do you like best?

Ease of use and navigation and understanding.Account is another great one to use to manage clients or customers. Even the receivables and payable.

What do you dislike?

Invoicing sequencing. If you create an invoice in error you cannot edit the invoice hence you end up creating new invoice with new invoice number though. There you lose the sequence hence it is possible to confuse your clients.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Price vs Features

Payroll and filing taxes on time. Also managing the accounting.

Patriot Payroll review by Administrator in Construction
Administrator in Construction

"Best payroll software"

What do you like best?

The fact that you can run payroll whenever you want and the customer service is great. Everything is easy to use and easy to figure out. If you have any questions just open up the chat and someone almost always immediately answers you.

What do you dislike?

Having to type in "FALSE" for Texarkana resident for tax. Not being able to delete ex-employees and just having to 'hide' them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out first because the demo is free and then buy it. It is also very inexpensive.

I just needed a software that would let me run payroll as often as I wanted and whenever I wanted to. This was the perfect solution.

Patriot Payroll review by Michael S.
Michael S.

"Amazing features and affordable"

What do you like best?

User friendly, affordable, Its Easy! 1099s. I run a service business where Patriot helped me when I had Employed 4 employees. It was easy and affordable at first I thought it was to good to be true. I then got to know the company and they truly have the small business in mind. I switched over my employees to Sub contractors so there 1099 forms are perfect for me and easy to use. Plus its always in the cloud so I can access it always. I also really love the customer service. Anytime I had a question it was easy to call and have my question answered immediately without having to put in a 24 hour request before I would hear anything back from them. Thank you Patriot Pay!

What do you dislike?

I Have not come across anything in regards to patriot pay I have not liked. Anytime I have a question I just ask and the customer service representative is happy to hear from me and excited I use their service.b

Recommendations to others considering the product

I looked into other Payroll companies such as Paychex etc. Patriot is way more affordable and offers the exact same thing. Think about it all you need is a software that keeps track of taxes. For me patriot has been the best thing for my company. I would highly recommend it and I am pretty positive you would be satisfied.

Patriot has saved me $50 a month from having to use an accountant every month.

Patriot Payroll review by Administrator in Accounting
Administrator in Accounting

"Exceptional Experience"

What do you like best?

They are always available, give efficient answers to every question, are very friendly and American based.

What do you dislike?

We wish we would have found it sooner! We have been with a less than satisfactory company and Patriot Software has proven to be the exact opposite!

Recommendations to others considering the product

The free trial alone will convince you. This software is so easy to use, user friendly, and the customer service is exceptional.

Maintaining control of the clients information and still being able to provide a cost efficient service.

Patriot Payroll review by Patti W.
Patti W.

"I Can't Imagine Running My Business Without Patriot!"

What do you like best?

Since joining up with Patriot over a year ago, I can't imagine ever having to go back to do payroll and employment taxes myself again. With a few clicks, my payroll, taxes and ACH deposits are complete. A huge time saver and relieves a great deal of stress at a minimal fee.

What do you dislike?

In some areas, the site is a little difficult to navigate, but love the click to chat because someone is right there to answer my questions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I wish I had not delayed jumping on board with Patriot. Prior to Patriot, I was doing my payroll myself and a year later simply can't imagine not having a payroll service. Patriot is priced very well, a great value and fabulous customer service.

As a small but growing business, Patriot relives all of the stress associated with running payroll and keeping up with payroll taxes. I can easily see that as my business grows, Patriot will be right there to insure all of my payroll tasks are handled.

Patriot Payroll review by Thuy Tran-Saboe, C.
Thuy Tran-Saboe, C.

"Very affordable and the best customer service!"

What do you like best?

Patriot's client services are affordable. The portal are user friendly. They have outstanding customer support.

What do you dislike?

Client can currently view the pricing package offered. This is not ideal since I do not want my client to see how much I'm paying for the reseller package. Patriot is working on removing this.

I'm very happy that I chose to partner with Patriot to provide payroll services to my client. They have been outstanding in answering all my questions and providing prompt responses and assistance in setting up clients.

"Patriot Software"

What do you like best?

The program is so easy to use, just a few clicks & you are done, no worries. This software offers as little or as much service as you choose but for me the full service payroll is the best value bar none.

What do you dislike?

The initial set up was a bit challenging ( had to enter prior payroll withholding etc back to the 1st of the year ) & setting up direct deposit for one of my employees was more difficult then it should have been

Recommendations to others considering the product

Offers a value that is unsurpassed

The service is an excellent value

Patriot Payroll review by Debbie M.
Debbie M.

"Patriot is making my life easier!!"

What do you like best?

Its easy to use and makes keeping track of time and records a breeze. There are a wealth of informational support videos to help you understand.

What do you dislike?

The time off tracking. You have to assign the time but if you don't do it before hand you cant utilize it, you cant edit entries made when you allot an employee time off. You cannot track employee absences. That is something I would really like to have featured. A way to track it as an absence.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try it is pretty simple to use and even if you have no idea how to start they will start yours for you free and input all the information you wish for it to have.

I am able to track my employee changes more effectively. Before we did everything in excell sheets and by hand. With Patriot I enter notes online and there is no looking for this note book or the other.

Patriot Payroll review by Administrator in Management Consulting
Administrator in Management Consulting

"Great Value for the Price!"

What do you like best?

Setting this software up took less than 10 minutes. The software is easy to navigate through making processing payroll a breeze!

What do you dislike?

The reporting function is very simple. I would like more reporting options.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This software is a great value for the price! Anyone can process payroll without having knowledge of how to so it! The software is easy to navigate through, taking the headache out of payroll! Also they have a wonderful customer support team which is always there to answer your questions!

Processing payroll has never been easier! Patriot's customer service team are professional and very helpful making processing payroll one less headache! Also the low cost helps keep it affordable for business just starting out!

Patriot Payroll review by Norma T.
Norma T.

"Small Restaurant Owner SATISFIED!!!"

What do you like best?

Ater running one payroll I already feel like my money is definitely worth it for this software!!!! it is SOOOO EASY!!!! I can not stress that enough. WAAAAY better than PAYCHEX and WAAAYYYYY less complicated. Easy to navigate. I love the tutorial videos. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS SOFTWARE FOR ANY SMALL BUSINESS!!!!

What do you dislike?

NOTHING. this is exactly what i was looking for.

taxes are always a headache for me. Patriot made it super easy to set ups and understand. no more worries!!!

Patriot Payroll review by Administrator in Mental Health Care
Administrator in Mental Health Care

"Great for small business"

What do you like best?

Patriot saves me tons of time each month, employees can enter their own time, direct deposit, option to pay payroll taxes with each pay period.

What do you dislike?

No option to pay 1099 contractors through direct deposit (you can pay them via check), this would be a feature I would pay additional fees for instead of having to use a second company. The initial enrollment would be smoother if you didn't have to register with a second company to use direct deposit.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great payroll solution, just keep in mind that 1099 contractors cannot be paid via direct deposit using this service.

Fast payments, huge time savings, much easier than QB (and cheaper).

Patriot Payroll review by Dean W.
Dean W.

"Fills all my needs for my home based business."

What do you like best?

It is very easy to use and the support staff is awesome!

What do you dislike?

I am a very small business and have not run into any issues.

I guess it would be nice they automatically ran my payroll monthly. Then sent me an email with the 2 values I need to put in Quick Books. But I may be the only customer wanting that...

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try!

Takes care of all my payroll needs.

Patriot Payroll review by Dave L.
Dave L.

"Easy to use, economical"

What do you like best?

Easy to use. good support, forms and records stored online.

What do you dislike?

I really do not know what to say here. I cannot think of cons.

The hassle of computing and filing with all of the tax entities.

Patriot Payroll review by User

"Patriot Software best software for payroll in the Industry"

What do you like best?

I like that I can do my payroll in less that 5 minutes. I hired a book keeper in the past and it has been not only very confusing but very expensive.

What do you dislike?

There really is not anything I can complain about. My experience has been wonderful. I little hard to set up but the customer service team made it really easy. They were very responsive

Recommendations to others considering the product

You should use it. It is fast and easy and very comprehensive

I can run my payroll very easily and have been pleased that they do all the reporting for me.

Patriot Payroll review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Great service at a great rate"

What do you like best?

Ease of use; I am able to run payroll without issue, can direct deposit. Online support is great when gathering quarterly data.

What do you dislike?

No real cons; sometimes it's difficult to find reports. It would be nice if all employee information were listed when looking at all reports. Sometimes I need to go back to an employee's information to get SSN for example, and then have to go back to the report I was looking at to get the data.

I'm able to run my own payroll at a good rate, able to employ and offer direct deposit.

"Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

I liked how easy it was to use. Plus the price was great. This has been a great interim system while we are going through a conversion. I love that the reports are very detailed but easy to read.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that you cannot update an employees information even as early as just keying hours. You have to remove everything you have keyed and start over.

We are going through a conversion and this system was used as an interim system to get us through until we go live on our new system.

Patriot Payroll review by Michelle W.
Michelle W.

"GREAT VALUE AND AWESOME CUSTOMER SERVICE."

What do you like best?

THIS SOFTWARE IS A BIG SAVINGS FOR MY SMALL BUSINESS. THE CUSTOMER SUPPORT STAFF IS ALWAYS FRIENDLY AND VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE.

What do you dislike?

IT WAS A LITTLE CHALLENGING TRANSITIONING FROM MY CURRENT PROVIDER TO PATRIOT, BUT YOUR CUSTOMER SUPPORT STAFF PROFESSIONALLY GUIDED MY THROUGH IT..

Recommendations to others considering the product

THIS IS A GREAT VALUE FOR THE PRICE AND THE CUSTOMER SERVICE STAFF IS ALWAYS FRIENDLY AND VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE.

SINCE WE ARE A VERY SMALL COMPANY, OUR BIGGEST BENEFIT IS THE COST OF SERVICE!!

"Great payroll service"

What do you like best?

The customer service is very responsive. Any question that I have had in the past, they answered immediately, less than 5 minutes. They have everything that is needed for payroll for a small business to run efficiently, without worry, and at a very reasonable price. I am very happy I came to this software.

What do you dislike?

I truly cannot think of one thing I dislike about Patriot

We are a newly open salon, so everything is brand new to us. Patriot is making the move much easier for us.

Patriot Payroll review by User in Capital Markets
User in Capital Markets

"Love Patriot Payroll"

What do you like best?

I love how they have full service or self service. For the price Patriot cannot be beat.

What do you dislike?

There are a few menus that can be hard to find at first until you get used to what you are doing.

I needed a full payroll service for 1 employee and didn't want to pay $70 a month just to pay myself. With patriot I get full service for only $25 a month which is a huge savings when your only dealing with paying 1 person anyway.

Patriot Payroll review by Biaodeng Z.
Biaodeng Z.

"It has all the functions we need. Fair price."

What do you like best?

The support team is very helpful. They are very patient to answer my questions, and very knowledgeable.

What do you dislike?

You have to finish your payroll in the month it happens. If you do it in the following month, even though it is not due until the 15th, they will charge you a fee to change it.

They file my state taxes as well. It is quite complicate if I file it myself.

Patriot Payroll review by Kenisha T.
Kenisha T.

"New Business Owner Reveiw"

What do you like best?

I love the ease of use in the software. It is easy to navigate through.

What do you dislike?

I guess I would say that I would like customer service to stay open a little later than 4:00 cst

Recommendations to others considering the product

Not just yet. But I love it.

I am able to provide my companies with prompt service and that solves problems within itself.

Patriot Payroll review by Brett W.
Brett W.

"Should have used Patriot Pay 7 years ago"

What do you like best?

Simple, easy to use format and dramatically less expensive than using Paychex or other companies.

What do you dislike?

I have not had any problems so far, but I am confident that they will help if I have questions submitting everything to EFTPS and the other agencies.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Paychex and my CPA charges would be $100 / month vs. $30 a month with Patriot. Since I have to do the majority of the work doing payroll, why should I pay $800 more a year?

Since the majority of the work processing payroll is already done in our office, it seemed like I was paying a whole lot to have my local payroll company enter the data I provided. Patriot is very easy to use and their expertise will help me avoid fines for incorrectly submitting to EFTPS or the other agencies.

Patriot Payroll review by Lorri D.
Lorri D.

"Great SoftWARE"

What do you like best?

This is super easy to use. They help you ever step of the way.

What do you dislike?

Not much. I really enjoy this product. Very easy to use

Recommendations to others considering the product

yes i would recommend this software. very easy to use

I am using for payroll only

Patriot Payroll review by Joe "JC" C.
Joe "JC" C.

"Good customer service and best price I've found"

What do you like best?

I did a lot of research prior to selecting a payroll software. Patriot makes the job easy and offers full service tax payments and customer support for the best price on the market. Can't beat it!

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike so far. I experienced a snag on my first tax payment due to my own error. But they helped me walk through the whole process to make the payment and took it over from there.

I really dislike admin, so having a full service provider frees me up to focus on what's most important in my business.

Patriot Payroll review by Administrator

"By Far The BEST Payroll Software"

What do you like best?

Very easy setup, Easy to Use, Process Payroll Quickly

What do you dislike?

Only thing missing is some basic customization which I have been able to do outside of Patriot.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is the software to choose. Shouldn't even look at QB.

Much better customer service and easier to use than Quickbooks Payroll at MUCH Less Cost.

Patriot Payroll review by Jerald G.
Jerald G.

"Awesome Software"

What do you like best?

the very easy to use features so now payroll is no longer a headache.

What do you dislike?

none at the moment, very happy so far. thanks

Running Payroll is no more a headache and not somthing

Patriot Payroll review by Cierra T.
Cierra T.

"Awesome Sauce!!!!!!!"

What do you like best?

I love that this soft ware is extremely user friendly, and you don't have to be computer savvy at all. The customer service is amazing, other companies should take note. I have never been unable to contact someone either by phone or via email.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that i dislike about this software

Recommendations to others considering the product

try the demo to get the real life experience first

This is what every new business with limited cash flow needs. It extremely affordable and easy to navigate .

Patriot Payroll review by Doug D.
Doug D.

"Great Product - Highly Recommend"

What do you like best?

The setup of payroll was incredibly easy and Patriot walks you through every step to get it right. Use of the software is also very easy.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. I would highly recommend Patriot Payroll.

As a new small-business owner with no experience administering payroll, Patriot Payroll makes the process easy and gives me comfort that I won't have any issues with the IRS or state revenue department.

Patriot Payroll review by Stephanie G.
Stephanie G.

"Patriot PAY works for End IF!"

What do you like best?

I have already recommended Patriot Pay. For us, I just enter the payroll, assure that the funds are available, and Patriot PAY takes it from there. I don't have to worry about on time deposits or tax report filings. It just gets done!

What do you dislike?

As a web developer, I find the site a little non-intuitive in navigation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your company has a simple payroll, needs Employee Portal functionality, and wants to stop being concerned about processing payroll properly, Patriot PAY is your affordable and accurate solution.

Once you upload your signed forms to Patriot PAY, your payroll setup is almost complete. Each employee setup takes only minutes, and all the processing is very quick.

I'm solving the need to pay and file all the items related to payroll and payroll tax. Very affordable.

Patriot Payroll review by Kerry S.
Kerry S.

"The customer experience was awesome! Very upbeat and had great specific answers for all questions."

What do you like best?

I think for everybody, the value for the cost is unbeatable. Not only is it a great value, but it is super easy to use.

What do you dislike?

The Patriot name is not well known enough, yet, I believe it will be very soon.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Strongly Consider Patriot, the ease and value are worth it.

This provides payroll processing, which is absolutely necessary for a fraction of what other companies want to charge their clients.

Patriot Payroll review by User in Accounting
User in Accounting

"Satisfied user"

What do you like best?

Perfect pricing for small business. Easy use and access. Excellent customer support.

What do you dislike?

Does not offer "pay as you go" workers compensation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Must try and evaluate.

Offering payroll services to clients of a small accounting practice is a time burden and could be costly. Patriot allows this firm to offer the services at a fraction of the prior cost and also reduced the time that it took to maintain payroll. We now offer "live" payroll solution to our clients.

Patriot Payroll review by Jen M.
Jen M.

"Excellence!"

What do you like best?

I love that when I have a question that I just type in the chat box and I receive polite understandable responses! Patriot pay has great service and is really easy to use, if I can use it efficiently anybody can!

What do you dislike?

I honestly have no complaints, Patriot pay has helped me fix another payroll service's mistakes and made it simple to do so.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You won't regret using this product!

I am currently trying to switch over to Direct Deposit and I already see many benefits for my business with that.

Patriot Payroll review by Jerry W.
Jerry W.