Paymo

Paymo

Simple project management app that bundles task management, time tracking and invoicing

Work for Paymo?

Learning about Paymo?

Paymo Reviews

Showing 341 Paymo reviews
Paymo review by Alan S.
Alan S.

"Stay on Task and On TIme!"

What do you like best?

Interface is simple, intuitive and easy to upload real-time data into. Time tracking is seamless and invoicing along with project management is interactive and allows for task and milestone management. All in all, we have found Paymo to be our one stop shopping location for organizing and managing projects both large and small!

What do you dislike?

To be honest, we have found very little lacking with this software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it, we think you will find its structure and flexibility at a cost point that makes it one of the bast systems on the market right now!

I personally utilize it to manage my 11 member team and the various projects and commitments we have on a daily basis. Everything from calculating time for an emergency response call, to simply changing a light bulb - Paymo provides real-time solutions and the ability to track the time to accomplish them!

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Paymo
Paymo review by Jolanda S.
Jolanda S.

"You will not forget anything else"

What do you like best?

Great service. We have been using Paymo for several years now. This is really a universal tool for work. A handy mobile client and great widgets for Android. I always see the information I need. It greatly facilitates my life. Excellent opportunities for creating reports.

What do you dislike?

The mobile application is convenient only for viewing the current work, it is strongly limited in functionality. I would like those developers to improve mobile applications and add existing functions to it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not worry any more that you can lose important information, just open the browser and start working with Paymo. You will no longer get lost in a huge number of projects and there's nothing to miss. Try the competitors Paymo and you will understand that it is the best.

Paymo helps us keep everything up to date. With this service, I use my time more effectively, which means I can make my work even faster and better.

What Project Management solution do you use?

Paymo review by User in E-Learning
User in E-Learning

"Easy-to-use for small and medium businesses"

What do you like best?

Easy to use. Intuitive Dashboard customizable and with the main information that you need to successfully manage all of your projects. Great for saving time and managing projects effectively when working with a team. It's also great for freelancers who want to monitor their projects and clients easily. I use Paymo remotely to communicate with my team and it helps me prevent errors. The interface is super easy and fun to use, and the unlimited project feature fits my needs perfectly. I will definitely use it for future projects as well regardless of the company I'll work at. I had no trouble adapting to the interface and I trust that you will too. This tool has improved my productivity and organizational skills as well.

What do you dislike?

No cons so far. Paymo updates their features regularly so they can keep up with my needs. I haven't come across any deal breakers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give this tool a try if you're looking for a complete project management software at an affordable price.

It helps clear communication misunderstandings and distribute tasks evenly.

Paymo review by Darwin N.
Darwin N.

"Very good tools with the super fast working system."

What do you like best?

Very great power in my hands with this good software. Everything is automatic. I like to work with the good platform. The very functional system of work.

What do you dislike?

Till now I don't know what to say. As I don't have any bad problems with this platform. I know how wonderful work and use it. Also I know that support service is very good working.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I guess it is the very good solution to work with. You can control everything in one click. To manage all steps of the project it is the best way. Very fast working system.

The good step that we control almost every our step. Everything on our hands as email, folders and more. Great works on our reports. Perfect that we see start and end of the time of our work.

Paymo review by Angelena D.
Angelena D.

"Great time with Paymo!!!"

What do you like best?

Now my work with more fun.I like that when I'm writing a project or etc. by luck it's will autocomplete. A software function that gives me the version of finish forms and words.

What do you dislike?

I don't know what I can dislike. Very hard question. Just can say that all that I'm doing I understand and follow with easy step.Nothing to dislike at all.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Everything in one part. Great control app. Helps you to control any stage of a project.The software works extremely fast and consists of perfect working tools. Ability to know everything about the financial side.

We can control time which we are spent online, in emails, documents or any sites.Helps with reports. So nice I can see all time when I was started and when to finish my record.

Paymo review by Lisa C.
Lisa C.

"I could not do my job without Paymo"

What do you like best?

I'm a self employed graphic and website designer and I have over 50 clients on the books. In a typical week I'll be working on at least 10 different jobs. Because of the nature of the work I often have to wait for a client to respond to a question before I can move onto the next stage. This means that in any given day I am working for at least 4 clients, usually more. To make things more complicated I charge depending on the work with 2 or 3 different payscales per job.

Without Paymo I'd have to do this all by hand, or guess what projects I had spent time on. With Paymo I can easily just move from client to client or to a different project for the same client at the click of a button. At the end of the month it's easy to generate invoices and the clients can pay online.

Honestly, if someone took Paymo away from me I'd sit down and cry. It is vital to the way I run my business and it frees me up to get more work done, and be paid accurately for it.

What do you dislike?

There is very little to dislike. It would be nice if the system automatically generated invoices for me at the end of the month but it only takes half an hour to do them manually.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Paymo provides multiple wonderful solutions for people like me with many different clients.

I'm solving the problem of juggling multiple clients with multiple rates of pay. If I had to do this by hand it wold take an insane amount of time.

Paymo review by Krzysztof W.
Krzysztof W.

"Conveniant and easy to use software for projects and teams"

What do you like best?

I like how seamless it is to track time, and generate reports from them. Especially given out 5+ years history with Paymo - the data we have now is great asset.

Its easy to generate reports for clients, projects or users, so all views covered. Filtering tasks is also good enough so our customers get clean and readable reports.

What do you dislike?

I am a bit afraid of feature growth, as if our parts (ones we use) would be prioritized. Also lack of tagging tasks make some reporting more complex.

What we miss still is lack of integrations - we have other tools (like Trello, Bitbucket) which we cannot integrate well - and we do not like that Paymo grows internal features while integrations are still lacking.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try!

Setup time tracking in a way not connected to money, so your user can be honest. Use reports to get to know your business and costs better.

I am using Paymo as source of information how much projects take and how much time we spend on working with them.

This is great form both customer facing perspective - we can bill hourly and provide detailed reports, or do fixed price projects and validate our estimates.

Its also good for knowing how much time we spent in the office.

Paymo review by Juan Ignacio G.
Juan Ignacio G.

"One of the best tools to track time"

What do you like best?

Time Reports are the best things that the application has, a lot of ease to understand each chart and insights of how we spend time can be seen. I also really like the way in which new projects are loaded and the possibility of differentiating them by the bidding method.

What do you dislike?

The team scheduling section is a little confusing, especially for those who are not familiar with the weather tracking tools. While the calendar style design is successful, the load per user is a bit cumbersome.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is an easy tool to use at a general level, with an accurate design and that adds value to the single action of tracking time; both for its reports and for the possibility of shared use.

One of our clients requires that we specify the hours we work on their project and what specific actions we do in that time; With this tool we also generate internal reports to improve the use of our time.

Paymo review by Mark M.
Mark M.

"Great freelance accounting tool"

What do you like best?

Ease of use on the web portal and great invoicing and bookkeeping setup.

What do you dislike?

Lack of functionality on the mobile app for using the service whilst away from the desk.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool for managing projects and invoicing completed jobs. The understanding of the workflow is critical in my game and Paymo helps me to manage various concurrent projects with ease. I also appreciate the ability to be able to ser definitions against different employees at my various clients as it makes collaboration a lot easier.

Hour tracking is a great tool and it makes managing my projects a lot smoother.

Paymo review by Kaitlin B.
Kaitlin B.

"Helpful tool for Billing Hours and Tracking Time"

What do you like best?

The ease of use of this software compared to others I have used to track time is incredible. We have also loved the use of the gant chart for projects and completing portions of those projects.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were a way to categorize projects into a few, main categories when you're typing in to track your time, so that they could pop up easier when you have a bunch with similar words populating.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This software is much less primitive-looking than others I have seen in the past. They are more technology-forward too!

We are able to bill true time spent on events and tradeshows besides just the physical costs of good we send to shows.

Paymo review by Kirsten H.
Kirsten H.

"Paymo is the perfect well rounded tool!"

What do you like best?

We have just started using Paymo at our office. I love the ability to keep track of invoices and billing within one very easy to use program. So far this is taking the cake for our favorite tracking app we have used and tried out. We are in talks about getting more of our clients on board to try this. I love that it doesn't take a long time to enter in all the information we need. The support for this app is the best. They are very helpful and quick to figure things out for you if you have a question.

What do you dislike?

A lot of our employees haven't learned how to use the software properly, making them not want to use it. No custom branding. You also can not customize your dashboard to your preferences. It costs more to add more users to the program instead of a set amount. Monthly, it's worth it though. It would help to have communication within the app to know who is working on what for the day. Possibly having multiple people working on the same app can cause wasted time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

$20 a month for something as easy to use as this, is well worth it. Keep in mind you need to enter all your invoices so that can be time consuming but well worth it in the end.

We are keeping track of recurring expenses, billing, invoices, project and our clients. It has helped us keep things organized, and easy for us to access. We love being able to have our tasks all in one place, and being able to keep track on the go.

Paymo review by Jesse S.
Jesse S.

"From Toggl to Paymo"

What do you like best?

I love being able to create multiple tasks for specific projects for multiple clients. Time can be tracked along with comments, discussions, milestones and file attachments. Light project management plus time tracking and reports = win win win!

What do you dislike?

The only downside to Paymo so far is the inability to track time on multiple tasks at once. So far though, this is a standard "problem" with most time tracking apps.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely give it a try. Their support is excellent.

I needed a place to track time and a small amount of project management. Paymo combines both. I no longer have to pay for two separate apps to get both. I can go back in time for any project and see what we were working on, all our comments and discussions and how much time was utilized.

Paymo review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"Used to be good then they destroyed it with stupid pricing. Sole Traders Avoid"

What do you like best?

The software in its entirety is easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Paymo decided to change the pricing structure meaning small companies now have to pay for 3 use licenses to get any meaningful features.

On the accounting there should be a way to only bill the client once a month for multiple complete projects. It will also be good to have a prepaid option.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a large scale company great. If you are a one man bad or have 2 people its will now charge you extra.

Paymo used to be a great bit of software as it was an all in one. This being said they decided to change the pricing meaning as a sole trader to make the software of any use ie with accounting you now have to pay for 3 user licenses. They do offer a reduced version for single users however this only allows task management to which there are plenty of free software

Paymo review by Teresa G.
Teresa G.

"Nice range of capabilities at an affordable price"

What do you like best?

I like that it has automatic time tracking available as well as the stopwatch tool. The other features are pretty robust - project and task management, time reports, invoicing, clients, etc. The pricing is reasonable, although it appears that I'm on an old pricing plan and that it's a bit higher now for the management features without invoicing. My plan gives me one invoice per month at no additional charge.

What do you dislike?

The automatic time tracking app isn't super-accurate, but it does help to have it. On pricing I wish there was an option of getting up to, say, five invoices for an additional $5 or so rather than having to jump to $10 for unlimited, which I don't need. It's still a pretty reasonable price, though.

Time saving thanks to time tracking; easy invoicing; easy to calculate time/pay from time reports even if you don't have invoicing capability.

Paymo review by Adam N.
Adam N.

"Paymo - Competitive Pricing / Packed with Features"

What do you like best?

For my line of work the desktop app, which precisely tracks time entries, and allows me to easy filter and allocate the results, ranks #1. After that, I really like the invoicing and CRM portions of the online site. It's quite amazing, and I was using Chrometa before Paymo, and I'm much happier with Paymo for what I do.

The User Interface at Paymo, seems really well thought out. It works fast over the internet, and I don't spend a lot of time hunting down functions. The support staff is quick to reply if I ever get stuck, and they do so right through the main interface, so I don't have to hunt down replies either!

What do you dislike?

There's not much to dislike about Paymo. From the customer support to the myriad features Paymo, ranks #1 in my book. One thing, I'd like to see is and extra level of reporting to impress clients with the amount of work that gets done, like lists and charts that show just how much work you accomplished. Right now the invoices are just simple clean corporate invoices, which works just fine.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it if you need advanced billing and time-tracking software.

When you're juggling over a dozen projects, you don't need any extra distractions. Paymo is almost like having a bookkeeper watching over your shoulder. You can easily create filters, and if you name your files with your project tag, then you can easily take care of billing in a short time whenever you like. That keeps you focused on work.

Paymo review by Michael S.
Michael S.

"Paymo is a great service for Graphic Designers"

What do you like best?

Paymo is a great online service that easily tracks the time I spend on each project.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. I just really like the service.

One thing that I would add as an optional option is screen shot progress. Maybe every 5 minutes while working on a project, the application could take a screen shot of the project progress. That would give customers that want to see how much time it takes to complete the project a great visual representation of my design process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are in the creative industry and you need to track time on projects, I think Paymo is the service you are looking for. It is a great price, only $5.00 per month and it manages all my design projects and tracks all the time with ease. If you are unsure about Paymo they have a free version which allows you to have two open projects at once. This is especially great if you are just starting out as a freelancer and are not too busy. Once you outgrow the free version, you will likely want to upgrade to the paid version as there are no limitations in regards to the number of projects you can have open.

Before Paymo, we used to track our projects manually and it was not as accurate and customers had to believe that is how much time the project took to complete. Now, I can easily go on my Paymo account and show them my online timesheet.

Paymo review by Inti M.
Inti M.

"Best online tool for tracking project time!"

What do you like best?

I love it even from its beta version! The fact that you can track multiple projects and clients, and the well-designed interface that lets you focus on just what you are doing at that time. If you are on a tight budget to spend on administration and accounting for your business, then this tool offers a great help for start-ups.

I use it also to track my total hours annually, as the revenue services in my country requires this information.

The team is also very friendly and this gives Paymo a personal human touch.

What do you dislike?

I would like to suggest to raise the minimum of the free project to 5 instead of 3.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it!

projects, project activities and clients are part of what I need to track. I also use it sometimes to plan my day if it is very busy. It is easy to give myself time slots to finish certain tasks.

Also my annual report on projects and time.

Paymo review by Kenneth O.
Kenneth O.

"I really enjoy using Paymo"

What do you like best?

The user friendly interface is one thing that stands out to me. They make it look visually attractive and simple for anyone. I also enjoy the dashboard very much. Invoicing is also very easy and helps breakdown the tasks from the project, which my clients enjoy.

What do you dislike?

I feel there could be more features added to the dashboard but overall the concept is great. Looking forward to more additions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would at least try it. Really easy to use and worth the money. Since I do freelance on the side, this was perfect for me. While I worked at a Web Marketing Agency, I highly recommended we use paymo compared to what we were using. After a few weeks, we made the transition over to paymo.

Invoices were a big decision factor in going with paymo. They're invoicing system is awesome. I am able to focus my time on something else.

Paymo review by Andrew P.
Andrew P.

"Timesheets for Remote workers"

What do you like best?

We run documentation projects for a number of clients with staff members sometimes working remotely. The ability for a team member to click an app on their desktop and record (to the second) the work they do on a client's project is invaluable.

Personally, as a team member, I like the fact that I can do a little bit of work at any time of the day or night, record it and get accurately paid.

What do you dislike?

Not much to be honest. It would be nice if there were a way to sort and group reporting. Otherwise this is an excellent piece of software that's been well thought out and does what it says on the tin.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you set up accurate task and project descriptors.

Tracking the time expended by a staff members spread out over a significant geographic distance. It's also useful to provide washback into the marketing/sales/estimating function as since implementing paymo and tracking our data, our estimates have become much more accurate.

Paymo review by Manon B.
Manon B.

"Great experience, amazing support"

What do you like best?

I like the usage, the price, and the support.

I think the support of Paymo is one of the best I have ever experimented. Always polite and reachable in a short time. I also like the fact that there is often updates which improve the experience a lot every time.

I also like that there is a small tutorial after each updates to understand the new features. It's really helpful.

What do you dislike?

I would like to reorganise the dashboard better and be able to remove some elements from the dashboard (maybe we can do it already but I don't know how).

It would be great to be able to choose to track the time not exactly but like an approximative time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Paymo is a platform really easy to use. I recommend Paymo for the time tracking and the project management. Furthermore, the support is really reactive and helpful.

Paymo is really useful to track my time. I use it mostly for that with the "timer" app always on my computer.

Paymo review by Matt S.
Matt S.

"Great app with mobile and desktop version to boot"

What do you like best?

The best features of Paymo is the easy user interface and included time sheet where I can easily sort, with a calendar style view, all my time for the day, week, month or year and super easily edit or add time entries. The Paymo tool never has issues, is always up and works very fast even with slow net connections.

What do you dislike?

One feature I dislike is, it is rather difficult to take time reports and simply convert them into estimates or convert time reports into invoices. Both of these functions could use come love. Sometimes the Android app takes forever to update projects and tasks but still works well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check out this great app for mobile or desktop time tracking.

I primarily use Paymo to manage all my freelance and consulting time tracking - it's a great asset on my laptop and tablet. Biggest benefits of this tool include the time reports!

Paymo review by Shawn R.
Shawn R.

"I rely on Paymo for myself and my employees/associates"

What do you like best?

I am a consultant / technologist and almost all of my billing, and that of my employees & associates, is calculated by the hour. For many years, we used a manually-tracked method that was highly unreliable and inconvenient to use, and I estimated that we lost approximately 10%-15% of billable time due to poor record-keeping. I began using Paymo in 2010 and have relied on it ever since. One of the best features is the ability to track my projects in detail using the task breakdowns and the detailed reporting that becomes available as a result. By using this consistently for the past several years on a variety of projects, it has allowed me to become far more accurate at estimating what a new project will entail, and which parts of the project will require more attention.

What do you dislike?

I have some confusion with regard to managing the display of the dashboard information, but this is a minor issue and is likely to be resolved with a little research into the tutorials.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are not currently using a time-tracking system that allows you to create a customized work breakdown structure, the Paymo system will allow you to very quickly implement a structure, and it easily adapts as you learn how to use it for your own business rules.

I've been able to resolve my primary issue, which was putting a great deal of work into projects which was then not billed for. I'm now very clear on the status of my projects all the way through, and that allows me to make adjustments to ensure that I remain within budget while still being adequately compensated for my work.

Paymo review by Wardell P.
Wardell P.

"The absolute best tool for client time-tracking for the money!"

What do you like best?

I've been using Paymo for many years and I find that it is excellent at easily keeping track of client hours used and preparing reports of those hours to share with the client. We need a thin and light tool to manage a variety of clients and this tool does that extremely well. I am able to share the project status live, or kick out a PDF, which is perfect.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I don't like is due to the fact that I have contracts that are essentially the same, and each month just need the date of service changed, I'd love a way to copy a project and go in and minimally edit the DOS.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Any company of any size interested in a simple, thin client, time/project tracking system should definitely give this a try. There are bigger solutions, solutions designed to connect with or be your accounting software, I don't think Paymo does that, but it is the best time-tracker I have seen in the last half decade.

The main business problem is, how to track a variety of workers across several projects and stay on top of their hours and report them to my clients.

The benefit of Paymo is that it does exactly that, and is a reliable way to load-balance who is doing what by a quick look at the dashbord.

Paymo review by Josh S.
Josh S.

"Useful tracking service for hours"

What do you like best?

Paymo offers an intuitive service for tracking hours employees work. I have largely used Paymo as an employee, so I have spent most of my time logging hours on the website. You can track hours as you go by inputting hours directly or starting a timer that you stop when you have stopped working on that task.

What do you dislike?

The mobile app is not as easy to use or intuitive as the desktop site. I almost entirely use the website from my laptop instead, though I do have the app on my phone. I have rarely used the app because it is much easier to use the website outright.

I believe Paymo is used to track hours and maintain a record for payroll as well as simply to track the time employees spend on each task they are assigned. It offers a way for people to determine if someone is working too slowly on some areas of her/his job or if she or he is claiming more hours than seems reasonable. This is an area of Paymo I am, however, less familiar with as I mainly only track my own hours.

Paymo review by Emma R.
Emma R.

"Switch to Paymo"

What do you like best?

Paymo is a very easy to use platform for time keeping services. It's user friendly, can be accessed from a smart phone when necessary, the ability to customize the time keeping reports are great. And the ability for the users to add notes to the tasks are even better. We are currently using this program for household staff time keeping and are looking to transition our business employees over to the program next.

What do you dislike?

It would be great if they had a app for the smartphones. We worked around that by bookmarking the web address to the smart phones directly, but an app seems like the next logical step. Or maybe they have one and I just haven't found it yet.

Time keeping for employees that are not all located in the same place. We need to recognize employees time while off premises running errands. And at times those errands are finished away from our business, this program allows users to track time without being tied to a time clock. Remote access was key for us.

Paymo review by Chad F.
Chad F.

"Time management and tracking at it's best"

What do you like best?

The power and integration of both the web site, the app and the dashboard widget are far superior to other products I have used. I have been using Paymo for nearly 5 years now and it truly is an asset to my freelance work

What do you dislike?

There is a lot to use so at times the location of the element I want to adjust or review is hard to find. The interface online may be a bit cumbersome to a new user to navigate as the wayfinding is a bit off. Overall however the site is good.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Set up a user account and give it a 30 day trial with one client. what have you to loose? After you have gotten used to the interface, try 3 clients. Slowly you will find your habits are natural here in Paymo and less need for bouncing around in other programs.

Tme management and invoicing mostly. The ability to quickly create time sheets with as much LOD as needed for clients is a super plus.

Paymo review by Danielle D.
Danielle D.

"A fantastic project management resource for small businesses!"

What do you like best?

I was attracted to Paymo because it's web-based, so I don't have to worry about working on-site at a location where I can't bring my business laptop, and has a user-friendly UI. It's turned out to be a massively helpful resource that I use to manage and organize all of my consulting contracts. Additionally the Kanban board option for prioritizing and managing tasks is one of my favorite new features--I use it (literally) every day.

What do you dislike?

Since I started using Paymo when it was free, I was less happy when they began charging for it, but given the site upgrades they've been pushing out, I understand and respect the apparent need for it. I only use about half the features on a regular basis, since I'm a REALLY small business, so it was annoying that my left navigation bar was always junked up with features I didn't utilize. However, now that the site supports a "grooming" of the nav bar so I can add or remove from viewing the things I want/don't want, I'm happier with it.

This site solve my issues with project and task organization and accurately tracking my time. Once I started getting contracts on a regular basis and began working multiple companies' projects in one day, I really needed something to make it easy for me to switch from tracking time on one project to tracking time on another.

Paymo review by Neal B.
Neal B.

"We've been with the rest but, for us, Paymo is simply the best management tool for the money. "

What do you like best?

We've been with Paymo for almost seven years and it has continued to evolve around our business needs. From project tracking to payroll to time management to invoicing and estimating, Paymo is a one stop shop for us in terms of understanding what's happening within our business at a glance.

In the beginning we had our own, internally developed, CMS platform and leaned on Paymo's time-tracking to keep tabs on our contractors and to understand our job costs. With every upgrade, Paymo would add new services and functionality that helped us replace our own platform and open up resources to focus on other tech.

Personally, I like the ability to still track time on my phone or in a big lump of collected hours (using the Paymo widget). When I'm working at events, it's so much easier to pull all hours straight out of a log to fill out timesheets.

What do you dislike?

The one thing that I'm desperately needing from Paymo is the ability to add new projects from the phone/tablet app. When I'm in meetings with a client, I'd like to add any job we are talking about so that our PMs can create the job, build an estimate, and have an email sent out for approval by the time I leave their office. Right now, I have to wait until I'm back to a laptop where I have to capture everything we've talked about from notes or memory. Then it has to be passed over to a PM for entry as a job and over to accounting for an estimate to be created which makes what should be a 30 minute turnaround into a 24 hour process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I believe that they are. We had some doubts in 2013-2014 when the software (and logo) sat idle for several cycles. Since then they have really been moving forward with retina-enabled widgets, enhanced reporting capabilities, and a renewed focus on their branding (which is always a good sign for a design agency).

As mentioned, we had our own internal CMS platform that needed updates and maintenance on a regular basis. Now we have all the services we need, across multiple business units, all at a reduction in costs.

Paymo has allowed us to keep new projects coming in while artists and designers focus on their creative endeavors instead of filling our paperwork. Our accounts payable/receivable love it because they now have a warehouse of all projects that they can export for recaps, quarterly reports, and collaborating with our CPA.

Paymo review by Chris F.
Chris F.

"Fast & accurate modern way of timekeeping for any contractor / freelancer"

What do you like best?

The desktop app makes paymo easy to use across multiple computers and makes time keeping for multiple projects very easy to do.

I like how I can easily add up all my time on a project which allows me to better estimate my pricing for future projects and clients, speeding up my proposal process.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, there is not very much to dislike...

I could say I wish it was free or cheaper but knowing that someone is working just like I am on something they enjoy that provides a service for others would be an insult to myself.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For a measly $4.95 /mo Paymo ensures that I never have to worry about my HDD failing or my notebook being stolen and losing all my timekeeping for my clients in the middle of a project. The desktop app makes it even quicker as you do not have to open a web browser in order to log in and start working.

I can easily track time for small tasks which I never would have before since I was previously using pencil and paper for the most part to record my hours.

With the desktop app its easy to make a new task and better forecast my time and therefore cost for my clients.

I have realized how to utilize my time as a small business owner as well as my clients time more effectively.

Paymo review by Mirella G.
Mirella G.

"The most complete and reliable software. I attest."

What do you like best?

The time tracker makes me to not be aware of it all time. Only once a week or even once a month to sort all my timings. I love it.

Definitely it makes my life easier and it makes me to be more realistic about my time.

>>> I hate "play - stop" timers. Wich is the system that all this kind of softwares have. I always forget: start-stop them.

Is the best software for people who works with a lot of projects at the same time

Because you don't need to start and stop it all time.

What do you dislike?

I started using it because it was "almost-free" It was very easy to try it and start with it.

I bought it, but now I see it is more expensive.

Also the invoices are not included.

Anyway the invoices system are not nice, I mean the invoices that you can use it there.

I don't like the price.

Recommendations to others considering the product

- It's the best timing option

- The best for people who has a lot of different clients

- The best for people who works with a lot of projects at the same time

It solve my timings and now I am more organized with my clients.

Also it makes that my charges per projects are more certain.

On the other hand I collaborate with more people and is easier to know how long each person works en each project, and then makes the money sharing.

Paymo review by Mike S.
Mike S.

"I've tried them all and Paymo is the best."

What do you like best?

I went through an internet search of "project management software" and tried out at least 20 different leading products. I came on Paymo as one of my final trial runs - and i immediately bought a full subscription after using it for a few minutes. It combines all the functionality that you need into one piece of software; time tracking, reporting, project/client management, invoicing and reporting, and more.

What do you dislike?

The only downside is that you can't share a project with someone outside of your company. So if your colleague has their own paymo account, you cant work on a project across accounts - one person has to sign up as a user for the other account. Not a huge deal but would be helpful sometimes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just try a few different tools out, and you'll see how well Paymo handles everything-in-one compared to the rest.

Instead of using 3 different tools for time tracking/management, and invoicing, i can just use Paymo. It has made my freelance contracting life 100x easier, no question.

Paymo review by Cortney M.
Cortney M.

"Easy to use and highly effective "

What do you like best?

The dashboard is easy and simple to navigate. The level of detail and depth that the users are able to assign in each project is amazing. With this program, we have been able to become completely paperless without any interruption to the high quality of service our customers have come to expect.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there are too many options within a task and it can get a little too complicated...if you let it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it!

We have been able to move our office to a paperless system using Paymo. In addition, assigning and keeping track of tasks for direct reports, is much smoother and requires less dialogue or follow-up, which can interrupt people's workflow.

Being able to manage and keep track of our time has been priceless. When discussing performance reviews with employees, it's hard for them to argue with reports and charts as opposed to their manager's opinion of how efficiently they're working.

Paymo review by Ahmet U.
Ahmet U.

"Beyond time monitoring this is the best tool to get more productive"

What do you like best?

I discovered Paymo about two years ago when I needed a tool to watch how much time I'am spending to my freelance projects.

As I am a journalist worked for Bloomberg Businessweek Turkey and some other major PC magazines I'm teached to dig deep to find the details. If you would make a search on Google about time monitoring and management tool you'll find tons of solutions but let me list the differences those makes Paymo the best one.

1- Paymo has a very user friendly interface. You don't need to spend lots of time to learn how to use it. Just start from the dashboard and continue with Clients, Projects, etc. You'll be able to start using it like you have been always using it.

2- Paymo has PC clients both for Windows and Mac OSX. Those clients monitors everything you have done and it's just two clicks away to assign those works with any projects or tasks.

3- Even if you are working on different projects or tasks at the same time it's really child game to monitor the time you are spending on those different things.

4- It's also really easy to add time that you don't spend on computer (like meetings, phone calls etc.) on your projects or tasks.

5- Managing invoices are easy. Reporting to clients what you have done and how much time you have spend on those tasks is awsome. My clients are really happy to see what they are paying in details even they are not asking such a report.

6- On PC clients you can create automatic rules. A very well time saving feature.

7- Support is great. You'll get an answer almost immediately from the Paymo team.

8- Even I haven't need any paid option (wow thats great) subscription prices are very affordable for freelancers.

9- It needs some discipline but you can watch a big teams work on computer with the support of IT guys. No more social media much more work on PC :)

What do you dislike?

Actually I don't have to many disliked things. The only biggest negative point is that the rules you are creating on PC clients are computer based and can be migrated between computers manually. I liked if it would be cloud based.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Any company should watch what Paymo is doing and how it's doing that. This is the key point to get answers from the customer perspective to understand what we need.

I can exactly monitor my time spendings on my projects. I am a freelance journalist and I am looking to many times to my social media accounts or checking my e-mails during my works. I can't assign those times to my clients. So they pay exactly for the time I have spend from them. Even seconds are considered.

On the other hand some of my clients pay for me for the tasks I finished. They do not interested in times that I spend to finish my works. For such clients I can watch my time spendings and improve myself to be more productive.

Paymo review by Tamas E.
Tamas E.

"Perfect for an artist"

What do you like best?

Seeing the overall period of time. How i spent the day and how the month goes.

With the downloaded app I can track my day without thinking about it.

It helped me to see when I've spent too much time with unimportant things (social media or inspiration)

With the desktop app every morning I just start the timer and ready to go :)

Later the day I can finetune the tracked time if something wasn't tracked properly. Its nice to see if I was away from the computer and I can decide if i like to count that time for a project or not.

What do you dislike?

Because of the local law I can't use Paymo invoicing, with that everything could be solved in one place. Sometimes I feel the navigation between the projects is not the best, when I like to add time later for a project I need to switch to the desktop app, but this is minor thing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it, you will love it :)

Interesting to see how a project is divided to the inspirational - sketch - production - and final changes states, I'm learning from it every time I'm finishing a project!

I realized I'm underestimating some projects and now I'm able to provide detailed statistics how different versions progressed and if clients should count with additional charge for the extra work I've made.

Paymo review by Cristian T.
Cristian T.

"I've been a Paymo user for about 5 years."

What do you like best?

As an Independent Design Consultant, keeping track of clients / tasks / hours and invoices is an essential part of my business — and Paymo makes it all super easy, saving me hours of work every week.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. The team at Paymo is doing a good job and the product has greatly evolved since I started using it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Paymo has helped me keep all my admin (client / invoices / payments) very organised with minima effort on my end. It literally saves me hours every week.

I work with a very diverse bunch of cilents ranging from the typical Shoreditch 2-3 person start-up to leading product companies and marketing agencies, and here's my list of the top Paymo features I use at different stages of a project.

New client / project

- Project budgeting + planning

- Project / task setup

Ongoing work

- Project / task management

- Time Reports (clients love the ability to see in real-time where we are budget-wise)

- Misc. client communication

Project / sprint comletion

- Invoicing (pulled from Time Reports)

Paymo review by Ellen Y K.
Ellen Y K.

"Naive user, pleased"

What do you like best?

Easy to track my time and keep track of multiple clients, tasks, etc. Intuitive and not a steep learning curve to use Paymo.

What do you dislike?

I wish for single users (freelancers with no subcontractors) that there was a free version that would also invoice. In order to track my time and also in order to generate invoices, I needed to pay for version.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are lots of time tracking software out there, so sign up for free trial evaluations and see what is most easy to use that suits your needs. I wish that I had realized before I started to use Paymo, though, that I'd need to pay for a version that would create invoices for me. I'd have probably gone with some other program that I didn't need to pay for, as I'm a freelance science editor, and don't make much money. I know that I can tax-deduct the monthly fee as a business expense, so I stuck with Paymo because I like how it works and I didn't want to have to try out another program.

This is the first time I've used time-tracking software, so I don't have anything to compare Paymo with.

When I edit documents, I lose track of time and probably underestimate the amount of time I spend. Paymo easily lets me track time spent, and track different projects and tag with what task I was working on.

Paymo review by Algimantas K.
Algimantas K.

"Very good software for project timetracking, but to simple for project management"

What do you like best?

1. Cloud based platform, no servers needed everything is on cloud, can be accessed from anywhere by any device. Software works very stable;

2. All data changes and updates appears instantly for all user, no loading time;

3. Useful and informative reporting and invoicing functions;

4. Fast technical support by developers;

5. Good price.

What do you dislike?

1. Development of software is slow by the developers, other similar software might overwhelm Paymo soon;

2. Hard to manage when having many projects;

3. Project management is too simple;

4. Too simple user permission options.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This software works very good for time tracking, but if you wish to have a nice project management tool, you should be investigating other software options.

Our team is working with wooden frame house projects. This software helps us track time used in each project fast and accurate. Makes time tracking and reporting very easy for us. For project management we use other software.

Paymo review by Rick G.
Rick G.

"Simple, Elegant, & Easy to Learn"

What do you like best?

I like the power and simplicity that it provides. As a freelance designer, I dislike having to spend time manually keeping track of my time. The "time clock" feature makes it easy to start and stop, while automatically updating the time sheets. The second feature that I am extremely happy with is the Invoice creation and tracking. You can quickly and accurately create an invoice based on the company you are working with and their specific project/tasks.

What do you dislike?

There is not much to dislike. The price point is excellent for the features provided. The only suggestion I would have for PAYMO is to add a GANTT chart view if possible. It would be great to see more project based controls. Another suggestion that I have is adding a "chat" option. It would be helpful to be able to quickly chat with customers/clients for quick answers to questions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This product is great for freelancers, designers, or other small business owners looking for a simple solution to track their time and projects.

Utilizing the time sheets and Invoice features have been extremely helpful and convenient. I am the sole employee of my business, so having the ability to quickly and accurately submit invoices and reports with little effort is valuable.

Paymo review by Kiria W.
Kiria W.

"Paymo is an incredibly easy to use time tracking/invoice management tool."

What do you like best?

I'm self-employed, and I primarily use Paymo for time tracking and managing my invoices - for which it's one of the simplest tools I've found. When I was searching around, I found other similar tools that either offered way more "in your face" functionality than I needed (such as tracking exactly which applications I spent every minute of a logged hour on), or that lacked specific features I was looking for (great invoicing tools, but no time tracking).

What do you dislike?

I honestly don't use many of the features included with Paymo, such as project management tools or anything related to teams, but I can't say I dislike them either (I just don't use them). It has the features I need, and they work as I want them to.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very easy to use, and extremely quick response on support questions. On a whim I've submitted feature requests and been responded to within a day.

I can easily track an entire week's worth of invoices across either multiple projects, or many individual tasks within a single, more complex project. I can easily reference these for manual invoices, or use Paymo's built in invoicing feature with them. Additionally, I can use their tracker from my browser (instead of the software) in the event that I'm working remotely or on my tablet.

Paymo review by Heather M.
Heather M.

"Great time tracker for people who work on multiple projects at once."

What do you like best?

I love that it's able to track time for each project I set up, it runs in the background and I don't have to think about how much time I worked on each project. For multiple projects, I'm able to simply click a button and it finds all instances of my projects - separating them out individually.

What do you dislike?

Not easy to see new time I've put into a project - it shows total time easily, but if I've already billed a certain amount, it's hard to find how much time is unbilled. The website and app also take some getting use to - it's not something you can easily jump into.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it some time to learn and understand how it works, and it will make your life way easier in the long run. I'm currently the only one using Paymo in the office, but when I enter in my time for each project, mine is the most accurate.

I'm able to track each project individually - even the times that I would normally forget to include. It's much easier now for me to report how much time I've spent on each of my projects, which is very vital for my job as a Graphic Designer with multiple projects happening at once.

Paymo review by Piet W.
Piet W.

"PayMo helps me to collect ny billable hours"

What do you like best?

Best about PayMo is the widget on my mobile phone and desktop. In a few clicks i make a note about my work-activities at a customersite or for a customer.

Further the dashboard gives me a good overview of my status in billable hours. New projects are created in a few clicks and seconds later i enter my first activities on a project.

I use the reportbuilder for an overview of my activities per customer per project and sent this together with my bill to my customers. They appreciate this very much.

What do you dislike?

Some of my activities are spread over a working day. An hour in the morning, another 30 minutes in the morning and 2 hours in the afternoon. It would be helpfull if i could put these activities in the desktop-widget as 3,5 hours in 1 note, instead of making 3 seperate notes for each activity.

Recommendations to others considering the product

PayMo fullfilled my wishes for timetracking, increasing my income by registring billable hours at customer sites.

I'm a IT consultant. I earn my money as an IT-consultant and work and support my for customers. Every time a customer calls or when i work for a customer i register the activity in PayMo. In the past i often forgot some of the activiteies i did for a customer during a day. This off course means that i dis not bil to the customer. By using Paymo i register every activity and that helps my bill all my activities resulting in better results for my and my company.

Paymo review by Michael B.
Michael B.

"Awesome time management and invoicing software for Freelancers"

What do you like best?

Paymo is very straightforward and easy to get started with. I use the time tracking tools for all of my work, and the invoicing feature makes it really easy to get paid, track invoice status, and accept online payments. I've discontinued receiving paper checks from customers!

What do you dislike?

My only gripe with Paymo is that I wish there were more plan options - especially around invoicing. I don't always send a ton of invoices every month and don't like having to pay for "unlimited invoices" when it's not worth it every month. As it is though Paymo makes it relatively easy to work around this and still save money.

I've significantly reduced the time and effort I put into customer managing customer accounts - now I can spend that time on the customers projects instead! Whenever I get a new customer I enter in all of their information, and start setup the project and time tracking software. It takes 10 minutes to setup the whole project and then I can get right on working. This also makes billing really easy.

Paymo review by Kylie Jackson B.
Kylie Jackson B.

"Great for Freelancing"

What do you like best?

Paymo makes it super easy to track time for each of my separate clients, separate it into tasks and stick to an hourly budget. I like the custom reports section, which lets me build up invoices easily by dividing hours by date, client and project. It's free, it's simple, and it works.

What do you dislike?

I haven't been able to figure out how adjust the monthly hours "budget," so on the dashboard it will show the percentage of hours worked that month, but it's meaningless, because I didn't set the number of monthly hours that should be worked. I have very few complaints - the software does its job.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are other free tracking softwares out there, but Paymo has the set of features that I needed. It also has the benefit of the paid option if I ever want to grow my business. Do your homework and find out what features you need; it is difficult to switch tracking software once you've committed to one, so make sure it works for you.

I am a freelancer and required to keep track of my own time and send invoices accordingly. I am also on a small overhead budget. So the Paymo software works perfectly to solve all of my tracking needs, and I'm able to separate hours out by project which is perfect for invoices. I have been complimented more than once on the accuracy and honesty of my tracking and I attribute some of that to using Paymo.

Paymo review by Nikki K.
Nikki K.

"I've been using Paymo for years and it's everything I need :)"

What do you like best?

Even without the extra add ons, Paymo has most everything that one would need for a time tracking software. I have MANY concurrent projects, and many more I've assigned to different members of my team. The ability to allow selected users specific access to the projects and still be able to oversee all of them as well of my own is invaluable. It prevents them from getting overwhelmed with projects that they aren't involved in and keeps everything in one place.

What do you dislike?

Once in a while, the web interface will become a little flaky and lose the ability to filter out inactive projects, which gets to be a big problem when I have 1000 projects to sort through. One person on my team reports that the widget doesn't work well with Windows 10, but we have other people here on Windows 10 machines without issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have tested out several other time tracking and project management software solutions and have found Paymo to be the most comprehensive, with the least amount of learning curve, and for the most economical cost. Since there are add-on features, you don't have to pay for what you're not going to use (invoicing etc) and it's very straightforward to use.

Paymo is definitely helping with project organization, especially when it comes to multiple employees assigned to various, and sometimes shared, projects. I can be in the loop as to where they are at, timewise, without having to ask all of the time, and they have all of the project info that they need right at hand.

Paymo review by Jillyn D.
Jillyn D.

"Paymo is a great tool!"

What do you like best?

The interface is really great. The dashboard gives you a quick view of everything you need to know, and you can configure it the way you want, which is a nice touch. I also like how easy it is to navigate all the different areas of the tool.

What do you dislike?

The export feature is the only thing that I can say is truly terrible about this tool. It's a great way to raise switching costs. However, it also substantially increases the risk of using the tool, because any information in Paymo will likely have to be re-entered manually into whatever tool you're switching to. I hate feeling like my business data is being held hostage.

I also wish there were more integration available for accounting software. Helpdesk features and workflows would be a really nice touch as well.

The biggest impact to my business has been with invoicing. Because Paymo automatically reminds clients about their overdue invoices (also configurable), my invoices are paid faster, and I have far fewer outstanding payments at the end of each billing cycle. The time keeping aspect is also incredibly helpful, and the fact that I can track time from my desktop or phone and then bill the time directly to the client is incredibly useful and convenient.

Paymo review by Kristin U.
Kristin U.

"My Go-To for Managing my Business!"

What do you like best?

The software is so simple to use! I was able to create an account and figure things out very quickly. I really like that they have a clean design, and that my projects are color coded in graphs and charts. As a virtual assistant, I juggle several clients and projects at a time and this software helps me to see the big picture of my time and earnings as I go. I'm still finding useful little features and pieces as updates roll out and I've seen Paymo up their game time and again since I've started using them - this makes me confident that they take the needs of their users into consideration and seek to better what they offer.

What do you dislike?

I'd prefer it if the invoicing was included beyond one invoice and not an add-on option, but I really like the price point I'm paying without it for now, so I'm ultimately okay with not experiencing the full features of the accounting options. I just adjust and only store one invoice, as included with my plan, and can make another if I delete the stored one (with the others backed up on my computer).

I did have some issues in the past with the time tracker not working for me via the phone app. I'm almost always working from my laptop, so it never caused me any serious trouble. And in Paymo's defense, I never took the time to reach out about fixing it either. Just kept using my desktop instead! The issues I was having don't seem to be issues at all anymore, either. The app's working well for me now! (And it's just as clean and pretty as the desktop version.)

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're considering Paymo, I'd highly recommend trying it out! The software is easy to use and does everything I need it to.

At the beginning of my business, I was tracking my time and then manually creating invoices. With Paymo, I can easily create an invoice in the software from the time tracked that month and export it as a PDF to send to my clients. Saves me a TON of time that I was spending in manually creating invoices at the start of my business!

I'm able to easily see things like the number of hours I've worked that month and last, which is helpful in motivating me to adjust as need be - whether seeking out more work or slowing down to get some rest. The overviews of my work, earnings, and projects have really helped me to plan better in my business.

Paymo review by Kenneth D.
Kenneth D.

"The perfect time and invoicing tool for any startup business"

What do you like best?

There are so many features I like about Paymo it is hard to pick only one that I like best! But since I'm asked to pick one I will go with the Android addon Application that allows me to instantly start and end tasks from anywhere my cell phone has access. Since I'm constantly starting and stopping tasks from random places it is a great tool to keep track of all my time.

What do you dislike?

I'd like to have some type of feature that could print out accounting reports for end of year taxes. More features built towards tax reports would be wonderful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a way to track your time on projects you must try Paymo. You can create projects and tasks instantly and each task can have a unique note connected to each time entry. I have never had an issue tracking my tasks and projects with pin point accuracy.

I'm a web software developer servicing the Mining, Auto Motive and retail industries for over 20 years. Once I started using Paymo consistently I started seeing trends in my work flow never known before.

Paymo helps me show clients what amount of time goes into each project and task. Many times people will ask where time was spent and because of Paymo I'm able to give them detailed reports on exactly where my time went. I feel having these types of reports instantly builds confidence in my clients towards my organisation.

Paymo review by Felisha M.
Felisha M.

"I love Paymo!"

What do you like best?

I like that I can export my timesheets as a pdf more than anything. This was an important feature for me in a time tracking service since I work remotely.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that I can't change the task I'm working on while I have a timer running and that it seems like if I have two tasks overlapping, it counts the overlapping time twice.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to go through and set up your tasks in the progress board.

I'm the only employee in my company who works remotely so Paymo is how I keep track of my hours. I love the new progress board view for my tasks. Now I can sort them into the categories that make sense for me. I have quite a few tasks that are continuously ongoing so they never really get marked as "finished" but they're not backlogged or overdue either so the new view really helps me get those tasks into the right place.

Paymo review by Coniqua A.
Coniqua A.

"Makes invoking a breeze"

What do you like best?

I am an independent consultant, and I bill hourly. Using Paymo to track my time, expenses and generate invoices is simple and efficient.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice to do more than one invoice a month for the basic level. I'm working full-time for a single-client so I send them invoices bi-weekly. I don't use it at the volume where I really want to pay extra just to send one more invoice a month.

If my computer freezes or crashes, I'm at a loss for how many hours I've put in. It would be nice to include some automatic saving mechanism so that if that happens it's not a scramble to figure out how long you've worked.

Since I do generate one invoice monthly manually (see above). I see how long it can actually take. Thankfully even, when I do manually generate that invoice I rely on the time tracking and reports from Paymo. I can see how much time and effort it saves me. It allows me to be sure that I'm not over or under billing, and makes the "business" aspects of working for myself easy, so that I can concentrate on actual paid work instead of logistics.

I'm probably only using a 10th of the features and so far it's definitely worth the money.

Paymo review by Daniel S.
Daniel S.

"Great on-boarding and very responsive"

What do you like best?

Paymo has been on my radar for a while, but I've only been actively using it in the last 2 months. During that time, I've had quite a few questions on how to set up my projects, especially with regards to offering discounted rates to my nonprofit clients; each time, the Paymo team has been exceptional both in the speed of their response and in their assistance. If you're looking for a supportive, engaged group, then this is it.

What do you dislike?

Currently you can't set rates by Clients, but only by User/Employee, Your Company, or a Project rate; this is problematic if you do the same type of work with multiple clients, but charge them based on their type of business or a scaled budget. I've suggested that they look into adding a Client rate or a way to have a standing discount for certain projects. They seemed to take the suggestions well and I wouldn't be surprised if they figure out something even better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When giving it a trial, make reminders to yourself (like on the fridge, coffee maker, monitor, etc) to use the mobile tracking apps. I'm finding that's the hardest part: remembering to tell it 'hey, track this part to these folk', but that's my own habit to build. Not to imply that their automatic systems aren't great; it's just you need both to be best at it, I think.

My business provides coaching and tutoring services to those new in Marketing and Leadership roles, mainly within the nonprofit arts/culture and tourism industries. My projects always vary by client-need, as do some of my rates. My workday frequently hops from one project to another as clients respond/need help; Paymo is helping me to track things, especially the quick '2 min during my break' projects between longer project sessions.

Paymo review by Lacey P.
Lacey P.

"Intuitive and robust!"

What do you like best?

I like the professional-looking invoices that I can create, and the many options for reporting that Paymo offers. I'm a one-woman show, so I don't make heavy use of the project management features, but as my consulting grows, I'm looking forward to using Paymo to manage subcontractors and their time without having to change platforms.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were a way to run reports on payments. I know Paymo isn't accounting software, but it would be nice to have an internal option to check invoices against my other records. I also wish I could assign a pay rate to a client in the "Clients" section so I don't have to enter that anew with each new project.

I started using Paymo to track hours and create invoices, but now I also use it to keep a record of projects and clients. I like the Dashboard that shows outstanding invoices, percentage of working time spent on projects, etc. -- it gives me an easy way to check in on my business.

Paymo review by Jason S.
Jason S.

"Employee of company that uses Paymo for time tracking"

What do you like best?

The UX of Paymo is fantastic. I am particularly a fan of the menu-based navigation. The left hand sidebar loading a full list of the menu selection is a very effective way to navigate the system. In general though, it's very easy to find what I am looking for and to create reports.

What do you dislike?

The desktop app is seriously lacking. Even the recent updates don't completely correct the issues of tracking time from the desktop. I would love if Paymo could introduce something that is more akin to the timer functionality on Web. Simpler and easier to use. It would also be cool if Paymo integrated something like a Pomodoro timer. That could prompt users to make certain they are tracking their time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Paymo is a simple and elegant time tracking solution that has all the features you need. Products offering more are simply bloated. Paymo strikes that perfect happy medium between features and minimalism.

Paymo makes it easy for my company to transparently track billable hours on projects. It's super easy to create informative reports. It's also pretty easy to manage projects at a task level. I can always peek in on how hours are being used to ensure that we don't over or underbill a client.

Paymo review by Michelle M.
Michelle M.

"Paymo is my favorite for team timekeeping"

What do you like best?

I love the desktop app for time tracking - it makes it easy to start timers for different tasks and even add tasks without having to open Paymo in browser. Another favorite is the project templates (I have ongoing clients, but I do a new project every month for time-tracking purposes. This lets me copy over recurring tasks from month to month) and budget options (project hours budgets and hourly rates are so flexible)! The hours reports are pretty great, too, though I wish they had some graph options.

What do you dislike?

The dashboard lacks options for apps/widgets that show more project management related things. I would like to see to-do lists or project budget snapshot as an option for the dashboard view, and maybe something that helps me keep an eye on my team, whether that's time tracked by different users or an activity feed. Currently all I can see on my dashboard is related to time-tracking, and I think that to compete with dedicated project management software, Paymo will need to add some dashboard apps that show the project management side of things.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it! Especially if you have time tracking needs!

Timekeeping for myself and team members across multiple clients and projects, keeping track of action items, to-do lists, and due dates. Staying within hours budgets, giving hours reports to clients, keeping track of items that I've delegated.

Paymo review by Colton B.
Colton B.

"Paymo provides an easy to use platform and has an excellent costumer service experience. "

What do you like best?

The layout of the web interface is intuitive. It allows me to get see the information that I want to see the most in a very organized way. The "You got paid today" emails are great. they are very easy to read and understand.

What do you dislike?

I wish that the timesheet tab was more customizable. I have to work under 70 hours every two weeks and its a bother trying to add up the hours I've worked everyday to make sure that I'm under that. If you could add a total hours needed to work tab, which would count down how many hours you have left to work and would split that time up over the remaining weekdays automatically, that would make my life, and the life of my coworkers much more easier.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a reliable, easy to use time tracking software, Paymo is the one to get.

We solve the problem of a bloated government. We take a look at new laws and policies and determine if they are actually beneficial or not. The benefits that we see if lawmakers making better laws.

Paymo review by Michal S.
Michal S.

"Awesome app"

What do you like best?

The ease of use and the great features. You can add time by hours or with the real hours that you worked. It can generate reports, tracking the time. The mobile app is also very easy to use. Overall, an amazing product.

What do you dislike?

Some GUI elements aren't intuitive. When entering time, I would expect the date to be automatically selected to be the current day (that's how it used to be). Also, the columns are adjustable which is great, but I would expect that the "line" that you move would be the one to move, but it's the width of the column to the left of "line" that is adjusted.

I would also like to see weekly time reports (not just overall)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Overall a great product. I haven't seen the product used by larger companies but if it's as easy to use as for a single individual, this is probably a great product.

Time tracking has always been an issue when working as a consultant. With the web and mobile app, time tracking has become very easy to do. The reports are also easy to use and provide a good way to keep track of the projects.

Paymo review by Philippe R.
Philippe R.

"Great product"

What do you like best?

The organization system (client/projet/task). It's an effective way organize my time and company. It's easy and fast to create new projects. Few competitors offer this kind of organization.

I love the fact that I can automatically add the time from my calendar.

It's easy to produce reports and I oftenly don't have to since most of the relevant info is already viewable in the project section.

What do you dislike?

The fact that I can't plan in advance. I'd love to see a planning feature that allows me to integrate future or active projects in my calendar without adding time to the invoice.

The fact that when I create a new task in the calendar, it's not automatically selected.

The fact that I can't break an invoice in many payments (50% at the beginning, or split in 2). I always have to create multiple invoices.

The fact that I can't merge items in the invoice. Ex: I've done a project (A) that, along the line have merged with an other project (B). When it's time to invoice, I'll have the 2 elements (A and B) on the invoice. If I delete the first one (A) and alter the second (B) to include the time of the first project (A), this project (A) will be marked as unbilled in my system. I can archive it, but it still has unbilled time.

I prefered the calendar before. Now, all the shade in a color are similar and hardly identifiable.

I'd love to be able to customize the info template of the invoice. I can customize the layout, but not the way the info is displayed (ex: Total Hours: 6 hrs 15 min compared to Total: 6H15).

Recommendations to others considering the product

You won't regret it!

Before I had to use excel to compile my hours and Indesign to create my invoice. I took me around 30mins to produce an invoice and calculate taxes. And I'm not talking about the filing system!

Using Paymo helped me to organized my business and make it more efficient.

Paymo review by Leila B.
Leila B.

"Fantastic Solution"

What do you like best?

The Paymo Plus app that is integrated with Paymo is life changing. Being able to see exactly how much time I spent crafting a specific email, or anything else is critical for accurate data analysis, pricing decisions, productivity improvements, etc. I also love the intuitive and simple interface, dynamic reports, customer support, and many other features

What do you dislike?

Nothing. The one thing that would be nice is if the specific tasks (e.g. emails, etc) from Paymo Plus carried over into the notes field of Paymo. Also, Paymo Plus has crashed and lost data a couple times. But Paymo itself has had 100% reliability and speed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Absolutely give it a try, and absolutely download and use the Paymo Plus app along with it

Knowing exactly how much time I'm spending in all areas, resulting in profitability from being able to price based on knowledge of how much time things take, as well as productivity improvements

Paymo review by Moritz H.
Moritz H.

"Paymo is a great way for small growing businesses"

What do you like best?

I like the time and project time possibilities. Also paymo makes a great way to write our bills.

Paymo is growing since we use it and new features are on the way a couple times a year

I like the Dashboard which gives me a couple of fancy numbers and a overview of all the bills and overdue invoices.

Support is written very very big here!

What do you dislike?

There are some minor things that could have work better - But hey for that price i really can live with this tinyting.

Examples:

- no chance for a "period" on the bill (which is needed where I am) so I use a line with 0 hours and 0€ for that information

- overall work-time-recording would be great -- we work with general-admin-projects instead

We are a digital marketing agency - working on three destinations.

therefore we use projects on a monthly base for every project.

this makes it great to see how much time is spend or undone at a project.

Paymo review by George G.
George G.

"This is a great software, with excellent support especially the for recording time related projects."

What do you like best?

The widget for recording ones time is worth all the money...helps manage invoicing for time related projects or manage time and cost allocation to check the profitability or accuracy of the quotes for fixed fee projects. Practically designed.

Ease of Use, intuitive, and constant improvement by the developers shows a team that cares and listens to its customer base.

What do you dislike?

The inability to move some of the tasks or projects which have been incorrectly allocated to the incorrect client.

Maybe i have not tried hard enough, but the invoicing structure could be improved or be more flexible but in fairness I have not given it the time to see if it meets my needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Although there was initial resistance to new software, once everyone has learnt to master it, everyone enjoys using it.

Time tracking and efficiently issuing invoices and timesheets at the end of each month

Keeping track of tasks, projects and the daily update of the team

Paymo review by Steve P.
Steve P.

"Best tool for recording time."

What do you like best?

Evolution. Paymo started as a good time recording system but has been progressively expanded into a very capable project management system. Frequency of update and new features is very impressive.

What do you dislike?

I still have to use a mouse / trackpad much more than I would like. I would really like to be able to run - at least the time recording side - purely with keyboard shortcuts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I haven't used it for full-on project management, but no other project management tools that I've seen have such a good integration with time recording. By coming at project management from a time recording focus Paymo are developing something very different, and very useful. If keeping track of time on projects is critical, then Paymo is a really good choice.

I run multiple projects for multiple clients across multiple businesses. I've been recording my time on a minute by minute basis for over 25 years and I can't imagine operating any other way.

Paymo review by Jay B.
Jay B.

"Tried them all (PM tools: Teamwork, Basecamp, Asana, etc) and PayMo is the winner!"

What do you like best?

time tracking, task management, invoicing, and time tracking all in a simple clean productive interface.

What do you dislike?

No TOTAL invoiced revenue for clients under the clients section. nor can I filter by client only. I have to visually find and total the invoices manually.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it! Nothing to lose and all to gain. They just updated their interface UI and the font size and general UX is much better but look forward to the what they do next! Killer price, so it's easy to say yes to Paymo. Or just demo them all but I believe you will circle quickly back to Paymo once you see the limitations of others and their drive to use 3rd party apps to even come try to come close to Paymo. Plus using multiple 3rd party apps to build functionality only complicates things for the end user and never seems to "integrate" correctly. Who want to use 3+ apps when Paymo has it all?!

Estimate time vs. production time. Learning if and when and how to avoid under and over billing.

Paymo review by Jeremy J.
Jeremy J.

"An amazingly easy to use. yet powerful, project management solution"

What do you like best?

I've tried free trials of most of the top online project management systems and I've found each one lacking. Many of them lack a full set of features and make the features they do have more difficult to use. Paymo has an easy to follow interface and makes everything super simple.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I would like to see is a more customizable front page and the ability to manage finances for my business so I wouldn't have to use so many other apps to run things.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Speaking as a Freelance Graphic Designer I would surely recommend Paymo to anyone looking for a solution for tracking time, organizing projects and invoicing to clients. You won't find a better, more easy to use product and the customer service is amazing. Anytime I've contacted the owners they get back to me within a very short time. And I must add that the monthly cost is very very reasonable compared to other options out there.

If I didn't have Paymo I would never keep all my projects and tasks straight. Before Paymo I was using a task management app along with a calendar app and invoicing app. I had a terrible time keeping everything straight. Using this has kept me so much more organized. And I've realized that it has helped me better realize and project my income.

Paymo review by Sofia M.
Sofia M.

"A really useful tool"

What do you like best?

I like that Paymo is super intuitive platform, and has everything that I need to managed my projects as a freelance graphic designer. The thing that brought me to Paymo was the timer, but it has so much more functionalities, like the reports, the statics, it allows me to see the real cost of time that a project is consuming. I just love the application

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that i dislike about paymo. Sometimes i got problems with the timer when my internet goes off for a couple of seconds, but that is not the application's problem but my internet vendor.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Even if you are a freelance designer or part of a company, paymo is an easy tool to understand who do you really distribute your time in your projects.

Time management

Calculate how much I spent working on a project base on an hour rate

Reports

Invoices

Paymo review by William V.
William V.

"The Fastest & Most Flexible Timesheet, Invoicing and Project Management System"

What do you like best?

Paymo is an extremely fast and intuitive web-based application. All of our engineers use Paymo on a daily basis to enter their time, etc... Despite being "in the way" of their actual duties (time sheet programs are always perceived as a burden to end users), Paymo's aesthetically pleasing user interface makes it a breeze for everyone to properly enter and record their tasks. Internal Project Managers are able to visualize progress and milestones easily thanks to Paymo's dashboarding functionality, some of which we can even share online with our clients.

Invoicing is a breeze as Paymo maintains it all: billable time, expenses, ...

What do you dislike?

We would like more granularity in the tasks creation and a better template management system

Recommendations to others considering the product

Paymo is an extremely easy to use and visually appealing system that can be implemented instantly.

Accurate time keeping and invoicing, flexible and customizable reporting and dashboarding, collaborative PM

Paymo review by LeShante H.
LeShante H.

"Paymo is Awesome for Small Businesses! Here's Why..."

What do you like best?

Paymo gives you OPTIONS! It's really been the best out of the 10+ apps we've tried, as it allows us to really manage our projects. We particularly chose Paymo for the Time-Tracking feature. Whether we're working on multiple clients, multiple pay-based projects, or just need to generate a time report....you can do all of this and more with Paymo! We're able to generate an invoice when needed and with Paypal, which whether a member of Paypal or not, our clients are able to pay without hassle.

What do you dislike?

Only one invoice per month without addon

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're unsure of the commitment, try others and be prepared to come back to where you started!

We're able to manage all of the details of our projects (inactive and active) and that helps in delivering our best work to the client, not having to worry about lost files, inaccurate time tracking, etc.

Paymo review by Skye H.
Skye H.

"Love, Love, Love Paymo.. makes running my business a breeze!"

What do you like best?

i love how easy it is to manage many aspects of my business from one powerful suite. The platform is easy to use and affordable. I couldn't run my business without it. I manages all of my time tracking for clients, sends my invoices while effortlessly pulling in my tracked time. Makes taking payments a breeze directly from my invoices. I also tracks expenses.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything that I have come across that I don't like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend Paymo to anyone looking for an easy to use all in one affordable platform. This does more than some of the higher priced platforms out there and it does it better. I recommend Paymo to my customers all of the time.

The benefits of this platform is the ability to manage several faucets of my business from one easy to use interface. I love it.

Paymo review by Administrator in Accounting
Administrator in Accounting

"Beginner's manager"

What do you like best?

The best in Paymo is graphics, simplicity of use, intuitiveness, very nice reporting.

What do you dislike?

I run an accounting office. We need Paymo to analyze working time on over 200 clients. Each employee has a customer assigned, and within the client has specific projects that have their tasks. Unfortunately, there is no possibility of collective management of projects, or tasks or clients. For example, you can not instantly assign 50 clients to the same project. There is also no possibility of collective ending tasks. Generally, Paymo is not prepared to manage massive repetitive projects.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would like to arrange a good reporting and keep track of progress in the implementation of my employees' tasks

Paymo is very useful for managing work time and budgeting employees in the context of working on the client. Thanks to Paymo, you can better value customer services, or at least know how much time they cost.

Paymo review by Kah Kheng K.
Kah Kheng K.

"No frills time-tracking solution"

What do you like best?

Simple, and easy to use. Setup is fast and allows implementation on small and big teams.

What do you dislike?

Can't think of any right now. Paymo has so far met all my needs and requirements.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Time tracking is essential for any service oriented businesses. Knowing how much time is spent by your team is important when understanding bottom lines and profitability. Paymo allows you to quickly setup your teams and get the reports you need.

We are a vendor with multiple clients and we needed to track time spent on specific clients to understand profitability. Paymo allows customization of time tracking from high-level overviews to very specific tasks. We realized that if time tracking solutions are to cumbersome, people won't use it. Paymo allowed us to simplify this to lowest denominator and have given virtually our team no reasons not to use it.

Paymo review by Veronica E.
Veronica E.

"Excellent time management tool "

What do you like best?

The level of organization for my projects and keeping track of how much time is spent has vastly changed the way (for the better) how my co-workers and myself are able to produce, and not only but see where our time is best spent but where we should make our next move. Well worth the $10 a month!

What do you dislike?

Personally, when I have too many tasks listed it can get a bit difficult to locate what I'm looking for, but that's on my end, not paymo's.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You wont regret it! Well worth it if you have multiple projects/clients

At the moment I have to separate my time between 5 different companies with multiple projects for each, while it can get confusing Paymo has helped tremendously by keeping me organized, on task, and able to see where my time is being spent efficiently.

Paymo review by Megan K.
Megan K.

"Awesome Project Management Tool!"

What do you like best?

Paymo has an easy to use interface and project setup. Being able to customize each project as needed for the budget and tasks is really easy to do and helps keep track where my time is spent.

Affordable and very straight forward project management tool that doesn't get in your way.

What do you dislike?

Would have liked to use the invoice option but as contract work, I have multiple projects for a couple of different companies and needed to bill them according to the entire time not just by the project. Zoho Invoice works better for this, allows me to turn on a timer for the day and then create invoices for selected time periods.

Tracking my time and knowing where it goes. Very helpful to know how much time you have for each project and helps you from going over budget.

Paymo review by Amy V.
Amy V.

"A complete project management suite"

What do you like best?

Paymo integrates all of the tools we use in a single workplace. From project estimates to invoicing, the whole workflow is there, giving us the complete picture of what's going on and who's responsible.

What do you dislike?

The user interface is clearly designed for large desktops and doesn't work especially well on smaller laptops. In general this isn't a problem, except for when we're on the road. Also, the Android app is poor.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You will still need to integrate Paymo with your accounting tools, but the reporting makes that easier.

We are a small creative consultancy that works both on retainer and project-based billing. Paymo gives us the ability to track billable hours across both sets of work using the same tools. The reporting gives us a great overview of where time is being spent and how much we can bill.

Paymo review by Lexi J.
Lexi J.

"Quick, Effective, Useful"

What do you like best?

I love the simplicity of this tool! I just have to select the project and task and the time will track until I stop it. I can add notes to my tasks to keep track of exactly what I'm doing. I also can go back and add time I forgot to track, like a meeting that came up for example.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that the iOS app doesn't sync with the desktop version to show I'm currently tracking a project. For example, sometimes I have a meeting before I even get to my desk, so I track that on my phone, when I get to my desktop, however, it doesn't show that I'm currently tracking. I have to wait until I stop the clock before it shows on the desktop.

We have been able to track exactly how long we are spending on each brand in our company and that helps us plan for future projects and budgets.

Paymo review by Arnold R.
Arnold R.

"The best project management software"

What do you like best?

I've been testing and using different platforms during the last years, including planbox, wrike, producteev, activecollab, asana and and others (some years ago I even build my own PM application). But Paymo absolutely stands out, it has a complete set of feature, much more cheaper than wrike and with an awesome support. The application is fast, intuitive, includes time tracking per task, and even a desktop application for unnatended time tracking. The only missing feature frmo my point of view is know what the other team member is working on! But you know what? Is easy to request new features to developers! they are always listening for suggestions! this is the best and most important piece of software for project management. PERIOD!

What do you dislike?

not able to see what other team members are currently working on, need improvements on activity stream, need better notification system

Recommendations to others considering the product

its a great software, if you need time tracking and tasks list this is the best alternative,

project management list of tasks to do during the day. Know how much value I'm apporting and how productive i'm

Paymo review by Imani B.
Imani B.

"Good and getting better."

What do you like best?

I love Paymo's time reports, which help our team to see exactly how many hours and resources are invested in each client project. The report's clean interface allows us to share with our clients, which is awesome for transparency.

I'm really impressed with the upgrades to reliability and user interface over the past months!

What do you dislike?

I wish there were more ways to sort projects - by client, for example. Our current workaround is to begin each project with the initials of the client, so that all client projects are grouped together.

I also hope that Paymo someday integrates with Google Drive.

I work on a 2-person team at a nonprofit fund consulting startup - we always have more clients than hands on deck. Paymo helps keep everything on track, even with multiple projects progressing simultaneously.

Paymo review by Lorelei F.
Lorelei F.

"App and Website offer amazing value!"

What do you like best?

Paymo helps make sure my estimates and billing are based on actual use of time. I love being able to pull reports for clients with online links so they can see the detail.

What do you dislike?

I would love to see Paymo send me reminders every hour when it's not tracking, because usually I've forgotten to track my work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Explore the invoicing feature to decide if it's helpful with costs that are incurred outside of time tracking. I found that the feature was expensive, when all I wanted was to keep track of screen shots of bills associated with projects, and invoice from my quickbooks software.

I feel more confident in my estimates and my pricing because I know I am tracking my time and billing with solid backup of how I spend the time.

Paymo review by Agency in Non-Profit Organization Management
Agency in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Helps me get things done without a hassle"

What do you like best?

The reason I picked Paymo against many other management systems was the ability to track work in an easy to be able to invoice hourly clients without counting and inputting numbers. It's really quick to then send off the invoices to clients and keep track of that process. The layout is also clean and intuitive which a lot of other project management apps lost for me when they preferred a masonry overwhelming type of system.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were more integrations with other software. I love the platform but it just does not connect to everything. I'm always looking for one app where I can do everything and Paymo would be that if it weren't for the fact that I can't easily track how much I will pay in taxes at the end of the year, forcing me to use other software so the accounting feature is not as useful and I would like it to me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Figure out what you really want from a system and if one key feature is time tracking and a clean system, choose Venmo. It came down to this and Asana and Paymo definitely won out due to feature as well as price point.

When I started working I did not have any platform to track my progress. I was looking specifically for a place to track my hours but with Paymo I was able to track down hours by subtask which I found very useful for pricing clients going forward.

Paymo review by S. Michael N.
S. Michael N.

"Everything we need with nothing we don't at the price we need it to be."

What do you like best?

The ability to customize, create templates, and easily modify and share projects. I love the fact that Paymo is constantly improving and is very responsive to our needs and wishes for improvements.

What do you dislike?

The inability to integrate easily with other apps. This is the single largest thing holding Paymo back. Luckily, they are responsive and show efforts to make integration more widespread.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look closely at what Paymo has to offer and take your time researching the competition. Each business needs are different. While Paymo may satisfy my current and foreseeable future needs, it may not cover yours.

I've solved my chaos. This project management solution has created a centralized area to create, schedule, and organize my projects, employees, and tasks. It's an all in one place solution with a budget pricetag.

Paymo review by Kristine N.
Kristine N.

"Great Time Tracker"

What do you like best?

I love the time tracker feature. I can keep track of multiple jobs and if I forget to turn the timer off, it reminds me when I stopped working. I can also go in to see how much time I've put in for each job or task and track how many hours I put in per day, week or month.

What do you dislike?

The only downfall is that the time tracker doesn't remind me to start the timer!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Useful tool for a freelance designer.

Definitely helps me keep track of my hours so I know what to bill my clients, but also gives me an idea of how long it takes to do certain tasks for future estimates.

Paymo review by Elena R.
Elena R.

"Great online tool for project management, time tracking, invoicing, and team collaboration."

What do you like best?

project organization, bar charts to show earnings, invoicing system.

What do you dislike?

would be great if there was a gantt chart function.

It would also be nice to have a calendar function in the dashboard to have an overview of all the deadlines and longterm project plans. Currently you need to go into each individual project to see the deadlines and notes. It would be more convenient to have an overall view of ALL projects deadlines to have a larger scope view of the current workloads and productivity.

Recommendations to others considering the product

great for a small team. However, the project planning would be greatly improved if there could be a gantt chart function similar to Wrike.

organizing small projects, invoicing, keeping track of hours and productivity.

Paymo review by Tina G.
Tina G.

"Paymo Has Greatly Streamlined My Business Admin Tasks"

What do you like best?

Having one place/tool for time-keeping and invoicing -- and that, since it is browser based -- I can use it from any computer or tablet with a browser.

What do you dislike?

That I can't resend invoices. I can copy invoice links and paste them in email to send at any time, but once I've used the "Send" button on the invoice screen, it becomes disabled and I can't use it again -- even a month later when the invoice is past due.

I used to keep time with one program, then connect to another to create invoices. I had to log-in to the invoice tool for every single invoice (not every session). Details weren't included, default settings were not used. It took 3 times longer to invoice than it does with Paymo.

Paymo review by Tracie K.
Tracie K.

"Paymo app - great solution for independent contractor/free-lancer"

What do you like best?

The Paymo app delivers what it promises. As a free-lance graphic designer, I needed a tool that could perform multiple tasks at the same level as a much larger organization: project management, time tracking, estimating and invoicing .The Paymo app allows me to easily perform these tasks and present professional customizable documents to my clients that align with my brand. The tracked time easily converts into an invoice that can be emailed to a client. The invoice can be synced to a pay pal account allowing the client to pay the bill onlPine. The invoice includes a built in status which allows you to track client activity on the invoice. I have used the system for several months now and only once had to contact tech support. When I did I received help in a timely manner. I highly recommend this app.

What do you dislike?

Limitations of a free account - I will need to upgrade soon to a pay account.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great inexpensive project management and invoicing solution.

Project management, Time tracking, estimating, invoicing.

Paymo review by Howard V R.
Howard V R.

"Paymo Great for Our Consulting Business"

What do you like best?

We have been using Paymo for more than 5 years in our electronic engineering consulting business.

We love the way we can set up multiple projects with multiple tasks per project and track time per project and task, and then use the invoicing system to invoice our clients. We often work on multiple projects simultaneously and without it we would not be able to work as effectively or track our time as accurately.

It also allows us to analyze our effectiveness and enables us to more accurately quote on future projects.

Intuitive interface and easy to use

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike about Paymo. Fulfills all our requirements

Recommendations to others considering the product

We can wholeheartedly recommend Paymo for Time and Project management

Accurate time tracking

Good project management

Effective team collaboration

Paymo review by Aaron F.
Aaron F.

"I could not run my business without it."

What do you like best?

The ability to record all of my tasks, computer related or otherwise through my laptop, tablet or phone and then accurately bill my clients either through Paymo's invoice and billing interface or our integrated accounting software.

What do you dislike?

Because for some clients I have to bill in a separate accounting tool, to 'bulk' flag tasks as billed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are now a multitude of time trackers and project management tools in the market but Paymo is a perfect match for small teams of consultants that need to account for their time and manage their client projects effectively

Tracking our time is essential for accurate client billing and reporting. Clients like to see evidence of activity when one is billing on a time and materials basis.

Paymo review by David M.
David M.

"A must have for every small company!"

What do you like best?

- Paymo comes with a nice desktop widget Paymo Timer (I'm using Paymo on mac) and another app called Paymo Plus which is really awesome. You can monitor absolutely everything you do with your computer and easily organise each task by drag&drop to each different project.

- Their subscription plans are really affordable.

What do you dislike?

I might not have used Paymo long enough to maybe have something I could complain about. We've been using Paymo for only 2 months now.

We were using Google Drive with a shared sheet to write down the time spend on our daily tasks. After a few months it was quite messy and not flexible at all. We've been looking for an online app with a nice overview on each project or an overall preview. Since we're a small company we didn't want to put too much budget for an app like that and Paymo is really affordable. Timetracking is now easier than ever.

Paymo review by Nico F.
Nico F.

"Paymo un outil très flexible"

What do you like best?

Le fait de pouvoir regrouper gestion de projet, time tracking et facturation en un seul service.

Avant cela nous devions utiliser 3 logiciels différents pour arriver au même résultat.

What do you dislike?

Les applications mobiles et desktop sont un petit peu vieillissantes.

Il n'est possible de faire le lien entre une offre et un projet.

Il est nécessaire de faire une offre puis de créer un projet depuis le début.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Il n'est pas possible de générer des projets depuis des offres.

Nous évite de perdre du temps pour reporter les heures passées sur différents projets.

Nous permet de centraliser notre gestion de projet, comptabilisation des heures et la facturation (suivi des dépenses)

Paymo review by Markus D.
Markus D.

"finally found one"

What do you like best?

I work as a freelancer in it, so tracking time and tasks for customers is essential, in every product i tried so far i find bugs or stuff which works not in that way i want to work. So i keep always looking for new tools.

With paymo it looks like i finally found one which fits me. A usable client for OS x and IOS was a must and so far i did not find any showstoppers and its pretty straight forward to track time and no delay tracking tasks ok they manage their tasks by themselves but other tools i have to wait 5 minutes to import them or their client is unusable or buggy.

Paymo is fast and has a simple workflow that is important for me, i don't need thousands of features and spend ours tracking time and tasks so it fits for me.

Overall i am really pleased with it so far, hope it stays like that.

What do you dislike?

Only which i did not find yet are reoccurring tasks, that would be an improvement.

Time and task tracking

Paymo review by Jordan H.
Jordan H.

"Great service for a web development agency"

What do you like best?

I've been using Paymo since 2012 and it has been a great tool for my web development agency. You can easily have an overview of what's happening when and how on each project, what each team member is up to. A particularly great feature is the Estimates module, which I use regularly to communicate with client on project when starting them.

What do you dislike?

As yet another SaS, sometimes (though the number of times is a single digit for these past four years that I've been using it) the service is unavailable for a while.

Day to day operations, including project management, task management and tracking, team member calendars and estimates to clients. All of these features are great and highly instrumental to our business.

Paymo review by Kim Joy F.
Kim Joy F.

"Simple Time and Project Tracking Website"

What do you like best?

I love the ease at which you can set up a project and start tracking the hours for it. I also like the Dashboard for the hours. It compares the last month with this month so you can see an overview.

What do you dislike?

There's no easy way to see more than 1 month in reverse, like watching the hours go up or down for the past 6 months.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's great for tracking hours and keeping a project list handy. I haven't used it for much else.

I'm able to quickly track my hours without a lot of hassle. It allows me to see if I'm not getting as many billable hours or if a project is going to go over the hours I expected.

Paymo review by User in Apparel & Fashion
User in Apparel & Fashion

"Great for Freelance designers"

What do you like best?

What I love most about Paymo is that its project management and invoicing in one. For freelancing this is very important because I can see exactly how many hours I've worked for a client, exactly what I did during that time and I just hit a button to submit an invoice that has all this laid out for them.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that certain settings reset themselves after logging in. For example, when I am look at my projects bar I only want to see my current projects but every time I log back in I have to set it to that so the first thing I see isn't every single thing I've ever worked on.

This is jus a great all in one tool: project management, invoicing, just keeping everything thing in one place so I can pull it quickly and keep well organized.

Paymo review by Jeff L.
Jeff L.

"Great software for consultants"

What do you like best?

As an independent consultant, tracking my time for planning purposes is critical. Paymo offers a pain-free means of doing this. I use the PC app for tracking. For reports and other actions, I log into the web client. I recommend this software to any business person seeking an understanding of how his or her time is spent.

What do you dislike?

One missing feature--or at least I can't figure it out--is the ability to perform bulk time additions across days. Say I spent 8 hours on 5 consecutive days on a given project. I have to make five entries if this time wasn't tracked by the PC client timer's functionality.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out. You can be up and running in minutes.

tracking time allocation

Paymo review by Dave R.
Dave R.

"Paymo for Project and Task Management"

What do you like best?

I use the desktop app daily to help me track time and tasks. It keeps me going, projects moving and is a nice reminder of what I have to do for each client/project.

What do you dislike?

The service might do it and I have missed it but alerts or some way to let me know I am over the budgeted hours would rock. A few more filters around time in the reports section would also be handy for those projects I have that last multiple months.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Test it out for a quick project and be sure to look at the templates you can set up for projects/task lists.

The invoicing and time tracking for the tasks really makes things easy for me.