Paylocity

Paylocity

Paylocity's Web Pay, its flagship product, is a web-based payroll solution that is designed to deliver unparalleled payroll and HR management functionality to its users.With easy-to-use tools such as its paycheck calculator, pre-process register and a QuickPay feature that helps to speed-up processing, Paylocity's Web Pay delivers.

Work for Paylocity?

Learning about Paylocity?

Paylocity Reviews

Ask Paylocity a Question
Showing 438 Paylocity reviews
Paylocity review by Hugh C.
Hugh C.

"Service is the key"

What do you like best?

We never have issues when we call for questions or issues that may need a service ticket. This is the second company I have introduced to Paylocity and I am happy I made the transition in both cases. I've used several payroll & HR mgt services in the past (Paychex, Ultimate Software, ADP) and each time I switched to a different service it was because of service related issues and not the underlying platform.

What do you dislike?

I wish I could have more setup access. I understand how reporting works, accruals work and items and rather than have to rely on a team to set up GL interfaces or Benefit accruals I would love the ability to do that myself.

Cut my payroll processing costs to one third of the cost when I was with the Three Lettered company....I have also gotten much better data interfaces with other accounting and productivity systems we use.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Paylocity
Paylocity review by Austin H.
Austin H.

"Great Customer Service"

What do you like best?

Paylocity responds to its customers with great service. If I'm having an issue or want to try automating a process, I know I can call in and they will talk it out with me and present options. We've progressively adopted more of Paylocity's products and each implementation has been great because someone is dedicated to assisting you. And I appreciate that there are regular development upgrades/facelifts; it shows they're accepting users' feedback.

What do you dislike?

The user interface for creating reports is not the cleanest or most straightforward to work with. I also wish there were established APIs with Microsoft. We're not relying on many of our business systems, like Paylocity, to present data dashboard or data assessment; instead we're pulling raw data out of these business systems and processing, scrubbing, and presenting it all with Microsoft Office's query/B.I. tools.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Paylocity has a nice ease of use and the customer experience is great.

Clarity on attendance, employee data reporting, communication with employees, mobile solutions, data feeds to vendors, streamlined payroll process.

What Core HR solution do you use?

Paylocity review by Adela C.
Adela C.

"Best I've ever used"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to use and how it integrates with other applications. Entering timesheets is very easy and customizable, with the acception of limiting the options for the Pay Type.

This is our second year using Web Benefits. The amount of support we receive with this platform is phenomenal. They are willing to work directly with the benefits broker and provider in order to fix any issues.

What do you dislike?

There was one report that I was not able to create due to how the information was put into the system. On Web-Time, I am not able to limit the Pay Type options in order to reduce the probability of mistakes made.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It being a web based application, it allows us to make updates in real time. Most updates or corrections do not take 24 hours for processing. All reports that are ran do not take more than just a few minutes before they are ready. When transferring records from ATS (Applicant Tracking System), the longest it has taken for the record to be viewed in Onboarding has been two hours.

The biggest problem we have solved is integration within the system. The best benefit we've realized is that information does not need to be entered several times, so it's a huge time saver.

Paylocity review by Jenny B.
Jenny B.

"Paylocity is Awesome!"

What do you like best?

Since our company switched to Paylocity in 2016, I have been impressed with the quality of their workforce. The Account Managers are usually able to solve my issue immediately. The Implementation Specialists are so efficient that there are very few adjustments to be made; they are also very good at explaining the process. The trainers are top notch.

The cost is great too; we get more bang for our buck than we did with our last provider.

What I like best is that Paylocity listens and responds to user recommendations for upgrades.

What do you dislike?

There is not anything I can think of that I dislike.

We have been able to pull most of our HR functions into one easy to use HRIS. For about the same money that we paid our previous provider, we have been able to add recruiting, onboarding and benefit management modules.

Paylocity review by Precious M.
Precious M.

"super satisfied"

What do you like best?

Paylocity is very user friendly and they have great support staff who assist when there are issues to be resolved and they are resolved in a very timely manner. I also like that is on the web where I can process it everywhere, not only in the office.

What do you dislike?

I don't really have a dislike about paylocity. Paylocity is very user friendly and they have great support staff who assist when there are issues to be resolved and they are resolved in a very timely manner.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Paylocity especially the time tracking and payroll services with tax services. I am really satisfied with the product and services.

No problems. our payroll is running smoothly. Paylocity is very user friendly and they have great support staff who assist when there are issues to be resolved and they are resolved in a very timely manner.

Paylocity review by Marie E.
Marie E.

"Flexible and scalable - lots of features available, but simple to use if you don't want all the feat"

What do you like best?

There is a lot of flexibility for customizing the system to our needs. After the initial learning curve, it is super simple to make changes on the fly... add earnings codes, set up new departments, etc. I also really like the employee Self-Service Portal - I can customize what an employee can view & even add external links (useful for benefits enrollment). With the onboarding module & ability to upload employee documents, we now have virtual employee files! The price is very competitive with our last providers price, but the value is FAR GREATER!

What do you dislike?

Not sure this is a con, but if you don't like a self-service model, I'm not sure what the phone support is like. I've found the online resources to be very helpful and I like figuring things out on my own, so this is the perfect fit for me!

Recommendations to others considering the product

You won't be sorry.

I've worked with others in the past that say they have a user self-service portal, but Paylocity really delivers in this area and the result for us has been... employees ACTUALLY USE the self-service features available to them. As the admin, it's easy for me to customize content so it's easy for users to find what they need. There are process features available, such as handbook acknowledgement, that actually work & are easy for the employee to go back for reference.

Paylocity review by Destiny C.
Destiny C.

"Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

I like that it's mobile friendly, and can be accessed from any browser. I also really like the features of being able to get an estimate of your check, the ease of asking for PTO, and the ability for managers to leave "journal entries" on your performance.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the gps is delayed, which can be frustrating if your job requires you to clock in on site. The journal entries are a little odd, but I appreciate the transparency of being able to see how my manager summarizes our meetings.

You can see exactly where someone has clocked in or out. You can easily make notes for an administrator to change. PTO is easier to ask for and see how much has been accrued. It's also nice to be able to have communication between HR and managers more easily. Having a program specifically for HR and payroll makes asking questions easier, and finding the answer simply on this site.

Paylocity review by Jennifer F.
Jennifer F.

"Awesome software and excellent customer service. We have been with Paylocity since 2013. "

What do you like best?

Variety of tools we use in the software is fantastic. Benefits are tracked (vacation, sick, etc.) with ease and WebTime is awesome. We use the geomap for softball staff out at the parks and it keeps them honest since they can only punch in and out at the fields. I can't say enough about this software and how many useful tools they provide not to mention upgrades. You won't go wrong selecting this software for payroll.

What do you dislike?

A few glitches with the pension setup but Paylocity fixed them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A few years after using this product, I liked this company so much that I purchased their stock and still have it today.

Tracking vacation, longevity, OSHA reports not to mention we don't have to file quarterly tax reports or produce W2's anymore, yeah!

Paylocity review by Tova G.
Tova G.

"Great Payroll company"

What do you like best?

Paylocity has met our needs over the years as a growing start up from 8 employees to almost 200 today. We have been able to add modules as our needs arose. The support reps have generally been very responsive and helpful. Implementations for the new modules have generally stayed on time.

What do you dislike?

As we are a growing company, Paylocity's pricing strategy may not be optimal. Paying an amount per employee per month increases as we grow and increases as we add modules. It would be great to get an all-in price estimate including all modules. Paylocity may not be viable for a large company.

Onboarding gave us huge value. WebBenefits as well. We are looking forward to implementing Talent Management and possibly Recruitment.

Paylocity review by Ariel L.
Ariel L.

"Friendly User Experience"

What do you like best?

I love the easy to use platform. I'm not very familiar with this product, however my company switched over to from hand written time cards to this online time card system and it was great. I heard that my boss received very great training on the system.

What do you dislike?

The system had updated at one point and I did not like the changes. Before the system update, it kept me logged in for an hour so when I came back from lunch I could clock out without having to log back in. It's a minor annoyance to me.

Like I said in the first answer, we switched from paper to internet time cards so the difference was in the math and time. It is so much easier to count up the hours because the system does it for you. While I was not in charge of approving some one else's time card, I know this was a huge bonus to our managers.

Paylocity review by Tonya R. B.
Tonya R. B.

"Freedom!"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, data is easy to extract. Reporting is intuitive. I was amazed at how easy it was to switch from Paychex. My supervisors spend much less time managing time and attendance, and the employees have visibility to the time off calendar which is a huge help.

What do you dislike?

Some navigation needs work. Mobile clock in is not working for us. We have employees set up on our wireless, we have increased our network speed, we have done everything possible, but our employees waste time trying to clock in and out. Frustrating. I was hoping this would resolve itself with improvements to our wireless network, no dice.

Recommendations to others considering the product

So much easier than imagined to switch over. The integrations with our 401k are worth it alone, but all of the other features and ease of use have made this the best decision to date!

Ancient payroll processing system. We were with Paychex and their reporting was horrible, time and attendance was difficult and highly manual to manage. Customer Service was lacking. Little or no integration. Now all of my benefits and finance are integrated, time spent on Payroll and HR has dropped significantly.

Paylocity review by Heli V.
Heli V.

"Extremely satisfied"

What do you like best?

When switching to Paylocity two years ago, Paylocity's integration and implementation experts made a great job and helped with all our needs. Everything went smoothly. I took everything out of the training provided by Paylocity and I was very satisfied. I appreciate our dedicated Account Manager who is always willing to help. Paylocity's Web Pay looks nice, is user-friendly and payroll process is easy. Great place to store HR documents.

What do you dislike?

So many great things to learn every day, just wished to have more time to explore.

Currently we are going to use some process features, document acknowledgements, which are very helpful. New modules have been added on the way and now we should take every benefit of them.

Paylocity review by Cindy L.
Cindy L.

"Paylocity Rocks!"

What do you like best?

We have been using Paylocity over the past 2 years. The program is very user friendly for even those who are not tech software savy (like me)! The cost is even better than most competitors in the market. We lover using them, and still have ongoing communication with our original sales person.

What do you dislike?

Our dedicated account representative was not the most helpful or efficient in communication, but overall I rarely have many dealing with them, most issues I can resolve on my own.

The program is user friendly. The world we live in has become very technology driven so our employees like the ease of clocking in and out. Also the moible app is most helpful.

Paylocity review by Laura L.
Laura L.

"A Robust Software"

What do you like best?

The support is phenomenal! The support team is knowledgeable and responsive. I've never had a support call that ended unresolved. They don't just do it for me, they teach me how to do it.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of a negative thing to say. I've been working in the software for 10 months and I find it very intuitive and easy to use and yet robust and high functioning.

My payroll processing dreams have been realized. I can now easily account for new benefits that we can add for our employees. I can now schedule changes to take place instead of having to log in on the exact day I need a change to happen to an employee deduction. It's given greater visibility and control to my employees through the self service portal. I use the Events function every month to remind my employees of training or deadlines and it's all documented for reporting purposes.

In one place I can record safety certifications, track OSHA log info, electronically onboard employees, run payroll, complete employee reviews, track job applicants, post required notices for Health Insurance, many activities that I had to maintain multiple excel sheets are now wrapped up into one software that I can access from anywhere in the world.

It's fantastic!

Paylocity review by Administrator in Wholesale
Administrator in Wholesale

"Payroll that takes your feedback serious"

What do you like best?

Response times are FANTASTIC! They also listen to feedback from the users and implement changes based on it. For example, there is now an option to chat with your service team... making getting an answer super efficient for those of us in HR who multitask like we have 8 arms.

What do you dislike?

Training was a bit of a hurdle. We are in a company with many locations and not everyone is tech savvy, so it took effort on our part to continue their "train the trainer" approach throughout all of our locations.

Any other issues I've had have been resolved or submitted as "feedback"... so nothing really negative.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have a clear Idea of what you need and USE your implementation team. Be open to their suggestions on how they can help make the system run smoothly for you during implementation and moving forward.

Efficiency is WAY up. We were able to take a VERY paper process and make it easier and more streamlined using Paylocity.

Paylocity review by Sharon R.
Sharon R.

"Accounting manager"

What do you like best?

Demand checks are very easy to produce, payroll processing is easy, integrates with Employment Navigator, seems to be able to handle any type of deduction or earning and reporting is good. Many canned reports and these can be customized. Human resources functionality is very good. Paylocity also handles all of your payroll tax reporting and W2 filings and does a very good job. ACA functionality is good.

What do you dislike?

Time and attendence is not fully integrated with the payroll processing portion of Paylocity, extra steps involved in moving these records to payroll. Report writer is a little difficult.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We are very happy with our change to Paylocity. This a a very functional software that meets our needs and the price is very reasonable.

The biggest benefit has been getting HR integrated with payroll. Also, not having to do the quarterly tax returns and annual filings is a definite time saver. Integration with Employee Navigator prevents delays in getting deductions turned on or off in Paylocity.

Paylocity review by Jami H.
Jami H.

"Very good experience!"

What do you like best?

We currently have 360 employees. We use the Web Pay, Web Time, On Boarding and Web Benefits modules of the system. We implemented each over time as to not overwhelm us in the transition.

The implementation process with Paylocity was fairly smooth. We had a Paylocity contact person that took the lead and walked us through each step. The customer service and response time was excellent and all went off without a hitch. I was nervous that we would run into a glitch, but thankfully things went as smooth as they could.

We have been using Paylocity since 2016. The employees seem to pick up the system quickly and it has proven itself to be user-friendly.

The payroll process is easy, customer service is pretty good. You will always reach a live person and they are usually able to answer your question or fix the problem within a few minutes. If they cannot, they do get back to you with a solution or suggestion. We have no issues with WebTime. Time sheets are easy to complete for the employees and easy to import for payroll process.

I am able to pull reports easily on my own or contact a rep to help me create a report. This has very much helped us in strategic planning/staffing plans, etc.

OnBoarding is super. We have customized the module to include all of your new hire paperwork, a message from the school system president, a video, etc. This module is slick and really helps OnBoard new employees.

What do you dislike?

The only issue we had was when we brought in the Web Benefits module. Paylocity uses a third party to administer this portion of the system. They do not seem to have a grasp on the system yet or solid answers when we call. It is hard to reach a Web Benefit rep. We have found that we create "work-arounds" in order to push our benefits out accurately at times. It is not the worst system, but ...Web Benefits is not the best and certainly not up to par with the rest of Paylocity. We keep giving feedback with the hope that something can be done to elevate this module.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very good system. Web Benefits needs a little work yet.

We are able to use the data to be intentional and strategic in our decisions moving forward regarding staffing, benefits, etc.

Paylocity review by Administrator in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
Administrator in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

"A great tool for many different aspects of many different jobs"

What do you like best?

I love the data and analytics tab. I enjoy being able to have that visual when I am seeing how many new hires I have had this year or how many people have been terminated or quit. I also like that it shows the ratios of male to female and the different ethnicities to see that there is no discrimination at a quick glance.

What do you dislike?

There are a few things that I would like to be able to change or certain places where I would like to be able to sort that I can't.However, I think the majority of my issues are within my corporate office and not within paylocity itself. I think I just need to ask corporate to ask paylocity how to make those changes for us.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are so many options and so many cool things that you can do with paylocity. There are many things that can make your life easier as an HR person and make the lives of your employees easier like they can request time off online and you can approve it right through the system!

Paylocity makes it easy for me to provide employees with statements of vacation usage so that they know how much they have used and how much they have left. Same with points system.

Paylocity review by Administrator in Human Resources
Administrator in Human Resources

"Paylocity - A Payroll Partner You Always Wanted"

What do you like best?

Paylocity offers a litany of features that work in alignment with our organization's needs. They've also gone far and beyond to accommodate our unique setup since 2014 and we cannot be more thankful. We continue to expand our client base and look forward to the many enhancements and new features to come.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, there is not much to dislike with Paylocity's platform. Like any vendor, hiccups occur but they're so infrequent, it's hard to pinpoint one or another. In a Utopian world, perhaps we'd expect no downtime, timely payroll package deliveries (not even Paylocity's issue here, to be frank) and more legal support (I know this is not part of the service offering). With that said, we are overall happy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a tech organization that became an elusive, all-around leader in the payroll and HRIS space. Give them a shot when considering an ideal payroll platform for your organization.

As a PEO, Paylocity is helping us accommodate a common pay master setup for our business that would otherwise require us to use a PEO-friendly platform (Paylocity was never in the PEO business, truly). Where we've come with this and, more or less, the success rate of the setup, has benefited our organization in being able to run properly and in compliance with PEO-mandated laws in the country.

Paylocity review by Trudy L.
Trudy L.

"The best customer service experience! "

What do you like best?

Outstanding customer service. When I need help with something, I have a dedicated account rep. I do not get shuffled around from person to person. I never receive an answer of "we can't do that'. If it's something not yet available, they actually work on it and try to make it so. My account rep will work with me to figure out how to get what I need.

What do you dislike?

I do not have enough time to learn everything the site can do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The site can do as little or as much as you want it to. The customer service is outstanding and the company is always looking to improve their product and takes their customer suggestions seriously.

Paylocity has saved me hours every week during payroll processing. Managers get a direct notification from the site when an employee review is due; an employee requests time off; or a rate change needs approved. I no longer have to email each manager when these events occur.

Paylocity review by Administrator

"Outstanding implementation and customer service"

What do you like best?

Paylocity excels particularly in the areas of implementation and customer service. They know their market well and easily surpass the giants of ADP and others in this area. The system itself is intuitive and our employees find it easy to use and navigate.

What do you dislike?

Very few things come to mind, and certainly nothing significant. The workflow between the ACA module and Web Benefits is a little clunky, but it still functions as it needs to just fine.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have used and/or explored most of the other major products out there in my career. Without hesitation, Paylocity is the better product. Their attention to detail, customer service, and continuous improvements sets them apart from their competitors.

Our old system was a bit of a dinosaur, and most of our processes were very manual and laborious. A major area for us was being able to streamline and outsource payroll processing. This was a game changer for us and the effects were immediate. Additionally, we were able to convert to online open enrollment with the implementation of Web Benefits. Again - a huge shift for the organization, and one that has improved the experience of open enrollment exponentially (not to mention the number of trees we now save) :)

Paylocity review by Administrator in Real Estate
Administrator in Real Estate

"User Friendly"

What do you like best?

I like the online look of Paylocity. It is visually pleasing and user friendly. The help feature is very useful as well as the training documents and videos. Customer service is phenomenal to work with. Their one-call resolution is high.

I process payroll so I really like how the benefits are integrated into paylocity. Employees can make their election changes and it will feed into the system for payroll to approve.

I like the choice of canned reports.

There a so many features I enjoy about the system. Too numerous to name. That fact that it is user friendly and has excellent customer service ranks at the top.

What do you dislike?

I don't like when you need to set-up something and you start entering the information on the screen only to realize you need more information from another screen - let's say an employees address, you have to close completely out and go to the employee's file, obtain the information then go back to enter it in. I wish when you are entering information and you try and go to another section that it would come up as a popup or in another window.

I also when pulling reports, you get a green successful bar and a notice to go to user requested to obtain the report. I wish the link is provided so after pulling the report you can just click on it and it automatically takes you there. In some instances that is the case, but not all.

I also wish there was a better training on report writing. A lot of reports I write still requires a lot of manipulation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend you use this system. The ease of use from an employee and payroll standpoint sold me.

Paylocity's Customer service is definitely a benefit to us. We are connected to a rep with at least 97% one call resolution.

Paylocity review by Administrator

"HRIS that's raising the bar! "

What do you like best?

All the different modules! Paylocity has done a great job in creating a system that has it all!! The module that I use most are Recruiting, Onboarding and Company. Every module is user friendly and offers clear instructions, which is always great! This HRIS has a lot more reporting functions than other systems we've had in the past. I would highly recommend it, in fact I have! Just recently we started to see more and more employees use the impressions! We are currently going to start trying out the newsfeed function. For communication purposes the memos have been awesome! We can easily contact employees plant wide to share upcoming events!

What do you dislike?

Some updates are not communicated until we see them come through. I would like to see a little bit more communication when a module has been updated. Sometimes when pushing a new hire through Onboarding into the system I'll notice that addition info is being asked that was not required before.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd recommend for you to try it out! I do believe that Paylocity is raising the bar for all other HRIS systems.

Our onboarding process is a lot more smoother and the recruiting process helps stream line the overall process from the start! We have gone digital with applications! Thanks to the screening questions that applicants answer when they apply for the positon we are able to filter through the applicants who will be the best fit for the position. We absolutely love that we can quickly make contact with the applicants via email to confirm interviews, schedule onsite interviews, extend offers, ect.

Paylocity review by User in Music
User in Music

"Paylocity Overview"

What do you like best?

I like how convenient it is and how user friendly it is to find all of my HR needs in one place. I'm able to access payroll info, benefits info, and contact information of other employees in my office. It's also great because I can view the payroll calendar and know exactly when I'm going to get paid which is a wonderful feature. It's also nice to be able to see when other employees I work with are on PTO by using the tools feature. I'm able to see when everyone will be out of the office, which helps with communication.

What do you dislike?

There are so many tabs. It would be easier to find everything if it was laid out in a list format. Sometimes I get lost trying to find the information I need, and I feel like that would streamline that process a little bit better and make it easier for everyone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you input your data correctly the first time, to make it a more user friendly experience, and easier overall.

With Paylocity, it's cutting out a middle man and gives the employees more power over their own information, and cutting out communication issues by having easy access to everything that's needed all the time. I've realized how nice it is to have these tools at my leisure all the time, and not having to go to our HR rep to receive it is very nice.

Paylocity review by Cassie S.
Cassie S.

"Thoroughly have enjoyed everything."

What do you like best?

I like how helpful and informative the Paylocity personnel are. If they don't have the answers they make sure you are introduced to someone that might. They are also wiling to follow up with you after the conference to make sure all things are good to go.

I have really enjoyed having Angel Weatherspoon as my account manager. She is prompt and will keep going until the answers are found.

As for using Paylocity, I think that the program is very user friendly. Aesthetic appeal is well done.

What do you dislike?

Within the employee profiles, it would be nice to add notes and random details.

More explanation when using different payroll batch types.

Knowing exactly what Paylocity reports on our behalf for tax documents.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give feedback when they ask for it. Their goal is to cater to their customers, and without the feedback they can't.

My company has a unique situation with the volume of employees, company codes, and industry. Paylocity is on top of trying to situate for us, but we bring unique issues to the table.

Onboarding and recruiting are the two my company needs the most.

Paylocity review by Rebecca P.
Rebecca P.

"Great Customer Service and Customization with Tiny Issues"

What do you like best?

I love the level of customer service I receive, both the speed and the dedication to taking care of company issues. (We have great Reps at Paylocity, Angel and Anna!) I also love that I have the ability to build most of what I need and can be a real system power user. My favorite thing is that we feel our company has a voice with Paylocity, when we give a suggestion or enhancement request it is heard and addressed.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that there are small, but annoying issues in the system, ex. glitching to the first employee in the alphabet or doing a per check vs. annual salary. Another annoyance for me is that I feel everywhere in the system I don't have the ability to leave notes on my work regarding employee history, changes, retro payments, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Paylocity does have, what a feel to be, a very focused middle-market approach. As a company who works in Staffing and Recruiting and has very different needs at a higher volume than other company's I feel that you have to take into consideration what your high volume business areas are.

We are really working on learning enough about the system to be able to apply it to areas of the business we have not thought to automate or use through Paylocity. We've realized a lot of benefits to the system mostly of being able to customize to our business.

Paylocity review by Rebecca A.
Rebecca A.

"Overall"

What do you like best?

Entering payroll batches: ability to create batches and merge them with the time import batches. Saves times and I can enter info at my leisure.

Report Writer: love the ability to create my own reports and get the data I need.

Direct deposit and taxes: have the ability to change and adjust anytime

Dashboard created by our team is a great shortcut to everything we need from benefits, to pay stubs, to news of things going on at the company

What do you dislike?

Onboarding tax forms: if the employee fills them out wrong ( select a state they don't live in or we don't operate in )its an audit nightmare. Paylocity's solution is also delete and have admin enter the data. Not audit acceptable to our company

Male Female option. We have a trans gender employee and an employee who chooses not to identify with a sex. There should be an option for the employee to display their preference while making sure Web Benefits can feed the correct sex over to the benefit provider.

Account Manager: when an account manager is assigned to an account their is no communication about who that person is. We went from implementation specialist to an unknown account manager because the account manager did not reach out. Then our account manager left and several days went by and no email or call was received from new account manager. Though if we called for support we were told someone was assigned to our account.

Hourly employees: auto populates with AM after hours. Wish there was no auto population. Drop down menu would be better then auto populate. Having to correct to many issues with auto populate.

Solving reporting problems.

Paylocity review by Rachel S.
Rachel S.

"New Employer with Paylocity"

What do you like best?

I love that things are always changing - that the platform has the resources and is also excited about continuously expanding their boundaries. It's one of the things that drew me to Paylocity of all the other platforms.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how burdened some of the screens feel and the time off - it's inconsistent between WebTime and WebPay - self servivce

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ask questions - don't be afraid to be specific because it makes the experience easier in the long run! Create a relationship with all of the persons you interact with - your sales rep, your brokers, your implementation consultants it makes the process so much more fun! Do a countdown to go live for your employees!!

Payroll, Recruiting, Expense Reporting - making all of these more metrics driven and easier. We have been able to save traveling reps so much time and hassle, we've been able to streamline recruiting to get resumes into hiring managers hands quicker. There are not as many manual things to do during payroll!

Paylocity review by Administrator in Human Resources
Administrator in Human Resources

"Paylocity has been a great tool for streamlining our payroll and HRIS processes. "

What do you like best?

I like that the web-based features allow me to access our account from any location with internet access. It has given me more freedom to complete my work while travelling and to access information as needed. Employees can also access their information from any location as well. We have 189 employees, 8 locations and are spread out across 2 states so I appreciate having a tool to communicate with all the employees at all locations. The mobile app has been a great feature for our employees.

What do you dislike?

There have been enhancements to the software since we started with Paylocity in 2012. They are for the better, but in doing so, created new "modules" or products to purchase to use the added features instead of just updating the current one. For example, there are a lot of "hard coded" features in the benefits tab that can't be changed, but if we add "WebBenefits", it doesn't have the same "hard coded" issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

What worked for us is a slow roll-out. We started with payroll processes and have moved to more of the employee self-service features. Always improving based on customer feedback.

I have greatly reduced the amount of time it takes to complete payroll. We've also eliminated paper pay stubs and employees have access to the online portal to view communication notes and their pay information.

Paylocity review by Rachel B.
Rachel B.

"Surprisingly Positive!"

What do you like best?

The module implementation teams are amazing! Each team member is so knowledgeable and patient, it made for the best experience. Since then, Paylocity has shown the commitment to enhance the products and listen to the needs of its customers. Always reminding us that we made the right choice of HRIS system and company!

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the response time from our Account Manager didn't match the urgency that we felt. We have learned that one individual isn't the only resource available. We call her directly, but press 0 for anyone on the team to help us. Each time, our issues are resolved in a very timely manner. It's been a learning process but we never feel alone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't second guess yourself, choose Paylocity!

The benefits are many: paperless, cost savings, consistency, presentation. Paylocity has enabled our company to grow without the hurdles of paperwork shuffled in between HR , Payroll and Finance. Insights have provided our Exec team with a high level overview of trends that are very useful.,

Paylocity review by Melissa I.
Melissa I.

"Good system with potential to be great."

What do you like best?

Document storage, great way to store and share documents with the right people regardless of where they are.

Weblink, great tool for mass updates.

Data Insights, great tool for sharing visual metrics with leadership.

What do you dislike?

First tier of customer service is not the best. I don't expect them to know everything but in general they need to show more initiative in finding answers and solutions. Often i receive an abrupt "no, we cant do that. do you have any other questions. They should respond with "Let me find out" or "No, but we can do this." My current manager and her team do try to find a way to meet our needs, but we had to go through several before finding them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your research, ask a lot of questions and make sure they really understand what you are asking for. Paylocity may not be the right fit for all companies.

Biggest benefit is the mobile app, especially for timesheets, We have a very mobile and wide spread workforce, this is a great tool for keeping them on top of their profile and timekeeping.

Gathering and reporting data. Our current leadership values and requests frequent updates and info to help guide projects.

Document storage has been helpful.

Paylocity review by Debbie G.
Debbie G.

"Super Awesome"

What do you like best?

Paylocity is easy to learn, implement and understand. We have fiver different companies and they are combined into a company set which allows me to create reports with combined information or separate information. The payroll processing is quick and easy using CSV spreadsheets to upload hours from our ERP system. The are numerous reports available and creating custom reports is quick and simple.

What do you dislike?

We started with basic HR and Payroll in 2012 and since then many new modules have been created. Adding these modules is costly because we have five companies. New modules should be offered at a discounted rate for those of us who started with basic. The mobile app does not offer the capabilities necessary for administrators.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Payroll processing is quick and simple with Paylocity. This company is innovative and continuously striving to meet the needs of customers with new and enhanced improvements and additions to it's offerings.

They have options for benefit tracking, PTO tracking, performance management, recruiting and onboarding. Their customer service team is always eager to help and I generally receive the answer I need immediately.

The ability for employees to be in control of their own data via employee portals. We have been able to do away with paper vouchers and require employees to view their pay information on their portals. PTO time is now kept in Paylocity and easily tracked. No more paper requests for PTO time. Everything is done in the portal.

Paylocity review by Valerie Y.
Valerie Y.

"Fantastic support and product."

What do you like best?

User friendly - exceptional training and support! All the various parts of the system work together - for example the time and attendance piece transfers directly to payroll without issues, the HRIS portion works with payroll, etc. You only have to enter the information once.

What do you dislike?

Really nothing! I get excited every time I learn something new with the system. We have only been using it since the beginning of the year and and are learning new features to streamline the HR processes almost daily.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I was very apprehensive about switching payroll because you do not want errors with the first payroll. Paylocity's integration experts were absolutely fantastic and helped with payroll every step of the way to ensure you KNOW what you are doing before they cut you loose on your own. The staff is extremely knowledgeable and want you to feel confident in the system.

Reduced paper (paperless check stubs), payroll is easier and doesn't take as long, reports for time and attendance, reviews are now done electronically, able to attract younger talent to the workforce because of the electronic capabilities of the system, time off requests are streamlined, onboarding is getting easier, employees are becoming more engaged, we are able to do our benefits online, really the list goes on.

Paylocity review by Jennifer A.
Jennifer A.

"HR Manage"

What do you like best?

The entire platform. Our company was purchased and we are now having to use both Paylocity and a different platform. I would rather have stayed with Paylocity.

What do you dislike?

Nothing! There is nothing within this product that I dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely! You will not be disappointed in the least.

Reporting. The analytics feature is fantastic to have some numbers immediately at your finger tips. The reporting feature is extremely easy to work with. I've never had any issues trying to find a report to give me the information I need. In the past I have used Paychecks and ADP, and Paylocity by far, is a greater platform to work with!

Paylocity review by Zack S.
Zack S.

"Paylocity: Great, Easy to Use Tool for Multiple HR Functions"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that Paylocity has an easy to use interface and is great for keeping track of payroll information. It also has a well-design mobile app. Employees can find any info they need on their pay/benefits without having to come to HR for every question.

What do you dislike?

I find that Paylocity is not necessarily the best software to use for time and expense tracking. Thus, our organization uses another tool for those functions. Paylocity certainly could be used for those functions, I just found the interface to be less intuitive than with some other tools.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Paylocity is a good choice if you're looking for an easy to use tool to manage multiple HR functions.

Our organization primarily uses Paylocity to keep organized in terms of payroll and employee records management.

Paylocity review by Benjamin M. B.
Benjamin M. B.

"Excellent overall, great dispute resolution"

What do you like best?

The phone support. Able to resolve problems quickly... I felt comfortable talking with the people and They were available during business hours. Support upfront was good. Could use more time with phone calls during implementation and training.

What do you dislike?

Costs are high relative to competitors. Complex user interface. I feel like for the price we are paying, we should receive a much higher level of service. Though we are a small company, payroll is a big part of what we do. It could be done in-house, but we appreciate the ease.

Recommendations to others considering the product

n/a

Large payroll burden (paperwork, reporting, etc.) lifted and they do a lot behind the scenes..

Paylocity review by User in Hospitality
User in Hospitality

"A decent platform if you're not investing a lot of money"

What do you like best?

Paylocity does have a unique web interface, it definitely loads a lot of the key information you need depending on your position on the front page.

What do you dislike?

There is a lot of clunkiness in navigation until you get to use it. The menu could use an overhaul. It is definitely, hard to get the exact reports I need to pull concerning time/attendance, PTO use, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Paylocity is good in that it does cover a large number of needs in terms of onboarding, payroll, benefits administration, time card, etc. However, the thing that really brings down their grade is just the simple lack of a good overall UI. It is a struggle to easily get to places on the web based side. They should take a hint from their own mobile app and follow that UI layout and apply that at the web based level as well.

Paylocity will save you money by comparison to some of the larger names including ADP but they definitely are lacking that overall ease of use in comparison.

We utilizing this as a pay portal, vacation portal, benefits administration, and so on. A lot of our initial onboarding tracks through this system as well.

Paylocity review by Ryan F.
Ryan F.

"The Pro's and Con's of using multiple products"

What do you like best?

I love that I can have Time and Attendance, Pay, Benefits, Onboarding and Recruiting all in one place. There are big-time efficiencies that come with using these products in concert. My employees have one sign on instead of 3-4 that they'd need otherwise. In the case of Web Benefits, our insurance enrollment interface went from paper forms to fully electronic with automatic linking to payroll deductions. Win-Win for me and our employees!

What do you dislike?

The navigation between areas is NOT intuitive. This confuses many staff members. Most staff members do not know the difference between Web Pay and the Self Service Portal. Why call them two different things? When you are in Web Pay/Self Service, and you go to Applications, you can see ALL of the applications, but when you're in Web Benefits or Web Time, you can only go back to Web Pay. This is confusing for our users. All applications should be connected so you don't have to go back to Web Pay just in order to get to Web Time or Web Benefits. This is also problematic for me.

Why does the Onboarding module look different than all of the others?

The other item on the top of my list is the maze-like navigation of the many different fields. Why does the HR header exist at all? It seems to bring you into a labyrinth of different options that are not available from the main navigation. Why can't these be combined? It's like you guys built and built and built on top of the existing framework instead of thinking about the simplest way to design it from scratch.

If I were to leave Paylocity, it would be because of how often I hear from our employees: "The navigation sucks! I never know how to get to the info I want!"

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have a wide swath of your employees demo the product and its navigation so they come in with a full understanding of the system's benefits and challenges. Weigh how they value having all info in one place vs. some of the navigational challenges w/ the less-than-industry-leading user interface. If you have in-house developers/web team, have them scrutinize Paylocity from the UI/UX angle.

Integration is top of my list. I save hours per month thanks to the time and attendance, web benefits and the payroll functionalities.

Paylocity review by Administrator

"Not great, lots to be desired "

What do you like best?

it's got a great training station where you can take webinars on demand or schedule training. It's turned out to be very helpful in understanding this HRIS without needing additional training.

For most part it's pretty intuitive when it comes to using it and finding data. I also love the data insights.

What do you dislike?

the fact that there's errors in the way it interacts with our Applicant Tracking Software that it does not pull all the data that it should and we need to end up adding it manually, so it add a lot of extra work instead of saving time, not practical.

I dislike that the data insights are only per company, I wish I could see one that covered all the companies.

I really don't like that there's not back button, so every time I do a search let's say the name of an employee who is hired at different companies and click on one of them, there's no way to get back to that screen, so I have to type in the employee's name again, basically starting over and it's annoying.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure that it can really talk to another system you're using it with.

Make sure it's the right system for your industry, it might be better for companies that only handle one payroll and not several.

payroll and talent management for a workforce of more than 800 employees

Paylocity review by Glennife  M.
Glennife M.

"Amazing! I have worked with 3 other payroll software and Paylocity by far the best for any industry."

What do you like best?

Innovation - if there is an issue with your setup they quickly fix it or create a new procedure.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, any issues I have had with Paylocity has always been resolved quickly. I do not have any dislikes about the software. Just keep helping us, the consume, make the program work better for us to work with. I have told everyone that owns a business about Paylocity. I truly love the software.

Always solving new issues that come up. Recently the Family leave leave tax. There is always someone knowledgable in the field that gets problem solved in a timely manner.

Paylocity review by Alex G.
Alex G.

"Great Customer Service, Solid Platform"

What do you like best?

Paylocity is easy to navigate once you take a few minutes to just mess around with the system. I think the ease of use within the pay batches is very nice. Next day delivery on manual checks and the customer service is great. I get through to an account manager very quickly every time I have a question.

What do you dislike?

I don't think it's visually the best system for our employees to look at. The way that web pay, self service portal, web benefits etc are all separated doesn't make a ton of sense to me and I can see that confusing our employees. I think the reporting could be a bit better as well. I consider myself to be pretty tech savvy but I struggle at times in report writer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider the ease of use for employees (self service) when evaluating. I worked on paylocity when I was with a tech company and there were still challenges for the employees.

Easy payroll process. I know I mentioned the reporting as a negative but I do think the general payroll reports (register, summary, etc) are simple and easy to get. I think the solution, when you have it all figured out and implemented, is pretty seamless. There are no real pain points for it. Everything I could complain about are small things that are more about my preferences than anything else.

Paylocity review by Michael C.
Michael C.

"Require Accuracy? Not for you.."

What do you like best?

The ease of use for members and the ability to have electronic access to paystubs 24/7. Paylocity gives new employees huge access to information that would previously be requested from HR and take possible days to recieve.

What do you dislike?

For employees, paylocity is too easy to mess with for the benefit of the employees with a loss for a company, For example, clocking in for a shift using paylocity is too simple and capable from an electronic device. Allowing employees to clock in and out using their smart phone devices opens up alot of avenues for problems,

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider the possibility of unhonest employees if using for payroll. Paylocity allows employees/users the ability to clock in and out of shifts using their personal smart phones..

Paylocity does provide for an easy, user friendly program for employees to have access to an "online HR" program with access to several types of documents and pay/benefit information.

Paylocity review by Pam M.
Pam M.

"Personal Account Manager"

What do you like best?

I really enjoy having a personal account manager that I can email and call whenever I need too. I also like that I don't have to wait on hold for an hour.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the report manager is not as user friendly as needed. I would like to be able to sort and filter the reports better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Paylocity is a great company to work with. The implementation team and everyone involved with the switchover process and the support are great.

I would like to learn how to better utilize the other parts of Paylocity besides just the payroll.

Paylocity review by Megan V.
Megan V.

"User Friendly System"

What do you like best?

Our company strives to have the best software for our engineers to do their jobs and this is no different when it comes to the administrative/operations side of the company. Coming from a system that was basically a bunch of different pieces forced together (that did not work well together) to a system like Paylocity was a very welcomed change. Overall it is very intuitive. The only piece we do not use is the Time and Labor as we have a separate system for that due to the nature of our business and the need for an ERP system. However, we have never had an issue pulling information from our ERP and loading it into Paylocity. Payroll worked well for this, however, we are starting to pull more info and load it into Paylocity and so far it seems to be working pretty well. Clearly having all HR functions in one place is a huge benefit.

What do you dislike?

One thing I wish it did was allow for more historical data to be added - specifically salary history for each employee. Right now, this information is kept in a spreadsheet but it would be helpful if this could somehow be loaded in. There isn't much that I would change with the software, maybe some small things here and there that could make things more clear to users.

The negative experiences I have had were more on the support side. There have been times that we would get a different answer for the same question from different reps which can be frustrating. Pretty much all of these types of issues have been worked out in the few years that I have been with Paylocity and the company has been flexible in working with us if we find that a particular manager just isn't the right fit for us.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you go with Paylocity, be sure to take advantage of all the trainings they have available for the various modules. This seems obvious, however sometimes even taking a training more than one time can be very beneficial. If you don't understand the system, it will just lead to misuse and frustrations. There is no point in purchasing a great system if you don't take the time to really learn it.

If you believe that your assigned account rep just isn't the right fit, talk to someone about it. Doesn't hurt to let them know and try someone else. This type of thing can happen with any company similar to Paylocity - sometimes it's just about finding the right person that understands your needs.

One system for everything. We recently added the performance module and will be using that for reviews this year so I'm excited to see how that goes. It's great because you can put compensation rec's right into the system which lowers the risk of human error when having to input all employees rates at once.

ACA is also made easier.

Also, we went from written/paper healthcare open enrollment to this which was a huge time and error saver. It's so great that employees can sign up/waive right in the system and that info goes to our healthcare provider.

Also, since adding talent management - it's so much easier bring a new employee from resume submission to onboarding to payroll.

Paylocity review by Nicki M.
Nicki M.

"Paylocity for payroll processing"

What do you like best?

We have Paylocity mainly for payroll processing but also have the employee/manager self-service solutions, reporting, ACA compliance, and PTO accrual/processing system. I think Paylocity is great for payroll processing and makes it very easy to do.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the lack of ability to modify/edit/delete PTO requests. The way they are directly tied to payroll processing can cause the employee's time off history to not be accurate depending on the timing of the PTO request approval in relation to payroll processing. I don't like that there are multiple ways to get to the same places of information for the employees and that there are two different places that have some of the same information, but one place has additional information. It's not very intuitive in that regard. I also get annoyed having to type in my company ID when I call in and then give it again when the phone is answered - especially if I call customer service a couple times in one day.

Currently we are not using any HRIS for more than payroll and PTO tracking. I don't feel the company is seeing as many benefits as we could by just having the payroll solution (I came into the company after they already had this established, though, so I'm sure I have a different perspective because of that).

Paylocity review by Alison M.
Alison M.

"Very easy to ease and pick up quickly"

What do you like best?

It is very easy to navigate and learn how to use the system without a lot of training. I like how much information it stores for our employees and that I can upload documents easily into it.

What do you dislike?

There is not much to say that I dislike. I would say it could improve on its capability to customize, however I have not a lot of experience with the system and it may already be able to do this.

We are using it for is HRIS capabilities, I have been able to easily run reports to create new reports and track information regarding employees.

Paylocity review by Lauren D.
Lauren D.

"PTA"

What do you like best?

I like that it is easy to see your pay check and benefits. I also like that the time punch is easy to access.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that it logs you out when you push a button and then kicks you back to the home screen. I have misspunched many times due to the log out process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a large company be sure that paylocity can handle the number of employees.

We use this as a means to track pay. However our company is too big for paylocity to handle and they messed up our tax forms this past year.

"Payroll system awesome"

What do you like best?

the ease of use and quick response team for any payroll related issues. This is a fabulous system.

webtime included!

What do you dislike?

your expense module was working fantasticly until early september when it now will not allow scrolling through receipts. 2 months have passed and it is still not fixed. it does not appear anyone is working to fix this. it is very tedious to go in and out of expense line items for review and approval. please fix!

also, GL team is very slow to respond. we are consistently told a 3-5 business day turnaround, and typically i have to ask 2x and wait again for any response or connection to a team member.

more reporting capabilities, ease of use for employees to change personal information and awesome time and attendance.

Paylocity review by Administrator in Insurance
Administrator in Insurance

"Paylocity - Such an easy system to use"

What do you like best?

I love that each module of the system speaks to the other. It is so nice to make a change in one place and it feeds to all the necessary fields for that associate.

What do you dislike?

Even though the training was great, I would have preferred an on-site training. It just my style of learning. All of my questions were answered and my implementation team was amazing, it's just a preference I have.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It has made our life so much easier & the transition was seemless.

We are able to mainstream a lot different tasks. There are reports & graphs in Paylocity that used to take us forever to accumulate the data for; if at all. We were able to get rid of additional systems and just use Paylocity for all.

Paylocity review by Administrator

"Paylocity is a excellent integrated system"

What do you like best?

Customers get a live Customer Support Rep within a minute of calling. They are well trained, knowledgeable, helpful, good listeners, and make every effort to solve your problem. Paylocity technology is stable, no crashing; interface is user-friendly; there's , lot of helpful tools, modules and data.

What do you dislike?

1. The mobile app has known problems Paylocity is working on (employees cannot submit time off requests on app). 2. Simple requests for custom reports/security role set ups take up to 6 weeks and must be processed through the SUPPORT REP. After pushing Paylocity for a status and a report/security role CREATOR has been assigned and contacts you, the process is quick.

Transition to work digitally in HR, time off, recruiting, performance review and payroll. We are not working more efficiently, plus management has invaluable HR and payroll data at their disposal for planning.

Learn more about Paylocity

Paylocity Videos

Learning about Paylocity?

* We monitor all Paylocity reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.