We switched to Paylocity a month ago and its been nothing short of a NIGHTMARE! Here is a list of problems we encountered...
1. I sent Shelly (the lady setting up our account at Paylocity) all the information she requested, neatly organized and easy to read in an email. However, she entered in one of our employee's bank account number wrong so he did not get paid. Meanwhile, its a Friday and the funds that they took from our bank were in limbo somewhere between Paylocity and US Bank, and our employee is told he will not see those funds for another 4-7 days. This does not work for us or our employee and Paylocity refuses to front the money for this mishap so we had to issue our employee a manual check and wait the 4 days until Paylocity credits his payroll back to our account (for a small business this was a miracle that we could find the money to do this and it took hours on a Friday afternoon trying to find the funds so our employee wouldn't have to go the weekend w/o money).
2. Shelly entered our payroll frequency as semi-monthly instead of monthly, this made Paylocity miscalculate the amount of taxes to take from each employees' paychecks (all of us got shorted on our payroll). Of course Paylocity couldn't just give us the money back, it was supposed to take another 10 days before we saw this money but our employees needed the rest of their paychecks ASAP and AGAIN Paylocity was not willing to front the money for their mistake so we scrambled at the last minute to figure out how we can pay our employees the rest of their paychecks while Paylocity holds on to our cash! The 10 day period we were promised to see this money returned to us turned into 6 weeks (we STILL have not seen the $1300 Paylocity owes us!)
3. During all of this mix up, they had the nerve to bill us a second time for the processing of the additional payroll deposits (which was their mistake in the first place). When I called they promised us a refund right away, within 1-2 days. Of course I kept calling and told them we didn't see the refund and they kept assuring em it was coming. This turned into another 4 weeks before we actually saw the refund.
4. Shelly did not take out the Denver Occupational Privilege Tax from the employee's paycheck, so of course this was another thing to rectify during the chaos. They fixed this.
5. During the set up process, Shelly mixed up one of our employee's information with another one of our employee's. This is not a huge deal, I ddi actually catch it and change it in the system.
6. Shelly did not enter in the health insurance deductions from our employee's paycheck. Good thing I caught this before it was an issue.
7. Shelly had lots of typos in our company information page. Not a big deal, but her lack of attention to detail makes me wonder how she graduation high school.
8. We had given one of our employees an advance (manual check) before our first payroll was processed with Paylocity. Shelly entered this into the system wrong and actually sent him ANOTHER check from on our behalf! I shredded it!
9. Multiple times during our second payroll processing Ia asked her how much money was going to come out of our account and repeatedly she gave me the wrong amount and couldn't justify how she got to that number.
Don't waste your time with Paylocity, they have cost us more time and money than we have resources for and we're not even completely out of the woods yet, they still owe us $1300 for their mistakes. Needless to say, we're switching to another company next month!