PatronManager

3.9

CRM technology designed for arts and cultural organizations.

Work for PatronManager?

Learning about PatronManager?

PatronManager Reviews

Showing 10 PatronManager reviews
PatronManager review by Janet F.
Janet F.

"Endless capabilities with superb support"

What do you like best?

Our orchestra has a lot of packages and prices. Patron Manager can incorporate all of these variations so that it is easy to take orders and concentrate on selling instead of technology. Not only do they have a good on boarding process and work tirelessly to get all the kinks worked out, but the support is ongoing. We started with some basic ticketing and donation features and now that we are more comfortable with that, we are getting into campaigns and more effective reporting and recording ROI right in the system and they are helping us with that as well.

What do you dislike?

Some staff dislike that they need to take time to watch a training video to learn new things (through the help tab right on the home screen). But this is part of the beauty and cost savings of it. It will take them the same amount of time to learn something whether they watch a video or have someone show them the process BUT you don't have to pay extra hours to staff to do the training AND the video is always there (and updated) if they forget something. The only other thing is that I wish the support for non-urgent matters was just a little faster. They promise to get an answer within two weeks and it has always been within a week, but sometimes I wish it was a little shorter.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You really can't go wrong. It's on the Salesforce platform and VERY customer oriented. Super friendly staff that are SO knowledgeable. Their yearly conference is a DO NOT MISS so you can hear how other organizations are using the software and hear about the new features coming out.

Our donations and ticketing is all in one place! When you look at a patron record, you get the complete picture of what they bought, what they donated, touch point activity (calls, emails, messages, etc.) from the past and in the future, even notes about conversations. It also allows me to assign a task to one of my team and when they click on the task, it takes them, right to the person they need to call. It also organizes my subscription sales campaigns and automatically takes out people that don't want to be called or already bought. Tons of applications and reporting styles.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about PatronManager
PatronManager review by Julie G.
Julie G.

"Great CRM system"

What do you like best?

Everything is in one place. It's easy to navigate, plus you can do pretty much everything you need to do in regards to ticketing, donations, and maintaining your database. I've used it in several companies, and it made a huge difference to our fundraising efforts, because we could see what the patron came to and what he liked. Totally opens up a new dialogue when you can track that information in one place. I also liked the ticketing service and the eblast function.

What do you dislike?

It's not as robust as something like Raiser's Edge. However, I don't think every company needs something as complicated and multi-faceted as RE. PatronManager is great for for mid-size to smaller organizations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Depending on what kind of data you need, PatronManager is great for mid-size to smaller organizations. They definitely need to improve their query functions.

Having everything in one place makes a huge difference in how you conduct business.

What Nonprofit CRM solution do you use?

PatronManager review by Michelle M.
Michelle M.

"Excellent Platform for Theatres "

What do you like best?

Everything is all in one. I could sell tickets, sell subscriptions, receive donations and manager the donor database all in one place. Prior to switching to PatronManager we were using three separate platforms.

What do you dislike?

The customer service was amazing when we first started but after a few years we noticed a big lag in response time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Spend time in the admin/development side--it makes a huge difference and really helps when doing various things like pulling reports or creating dashboards.

Having PatronManager allowed us to see the giving history of our donors as well as their ticket purchase history. Having this information in one place allows us to cultivate relationships with our donors and possibly increase their giving capacity.

PatronManager review by Julia M.
Julia M.

"Great for Performing Arts organizations"

What do you like best?

I love how PatronManager tracks donor histories in terms of prior giving, and then pairs that information with what performances they've attended and when they were most recently contacted for a gift. It makes the long-term process of cultivating donors much simpler.

What do you dislike?

PatronManager's interface can be hard to customize; one person on staff does it at my current organization, but others do not because it isn't intuitive.

PatronManager is very good at consolidation, linking accounts, and tracking individuals' gifts.

PatronManager review by User in Performing Arts
User in Performing Arts

"Full rounded management"

What do you like best?

PatronManager is continuously evolving and adding new and amazing features. They have a stellar support staff and great help resources. Because it's built on the Salesforce platform, you get all of the gradual Salesforce updates too. As such, the platform is always evolving in exciting new ways.

What do you dislike?

The SalesForce platform comes with a steep learning curve, but there is a robust library of PatronManager Help articles and training sessions to make user adoption easier.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to learn the system and its capabilities

Segmented emails and direct mail campaigns, robust reporting, attractive mobile ticketing, website integration, etc. Too many benefits to name! And that's just in the marketing department! Our Development Team has used it to manage and track donors and donations, set up recurring donations, manage workflows, etc.

PatronManager review by Patrick L.
Patrick L.

"Fantastic for fundraising in a young adult setting!"

What do you like best?

The fundraising component of patron is just fantastic. Patron allows you to easily spread news about and gain attention for any fundraising project. They make it very easy to gain awareness for your cause and certainly increased fundraising donations for us. They provide a very user friendly online platform to track your fundraising progress.

What do you dislike?

There is not anything I particularly dislike about patron, but I also do not use every one of their functions to the fullest. I found that their awareness broadcasting works well in close communities or young adult communities such as a college campus, but I cannot speak for communities outside of that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use this if you think that you will need help with fund raising in your community! The increase in fundraising we received was easily enough to outweigh the cost. Awareness for your cause is always a good thing.

The primary problem we solved with patron was creating awareness of our universities Asian student organization. I myself am not Asian, however that does not affect the influence someone can have on the group. Patron allowed us to set up a fundraiser that would provide funding for next years events. They allowed us to receive donations from many students and faculty on campus, as well as from other nearby universities. This fundraising is vital for our organizations success in following years, and I can trust patron to be successful for us.

PatronManager review by User

"Better box office sales experience with streamlined CRM"

What do you like best?

Modern interface well suited for box office sales.

What do you dislike?

Some features are not customizable to organization's needs. Customer support is lacking. Generating and customizing reports has a steep learning curve.

Better CRM and tracking of transactions for both box office and development thanks to being built on Salesforce platform.

PatronManager review by User in Museums and Institutions
User in Museums and Institutions

"Better than PatronEdge"

What do you like best?

It's a way better platform than PatronEdge, which is what I was using the past four years. Equally simple ticketing, fewer glitches and stalls.

What do you dislike?

It has more functionalities than I use, but on the other hand I may expand and end up needing those in the future. I just thought fundraising was a bit of a different animal.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a solid system if you're dissatisfied with your current one.

Fast, reliable ticketing system for high volume event services. This is definitely faster than the previous program!

PatronManager review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Quite difficult and not worth the money"

What do you like best?

It is easy to use once you learn how to. The reporting is great and being able to schedule emails is very helpful.

What do you dislike?

Not user friendly at first and once you learn it there are a lot of funny quirks...e.g. if you want to use table of contents but dont want the first box to be the first line(which you cant control the font size, you have to put a random character and make it white.

this was our email provider until we went with another system.

PatronManager review by User in Entertainment
User in Entertainment

"Patron Manager"

What do you like best?

I like Patron Manager's dashboard feature. It gives various options for visually tracking your donations and the types of donations that differs from regular reporting.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how difficult it is to manipulate reports and I also dislike the large margin of error you can face as a user especially if those who used Patron Manager before you had different ideas on how to record certain items.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend using Patron Manager for any big fundraising event from the beginning so you never have to pour in any outside data, which can get quite messy.

Ticketing is made quite simple through Patron Manager.

Learning about PatronManager?

* We monitor all PatronManager reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.