Paycom

Paycom

4.0

Paycom is an HR technology provider with a single-database, end-to-end product providing solutions for Talent Acquisition, Time and Labor Management, Payroll, Talent Management and HR Management, all in one application.

Work for Paycom?

Learning about Paycom?

Paycom Reviews

Ask Paycom a Question
Showing 341 Paycom reviews
Paycom review by Michal .
Michal .

"Abundantly tedious software with confusing interface providing the worst user experience."

What do you like best?

The overly secure login system always logs me out and asks these security questions that no-one ever remembers answers to. So I guess that since it takes me at least 10 minutes to log in, then it must be impossible for a hacker to break into the system.

What do you dislike?

Generally, this system is just not working for me at all. It is not clear whether it only informs me about my current pay, or if I can actually use it to transfer money.

Secondly, the security system is driving me crazy every time I try to log in. Even if I choose the "remember me" option in my browser, Paycom logs me out and asks me 3 security questions, which I rarely recall answers to. I hope my university switches to a different system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you require a high-security system for pay-management the Paycom is for you. However; if you want to provide your employees with a user-friendly experience go with a different system.

My university uses Paycom to send money to its employees and student workers. I works for its purpose, however; it creates more problems than it solves.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Paycom
Paycom review by Ricky A.
Ricky A.

"Human resource management simplified"

What do you like best?

Paycom is a wonderful tool for small to medium organizations looking for a single system to manage Human Resources related tasks and processes

Performance management is a key feature that allows me to efficiently track and manage my team's performance. Instead of a one-time, resource consuming performance review cycle, Paycom allows me to add notes throughout the year so end-of-year performance reviews become a snap.

We recently implemented Paycom expense which has streamlined submitting and approving team and department expenses. A key feature is the ability to create expense templates for monthly recurring expenses, saving valuable time and energy.

Benefits management simplifies what could be a complex process to research, understand, and enroll in company sponsored benefits. In particular, a single dashboard displays all of your employee benefits making it easy to find what you're looking for and make changes along the way.

What do you dislike?

We've recently tapped into Paycom's My Learning module. I'd like to see an investment in content development areas like security and compliance to further leverage Paycom as the main source for employee training.

Paycom's UI design and navigation feels outdated compared to similar software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have a strategic reason and direction for updating or purchasing an HR information system. If you have existing process or people issues today, a new software solution won't solve it, it will simply exacerbate it. Additionally, having a roll out and support plan will increase employee use and adoption.

Employees spend less time managing their time, information, and benefits which results in more productivity. Performance management has become more visible organization-wide

What HR Management Suites solution do you use?

Paycom review by Laurie B.
Laurie B.

"Paycom - Easy to use"

What do you like best?

I love that it takes a lot of the questions that I would be submitting to accounting or HR out of their hands and into mine. I can find all the information that I need in one place, quickly.

What do you dislike?

We do our reviews through a module on Paycom. It is not my favorite to do a conduct my review in an impersonal type of fashion but that is my companies decision, not a Paycom decision.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want your employees to easily be able to access their payroll information , HR information, any company wide documents you want to be uploaded to this one site, performance/goal review, company directory, eligible benefits then Paycom is worth a try. From day one of our merger, Paycom was the one constant in our HR and accounting department.

For our business it allows less overhead people by allowing a lot of HR and accounting type information to be handled by Paycom. I can view my time off accruals, I can increase my 401K contribution, I can opt in or out for flexible benefits or HSA, etc.. We use Paycom as HR assist and definitely an assistant for accounting.

Paycom review by Christina Shuli A.
Christina Shuli A.

"User friendly and accessible for employees."

What do you like best?

Paycom's layout is easy on the eyes and non-distracting. Core items are listed clearly and concisely, clicking through them and accessing individual sections is easily managed. It is also simple to incorporate company documents for employees (including documents specific to an individual employee) in the program. Paycom also affords employees a way to manage their expenses and track refunds from the company.

What do you dislike?

In order for users to access the website, it is required to enter 3 items- username, password, and last four of your social security number. For ease of access, a username and password would suffice.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We process bi-monthly pay periods. I've heard there may be difficulty in bi-weekly or more pay periods- make sure their program supports your desired payout periods for automatic generating of reports.

Employees are able to easily manage their W2s, expenses, documents and time off requests- all in one place.

Paycom review by Crystal O.
Crystal O.

"Best experience EVER!!!"

What do you like best?

Customer Services is amazing!!! I have worked with quite a few payroll companies and Paycom is the best. If and that is a big IF I have any issues, i dont get transferred to a million different people in a call center. I get MY Payroll Specialist. Then I have regular meetings with my Client Relations manager to make sure I am using the system to my full capabilities. My sales person even checks up on me. :)

What do you dislike?

That some items are not as customizable like the expense dashboard but other then that...I LOVE IT ALL! In the almost 3 years we have been with Paycom, we only had one major issue and that turned out to a system issue that needed to be fixed. They were on top of it and made sure to communication with me at all steps.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Paycom to anyone rather you are looking to switch or you are happy with your current provider. Paycom is better and I promise.

I love how I can have everything through one system. I love Paycom! Before we had multple systems checking different things. This is by far the best system for my company!

Paycom review by Jasmin G.
Jasmin G.

"Paycom "

What do you like best?

Paycom is user friendly. It is easy for employees and HR professionals to navigate the system.

The reporting features are great. The benefits module is getting better every year. It allows our employees to have a seamless online enrollment. The employee self service is easy to use.

There is always a dedicated representative who I know can answer my tough questions. My favorite feature is that you can make development requests that Paycom may implement. Paycom is always improving and getting better.

What do you dislike?

We are a non-profit and it would be nice to have a separate category for unpaid volunteers so we can track their hours. I also dislike seeing all the cool modules and products that Paycom offers that I know my company will never be able to afford. I would like to able get rid of fields that we don't use in the employee record or at least gray them out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have evaluated multiple products and I still prefer Paycom over anything else on the market today.

With Paycom you do not have to re-enter data from the application to the background check to the employee records to the benefits system. It is so convenient to have all the data in one place.

Paycom review by Ashley T.
Ashley T.

"Paycom is absolutely wonderful!"

What do you like best?

Paycom has put our minds at ease with payroll and our payroll taxes. I love being able to call our dedicated specialist and have my questions answered in a respectful and quick manner. They are always willing to help and are extremely knowledgeable. I don't have to worry about giving my employees paper checks or filing my withholding taxes, which allows me to complete other tasks at hand and not worry about payroll. I had an issue with the State of Oklahoma and our taxes previously and when I called Paycom they insured our taxes had been filed and followed up with the State and had everything figure out within minutes. They are extremely easy and give you peace of mind.!!

What do you dislike?

I haven't been able to figure out the app, but I will learn this later. I can't seem to ever be able to log in for some reason. Other than that I have no complaints. This truly is a great company.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend anyone to use Paycom. Their employees are pleasant and helpful! They truly are wonderful.

We are now going to add clocking in and out and have employees submit vacation which will help our small business out with payroll and back office management. We are greatly looking forward to this and not having to write out times when employees come and go! We are also looking into Expense Management and hoping we love this new tool!

Paycom review by Taylor O.
Taylor O.

"Excellent Product, Excellent Service"

What do you like best?

Paycom is excellent. I work with 4 different companies and i am able to manage all four separate companies from the same log-in. It lets you toggle between companies which makes my time card editing and approving process go by so much faster! I also LOVE the customer service. I have a designated agent whom I can call directly if i have any issues and she is quick to help out in any way she can. Additionally, the W2s are sent to ou via fedex all ready to go. SO easy to deal with during tax season

What do you dislike?

My only gripe with paycom would be that we seem to consistently have an issue with a certain tax being taken from each employees check and paid forward to the state. In Oregon there is a Trimet tax and paycom seems to have a hard time getting that taken care of. However, through many calls with our agent, we were able to (hopefully) get this problem solved. Overall, a minor issue when I consider the many benefits of working with paycom.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Excellent product to consider. Especially if you have multiple companies. Customer service will aim to help you in any way possible and they always strive to make you happy. A+ in my book.

As stated previously, toggling between my 4 companies saves me a lot of time. We also have a lot of employees that work out on the field and having a mobile app for those employees has been a big help.

Paycom review by Dan R.
Dan R.

"Best solution for payroll and HR"

What do you like best?

It was so easy to implement and use. Our employees have a completely different impression of our company using this platform. It has inspired me to take a completely different approach to HR which has significantly improved our recruiting.

What do you dislike?

I like everything about the solution. This was the easiest enterprise solution I've ever implemented. The one area I'd like to see improve is the administrative access. I don't like having to login as a client and a user.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This was really easy to implement and use. Don't be intimidated about the implementation. It's as close to "flipping the swith and something working" as you get.

We use Paycom as a complete employee training and onboarding solution. Our payroll taxes get completely handled by them. The whole process is awesome. I can't remember a single system outage or function not working.

Paycom review by Jessalyn K.
Jessalyn K.

"Nice layout but sub categories can use some work"

What do you like best?

I really like the ability to swap login as the Client or EES - that makes it easy for me to view my information and/or jump into entering time for my staff. The web layout is nice. I really like the capability to do a test sample paycheck.

What do you dislike?

The web layout is nice however some of the sub categories do not make any sense. Like for instance, I was looking for information on how much my employer contributes to my medical - it does not display whether it is monthly, biweekly, etc. I hate having to change my password every 99 days - such a hassle.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It took our staff a bit of time to learn Paycom and it's features. Once a training was provided, everything was pretty intuitive.

We are using Paycom to enter time off for our staff. It also allows our HR to streamline their information on benefits, pay, deductions, etc.

Paycom review by Tanya L.
Tanya L.

"Good software"

What do you like best?

The software has lots of customization options. They are constantly making updates to improve the quality of the product. Customer service is available all the time. Works really well for basic HR functions and payroll. There are many add-ons available for an additional price.

What do you dislike?

Customer service can take awhile to actually resolve the issue if it's complex. The setup of certain payroll functions should be clarified with more direction from customer service on different options available since there is some stuff that they have to do on the back end that the users can't see. For example setting up tax codes or setting up leave policies.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be very careful and double-check items you have them set up for you to ensure they are correct before going live

It is very easy to keep track of dates in this software especially with the custom form fields. In the healthcare field we have many items we have to keep on top of so they don't expire. I also find that the Employee Self Service is very easy to navigate for our employees and a lot of options can be done by the employees themselves.

Paycom review by Boris H.
Boris H.

"Director of Accounting"

What do you like best?

Paycom is easy to use as administrator. It's easy and intuitive to use for employees as well.

Having a designated Paycom representative to contact for an issue is wonderful.

I am very pleased with the service and support.

What do you dislike?

I have no comments on things I dislike about Paycom. I feel the system works well for our needs.

I will list a few:

1. Reduction of double entry of information from paper to the database.

2. The Document Management module has been very useful to keep track of documents and mailing but also environmental consciousness.

3. Benefits Administration is another MUST product to have. I am very pleased the employees decide which benefits they select. This empowers our employees and reduces manual error when processing payroll.

4. Processing payroll time has been reduced from 2 1/2 days to half day, including the review/approval of payroll.

Paycom review by Sean M.
Sean M.

"Best Combination of Value and Service"

What do you like best?

We switched from another HRIS/payroll provider over to Paycom a little over a year ago and I can honestly say that it has been one of the best decisions our HR department has made. I was the point-of-contact throughout the implementation process and their service model was certainly refreshing. I had been accustomed to long holds on 1-800 numbers and having a dedicated service rep at Paycom has been great for our team.

In addition to the great service we've received, the system itself has played an integral role in streamlining and digitizing many of our processes. Things like onboarding, training, surveys, etc., have been moved away from the stone age with the help of Paycom, which has been a life saver for us since we have several locations across the United States.

What do you dislike?

The idea of having the applicant tracking portion integrated within our HRIS was great in theory, but ultimately Paycom's ATS offering was subpar for the time that we used it. To their credit, however, they are proactive in hearing client feedback and upgrading their system regularly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Paycom is a great value and they are continuously improving, plus you'll get better service than you will at most HRIS/payroll providers.

Electronic onboarding, online learning management system (LMS), benefit administration, and survey facilitation to name a few. Paycom truly has robust options that are integrated within their system that are easy to use.

Paycom review by Amy S.
Amy S.

"PayCom"

What do you like best?

It is efficient and easy to use. You can be completely paperless and environmentally concussions with all Human Resources needs. Everything is clearly labeled and well organized, this makes the function very easy to use and teach to new employees. You can access it from many different devices for what your different needs are.

What do you dislike?

There are a lot of various components that are not always as well explained as some of the other tools offered. The background also recently changed to a yellow background that is stressful to look and and overwhelming. The yellow is confusing and a really bad combination with the set up of Paycom. Also, when you pull it up you need to refresh it so that it shows you as logged out so you can log in and actually clock out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a easy and diverse, offering lots of different features that are easy to learn and quick to explain. The mainly things that paycom can offer are a great way to bring together all parts of Human resources so that there is just a one stop place to take care of everything.

All the information employee's need are right there and at their fingertips. You can time in and out, request leave, look at paystubs, approve your time cards, etc. All of which are self explanatory and easy to use. Instead of having many different avenues and many different persons on contact, all the information is right there and available for HR and employees to look at.

Paycom review by Katie L.
Katie L.

"Paycom user for over two years."

What do you like best?

One of the most useful tools for me on the Paycom website is the tax setup. Tax deduction options can be modified by the employee right on the site and updates are real time. I also love the fact that we can change our payroll automatic deposit options. If we want to add a bank to split the payment, we can do that as a self-service on the website. This is invaluable because prior to using this service, the process was very manual and took weeks to implement a change such as a new bank or even changing the deposit amount(s) to multiple banks.

What do you dislike?

Through my employer we have the option to deduct an amount from our paycheck to contribute to our healthcare HSA account. The amount that is deducted for HSA contribution is reflected on the website via the View Paystub, but user cannot modify this amount on the website. The only way we can do this is to email our payroll representative within the company.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Paycom is a great website and being able to make real-time changes to our payroll options is invaluable to employees.

The tax records are accessible to employees at any time. Once logged in, user can download or view previous end of year tax paperwork. The website provides prior year-end tax forms (W-2) so we do not have to request from our payroll department via email, which can take a long time to receive. Since users are able to download W-2's and change tax deduction setup, payroll department isn't interrupted or added workload. Also, the employee isn't held up from making necessary changes to the tax set up or delay in receiving the tax paperwork as needed.

Paycom review by Brittany B.
Brittany B.

"Our expereince has been phenomenal! We couldn't ask for anything more."

What do you like best?

The platform that Paycom offers is fantastic and is completely changing our processes and procedures for the better. I think, in the end, Paycom could equate to at least one full time employee for us in the efficiency it has created. However, what we love best about Paycom is their customer service. They go above and beyond to ensure we are taken care of, that we understand the system and that all of our questions get answered in a timely and productive manner. We have incredibly high expectations and Paycom has exceeded them in every realm, especially with the personal touch they provide.

What do you dislike?

The only challenging part to Paycom is the work it takes to implement a new system. This would be true with any new system implementation though and with Paycom's outstanding customer service you are never left without resources to complete the project in front of you.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I am so thankful we implemented Paycom! They have been a joy to work with and have created efficiency that has saved us a tremendous amount of time. It was worth every penny and the effort of implementation for what we've gotten out of it!

Paycom is helping us increase efficiency in multiple areas. Prior to implementing Paycom, all new hires would manually fill out forms and our HR Manager would input each form into various platforms to get them on boarded. Now with Paycom, the new hire completes all of their paperwork digitally and then feeds allow the information to auto input into our various carriers and platforms. This will also be a tremendous help during open enrollment time for us as that was all done manually prior to this implementation as well. We are already noticing that Paycom has saved us a tremendous amount of time in simply running payroll and on boarding new employees. The time saving has not just been felt in HR but also in our Accounting team as we have streamlined our GL feed as well. In the end, Paycom is saving us at least one full time person on staff with the efficiency that was created.

Paycom review by Erin B.
Erin B.

"Best User Friendly HRIS and Payroll System Out there"

What do you like best?

The organization and implementation of the entire process was absolutely smooth. I loved the training and the timelines.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, not one thing. Everything is great about Paycom.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it! Don't think twice! Paycom is always thinking about their clients and considering what is best for them. They are always putting US first and what we want and need. Their system is user friendly and simple. On the first week we went live, even our employees were rejoicing on the difference from making the switch to a new HRIS/Payroll provider. As the HR Director, I love the extra features of the PAF and Surveys! What a wonderful idea! It truly makes things so much easier for my HR Team! If it's even possible to "fall in love with an HRIS/Payroll system" then I would say Paycom would be that platform for me! It is an amazing product! I only wish we made the change sooner! On top of the actual product itself comes the added bonus of the most dynamic customer service team that we were assigned too! We had wonderful individualized attention, in which I can honestly say, I would now refer to my Paycom Reps. as my new friends!

Housing one system for everything to make our employees lives easier.

Paycom review by Blake H.
Blake H.

"Intuitive and Innovative"

What do you like best?

As someone who loves to see improvements, I love that Paycom is constantly using customer feedback to improve their software and stay competitive in the HRIS industry. Their software is super easy to navigate and the dedicated specialists are helpful when needed, too.

What do you dislike?

With any software you come across, you are bound to find limitations. Any limitation thus far, we have been able to accommodate and come up with a solution to resolve the setback.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be open to suggestions and willing to work proactively with your reps.

Paycom has assisted our company in moving into a paperless era. With the personnel action forms and document storage system, we have reduced our paper waste for employees tremendously.

Paycom review by jamie V.
jamie V.

"Paycom's level of customer service is excellent and the software/website is easy to use"

What do you like best?

My company has been using Paycom's services since the late 1990's. They consistently process our payroll correctly and on time. The customer service response is exceptional. It doesn't matter that we are a small company, we still get a dedicated team of specialists that usually respond to all requests within 15 minutes. The software/website is very easy to use and the built in report writer allows for special reports to be generated for things like worker's comp and insurance audits.

What do you dislike?

Nothing comes to mind. It works well and does what I need it to do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's easy to use and is priced right. Customer service is excellent.

Being a small company, it was difficult to keep up with all the thing involved in the payroll process. Tax rates, tax filings, vacation and sick leave accruals, and W2's took a considerable amount of time. We tried using an in-house program and then using another payroll processing company. Paycom quickly turned our payroll function into a smooth, streamlined process.

Paycom review by Ron T.
Ron T.

"Simple and Easy to use"

What do you like best?

I love how the tool has a desktop version and a just as powerful mobile version. I'm about to easily do whatever I need to on either device.

What do you dislike?

Nothing as of yet. Its still being fully implemented but as of now everything I need it for as an employee and manager has been great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its not as well known as some others but certainly has potential. It will be a big player quite soon

It certainly makes it easy to track everything all at one place. No need to go from one system to another. Plus knowing we can easily scale with this system is another plus. Our previous tool did not let us do that and we started using it always knowing we would need to eventually move to another system.

Paycom review by Nancy R.
Nancy R.

"Great Payroll and Expense System"

What do you like best?

Paycom is a great payroll and expense system for any employee to utilize. It is easy to use and has capabilities to input hourly or actual clocked time as well as expenses. You can also run reports ad hoc.

What do you dislike?

There are really no features that I do not like about this application tool. It is a very functional tool in many ways and easy to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great product for any size company and all types of employees. The ease of use and the end-user application is extremely easy to use on a daily, weekly, monthly or even annual basis depending on the need.

This is a one stop shop for all my HR needs with Time logging as well as expense tracking and reporting for annual budgeting needs.

Paycom review by Administrator in Banking
Administrator in Banking

"Excellent experience with a great company"

What do you like best?

I love that Paycom truly listens to the needs of their customers. Paycom is always working to give their customers the best possible products.

The Paycom products all link and communication together. Timecards flow into the payroll grid allow for payroll to be processed in minutes. The checklist and flags within Payroll grid, allow to ensure that you have not missed anything. Paycom stays on top of any legal changes and their training is outstanding. There are webinars, product manuals, information sheet and flow charts readily available to help with any question. Having a dedicated Payroll Specialist is a great benefit.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, it is very difficult to dislike anything within the Paycom system. The Report Center can be overwhelming at times, but my dedicated payroll specialist is always there to save me.

There are alot of benefits to Paycom. Payroll Processing, Document Management, Performance and Compensation, FMLA and Cobra support, to name a few. The list can go on forever.

Paycom review by Tasha S.
Tasha S.

"Fantastic experience"

What do you like best?

Paycom makes doing payroll super easy! Processing payroll does not take me very long at all! And getting the paychecks is so reliable! I have been using Paycom for about 2 years and I have NEVER had late checks to give to employees. To run year end payroll reports is super easy as well.

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike anything about Paycom. If I ever hit a snag, I contact my representative and she resolves it fast, or answers my questions. Because they have a great staff - I don't have anything that I 'dislike' for very long.

With the other payroll processing, I would some times get checks - the day of Pay, or a day late. It was so frustrating. Now, I never give it a second thought. I know that my employees will get their checks on time.

Paycom review by Angela H.
Angela H.

"Excellent Service"

What do you like best?

Our company has used the Paycom payroll system since 2005. Their system allows the payroll process to take only minutes each month. The system is designed to allow the employer to add employees and make changes throughout the year with ease. The Paycom system streamlines the payroll process, tax rates, tax filings, accruals, and the preparation of W2's. There is always a payroll specialist available to answer questions. Our payroll has always been processed in a timely and correct manner.

What do you dislike?

We've had several different payroll specialists. However, it has not caused any issues. It's just a matter of developing a working relationship with someone new.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great value for any company that is looking for a reliable payroll processing company.

Cost effective, saves time, insures timely and accurate remittance of our payroll taxes and preparation of our year end W2s for our employees.

Paycom review by Walter S.
Walter S.

"Poor Service. Bad Technology. Error prone. Painful. It was a mistake to switch to Paycom"

What do you like best?

The reporting functionality is fairly capable, albeit difficult to use. One local technical person was great, but the rest of team in Oklahoma had been disappointing.

What do you dislike?

We switched from ADP to Paycom. Big mistake. While we were not happy with ADP, we had no idea how terrible Paycom would be. Conversion was expensive and full of errors. Time off PTO accruals were a total disaster. Almost our entire Paycom "team" left in less than 6 months. We'd been assigned multiple reps in less than a year. They are defensive. We've had entire payroll not process. Duplicate check numbers were issued on multiple occasions, causing bank to not honor paychecks for fraud concern.. Accrual system is antiquated; you have to manually calculate final checks, and if you need to cut a manual check during a payroll week, you have to do this "blind" as they can't show you current pay period accrual data until payroll is "paid" days later. Rep told us to "white out" accrual info on terminated employee manual checks because "the info is not accurate". We've had paychecks delivered late (in one case payroll never processed). This is the worst service provided I've ever worked with.

Recommendations to others considering the product

In brief: look elsewhere. At a minimum, be weary of conversion. We paid $7500 and had terrible experience. The accruals are very complicated in Paycom, and don't work properly. Paycom pushes burden on you to catch errors.

We are in Los Angeles, and paycom closes at 5pm sharp. THERE IS NO 24 HOUR emergency line. When our promised paychecks did not show up by 5pm, we had no ability to reach anyone. It is not possible to see info to run manual checks if the system has a glitch.

We realized fewer benefits at a higher cost.

Paycom review by Administrator in Oil & Energy
Administrator in Oil & Energy

"Absolute Disappointment"

What do you like best?

I would like it if it were a different system.

What do you dislike?

Too many things to count. They sell it as "one" system it's not. You can't build off of a standard report, so you have to create an entirely new report but not all of the fields that are available on the standard reports are available in the custom reports. So basically if you want to add one field to a standard report you have to call customer service. The reporting piece in general is a nightmare.

There is no training or understanding of how/when the data is getting into the system during implementation. Everything will look right and then all of the sudden it's changed and everything is off. I've spent countless hours fixing items they've adjusted themselves.

There is no Ben-Admin. They sell you the benefit tool but it's clunky and cumbersome. My new hires have to go through 38 pages of information to enroll in our plans. The system is not robust enough to know what to offer and what not to offer so they have to waive everything if it's not applicable.

Talk to multiple people before taking them on their word. Our "implementation specialist" told us the system couldn't do certain things, it can so now that employees are in the system and being paid we're trying to rework everything.

I've gone through 3 other implementations and this one has by far been the worst.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ask about the client portal vs the employee ess (managers have 2 different logins, 1 for their ess account and 1 to sign off on time cards.) I spend about 45 minutes a day resetting passwords and making sure they're logged in to the right side.

They don't work well with other systems. If you have a COBRA provider you like, forget it. You have to use Paycom or enter them all manually. Paycom does not currently have a COBRA file feed connection and they will not send a census to our provider (discovery).

The "implementation specialist on site" sounds great but mine spent more time answering other clients questions and calling other people because she didn't know much. I was told several times that the system couldn't handle certain labor allocations, only to be told it could after we implemented. Now I'm having to re-work everything.

The BenAdmin is a bare bones system. If you have more that medical, dental and vision it's cumbersome. My new hires have to go through 38 pages to enroll. It's not robust enough to know if you don't have dependent's don't offer dependent insurance.

You're going to do ALL of the set up. And when I say ALL I mean ALL. It doesn't matter if you know a lot or just a little about systems. They pretty much just upload your employee information and the position management, cascading labor allocations, benefit enrollments are all on you.

All and all I've been highly disappointed.

We wanted one fluid system, it is not. We wanted ease in reporting, there is none.

Paycom review by Greg R.
Greg R.

"We have used Paycom for 9 years. The process is easy and cost effective."

What do you like best?

The simplicity of the online platform makes payroll or company reporting a breeze. Can't say enough about the customer support!. A+

What do you dislike?

No company or product is perfect but we have been very satisfied with Paycom

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have not implemented many of the features that Paycom can offer. But for Payroll and report generating, they rock! I have friends who use them for Human Resource management and they also speak highly but I do not have a great deal of knowledge from that side of the software. If it is anything like the payroll side, it will blow you away!

The payroll process is now so easy, I have more time to spend on sales and marketing. I real win for my organization. But perhaps best of all, it allows me to get out of the office and do more lead generating.

Paycom review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"RUN FAR FAR AWAY - Countless errors, slow to fix, lack of experience in payroll and taxes all around"

What do you like best?

Not much but if I had to choose... someone picks up the phone on every call. The flexible reporting options are also good.

What do you dislike?

Their tax department is a total mess. My company's implementation was a disaster and I am still finding things that need corrections over a year later. Tax errors I pointed out months ago have still not been resolved and I've burned countless man hours combing through and fixing their mistakes. With my previous payroll company, I had zero worries. I now have sleepless nights wondering about all the possible errors still occurring with our payroll.

The Employee Self Service is glitchy and locks my employees out with no rhyme or reason.

It seems Paycom experienced growth too fast and became unable to offer the kind of service required of an HR system. Most people I speak with are inexperienced and unsure and it has truly been a nightmare since day 1.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't use it. All of the big names offer similar HR functions. Pay more attention to the payroll side of things and don't fall for the gimmicky features.

I made the mistake of assuming they had the payroll portion down and have paid for it ever since.

I have encountered more problems in switching than I have solved. I am currently only using the system for payroll and HR files. I have lost buy in from all of my managers because of all the glitches in the scheduling / T&A portions so it has no benefits at this point.

Paycom review by Lindsey C.
Lindsey C.

"Amazing Company!"

What do you like best?

Easy-to-use program, reliable technology. As a user of this software, I never had to worry about collecting or keeping up with my information. Paycom does all that for you. They take the guesswork out of payroll and that is incredibly valuable, especially for my individual tax purposes. They are a trusted resource for all things Human Resource related. I have watched an individual work on all the things that Paycom supplies (payroll, tax withholdings, etc) and it is more than one person can do. Paycom does all this AND MORE.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing about PayCom that I dislike. Everyone can use this interface... From the woman who has never used computers, to the 18-year-old who grew up knowing how to use them. If problems ever arose, which were rare, the employees at PayCom quickly and efficiently solved them and did so with wonderful customer service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

PayCom meets all Payroll needs and then some. You never have to worry if you have the information you need because Paycom does the work for you.

As an individual, I have found that any Payroll question I have can be answered quickly and efficiently by this program. The system is very intuitive for a basic user. The more you learn to navigate the system, the more you uncover functionalities that help to improve payroll and HR. It all seems so easy, especially when you consider the critical data involved (salaries, personal information, taxes information, etc).

Paycom review by Samantha P.
Samantha P.

"Love this Website!!"

What do you like best?

The thing I like best about Paycom is the option to use a paycheck calculator so I know how much I have for bills. It's also super easy to clock in an out at work!

What do you dislike?

The only issue I've encountered is it sometimes won't clock me out for the day if I've clocked out at lunch.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use data if it's available, sometimes it works better than the wifi to load the site and it's features faster.

A benefit I really like is the fact that we can leave messages for our managers about scheduling issues for clock in/out problems. I also like the benefit of them being able to send us training and messages through our notification center so we don't have to take time out of our day to go talk to a member of HR.

Paycom review by Corbin H.
Corbin H.

"Just the Right Fit"

What do you like best?

Paycom is very easy to use and very intuitive. This reduces the amount of training time and administration issues with our organizational users.

What do you dislike?

They routinely have challenges whenever they rollout an update that result in unintended "glitches", but they always get them resolved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For small organizations with simpler requirements from the HR systems, Paycom is an ideal product. For larger organizations with more complex demands of the HR system, Paycom lacks the customizability and feature richness that might be called for.

Talent management is our biggest focus right now. Paycom is delivering the analytics we need to make sure we're doing the right things to retain our key talent.

Paycom review by Mike R.
Mike R.

"Director, Human Resources"

What do you like best?

The host of tools available to accomplish basically anything and everything I need to accomplish from an HR perspective. The ability to have things consolidated into one single platform! The intuitiveness of modules. The LMS and the ability to easily create content, course and then setup of sessions. The ATS, the ability to compliant manage all aspect of the applicant process makes the entire talent acquisition a breeze. All the account specialist I have been assigned have been responsive and knowledgeable. I have not once been able to get things resolved or answered!

What do you dislike?

It is an evil necessity, the frequency of changes and updates, it just means I am have to always learn something new and different which is good, so the dislike is really a good thing! The timeout on the login happens to quickly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make it your platform of choice! Invest in the LMS module. The Paycom University courses are quality and make delivering necessary training a breeze. Payroll processing is simple, with enough checks and balances to ensure that you properly processing payroll.

Payroll, learning, federal government compliance issues, performance, compensation,

Paycom review by Sherry F.
Sherry F.

"Paycom Delivers Exceptional Service"

What do you like best?

Paycom's software is easy to use and their customer service is fantastic. There is always a live person there ready to answer all my questions. Having Paycom's service also helps me to perform my job more efficiently as I know payroll will always be done on time and accurately.

What do you dislike?

There really isn't anything I do not like about our partnership with Paycom.

We have to allocate staff time across several revenue sources so that we invoice grantees and private funders according to the contracts issued. Labor Allocation allows us to this in a manner that saves me an incredible amount of time.

Paycom review by Shane W.
Shane W.

"Basic and functional time management site"

What do you like best?

I appreciate how simple the Paycom interface is. Very basic options and no additional bells and whistles, which is especially helpful when trying to clock in/out and add hours quickly.

What do you dislike?

Under the "add hours" option, it's a little tedious to select the starting and ending dates and department number each time I want to add a new set of hours, especially if I'm adding day-by-day. Instead, I wonder what the development team would think about creating a "quick add" option where one could specify one department number and then add hours under that department for each day of the week without having to re-open the pop-up box each time (for example, Workday has this functionality).

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great, basic tool for employee management and timesheet organization!

Paycom allows my colleagues and I to stay organized with hours worked and approve timesheets efficiently.

Paycom review by Administrator in Machinery
Administrator in Machinery

"Awful Customer Service "

What do you like best?

The system does have a good layout and is relatively user-friendly. It took our employees no time at all to learn the new system.

What do you dislike?

The customer service has been awful. We have paid for all of these services but getting Paycom to help us implement them is next to impossible. We had a great team come out and help us transition over, which went awful, and then after that, they set us up with a young inexperienced new rep.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to get a good timeline for when they will implement all services that you are paying for. They have messed up our system and have taken months to correct it (still not corrected). I can not run my AAP info because of that.

It was supposed to eliminate all the other systems we were using, but we have been unable to get the other portions of the system working yet.

Paycom review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"Very bumpy road"

What do you like best?

For as much trouble as we had with the implementation, we have always been able to get in touch with someone to talk through issues, so that is something. We switched from ADP and one of the main reasons we chose Paycom was their service model. While there has been some turnover and our implementation team was not good at all from a project management perspective, the day-to-day service has been good. We don't have to "put in a ticket" like we did with ADP when an issue arises. We are generally able to reach someone via email or phone to go over the issue live.

What do you dislike?

Well, our implementation was pretty awful. Having been through this process before, I knew that there would be bumps in the road, but this was beyond any of our expectations. We chose to utilize Paycom's expense management solution and that was a terrible decision. We only lasted a few months before we had to purchase a new system to do expenses. The simplest user experience items were just not thought of (only allowing 10 line items per expense report, not being able to edit your expense report after it's been submitted, etc....I could go on). Every time we suggested something, it was like the first time they had ever heard of it and it would go into the "development request queue", which never seems to help.

One of the most frustrating aspects of the system as a user is that managers have 2 separate logins to the system. 1 as a Client Login so they can view their team's info and the other as the Employee Self-Service login for their own information. Our employees are really frustrated by this. While you can toggle between the two, they often get locked out, can't remember both passwords, etc. And, in order to give managers access to their team's compensation info, I had to create custom fields and re-enter compensation info. Paycom has coupled pay & hire date information with sensitive information such as Social Security Number and EEO information and that cannot be separated. You give managers access via granting access to specific forms and for some odd reason, all of that information is bundled onto the forms that contain the information managers SHOULD have access to.

PTO has to be "pulled" through a payroll in order for it to be deducted from accounts. It causes a lot of confusion among our employees who are looking for a very accurate picture of their accrual balances.

Generally, the system is very clunky. Everything is tied to these "forms" and it feels like you have to do 12 steps to get 1 thing set up. For instance, in order to give employees access to certain onboarding forms, you first have to create an onboarding checklist, then create a folder with the forms, then create a group that has access to that folder. It goes on and on. Again, we were not happy with ADP, but I would think twice about implementing Paycom again. They really need to up their game on user experience.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Think about what you need out of the system. It is generally OK for us as administrators (albeit clunky), but the employee experience is way behind other systems.

If you are an international company, I do not recommend Paycom. They do not support foreign currency at all.

We do not use their timesheets because we don't have hourly employees. It seems that a lot of Paycom's functionality is built around using timesheets (for instance, the accrual balance updates).

Generally, payroll has gone fairly smoothly (after our very painful implementation). It takes less time to process than it did with ADP.

Paycom review by Carissa B.
Carissa B.

"Amazing Payroll/Benefits and HRIS Platform"

What do you like best?

The system is extremely easy to use. It is truly a one-stop system for all HR related functions including payroll, benefits, recruiting, database tracking, etc.

What do you dislike?

I would update the time off accruals a little to ensure instant capturing of requests vs. updating when a payroll file is run. This is the only thing I would change about Paycom at this point

The system has a large online and document storing capability so it takes much less "hands" and paper to keep personnel files and historical tracking of all HR functions. Saves a tremendous amount of time in an industry that is traditionally paper based

Paycom review by User in Pharmaceuticals
User in Pharmaceuticals

"Paycom User review"

What do you like best?

I like that I can now access my Paycom account via a mobile app, which allows for Touch ID to be used for login purposes.

What do you dislike?

It makes me change my password more often than I'd like. I get that it's security and such, but my bank and brokerage account don't make me change my password, so why should Paycom? Also, it would be nice if I could manage my own disbursements rather than needing to update amounts and bank accounts with HR.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Online records of paystubs and mobile app are very convenient. W2 forms can be downloaded through the portal, so no need to wait for employer to mail forms.

It helps me keep track of my PTO hours that have been applied to billing cycles, and what PTO hours are still available. This allows me to keep my employer accountable to make sure my time is all accounted for. It's also good to have a heads up on where my paycheck is going and what the totals will be by the end of the year... good for tax return estimating before W2 forms come out. It's also great because I can see my paystubs online, vs having to deal with keeping hard copy papers organized.

Paycom review by Leslie R.
Leslie R.

"Big Mistake"

What do you like best?

The Payroll process isn't too bad and our employees are paid.

What do you dislike?

Too many items....poor functionality, UI, reports, on-boarding ATS, HRIS, customer service, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for only payroll, it isn't too too bad, but utilizing any of the other modules is a big mistake. Paycom appears to be designed by people not in HR and the processes don't make any sense. ATS is the weakest I've ever worked with. We can't even email applicants non-selection letters. ACA and 1095-C reports were wrong and I had to manually correct all before they could go out, even though we paid and implemented the benefits module that was supposed to make 1095s automatic. I could go on and on.

Trying to hire and pay people, pretty simple you'd think. Can't wait to terminate and move to another provider.

Paycom review by Katherine C.
Katherine C.

"Anna's House is grateful for Paycom!"

What do you like best?

We are a small nonprofit and the accounting needs of our organization are handled in the most professional and kindest way. We wouldn't be more thrilled. Every single question I've had on process or capability has been answered with the most thorough and helpful answers. We are so glad to have this service for our company and our staff.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I currently dislike about the quality and performance of Paycom's service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think this is a perfect software for all! I've used this service at my current company with 10 employees and was a user with at another organization with 170 employees. It is so customizable and the people who work there are fantastic.

We use Paycom for our payroll needs.

Paycom review by Soraya C.
Soraya C.

"Easy user interface wit good features"

What do you like best?

I like that it has options for doing employee performance ratings ad well a regular work time management and payroll

What do you dislike?

The interface can be slow at times and the look of the program could use some improvements.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Has good features and can be very easy to use for employees with all skill levels when it comes to web based services.

The business problems that are solved is managing employee time, payroll and electronic records of payroll and tax related documents as well as provide a way to have supervisors and employees rate performance.

Paycom review by Administrator in Real Estate
Administrator in Real Estate

"Paycom Review"

What do you like best?

Paycom is all-around fantastic! We switched from ADP to Paycom earlier this year and it was the best decision our company could have made. The implementation process was seamless and the service from the implementation specialists could not have been greater. We use all functions of the system and it could not be more intuitive or simple to use. I previously spent hours on the phone with ADP on a daily basis and now I rarely have to reach out to my service representative at Paycom. And when I do have a question, I know my representative will get back to me quickly with exactly the information I need. I cannot say enough wonderful things about the customer service!!

What do you dislike?

Nothing! I have zero complaints so far!

Recommendations to others considering the product

You will not be disappointed!!

We had multiple issues with ADP on both the HR and employee sides. Our employees love Paycom as it's so user friendly and can be accessed from their mobile device. The amount of time I was spending on making calls to ADP to resolve system issues was taking up so much of my day that it was challenging to get any other work done. Paycom has given me the ability to manage my workload effectively again!

Paycom review by Jenna S.
Jenna S.

"Paycom - Great Payroll/HRIS Software"

What do you like best?

We started using Paycom in 2015 and I wish we had switched over sooner. Paycom has helped us grow from around 300 employees to 900 current employees. The customer service is excellent. I have never had a problem that Paycom can't fix. The entire employee life cycle is in Paycom and I can access employee files from anywhere. They also have a user friendly app for the employees that allow them to access all of their information.

What do you dislike?

I have no complaints! Paycom has exceeded my expectations.

We have completely eliminated paper personnel files. All of our files are in Paycom and we have streamlined all of our HR functions. They have saved our HR department so much time.

Paycom review by Administrator in Education Management
Administrator in Education Management

"Happy We Made the Switch!"

What do you like best?

The best thing about Paycom has been the customer service. I love that I have one person assigned to me so I'm not calling a 1-800 number and getting a new person each time who doesn't know the ins and outs of our company. Paycom has worked extremely hard to make sure that our implementation from ADP went smoothly. They have been wonderful all around! Paycom has made our onboarding process so much smoother with the help of their tasks and checklists. Our hiring process is also much smoother and has given us a reason to get rid of big, bulky employee files!

What do you dislike?

The list of things I dislike is small. Paycom has many reports available and sometimes it is difficult to find the report I need (too many options). The reports can be very detailed, which I like, but it is difficult to run certain reports on my own without calling my Paycom representative. We have some employees who work in multiple departments and I wish there was a way to have multiple supervisors approve time cards. In relation to time cards, I wish that an alert would show up when I run payroll if a time card has not been approved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You will not be disappointed with Paycom! They ensure the best customer service and will work with you through all of your organization's kinks so that the system is working the best for your organization.

We are solving on-boarding problems with collecting new hire paperwork and creating task lists so that nothing slips under the radar. This has helped us stay organized and create a better on-boarding process for new employees.

Paycom review by Jeanean S.
Jeanean S.

"Paycom is the most efficient, innovative and trustworthy resource for our payroll and human resource"

What do you like best?

With Paycom, doing payroll and implementing benefits such as vacation accruals, pension plan contributions, and health benefits is very simple to administer freeing up time to focus on our organization’s growth.

When adding a new feature or benefit, Paycom’s customer service is amazing! Our professional account representative is friendly, helpful and efficient.

Our employees love Paycom because they have access to their account 24/7 for their own peace of mind as well as great tools such as vacation requests and proof of income verification when they are making exciting life changes such as buying a car or house.

Paycom is also continually providing great training and updates on new features that are available. In a quick minute or two, I have learned valuable information on how Paycom is doing even more to stay ahead of client’s needs and wants by continuing to be innovative and an invaluable resource. Paycom has been the best company decision for us!

What do you dislike?

Paycom has exceeded our greatest expectations!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Paycom is the best choice for payroll and human resource administration! If you are currently using a different service or doing it on your own, it would very wise for you to reach out to Paycom ASAP and see how this will truly enhance your productivity and company's bottom line!

Our most valuable asset are our employees. For a payroll and benefits administrator, Paycom puts customer first in taking care of employees with efficiency and protects our business in the ever-changing world of government regulations and taxes. Thankfully our payroll taxes, healthcare regulations, and complicated government reporting is all handled by Paycom, providing the assurance that our business is 100% compliant.

Paycom review by Kristine R.
Kristine R.

"Paycom is Fantastic!"

What do you like best?

The website is easy to use, for admins and employees. Our setup was a breeze. A Paycom Transition Specialist came to our office and uploaded all the information they needed. They did all the brunt work, I just had to learn how to use the product. They also provided onsite trainings and a GoToMeeting for our remote employees to teach them how to navigate the website and get employee support for switching payroll companies.

What do you dislike?

There are a lot of things that Paycom can do for you, it can take a while to master them all. But they have great training videos and everyone has a personal trainer who will come to your office to get you on your feet!

We have a complicated payroll, and Paycom can actually do it. We have integrated benefits and applicant tracking that we weren't utilizing with our previous payroll company.

Paycom review by Victoria G.
Victoria G.

"Paycom is a Business Enhancer!"

What do you like best?

The efficiency, organization, accessibility and how user friendly it is! But, I have to say the best feature of Paycom is our Implementation team. We were a mess when we met with Paycom and from the initial meeting our sales rep. was able to provide a solution to each problem and bring on an implementation team to execute those solutions and enhance our current structure and procedures.

What do you dislike?

Nothing bad comes to mind when thinking of Paycom.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't second guess Paycom! We made that mistake at first and the result was a bigger mess, more stress, and never ending headaches! Paycom is the way to go!

Smoother more efficient onboarding, payroll has become a breeze in comparison to where we were before, human capital management has improved, Paycom's customer service is exceptional -they are able to provide answers and solutions immediately and provide suggestions on what could be better for us. And most important everything is in one place! We've decreased expenses of outside vendors and other third party systems to complete task that could not be completed through our previous HRIS/Payroll software.

Paycom review by Rebecca M.
Rebecca M.

"Paycom provides a complete solution for payroll processing and more."

What do you like best?

Prior to Paycom, the process of calculating, withholding, paying, and filing payroll taxes was time consuming and stressful. Having Paycom manage payroll taxes lessens this burden and liability.

What do you dislike?

Paycom frequently evolves and enhances their product, so the user must stay updated with all features and functionality. At the same time, these enhancements are vital for keeping the product current.

One specific area which Paycom has provided value to BIS is the Human Resources portion of the solution. Using modules like Talent Acquisition, Talent Management, and Human Resources, BIS has been able to revolutionize the HR Department and its processes.

Paycom review by Rachel B.
Rachel B.

"User friendly - very intelligent "

What do you like best?

I like that each tab is easily accessible, easy to understand and not misleading.

What do you dislike?

There could be a few more features added such as exporting pay documents all at once instead of one by one.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep it updated with all accurate information.

Pay stubs, payroll, health benefits and PTO all stored in one place under one domain. The benefit of this is that there is no lack of communication, everything in pay com is easily visible and accessible to my higher ups or whomever has the authority and they don't have to go through multiple sources to find.

Paycom review by Ashley S.
Ashley S.

"Paycom Review"

What do you like best?

I love that Paycom is a fully inclusive employee and employer resource. From the TimeClock to the Company Infomation, Paycom is essentially a "one-stop-shop", allowing users to monitor their hours, benefits, paychecks, time off accruals, information updates, and more.

What do you dislike?

i don't like that I have to export my earning statements to a PDF file. While it is not entirely inconvenient, it would still be much easier to be able to print them directly from the website. I also wish that a tax setup worksheet would be made available directly on the tax setup page. it would be much easier to utilize the worksheet before deciding deductions.

I don't believe there are current problems involving the paycom system. I have realized the benefit of an all inclusive payroll data system. Paycom truly places control back into the hands of the employee.

Paycom review by Alex P.
Alex P.

"Our experience has been nothing short of a dream!"

What do you like best?

As a technologist, we like the technology and the avenues by which we can use the Paycom platform. Very intuitive. Additionally, their customer service is pretty amazing. One point of contact after implementation - single source of knowledge about our account.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to put here. We are completely satisfied.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make the switch. It's the best solution we reviewed.

We're solving the human capital management problem for a small company. Our core competency isn't HCM - it's securing data. We needed a solution that addressed the immediate pain points like payroll, benefits, and applicant tracking. We will be using more of their solutions like their LMS in the near future though.

Paycom review by Debbie H.
Debbie H.

"Paycom evaluation"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use with the program. I enjoy all the staff that I work with at Paycom. Paycom has some really informed employees who are very helpful, patient and knowledgeable.

I would like to call out for Krissi Mueller and Jordan Gilbert for their amazing amount of patience. they have both been extremely helpful.

What do you dislike?

I have moved around to so many different people for help that it gets confusion who does what for what. I feel more follow through (follow up) would be good. I think feel your staff may be too busy and need more help so they can do the follow up that is needed to just even just check in with the people they are representing.

The employees have a very hard time logging into Paycom and getting locked out. I get this question from employees more than any other, manager's as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take good notes, don't be afraid of change and give yourself time to learn. Paycom is a very robust program and can do just about any thing you need to do. I haven't found anything that they have not been able to accomplish. Give it a try I think you'll like it.

We have been able to simplify Payroll better. The HR and PR have been combined and are working well together. We have incorporated with Jordan Gilberts help the GL mapping and have gotten several reports that are very useful. The benefits are easy of information and complicating reporting and reports.

Paycom review by Administrator in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
Administrator in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

"Not the product that was sold to us"

What do you like best?

I literally just struggled for 2 minutes trying to drum up what I "like about Paycom". I'm sorry, I cannot come up anything

What do you dislike?

Archaic.

It is flat out not intuitive enough. We have been with them 1.5 years and I have submitted 15-20 development requests. Most of them are extremely simple, common sense additions. The staff appears to be young, fresh out of college and no one has the experience of an HR Manager or Payroll Manager or ANY office/executive/management experience whatsoever. The "improvements" they have made over the last 1.5 years have been irrelevant in my opinion. Benefits management...hold on, just the thought of it makes me tear up. Our first Open Enrollment through Paycom was literally the WORST experience of my life! And we came from paper applications which I thought was bad! Their Application builder is exceptionally archaic and does not allow for true customization.

Oh, and they have very high turnover and when people leave, we don't find out until we aren't getting replies and then we CC someone else who informs us of the change. I literally could go on and on and on...

Recommendations to others considering the product

if you need the ABSOLUTE BASICS, meaning a place to put your employees names and personal info and perhaps payroll, then fine. Otherwise...RUN!!!!!!!

Getting rid of paper driven processes

Paycom review by Administrator

"Overall Paycom has a lot to offer and I have been able to learn the system pretty easily. "

What do you like best?

I like the ability to create notifications and build Reports that generate them self's. Help to lower the level and remembering the little things.

What do you dislike?

I wish the system could speak to all forms within an employee profile and i have been having issues with the scheduling system not working to lock out employees until there schedule shift. Every time i reach out to the help desk that cant figure it out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a good product. there is a lot to offer. Just remember there will always be minor flaws within any system. We cant have all our requirements met, but Paycom comes close.

Paycom really helps when it comes to open enrollment and feeding the information to the carriers.

Paycom review by Jen W.
Jen W.

"Secure Payroll Options"

What do you like best?

The ability to easily track payroll and PTO. The program is very user-friendly, and there are a lot of good security measures in place. We're able to track different projects by allowing users to select which client they are billing hours for.

What do you dislike?

The program times out very quickly...I wish it would stay active for a little longer.

We're able to track hours for both salaried and hourly employees. It's very easy to track accrued PTO and for employees to request time off. Supervisors are able to approve or reject the requests from their account. We're able to track billable hours for each client by having employees select which client they are working on, and being able to easily transfer time.

Paycom review by Peter N.
Peter N.

"Fits my needs but can be cumbersome."

What do you like best?

It can be flexible and my employees can edit their timesheets to make changes (clocked in early or late or covering for another employee). This allows me to review instead of having to make all the changes personally.

What do you dislike?

Doesn't have anything for week to week scheduling of numerous part time employees. I had to purchase a different program to manage schedules and availability.

Parent organization uses it and so I am stuck with it. It's not bad, but it doesn't fit my needs. It's problematic having 1 program to schedule my employees and keep track of availability and then having another that can only log hours to be paid.

Paycom review by User in Internet

"Would highly recommend paycom"

What do you like best?

Paycom is an excellent compensation management tool. It has everything organized in a easy to use fashion. I personally like how it breaks down each paycheck, and lets you know how much your next check will be (especially with commissions) after taxes.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is it can be challenging to get logged back in if you get locked out. I had an instance where it would not let me change my username and it was hard to log back in. Had to contact my admin to get it squared away.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They're the leader for a reason. Excellent software.

Paycom keeps all compensation and commissions organized for every employee. It makes it easy for employees to see how much they are getting paid and are able to budget proactively.

Paycom review by Cecile C.
Cecile C.

"Very happy with Paycom"

What do you like best?

My experience with Paycom has been great. After much research, I found them to be a perfect fit for a small company (as we are) that wants all of the same services offered to large corporations. I don't feel that we needed to compromise at all. Our platform includes training videos, payroll services, performance review tools, survey tools, and more. It is truly a full-service HR platform.

What do you dislike?

Some of the features require several steps during the implementation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend Paycom

We have been able to replace multiple TPA's with Paycom, thus making it easier for our staff to access most of what they need in one place.

Paycom review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Paying made easy"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to access all pay-related (and even many other non-pay related) paperwork online, in a single platform. It is easy to navigate and, above all, I love being able to sign all employee on-boarding paperwork online. It saves so much time and paper.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the weekly hour approval process. I wish there was a way to be able to correct my own hours if I spot a mistake, instead of having to go through my boss to change it for me. If the employer has to approve the correction anyway, I don't see why I wouldn't be able to change it myself.

I use it mainly for payroll.

Paycom review by Carson B.
Carson B.

"Paycom Review"

What do you like best?

I like how Paycom is all online and everything is contained on the web without use of paper. It really cuts down on lags due to sending paper around from office to office or person to person. It is nice to be able to have employees approve their time cards, then myself as a supervisor approve and it automatically gets sent to payroll for them to process.

What do you dislike?

I do not like having to input a separate time in and out when supervising employees and someone does not punch in and out. I wish you could add the in and out time simultaneously.

It is an accurate time tracking system that keeps employees accountable. It cuts down on paperwork having to be signed and sent interoffice in regards to benefits and enrollment.

"Paycom for HR"

What do you like best?

Service to use for paying products and employees is easy to streamline. It has helped with the dash board plus we can use multiple things in just one program. That has been a great asset and something that our company has really enjoyed.

What do you dislike?

The product is expensive to Renew each year. We've just started the trial and are implementing but am unsure if we are going to stick with the product. This is a newer program for our company so it has been hard at times to get all employees on board. Some have problems with logging into the interface and using the program. I wish there could be more marketing spent on the program that would help new staff/younger staff. Biggest competitor would be ADP.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check out other forums and videos.

Paying service providers and helps with HR and employees payment. Realized it’s nice to have payment options for providers in one service. It has helped with time and expense management. Time sheets can be annoying and no one likes to use them but Paycom has been beneficial in that way. Also, the core HR is great for us and we've switched from ADP. We will look to expand to using more within the program. Like the background check and compensation management. We are looking forward to what the future holds with this program as long as budge will allow for the moving expansion.

Paycom review by Jacquelyn K.
Jacquelyn K.

"Very Helpful and Knowledgable"

What do you like best?

- Our implementation team

- Customization

- The system has a mobile app

- Very responsive for all our questions

- Did extensive research on our specific problems

What do you dislike?

- Sometimes TOO customizable

- Not user friendly

Recommendations to others considering the product

Performance management needs to be MUCH easier. Less customizable, suggest simple templates and people can customize from that.

The company's main goal was to have 100% visibility into our payroll as we were on a PEO with no visibility and to reduce cost. The system is easy to use for administrators and definitely helps us stay organized. We've also reduced our costs by 50%

Paycom review by Administrator in Defense & Space
Administrator in Defense & Space

"Paycom Review"

What do you like best?

I do like the interface interlinks all types of HR software at once for such solutions as ACA, Benefits Administration, Payroll, Self Service, PAF's and COBRA Administration. It does have it's own reporting system and their mobile device interface is great.

What do you dislike?

There is a bit disorganization within the system as it is hard to find what you want as you have to search through many windows and screens. There is no intuitive search engine so this makes it difficult. I don't like that you basically have to use the PAF Function for status and organizational changes for your organization. I also believe the reporting is clunky and does not have any built in IBM Business Intelligence so it would be hard to build great custom reports. It makes it hard to look at since there are fields all over the place.

It is a good overall HRIS System and better than some others that I have used in the past such Deltek HRIS. I do think Workday and ADP are more robust systems with higher capabilities. It has done it's job as an HRIS system but could be more user friendly and better system upgrades.

"Recommend"

What do you like best?

The implementation was a cakewalk. One day we decided to become a Paycom user and overnight the software was functioning. Almost zero internal technical resources needed to be involved.

What do you dislike?

It'd be cool to see an API framework to allow more integration into other LOB applications. Expense management could flow directly from my corporate credit card accounts into Paycom if I had an API for expense management.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Paycom is great for us as a small non-profit and is like having our own payroll and benefits department when in reality we only have one person managing this from our office. The Paycom support staff is always ready to help and make it easier for us to handle the applications and make it easy for our employees to use.

It solves the problem of having only one system for everything. We use Paycom for almost everything they have to offer except recruiting.

Paycom review by Katie M.
Katie M.

"It Could Be Better"

What do you like best?

Time clock, PTO, reporting, and performance reviews are all tracked in one place.

What do you dislike?

The program does not run as smoothly as it should. There's a lot of errors and issues with the program that make functioning for employees and users more difficult than it should be.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Paycom meets our business needs, however, there are functions in the program that could be improved.

We use Paycom to track employee time, PTO, performance reviews, and to run reports for employee data. It's convenient that we can do that all out of one program.

Paycom review by Administrator

"Great service and quality products"

What do you like best?

I speak to a live specialist when I need help. It is an Oklahoma based company and I know they are committed to providing great opportunities for the people that work there which means great service for the customers. Everyone I worked with treated me well even though I was a smaller business compared to many of their customers but in franchising one location can lead to a lot of accounts. As a small business/franchise owner a big fear is messing up the taxes and Paycom ensures we pay what we need to pay on time.

What do you dislike?

Nothing at this time. They continue to grow and expand so I appreciate that about the company new releases sometimes are hard to keep up with.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would absolutely recommend Paycom. Their service model is unique and they have the original CEO and he remains committed to the success and financial well being of the organization and the people who make it happen everyday. I can say this in full confidence because I know several people that are on the Paycom team and while they work really hard they love what they do and where the organization is headed.

Payroll is a basic but also 401k management for small businesses and easy hiring.

Paycom review by Nicole W.
Nicole W.

"Everything you need in one place"

What do you like best?

I can monitor pay rates, demographics, payroll and timekeeping all in one place!

What do you dislike?

I wish the software was a little more user friendly for managers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're wanting to streamline your HR process and keep everything in one place, Paycom is the way to go!

I'm able to keep track of PTO requests, expenses and timecards all in one place, which helps eliminate keeping track of these things on different forms.

Paycom review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Too Bulky and Manual"

What do you like best?

I like the training overview on how to use it and the certification courses

What do you dislike?

Paycom's ATS is way too bulky. In order to set up paycom we had several multi hour meetings in order to load our current processes, templates and job descriptions to the ATS. It tooks months for them to add our notes and when it populated there were still many glitches. In order to do simple tasks with candidates we had to click multiple tabs. With other ATS systems things are very simple. Paycom also couldn't do a lot of simple tasks that other ATS systems that were much cheaper could do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Really look at your options before signing on with Paycom. We still use them for our payroll but, we no longer use the ATS capabilities. There are cleaner and cheaper options.

We were trying to stream line our hiring process and go from a very manual one to an automated one. We realized that Paycom wasn't the ATS for us

Paycom review by Kari W.
Kari W.

"OKC National Memorial & Museum"

What do you like best?

we love the online convenience of Paycom and the fact that our employees can use their own mobile phone to access their profile and to clock in and out. As technology changes, Paycom stays up to date and makes necessary changes.

What do you dislike?

there is nothing we don't like about Paycom.

Recommendations to others considering the product

very easy system -- great customer service

Time, convenience, employees personal ability to check payroll, benefits, clock in and out, PTO, etc.

Paycom review by Danny M.
Danny M.

"President Furniture Care Protection"

What do you like best?

Paycom's soft ware is easy to use. The company is easy to work with when you have a question or concern. The tax software is probably our best benefit as we would have to hire an extra employee to take care of payroll taxes if we did not use Paycom.

What do you dislike?

Furniture Care Protection has been with Paycom for over 5 years and has not found any issues

They take care of our payroll, payroll taxes and our HR compliance.

Paycom review by Kathy B.
Kathy B.

"Lots of easy to use features - with some hiccups"

What do you like best?

I liked how easy it was to do things that made sense from an HR business perspective. The reporting is easy, the history and data entry is easy. They have a wonderful mass import feature for practically any field in the system.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally back end calculations associated with payroll broke. And we had to get technical support on it and wait. It's was mildly obnoxious.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you're careful to use the system as it was intended during implementation and not add all sorts of extra stuff to it.

Benefits Administration is easy, loved that COBRA was integrated product. They had a fast turnaround time on the file feeds with insurance companies.

Paycom review by Gina  H.
Gina H.

"Transition to Paycom "

What do you like best?

To have control of our payroll services, access to the employee database, reports and how intuitive the system is.

What do you dislike?

Little bit of trouble with applicant tracking and processing monthly commissions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go in with utilizing your implementation teams.

We have saved a lot with going from PEO to this system. And the reports function is solving a lot and the booking of our payrolls to GL accounts is simplified.

Paycom review by Administrator in Entertainment
Administrator in Entertainment

"Decent Product, Continually Improving "

What do you like best?

Paycom has consistently added new features and worked with my company to make sure we are getting the most out of its product. Most of the customer support team is very helpful and if they do not have an answer for you right away, they will look into it. They are always happy to walk you through using new features or creating custom reports as needed.

What do you dislike?

The product can be hard to navigate particularly on the employee side, which leads to frustrations and headaches for the administrators. There are often weird limitations that come up unexpectedly and can slow progress when trying to work on new reporting systems within the organization. Another negative is that, while Paycom is constantly upgrading, sometimes these upgrades cause features that were working well to start reacting and new and unwelcome ways.

Paycom has definitely helped streamline our payroll process, a company-wide payroll can be completed in an hour if there are no significant changes. This includes reconciling and review by another party. Our company has also been able to move our onboarding process almost entirely online making hiring a much easier process.

Paycom review by Susan S.
Susan S.

"Paycom has been great so far!"

What do you like best?

I like the customer service the best. It has been a smooth transition from ADP to Paycom and implementation was less stressful than it was with ADP. I have one dedicated person to my account that I can call or email whenever I have a question. All the training was in real-time via GoTo Meeting instead of having to take a bunch of online training's (that were even outdated) like I had to do with ADP. I like that when there is a form I would like in the system I just email the Word or PDF file and Paycom puts it in the system and makes it interactive. All my needs are being met with this system!

What do you dislike?

It is taking some time to get used to navigating the system. Coming from ADP to this system it has been difficult to try and navigate as information are in different forms and it is not the first place I think to look. For example social security number is on a different page than the birth date. It's not a huge deal but it takes some getting used to and memorizing where the information I am looking for is located.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just go for it! The system isn't as fancy as ADP or Paylocity, but it reliable. Paycom is like having an iPhone, there isn't as many bells and whistles as a Samsung Galaxy or Note but it's not always crashing, it meets your needs, and most importantly it's reliable. Also like Apple, the customer service can't be beat.

The most important benefit that we have implemented so far is having our performance reviews online in the system. It makes it easier for managers to be reminded about past due performance reviews and it makes completing them quick and easy. It even calculates the raises for me! It is exactly what I have envisioned and it is something that ADP couldn't do. Paycom has more customization to fit employer's needs.

Paycom review by Administrator in Hospital & Health Care
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"Paycom Administrator End User Review"

What do you like best?

I like the advance report writer. I enjoy the flexibility of creating and saving a custom report so that I don't have to re-create it. I also like that it is easy to add or remove information from the reports. We still need to implement other features such as compensation and performance management but I think that our managers will appreciate the ease of managing their employees via paycom.

What do you dislike?

Number of places of data entry forms - I'd like to see an easier transition between forms and screens when entering information. We had a rough start with our implentation so that was not the best experience. I also have not been satisfied with our customer service rep. We've had to escalate issues and concerns to managers. The lack of communication from our client support based on feedback that they were going to do to assist us has been frustrating. We are continually needing to reach for support even though our implementation still has not been fully completed. It has been over a year.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It really is good for Payroll, really plan out and get the system set up before launching to staff and have a good change management and project consultant or someone at the company that can assist with the transition to Paycom.

Moving from a paper processing to electronic platform. We are still in a stage of understanding the system and configuring it for our needs. The one benefit that I realized is the Government Compliance section and the ease of using it to track FMLA and Incidents as it relates to OSHA.

Paycom review by Administrator in Libraries
Administrator in Libraries

"Paycom is much easier to deal with than ADP"

What do you like best?

Much more intuitive than ADP. The reports are easy to set up.

What do you dislike?

Taking a long time to get PERS reporting. We're not able to get all of the features we had before, like comp time and PDF reports.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely give them a try, although we are still in the setup phase and only have 2 payrolls under our belt. I'm sure they will be better than ADP once we get settled in.

Working on getting PERS report set up. The biggest benefit will be that we will have one team to work with us and not have to call in to an 800 number. Time card program is much easier to follow and read and reports are easier to run than ADP's.

Paycom review by Administrator in Furniture
Administrator in Furniture

"Incredibly easy to use! "

What do you like best?

After making the switch from ADP to Paycom I was amazed at the ease of use and simple navigation. Reports are easy to customize as well. Their robust library provides numerous instructions if needed. And if that's not enough their customer service team and our dedicated rep are always quick to respond and more than helpful.

What do you dislike?

While their service is much more affordable than others we have had to add on numerous services which add to our overall cost. It would be nice if many of these services were packaged together.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You wont regret it!

Payroll, Time and Attendance, Document Management, and a detailed attendance point tracking system, which is now automated thanks to PayCom.

Paycom review by Hannah M.
Hannah M.

"Inclusive HR Management system"

What do you like best?

This system allows you to track your mileage, have your employee handbook available to staff, as well as to process payroll and do all other HR functions. It’s very comprehensive and very affordable.

What do you dislike?

The only complaint I have with pay COM is that it’s mileage reimbursement system does not nap onto Google; the staff who are traveling frequently must individually enter addresses that are not pre-populated from Google

Pay COM consolidated the number of HR systems our company was using; We had a separate system for payroll a separate system for time cards and time off and a separate system for mileage tracking

Paycom review by Katie M.
Katie M.

"Paycom - Employee Experience"

What do you like best?

I like the calendar view when requesting time off -- it allows you to see a clear picture of your days available and pending.

What do you dislike?

I think it's a pretty standard PTO system -- I can see PTO, easily request time off, check in on tax documents, see my pay stubs.

It's making resources easily available to employees. You can get most information on the site without having to wait for a response from HR.

Paycom review by Shawn N.
Shawn N.

"Full Service Payroll Provider"

What do you like best?

The best thing about the Paycom software platform is ease of use for the end user/employee.

What do you dislike?

I really don't have a dislike, but if I had to mention anything, it would be the login requirements.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make the switch

Paycom allows us to forego a large Human Resource department and Payroll division. The software allows us to cut overhead in these areas and allow Paycom, who are the experts, provide this service for our Bank.

Paycom review by Rebecca K.
Rebecca K.

"They are the best!"

What do you like best?

They are so easy to work with. The system is extremely user friendly. It is a very robust, kind on the eye system. Our employees are in love so far as well as our corporate administrative side!

What do you dislike?

As of right now, I cannot think of a thing. It is seriously so wonderful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

100% switch to them. They make it such an easy process to switch.

We are making communication a lot smoother through PAF's in regards to new hires, terms, leaves, payroll changes, etc.

Paycom review by Administrator in E-Learning
Administrator in E-Learning

"Started great, but......"

What do you like best?

The sales process was positive. I truly believed that our salesperson believes in the product and what "it could be". He was also extremely capable and stepped in to offer us the customer support that was lacking by the actual support team.

What do you dislike?

Implementation was not good. Extremely intelligent staff and well trained on the product, but they just did not seem to connect to what we were experiencing in real time. They were good with the "easy stuff", but when we tried to work out solutions on situations that were unique to our business needs, they were not responsive nor overly accountable to sticking with us until the business problem was solved, which a "business problem" is why we went with a system like this in the first place.

I also do not get the sense that most of the folks we worked with in both of implementation phases actually had a lot of experience in the workplace with regard to the processes that the product was supporting. No doubt they knew the product, but they did not seem to really get how inadequate response time to our requests for help would multiply the negative impact of the issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would suggest that you really understand what your resources are going to be with regard to implementing the system and be sure that your define the implementation process clearly with your sales rep ahead of signing the contract. Make it clear that the timeline for ending the first phase of set up needs to be determined by you as opposed to an internal time table set by Paycom.

We have brought an organization that relied on spreadsheets for most of their workforce management processes towards a more automated one.

Paycom review by Amy M.
Amy M.

"Paycom Results"

What do you like best?

Good way to track pay, sick, and vacation hours. Great way for HR to keep documents updated and request no forms.Easy to access tax forms.

What do you dislike?

The site is kind of clunky. Could use some back-end cleanup. Data/information could be presented more clearly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It a great tool and resources for HR. Probably other applications, but we are a small company.

HR provides training and docs for all employees. Benefits on-boarding process and provides access to HR data employees often need. Accessible even after job ended.

Paycom review by User

"easy to use clock-in/out app"

What do you like best?

the quick log in feature is possibly one of the best features on this app. You only need 4 characters instead of remembering passwords and log in name.

What do you dislike?

sometimes the application takes a while to log in and i have noticed a few times that the time is incorrect and if you log in and out again it resets.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a very easy app to use amongst employees

you can log in your time from any place . So if you are working out of the office you can still log in your time.

Paycom review by User

"Easy to use, long login"

What do you like best?

I love all the info that is easily accesible. I also like that I can clock out even if I forget to clock in. Less comments to add!

What do you dislike?

I dislike that logging in takes so long. I wish I could have an easier way to login or have my password remembered. It always takes a minute or two to log in. When I try to save my password, it saves the last 4 digits of my SS in the password section.

Benefits — easily keeping track of hours worked when employees work on location. Don’t have to come to the office to clock in or send an email.

"Straight forward "

What do you like best?

Al of the functions are simple such as requesting time off or seeing payroll deductions that are scheduled

What do you dislike?

The intense log in security although I am sure that this benefits me in the long run when trying to log in away from my work computer I have to answer questions that in sometimes forget the answers to.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Really simple to use and can do payroll and performance evaluations in one nice web based product.

This solves my companies payroll issues and the benefits are that all of us employees can log in and and add any time off request or put in for special time adjustment requests.

Paycom review by Holli M.
Holli M.

"Mostly User-Friendly"

What do you like best?

The interface is nice and the navigation on the home page is pretty straightforward.

What do you dislike?

Managing time cards is a little cumbersome. There's not an easy way to toggle between employees if you're trying to approve time cards quickly

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use for employees and managers who track time cards. Not the most seamless when it comes to navigation, but gets the job done overall.

Managing employee time cards.

Paycom review by User in Accounting
User in Accounting

"Easy to Use for Expense Management"

What do you like best?

We use Paycom for expense management and other HR-related tasks like recruiting, payroll and performance management. We switched to Paycom from a competitor and found that the software is more intuitive and user-friendly than our previous provider.

What do you dislike?

Took a long time to implement, but that seems to be typical when you switch HR management software, and are transferring large amounts of data. This was made easier by the videos and other tools Paycom provided to share with employees.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Review all the features you need and make sure they are included. Realize that though implementation takes time, the benefits you will receive from a more robust system will make your employees' jobs easier.

Paycom solves the majority of our HR related software pieces. We use it for everything from recruiting to payroll to benefits information. Paycom is much more robust than our previous system, and our employees have found it easier to use. Our employees who frequently submit expense reports have mentioned that it's quicker to use than previous systems.

Paycom review by Gary L.
Gary L.

"Easy to use but limited reporting features"

What do you like best?

Paycom's interface makes it relatively easy to complete time cards for multiple employees (as a supervisor). It's easy to switch among employees and pay periods from a single screen, and add sick/vacation time or punches as needed.

What do you dislike?

The reporting features are limited. It is not possible to sync data from Paycom with other systems in a HIPAA compliant manner (to report on productivity, for example), and reporting is cumbersome. In addition, I have noticed errors in allocating time off.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would price it out and see what you need it for. If you have basic reporting needs, it could be a good product for you.

I use this both as an employee (to manage my own payroll information) as well as a supervisor (managing my employees' time for three people on my team).