Paychex Flex

Paychex Flex

Paychex reduces the complexity and risk of running your own payroll, while ensuring greater accuracy with up-to-date tax rates and regulatory information.

Work for Paychex Flex?

Learning about Paychex Flex?

Paychex Flex Reviews

Ask Paychex Flex a Question
Showing 330 Paychex Flex reviews
Paychex Flex review by <span>Krystal T.</span>
Krystal T.

"Far below expectations"

What do you like best?

The online payroll system is user friendly and meets expectations. However, the support is just mediocre.

What do you dislike?

Implementation - implementation of payroll was pretty straight forward. HR was difficult. The implementer seemed to be learning as she went. Setting up a toggle for my two companies was a problem when it came to having an employee land on their correct company. It took over a month for them to figure it out. Setting up PTO was very difficult. I wish I had insisted on more experienced implementers and not allowed them to transition me to regular support until they were completely finished. They were in a rush to close their case.

Payroll and HR - The data integration even between the tabs is lacking. User profiles are extremely complicated with several areas to make changes - you almost always have to call your payroll rep for assistance. Then, you have to call HR for assistance with that part of the profile because payroll won't touch HR permissions. It can be a hassle. They also do not offer the feature where you can login as one of your employees to see their view (many other companies offer this). The movement of information between the payroll data section and HR section can make things difficult to manage. You have to be careful because what you input in HR doesn't flow into payroll data. MAKE SURE you hold onto the assigned HR rep during implementation as long as you can. The call center is well intentioned employees who have extremely limited knowledge of the system. You may know more than many of the representatives. They typically have to escalate your questions and it will be a long, frustrating call.

Paychex Benefits - We use Paychex as our broker. I initially made this decision because I believed keeping everything with the same company would provide advantages with integration, customer service and eliminate keying errors I was finding when using an outside broker. This has been the worst vendor decision I have made in my 10 years at this company. The errors and lack of customer service have resulted in embarrassment to me and management as it ultimately affects the employees. Open enrollment was a disaster even with an assigned representative. Your assigned rep will not pick up their phone and will avoid scheduled calls if you don't throw a fit. Enrollments consistently have errors, so you have to pay close attention to your bill from the carrier. I will obviously be looking at other brokers, and possibly a new system all together. I would have already made a change, but the amount of work to change systems is significant when you are an HR department of 1!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely research other products unless you are only looking to use their payroll product. Even then, for the price, you can find other products that offer better customer service at the same or lower price. DEFINITELY don't use Paychex as your broker unless you want a lot more work for yourself...who has time for that?!

Unfortunately, because I have had to spend so much time fixing problems with the system and managing benefits, I haven't had time to build out some of the modules. They do offer some neat modules that could potentially help with different workflows.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Paychex Flex
Paychex Flex review by <span>Tammy K.</span>
Tammy K.

"Contact/Suppport/Help options leave a lot to be desired."

What do you like best?

Over all the product is average - 5 out of 10. Entering in time is the best feature, I like that I can resize columns, save different layouts, etc on the time entry screen.

What do you dislike?

Let's see - If I click on Help > Help, this function doesn't actually work on my Chrome, Safari, Edge, or Firefox browsers. Sometimes one thing may work on one browser, such as "Search", another time something else may work on another browser, such as browsing alphabetically, but the help site overall is very poor and doesn't really do much good. Yes, I have tried no fewer than four browsers and no fewer than three computers, in various combinations.

Training: There's no way to search for the specific topic you're interested in, you can only browse. And the training is very basic.

Contact: You would assume there would be a "contact" button for issues. There isn't. If you click on Help and Having Trouble, it gives you a number to call, but no email so you can send your issue and get on with your day. The impression that I get from that, intended or not, is that they really want to discourage me from contacting them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I made the decision for our company to switch to Paychex when we moved from Quickbooks Enterprise to Sage Intacct, as supposedly Paychex integrates with Sage Intacct. I have asked how to get my payroll information into Intacct but as of yet I have no answer. Also be aware it can take months for the benefit portal to be available for your employees when switching to Paychex Benefits.

Well so far - none. I would like to eventually work up to having a full-service product that handles my payroll, benefits, human resources, and retirement, but so far after six weeks no area is 100% functioning.

What Payroll solution do you use?

Paychex Flex review by <span>Dana K.</span>
Dana K.

"BEST Payroll System Out There"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that there is a great local support team, the system itself is easy to use and implement and I can access reports online 24/7 whenever I need them which makes my life so much easier! I love the Analytics and Reports and Quick Reports section of the website for quickly gathering info and the fact that I can access my Payroll Reports just 15 minutes after I have submitted my payroll. It also saves me so much time by addressing and sending us W-2s for all of our employees. All I have to do is stamp them and mail them out! We also save so much time and headaches with the Tax Pay feature. I never have to worry that they are filed on time and if there are issues, Paychex resolves them quickly.

What do you dislike?

There had been a few times in the past that I had some minor issues getting the Paychex Flex website to load and to work remotely (not on office computers). I did have great help with support though, and was able to access the same info on the app, although the app is not as easy to use on a phone as the full screen website on a computer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For small business that are looking to save time and headaches definitely use the Payroll features as well as Tax Pay services. Probably one of the biggest values we get is the Tax pay, it saves us the worry of having to do the Tax Pay ourselves and if issues do arrive, Paychex handles it and keeps us informed. Their HR program is also phenomenal!

It helps streamline the whole payroll process so much. There's a great support team at Paychex to respond fast when I have any questions and I can access reports later on online which saves me from digging through paper files.

Paychex Flex review by <span>Manjunath A.</span>
Manjunath A.

"Paychex Flex Review"

What do you like best?

Very simple and easy to use application. It is very easy to provide / check the payroll details, update timesheets, W2 / taxation details, break-down of all the pay benefits.

Easy to generate reports of the all the different entities.

The tax calculations and submission is pretty simple.

The direct deposit functionality works really well, where in you can provide the users with the ability to add multiple bank accounts in order to break the salary up.

What do you dislike?

The UI of paycheck flex is not very interesting. The UI of the pay roll information can be significantly changed to better highlight the ability of the application.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Paychex is a promising application which has a lot of potential. The application is very easy to use for the users, you will hardly need any training before you go live with the implementation of paychex.

I have used paxchex flex for Reporting time sheets, storing the pary roll information of the employees, providing pay checks for the employees which can be later downloaded by the employees.

Paychex Flex review by <span>Sarah K.</span>
Sarah K.

"The best Payroll software"

What do you like best?

The simplicity of processing payroll is wonderful. I love how quickly I can gather the reports needed for my CPA, without searching through data to find exactly what is needed.

What do you dislike?

If it had more integration with other software, that would be nice.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for a Payroll Service to be a PARTNER with you and help your business grow, Paychex Flex is the right solution for all your small business needs. They offer retirement benefits, health benefits, HR Solutions, etc. They truly are the one stop shop for all your business needs.

Paychex Flex gives me the freedom to run my business without having to worry about tax payments, or deductions etc. It also allows to me provide my staff with 401 K easy online access to update their plan. HR Generalist services allow me to reduce my overhead cost but still provide my business with all of it's HR needs.

Paychex Flex review by <span>Morez K.</span>
Morez K.

"Paychex is a good start for small businesses with little experience in payroll."

What do you like best?

Paychex is affordable if using the basic features of operating payroll. The web features are simple and requires a two step log-in verification process for extra security.

What do you dislike?

Paychex caters to small business and may assigned you a local expert as your point-of-contact. Not all times this person may be available when needed. In addition, Paychex wants to ensure the product is used correctly... However, this may require needing permission to make changes to your payroll features such as changing dates, company info, and etc. Some people may enjoy the benefits of having extra security when logging in, but after a while it can delay things having to keep verifying yourself and your computer just because a change in IP on the network happens. Paychex also charge a premium on next-day processing for payroll.

Recommendations to others considering the product

What is the size of your business? Paychex may have better features that caters to small businesses. However, how much control you want when it comes to your payroll? Paychex may not be for big businesses that may want more control over their payroll. However, if you need baby steps, paychex will help guide you to the right direction and ensure your payroll remain error free.

Our company is currently using Paychex Flex to process payroll, issues reports, and process paystubs for employees.

Paychex Flex review by <span>Petra F.</span>
Petra F.

"A must for small and large businesses"

What do you like best?

Using Paycheck Flex provides the ease of setting up general hours/overtime.

From there it's always a simple click to process payroll.

Paychex takes care of all tax reporting and deductions. It is almost like having them on staff as they don't miss a beat.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike! We value the support by our Paychex account manager who takes care of everything!

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want a total payroll package, Paychex will be that answer for you. Paytoll, reporting, taxes, etc. is all done for you and you can rest easy.

Paychex is a huge time saver for me. With a simple couple of clicks, payroll is done and submitted.

Staying in federal and state compliance with taxes and reporting are the biggest benefits for me. Paychex is on top of it and I don't have to worry.

Paychex Flex review by <span>Andraya Y.</span>
Andraya Y.

"Not the Easiest to Navigate Platform"

What do you like best?

At my organization we use Paychex Flex for a retirement service. It is convenient to be able to manage retirement online, and easy to login, make rollovers, requests loans etc.

What do you dislike?

The platform itself is not very user intuitive. At my last job we used the Principal Financial and the online platform and quarterly statements were so easy to use and understand. I've been using Paychex for nearly 3 years and when new staff members come on board I usually volunteer to help them get set up and navigate the platform. It's hard to tell how much the automated service is costing, how much you are putting in vs. return on investments. I wish we would switch to a different system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Perhaps for other features Paychex Flex is a good system, however for using it for retirement, it is sorely lacking in user friendliness, ease of understanding where and how your money is doing and tools to help you make good financial decisions.

We use Paychex as a platform for managing retirement, it gets the job done but isn't very user friendly. There could be other aspects of Paychex that work really well, but the retirement portion is cumbersome and difficult to navigate. I also don't get quarterly statements (emailed or in the mail) about how my retirement is doing, or help offered as to if my funds are on track. At the Principal, these were normal features that I took for granted and really miss.

Paychex Flex review by <span>Darlene C.</span>
Darlene C.

"BEST payroll company yet!!"

What do you like best?

Payroll is the only feature we use currently. I like the overall look and ease of moving around from screen to screen, the ease of entering/changing information. The security is top notch with several levels to log in. I like the ease of switching from client to client.

What do you dislike?

I can't seem to keep the custom payroll view I want no matter what I do. I've made inquiries to support on how to fix this, but to no avail. This is my only complaint.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have only used one other payroll company, but Paychex Flex left them in the dust.

Payroll is much easier using Paychex Flex along with the reporting and yearly tax information. Response time is much better with this company than our last. Rates are also better as well; better discounts offered.

Paychex Flex review by <span>Liz S.</span>
Liz S.

"New employee"

What do you like best?

I just started a job in a new town and they use this system. It is just about the easiest system I have seen yet. Everything is in one spot.

What do you dislike?

I have not noticed anything that I do not like since I am just now getting to know the program. I'm sure there are things that other people do not like but so far I have not found any thing. Great so far.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Even though I just started using this application because I was just hired, I can see why this company is using it; it is so easy to use! I would recommend anyone that needs payroll, time tracking, Human Resources, and other services to check this application out for your company.

From what I can see, we are solving communication with Human Resources, viewing paystubs since everything is direct deposit now, viewing important documents, being able to sign things online, and our time cards.

Paychex Flex review by <span>Alana G.</span>
Alana G.

"Easy to use, Most of the time really good service"

What do you like best?

Payroll Specialist assigned to you and that is your go to person. Most of the time you get a hold of them very quickly. With payroll sometimes you have a limited time of the day to get things done and its great to have a go-to person.

They really do try to cater to you and make sure you are helped.

What do you dislike?

The sales people they try to push things onto you. Personal experience had a guy trick the owner into signing something. Didn't know he was signing a contract. An hour after the sale guy left got a call to setup account. Owner said i didn't sign up for anything. Cancelled. Reached out to the sales guy who was told to not push anything through but he did it anyways. Long story short, they took the money out. Was promised a credit had to fight nearly 4 months to get it. Then only got a minimal amount back. Had to call manager's managers and raise hell to get the full 3500 they stole from our account.

Long story short, do not meet sales people then you won't be tricked into something you didn't sign up for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You get a live person right away, no sitting on hold for hours. Easy to use online

Not much benefit. A Payroll company is a payroll company. Its finding one that values their clients that is the hard part.

Paychex Flex review by <span>Yolanda B.</span>
Yolanda B.

"No longer supportive of Paychex brand as a whole"

What do you like best?

As a payroll service, Paychex does what it is supposed to do.

What do you dislike?

If I'd continued utilizing their payroll service only, I would probably still be a satisfied customer. However, the implementation of Time and Attendance (T&A) has left me extremely disappointed in Paychex as brand. It clearly feels like Paychex purchased/developed T&A with no true thought about how the products would work together. For products that are supposed to be "integrated", I spend a lot of time adding things in Payroll then linking in T&A.

The implementation representative kept pushing for us to go live, even though I insisted I would not move forward and have the staff interact with system until issues had resolved. What was even more disappointing that she didn't seem to care or understand my concern. Rolling out a personnel product that has obvious issues extremely diminishes employee buy-in. Her concern was moving it from implementation to live.

The Payroll team does not know what the T&A team do and vice versa which leaves the customer in the middle of trying to sort it out.

We went live with T&A in April and with every payroll we are more disappointed in the integration and instead of complaining to the representatives, will be looking for a new service provider.

(1) while time and attendance indicates overtime it creates an error when pulled over and has to be manually calculated within payroll, (2) while time and attendance indicates unpaid leave it has to be manually calculated, (3) while time and attendance reflects job allocation it became unassigned in payroll, (4) creating/saving reports is fairly useless since you can't edit the date range later, it's permanently based on the date(s) when creating the report.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As a payroll provider, Paychex does what it is intended to do. However, it you're implementing other products, please do your research and talk with references that are using the product.

We needed a tool that would automate the salary allocation and directly import that information into the accounting system. While Paychex Flex does do that, the issues that we have and the work arounds we perform to get to that point the benefit is highly diminished.

Paychex Flex review by <span>Nick H.</span>
Nick H.

"Disappointing is an understatement"

What do you like best?

Our employees receive a paycheck every 2 weeks

What do you dislike?

There isn't enough time to discuss all of what I dislike about Paychex Flex. The inability to create and/or enter future-dated actions is nothing short of ludicrous. Since we pay in arrears (I tend to think most organizations do) and Paychex Flex does not allow us to terminate an employee until their final paycheck is produced, depending on how the payroll period dates and pay dates fall, we may actually be terminating someone from our payroll system up to 3 weeks after the fact. The same goes for putting people on Leave. We have to have them as "Active" until they've received their regular payroll checks so again someone may be out on FMLA for example, but Paychex Flex does not show that until perhaps after their leave is already over and they've returned to work.

The EEO reporting is terrible. The general/custom reporting is not helpful because it pulls in data from multiple sources and none of which matches with each other. The Payroll "side" and "HR" side don't match up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We just completed a complete review of our HRIS system and will be dropping Paychex Flex by the end of the year. I cannot in good faith recommend such a poor product. I've worked in HR for more than 10 years with 3 different organizations and it is by far the worst platform I've ever experienced. Some of the items that should be "no brainers" for HR purposes are simply an afterthought, at best, with Paychex Flex.

We used to run our Payroll in house, but since outsourced it using Paychex Flex so it's helping with tax reporting to an extent. Their ACA reporting does NOT help though!

Paychex Flex review by <span>Marcella H.</span>
Marcella H.

"Best Payroll Service "

What do you like best?

Paychex is such a great payroll service, their website is easily navigated and offers reports for all situations!

What do you dislike?

There are too many numbers to call. I would like to be able to call one person and that person should be able to assist me with my questions and troubles.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have recommended this product to several of my business contacts. I have used other payroll programs in the past and Paychex is the best!

We have employees who clock in at our facility, but we also have several who travel. The mobile clock in makes it easy for the travelers hours to be calculated instead of needing to enter the hours upon their return.

Paychex Flex review by <span>Lara L.</span>
Lara L.

"Resource for small businesses that streamlines payroll"

What do you like best?

As an employee, Paychex provides an easy and accessible system to read and review both current paychecks and historical paychecks. I love how the system also has an mobile app for easy referencing. I have no problem navigating the system, and I would recommend this product to organizations that are small in size for easy communication to their employees. This system is also paperless, which is also a plus.

What do you dislike?

There is truly nothing that I dislike about the product, since the needs of the organization in which I work are simple.

No paper is used in the printing and mailing of paychecks or paystubs. There is less risk of identity theft since paper materials are not used. This system reduces costs in both postage, paper usage, employee time and effort, and time reporting. This product encourages efficiency where small businesses need it.

Paychex Flex review by <span>Kimberly  S.</span>
Kimberly S.

"Practice Manager"

What do you like best?

The knowledge of the team and the efficient nature that they work. The responsiveness of the representative is great, any and all questions I have get answered quickly. After months of working together the comfort level to ask questions and add services has grown.

What do you dislike?

The approach to sell their other services is overwhelming and too much information all at once. A smaller office with no first hand experience could get lost in the shuffle of the "sale" to branch out into other products and services. The pressure of the "discounted" rate or the "bundled" package it a bit much and the approach is pushy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't let the sales pressure overwhelm you. Gradually add on the services you want.

It is nice to have a knowledgeable company work for you to be compliant with payroll and taxes. It is easy to learn as you go knowing the team is behind you making sure that you take the correct steps for your employees and the government. One less thing to worry about when all the overwhelming aspects of running a small business come up.

Paychex Flex review by Administrator in Civil Engineering
Administrator in Civil Engineering

"Financial Manager"

What do you like best?

The concept of it all was really great. We came from doing in-house payroll and manually tracking resumes. We were excited to streamline.

What do you dislike?

Almost everything. It's very clunky to work with. The mobile app doesn't work very well - you have to keep uninstalling and installing for your notifications to work and for check stubs to appear. There is not one file for the the employee since their HR and PR systems are different (meaning you can't look at everything about an employee in one place). You also have to purchase additional licenses to give access to needed areas of the software. You have to purchase offer letters separately, even when you purchase Applicant Tracking and Onboarding. There are just too many "work around's" needed because of all the modules not being from one single platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider other applications. All the features are not Paychex's. They are 3rd party providers that you deal with (MyStaffingPro for example). Paychex also doesn't tell you about all the hidden costs if you need more access. If you have multiple health insurance plans they have a really hard time with that, also with tax coding. If you are even remotely complex I urge you to consider another option. They will not be a good fit for you. We are leaving after being live (with PR & applicant tracking - nothing else is live yet) after 6 months.

We were trying to streamline the process from applicant tracking to onboarding, to payroll. It has created problems that were never there with doing everything in-house. So we have not realized any benefit.

Paychex Flex review by <span>Pam L.</span>
Pam L.

"Fast and accurate service"

What do you like best?

After experiencing payroll through Gusto, I was very hesitant to try another company to do our payroll. However, they have proved me wrong in every aspect of their service. To start with, they came to our business to get us set up and spent hours with us to make sure everything was correct on our first go live. Additionally, we send our payroll to the same person all the time and he is very thorough. He follows through with correcting anything that is wrong. Very friendly and kind.

What do you dislike?

Absolutely nothing! I am a pretty critical employer so that means a lot.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Paychex is a little more expensive than some other payroll companies, but it is well worth it. This is one of those cases where you get what you pay for. Unfortunately, I had to learn that the hard way.

We are a small company that was in desperate need of human resources. We purchased that package which has been extremely helpful Again, I am able to utilize the same person all the time and she will actually come to our company if I need her to help with employee relations. She has helped us develop a new employee handbook, which is very exciting. Paychex is up on all the newest HR law issues and makes sure that we are in compliance.

Paychex Flex review by User

"Best time management tool"

What do you like best?

I like best that we can manage anything to do with payroll, benefits, retirement, etc... We are able to keep all of these in one area and are all easily accessible. We can view all of our paystubs and even print anything we need from Paychex Flex. You can access on a mobile device as well.

What do you dislike?

Having to chose long passwords that we may not remember is a pain and having to re-enter all the login credentials each time you log in. I do not carry a notebook with all my passwords and it would be nice if the mobile app had a pin to log in option so we do not have to enter username and password everytime we log in.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend this software to manage payroll and human resource related items.

OUr Human Resource department does not have to search for pay stubs or W2 forms nor paid time off. Each employee can go in with their own login credentials to view their personal information at any time they would like.

Paychex Flex review by <span>Leah F.</span>
Leah F.

"Incredible ease of use"

What do you like best?

Paychex made payroll easy and incredibly reliable. The personal attention I received from this company was superb. There was more than one occasion when I have failed to complete some aspect of payroll administration in time, and my Paychex representative was helpful and reassuring. I am immeasurably grateful to this company.

What do you dislike?

I have very few dislikes - the company was personal, responsive, easy to track and understand and had an excellent learning curve. It was easy to learn and easy to teach my replacement.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Paychex Flex is an important tool for anyone responsible for administrating payroll and general HR for a company. The support staff at Paychex was important to me for helping me get on board with the tools and features in Paychex. Everything was easy to understand and easy to navigate.

We solved the problem of easy and reliable payroll administration. Paychex Flex allowed us to combine our payroll administration, 401(k) administration, and taxes all in one place. We benefitted enormously from their services and support.

Paychex Flex review by Administrator in Accounting
Administrator in Accounting

"Frustrating and Outdated"

What do you like best?

I like that they have live chat for support, as I often find I need support. I also appreciate that you can do template uploads for new hires, deductions, etc, but I wish it was easier. Wage garnishments are easy as well and I like that they handle payments.

What do you dislike?

The UI is old and clunky, pulling reports is a chore, and not much of the software is intuitive. The reports are particularly frustrating, as whenever I'm looking for reports I need them ASAP and half the time I have to call and get support to email them.

While sometimes I get a good support person, I also find their customer service maddening. We have to ask over and over for things to be taken care of, and staff don't typically volunteer additional information that would be helpful--I have to call back when I discover a secondary problem only to realize that the first person I spoke to could have warned me about it.

We run payroll for a large client on Paychex. I'm hoping to move the client off in the near future.

Paychex Flex review by Administrator

"Paychex Flex Offers Convenience"

What do you like best?

As the administrator, I like being able to input my payroll, make changes and run reports, without having to make a phone call. As an employee, I like being able to make changes and view current balances in benefit accounts. The very best thing is that all the information is in one place.

What do you dislike?

I do not like having my personal account joined to my administrator account.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Paychex Flex allows you to manage payroll and benefits all in one place. By using it as an administrator, it allows me to train employees to use it more easily. My Paychex payroll and HR specialists offer great support when I have questions.

Submitting payroll online saves time and reduces errors. Going paperless allows me to print only the reports I need to document each payroll. Also, I can access reports very soon after submitting payroll, so I can post it to the general ledger at my convenience. Allowing employees to access all their payroll and information benefits directly, and to manage their own accounts, saves me an enormous amount of time.

Paychex Flex review by <span>Desiree H.</span>
Desiree H.

"Paychex has saved my sanity"

What do you like best?

The FRIENDLY service and the promo responses. Even when we had a problem with a payroll period, it was resolved in a timely manner.

What do you dislike?

The website is not as intuitive as I would like. It took some time to get used to it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend! The service has been superior and the problems (relative to other services we use as a business) are minimal to non existent. This will save you a tremendous amount of time and it is very affordable considering the cost.

It is saving me a ton of time and stress with payroll and employee tracking. I do not worry about many things I was worried about earlier this year.

Paychex Flex review by <span>Danielle P.</span>
Danielle P.

"Disastrous Implementation in January"

What do you like best?

Theoretically, Paychex Flex integrates with many other Paychex offerings such as health benefits and 401k, providing a one-stop-shop app where you can run everything. I also like that the reporting is pretty robust. The Readychex offering is great, enabling all payroll to come out at once rather than waiting for employee checks to roll in. The app is nice looking when it isn't slow.

What do you dislike?

Paychex the company does not seem ready to handle the many different offerings available for one app, especially at the busiest time of year. For every offering you have to deal with a different specialist, first an implementation specialist, then a more permanent specialist. So one implementation specialist for payroll, one for health, one for the general ledger service, one of retirement services, one for HR who doesn't really do anything etc. And then you'll be transferred to someone else for each department after a few weeks. Maybe this would be tolerable if setup went smoothly but they all make many, many mistakes.

The app is not very intuitive and in many ways Paychex encourages you to contact your specialist (depending on which department you need) for everything. So if you prefer to just handle things yourself, especially when you can probably do it better, you're not going to get that with this app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not take on too many of their services at once, even though that's the main reason to use Paychex Flex. They can't handle the implementation. If you sign up, carefully check everything they do, because they made many mistakes in our implementation. My main recommendation is use something else. Even ADP was better.

It created many more problems than it solved and cost a lot of money in the process. There were no benefits.

"Paychex Flex Review"

What do you like best?

I like that the look and feel of the program. I also like that you can use it for multiple companies interchangeably. Once you get the feel for payroll it runs simply

What do you dislike?

It definitely takes time to learn to move around the program. It is not always common sense and some things that should be a quick click take extra effort just to locate

Recommendations to others considering the product

Paychex Flex should listen to their customers and add the needed report functions. We also should receive a backup of all of our old information so we don't have to call or email someone every time we need access to our old files. The implementation team should receive better training- since the switch to Flex we have run into countless problems because of lack of communication on their part.

We use Paychex Flex for payroll and commissions which is easy to use together or separately. We also use it to run reports about all of our employees.

Paychex Flex review by <span>Kristen S.</span>
Kristen S.

"Easy way to Submit Your PTO with your Employer and track time off"

What do you like best?

I like that it's easy to see and track the time off you accumulate.

What do you dislike?

I'm not sure that my supervisor receives notification to remind her of time off requests.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would suggest this as an easy way to track employees hours instead of having them submit excel spreadsheets. The access for both employee and supervisor and so easy to enter and approve items. It's quick and I don't think it's very expensive to use. We have 8 offices and it makes accounting and payroll much easier for both HR and accounting employees to do their jobs. The only thing I'm not sure about is messages coming to your email to alert you to employees turning in or requesting PTO for approval. That may be something that can be done, I know my supervisor don't always know that I asked for time off unless I remind her.

This is an easy online way to track hours and receive time off. You can receive messages, run reports, track time off... and the easy use of the home page is attractive.

Paychex Flex review by <span>Richard J. S.</span>
Richard J. S.

"Incompetent Payroll Company"

What do you like best?

Sadly, there is not one feature that we liked regarding this company.

What do you dislike?

Everything. Our payroll started January 2, 2017. By April 7, 2017 we cancelled our services. We were set up for bi-weekly payroll and sadly they were unable to process one payroll successfully and correctly. We have 4 employees (we are a start up) in 4 states. They did not file for 2 of the employees in 2 states and filed in a state where we do not have a single employee. Employees were not paid the correct amount. The final straw was when they ran the same payroll twice, yes twice! This was done within 3 days of each other and you can imagine the results to the bank account of a start up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not consider this company. Find a reliable, competent company to process your payroll.

We simply wanted to run payroll.

Paychex Flex review by <span>Victoria C.</span>
Victoria C.

"User friendly "

What do you like best?

I liked that the software was intuitive. Not hard to use at all. There are a lot of different modules to organize your employees into departments, see where how much money is going where, etc.

What do you dislike?

No way to delete old employees from lists. Almost too many features, a little overwhelming at first. Not much to dislike about this software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This can be an awesome tool to use for payroll. I was able to do payroll for 53 employees at ease.

It lays your information out in a clear, organized way. I used to feel like everything was all over the place but not anymore.

Paychex Flex review by Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management
Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Makes my job easier, less hassle to accomplish payroll"

What do you like best?

As an Executive Director of a small non-profit and employee of one (me), it takes away the responsibility of processing payroll and all the associated taxes, deductions and configuring out of my hands. Leaves more time to focus on my other work, as my main job is not focused on accounting or payroll/HR requirements. It is helpful to have tax deductions and worker's comp payments made directly and electronically as well.

What do you dislike?

The staff changes much too frequently and we are constantly getting assigned a new payroll specialist that will also never reach out to me again after that first email welcoming them aboard and managing my account. I don't necessarily need help, but if I were to require something, I never have any idea who to call. When I call in, unless you know a person's name, it takes them much too long to figure out who my account is actually assigned to at the moment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

none at this time

Nothing major - it is nice to be able to download and import the general ledger journal entries for QuickBooks, but that is about all the benefit I see from using PayChex Flex. Having online access to my account is nice as well. Other services that are offered just are not relevant to my business at this time. If we were a large company, maybe I would see the need to track time management within PayChex for instance.

Paychex Flex review by <span>Terri P.</span>
Terri P.

"VP of HR and Payroll with extensive hands-on experience"

What do you like best?

The HR support received was amazing! Also, the supervisor I was able to interact with (after we left them for another company/platform) was also amazing. These individuals provided great, truly outstanding customer support.

What do you dislike?

Not being able to create my own special reports; having to deal with a rep that wasn't very experienced, and many times rude; the inability to be able to obtain benefits quotes or estimates without needing to go through the benefits people (2), who were nice, but very busy, so it took days to hear back sometimes; I could never speak "live" to anyone in the Tax Department after realizing a critical report wasn't submitted to the Fed and a State government. I finally had to deal with the government agencies on my own, and am still dealing with this challenge. We now have the ability for new hires to complete nearly all new hire documents via on-line, including benefits enrollment. Our staff is also able to make changes to their personal info, such as address changes, 401K enrollment/changes, etc. We weren't able to do that with Paychex Flex.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have someone outside of the provider giving you input about the product. If you don't fully know what you need, you will be sold a product that may be great for another company, but frustrating for you to work with. You also need to make sure you have the right day-to-day rep. If there's a Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) on their staff, ask for that person. Our rep didn't understand some of the challenges and interacting and coming to a beneficial conclusion was difficult many times. The person's supervisor was Amazing!! I got to work with her after we decided to leave Paychex. Also, our HR Rep was absolutely incredible! She was knowledgeable, personable, and wonderful to work with! She was so great I wrote a letter to her leaders letting them know she was not at fault for our move. The other thing to watch out for is the benefits package we had through Paychex. I could never get a rate for pre-new hires because it was an age-banded program. The only way to obtain a quote on benefits was to obtain info that was illegal to ask for during the pre-employment process. Then I had to wait to receive a quote. Much too time consuming!

The 401K program was great. The legal updates from the HR rep were always outstanding and very timely.

Paychex Flex review by Administrator in Accounting
Administrator in Accounting

"Basic payroll service for basic business"

What do you like best?

Paychex is a well-known name in the payroll industry that offers functionality geared toward small businesses to help facilitate their payroll processing to a third party.

What do you dislike?

Customer service. It would be one thing if the only problem with Paychex was it's technology, but customer service is severely lacking and that is for all Paychex services. We tried using their ACA reporting team with disastrous effects! We have used their TaxPay services where they have failed to remit tax information to states on our behalf and dealt with Paychex red tape to get it fixed for almost 12 months. And I cannot fail to mention the error in submitting an employee garnishment to the wrong state! The tool may work for what you need, but be prepared to be a babysitter for any problems that may arise.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Seriously consider the cost/benefit of Paychex. They may be cheap in fees, but you get what you pay for. Buyer beware! The tool is useful but the errors they make and the lack of a positive customer service relationship should factor into your decision.

Paychex is a basic platform for payroll processing by a third-party. Nothing fancy or special. Just a basic platform for mid-market companies, and they'll tell you that all day long.

Paychex Flex review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Horrible product and worse customer service."

What do you like best?

The one thing I have no problem with is payroll tax filings.

What do you dislike?

The systems themselves are antiquated and don't flow in a user friendly way. Their customer service is absolutely some of the worst I have dealt with. we have a different account manager for each separate area. I have to keep a contact sheet to know who to contact for HR, time and attendance, payroll, and benefit questions. I have never had one of those AMs actually answer a phone call and usually end up receiving better service from the help desk. The implementation for each system was terribly unorganized and the training was nonexistent. I will never recommned or implement paychex at a company I work for. I have only used their services because the Accountant prior to me implemented them for payroll. I have used their HR, onboarding, time and attendance, benefits, etc. and am disappointed every time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are many other options out there now for small companies: Gusto, Namely, . Paychex product and support is truly one of the worst experiences I've had. I will continue to try and get every company that I can away from this product.

The only problem they solve for us right now it payroll taxes. They have caused me more harm than good.

Paychex Flex review by <span>Jennifer T.</span>
Jennifer T.

"Dental Practice Administrator"

What do you like best?

What I like best about Paychex is their customer service. It seems like every week their is some sort of problem with the hours reported, vacation or sick time or some special situation, and I end up calling for assistance or help to correct or change something. Not only my personal payroll specialist, but every person that I have ever spoken to has been enormously helpful and corrected whatever problem I had...right on the spot! We used to use ADP and in seemed that everytime we had a problem, especially right after the payroll was sent, they would tell me there was nothing they could do except re-run the payroll, with a whole second set of charges for doing so. Paychex actually has a 15 minute processing window, in case you have any changes that need to be made.

In my busy day, I always love hearing, " Yes, I can help you with that." Thanks Paychex!

What do you dislike?

The website. They have been working on it and trying to improve on it for quite some time. I think they still need to make it simpler and more user friendly. Very hard to navigate and switch from screen to screen.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Paychex employees will go out of their way to resolve any issues you may have to your absolute satisfaction. They will treat you like a neighbor always, and not like a number.

I am able to do payroll from any computer be it at work or at home, so I am able to spend my time working directly with my patients and not on the processing of the payroll.

Paychex Flex review by <span>Ruella M.</span>
Ruella M.

"My Experience with paychex- "

What do you like best?

I am able to login and view my paycheck from any laptop, not needed to check from my work laptop. I can even login through my phone. Additionally it is secure as it sends me a verification code for each login.

What do you dislike?

Bad customer support. I requested help in refunding SSN tax, which had been deducted by a mistake of Paychex, they refused to do it. they also did not send me the W2. I had to call multiple times to receive it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

bad customer service

Small companies are able to outsource their payroll to third party vendors and concentrate on their main business

Paychex Flex review by <span>Melissa P.</span>
Melissa P.

"Paychex Review"

What do you like best?

It's pretty customizable for the needs of our company. We have contractors and needed to report on their expenses broken down by several categories. This was easy to do by making a request to their tech team.

What do you dislike?

Even with the new update it still looks like an antiquated system. We are actually getting ready to switch to Gusto Payroll and t-sheets for time tracking. I'm big on platforms that can integrate easily. Also, they need to update their policies to let users run extra payrolls without fees. Most other companies do this. What I dislike the MOST is that employees cannot register themselves!!! This adds so much extra admin work for me as I am the only HR person at my company.

The biggest benefit to me as an HR person is having a personal account manager to call when I need help or have questions. She's usually pretty responsive.

Paychex Flex review by <span>Sarah C.</span>
Sarah C.

"Unbelievably Helpful"

What do you like best?

Human Resources tips and WebEx's are so helpful! I have learned so much about the HR world. They keep me on my toes so that I know I am up to date on the latest practices.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how high the bill can get! - But honestly, you can pick and choose the features you want to utilize and your bill is determined on how many of these features your business wants or needs.

Paychex Flex does most of the work for me during payroll. I can be confident that all of the legalities are being followed and I'm not concerned that I'm missing something.

Paychex Flex review by <span>Priscilla M.</span>
Priscilla M.

"Small Business Easy"

What do you like best?

Easy to use and Your Payroll Specialist is a phone call or email away and always willing to help.

What do you dislike?

There are fees for each employee to be in the system are a bit more than I would care to pay.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is nice to have all of your needs in one for a small business, they take care of filing some of the important paperwork to the government on our behave which is nice.

We have payroll covered, Health insurance, and Workmans comp. They were very helpful when dealing with an employee that was persist in applying for unemployment when not eligible.

Paychex Flex review by <span>Joseph B.</span>
Joseph B.

"Convenient and supportive"

What do you like best?

Paychex Flex is a great app because it communicates easily with the normal online payroll, and it updates almost instantly from what I can tell. So if a component needs to be entered in from my computer, I can still get payroll started and switch.

What do you dislike?

There is a save delay, in other words upon hitting save, there is a delay during which anything else you select will not work.

We are frequently not opened on the day that payroll must be processed. Paychex Flex allows us easy access to payroll when we are not in the office from wherever we may be.

Paychex Flex review by <span>Susan D.</span>
Susan D.

"Paychex Experience"

What do you like best?

I love the ease of payroll. My rep Courtney emails me for payroll and I easily email her my numbers back. It is super simple, the reporting is great and I never have issues. Everyone is super friendly and helpful.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike. Everything is awesome!

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a complete payroll system that is easy to use and gives you everything you need.

I have a very small business so there aren't many things I need. Everything I have from Paychex has been great and very easy to manage.

Paychex Flex review by <span>Anna P.</span>
Anna P.

"Great"

What do you like best?

I love the ongoing relationship I have had with paychex from day one, all the new features that come up over the years have all been great. My payroll specialist is at my beck and call at all times, she is the best whether on the phone or via email. I tend to bug a lot and she is very quick to respond to all of my needs.

What do you dislike?

My only issue with paychex is that I build good relationships with certain individuals and then I find out they no longer work there, I had lost several payroll specialists in the past and was very bothered by that so hopefully I get to stay with my current payroll specialist without having to start over again.

Time accumulation issues with staff was always a problem, vacation and sick is now visible to them at all times which saves me time from having to work them on a regular basis to figure it out for them, no micromanaging needed with this system.

Paychex Flex review by User in Mental Health Care
User in Mental Health Care

"Paychex for Time Tracking"

What do you like best?

The graphics for paid time off were a nice touch and the ease of seeing clock in and out times proved helpful. It was also nice to have a running balance of paid time off and personal leave when planning ahead for vacations.

What do you dislike?

The clock in, clock out system through the mobile application was frustrating to use. It can be off at times and fail to register correct times. I have also noticed that the employees at our company are unable to clock in and out at certain locations, which is difficult because we have several sites.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Focus on implementation of Paychex for the company and employees. There are many things the system is able to do, but without knowledge of this, the potential ends up wasted.

The payroll department enjoys the ease of paychecks being cut for the correct amounts to employees and being able to produce tax documents on the spot.

Paychex Flex review by <span>Lyndsay W.</span>
Lyndsay W.

"Paychex is by far superior to all others!"

What do you like best?

What I like best about using Paychex Flex is the ease of the system and the availability.

What do you dislike?

The only complaint that I have is that it becomes time consuming when entering multiple additional checks. But that is understandable bc of so many extra steps needed to perform the act. Nothing wrong with the program itself.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are needing to have a functioning payroll processing program that can be done with little set up and tremendous support, Paychex Flex will meet your needs.

Payroll has been what we use Paychex Flex

Paychex Flex review by <span>Lisa K.</span>
Lisa K.

"Great Service...Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

I like that everything is streamlined!! Doing my payroll has never been easier... all I have to do is click on the paychex website and start my payroll and taxes are taken out and paid on the spot. No need to go to multiple places to enter payroll and then go do payroll taxes elsewhere.

What do you dislike?

Haven't found anything I dislike yet...

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely a good choice!! Saves me so much time and hassle

Saving SO MUCH time not having to manually enter payroll, federal and state taxes, and fill out W-2/1099 Forms. Prior to paychex, I was entering my payroll manually into a log book, and then hand writing checks, and then paying quarterly taxes via separate websites (Federal, State, SS, etc.). Paychex takes care of EVERYTHING...including sending all of my end of year forms on-time!!!

Paychex Flex review by User in Mental Health Care
User in Mental Health Care

"Efficient and reliable quick information "

What do you like best?

This software allows you to easily navigate my personal information and provides me with quick access to any information I need at the palms of my hand . The ability to download pay stubs and plans makes it convenient for an on the go person

What do you dislike?

The app makes me sign in every time . Although I understand that secure connections are important it can be difficult when trying to remove my password . This issue was fixed with turn on face recognition of my iPhone

Recommendations to others considering the product

The ease of the software gives more time for other important things to do at the office besides printing out pay stubs

Payroll and paycheck stubs as well as ability to see pto and sick time and important tax information

Paychex Flex review by <span>Meredith  P.</span>
Meredith P.

"Paychex completely meets all of our payroll needs"

What do you like best?

Every contact I have with Paychex is helpful, professional, and courteous. My payroll specialist answers all of my questions thoroughly and when it's a question for another department, she personally connects me with the right person (versus just giving me another number to call). Our HR specialist is amazing and checks in with us on a regular basis making sure we are covering all of our bases and our employees' needs are met as well.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing about Paychex I don't like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We have added many of the products and services Paychex offers and we have been pleased with each one. The service is amazing!

Paychex Flex helps me see the information I need to manage our books and employees efficiently.

Paychex Flex review by Administrator in Food & Beverages
Administrator in Food & Beverages

"Great payroll service for a small business on a budget"

What do you like best?

Paychex Flex is great because they take care of everything for me. I started a business with my family and did not know anything about payroll and all of the complexities that go along with it. I can rest assured that all of my taxes will be submitted and everything will be handled by their team.

What do you dislike?

I often have trouble getting paper checks delivered on time. They charge a fee for paper checks (presumably to cover the postage), but so far, they arrive late about 25% of the time. This means I can't pay my employees on time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommended for a small business

Paychex and Paychex Flex let me focus on my business by taking care of all my payroll needs. All I have to do is tell them how many hours my employees worked and they take care of the rest.

Paychex Flex review by <span>Ali G.</span>
Ali G.

"Decent all in one solution "

What do you like best?

Functionality covers most of what we need. Time and Labor, Benefits, Human Resources/Company Information, great reports.

What do you dislike?

Not very user friendly and volume is so high the system seems to crash more than it ought to, making for time consuming manual adjustments to PTO, hours worked, etc. Also the fact that PTO requests can only go to one person, it would be nice if they could route to more than one person, say, an admin and manager. Also, the performance piece could use a serious overhaul. We use separate software for performance reviews due to limited functionality in Paychex.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good tool minus performance piece. We've been trying to switch from Paychex to another solution for 3 years but not many compare. Great reporting features, great for Human Resources management and benefits. Needs improved GUI and can be more user friendly.

Reporting piece gives important data about current employees, past employees, helps with succession planning, employee tracking, etc.

Paychex Flex review by <span>Alicia G.</span>
Alicia G.

"Payroll is confusing, but with Paychex, I don't have to understand it!"

What do you like best?

I really enjoy how helpful and down to earth the people are at Paychex. There are so many rules that comes with Payroll - it really is a specialty. The great thing about Paychex is that they know what they're doing, and you can relax and know that payroll is being done correctly and you can focus on the other aspects of your business. The reports they provide are very easy to read, and it makes it easy for accountants to correctly report the payroll each pay period.

What do you dislike?

There isn't something to dislike! The people are knowledgeable, friendly, and timely. The reports are clear and concise. What more could you want? It's great!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I've worked with a number of payroll companies throughout my years as a CPA, and by far Paychex has the cleanest website, the best easy-to-read reports, and the nicest employees. If you want to know your payroll is done right, use Paychex.

We specialize in accounting services for our clients, and we know where are strengths are, and payroll processing was not something we wanted to focus our time on. We can help our clients in different ways, and payroll is such a specialized field, we wanted to place our clients into hand we can trust. The great thing about Paychex is that not only are they fantastic with our clients, they also are wonderfully responsive and helpful for our bookkeepers as they make sure the financial information is stated correctly. They save our bookkeepers time and our clients sanity, so we are extremely pleased!

Paychex Flex review by <span>Darla T.</span>
Darla T.

"BEWARE - DO NOT USE PAYCHEX FLEX SPENDING ACCOUNT!!!!"

What do you like best?

In my own personal experience, I have not found anything that I can honestly say that I like the best.

What do you dislike?

The two times I have attempted to utilize support over the phone, I have been misinformed and not given adequate service. I had a medical procedure at an ENT in December 2016. I downloaded the receipt that the Dr. gave me. I was told by Paychex that the receipt was not adequate. I downloaded it again. I was told again that it was inadequate. I got a new receipt that we much more detailed from the doctor and downloaded this new receipt (it is now January 2017) I was told that this claim had now been denied and I could not use the new more detailed receipt. I now had to pay Paychex back the $35 co-pay that they sent out (they froze my new 2017 account until this $35 was repaid). I repaid the $35 dollars; however, it is not a new year and this money is now lost to my account according to Paychex. When I called support I received no help in this matter. Paychex Flex spending account has actually cost me money, not saved me money. It was a valid medical appointment, it was a valid receipt. I do not understand how this could not have been taken care of. DO NOT USE PAYCHEX FLEX SPENDING ACCOUNT!!!!

I obviously am not solving any business problems with Paychex Flex - I am creating them.

Paychex Flex review by User

"The ease of Paychex Flex."

What do you like best?

The best thing about paychex flex is the ease of use and having the quick access to available time off. To be able to calculate my time off and time on so quickly makes my life easy when it comes to collecting my time at my desk. The ability to review sick, vacation and holiday time is very nice and it is amazing to see the accrued time and the time used.

What do you dislike?

That you cannot access time and attendance until you are local within a certain server range. When on vacation there is no way to go in to check time usage. I am not a manager on this program but if that is also the issue for them I could see it raising an issue while individuals are on travel or vacation to approve certain time.

I use Paychex Flex to account for my time worked. It is nice to have everything within the same screen.

Paychex Flex review by <span>MICHAEL F.</span>
MICHAEL F.

"5 star reviews say it all"

What do you like best?

The service. My relationship manager is Lisa Medina, and she is fantastic. Many of the people in her department have been there for many years. Lisa and her colleagues really know and understand our payroll needs. Special requests are never a problem, even if they are urgent or at the last minute. If there is an error or problem, which is VERY infrequent, I receive immediate assistance and attention until it is resolved, even after hours if there is a true need, which is hardly ever.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike IMHO i have thoroughly enjoyed and appreciated our customer experience

Our payroll is done accurately and ontime. We don't have to worry about payroll tax calculation, withholding, or remitting, or about preparing complicated payroll tax returns that are changing all the time. When we need a special report for Obamacare red tape compliance, or even for reviewing vacation or sick leave utilization by an individual employee, we get the data very quickly.

Paychex Flex review by <span>Casey S.</span>
Casey S.

"Not Concerned about Small Business Accounts"

What do you like best?

We really like having all of our payroll processed and available online (previously we used an accounting firm without this functionality). Processing payroll is fairly simple and once you know the different processes to handle out-of-the-norm situations it's really easy to use. However - you need to have a specialist walk you though how to do certain things as they are not included in any training videos.

What do you dislike?

There are many things:

1) Since our implementation 5 months ago we've had 5 different payroll specialists. Each time they're "moved to a different position". Being passed around from person to person makes us feel like we're not a priority for PayChex and worse, that they really don't care about their performance or customer experience/satisfaction.

2) When we finally get a payroll specialist - getting them to do anything is like pulling teeth. I asked one person to look into our TOA policies on a Tuesday - his response was he would do that on Friday because he doesn't think he'll be that busy on that day. Umm, I'm sorry, I didn't realize actually doing something one of your paying clients has asked for (and is paying for) was such an inconvenience.

3) The original setup of our payroll system went fairly smoothly, however, setting up the Time Off Policies is still an on-going and extremely frustrating process. The accruals were entered into their system incorrectly from the beginning and each time we request to have the policy accruals corrected we get zero response from our current specialist and then we suddenly get a new specialist. It's basic math skills setting up vacation and sick accruals - yet no one at this company seems to know how to do it.

4) The website needs some help - it's very clunky and not super intuitive.

5) We were looking to use PayChex for HR as well, but it seems like its way more trouble than it's worth. Speaking of worth... the cost of this service is way too much considering the headaches its caused us. (it's 3 times more expensive than our last service).

Recommendations to others considering the product

FInd a different company that will actually support you with a solid and highly trained support staff.

We were looking to streamline our payroll and time off accruals as well as have an HR portal all in one place for our employees. So far the only benefit is having electronic access to our payroll reports.

Paychex Flex review by <span>Kierce B.</span>
Kierce B.

"convenient"

What do you like best?

being able to easily access our company through the website and input the data quickly. Our rep is also very good, she keeps up with me if she notices i'm running late on payroll.

What do you dislike?

The website has a bad habit of going down for maintenance or simply crashing at the worst times. Their tech support and customer service team is almost never up to date with what's going on regarding the crashes, have no answers when you call for it, and slow to respond to inquiries online via their ticket system and social media. For example, the system crashed for the last payroll of the year in 2015. Website was down for 10+ hours. Called in to tech support, no one had any answers. Sent an email through the ticket system.. received a response about it 3 days later.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you know your rep and whether or not they seem qualified enough to help your needs. If not, request a new one. Watch for random fees.

Ultimately it's nice to have payroll covered with a rep who is actively paying attention. A big benefit is the submitting of our business taxes for us, it's one less thing to worry about in the day to day.

Paychex Flex review by User in Accounting
User in Accounting

"All design & streamlined, but self-driven tool"

What do you like best?

I like the 2-step verification security login, the user verification codes, the speed, the dashboard and the ability to run multiple reports directly from the payroll entry screen, check preview. Recent updates this month may allow more capability and control for user but likely to replace hired people altogether.

What do you dislike?

State Q1 tax forms missing from Quarterly review, but Federal forms are stored and ready to print. Unfortunately, Paychex has gotten less and less personal. No one on one payroll agent to connect to. In Paychex Flex, I have no direct contact, only a customer service number and the assigned account. In the past, under more simplified payroll contracts, the Paychex agents were accessible either by fax, by direct line or by e-mail. This connectivity is breaking down more and more. No live chat, which is understandable since payroll should remain secure so not any live agent should be allowed to respond. It's sad nevertheless that we give up the personal service (because payroll can change with circumstances and the technology is not flexible (ha! Flex is not flexible).. For example, it is very difficult to locate the screen to allow for editing/customizing the payroll grid. No workflow available in Paychex Flex yet to simplify small business processes to incorporate benefits administration and tie with payroll. That is why an assigned, live agent should code the proper setup instead of users who don't have a background in HR or accounting processes. Filing the 5500 is not simplified at all by Paychex Flex.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It seems hopeful. I am excited about new updates this month, as I have yet to try them. I also recommend outsourced payroll rather than in-store payroll mainly on account of file-management, storing of important docs in cloud or business platform rather than in-house. Reporting tools are everything and help you manage through audits on the local, state, insurance level or claims or HR matters. Wish I could backtrack here to my suggestions because many payroll service provider tools neglect pay rate history reporting, and this needs to be a critical report draw for users. When managing employees, one difficult aspect is consistency in pay raises and implementing fairness. Finally, Paychex Flex is way too expensive to run payroll with its limited scope of HR management.

Basic retirement administration that is tracked/stored along with payroll, S-Corp, single-member

Paychex Flex review by <span>Patrick M.</span>
Patrick M.

"Paychex for hosted HR Solution"

What do you like best?

Paychex has a lot of different modules that are customizable and allow you to see the data you need to see, from both an Administrator and End-User perspective. It is easy to use and is user friendly so it is relatively quick and easy to learn.

What do you dislike?

A Lot of the modules that show on the home screen you are able to show or hide if you don't want to see them, but you aren't really able to customize them with any specific data or views, so they are not always 100% useful because they don't show exactly what I want or need to see in the order I need.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As with any other software, make sure you get a thorough demo of this software before buying it. Make sure you know the right questions to ask about the software so that you can get the most out of the time you spend sitting through software demos.

We use this to manage our Human Resources processes and files for our company. All of our users are stored in Paychex and review and approve documentation in the system. It not only stores all of our documentation but it allows us to distribute it as well and keep track of who has approved it.

We also have a timeclock that we use for our hourly employees that allows them to punch in and out, and the hourly data is stored in our Paychex portal for easy viewing access. It makes reporting payroll figures at the end of the week extremely easy!

Paychex Flex review by <span>Lisa B.</span>
Lisa B.

"Went from great to horrible in about 6 months"

What do you like best?

The reports were flexible and easy to generate.

What do you dislike?

The system went bad after a major update. The online software did not work as promised. I had to use two different internet browsers to get my work done. Their customer service quality plummeted, especially after our long-time rep took a promotion. Their role as a broker for our benefits was a joke. They did NOTHING for us. If I had trouble with the insurance company, in the end, they would do nothing. I had to make the calls and sort it all out. My supervisor had to get involved at some point to force them to do their job as a broker. They charged us an exorbitant amount of money to administer COBRA.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be very careful.

None . . we got rid of them.

Paychex Flex review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"Used for 9 months now, love it, but has a few quirks"

What do you like best?

Timekeeping is a breeze. The dashboard is easy to navigate. The products we use all speak to each other within Paychex making Onboarding and Payroll very simple. This is great at keeping your HR compliant.

What do you dislike?

Some of the report formattings need some work. They are functional, but I'd like them to be a little easier to read in their formatting. (ex. one of my reports has a box around some of the hours but it cuts off halfway through.)

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for a good HR/Timekeeping software, I definitely recommend this product.

Payroll, Timekeeping, benefits, Hiring. This is a great way to keep all of our moving parts in one machine.

Paychex Flex review by <span>Zach C.</span>
Zach C.

"Accounting Business Using Paychex Flex"

What do you like best?

I like the desktop interface that users are presented with. As an employee, it is great to see so much information about my paycheck and always keep tabs on my retirement accounts.

What do you dislike?

There is not much that I dislike about Paychex Flex. This has been a very reliable program to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy payroll solution that your employees will enjoy and understand easily.

We are solving our own payroll issues and doing them effectively and efficiently.

Paychex Flex review by <span>Athena M.</span>
Athena M.

"PayChex Flex"

What do you like best?

What I like best about PayChex Flex, is that it's easy to use and available when I am available.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any dislikes for the online easy to use PayChex Flex.

I received an EDD Benefit Audit for a former employee and had no clue how to provide them the information they were requiring me to send them. So, I logged into my PayChex Flex account and it was all right there. Every detail I needed for that employee. I was thrilled!

Paychex Flex review by <span>Don S.</span>
Don S.

"Seemless payroll and taxes too."

What do you like best?

The availability and ease of viewing payroll. The ability to review before submission. Having the option for direct deposit was great for us. The ability for employees to go online and see their payroll data is a huge bonus.

What do you dislike?

It took a little while to learn how to use all of the features. There is a lot we don't need and weeding through it what we do and don't need took a little time as well as communicating with the company.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out!

Saving time on payroll. We get a big head start on our taxes every year which is great, and we also get a leg up when it comes time to work with our accountant.

Paychex Flex review by <span>Robert C J.</span>
Robert C J.

"Paychex - At a glance "

What do you like best?

Paychex has always been great with their data-entry template. I enjoy their step by step process for various tasks. It makes it easier when training administrators for access. Paychex does a great job with processing payroll.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the Paychex online interface as it appears outdated and it tends to be slow. Its not very user-friendly and if you're unfamiliar with the program it could be rather confusing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're considering Paychex, really access what you need it for and compare to other options. It is great for payroll, but lacking in other HR tasks.

Presently, we are wondering if Paychex is the right HRIS for our company. We would like to streamline a lot of our HR tasks and we somewhat feel Paychex has not been great with taking the next step of being user-friendly. It appears that their interface doesn't appearing inviting for our employees,

Paychex Flex review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Intuitive Web Design"

What do you like best?

My favorite part of Paychex Flex is the PTO tracking and PTO requests. The software automatically tracks how much PTO you are earning and how much you currently have, and allows you to request time off from the same page. In the request you can explain the reasons and HR will approve and automatically place the hours in your time sheet. You can also easily view and print your W-2 and pay stubs, which can be incredibly useful.

The clock-in/out and Meal buttons are also simple to use. My office uses two "interfaces" for PayChex Flex. We have a desktop that is solely for people punching in and out that instructors, and other hourly workers use because they aren't necessarily in front of a computer during the day, and we have a web version for working at home/clocking in from your desk. Both are incredibly easy to learn to use, and even our oldest, and least tech-literate people understand how to use it.

What do you dislike?

This may be solely on the part of my workplace, but my least favorite part of PayChex Flex is that it doesn't round to the nearest quarter hour. So if I clock in at 8:58AM, I need to clock out at 4:58PM or risk going over-time.

I do not process Payroll, but I work next to the person who does, and I know that Paychex Flex is incredibly responsive to their questions and needs. I believe when you use this software, you have the direct line to an account representative who can resolve any problems that may arise.

"FRAUDS"

What do you like best?

There really is nothing I like at all about this company.

What do you dislike?

Horrible, I can not believe this company is in business and are allowed to do business, they are frauds. They are incompetent thieves. They will make promises of ease of use, discounts & free service and still bill you for them. They can not process payroll correctly. If you are lucky to get a hold of a person they are ignorant and dont know anything. They will mess up your life/business and waste your time & money. I only used them for 1 month before canceling my service, I have been waiting for 3 months for them to credit back my account on charges they continue to auto draft. Here's the kicker, I am still getting charges from them. Time to contact my bank to stop payments, There goes more money and time out the window. Very dissatisfied.

Recommendations to others considering the product

do not use Paychex, They lie and continue to take your money even after you cancel.

NONE

Paychex Flex review by <span>Jeff L.</span>
Jeff L.

"Functional and supremely scalable"

What do you like best?

I enjoyed Paychex Flex's easy to navigate user interface and unlimited customization. Paychex Flex is also the most flexible among the possible software solutions. The 24/7 customer support is a great addition at no extra cost and proved to be friendly and helpful. The support, if used, virtually eliminates the risk of errors.

What do you dislike?

I disliked how expensive the service is. The service is probably worth the price; however, it still almost twice as expensive as its competitors. This price point likely only makes financial sense for companies that have many employees or for companies that are replacing HR full-time employee time with the full-suite of Playchex Flex services.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you value 24/7 phone support then there is value to be had here.

The most important business problems that are solved with Paychex Flex are the ability to work on advance payrolls and running payroll within a comprehensive human resources interface. This means that the person in charge of payroll is able to enter a bonus or change in withholding for a future payroll as soon as that person becomes aware rather than relying on a note that may be lost or forgotten. The company benefits from the comprehensive human resources framework because the employees are able to review their paystubs, time off, and withholdings via the self service portal instead of issuing a formal request to the employee in charge of payroll. This allows the company to save valuable employee time.

Paychex Flex review by <span>Bonny A.</span>
Bonny A.

"easy of use"

What do you like best?

I have been with paychex for a few years now and everyone I deal with there is very courteous and knowledgeable. The on-line site is easy to use. I get answers from my HR person and payroll specialist almost immediately.

What do you dislike?

At the moment, I cannot think of any dislikes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Friendly, Courteous and ease of use

benefits of employees able to login to their own account and get answers to their questions.

Paychex Flex review by <span>Gregory H.</span>
Gregory H.

"Paychex Flex simplifies the payroll process"

What do you like best?

The ease of use and being able to access all available reports. I am responsible for the payroll of over 40 companies so being able to access all reports with one log-in is

What do you dislike?

Occasionally the system is down. In particular, I believe on December 27, 2017 the system was down for a few hours which was a problem because I needed to process a year-end report.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Paychex Flex is easy to use. What I like most about Paychex, and it is actually isn't Paychex Flex spoecifically, is the support I receive from my representative Takeya Aiken.

I am able to access all payroll reports for over 40+ clients.

Paychex Flex review by <span>Shannon C.</span>
Shannon C.

"Paychex is an Asset to My Small Business "

What do you like best?

Paychex has given me the gift of time...time to focus on my clients and focus on important areas of my business,. Paychex can efficiently handle tasks that would otherwise take up too much of my time and will handle the tasks for my business with the same care and dedication as I would do myself. Also, the products/software offered by Paychex are easy to use allows me to stay on top of activity as thought I had done the task myself. All of the info I need in one place. Any time I have had a question or needed help I am given assistance immediately by Paychex rep or customer service staff without issue and language barriers :) All of my payroll, taxes and benefits are all in one spot and easy to access and all reports are easy to read and understand! I am always treated (and feel) as though I am a top priority during every interaction with Paychex employees. I am able to rely on them to handle my small business needs without any concern which allows me to focus on what I do best and growing my business.

What do you dislike?

I have not found anything I like at this time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Paychex provides reliable and efficient service at a very reasonable cost. You don't need to waste time on tasks that can be handled by the beat! Don't think twice awesome company with staff in every area to assist you

Paychex helps me dedicate time to clients by handling payroll, taxes and benefits. Lack of time for operational tasks and being able to focus on my business (growing and assisting clients). Although I am capable of doing most things provided by Paychex, I have found that Paychex staff and services are invaluable tUsing Paycex is a sure fire way to have important tasks done correctly and timely for my business. I have learned more from Paychex (re business strategy, benefits and ways to provide the best for me and my employees. When I first started my company i realized I was spending more time performing business operations (payroll, taxes, etc) than I was actually billing client so I was working 16 hour days to keep things going. Since going with Paychex I am able to cut time out of my day and work on assisting clients and growing my business. Paychex has given me my day back!

Paychex Flex review by <span>Tanya L.</span>
Tanya L.

"Paychex makes life easy"

What do you like best?

I love that even if i am out of the office I can log in and take of paying my employees. They have made it easier to navigate the system recently as well. The system is user friendly and the security is excellent. The customer Service when you have to call is the best in the business. If your contact is on the phone then you can talk to a group member or leave a message. they always get back to you in a timely fashion. When a mistake is made it is never the end of the world you just call and it gets taken care of right away even when the payroll has already submitted. All around great company and staff.

What do you dislike?

I did dislike the dashboard change at first but then I got used to it and wow how much easier it is to navigate now.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look at the demonstration of other companies. You will come back for this product.

we are working on streamlining the hours to make it easier for our 3 hourly employees this will make entering payroll much faster. we also are working on making it so that our employees can log in and get the hours reports they want instead of calling me when they need it. It seem everyone has stopped saving the check stubs. I would like to go paperless like my husbands company. they get direct deposit then look up the pay stub if they need it for something important.

Paychex Flex review by <span>Sheri S.</span>
Sheri S.

"I truly love Paychex"

What do you like best?

I like that Paychex has fully taken over the job of processing payroll as well as submitting reports and returns. They are total professionals and know exactly what needs to be done. They go about doing it with very little input from me. Because they are specialists, I have confidence their actions on my behalf will meet whatever requirements there are.

What do you dislike?

For me, the website is not user-friendly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Paychex to every business person. They are easy to work with and provide great value.

I no longer have to struggle to keep up with the multitude of changes in the law and regulations impacting human relations.

Paychex Flex review by <span>Roman M.</span>
Roman M.

"Used it to get personal information "

What do you like best?

Easy to use once logged in, or installed on your phone. I was able to download PDFs of all documents on my phone. I was also able to change information and settings easily. Security is up to modern standards with multiple authentication.

What do you dislike?

For online version it might be hard to sign in into the right place if you don't use this website often.

Our company is using it to manage payroll and give all employees access to their information.

Paychex Flex review by <span>Gjergji P.</span>
Gjergji P.

"Paychex it makes the work time sheet very easy and comfortable to use."

What do you like best?

The thing that I like more about the Paychex is that I can manage all my hours through that very easily. You can check your pay and the withhold taxes as well. When you forget to clock in or out you gave the possibility to leave a note.

What do you dislike?

the thing I dislike about the paychex is that requires a lot of security answers when you need to log in. I totally agree with the security but sometime is too much and you lose your time.

work time-sheet

Paychex Flex review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"Makes Payday a Happyday"

What do you like best?

I like the ease with which payroll is processed and the ability to be able to enter the information when ready. I like the fact that all reports are available to print or download within minutes after payroll is submitted and the way we can add and remove current employees and change their address and other pertinent data when needed. I like almost everything about it!

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything. Everything I use seems to work very well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are still using other software to do payroll or calling a payroll specialist to report payroll, when you switch to Paychex Flex you will be relieved about the ease of use and quality of support.

Paychex Flex removes the anxiety of payroll and the inflexibility of time and place of payroll entry that we dealt with before. We can go to AZ in the winter and still keep up with payroll.

Paychex Flex review by <span>Sara C.</span>
Sara C.

"Easy to use with minimal training"

What do you like best?

This program is easy to use with minimal training. It makes it easy to keep track of all important in formation regarding your employees. I love that you can give multiple supervisors access but also with specific permissions. They can each manage their own department.

What do you dislike?

It is difficult to understand how to create specific reports. This really is the only part of the program I struggle with. Thankfully I can call customer service and they help create whatever it is I need.

Managing our employees time punches, making sure that breaks are being taken, and also enjoy the 401k program you offer.

Paychex Flex review by <span>Carina S.</span>
Carina S.

"Still satisfied!"

What do you like best?

Efficient, friendly and always available with an answer when I am lost because we have to have yet another change in our world of payroll.

Paychex goes a step beyond and I am very grateful to have them on our side.

Adding to this (9/9/16) I would like to say that Paychex has been consistently the same since we started our business relationship.

This company is a refreshing part in our world of ever changing and sometimes quite confusing Payroll and beyond stuff. Not sure how I would have managed without them.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I do not like regarding our dealings with Paychex. It is an excellent company.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it. You will not be disappointed, You will only add ease to your dealings with payroll issues.

All our payroll needs are met with a minimum of effort on our part. Not sure why we did not switch to Paychex sooner.

Paychex Flex review by <span>Dimi S.</span>
Dimi S.

"love the app and how user friendly it is"

What do you like best?

very easy to use, able to do my payroll from anywhere.

What do you dislike?

the fees could be a little bit cheaper.

We were using an accountant prior to finding Paychex to handle our payroll services. We had to to manually calculate hours and provide them to the accountant who would manually input the checks without us having the opportunity to review it. With Paychex we are able to manage our employees much better.

Paychex Flex review by <span>kayla p.</span>
kayla p.

"Great Payroll Software"

What do you like best?

The ease of using the software. As a new customer service help has been amazing

What do you dislike?

though customer service is amazing it does take a lot of trial and error to get the results i am looking for. It seems that we are both trying to learn the software at the same time.

i am able to streamline my payroll process faster and much easier than i have been able to in the past.

Paychex Flex review by Administrator in Human Resources
Administrator in Human Resources

"Easy to use, but support needs improvement"

What do you like best?

The software is fairly intuitive - I was able to move around in it and find the sections that I needed to access fairly easily.

What do you dislike?

A couple of things, but the thing I dislike the most is that in order to get help, I have had to contact FOUR different account representatives, because rather than one person being knowledgeable about the whole system, each person only knows about one module. It makes it very frustrating when you have several questions about the entire system, and have to reach out to several different people to get them answered...I also don't like that they have 3-4 different time systems, and it's not clear which one you have (I came into a company that already had Paychex Flex in place, so I wasn't part of the initial setup). It also took 4 weeks for me to have the right access.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Whoever is going to use it should be very tech-savvy, and have extreme patience for having to contact multiple support people to get your questions answered.

We use Paychex Flex primarily for time tracking for hourly employees, and payroll for everyone. We also have the HR module and are planning to add performance reviews to the system.

Paychex Flex review by Administrator

"Worst Payroll Service Ever Experienced"

What do you like best?

Online Access to reporting. Payroll is processed within 15 minutes of submission.

What do you dislike?

Time and Attendance information has been wrong since we started with Flex. They are unable to fix any issues and try to blame an imaginary "back up house" . Emails and phone calls go unanswered and things are unresolved for months despite many requests to representatives and their supervisors. Client Service Reps have actually told me they were too busy to deal with me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Better employee and supervisory training. Finalize implementation of product before selling it as a completed service.

Problems have increased since using Paychex Flex. Benefits are unattainable with this product.

Paychex Flex review by <span>Tyler R.</span>
Tyler R.

"Basic but efficient product"

What do you like best?

I like that it is simple and seems very secure from the registration process - you can be sure that you are the only one accessing your data and that identity theft is unlikely.

What do you dislike?

I do not like the generic interface. I find that it isn't very easy to navigate and could be much more intuitive and user-friendly. It would be nice if they added quick help/walkthroughs to orient the user.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely take a tour and get a demo from a sales rep. Make sure that it checks all your boxes. While it is a fine product, it may be lacking compared to other offerings you'll see.

For a telecommunitng company using direct deposit, this is how staff can view and print pay stubs and track accrual. It's a decent one-stop-shop for pay-related information.

Paychex Flex review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Not at good as it was presented"

What do you like best?

The fact that I can go online and check my pay stub.

What do you dislike?

This was supposed to be perfect for our company, as they have mobile clock-in/out and GPS tracking, but unfortunately, none of these functions work properly.

Also, managers need to constantly adjust times in the system because the app has errors all the time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look into all the options and do a trial if possible. We haven't unfortunately and now we are regretting and have to switch to a new company again...

We were trying to find a system that was easy to use for both employees and managers...

Paychex Flex review by <span>Parag B.</span>
Parag B.

"Very visible and easy to use system"

What do you like best?

Paychex flex is very user friendly, quick and customizable website, which Is not only reporting Tool but enhances analytical abilities as well.

What do you dislike?

I hate three step user confirmation. It is very irritating and keeps coming up even if I designate my laptop as private laptop.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very useful tool for small businesses.

I can create customized reports and do lot of analysis very efficiently. This has helped me a lot in decision making.

Paychex Flex review by <span>Miranda F.</span>
Miranda F.

"Explore the possiblities"

What do you like best?

We are still relatively new to using Paychex Flex as a company, but overall I quite enjoy the ease of use. Especially in a technology based business and age, I love the ability to login over multiple platforms.

What do you dislike?

I have yet to find anything that I strongly dislike enough to comment on it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Decide what aspects of the paychex experience will most benefit your business and run with it!

We are better able to keep up with the demands of a growing company's payroll and I as an employee have a completely transparent payroll service provided to me.

Paychex Flex review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Use of Paychex at small, outpatient physical therapy private practice "

What do you like best?

Paychex has always upheld themselves as a reliable and punctual company. We never worry about incorrect payroll or have issues with not getting paid on time. The Paychex team demonstrates great customer service. When told to make a change in hours (overtime, PTO, holiday) they only need to be told once and we have never run into a problem.

What do you dislike?

We began to notice at the office that our pay stubs are being sent in unsealed envelopes. Our pay stubs get sent it a larger envelope all together, but we would prefer if everything were sealed. It would also be helpful if we had a business card for the rep who we speak with every week concerning payroll.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Other payroll services may reach out and try to convince you their rates will be lower than Paychex. However, the service provided is well worth the money.

Paychex has been amazing in taking care of all our payroll responsibilities at the office. Whenever (rarely) we have any issues, the customer service provided to us is outstanding and always helpful. We always speak to the same representative every week and she is always extremely timely in reaching out to us for the previous weeks payroll hours. We've been able to solve the problem of recording our hours and taking care of our payroll on our own.

Paychex Flex review by <span>Katie K.</span>
Katie K.

"So far so good"

What do you like best?

User friendly - don't need much guidance to figure out the site.

What do you dislike?

Some bugs after the change to the new site (term employees staying on the staff list, bank account and socials don't disappear when reentering the information)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Utilize and customize reports - it's super easy and extremely helpful!

Information gathering has made my life soooo much easier - the reports are amazing!

Paychex Flex review by <span>Judith O.</span>
Judith O.

"Exceptional Service"

What do you like best?

Our company receives consistent, quality service from Paychex. We have used their services for over a decade and would recommend them to other companies. They respond to our needs in a timely and efficient manner. They offer a large array of services to assist even a small organization provide the benefits of a larger company.

What do you dislike?

My company has had no issues with the products and services offered by Paychex. Competitors have tried to influence me to change providers and I have never considered making a change.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The staff is very knowledgeable and professional and strives to meet customer needs

We never encountered any issues with Paychex.

Paychex Flex review by <span>Marcia P.</span>
Marcia P.

" Convenient, simple, and useful "

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to see how much PTO I have accrued and how tax forms are easily accessible.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice if the mobile version of Paychex had a more detailed version of when the PTO is used (date).

We use Paychex to keep record of my pay, hourly rate and any changes that occur month to month.

Paychex Flex review by Executive Sponsor in Defense & Space
Executive Sponsor in Defense & Space

"One-Stop Payroll Processing System"

What do you like best?

The system not only allows payroll processing, but for a nominal fee ($5 per state per quarter), they ensure compliance with all federal & state-level payroll tax and reporting requirements.

What do you dislike?

The assigned account manager is often unresponsive, slow to respond, or provides incorrect information. The customer support agents are often more knowledgeable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Robust solution for payroll processing, but stay on top of your account manager. We have requested integration with our account and T&E system multiple times, but no support from Paychex. Frustrating response times!

One-stop payroll, payroll taxes and quarterly reporting requirements

Paychex Flex review by Administrator in Investment Management
Administrator in Investment Management

"Payroll Made Easy"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that I no longer need to wait for my payroll rep to get back to me in order to make simple changes to payroll

What do you dislike?

I dislike the training - I basically needed to learn the software on my own.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you ask for training. I did not have live training - they gave me online access to train myself, and it took longer than normal to begin using.

I am solving my payroll issue - I can process payroll at my convenience and make changes when necessary without having to wait on others.

Paychex Flex review by Administrator in Semiconductors
Administrator in Semiconductors

"Public Companies BEWARE"

What do you like best?

The administrative side is fairly easy and intuitive to use.

What do you dislike?

Customer support in inadequate. Stock processing for those employees with more than one state tax liability is inadequate. Their solution does not work to meet government requirements. You must contact Paychex to deal with your OPT, J-1 and other tax exempt status employees. You must calculate and deal with the implementation of your garnishments.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would not recommend this product for public companies.

Paychex moved us from their Preview platform to Flex Platform. We have not realized any benefits to the move. It has caused more problems than solved. Again their customer support is extremely lacking. in resolving issues in a timely basis.

Paychex Flex review by Administrator in Hospital & Health Care
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"There are no words"

What do you like best?

There are no redeeming features to this system, other than that some of the graphics are visually appealing.

What do you dislike?

There are no words to describe how terrible this system is. My company switched to Paychex in February, and it is now June and we need to contact our support team every few days. The functionality of this system is extremely limited, if you are a company of more than say 50 or so people (my company is 250). I have spent inordinate amounts of time going back and forth with our support team, only for them to propose suggestions on how to fix things, as if they are themselves are working with the system for the first time. If you can help it, please stay away from this system. I would not recommend it to anyone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please do not chance to this system.

There have been no benefits to switching to this system.

Paychex Flex review by <span>Lupe B. P.</span>
Lupe B. P.

"Keeping track of my payroll"

What do you like best?

It's easy to use, I like that I can use the mobile app

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I find that I dislike. It is easy to use and so far I have had no issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's easy to use.

I have access to my payroll, benefits and tax information (federal) all in one place.

Paychex Flex review by Administrator in Real Estate
Administrator in Real Estate

"Easy To Use Payroll Company and More! "

What do you like best?

What I like best about Paychex is that it's very user friendly. Payroll is a breeze. If I have any questions our account manager is always there with a friendly reply. If our account manager is going to be away from the office for a while she gives plenty of notice and has a referral to someone who can assist. Even on holidays we get reminded about when the money is taken out of our account. They are very thorough.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much to dislike. I think the only negative experience I have had was when I submitted the wrong form for direct deposit. The situation was taken care of in a quick manner and almost immediately resolved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Paychex is more than just a payroll service. They offer website creations, HR management solutions, and even engineering solutions like time tracking to make any company more effective. If you ever need help, they are just a call away. Every day I learn at least 1 new thing about Paychex.

We are currently solving how to market our business effectively. Too little advertising and we don't get many qualified leads. Too much advertising and we start to see that though we have leads, they are not all qualified. The benefits of social media are great because we can narrow our audience to what we need. Paychex offers services to help this like time tracking to help manage our time.

Paychex Flex review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Paychex Flex review"

What do you like best?

I like that all of our employees are accessible in one place. We are able to track not only personal information and compensation of each employee but they are able to log in and track their time and attendance as well. We also love that they handle all of the taxes and employment laws behind the scenes for both employees and independent contractors, we just simply have to email them.

What do you dislike?

I do not like how each feature is basically a separate website and feels like a different company all together. If I have a question about time and attendance and setting up a profile for an employee, I will have to contact two separate representatives by calling two unique hotlines.

By allowing Paychex to handle our Payroll and a significant amount of our HR solutions, it allows more time to be focused on other aspects of the business.