Paylocity

Paylocity

3.7

Paylocity's Web Pay, its flagship product, is a web-based payroll solution that is designed to deliver unparalleled payroll and HR management functionality to its users.With easy-to-use tools such as its paycheck calculator, pre-process register and a QuickPay feature that helps to speed-up processing, Paylocity's Web Pay delivers.

Work for Paylocity?

Learning about Paylocity?

Paylocity Reviews

Ask Paylocity a Question
Showing 185 Paylocity reviews
Paylocity review by Marie E.
Marie E.

"Flexible and scalable - lots of features available, but simple to use if you don't want all the feat"

What do you like best?

There is a lot of flexibility for customizing the system to our needs. After the initial learning curve, it is super simple to make changes on the fly... add earnings codes, set up new departments, etc. I also really like the employee Self-Service Portal - I can customize what an employee can view & even add external links (useful for benefits enrollment). With the onboarding module & ability to upload employee documents, we now have virtual employee files! The price is very competitive with our last providers price, but the value is FAR GREATER!

What do you dislike?

Not sure this is a con, but if you don't like a self-service model, I'm not sure what the phone support is like. I've found the online resources to be very helpful and I like figuring things out on my own, so this is the perfect fit for me!

Recommendations to others considering the product

You won't be sorry.

I've worked with others in the past that say they have a user self-service portal, but Paylocity really delivers in this area and the result for us has been... employees ACTUALLY USE the self-service features available to them. As the admin, it's easy for me to customize content so it's easy for users to find what they need. There are process features available, such as handbook acknowledgement, that actually work & are easy for the employee to go back for reference.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Paylocity
Paylocity review by Destiny C.
Destiny C.

"Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

I like that it's mobile friendly, and can be accessed from any browser. I also really like the features of being able to get an estimate of your check, the ease of asking for PTO, and the ability for managers to leave "journal entries" on your performance.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the gps is delayed, which can be frustrating if your job requires you to clock in on site. The journal entries are a little odd, but I appreciate the transparency of being able to see how my manager summarizes our meetings.

You can see exactly where someone has clocked in or out. You can easily make notes for an administrator to change. PTO is easier to ask for and see how much has been accrued. It's also nice to be able to have communication between HR and managers more easily. Having a program specifically for HR and payroll makes asking questions easier, and finding the answer simply on this site.

What Core HR solution do you use?

Paylocity review by Ariel L.
Ariel L.

"Friendly User Experience"

What do you like best?

I love the easy to use platform. I'm not very familiar with this product, however my company switched over to from hand written time cards to this online time card system and it was great. I heard that my boss received very great training on the system.

What do you dislike?

The system had updated at one point and I did not like the changes. Before the system update, it kept me logged in for an hour so when I came back from lunch I could clock out without having to log back in. It's a minor annoyance to me.

Like I said in the first answer, we switched from paper to internet time cards so the difference was in the math and time. It is so much easier to count up the hours because the system does it for you. While I was not in charge of approving some one else's time card, I know this was a huge bonus to our managers.

Paylocity review by Tonya R. B.
Tonya R. B.

"Freedom!"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, data is easy to extract. Reporting is intuitive. I was amazed at how easy it was to switch from Paychex. My supervisors spend much less time managing time and attendance, and the employees have visibility to the time off calendar which is a huge help.

What do you dislike?

Some navigation needs work. Mobile clock in is not working for us. We have employees set up on our wireless, we have increased our network speed, we have done everything possible, but our employees waste time trying to clock in and out. Frustrating. I was hoping this would resolve itself with improvements to our wireless network, no dice.

Recommendations to others considering the product

So much easier than imagined to switch over. The integrations with our 401k are worth it alone, but all of the other features and ease of use have made this the best decision to date!

Ancient payroll processing system. We were with Paychex and their reporting was horrible, time and attendance was difficult and highly manual to manage. Customer Service was lacking. Little or no integration. Now all of my benefits and finance are integrated, time spent on Payroll and HR has dropped significantly.

Paylocity review by Zack S.
Zack S.

"Paylocity: Great, Easy to Use Tool for Multiple HR Functions"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that Paylocity has an easy to use interface and is great for keeping track of payroll information. It also has a well-design mobile app. Employees can find any info they need on their pay/benefits without having to come to HR for every question.

What do you dislike?

I find that Paylocity is not necessarily the best software to use for time and expense tracking. Thus, our organization uses another tool for those functions. Paylocity certainly could be used for those functions, I just found the interface to be less intuitive than with some other tools.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Paylocity is a good choice if you're looking for an easy to use tool to manage multiple HR functions.

Our organization primarily uses Paylocity to keep organized in terms of payroll and employee records management.

Paylocity review by User in Hospitality
User in Hospitality

"A decent platform if you're not investing a lot of money"

What do you like best?

Paylocity does have a unique web interface, it definitely loads a lot of the key information you need depending on your position on the front page.

What do you dislike?

There is a lot of clunkiness in navigation until you get to use it. The menu could use an overhaul. It is definitely, hard to get the exact reports I need to pull concerning time/attendance, PTO use, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Paylocity is good in that it does cover a large number of needs in terms of onboarding, payroll, benefits administration, time card, etc. However, the thing that really brings down their grade is just the simple lack of a good overall UI. It is a struggle to easily get to places on the web based side. They should take a hint from their own mobile app and follow that UI layout and apply that at the web based level as well.

Paylocity will save you money by comparison to some of the larger names including ADP but they definitely are lacking that overall ease of use in comparison.

We utilizing this as a pay portal, vacation portal, benefits administration, and so on. A lot of our initial onboarding tracks through this system as well.

Paylocity review by Ryan F.
Ryan F.

"The Pro's and Con's of using multiple products"

What do you like best?

I love that I can have Time and Attendance, Pay, Benefits, Onboarding and Recruiting all in one place. There are big-time efficiencies that come with using these products in concert. My employees have one sign on instead of 3-4 that they'd need otherwise. In the case of Web Benefits, our insurance enrollment interface went from paper forms to fully electronic with automatic linking to payroll deductions. Win-Win for me and our employees!

What do you dislike?

The navigation between areas is NOT intuitive. This confuses many staff members. Most staff members do not know the difference between Web Pay and the Self Service Portal. Why call them two different things? When you are in Web Pay/Self Service, and you go to Applications, you can see ALL of the applications, but when you're in Web Benefits or Web Time, you can only go back to Web Pay. This is confusing for our users. All applications should be connected so you don't have to go back to Web Pay just in order to get to Web Time or Web Benefits. This is also problematic for me.

Why does the Onboarding module look different than all of the others?

The other item on the top of my list is the maze-like navigation of the many different fields. Why does the HR header exist at all? It seems to bring you into a labyrinth of different options that are not available from the main navigation. Why can't these be combined? It's like you guys built and built and built on top of the existing framework instead of thinking about the simplest way to design it from scratch.

If I were to leave Paylocity, it would be because of how often I hear from our employees: "The navigation sucks! I never know how to get to the info I want!"

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have a wide swath of your employees demo the product and its navigation so they come in with a full understanding of the system's benefits and challenges. Weigh how they value having all info in one place vs. some of the navigational challenges w/ the less-than-industry-leading user interface. If you have in-house developers/web team, have them scrutinize Paylocity from the UI/UX angle.

Integration is top of my list. I save hours per month thanks to the time and attendance, web benefits and the payroll functionalities.

Paylocity review by Administrator

"Not great, lots to be desired "

What do you like best?

it's got a great training station where you can take webinars on demand or schedule training. It's turned out to be very helpful in understanding this HRIS without needing additional training.

For most part it's pretty intuitive when it comes to using it and finding data. I also love the data insights.

What do you dislike?

the fact that there's errors in the way it interacts with our Applicant Tracking Software that it does not pull all the data that it should and we need to end up adding it manually, so it add a lot of extra work instead of saving time, not practical.

I dislike that the data insights are only per company, I wish I could see one that covered all the companies.

I really don't like that there's not back button, so every time I do a search let's say the name of an employee who is hired at different companies and click on one of them, there's no way to get back to that screen, so I have to type in the employee's name again, basically starting over and it's annoying.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure that it can really talk to another system you're using it with.

Make sure it's the right system for your industry, it might be better for companies that only handle one payroll and not several.

payroll and talent management for a workforce of more than 800 employees

Paylocity review by Alex G.
Alex G.

"Great Customer Service, Solid Platform"

What do you like best?

Paylocity is easy to navigate once you take a few minutes to just mess around with the system. I think the ease of use within the pay batches is very nice. Next day delivery on manual checks and the customer service is great. I get through to an account manager very quickly every time I have a question.

What do you dislike?

I don't think it's visually the best system for our employees to look at. The way that web pay, self service portal, web benefits etc are all separated doesn't make a ton of sense to me and I can see that confusing our employees. I think the reporting could be a bit better as well. I consider myself to be pretty tech savvy but I struggle at times in report writer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider the ease of use for employees (self service) when evaluating. I worked on paylocity when I was with a tech company and there were still challenges for the employees.

Easy payroll process. I know I mentioned the reporting as a negative but I do think the general payroll reports (register, summary, etc) are simple and easy to get. I think the solution, when you have it all figured out and implemented, is pretty seamless. There are no real pain points for it. Everything I could complain about are small things that are more about my preferences than anything else.

Paylocity review by Michael C.
Michael C.

"Require Accuracy? Not for you.."

What do you like best?

The ease of use for members and the ability to have electronic access to paystubs 24/7. Paylocity gives new employees huge access to information that would previously be requested from HR and take possible days to recieve.

What do you dislike?

For employees, paylocity is too easy to mess with for the benefit of the employees with a loss for a company, For example, clocking in for a shift using paylocity is too simple and capable from an electronic device. Allowing employees to clock in and out using their smart phone devices opens up alot of avenues for problems,

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider the possibility of unhonest employees if using for payroll. Paylocity allows employees/users the ability to clock in and out of shifts using their personal smart phones..

Paylocity does provide for an easy, user friendly program for employees to have access to an "online HR" program with access to several types of documents and pay/benefit information.

Paylocity review by Megan V.
Megan V.

"User Friendly System"

What do you like best?

Our company strives to have the best software for our engineers to do their jobs and this is no different when it comes to the administrative/operations side of the company. Coming from a system that was basically a bunch of different pieces forced together (that did not work well together) to a system like Paylocity was a very welcomed change. Overall it is very intuitive. The only piece we do not use is the Time and Labor as we have a separate system for that due to the nature of our business and the need for an ERP system. However, we have never had an issue pulling information from our ERP and loading it into Paylocity. Payroll worked well for this, however, we are starting to pull more info and load it into Paylocity and so far it seems to be working pretty well. Clearly having all HR functions in one place is a huge benefit.

What do you dislike?

One thing I wish it did was allow for more historical data to be added - specifically salary history for each employee. Right now, this information is kept in a spreadsheet but it would be helpful if this could somehow be loaded in. There isn't much that I would change with the software, maybe some small things here and there that could make things more clear to users.

The negative experiences I have had were more on the support side. There have been times that we would get a different answer for the same question from different reps which can be frustrating. Pretty much all of these types of issues have been worked out in the few years that I have been with Paylocity and the company has been flexible in working with us if we find that a particular manager just isn't the right fit for us.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you go with Paylocity, be sure to take advantage of all the trainings they have available for the various modules. This seems obvious, however sometimes even taking a training more than one time can be very beneficial. If you don't understand the system, it will just lead to misuse and frustrations. There is no point in purchasing a great system if you don't take the time to really learn it.

If you believe that your assigned account rep just isn't the right fit, talk to someone about it. Doesn't hurt to let them know and try someone else. This type of thing can happen with any company similar to Paylocity - sometimes it's just about finding the right person that understands your needs.

One system for everything. We recently added the performance module and will be using that for reviews this year so I'm excited to see how that goes. It's great because you can put compensation rec's right into the system which lowers the risk of human error when having to input all employees rates at once.

ACA is also made easier.

Also, we went from written/paper healthcare open enrollment to this which was a huge time and error saver. It's so great that employees can sign up/waive right in the system and that info goes to our healthcare provider.

Also, since adding talent management - it's so much easier bring a new employee from resume submission to onboarding to payroll.

Paylocity review by Nicki M.
Nicki M.

"Paylocity for payroll processing"

What do you like best?

We have Paylocity mainly for payroll processing but also have the employee/manager self-service solutions, reporting, ACA compliance, and PTO accrual/processing system. I think Paylocity is great for payroll processing and makes it very easy to do.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the lack of ability to modify/edit/delete PTO requests. The way they are directly tied to payroll processing can cause the employee's time off history to not be accurate depending on the timing of the PTO request approval in relation to payroll processing. I don't like that there are multiple ways to get to the same places of information for the employees and that there are two different places that have some of the same information, but one place has additional information. It's not very intuitive in that regard. I also get annoyed having to type in my company ID when I call in and then give it again when the phone is answered - especially if I call customer service a couple times in one day.

Currently we are not using any HRIS for more than payroll and PTO tracking. I don't feel the company is seeing as many benefits as we could by just having the payroll solution (I came into the company after they already had this established, though, so I'm sure I have a different perspective because of that).

Paylocity review by Alison M.
Alison M.

"Very easy to ease and pick up quickly"

What do you like best?

It is very easy to navigate and learn how to use the system without a lot of training. I like how much information it stores for our employees and that I can upload documents easily into it.

What do you dislike?

There is not much to say that I dislike. I would say it could improve on its capability to customize, however I have not a lot of experience with the system and it may already be able to do this.

We are using it for is HRIS capabilities, I have been able to easily run reports to create new reports and track information regarding employees.

Paylocity review by Lauren D.
Lauren D.

"PTA"

What do you like best?

I like that it is easy to see your pay check and benefits. I also like that the time punch is easy to access.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that it logs you out when you push a button and then kicks you back to the home screen. I have misspunched many times due to the log out process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a large company be sure that paylocity can handle the number of employees.

We use this as a means to track pay. However our company is too big for paylocity to handle and they messed up our tax forms this past year.

Paylocity review by Administrator

"Paylocity is a excellent integrated system"

What do you like best?

Customers get a live Customer Support Rep within a minute of calling. They are well trained, knowledgeable, helpful, good listeners, and make every effort to solve your problem. Paylocity technology is stable, no crashing; interface is user-friendly; there's , lot of helpful tools, modules and data.

What do you dislike?

1. The mobile app has known problems Paylocity is working on (employees cannot submit time off requests on app). 2. Simple requests for custom reports/security role set ups take up to 6 weeks and must be processed through the SUPPORT REP. After pushing Paylocity for a status and a report/security role CREATOR has been assigned and contacts you, the process is quick.

Transition to work digitally in HR, time off, recruiting, performance review and payroll. We are not working more efficiently, plus management has invaluable HR and payroll data at their disposal for planning.

Paylocity review by Administrator in Real Estate
Administrator in Real Estate

"Difficult to navigate and pull data from"

What do you like best?

The benefits platform is fully integrated, employees can enroll themselves which makes that process run smooth. The employee on-boarding is just ok, a bit frustrating from the administrator standpoint. This is a software where you have to spend minutes clicking through various options to get simple data retrieved.

What do you dislike?

Paylocity's reporting center is a total nightmare. Getting the data you need from Paylocity is like pulling teeth. I need to spend 30 minutes on the phone with a rep to pull a simple demographic report. I used to use PayCore at my previous company, it's like night and day. Paylocity expects the user to only pull pre-made reports. As an HR administrator, I would never use or recommend pre-made reports. Why? Because our environment in the workplace changes DAILY. I always need customized reports, and Paylocity's platform makes customized reporting painfully difficult. Be ready to click 50 tabs, have 5 identical titles then play the guessing game. When you do finally select the correct criteria, the report comes out in an unclean and unidentifiable fashion. The other major thing about the software I do not like is the employee profile pages. All information is on multiple tabs, rather than being on one clean profile. Why do I need to click through various tabs to see the employee's pay, department, supervisor, etc.? I cannot recommend this software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When selecting a software, make sure you understand how they expect you to pull reports.

We can process payroll in 30 minutes.

Paylocity review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Basic services"

What do you like best?

We’ve recently expanded to several other states and I appreciate that I can reach out to paylocity to help me navigate getting set up with other stage for payroll and SUI taxes.

What do you dislike?

Our account manager/contact person is constantly changing. When I call I rarely get our actual account manager on the phone. If I email, I rarely hear back from our account manager. And unfortunately our account managers have been the least knowledgeable and most unhelpful people I have talked to. I would rather call and talk to a random customer service person, which is usually what ends up happening anyways.

Paylocity handles paying our payroll taxes but the last severa quarters we have gotten notices saying our taxes have been late. There no excuse for that.

Our accounting team’s biggest complaint would be poor reporting and not being able to customize the level of detail on reports to pull into quickbooks.

We process payroll with paylocity and that’s about it. We haven’t found a whole lot of other use for it. The time and attendance feature isn’t robust enough for our company.

Paylocity review by User

"Solid payroll and HR platform"

What do you like best?

The interface for the HR function is really intuitive and easy to use. Onboarding new employees is fast, and updating current employees is simple.

What do you dislike?

The reporting side of things is a bit cumbersome. There are really only 4-5 types of report that I need to use regularly, but you have to wade through dozens to get the ones you want. You can star them so they're easier to find, but it is still annoying.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great, easy to use platform for smaller businesses. Doesn't take a lot of time to figure it out and does everything we need it to do.

We primarily use it for payroll and HR. We're a small, seasonal business, so some of the other features are not really necessary for us, though they may be valuable to other businesses.

Paylocity review by Matthew M.
Matthew M.

"End user experience slightly confusing easy ph"

What do you like best?

Mobile app is the easiest and most user friendly out of the suite of products. Readily request vacation or sick time and see your remaining balances in the bank. Easy access to pay stubs for verification of correct pay from your phone with just a thumb print

What do you dislike?

Web interface is muddled and confused, web pay and web time are somewhat confusing to find. The web page does not show a logout for inactivity until you click a link. I've missed punches because the page is still active and I sign in or out but that is not recorded.

In my opinion none

Paylocity review by User in Computer Software

"Gets the job done, but thats it"

What do you like best?

Its got a fast UI, and when you find what you're looking for, it is easy to read, but thats just about where the positives end.

What do you dislike?

Their login system is stupid, requiring a company ID, username, and password every time, instead of just remembering your company. No 2 factor authentication. The UI is all over the place, and unless you know exactly where something is, its impossible to find something. Its a very dated look and feel. From the employee end, it is very basic.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Learn where the important things are, like your paystub and PTO, and then just ask HR for everything else. The only thing I use it for anymore is requesting time off. I don't really know how the admin side is, but I can't imagine they've done themselves any favors with the UI there either.

I am just the end user, but our company uses it for all HR related stuff. Paystubs, PTO, benefits, tax information, employee handbook, holidays, its all in there.

Paylocity review by Amber B.
Amber B.

"Payroll Solution"

What do you like best?

My favorite thing about this is that I can download the app to my phone and I can check my paycheck and tax information at any time. This also helps keep my check stubs private as looking at the website coworkers can sometimes look over your shoulder.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found anything to dislike about Paylocity. I found it easier to navigate than other payroll software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Paylocity can service the needs of multiple departments and is an easy way to provide payroll stubs for employees.

Our company uses Paylocity as our main tool for Payroll. It is also used by HR to keep track of evaluations and to send out notifications about policies.

Paylocity review by Kristin S.
Kristin S.

"Over promised, under delivered"

What do you like best?

My current representative, ACA Dashboard, payroll reminders, and Skills, Education and Training capturing

What do you dislike?

Time/Attendance doesn't talk to payroll except on each pay date. Employees never know how much time off they have without running their own spreadsheet or me having to run a report. There are way too many glitches that crop up and my poor rep. has to tell me that he doesn't know why that happened. At least once a week, it won't accept time punches for some period of time during the day. We went straight from a cheap time/attendance program, running reports and hand entering into QuickBooks to Paylocity. There was quite a bit of culture shock and the onboarding staff didn't do a very good job of training. I tried implementing Performance Management, but between the difficulty of setup and lack of enthusiasm from my staff, it has fallen by the wayside. Too many things had to be "made to work" in our situation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are switching from another cloud based all inclusive software, you will know what questions to ask and how it will work. If not, don't go directly to Paylocity.

Knowing a month prior when someone's licensure will be expiring is very handy.

Paylocity review by Christine B.
Christine B.

"Paylocity Review "

What do you like best?

I like that Paylocity is very easy to use, easy to access, and I like the layout of the website

What do you dislike?

I dislike the timesheet page because I find it difficult to read and pull information that I need

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend that Paylocity would have an easier timesheet system

I find that it is difficult to find if my time off request was accepted and I find problems with that aspect. The benefits are that I am able to look at my weekly timesheet fairly easily.

Paylocity review by Misha R.
Misha R.

"Paylocity - Best Payroll Ever"

What do you like best?

I LOVE that paylocity is cloud based software. Its a semi new software base ( id say 3-5 years ) gaining popularity and cloud based software is SO easy to learn and use with no experience. This means that I can hire HR managers that have experience in HR but little or no experience or familiarity with paylocity and they easily learn how to use it and it hasn't ever been issue so far.

What do you dislike?

I havent really found anything about the software that I dislike. Everything has kept me and my company satisfied and running smoothly. I dont really care for the fact that there is only one log in if they made it so different HR managers could use the program and keep track of what user does what that would be very helpful. Also it wouldnt hurt to consider making employee profiles with stuff like emergency contact information and medical allergies etc in case of a emergency.

Ive noticed that because of the helpful software its easy to enter employee information and create paystubs/checks while also saving that data as well which removes steps from the HR and Payroll processes. Ive noticed that paylocity also makes it easier for employees to fill out and return W4 forms and tax calculations have been correct every time which is a huge plus because our previous software messed up a couple employees tax deductions which is just as frustrating for me as it is the employees.

Paylocity review by Gabriel F.
Gabriel F.

"Good, but with a few flaws."

What do you like best?

The interface is clean and crisp. There is minimal small or hard to read text and is overall user friendly.

What do you dislike?

When I enter my time I have to select "work" from a drop-down menu before I enter my hours. It is is annoying to do this 20+ times a month. Admittedly, I do not know if this is an option pre-established by my organization but it seems like a useless feature to me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very crisp and easy to use. My experience is limited to entering time, on-boarding, and some new employee entry.

It GREATLY simplifies the onboarding process. It was nearly entirely paperless for me. There is also a convenient, easy to understand tracker that tells you what steps in the onboarding process still need to be completed.

Paylocity review by Amy W.
Amy W.

"User Friendly"

What do you like best?

I like that it was very user friendly. Its almost fool proof because you cant move forward to the next step if you didnt complete the first step to begin with.

What do you dislike?

Although their customer service was great, their tended to be many bugs in the system that would cause glitches and getting those fixed was kind of a pain.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The ease of use makes it worth every penny, especially for onboarding your employees and getting them paid. The payroll system is very easy to use, its basically plug and play.

Onboarding, Payroll, and Benefits. What I liked about it was once again the ease of use. Very user friendly and it sort of held the hands of my employees through the onboarding process.

Paylocity review by Shawna W.
Shawna W.

"Great program & app"

What do you like best?

This program is SUPER easy to use and is very user friendly! I love that it has an app I can put on my phone to see my pay, or enter time off or enter corrections to my time.

What do you dislike?

I really can't say I've found anything I dislike about this program. It's a great one to use and can keep track of everything you'd need for payroll processes

Employees have easy access to their information which saves time in the office from the Payroll staff

Paylocity review by Tom R.
Tom R.

""

What do you like best?

We use this as an employee portal and it's a nice platform to keep everything consolidated. I can find everything from PTO to 401k details here. Not sure if this is attributable to the design or if it's more due to the internet speed, but the service is very responsive. It responds snappily which is a big plus.

What do you dislike?

I find that navigation and UI can be a bit too confusing. Some things appear in 2 different places on the same page and others require users click "Submit" while others happen automatically when you make a selection

Previosuly, we were spread across several different software suites for employee benefits. Now we are consolidated which is easy, especially for new hires.

Paylocity review by Kristen W.
Kristen W.

"Paylocity Review - Great experience"

What do you like best?

I love the user friendliness of the screens. I also love the HR insights page...gives a ton of information we need as HR representatives right there...as opposed to having to run several reports.

What do you dislike?

I wish the PTO was calculated based off of pending requests as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of the training webinars...they are long but so worth it! It would be awesome if payroll reports could be run based on a weekly basis as opposed to just biweekly.

This has made ACA reporting a breeze. This is also great to have all of our systems in one place. We use Webtime, Onboarding, and HRIS/Payroll.

Paylocity review by User in Staffing and Recruiting
User in Staffing and Recruiting

"The easiest HR software EVER! "

What do you like best?

It's really intuitive - easy to find things you're looking for, easy to request PTO. The paycheck graphs (showing you where you had deductions or healthcare taken out each month) are really helpful visuals. You can also award coworkers with badges, which is nice for team building.

What do you dislike?

the thing I actually don't like is the website version. I almost always use the app, which is much better.

We're solving the complication of HR platforms being hard to use or hard to find things - paylocity seems to make things really easy and really simple. When you have a ton of other things you're working on and you need to have easy solutions to HR problems, a program that really works is helpful.

Paylocity review by Meaghan L.
Meaghan L.

"Easy Online Access"

What do you like best?

I like that I can easily access my pay stub from anywhere over the internet. Our HR manager can also respond to our request for leave and we get notified instantly.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it can be difficult to navigate because the organization of the pages is a bit odd.

We are a small business that spreads the HR duties across several personnel. Paylocity has allowed our leadership team to have more control over payroll and time off with less cost to our time.

Paylocity review by Administrator in Veterinary
Administrator in Veterinary

"ICU tech"

What do you like best?

What I like best about hey I was just city is able to keep track of my payroll checks every two weeks I am able to log in to my health insurance from that website I'm able to keep track of my vacation time I'm also able tokeep track of my deductions they have a nice circle graph to let me know what my actual pay was compared to my deductions and anything else that was the deductedfor my payroll check

What do you dislike?

I just like the five you have to download your paystub in order to print it out I hate the fact that as soon as you open the application you see your payroll check which makes it harder when you're opening up the website in front of other employees I wish about open up into a smaller screen

Paylocity review by Administrator in Consumer Goods
Administrator in Consumer Goods

"Thorough, flexible, and detailed"

What do you like best?

The Paylocity platform has so much versatility and convenience. I love the self service aspect and how simple it has been with our onboarding for new hires. The ATS reporting is very helpful with seeing who our main hiring sources are, which is beneficially when decided which hiring platform is most profitable. It is also an excellent way to organize our employees based off of skills, level of employement, and personality. The impressions section is really need and a great non-costing reward system.

What do you dislike?

It is sometimes difficult to see the hierarchy of pages when you have administrator access because there is so much information. There are multiple menus that lead to different types of information but the navigation is not as user friendly. You really have to read the manual in order to find what you are looking for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is very customization and has a lot of great features that one would not normally think of that come in handy.

We are using paylocity for onboarding, keeping track of attendance, vacation, and leave time. Employee information tracking, company news and communication with employees, managing payscales and promotions, rewarding employees when they pass a certain training, hiring and recruiting, reporting, etc. It is great to have all of the information in one platform instead of having to use multiple software.

"Disappointed in Paylocity"

What do you like best?

Employee Self Service is great for the basics. Do not count on the leave information to be accurate because web pay and web time do NOT communicate until the payroll has been completed, so there is a lag. It's the same company and platform, I don't understand why web time and web pay aren't real time updates.

What do you dislike?

Security issues - trying to onboard employees and then my information populates under the new hires name in Web Pay for hours. Brought it to Paylocity - got the "we'll pass it on and get back to you." they never get back to you.

OH – YEAH. THEY RARLEY GET BACK TO YOU! If it's beyond the scope of their job, they just ignore the issue and hope it goes away - just like the security issue I mentioned above.

Messed up our 1095-c's by asking me to check a "Preview" file for accuracy, only that wasn't the file they were referring to. They call the "FINAL" file the "Preview" file. Seems in their heads that makes sense. Sent our company two bad batches of 1095-c's because they never updated the "FINAL" file before printing. Shows a total lack of common sense and follow through.

Performance Review system is a nightmare. First the link from the old performance review section in self service is broken because Paylocity moved it to a "Talent" tab and never cross-walked the two. I mean how hard can that be to do? I have asked for it to be completed because our employees are constantly confused by the broken link. I was told "We'll put in a ticket and get back to you." NEVER HEARD A WORD BACK. Managers are constantly complaining, because they sit down to type up the review and then Paylocity times out without any warning. Why can't Paylocity auto save the performance review? In many cases - they lose the entire review and have to start over. I called Paylocity - "Yep, they have to do it again - nothing we can do." REALLY? I've worked with some great IT departments and I assure you - there is a lot that can be done. This happens to our employees too. The majority of our employees and managers hate the review process now.

Web Time has been offline numerous times at crucial times of the day – first thing in the morning, lunch time or the end of the day. It usually happens when everyone needs it. When I've called Paylocity to find out what is going on, they act like the system is fine - even when I send them screen shots showing the page error "Down Due to System Maintenance" with the Paylocity logo. You will never find these outages on their systems page either. Paylocity is always working. It's like they try to hide the problems from the higher-ups.

The news section need serious updating. In order to make a decent looking announcement, I have to work it up in publishing and save it as a jpeg, otherwise you can waste so much time just trying to make it work.

The reporting is terrible too. Every single one has to be saved in Excel and seriously reworked/mashed together to get the information we need.

I never thought I would say this, but Paylocity makes me miss Banner!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you can live with poor customer service and support. The system is far from perfect and they do not take suggestions or act on issues within their system.

Onboarding, Payroll, HR, Time Keeping. The benefit is having everything in an electronic format. The onboarding is probably the best Paylocity feature, though they just completed an update and now the signature pads are super unresponsive.

Paylocity review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"Great solution for payroll and tax info"

What do you like best?

The ease of use in finding pay stubs and seeing digitally the breakdown of your paycheck. The tax information is uploaded immediately and very easy to download. Definitely an improvement on waiting for W2's in the mail!

What do you dislike?

The connection to the web-benefits portion is strange but I have a feeling that was an add-on by my particular company

We have solved the issue of complete transparency and control in employee's payroll. An employee can update their information/address at any time and it's updated in their tax information. That used to be a one off update with finance. I routinely check to see that my deductions for HSA and 401k are what I expected. It's great!

Paylocity review by User in Apparel & Fashion
User in Apparel & Fashion

"Paylocity Review"

What do you like best?

I really, really like being able to request days off without using Google Calendar and inviting my supervisor. That was a hassle, not a big deal but it's so much easier to just request it in Paylocity! I can check and see how much vacation and sick time I've accumulated, and the best thing is, I can punch in on my phone! Easy peasy!!

What do you dislike?

I dislike how difficult it is to navigate my account details. I got the hang of it, but not after weeks of confusion. For a service I have to use at least 3x a day, it's frustrating to not know how to punch in or out for such a long time!

We used Time Doctor before, so this is a big step up! TD used to log us off after 30 minutes of inactivity so there were a few instances in which my coworkers actually had to ask to get a check cut for time worked and not logged.

"Overall, very positive!"

What do you like best?

I've had a lot of really good experiences with Paylocity and I've been using it at my current job for the past year. I do a lot of work in other locations (court, DHS offices, etc.) so this allows me to easily and quickly clock out when I'm not on-site.

What do you dislike?

It is sometimes difficult to login because it doesn't always save my username and company code through my phone, which is frustrating when I'm offsite. I also find it difficult to navigate occasionally, because it's not as intuitive as I'd like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is great for working offsite and they do have an app, but it unfortunately doesn't work for my phone. I would warn those who aren't very computer literate that it's not terribly intuitive to navigate, so they could run into some problems with finding where to clock in and out after looking for other things like timesheets, etc.

I myself am not involved in payroll services or time tracking services, but I can say that I think it makes it much easier on everyone at my agency to be on the same page and to communicate through the platform as well.

Paylocity review by Loren W.
Loren W.

"Better than most"

What do you like best?

You can send encouraging words to coworkers, view your entire team along with the "chain of command", view each others likes/dislikes. It makes getting to know your coworkers so much easier

What do you dislike?

When loading your check PDF, it takes awhile.

I am able to access paylocity at any time on any device, and view everything I could possibly need for my job.

Paylocity review by User

"Could be more user friendly, but servers its purpose"

What do you like best?

I like that I can punch in and out with the Paylocity app, since I work off site almost every day. I also like that I can view my time and attendance by logging in, instead of having to ask my HR person.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that it takes a long time for the app to load - does it really need to check for updates 5 times a day? I also don't like that I have to put my password in each time I start Paylocity (whether on my phone or on my computer). My phone and computer are already password protected and I would like to bypass this time consuming step.

It provides a good service for employees that work off site or from home.

Paylocity review by User in Computer Software

"Pretty easy, once you know it!"

What do you like best?

Ability to track hours/pay as soon as I've worked. Ability to see past pay "stubs"

What do you dislike?

Difficult to use at first - finding past pay information is hard with the 2 different platforms. Once you know the system, it's not so hard to find past info, but the entire interface could be made to be more intuitive for the user.

Also, once pay information is submitted by an employee, the employee cannot modify it (even if it's something minor like a wrong work date) so the employee has to notify the supervisor and the latter then has to take time to go in and fix it. It'd be great if the employee had more control! Huge time saver :)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Explain clearly to your employees how to use the system. LIke other systems, one must track both one's hours and one's pay, if used for session pay (not hourly pay)

Tracking pay for hundreds of remote employees. Great to be able to approve across multiple markets.

"Payroll software"

What do you like best?

I like I can see all of my hours, request time off and access w-2’s from the program.

What do you dislike?

I don’t like that the mobile app does not let you see your time punched out from lunch because I always forget what time I clock out and have to get back to work before I know if I’m on time or not.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It’s a great program, user friendly for employees tracking employee times and requesting time off. The employees have access to all of their information such as date of hire, pay rate and increases. They can even change direct deposit information.

Employees don’t have to ask administrators for help to access employee information.

Paylocity review by Matthew G.
Matthew G.

"Paylocity is a great system with a few flaws here and there"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that the Paylocity website gives you quick access to all your employee information, from your past paychecks to a breakdown of your employer-provided benefits. The mobile app provided by Paylocity is also very helpful for accessing your information on the go.

What do you dislike?

I do think that navigating the website could be more intuitive. The main page that pops up when logging in is great as it shows all of the information that you may already want to see. But when you want to dive deeper into the website and find additional or more detailed information, it is not so obvious on how to access it. I think there can be some improvements in simplifying the drop down menus and making navigation easier and more obvious.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are planning to move to an electronic system, I would recommend Paylocity as an option due to its features and mobile app.

I believe Paylocity is providing a service to access and edit employee information very quickly, without making too many trips to HR. Also, it is much more green and reduces the amount of paperwork printed due to its electronic nature.

Paylocity review by Administrator in Insurance
Administrator in Insurance

"Paylocity - Switching to Paylocity was the Worst Mistake!!!!"

What do you like best?

The "Impressions" and "YTD Compensation"

What do you dislike?

I have used many payroll systems and this one by far is the worst. The sales rep, Brian oversold the product and made multiple promises that were fallacious. We have now used the system for a month and can honestly say this was the worst decision we could have made. Instead of making our payroll and HR processes more efficient our processing time has now doubled and it has added more time and frustration to our managers. The individual that was doing our WebTime implementation made numerous errors, which resulted in countless hours of unnecessary work. After implementation we had a customer service rep assigned to us, that was extremely rude and literally argued with us, insisting we had a different pay period than what we have had for over 10 years. This system is so bad we have to leave after only a month of using them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not do it! If you do make sure you triple check everything you expect the system to do ahead of time. A demo is not good enough. Make sure EVERYTHING down to the slightest detail is documented and do not take your Rep's word for it.

There have been no benefits to changing over to Paylocity.

Paylocity review by Pansy W.
Pansy W.

"Paylocity, user friendly"

What do you like best?

I like that everything is in one place: benefits, payroll, timesheet, etc. I like the user tutorials as well. Easy to follow. User friendly interface. There is an app for it as well fo easy access away from work!

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a way to see other employee schedules. Currently we attach our employee schedule as an Excel spreadsheet in Paylocity.

We used to use ADP which was a bit more complicated.

Paylocity review by Todd F.
Todd F.

"Best Software We Heve Used So Far"

What do you like best?

Reporting time either online or from the mobile application is pretty easy. The mobile is great for those like me that are often out on the road and need to be able to clock in or out. It's easy to adjust your punches if you make a mistake or forget to punch in or out.

What do you dislike?

I feel that the online dashboard can be simplified. It takes a bit of time to maneuver around to learn how to do things. Seems it can be more simplified.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try It!

Easier time tracking and payroll reporting. The benefits of the mobile version are better than what we were previously using.

Paylocity review by Rob J.
Rob J.

"Easy app for timesheet and vacation requests"

What do you like best?

If you have set hours, you can copy so that you don't have to fill it out more than once.

What do you dislike?

Two different menus with some of the same categories makes it slightly confusing at first.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use web-based tool for timesheet and payroll.

It's easy to fill out and I can see pay-stubs from direct deposit immediately. Timesheets, PTO tracking and payroll.

Paylocity review by User in Insurance
User in Insurance

"Best Paycheck Tracker"

What do you like best?

It is completely simple to use and navigate. Easy finding and downloading old paystubs.

What do you dislike?

The software times out without allowing me to know before choosing an action.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very simple to use. Always has the correct updates for sick time and PTO on a calendar that always you see what days you requested and so on. Helps to maintain a perfect time for payroll to process.

We are all able to take our breaks during the day and not have to record them on paper to then have to record them in a system manually. The times are always correct when it's not manually processed.

"Love Paylocity! "

What do you like best?

I love the Impressions tab. It is such a morale boost to publicly share encouraging words about coworkers.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I get confused about what "buttons" to press to get back "Home". There are different sections for specific things, like coding the time clock.

Tracking our time through Paylocity is so easy! It's intuitive and easy to understand. We also love the Impressions forum, since a lot of our departments don't get to work together. It's awesome to see positive things that are happening with coworkers I may not interact with daily.

Paylocity review by April H.
April H.

"New at Paylocity"

What do you like best?

There are many resources online to learn about Paylocity and everything it does. We recently began training to use it at work for Payroll purposes but I am learning that it does so much more.

What do you dislike?

It seems to be taking a long time to get everything up and running full force. We are using it for local government payroll purposes.

I have only been trained to use Paylocity twice so far but I really like that it keeps with vacation, sick, comp time accruals,whereas before I did them manually and also in Excel. Paylocity will not have as many errors as I was having.

Paylocity review by Olivia C.
Olivia C.

"Paylocity"

What do you like best?

It's got some really cool features. I especially like how I can track my time throughout the week.

What do you dislike?

It's mobile app is lacking. Not to mention the time off hours are NEVER accurate for whatever reason. It's always short about fifteen to twenty minutes.

Time Management: Pretty handy for checking my hours, however, having to switch the way the time is displayed EVERY time I view my hours is a pain. That feature definitely needs to be updated.

Paylocity review by Matt C.
Matt C.

"Clocking in for Work and Managing My Schedule"

What do you like best?

I like the clock in feature that Paylocity offers. Not only can I log-in using the designated computer at my work, but if I'm unable to access it then I can do it on any other computer. I'm also a fan of the mobile app and the ability to clock in from there.

What do you dislike?

Logging in to Paylocity can be a pain a lot of times. It's often difficult to recover my password if I forget it and it locks me out very often. Taking Paid Time Off can also be difficult to do. I think this process needs to be simplified.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Paylocity makes it easy to keep track of your time at work and paychecks. It's also used for performances reviews. It's nice to have all of this in one location, but can be frustrating to log into at times and confusing to figure out.

I'm able to clock in for work which is beneficial and see what my paychecks are looking like. It's beneficial to have my paycheck information, taxes, clock in, etc. all in one program.

Paylocity review by James C.
James C.

"Paylocity for small business"

What do you like best?

I like the simplicity of the system. It is not overly complicated.

It is a great solution for a small business that needs hourly associates to clock in/out.

What do you dislike?

The lack of customization that can be made. Many policy changes need to be completed by Paylocity customer service.

We are adding to our package with Paylocity and purchasing the recruiting and on-boarding platforms. This will allow a smooth transition from a candidate applying to the role to onboarding. The on-boarding function will also allow us to eliminate many paper forms that we utilized in the past.

Paylocity review by Jilianne W.
Jilianne W.

"Paylocity Review"

What do you like best?

Attractive layout, pretty self-explanatory design and easy to use. It's a good value for what you get.

What do you dislike?

It takes too long to update after changes are made. This can cause problems such as the amount of PTO time available to employees who check their portal may be inaccurate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Paylocity is a great choice for smaller business which don't need a lot of bells and whistles in their HRIS.

The reporting functions are basic, but the ones that are available are very good. The employee portal is nice because it allows employees to update their own information which just has to be approved by HR.

Paylocity review by Margaret v.
Margaret v.

"Paylocity - a mixed bag"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of clocking in and the clear information available to employees and supervisors.

What do you dislike?

Implementing supervisors in my agency was messy and required frequent callbacks to tech support. Paylocity did not correctly implement some agency policies regarding personal time leading to headaches and anxiety for staff.

Implementing payroll and tracking time in offices with no supervisory presence.

Paylocity review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Paylocity: More than a payroll tool"

What do you like best?

Paylocity offers more than just payroll resources -- you can send "badges" to your colleagues to recognize them for things like Leadership, Getting Things Done, Thinking Outside the Box, and what not. Fun and interactive ways to engage employees!

What do you dislike?

Paylocity's interface/dashboard is not the simplest, though it appears to be at first. I have the most trouble with the requesting PTO function -- it's tricky to find the right place to cancel a request or to check the employee time-off calendar sometimes. That could just be the way my organization has set it up, though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Test drive the dashboard before purchasing. See how it fits with your organization's needs.

Employee engagement is up; all of our information is stored in one, easy to access place; our time-off schedules are transparent and we can all plan to take time off around each other's important events.

Paylocity review by Jen D.
Jen D.

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

It is easy to use for my paycheck and choosing benefits, other than that I don't have to log on very often, but it is easy to use.

What do you dislike?

I don't have to use paylocity a whole lot, my coworkers would have more likes and dislikes, but from how I use it I have no dislikes.

More direct way for payment, benefits, etc

Paylocity review by Administrator in Hospital & Health Care
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"Ease of use"

What do you like best?

Paylocity has it all! Directory, company documents, addresses, pay stubs, date of hire, expenses, time cards. The mobile app makes it so easy to approve time off even when away from my desk. I like the simple sign on with your fingerprint as well.

What do you dislike?

Several tabs that can be hard to navigate through if you also have an admin page. Sometimes I find myself stuck on a page and just have to logout and log back in to reset.

Easy to approve time cards, submit/approve expenses, and no longer required to receive paper pay stubs.

Paylocity review by Micah G.
Micah G.

"This payroll software is so sleek!"

What do you like best?

I love how clearly defined everything is. I used this software for onboard internet employees and running payroll and it is my favorite thus far.

What do you dislike?

Initially it was difficult to pick up where all the functions were located, due to paylocity a complex nature. Howverc after a few months of utilizing it, I became very familiar with everything and really began to love using it.

I used this software for onboard internet employees and running payroll and it Very easy to use and has a lot of integration features.

Paylocity review by Administrator in Food & Beverages
Administrator in Food & Beverages

"Great Product, Great Service"

What do you like best?

Coming from a hr platfrom created in the 90's, Paylocity seems to do it all. Flexible reporting, incredible ACA tracking and help, easy on-boarding etc.

What do you dislike?

When using multiple modules, it isn't always as seemless as I would like. The different modules are on different databases which can feel clunky at times but I have n ot had any real issues or troubles with this, it just doesn't feel seamless.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give them a shot. The service is incredible and they are constantly updating the software based on user recommendations.

We use it for payroll, benefits, timekeeping and on-boarding. This makes data entry errors much less likely and makes payroll reconciliations very easy because the benefit deductions are coming from the source. The ACA tools are incredible and I still have a lot more features to implement and use.

Paylocity review by User in Individual & Family Services
User in Individual & Family Services

"Excellent workplace hub"

What do you like best?

Paylocity is very user friendly and easy both on the employer and employee side of things. You don’t have to go searching for what you need, everything is in a logical place. The visuals are also aesthetically pleasing and easy to read.

What do you dislike?

I found the site user friendly only have I explored it during some down time. It might be good to have a tutorial available to new users.

It keeps all employee records, including time sheets, all in one place and allows for easy access to everything.

Paylocity review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Moving to Paylocity was a NIGHTMARE!"

What do you like best?

The people who work at Paylocity are really nice.

What do you dislike?

We switched to Paylocity a month ago and its been nothing short of a NIGHTMARE! Here is a list of problems we encountered...

1. I sent Shelly (the lady setting up our account at Paylocity) all the information she requested, neatly organized and easy to read in an email. However, she entered in one of our employee's bank account number wrong so he did not get paid. Meanwhile, its a Friday and the funds that they took from our bank were in limbo somewhere between Paylocity and US Bank, and our employee is told he will not see those funds for another 4-7 days. This does not work for us or our employee and Paylocity refuses to front the money for this mishap so we had to issue our employee a manual check and wait the 4 days until Paylocity credits his payroll back to our account (for a small business this was a miracle that we could find the money to do this and it took hours on a Friday afternoon trying to find the funds so our employee wouldn't have to go the weekend w/o money).

2. Shelly entered our payroll frequency as semi-monthly instead of monthly, this made Paylocity miscalculate the amount of taxes to take from each employees' paychecks (all of us got shorted on our payroll). Of course Paylocity couldn't just give us the money back, it was supposed to take another 10 days before we saw this money but our employees needed the rest of their paychecks ASAP and AGAIN Paylocity was not willing to front the money for their mistake so we scrambled at the last minute to figure out how we can pay our employees the rest of their paychecks while Paylocity holds on to our cash! The 10 day period we were promised to see this money returned to us turned into 6 weeks (we STILL have not seen the $1300 Paylocity owes us!)

3. During all of this mix up, they had the nerve to bill us a second time for the processing of the additional payroll deposits (which was their mistake in the first place). When I called they promised us a refund right away, within 1-2 days. Of course I kept calling and told them we didn't see the refund and they kept assuring em it was coming. This turned into another 4 weeks before we actually saw the refund.

4. Shelly did not take out the Denver Occupational Privilege Tax from the employee's paycheck, so of course this was another thing to rectify during the chaos. They fixed this.

5. During the set up process, Shelly mixed up one of our employee's information with another one of our employee's. This is not a huge deal, I ddi actually catch it and change it in the system.

6. Shelly did not enter in the health insurance deductions from our employee's paycheck. Good thing I caught this before it was an issue.

7. Shelly had lots of typos in our company information page. Not a big deal, but her lack of attention to detail makes me wonder how she graduation high school.

8. We had given one of our employees an advance (manual check) before our first payroll was processed with Paylocity. Shelly entered this into the system wrong and actually sent him ANOTHER check from on our behalf! I shredded it!

9. Multiple times during our second payroll processing Ia asked her how much money was going to come out of our account and repeatedly she gave me the wrong amount and couldn't justify how she got to that number.

Don't waste your time with Paylocity, they have cost us more time and money than we have resources for and we're not even completely out of the woods yet, they still owe us $1300 for their mistakes. Needless to say, we're switching to another company next month!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't waste your time. They are the most unorganized frustrating company to work with. What can go wrong with their processes DOES GO WRONG. They manage to screw up everything!

We moved to Paylocity to simplify our payroll processing. Were a small company and were doing it all manually, but Paylocity just made it worse. Their mistakes have cost is thousands of dollars, and so much time that couldn't afford fixing their mistakes. Their attention to detail caused mistakes in our payroll processing and we suffered for it.

Paylocity review by David L.
David L.

"Poor UX and weirdly buggy"

What do you like best?

It is full featured and satisfies a wide range of use cases

What do you dislike?

UX is clobbered together with a mixture of legacy web app with new modular ui, both of which are poorly organized and non-intuitive

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try Zenefits or Namely instead.

human resource administration, payroll, directory/org chart, time tracking (for hourly)

Paylocity review by Tara B.
Tara B.

"Paylocity = Pay Simplicity"

What do you like best?

I find it very user friendly and fairly intuitive for new users.

What do you dislike?

Reporting for Paylocity is limited. It's fine for my weekly reports but it lacks additional features that would be helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Fantasic for basic payroll. Reporting capacity is limited so don't expect much from that. Also useful for performance reviews and benefits enrollment.

Paperless direct deposit. Paylocity is great for accessing current and past direct deposit slips as well as breaking down taxes and deductions.

Paylocity review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"Nothing but problems and regrets"

What do you like best?

I honestly can't think of anything about this system or the service that I like.

What do you dislike?

Everything. The implementation was terrible - they sent dozens of spreadsheets for us to complete and the specialist just tells you she needs them over and over. No help at all. Then the spreadsheets were not loaded correctly so alot of our information was either lost or set up wrong so WE had to fix that. We have gone through 4 CSR's and 2 CS Managers and none of them have a clue what Customer Service means. They have 100's of reports but never tell you about the 100's of hidden screens that have tohave one item filled in before the reports will actually work - OSHA 300, EEO1, VETS100, etc. None of these work without secret fields filled in that they never mention during implementation. The ACA reporting is a disaster - it runs off whether or not someone gets paid so anyone on leave will show No Coverage during that time so you have to manually fix their 1095's. Paylocity will NOT do it and wont' tell you about it until the 1095's have printed and you have employees that say theirs is wrong.

I have worked in HR and Payroll for 30+ years and this is by far the worst system and the worst customer service ever. We send a question to our rep and they either ignore it completely or send us back a response telling us we have to do that and sometimes they include directions but even then, the directions are partial and dont' tell you everything.

RUN do not walk away from this product!!! This was chosen before I took this job and I can't wait until I can change companies.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do NOT! Don't even put them on the list!

None, they have only caused us more work fixing the mistakes. My HR Coordinator and I spent 2 days manually correcting 1095's ourselves over a weekend because they told us on a Friday that the deadline to correct them was Monday - after I had asked for 2+ weeks when the deadine was. They 'forgot' to answer me until the last minute.

Paylocity review by User in Medical Practice
User in Medical Practice

"Paylocity Review"

What do you like best?

Tough to say - every single member of our team has experienced some sort of frustration during the implementation and now first year of use of the Paylocity system.

What do you dislike?

For me as a Staff Recruiter, it is a very cumbersome system. I primarily use it to research employee pay. It takes too long to pull up one employee, there are no real sorting options to speak of, and it is almost impossible to run a report with all of the info needed. If I do need such a report, I have to request it from our Payroll Manager, who then must reach out to her contact to get it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Avoid it - the sales rep will pitch features that either do not exist or do not function as demonstrated. Even if the site itself worked well, the customer service is horrible. Our Payroll/Benefits team will have weekly meeatings that the rep completely bails on and then doesn't follow up on until the next day.

Compliance for HR, Benefits, and Payroll functions - it is also used for timesheets

Paylocity review by Administrator in Chemicals
Administrator in Chemicals

"Best Time Entry and Payroll System Around"

What do you like best?

The product is extremely easy to use and customer service is phenomenal. No matter when I call, even if my account rep isn't available, there is someone there to answer my question.

What do you dislike?

We have multiple company sets and it is sometimes cumbersome to toggle back and forth between them. But it isn't a huge problem.

We are tracking time worked and time off better, we have eliminated the need for a separate outlook vacation calendar. We have also been able to get managers to take more ownership over their employees by having them use the Paylocity app.

Paylocity review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Lots of information"

What do you like best?

Anything you could think of is in there. Pay, PTO, history of PTO, tax info, deductions, benefits, and much more.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that you have to have a company id to enter. As long as i have a username and password i should be able to get in. I would like to see a customizable home screen. Phone application could be made more user friendly.

I do not know that there are any problems in particular that are being solved.

Paylocity review by Administrator in Market Research
Administrator in Market Research

"Affordable & effective solution for SMB"

What do you like best?

The flexibility of the system to be able to customize fields and reporting is very easy.

What do you dislike?

Customer support does not exist when there are tax questions; they defer to your own tax advisor.

Easily accessible employee records (HRIS) and data stored in the cloud so our small HR team can access it anywhere and everywhere. As we have grown and our needs for HR solutions have increased, we have added time tracking, performance management and on boarding to the payroll capability.

Paylocity review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Good tool providing me all the pay/commissions info I need"

What do you like best?

my company had used it as their payroll so to get / see my pay and commission statements I used the tool, it was great, simple UI and when it comes to pay and such, you want the info you need when you need it and it did just that.

What do you dislike?

we had multiple hr and related tools and this was just one of them so it was another tool to get to know and need login credentials for

Recommendations to others considering the product

no additional other than prior comments; its a good tool

It was the platform used to dispense pay and commission information to employees. This is a pretty important area so you want a platform like this to work well, which it did.

Paylocity review by Thatcher R.
Thatcher R.

"Paylocity Review!"

What do you like best?

Paylocity provides a place for me to track pay, expenses and general personal information. I have really enjoyed it, and not had any problems so far. The expense section is especially easy and functional. I use this weekly!

What do you dislike?

No major dislikes at this point - I use Paylocity consistently with no problems.

We needed a place to house all things HR and Benefits. Paylocity has done this very well!

Paylocity review by Kelli R.
Kelli R.

"Not User Friendly"

What do you like best?

I like that you can add physical clock in/out machines at work entrances so you don't always have to log in.

What do you dislike?

I can't retroactively change my time sheet. I have a job where sometimes my day starts in a different location or the internet is down so I can't clock it. It'd be easier if I could update it and submit it for approval.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's just not User Friendly at all

Makes it easier to track people in mass

Paylocity review by User in Arts and Crafts
User in Arts and Crafts

"One stop shop for payroll related tasks"

What do you like best?

Easy to use for keeping track of time in and time outs.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes hard to navigate. Can be confusing to go from timesheet/ the area where you clock-in and clock-out to more informative pages. Times out quickly, but will appear to still be signed in, until you interact with the program and it signs you out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Set up PTO request-offs within the program.

Employee time-tracking, PTO management, check history, tax form access all in one place.

Paylocity review by User in Staffing and Recruiting
User in Staffing and Recruiting

"Fine, not great"

What do you like best?

Paycheck information is clear and frontal

What do you dislike?

All other interfaces are busy and confusing. It's difficult to find what I'm looking for. I'm just an end user, not an administrator, but I've heard from our back end team that it over-promises and cannot deliver on the functionality and integration promised.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't fall prey to the promised upgrades and integrations in the future. Only sign on if you like the existing functionality.

Deliver pay and benefits to a large and high turnover staff

User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Helpful but not super intuitive "

What do you like best?

I love that I have all my HR items in one place. My time off request, my w2, my paycheck information, and more details about benefits.

What do you dislike?

It is not easy to toggle between being an employee using the site for myself to being an admin/manager using it to manage my team.

Keeping time off request all in one location, utilizing the time card feature and hosting all tax information for our employees.

User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Good Potential but doesn’t cut it"

What do you like best?

Like the easy access via app and ability to consolidate multiple aspects of HR files into one database

What do you dislike?

Dislike that employees have to clock in and out. Dislike that employees are unable to enter their own times. Dislike not being able to see paycheck the day before as other program had allowed

Consolidates employee files, pay and time sheets. Easier to request time off. Reduced Payroll Team to only one person

Paylocity review by Rachel C.
Rachel C.

"It serves its purpose very well, but the layout isn't very user friendly"

What do you like best?

Its appearance is clean and the processes are simple once you know how to do them and where to go.

What do you dislike?

The layout is too complicated. You have to go to different areas to see specific details on the same things. For example, you can submit a PTO request in one screen where you can also see your history of PTO. But to see your requested PTO that hasn't happened yet, you have to go somewhere else.

Submit and track time off work; view paychecks

Paylocity review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Easy and Efficient"

What do you like best?

It's very easy to log in from anywhere to clock in and out. The website is mobile friendly and submitting time off requests is very simple.

What do you dislike?

The menus aren't very well organized. It's hard to locate your pay stubs unless you view them on a regular basis. They're tucked behind a few menu items.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Paylocity is accurate, easy and efficient from a user's point of view. I haven't had any errors in my payroll since I've been with the company. We've used Paylocity since I started.

Being an employee, I haven't used it on a management level. This section doesn't really apply to me.

Paylocity review by User

"Makes getting paid easy"

What do you like best?

The program is very easy to work with, very easy to set up and laid out very straight forward so you can find everything you need- pay statements, benefits, and paid time off.

What do you dislike?

The program doesn't have many dislikes but it does run a little slow at times.

We use Paylocity to register employees for direct deposit, also for them to keep track of their pay and benefits.

Paylocity review by Nikki S.
Nikki S.

"Worst decision ever!"

What do you like best?

The only thing that I like about this system is the auto generating reports that my managers can receive via email. Even with this feature though, I am limited on the number of people that can actually receive the reports. Currently the space provided in the system for email addresses is only long enough to accept two addresses.

What do you dislike?

Everything else. We are a small company with a basic attendance and payroll system, but nothing about this system works the way we were "told" it would during the sales pitch and demo. It took us over a year to get the system to actually generate data the way we needed it. Once Paylocity had the basics established, then we started running into change issues. For example, if you need to update a pay rule or change the holiday structure, you basically have to go to a training class in order to do so. Your reprentative (when you can reach them) basically does nothing for you. They either send you "directions" on how to do it yourself or they tell you how to register for a class on "how-to" for what you need. You basically have to have an HRIS degree or knowledge to work within the system. I've rebuilt computers that were easier to understand than some of their features and requirements. The payroll and the timekeeping systems aren't even connected so you have to verify that data is communicating between the two modules because we have had double deductions occur due to a specific way items are merged and so forth. Just very complicated for a system that can't be customized. Absolutely would not have made the decision to switch knowing what I know now. Make sure you ask questions before considering this because I promise you, you won't have a rep that you can reach when you need (we have gone through 3 now), The system doesn't really "fit your needs". It makes you fit their capabilities or deal with it, and finally you will be expected to manage every aspect of your own program once your implementation is over. This means that you will have to wait months to get into a training program that will show you how to change your holiday schedule or initiate the ACA module and so forth because THEY WILL NOT DO ANYTHING FOR YOU. You have to do it all on your own. The most that I have received was an email from our rep with instructions on how to repopulate the holidays in the system. I still don't have all of the pay codes that I need simply because I refuse to alter our data base.

Recommendations to others considering the product

ASK QUESTIONS!! So much was either omitted or falsified concerning their ability to customize as well as their level of support. I still don't feel that I have a fully functioning system over a year later.

The only thing I wanted was a payroll system that had payroll and time tracking. It does track time, but that is about all I can do with it because it still doesn't track our vacations correctly or apply the vacation or pto correctly. I still have to remember each employee who recently earned time and manually go in and apply it.

Paylocity review by Administrator in Retail
Administrator in Retail

"Switching to Paylocity"

What do you like best?

I love how user friendly it is. The report running and creating is very friendly and intuitive. Paylocity makes keeping track of training and expirations a lot easier and keeps you on top of things. Paylocity simplifies payroll and HR. Having a dedicated client rep is also a huge plus for me.

What do you dislike?

The only think I can say for certain so far is that sometimes on the paystub it combines lines and names them other and it confuses my employees. I know there was a report that I wanted at some point but couldn't get unless I got a custom report that would have cost extra.

Remembering expiration dates, eliminating payroll steps to minimize errors. Paylocity saves me a lot of time in reporting.

Paylocity review by User in Public Relations and Communications
User in Public Relations and Communications

"Easy to Use Payroll System"

What do you like best?

User-friendly portable, easily navigable. Updating information and viewing past pay stubs and benefits is really easy.

What do you dislike?

Some information isn't clearly labeled, so it does take some shuffling around when you first log in. Also, it would be great to receive an email that funds have been deposited on pay day.

Our company recently switched to Paylocity and it's been an easy transition. Having one place to manage pay information is great.

Paylocity review by Dale H.
Dale H.

"Nice robust platform for for everything payroll"

What do you like best?

I like how we can have all of our payroll related information in one spot. I can see my paycheck, time-off requests, and co-worker impressions on one screen.

What do you dislike?

Not easy to run historical reports on time off.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be patient. There's a lot to learn within the application.

A one stop shop for everything payroll related. Can also award your co-workers with kudos, and nominate them for Quarterly bonuses.

Paylocity review by James R.
James R.

"Payroll information in an easy-to-use SaaS"

What do you like best?

The site is very easy to navigate and gives you a good breakdown of your payroll (checks), benefits, time-off, etc.

What do you dislike?

Not much, it does what it is supposed to do. It does make you download your paycheck to view all details but that really isn't an issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its a very easy to use UI for all payroll and time-off needs for internal employees.

Payroll for employees

Paylocity review by User in Civic & Social Organization
User in Civic & Social Organization

"Does it's be job but can be confusing "

What do you like best?

Paylocity puts everything clearly in frontier if yo hand provides you with a lot of relevant information to your employment, some thing she that other systems may not even share with you.

What do you dislike?

It can sometimes be difficult to navigate and I find myself clicking around for simply tasks, such as getting back to the home page.

Recommendations to others considering the product

None

Submitting time off requests and tracking PTO as well as tracking my hours worked.

Paylocity review by Administrator in Education Management
Administrator in Education Management

"Worst Implementation Team I have ever worked with"

What do you like best?

2.5 months of paying for a system that is still not ready to use.

What do you dislike?

The implementation phase of this payroll system has been a terrible experience. The Paylocity team is disorganized and very rude to it's customers. We have worked with multiple employees all of whom demonstrate a significant lack of communication skills. Every time we are told that things are ready to launch they reveal another component of the system that still needs to be set up manually. They go out of their way to make a point that the delay is the customers fault when email trails of communication show that they are constantly falling short of their promises.

Need to pay a growing number of employees.

"Paylocity Review"

What do you like best?

A very user friendly payroll system with great features to connect via any device. Our staff also appreciates to recognize others via the impressions we can leave in they system. Standard reports are useful

What do you dislike?

i wish we had the ad hoc reporting was a bit easier to use

Recommendations to others considering the product

i would recommend it

an economical and user friendly payroll option for small and larger companies

Paylocity review by Internal Consultant
Internal Consultant

"Paylocity review"

What do you like best?

it is an automated system....better than a spreadsheet, but that is about all.

What do you dislike?

pretty much everything...functionality is terrible, trying to write an ad hoc report is a pain, trying to get any kind of simple enhancement can take 9-12 months "if enough clients ask for it"

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider this product ONLY if you are very small and only need a very very basic system.

it is a basic HRIS - a bit better than spreadsheets

we run payroll and benefits...but I wouldn't trust it to upload new salaries during recent performance review process

User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Great for payroll and timecard management"

What do you like best?

It is very easy to check your timecard and make sure you have enough hours. Digital pay stubs are a good addition too.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much to dislike. It's tough to look at your timecard and weekly hours on the mobile app, but online is fine.

All pay stubs are digitally available through Paylocity and are not needed to be given out.

Paylocity review by Samantha R.
Samantha R.

"Paylocity"

What do you like best?

Its very easy to use with great user interface.

What do you dislike?

The reporting function isn't the best and isn't that easy to use. And it has a fee to create custom reports.

We are able to run payroll in house and save money by not using a PEO.

Paylocity review by William L.
William L.

"Great software"

What do you like best?

Paylocity is the absolute best time tracking system I've used

What do you dislike?

I dislike absolutely nothing about paylocity

It's a fully digital system and is very easy to use from your phone. It's great

Paylocity review by Jeremy M.
Jeremy M.

"OK system for Payroll services"

What do you like best?

Payroll (the basic function of this system) works fine.

What do you dislike?

The disjointed nature of their multiple services. Different systems are built for payroll, time and attendance, web benefits, etc. and they seem to have difficulty communicating to each other at times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Implementation of extra services has been exhausting. The services have taken way too long to implement and still don't have full functionality once they are "implemented".

I am not sure with the initial reason to switch to Paylocity beyond running payroll.

Paylocity review by Sarah R.
Sarah R.

"Superior to ADP and Paychex"

What do you like best?

Paylocity is focused on providing the best payroll product with the best cutting-edge technology. We switched from ADP to Paychex and from Paychex to Paylocity. I prefer the Paylocity products over ADP and Paychex. They are constantly working on improving their products and providing the best user experience possible. I recently attended the Paylocity Client Conference and was so impressed at how dedicated they are to HR and payroll professionals. It is rare to have a company listen to every suggestion and question. They do whatever it takes to help make our lives easier, but also provide us with the tools that can help earn you a "seat at the table," so to speak. I also like to point out that switching from Paychex to Paylocity saved us 54% in annual payroll processing fees.

What do you dislike?

The only drawback to Paylocity is that our dedicated account managers switch quite frequently. When we worked with Paychex, I had two dedicated account reps over the course of 2 years. Since switching to Paylocity in January of 2014, we have already had 3 different account reps. I find myself calling into the main line quite often. All of the payroll reps are helpful and friendly, but I am the type of customer that prefers to deal with one rep over the long term.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Paylocity is great for small to medium-sized businesses, especially those that are more tech-savvy. They also are always improving the product and they actually listen to customer feedback! The reporting functionality is outstanding, and much easier to use than ADP or Paychex.

We are a tech-focused company and the Paylocity product addressed many of our employee issues with using Internet Explorer, the browser required for both Paychex and ADP. We reached out to Paychex several times about a mobile app, and unfortunately it was not offered when we were a customer. Paylocity is definitely more intuitive and user-friendly than any other payroll product. The biggest benefit for us has really been the cost. Paychex could not compete. I'm also looking forward to using the benefits feed to help cut back on some of the administrative burdens that come with open enrollment!

Paylocity review by User in Law Practice
User in Law Practice

"Pretty amazing"

What do you like best?

Its very user friendly. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out. Revisions are easily done and everything.

What do you dislike?

So far nothing. I like everything about it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely use this, it's easy to use, you have all the features that you could need especially if you have a big company.

Everyone has access to clock in and out on their own. The only monitoring that really needs to get done is at payroll time.

Paylocity review by Kory J. S.
Kory J. S.

"Paylocity is a good option if you're trying to save money"

What do you like best?

Paylocity has pretty good UI so it makes it easy to understand how I'm paid.

What do you dislike?

The integrations with other things we use can be a little lacking.

Payroll, expense reports, and time off requests are all handled by Paylocity internally or through our integrated partners. It's been good.

Paylocity review by User in Pharmaceuticals
User in Pharmaceuticals

"Streamlined Payroll System"

What do you like best?

The mobile app is great - especially when you need to put your hours in on the go or approve time sheets on vacation.

What do you dislike?

sometimes cumbersome to go through so many screens to get to location you want, when coded as supervisor.

Recommendations to others considering the product

App is super user friendly and had no problems so far with system.

great way to streamline payroll and approvals for PTO, timecards, etc.

Paylocity review by Cherina A.
Cherina A.

"USER FRIENDLY!"

What do you like best?

The canned reports are awesome and creating a customized report is easy! I like who we can include documents to an employee's profile.

What do you dislike?

The system is fairly straight forward (in my opinion) but employees who do not maneuver around Paylocity regularly can get lost, meaning...it takes them a while to figure out where to go for certain things.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I wish Paylocity has the options for the employee to on-board themselves. As the administrator, I currently on-board all new employees.

There is another system out there (Paycom) where they send the link to new hires and those employees can set themselves up. The Administrator is turn would review and then approve the new person's info to initiate their active profile within the system. This would be user friendly especially during the busy time of multiple new hires.

Having to upload all employee information is quite a task. I need to figure out how to import employee data to avoid massive data entry (salary history, benefit information, dependent info, etc). With ACA going into effect next year I need to ramp up and get everyone's record accurate and up to date. Paylocity can handle but usually there is a fee.

Paylocity review by User in Legal Services
User in Legal Services

"Comprehensive!"

What do you like best?

I like the number of functions I can complete using this one product.

What do you dislike?

We recently did our evaluations using Paylocity and it was awkward, confusing, and not very intuitive.

I like being able to perform any number of HR tasks using one product. It saves me time and it means I demand less of my HR specialist.

Paylocity review by User in Automotive
User in Automotive

"paylocity makes it easy to maximize your organization"

What do you like best?

Being able to request and approve time off for employees at ease. keeping track of upcoming events.

What do you dislike?

scheduling wizard is a little difficult to use for multi-store locations and reps that are floating

Recommendations to others considering the product

great platform for time and attendance. can use just the basics or use all of it,.

clocking in and out with proximity

Paylocity review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"Paylocity Customer for 6 Months"

What do you like best?

Comprehensive CRM, offering payroll, ACA, onboarding, and time keeping. Each is a separate module that works with the core module, Webpay.

What do you dislike?

It takes a while to get used to the flow between modules. Also, time keeping is only updated at pay cycles, confusing EEs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ensure that you understand the transition, how it works, and your responsibilities. It is intense and time consuming.

Onboarding and training are two of the main add on functions added. It's more cost effective to have electronic onboarding and the employee and supervisor training available in Paylocity are bonuses.