Paychex Flex

Paychex Flex

Paychex reduces the complexity and risk of running your own payroll, while ensuring greater accuracy with up-to-date tax rates and regulatory information.

Work for Paychex Flex?

Learning about Paychex Flex?

Paychex Flex Reviews

Ask Paychex Flex a Question
Showing 297 Paychex Flex reviews
Paychex Flex review by <span>Manjunath A.</span>
Manjunath A.

Paychex Flex Review

What do you like best?

Very simple and easy to use application. It is very easy to provide / check the payroll details, update timesheets, W2 / taxation details, break-down of all the pay benefits.

Easy to generate reports of the all the different entities.

The tax calculations and submission is pretty simple.

The direct deposit functionality works really well, where in you can provide the users with the ability to add multiple bank accounts in order to break the salary up.

What do you dislike?

The UI of paycheck flex is not very interesting. The UI of the pay roll information can be significantly changed to better highlight the ability of the application.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Paychex is a promising application which has a lot of potential. The application is very easy to use for the users, you will hardly need any training before you go live with the implementation of paychex.

I have used paxchex flex for Reporting time sheets, storing the pary roll information of the employees, providing pay checks for the employees which can be later downloaded by the employees.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Paychex Flex
Paychex Flex review by <span>Sarah K.</span>
Sarah K.

The best Payroll software

What do you like best?

The simplicity of processing payroll is wonderful. I love how quickly I can gather the reports needed for my CPA, without searching through data to find exactly what is needed.

What do you dislike?

If it had more integration with other software, that would be nice.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for a Payroll Service to be a PARTNER with you and help your business grow, Paychex Flex is the right solution for all your small business needs. They offer retirement benefits, health benefits, HR Solutions, etc. They truly are the one stop shop for all your business needs.

Paychex Flex gives me the freedom to run my business without having to worry about tax payments, or deductions etc. It also allows to me provide my staff with 401 K easy online access to update their plan. HR Generalist services allow me to reduce my overhead cost but still provide my business with all of it's HR needs.

What Payroll solution do you use?

Paychex Flex review by <span>Morez K.</span>
Morez K.

Paychex is a good start for small businesses with little experience in payroll.

What do you like best?

Paychex is affordable if using the basic features of operating payroll. The web features are simple and requires a two step log-in verification process for extra security.

What do you dislike?

Paychex caters to small business and may assigned you a local expert as your point-of-contact. Not all times this person may be available when needed. In addition, Paychex wants to ensure the product is used correctly... However, this may require needing permission to make changes to your payroll features such as changing dates, company info, and etc. Some people may enjoy the benefits of having extra security when logging in, but after a while it can delay things having to keep verifying yourself and your computer just because a change in IP on the network happens. Paychex also charge a premium on next-day processing for payroll.

Recommendations to others considering the product

What is the size of your business? Paychex may have better features that caters to small businesses. However, how much control you want when it comes to your payroll? Paychex may not be for big businesses that may want more control over their payroll. However, if you need baby steps, paychex will help guide you to the right direction and ensure your payroll remain error free.

Our company is currently using Paychex Flex to process payroll, issues reports, and process paystubs for employees.

Paychex Flex review by <span>Petra F.</span>
Petra F.
Invitation from the software vendor

A must for small and large businesses

What do you like best?

Using Paycheck Flex provides the ease of setting up general hours/overtime.

From there it's always a simple click to process payroll.

Paychex takes care of all tax reporting and deductions. It is almost like having them on staff as they don't miss a beat.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike! We value the support by our Paychex account manager who takes care of everything!

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want a total payroll package, Paychex will be that answer for you. Paytoll, reporting, taxes, etc. is all done for you and you can rest easy.

Paychex is a huge time saver for me. With a simple couple of clicks, payroll is done and submitted.

Staying in federal and state compliance with taxes and reporting are the biggest benefits for me. Paychex is on top of it and I don't have to worry.

Paychex Flex review by <span>Andraya Y.</span>
Andraya Y.

Not the Easiest to Navigate Platform

What do you like best?

At my organization we use Paychex Flex for a retirement service. It is convenient to be able to manage retirement online, and easy to login, make rollovers, requests loans etc.

What do you dislike?

The platform itself is not very user intuitive. At my last job we used the Principal Financial and the online platform and quarterly statements were so easy to use and understand. I've been using Paychex for nearly 3 years and when new staff members come on board I usually volunteer to help them get set up and navigate the platform. It's hard to tell how much the automated service is costing, how much you are putting in vs. return on investments. I wish we would switch to a different system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Perhaps for other features Paychex Flex is a good system, however for using it for retirement, it is sorely lacking in user friendliness, ease of understanding where and how your money is doing and tools to help you make good financial decisions.

We use Paychex as a platform for managing retirement, it gets the job done but isn't very user friendly. There could be other aspects of Paychex that work really well, but the retirement portion is cumbersome and difficult to navigate. I also don't get quarterly statements (emailed or in the mail) about how my retirement is doing, or help offered as to if my funds are on track. At the Principal, these were normal features that I took for granted and really miss.

Paychex Flex review by <span>Darlene C.</span>
Darlene C.
Invitation from the software vendor

BEST payroll company yet!!

What do you like best?

Payroll is the only feature we use currently. I like the overall look and ease of moving around from screen to screen, the ease of entering/changing information. The security is top notch with several levels to log in. I like the ease of switching from client to client.

What do you dislike?

I can't seem to keep the custom payroll view I want no matter what I do. I've made inquiries to support on how to fix this, but to no avail. This is my only complaint.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have only used one other payroll company, but Paychex Flex left them in the dust.

Payroll is much easier using Paychex Flex along with the reporting and yearly tax information. Response time is much better with this company than our last. Rates are also better as well; better discounts offered.

Learn more about Paychex Flex

Paychex Flex Videos

Learning about Paychex Flex?

* We monitor all Paychex Flex reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.