Paylocity

Paylocity's Web Pay, its flagship product, is a web-based payroll solution that is designed to deliver unparalleled payroll and HR management functionality to its users.With easy-to-use tools such as its paycheck calculator, pre-process register and a QuickPay feature that helps to speed-up processing, Paylocity's Web Pay delivers.

Work for Paylocity?

Showing 166 Paylocity reviews
Paylocity review by <span>Destiny C.</span>
Destiny C.

Easy to Use

What do you like best?

I like that it's mobile friendly, and can be accessed from any browser. I also really like the features of being able to get an estimate of your check, the ease of asking for PTO, and the ability for managers to leave "journal entries" on your performance.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the gps is delayed, which can be frustrating if your job requires you to clock in on site. The journal entries are a little odd, but I appreciate the transparency of being able to see how my manager summarizes our meetings.

You can see exactly where someone has clocked in or out. You can easily make notes for an administrator to change. PTO is easier to ask for and see how much has been accrued. It's also nice to be able to have communication between HR and managers more easily. Having a program specifically for HR and payroll makes asking questions easier, and finding the answer simply on this site.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Paylocity
Paylocity review by <span>Ariel L.</span>
Ariel L.

Friendly User Experience

What do you like best?

I love the easy to use platform. I'm not very familiar with this product, however my company switched over to from hand written time cards to this online time card system and it was great. I heard that my boss received very great training on the system.

What do you dislike?

The system had updated at one point and I did not like the changes. Before the system update, it kept me logged in for an hour so when I came back from lunch I could clock out without having to log back in. It's a minor annoyance to me.

Like I said in the first answer, we switched from paper to internet time cards so the difference was in the math and time. It is so much easier to count up the hours because the system does it for you. While I was not in charge of approving some one else's time card, I know this was a huge bonus to our managers.

What Core HR solution do you use?

Paylocity review by <span>Tonya B.</span>
Tonya B.

Freedom!

What do you like best?

Ease of use, data is easy to extract. Reporting is intuitive. I was amazed at how easy it was to switch from Paychex. My supervisors spend much less time managing time and attendance, and the employees have visibility to the time off calendar which is a huge help.

What do you dislike?

Some navigation needs work. Mobile clock in is not working for us. We have employees set up on our wireless, we have increased our network speed, we have done everything possible, but our employees waste time trying to clock in and out. Frustrating. I was hoping this would resolve itself with improvements to our wireless network, no dice.

Recommendations to others considering the product

So much easier than imagined to switch over. The integrations with our 401k are worth it alone, but all of the other features and ease of use have made this the best decision to date!

Ancient payroll processing system. We were with Paychex and their reporting was horrible, time and attendance was difficult and highly manual to manage. Customer Service was lacking. Little or no integration. Now all of my benefits and finance are integrated, time spent on Payroll and HR has dropped significantly.

Paylocity review by <span>Zack S.</span>
Zack S.

Paylocity: Great, Easy to Use Tool for Multiple HR Functions

What do you like best?

I like the fact that Paylocity has an easy to use interface and is great for keeping track of payroll information. It also has a well-design mobile app. Employees can find any info they need on their pay/benefits without having to come to HR for every question.

What do you dislike?

I find that Paylocity is not necessarily the best software to use for time and expense tracking. Thus, our organization uses another tool for those functions. Paylocity certainly could be used for those functions, I just found the interface to be less intuitive than with some other tools.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Paylocity is a good choice if you're looking for an easy to use tool to manage multiple HR functions.

Our organization primarily uses Paylocity to keep organized in terms of payroll and employee records management.

Paylocity review by <span>Ryan F.</span>
Ryan F.

The Pro's and Con's of using multiple products

What do you like best?

I love that I can have Time and Attendance, Pay, Benefits, Onboarding and Recruiting all in one place. There are big-time efficiencies that come with using these products in concert. My employees have one sign on instead of 3-4 that they'd need otherwise. In the case of Web Benefits, our insurance enrollment interface went from paper forms to fully electronic with automatic linking to payroll deductions. Win-Win for me and our employees!

What do you dislike?

The navigation between areas is NOT intuitive. This confuses many staff members. Most staff members do not know the difference between Web Pay and the Self Service Portal. Why call them two different things? When you are in Web Pay/Self Service, and you go to Applications, you can see ALL of the applications, but when you're in Web Benefits or Web Time, you can only go back to Web Pay. This is confusing for our users. All applications should be connected so you don't have to go back to Web Pay just in order to get to Web Time or Web Benefits. This is also problematic for me.

Why does the Onboarding module look different than all of the others?

The other item on the top of my list is the maze-like navigation of the many different fields. Why does the HR header exist at all? It seems to bring you into a labyrinth of different options that are not available from the main navigation. Why can't these be combined? It's like you guys built and built and built on top of the existing framework instead of thinking about the simplest way to design it from scratch.

If I were to leave Paylocity, it would be because of how often I hear from our employees: "The navigation sucks! I never know how to get to the info I want!"

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have a wide swath of your employees demo the product and its navigation so they come in with a full understanding of the system's benefits and challenges. Weigh how they value having all info in one place vs. some of the navigational challenges w/ the less-than-industry-leading user interface. If you have in-house developers/web team, have them scrutinize Paylocity from the UI/UX angle.

Integration is top of my list. I save hours per month thanks to the time and attendance, web benefits and the payroll functionalities.

Paylocity review by <span>Michael C.</span>
Michael C.

Require Accuracy? Not for you..

What do you like best?

The ease of use for members and the ability to have electronic access to paystubs 24/7. Paylocity gives new employees huge access to information that would previously be requested from HR and take possible days to recieve.

What do you dislike?

For employees, paylocity is too easy to mess with for the benefit of the employees with a loss for a company, For example, clocking in for a shift using paylocity is too simple and capable from an electronic device. Allowing employees to clock in and out using their smart phone devices opens up alot of avenues for problems,

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider the possibility of unhonest employees if using for payroll. Paylocity allows employees/users the ability to clock in and out of shifts using their personal smart phones..

Paylocity does provide for an easy, user friendly program for employees to have access to an "online HR" program with access to several types of documents and pay/benefit information.

Learning about Paylocity?

* We monitor all Paylocity reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.