Patriot Payroll

Patriot Payroll is online payroll software for small business owners

Work for Patriot Payroll?
Kronos workforce ready  payroll  2x

Learning about Patriot Payroll?

Patriot Payroll Reviews

Ask Patriot Payroll a Question
Showing 190 Patriot Payroll reviews
Patriot Payroll review by <span>Jack B.</span>
Jack B.

Affordable Payroll Software

Validated Review
What do you like best?

Price - The alternatives are considerably more expensive or more limiting for their cheaper plans. Ease of Use - Its doesn't take a certified professional to use this software. It is very potent for the simplicity it offers

What do you dislike?

None, and I don't say this lightly. I have used this for a little over six months now. When I have to make adjustments to checks, add or deduct advances or change employee info, everything I need to do is possible.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The free trial will tell you all you need to know. You can't beat the price, and you are not sacrificing features for it!

We were looking for payroll software that didnt require us to pay 50 dollars or more a month, and one that didnt limit the number of payrolls we could run each month, or limit us only to direct deposit paying.

0 of 0 found this helpful.
Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Patriot Payroll
Patriot Payroll review by <span>Vickey B.</span>
Vickey B.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

Customer support! The chat option is awesome! I love not having to wait on hold for hours. It is also easier to use and don't have to call support every time I need something like making my church clients exempt from FUTA and the ministers exempt from FICA. I can do it myself in the software.

What do you dislike?

The hoops you have to jump thru to set up direct deposit with NatPay are a pain...but again their support throughout the setup process was outstanding!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it! Fully worth the trouble of switching!

I LOVE the cheaper price and as I stated before, being able to handle the exemptions for my church clients in the software without having to call support has saved many valuable work hours.

0 of 0 found this helpful.

What Payroll solution do you use?

Patriot Payroll review by Administrator in Law Practice
Administrator in Law Practice

So far product is as described

Validated Review
What do you like best?

Patriot Software is a simple and easy to use program. Setup time was fairly quick. Just had to have the basic business info available. Definitely helped with the service being able to process the actual tax payments to include state.

What do you dislike?

So far there are no real cons except the normal I would like to pay less for the full service of having the software process and file my federal and state for less. I might look into exactly where and how to file these on my own to reduce the cost but overall no issues or real Cons yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

So far the product is living up to its claims. When implementing the program just have all the basic documents needed: FEIN, Tax docs, business establishment. Other wise everything is pretty simple to include adding new clients.

Currently meeting the needs of processing payroll. The product has helped to ensure the correct amount of taxes are being held out and then the payment of those taxes to federal and state agencies on time.

Patriot Payroll review by <span>Prentiss I.</span>
Prentiss I.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

The support is very effective. Implementation went very smoothly. The procedures for entering hours and and applying deductions are straight forward. The user interface is clean and very intuitive and reporting is flexible. This is a cost effective solution for small companies as long as you do not need extensive job costing integration into an accounting system.

What do you dislike?

The direct deposit functionality is very restrictive. They require that the payroll be processed by monday to be in the employee's account on friday. They use a third party to do the direct deposits.(with adp you can do it right up the the day before payday) I think they need to address this to accommodate a more and more paperless environment. also if you make a mistake on a payroll deduction you cannot go back and edit the deduction after you have entered hours. you have to delete the entire payroll edit the deduction and then re-enter the payroll. very clunky. the alternative would be to approve the payroll void the incorrect check and then re-run another payroll.

A good payroll solution at a economical price. No need file payroll tax returns and make deposits.

Patriot Payroll review by <span>Jason J.</span>
Jason J.

Great product and service

Validated Review
What do you like best?

Patriot software is very easy to setup and use. The customer service is great and friendly, whether using the online chat or talking to someone on the phone. This made my payroll so easy, and it is a lot less expensive than having my accountant do the payroll.

What do you dislike?

There is not much to dislike at this point. I have been using the service for less than a month, so far I don't see any downfall.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a very user friendly and inexpensive way to get payroll done. Saving me a ton of time and money.

Patriot Payroll review by <span>Jake D.</span>
Jake D.

Amazing Value

Validated Review
What do you like best?

I do all of my work in the cloud and am impressed with the functionality and value of Patriot Software's offerings. It allows me to continue working in the cloud without paying the insane payroll costs of Xero/Intuit (per company). I simply bundle the cost of Patriot in my services pricing and get to work for my clients.

What do you dislike?

I think the accounting functionality, while user-friendly for non-accountants, is not as flexible as what Intuit & Xero offer for cloud-based accounting, but the payroll software makes up for it!

Always consider the needs of your company or your clients' company before deciding on software. This software does not have automatic integration with the QBO/Xero, so it adds a step that could leave room for errors, but the lower cost for great service is so far well worth the one extra step.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Always consider the needs of your company or your clients' company before deciding on software. This software does not have automatic integration with the QBO/Xero, so it adds a step that could leave room for errors, but the lower cost for great service is so far well worth it the one extra step.

Because I work with a lot of churches, the paid staff are usually only a few in number and don't need an expensive monthly payroll subscription. With Patriot Software, I am able to offer cloud-based payroll service to my clients and keep my costs low (since I bundle the cost into my total price).

0 of 0 found this helpful.

Learning about Patriot Payroll?

* We monitor all Patriot Payroll reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.