Paymo

Simple project management app that bundles task management, time tracking and invoicing

Work for Paymo?

Learning about Paymo?

Paymo Reviews

Showing 347 Paymo reviews
Paymo review by Nimesh B.
Nimesh B.

"Best Project Managment Software"

What do you like best?

- Simple yet effective

- Things are nicely structured into clients, project, task group, task and sub-task. Everything is connected with one another

- Various workflows for managing task like simple view, table view, kanban, etc

- Gantt chart and portfolio gantt chart

- Beautiful dashboard which include my task, team task,

- Easy to manage multiple user. Can measure productivity and amount of work done. Task can be assigned and managed per user as well.

- Best time tracking with calendar timesheet, graphs and reports.

-Desktop app for time tracking

- Invoicing, estimates and payment methods are available

- Local currency available

- Billable amount is updated as project updates if you are working hourly,

- Various filters like assigned to, progress, completion are available at every section

- Resource scheduling and leave planner.

- Security

- Evolving everyday.

What do you dislike?

- Can be expensive

- Currently mobile app is still lacking some features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You may wanna try to full trial to know the real difference it can make to your project

We use Paymo for almost everything. Gantt chart becomes mostly valuable when planning any project which paymo offers quite well. Task for every user can be controlled for admin and everything can be monitored from a single place. Time tracking is the best in Paymo without a doubt option for both automatic and manual time tracking which is very helpful for us. It has sure increase our productivity and way we worked. We can focus on your work more now.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Paymo
Paymo review by Alan S.
Alan S.

"Stay on Task and On TIme!"

What do you like best?

Interface is simple, intuitive and easy to upload real-time data into. Time tracking is seamless and invoicing along with project management is interactive and allows for task and milestone management. All in all, we have found Paymo to be our one stop shopping location for organizing and managing projects both large and small!

What do you dislike?

To be honest, we have found very little lacking with this software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it, we think you will find its structure and flexibility at a cost point that makes it one of the bast systems on the market right now!

I personally utilize it to manage my 11 member team and the various projects and commitments we have on a daily basis. Everything from calculating time for an emergency response call, to simply changing a light bulb - Paymo provides real-time solutions and the ability to track the time to accomplish them!

What Project Management solution do you use?

Paymo review by Jolanda S.
Jolanda S.

"You will not forget anything else"

What do you like best?

Great service. We have been using Paymo for several years now. This is really a universal tool for work. A handy mobile client and great widgets for Android. I always see the information I need. It greatly facilitates my life. Excellent opportunities for creating reports.

What do you dislike?

The mobile application is convenient only for viewing the current work, it is strongly limited in functionality. I would like those developers to improve mobile applications and add existing functions to it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not worry any more that you can lose important information, just open the browser and start working with Paymo. You will no longer get lost in a huge number of projects and there's nothing to miss. Try the competitors Paymo and you will understand that it is the best.

Paymo helps us keep everything up to date. With this service, I use my time more effectively, which means I can make my work even faster and better.

Paymo review by User in E-Learning
User in E-Learning

"Easy-to-use for small and medium businesses"

What do you like best?

Easy to use. Intuitive Dashboard customizable and with the main information that you need to successfully manage all of your projects. Great for saving time and managing projects effectively when working with a team. It's also great for freelancers who want to monitor their projects and clients easily. I use Paymo remotely to communicate with my team and it helps me prevent errors. The interface is super easy and fun to use, and the unlimited project feature fits my needs perfectly. I will definitely use it for future projects as well regardless of the company I'll work at. I had no trouble adapting to the interface and I trust that you will too. This tool has improved my productivity and organizational skills as well.

What do you dislike?

No cons so far. Paymo updates their features regularly so they can keep up with my needs. I haven't come across any deal breakers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give this tool a try if you're looking for a complete project management software at an affordable price.

It helps clear communication misunderstandings and distribute tasks evenly.

Paymo review by Yolandi P.
Yolandi P.

"Paymo makes accounting a breeze as a designer."

What do you like best?

Recurring payments for my domain clients, so I don't need to generate invoices monthly for hosting.

Being able to see my income statistics.

What do you dislike?

The fact that when I allocate a payment, I'd like it to show up on the invoice.

I'd like to be able to add a set discount not limited to a percentage, but a set amount.

Client Statements would be excellent.

I am not sure how expenses work, but what I need for my business is a cost to company so I can see what my actual profit is, so I'd like to add suppliers and their costs, so I could allocate that to my job/invoice to determine my profit.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Paymo has made my admin of my clients come alive. As a creative person sending invoices has never been fun, but now I look forward to it. I can see my client profile and income grow. I am so excited about this product.

I never really knew how many active clients I had, or what my monthly income is.

I can now have a bird's eye view of my business income

Paymo review by Darwin N.
Darwin N.

"Very good tools with the super fast working system."

What do you like best?

Very great power in my hands with this good software. Everything is automatic. I like to work with the good platform. The very functional system of work.

What do you dislike?

Till now I don't know what to say. As I don't have any bad problems with this platform. I know how wonderful work and use it. Also I know that support service is very good working.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I guess it is the very good solution to work with. You can control everything in one click. To manage all steps of the project it is the best way. Very fast working system.

The good step that we control almost every our step. Everything on our hands as email, folders and more. Great works on our reports. Perfect that we see start and end of the time of our work.

Paymo review by Breanna A.
Breanna A.

"Great tool!"

What do you like best?

The invoicing/estimates on Paymo are so easy to use! Love the look and functionality of them. Paymo also has an awesome time tracker program - we use this for every project and it makes it easier to estimate the cost of new projects because we're able to look back and see how long past projects took us.

What do you dislike?

It just takes a little bit of time to figure out exactly how you want to organize things in Paymo and stay on top of them.

Organization, project management, account management, invoicing, etc. Keeps us all on the same page and we're able to communicate and see how projects are coming along!

Paymo review by Angelena D.
Angelena D.

"Great time with Paymo!!!"

What do you like best?

Now my work with more fun.I like that when I'm writing a project or etc. by luck it's will autocomplete. A software function that gives me the version of finish forms and words.

What do you dislike?

I don't know what I can dislike. Very hard question. Just can say that all that I'm doing I understand and follow with easy step.Nothing to dislike at all.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Everything in one part. Great control app. Helps you to control any stage of a project.The software works extremely fast and consists of perfect working tools. Ability to know everything about the financial side.

We can control time which we are spent online, in emails, documents or any sites.Helps with reports. So nice I can see all time when I was started and when to finish my record.

Paymo review by Lisa C.
Lisa C.

"I could not do my job without Paymo"

What do you like best?

I'm a self employed graphic and website designer and I have over 50 clients on the books. In a typical week I'll be working on at least 10 different jobs. Because of the nature of the work I often have to wait for a client to respond to a question before I can move onto the next stage. This means that in any given day I am working for at least 4 clients, usually more. To make things more complicated I charge depending on the work with 2 or 3 different payscales per job.

Without Paymo I'd have to do this all by hand, or guess what projects I had spent time on. With Paymo I can easily just move from client to client or to a different project for the same client at the click of a button. At the end of the month it's easy to generate invoices and the clients can pay online.

Honestly, if someone took Paymo away from me I'd sit down and cry. It is vital to the way I run my business and it frees me up to get more work done, and be paid accurately for it.

What do you dislike?

There is very little to dislike. It would be nice if the system automatically generated invoices for me at the end of the month but it only takes half an hour to do them manually.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Paymo provides multiple wonderful solutions for people like me with many different clients.

I'm solving the problem of juggling multiple clients with multiple rates of pay. If I had to do this by hand it wold take an insane amount of time.

Paymo review by Krzysztof W.
Krzysztof W.

"Conveniant and easy to use software for projects and teams"

What do you like best?

I like how seamless it is to track time, and generate reports from them. Especially given out 5+ years history with Paymo - the data we have now is great asset.

Its easy to generate reports for clients, projects or users, so all views covered. Filtering tasks is also good enough so our customers get clean and readable reports.

What do you dislike?

I am a bit afraid of feature growth, as if our parts (ones we use) would be prioritized. Also lack of tagging tasks make some reporting more complex.

What we miss still is lack of integrations - we have other tools (like Trello, Bitbucket) which we cannot integrate well - and we do not like that Paymo grows internal features while integrations are still lacking.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try!

Setup time tracking in a way not connected to money, so your user can be honest. Use reports to get to know your business and costs better.

I am using Paymo as source of information how much projects take and how much time we spend on working with them.

This is great form both customer facing perspective - we can bill hourly and provide detailed reports, or do fixed price projects and validate our estimates.

Its also good for knowing how much time we spent in the office.

Paymo review by Juan Ignacio G.
Juan Ignacio G.

"One of the best tools to track time"

What do you like best?

Time Reports are the best things that the application has, a lot of ease to understand each chart and insights of how we spend time can be seen. I also really like the way in which new projects are loaded and the possibility of differentiating them by the bidding method.

What do you dislike?

The team scheduling section is a little confusing, especially for those who are not familiar with the weather tracking tools. While the calendar style design is successful, the load per user is a bit cumbersome.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is an easy tool to use at a general level, with an accurate design and that adds value to the single action of tracking time; both for its reports and for the possibility of shared use.

One of our clients requires that we specify the hours we work on their project and what specific actions we do in that time; With this tool we also generate internal reports to improve the use of our time.

Paymo review by Mark M.
Mark M.

"Great freelance accounting tool"

What do you like best?

Ease of use on the web portal and great invoicing and bookkeeping setup.

What do you dislike?

Lack of functionality on the mobile app for using the service whilst away from the desk.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool for managing projects and invoicing completed jobs. The understanding of the workflow is critical in my game and Paymo helps me to manage various concurrent projects with ease. I also appreciate the ability to be able to ser definitions against different employees at my various clients as it makes collaboration a lot easier.

Hour tracking is a great tool and it makes managing my projects a lot smoother.

Paymo review by Kaitlin B.
Kaitlin B.

"Helpful tool for Billing Hours and Tracking Time"

What do you like best?

The ease of use of this software compared to others I have used to track time is incredible. We have also loved the use of the gant chart for projects and completing portions of those projects.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were a way to categorize projects into a few, main categories when you're typing in to track your time, so that they could pop up easier when you have a bunch with similar words populating.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This software is much less primitive-looking than others I have seen in the past. They are more technology-forward too!

We are able to bill true time spent on events and tradeshows besides just the physical costs of good we send to shows.

Paymo review by Kirsten H.
Kirsten H.

"Paymo is the perfect well rounded tool!"

What do you like best?

We have just started using Paymo at our office. I love the ability to keep track of invoices and billing within one very easy to use program. So far this is taking the cake for our favorite tracking app we have used and tried out. We are in talks about getting more of our clients on board to try this. I love that it doesn't take a long time to enter in all the information we need. The support for this app is the best. They are very helpful and quick to figure things out for you if you have a question.

What do you dislike?

A lot of our employees haven't learned how to use the software properly, making them not want to use it. No custom branding. You also can not customize your dashboard to your preferences. It costs more to add more users to the program instead of a set amount. Monthly, it's worth it though. It would help to have communication within the app to know who is working on what for the day. Possibly having multiple people working on the same app can cause wasted time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

$20 a month for something as easy to use as this, is well worth it. Keep in mind you need to enter all your invoices so that can be time consuming but well worth it in the end.

We are keeping track of recurring expenses, billing, invoices, project and our clients. It has helped us keep things organized, and easy for us to access. We love being able to have our tasks all in one place, and being able to keep track on the go.

Paymo review by Jesse S.
Jesse S.

"From Toggl to Paymo"

What do you like best?

I love being able to create multiple tasks for specific projects for multiple clients. Time can be tracked along with comments, discussions, milestones and file attachments. Light project management plus time tracking and reports = win win win!

What do you dislike?

The only downside to Paymo so far is the inability to track time on multiple tasks at once. So far though, this is a standard "problem" with most time tracking apps.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely give it a try. Their support is excellent.

I needed a place to track time and a small amount of project management. Paymo combines both. I no longer have to pay for two separate apps to get both. I can go back in time for any project and see what we were working on, all our comments and discussions and how much time was utilized.

Paymo review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"Used to be good then they destroyed it with stupid pricing. Sole Traders Avoid"

What do you like best?

The software in its entirety is easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Paymo decided to change the pricing structure meaning small companies now have to pay for 3 use licenses to get any meaningful features.

On the accounting there should be a way to only bill the client once a month for multiple complete projects. It will also be good to have a prepaid option.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a large scale company great. If you are a one man bad or have 2 people its will now charge you extra.

Paymo used to be a great bit of software as it was an all in one. This being said they decided to change the pricing meaning as a sole trader to make the software of any use ie with accounting you now have to pay for 3 user licenses. They do offer a reduced version for single users however this only allows task management to which there are plenty of free software

Paymo review by Teresa G.
Teresa G.

"Nice range of capabilities at an affordable price"

What do you like best?

I like that it has automatic time tracking available as well as the stopwatch tool. The other features are pretty robust - project and task management, time reports, invoicing, clients, etc. The pricing is reasonable, although it appears that I'm on an old pricing plan and that it's a bit higher now for the management features without invoicing. My plan gives me one invoice per month at no additional charge.

What do you dislike?

The automatic time tracking app isn't super-accurate, but it does help to have it. On pricing I wish there was an option of getting up to, say, five invoices for an additional $5 or so rather than having to jump to $10 for unlimited, which I don't need. It's still a pretty reasonable price, though.

Time saving thanks to time tracking; easy invoicing; easy to calculate time/pay from time reports even if you don't have invoicing capability.

Paymo review by Adam N.
Adam N.

"Paymo - Competitive Pricing / Packed with Features"

What do you like best?

For my line of work the desktop app, which precisely tracks time entries, and allows me to easy filter and allocate the results, ranks #1. After that, I really like the invoicing and CRM portions of the online site. It's quite amazing, and I was using Chrometa before Paymo, and I'm much happier with Paymo for what I do.

The User Interface at Paymo, seems really well thought out. It works fast over the internet, and I don't spend a lot of time hunting down functions. The support staff is quick to reply if I ever get stuck, and they do so right through the main interface, so I don't have to hunt down replies either!

What do you dislike?

There's not much to dislike about Paymo. From the customer support to the myriad features Paymo, ranks #1 in my book. One thing, I'd like to see is and extra level of reporting to impress clients with the amount of work that gets done, like lists and charts that show just how much work you accomplished. Right now the invoices are just simple clean corporate invoices, which works just fine.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it if you need advanced billing and time-tracking software.

When you're juggling over a dozen projects, you don't need any extra distractions. Paymo is almost like having a bookkeeper watching over your shoulder. You can easily create filters, and if you name your files with your project tag, then you can easily take care of billing in a short time whenever you like. That keeps you focused on work.

Paymo review by Michael S.
Michael S.

"Paymo is a great service for Graphic Designers"

What do you like best?

Paymo is a great online service that easily tracks the time I spend on each project.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. I just really like the service.

One thing that I would add as an optional option is screen shot progress. Maybe every 5 minutes while working on a project, the application could take a screen shot of the project progress. That would give customers that want to see how much time it takes to complete the project a great visual representation of my design process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are in the creative industry and you need to track time on projects, I think Paymo is the service you are looking for. It is a great price, only $5.00 per month and it manages all my design projects and tracks all the time with ease. If you are unsure about Paymo they have a free version which allows you to have two open projects at once. This is especially great if you are just starting out as a freelancer and are not too busy. Once you outgrow the free version, you will likely want to upgrade to the paid version as there are no limitations in regards to the number of projects you can have open.

Before Paymo, we used to track our projects manually and it was not as accurate and customers had to believe that is how much time the project took to complete. Now, I can easily go on my Paymo account and show them my online timesheet.

Paymo review by Inti M.
Inti M.

"Best online tool for tracking project time!"

What do you like best?

I love it even from its beta version! The fact that you can track multiple projects and clients, and the well-designed interface that lets you focus on just what you are doing at that time. If you are on a tight budget to spend on administration and accounting for your business, then this tool offers a great help for start-ups.

I use it also to track my total hours annually, as the revenue services in my country requires this information.

The team is also very friendly and this gives Paymo a personal human touch.

What do you dislike?

I would like to suggest to raise the minimum of the free project to 5 instead of 3.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it!

projects, project activities and clients are part of what I need to track. I also use it sometimes to plan my day if it is very busy. It is easy to give myself time slots to finish certain tasks.

Also my annual report on projects and time.

Paymo review by Kenneth O.
Kenneth O.

"I really enjoy using Paymo"

What do you like best?

The user friendly interface is one thing that stands out to me. They make it look visually attractive and simple for anyone. I also enjoy the dashboard very much. Invoicing is also very easy and helps breakdown the tasks from the project, which my clients enjoy.

What do you dislike?

I feel there could be more features added to the dashboard but overall the concept is great. Looking forward to more additions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would at least try it. Really easy to use and worth the money. Since I do freelance on the side, this was perfect for me. While I worked at a Web Marketing Agency, I highly recommended we use paymo compared to what we were using. After a few weeks, we made the transition over to paymo.

Invoices were a big decision factor in going with paymo. They're invoicing system is awesome. I am able to focus my time on something else.

Paymo review by Andrew P.
Andrew P.

"Timesheets for Remote workers"

What do you like best?

We run documentation projects for a number of clients with staff members sometimes working remotely. The ability for a team member to click an app on their desktop and record (to the second) the work they do on a client's project is invaluable.

Personally, as a team member, I like the fact that I can do a little bit of work at any time of the day or night, record it and get accurately paid.

What do you dislike?

Not much to be honest. It would be nice if there were a way to sort and group reporting. Otherwise this is an excellent piece of software that's been well thought out and does what it says on the tin.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you set up accurate task and project descriptors.

Tracking the time expended by a staff members spread out over a significant geographic distance. It's also useful to provide washback into the marketing/sales/estimating function as since implementing paymo and tracking our data, our estimates have become much more accurate.

Paymo review by Manon B.
Manon B.

"Great experience, amazing support"

What do you like best?

I like the usage, the price, and the support.

I think the support of Paymo is one of the best I have ever experimented. Always polite and reachable in a short time. I also like the fact that there is often updates which improve the experience a lot every time.

I also like that there is a small tutorial after each updates to understand the new features. It's really helpful.

What do you dislike?

I would like to reorganise the dashboard better and be able to remove some elements from the dashboard (maybe we can do it already but I don't know how).

It would be great to be able to choose to track the time not exactly but like an approximative time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Paymo is a platform really easy to use. I recommend Paymo for the time tracking and the project management. Furthermore, the support is really reactive and helpful.

Paymo is really useful to track my time. I use it mostly for that with the "timer" app always on my computer.

Paymo review by Matt S.
Matt S.

"Great app with mobile and desktop version to boot"

What do you like best?

The best features of Paymo is the easy user interface and included time sheet where I can easily sort, with a calendar style view, all my time for the day, week, month or year and super easily edit or add time entries. The Paymo tool never has issues, is always up and works very fast even with slow net connections.

What do you dislike?

One feature I dislike is, it is rather difficult to take time reports and simply convert them into estimates or convert time reports into invoices. Both of these functions could use come love. Sometimes the Android app takes forever to update projects and tasks but still works well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check out this great app for mobile or desktop time tracking.

I primarily use Paymo to manage all my freelance and consulting time tracking - it's a great asset on my laptop and tablet. Biggest benefits of this tool include the time reports!

Paymo review by Shawn R.
Shawn R.

"I rely on Paymo for myself and my employees/associates"

What do you like best?

I am a consultant / technologist and almost all of my billing, and that of my employees & associates, is calculated by the hour. For many years, we used a manually-tracked method that was highly unreliable and inconvenient to use, and I estimated that we lost approximately 10%-15% of billable time due to poor record-keeping. I began using Paymo in 2010 and have relied on it ever since. One of the best features is the ability to track my projects in detail using the task breakdowns and the detailed reporting that becomes available as a result. By using this consistently for the past several years on a variety of projects, it has allowed me to become far more accurate at estimating what a new project will entail, and which parts of the project will require more attention.

What do you dislike?

I have some confusion with regard to managing the display of the dashboard information, but this is a minor issue and is likely to be resolved with a little research into the tutorials.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are not currently using a time-tracking system that allows you to create a customized work breakdown structure, the Paymo system will allow you to very quickly implement a structure, and it easily adapts as you learn how to use it for your own business rules.

I've been able to resolve my primary issue, which was putting a great deal of work into projects which was then not billed for. I'm now very clear on the status of my projects all the way through, and that allows me to make adjustments to ensure that I remain within budget while still being adequately compensated for my work.

Paymo review by Wardell P.
Wardell P.

"The absolute best tool for client time-tracking for the money!"

What do you like best?

I've been using Paymo for many years and I find that it is excellent at easily keeping track of client hours used and preparing reports of those hours to share with the client. We need a thin and light tool to manage a variety of clients and this tool does that extremely well. I am able to share the project status live, or kick out a PDF, which is perfect.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I don't like is due to the fact that I have contracts that are essentially the same, and each month just need the date of service changed, I'd love a way to copy a project and go in and minimally edit the DOS.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Any company of any size interested in a simple, thin client, time/project tracking system should definitely give this a try. There are bigger solutions, solutions designed to connect with or be your accounting software, I don't think Paymo does that, but it is the best time-tracker I have seen in the last half decade.

The main business problem is, how to track a variety of workers across several projects and stay on top of their hours and report them to my clients.

The benefit of Paymo is that it does exactly that, and is a reliable way to load-balance who is doing what by a quick look at the dashbord.

Paymo review by Josh S.
Josh S.

"Useful tracking service for hours"

What do you like best?

Paymo offers an intuitive service for tracking hours employees work. I have largely used Paymo as an employee, so I have spent most of my time logging hours on the website. You can track hours as you go by inputting hours directly or starting a timer that you stop when you have stopped working on that task.

What do you dislike?

The mobile app is not as easy to use or intuitive as the desktop site. I almost entirely use the website from my laptop instead, though I do have the app on my phone. I have rarely used the app because it is much easier to use the website outright.

I believe Paymo is used to track hours and maintain a record for payroll as well as simply to track the time employees spend on each task they are assigned. It offers a way for people to determine if someone is working too slowly on some areas of her/his job or if she or he is claiming more hours than seems reasonable. This is an area of Paymo I am, however, less familiar with as I mainly only track my own hours.

Paymo review by Emma R.
Emma R.

"Switch to Paymo"

What do you like best?

Paymo is a very easy to use platform for time keeping services. It's user friendly, can be accessed from a smart phone when necessary, the ability to customize the time keeping reports are great. And the ability for the users to add notes to the tasks are even better. We are currently using this program for household staff time keeping and are looking to transition our business employees over to the program next.

What do you dislike?

It would be great if they had a app for the smartphones. We worked around that by bookmarking the web address to the smart phones directly, but an app seems like the next logical step. Or maybe they have one and I just haven't found it yet.

Time keeping for employees that are not all located in the same place. We need to recognize employees time while off premises running errands. And at times those errands are finished away from our business, this program allows users to track time without being tied to a time clock. Remote access was key for us.

Paymo review by Chad F.
Chad F.

"Time management and tracking at it's best"

What do you like best?

The power and integration of both the web site, the app and the dashboard widget are far superior to other products I have used. I have been using Paymo for nearly 5 years now and it truly is an asset to my freelance work

What do you dislike?

There is a lot to use so at times the location of the element I want to adjust or review is hard to find. The interface online may be a bit cumbersome to a new user to navigate as the wayfinding is a bit off. Overall however the site is good.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Set up a user account and give it a 30 day trial with one client. what have you to loose? After you have gotten used to the interface, try 3 clients. Slowly you will find your habits are natural here in Paymo and less need for bouncing around in other programs.

Tme management and invoicing mostly. The ability to quickly create time sheets with as much LOD as needed for clients is a super plus.

Paymo review by Danielle D.
Danielle D.

"A fantastic project management resource for small businesses!"

What do you like best?

I was attracted to Paymo because it's web-based, so I don't have to worry about working on-site at a location where I can't bring my business laptop, and has a user-friendly UI. It's turned out to be a massively helpful resource that I use to manage and organize all of my consulting contracts. Additionally the Kanban board option for prioritizing and managing tasks is one of my favorite new features--I use it (literally) every day.

What do you dislike?

Since I started using Paymo when it was free, I was less happy when they began charging for it, but given the site upgrades they've been pushing out, I understand and respect the apparent need for it. I only use about half the features on a regular basis, since I'm a REALLY small business, so it was annoying that my left navigation bar was always junked up with features I didn't utilize. However, now that the site supports a "grooming" of the nav bar so I can add or remove from viewing the things I want/don't want, I'm happier with it.

This site solve my issues with project and task organization and accurately tracking my time. Once I started getting contracts on a regular basis and began working multiple companies' projects in one day, I really needed something to make it easy for me to switch from tracking time on one project to tracking time on another.

Paymo review by Neal B.
Neal B.

"We've been with the rest but, for us, Paymo is simply the best management tool for the money. "

What do you like best?

We've been with Paymo for almost seven years and it has continued to evolve around our business needs. From project tracking to payroll to time management to invoicing and estimating, Paymo is a one stop shop for us in terms of understanding what's happening within our business at a glance.

In the beginning we had our own, internally developed, CMS platform and leaned on Paymo's time-tracking to keep tabs on our contractors and to understand our job costs. With every upgrade, Paymo would add new services and functionality that helped us replace our own platform and open up resources to focus on other tech.

Personally, I like the ability to still track time on my phone or in a big lump of collected hours (using the Paymo widget). When I'm working at events, it's so much easier to pull all hours straight out of a log to fill out timesheets.

What do you dislike?

The one thing that I'm desperately needing from Paymo is the ability to add new projects from the phone/tablet app. When I'm in meetings with a client, I'd like to add any job we are talking about so that our PMs can create the job, build an estimate, and have an email sent out for approval by the time I leave their office. Right now, I have to wait until I'm back to a laptop where I have to capture everything we've talked about from notes or memory. Then it has to be passed over to a PM for entry as a job and over to accounting for an estimate to be created which makes what should be a 30 minute turnaround into a 24 hour process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I believe that they are. We had some doubts in 2013-2014 when the software (and logo) sat idle for several cycles. Since then they have really been moving forward with retina-enabled widgets, enhanced reporting capabilities, and a renewed focus on their branding (which is always a good sign for a design agency).

As mentioned, we had our own internal CMS platform that needed updates and maintenance on a regular basis. Now we have all the services we need, across multiple business units, all at a reduction in costs.

Paymo has allowed us to keep new projects coming in while artists and designers focus on their creative endeavors instead of filling our paperwork. Our accounts payable/receivable love it because they now have a warehouse of all projects that they can export for recaps, quarterly reports, and collaborating with our CPA.

Paymo review by Chris F.
Chris F.

"Fast & accurate modern way of timekeeping for any contractor / freelancer"

What do you like best?

The desktop app makes paymo easy to use across multiple computers and makes time keeping for multiple projects very easy to do.

I like how I can easily add up all my time on a project which allows me to better estimate my pricing for future projects and clients, speeding up my proposal process.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, there is not very much to dislike...

I could say I wish it was free or cheaper but knowing that someone is working just like I am on something they enjoy that provides a service for others would be an insult to myself.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For a measly $4.95 /mo Paymo ensures that I never have to worry about my HDD failing or my notebook being stolen and losing all my timekeeping for my clients in the middle of a project. The desktop app makes it even quicker as you do not have to open a web browser in order to log in and start working.

I can easily track time for small tasks which I never would have before since I was previously using pencil and paper for the most part to record my hours.

With the desktop app its easy to make a new task and better forecast my time and therefore cost for my clients.

I have realized how to utilize my time as a small business owner as well as my clients time more effectively.

Paymo review by Mirella G.
Mirella G.

"The most complete and reliable software. I attest."

What do you like best?

The time tracker makes me to not be aware of it all time. Only once a week or even once a month to sort all my timings. I love it.

Definitely it makes my life easier and it makes me to be more realistic about my time.

>>> I hate "play - stop" timers. Wich is the system that all this kind of softwares have. I always forget: start-stop them.

Is the best software for people who works with a lot of projects at the same time

Because you don't need to start and stop it all time.

What do you dislike?

I started using it because it was "almost-free" It was very easy to try it and start with it.

I bought it, but now I see it is more expensive.

Also the invoices are not included.

Anyway the invoices system are not nice, I mean the invoices that you can use it there.

I don't like the price.

Recommendations to others considering the product

- It's the best timing option

- The best for people who has a lot of different clients

- The best for people who works with a lot of projects at the same time

It solve my timings and now I am more organized with my clients.

Also it makes that my charges per projects are more certain.

On the other hand I collaborate with more people and is easier to know how long each person works en each project, and then makes the money sharing.

Paymo review by Mike S.
Mike S.

"I've tried them all and Paymo is the best."

What do you like best?

I went through an internet search of "project management software" and tried out at least 20 different leading products. I came on Paymo as one of my final trial runs - and i immediately bought a full subscription after using it for a few minutes. It combines all the functionality that you need into one piece of software; time tracking, reporting, project/client management, invoicing and reporting, and more.

What do you dislike?

The only downside is that you can't share a project with someone outside of your company. So if your colleague has their own paymo account, you cant work on a project across accounts - one person has to sign up as a user for the other account. Not a huge deal but would be helpful sometimes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just try a few different tools out, and you'll see how well Paymo handles everything-in-one compared to the rest.

Instead of using 3 different tools for time tracking/management, and invoicing, i can just use Paymo. It has made my freelance contracting life 100x easier, no question.

Paymo review by Cortney M.
Cortney M.

"Easy to use and highly effective "

What do you like best?

The dashboard is easy and simple to navigate. The level of detail and depth that the users are able to assign in each project is amazing. With this program, we have been able to become completely paperless without any interruption to the high quality of service our customers have come to expect.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there are too many options within a task and it can get a little too complicated...if you let it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it!

We have been able to move our office to a paperless system using Paymo. In addition, assigning and keeping track of tasks for direct reports, is much smoother and requires less dialogue or follow-up, which can interrupt people's workflow.

Being able to manage and keep track of our time has been priceless. When discussing performance reviews with employees, it's hard for them to argue with reports and charts as opposed to their manager's opinion of how efficiently they're working.

Paymo review by Ahmet U.
Ahmet U.

"Beyond time monitoring this is the best tool to get more productive"

What do you like best?

I discovered Paymo about two years ago when I needed a tool to watch how much time I'am spending to my freelance projects.

As I am a journalist worked for Bloomberg Businessweek Turkey and some other major PC magazines I'm teached to dig deep to find the details. If you would make a search on Google about time monitoring and management tool you'll find tons of solutions but let me list the differences those makes Paymo the best one.

1- Paymo has a very user friendly interface. You don't need to spend lots of time to learn how to use it. Just start from the dashboard and continue with Clients, Projects, etc. You'll be able to start using it like you have been always using it.

2- Paymo has PC clients both for Windows and Mac OSX. Those clients monitors everything you have done and it's just two clicks away to assign those works with any projects or tasks.

3- Even if you are working on different projects or tasks at the same time it's really child game to monitor the time you are spending on those different things.

4- It's also really easy to add time that you don't spend on computer (like meetings, phone calls etc.) on your projects or tasks.

5- Managing invoices are easy. Reporting to clients what you have done and how much time you have spend on those tasks is awsome. My clients are really happy to see what they are paying in details even they are not asking such a report.

6- On PC clients you can create automatic rules. A very well time saving feature.

7- Support is great. You'll get an answer almost immediately from the Paymo team.

8- Even I haven't need any paid option (wow thats great) subscription prices are very affordable for freelancers.

9- It needs some discipline but you can watch a big teams work on computer with the support of IT guys. No more social media much more work on PC :)

What do you dislike?

Actually I don't have to many disliked things. The only biggest negative point is that the rules you are creating on PC clients are computer based and can be migrated between computers manually. I liked if it would be cloud based.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Any company should watch what Paymo is doing and how it's doing that. This is the key point to get answers from the customer perspective to understand what we need.

I can exactly monitor my time spendings on my projects. I am a freelance journalist and I am looking to many times to my social media accounts or checking my e-mails during my works. I can't assign those times to my clients. So they pay exactly for the time I have spend from them. Even seconds are considered.

On the other hand some of my clients pay for me for the tasks I finished. They do not interested in times that I spend to finish my works. For such clients I can watch my time spendings and improve myself to be more productive.

Paymo review by Tamas E.
Tamas E.

"Perfect for an artist"

What do you like best?

Seeing the overall period of time. How i spent the day and how the month goes.

With the downloaded app I can track my day without thinking about it.

It helped me to see when I've spent too much time with unimportant things (social media or inspiration)

With the desktop app every morning I just start the timer and ready to go :)

Later the day I can finetune the tracked time if something wasn't tracked properly. Its nice to see if I was away from the computer and I can decide if i like to count that time for a project or not.

What do you dislike?

Because of the local law I can't use Paymo invoicing, with that everything could be solved in one place. Sometimes I feel the navigation between the projects is not the best, when I like to add time later for a project I need to switch to the desktop app, but this is minor thing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it, you will love it :)

Interesting to see how a project is divided to the inspirational - sketch - production - and final changes states, I'm learning from it every time I'm finishing a project!

I realized I'm underestimating some projects and now I'm able to provide detailed statistics how different versions progressed and if clients should count with additional charge for the extra work I've made.

Paymo review by Cristian T.
Cristian T.

"I've been a Paymo user for about 5 years."

What do you like best?

As an Independent Design Consultant, keeping track of clients / tasks / hours and invoices is an essential part of my business — and Paymo makes it all super easy, saving me hours of work every week.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. The team at Paymo is doing a good job and the product has greatly evolved since I started using it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Paymo has helped me keep all my admin (client / invoices / payments) very organised with minima effort on my end. It literally saves me hours every week.

I work with a very diverse bunch of cilents ranging from the typical Shoreditch 2-3 person start-up to leading product companies and marketing agencies, and here's my list of the top Paymo features I use at different stages of a project.

New client / project

- Project budgeting + planning

- Project / task setup

Ongoing work

- Project / task management

- Time Reports (clients love the ability to see in real-time where we are budget-wise)

- Misc. client communication

Project / sprint comletion

- Invoicing (pulled from Time Reports)

Paymo review by Ellen Y K.
Ellen Y K.

"Naive user, pleased"

What do you like best?

Easy to track my time and keep track of multiple clients, tasks, etc. Intuitive and not a steep learning curve to use Paymo.

What do you dislike?

I wish for single users (freelancers with no subcontractors) that there was a free version that would also invoice. In order to track my time and also in order to generate invoices, I needed to pay for version.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are lots of time tracking software out there, so sign up for free trial evaluations and see what is most easy to use that suits your needs. I wish that I had realized before I started to use Paymo, though, that I'd need to pay for a version that would create invoices for me. I'd have probably gone with some other program that I didn't need to pay for, as I'm a freelance science editor, and don't make much money. I know that I can tax-deduct the monthly fee as a business expense, so I stuck with Paymo because I like how it works and I didn't want to have to try out another program.

This is the first time I've used time-tracking software, so I don't have anything to compare Paymo with.

When I edit documents, I lose track of time and probably underestimate the amount of time I spend. Paymo easily lets me track time spent, and track different projects and tag with what task I was working on.

Paymo review by Algimantas K.
Algimantas K.

"Very good software for project timetracking, but to simple for project management"

What do you like best?

1. Cloud based platform, no servers needed everything is on cloud, can be accessed from anywhere by any device. Software works very stable;

2. All data changes and updates appears instantly for all user, no loading time;

3. Useful and informative reporting and invoicing functions;

4. Fast technical support by developers;

5. Good price.

What do you dislike?

1. Development of software is slow by the developers, other similar software might overwhelm Paymo soon;

2. Hard to manage when having many projects;

3. Project management is too simple;

4. Too simple user permission options.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This software works very good for time tracking, but if you wish to have a nice project management tool, you should be investigating other software options.

Our team is working with wooden frame house projects. This software helps us track time used in each project fast and accurate. Makes time tracking and reporting very easy for us. For project management we use other software.

Paymo review by Rick G.
Rick G.

"Simple, Elegant, & Easy to Learn"

What do you like best?

I like the power and simplicity that it provides. As a freelance designer, I dislike having to spend time manually keeping track of my time. The "time clock" feature makes it easy to start and stop, while automatically updating the time sheets. The second feature that I am extremely happy with is the Invoice creation and tracking. You can quickly and accurately create an invoice based on the company you are working with and their specific project/tasks.

What do you dislike?

There is not much to dislike. The price point is excellent for the features provided. The only suggestion I would have for PAYMO is to add a GANTT chart view if possible. It would be great to see more project based controls. Another suggestion that I have is adding a "chat" option. It would be helpful to be able to quickly chat with customers/clients for quick answers to questions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This product is great for freelancers, designers, or other small business owners looking for a simple solution to track their time and projects.

Utilizing the time sheets and Invoice features have been extremely helpful and convenient. I am the sole employee of my business, so having the ability to quickly and accurately submit invoices and reports with little effort is valuable.

Paymo review by Kiria W.
Kiria W.

"Paymo is an incredibly easy to use time tracking/invoice management tool."

What do you like best?

I'm self-employed, and I primarily use Paymo for time tracking and managing my invoices - for which it's one of the simplest tools I've found. When I was searching around, I found other similar tools that either offered way more "in your face" functionality than I needed (such as tracking exactly which applications I spent every minute of a logged hour on), or that lacked specific features I was looking for (great invoicing tools, but no time tracking).

What do you dislike?

I honestly don't use many of the features included with Paymo, such as project management tools or anything related to teams, but I can't say I dislike them either (I just don't use them). It has the features I need, and they work as I want them to.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very easy to use, and extremely quick response on support questions. On a whim I've submitted feature requests and been responded to within a day.

I can easily track an entire week's worth of invoices across either multiple projects, or many individual tasks within a single, more complex project. I can easily reference these for manual invoices, or use Paymo's built in invoicing feature with them. Additionally, I can use their tracker from my browser (instead of the software) in the event that I'm working remotely or on my tablet.

Paymo review by Heather M.
Heather M.

"Great time tracker for people who work on multiple projects at once."

What do you like best?

I love that it's able to track time for each project I set up, it runs in the background and I don't have to think about how much time I worked on each project. For multiple projects, I'm able to simply click a button and it finds all instances of my projects - separating them out individually.

What do you dislike?

Not easy to see new time I've put into a project - it shows total time easily, but if I've already billed a certain amount, it's hard to find how much time is unbilled. The website and app also take some getting use to - it's not something you can easily jump into.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it some time to learn and understand how it works, and it will make your life way easier in the long run. I'm currently the only one using Paymo in the office, but when I enter in my time for each project, mine is the most accurate.

I'm able to track each project individually - even the times that I would normally forget to include. It's much easier now for me to report how much time I've spent on each of my projects, which is very vital for my job as a Graphic Designer with multiple projects happening at once.

Paymo review by Piet W.
Piet W.

"PayMo helps me to collect ny billable hours"

What do you like best?

Best about PayMo is the widget on my mobile phone and desktop. In a few clicks i make a note about my work-activities at a customersite or for a customer.

Further the dashboard gives me a good overview of my status in billable hours. New projects are created in a few clicks and seconds later i enter my first activities on a project.

I use the reportbuilder for an overview of my activities per customer per project and sent this together with my bill to my customers. They appreciate this very much.

What do you dislike?

Some of my activities are spread over a working day. An hour in the morning, another 30 minutes in the morning and 2 hours in the afternoon. It would be helpfull if i could put these activities in the desktop-widget as 3,5 hours in 1 note, instead of making 3 seperate notes for each activity.

Recommendations to others considering the product

PayMo fullfilled my wishes for timetracking, increasing my income by registring billable hours at customer sites.

I'm a IT consultant. I earn my money as an IT-consultant and work and support my for customers. Every time a customer calls or when i work for a customer i register the activity in PayMo. In the past i often forgot some of the activiteies i did for a customer during a day. This off course means that i dis not bil to the customer. By using Paymo i register every activity and that helps my bill all my activities resulting in better results for my and my company.

Paymo review by Michael B.
Michael B.

"Awesome time management and invoicing software for Freelancers"

What do you like best?

Paymo is very straightforward and easy to get started with. I use the time tracking tools for all of my work, and the invoicing feature makes it really easy to get paid, track invoice status, and accept online payments. I've discontinued receiving paper checks from customers!

What do you dislike?

My only gripe with Paymo is that I wish there were more plan options - especially around invoicing. I don't always send a ton of invoices every month and don't like having to pay for "unlimited invoices" when it's not worth it every month. As it is though Paymo makes it relatively easy to work around this and still save money.

I've significantly reduced the time and effort I put into customer managing customer accounts - now I can spend that time on the customers projects instead! Whenever I get a new customer I enter in all of their information, and start setup the project and time tracking software. It takes 10 minutes to setup the whole project and then I can get right on working. This also makes billing really easy.

Paymo review by Kylie Jackson B.
Kylie Jackson B.

"Great for Freelancing"

What do you like best?

Paymo makes it super easy to track time for each of my separate clients, separate it into tasks and stick to an hourly budget. I like the custom reports section, which lets me build up invoices easily by dividing hours by date, client and project. It's free, it's simple, and it works.

What do you dislike?

I haven't been able to figure out how adjust the monthly hours "budget," so on the dashboard it will show the percentage of hours worked that month, but it's meaningless, because I didn't set the number of monthly hours that should be worked. I have very few complaints - the software does its job.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are other free tracking softwares out there, but Paymo has the set of features that I needed. It also has the benefit of the paid option if I ever want to grow my business. Do your homework and find out what features you need; it is difficult to switch tracking software once you've committed to one, so make sure it works for you.

I am a freelancer and required to keep track of my own time and send invoices accordingly. I am also on a small overhead budget. So the Paymo software works perfectly to solve all of my tracking needs, and I'm able to separate hours out by project which is perfect for invoices. I have been complimented more than once on the accuracy and honesty of my tracking and I attribute some of that to using Paymo.

Paymo review by Nikki K.
Nikki K.

"I've been using Paymo for years and it's everything I need :)"

What do you like best?

Even without the extra add ons, Paymo has most everything that one would need for a time tracking software. I have MANY concurrent projects, and many more I've assigned to different members of my team. The ability to allow selected users specific access to the projects and still be able to oversee all of them as well of my own is invaluable. It prevents them from getting overwhelmed with projects that they aren't involved in and keeps everything in one place.

What do you dislike?

Once in a while, the web interface will become a little flaky and lose the ability to filter out inactive projects, which gets to be a big problem when I have 1000 projects to sort through. One person on my team reports that the widget doesn't work well with Windows 10, but we have other people here on Windows 10 machines without issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have tested out several other time tracking and project management software solutions and have found Paymo to be the most comprehensive, with the least amount of learning curve, and for the most economical cost. Since there are add-on features, you don't have to pay for what you're not going to use (invoicing etc) and it's very straightforward to use.

Paymo is definitely helping with project organization, especially when it comes to multiple employees assigned to various, and sometimes shared, projects. I can be in the loop as to where they are at, timewise, without having to ask all of the time, and they have all of the project info that they need right at hand.

Paymo review by Jillyn D.
Jillyn D.

"Paymo is a great tool!"

What do you like best?

The interface is really great. The dashboard gives you a quick view of everything you need to know, and you can configure it the way you want, which is a nice touch. I also like how easy it is to navigate all the different areas of the tool.

What do you dislike?

The export feature is the only thing that I can say is truly terrible about this tool. It's a great way to raise switching costs. However, it also substantially increases the risk of using the tool, because any information in Paymo will likely have to be re-entered manually into whatever tool you're switching to. I hate feeling like my business data is being held hostage.

I also wish there were more integration available for accounting software. Helpdesk features and workflows would be a really nice touch as well.

The biggest impact to my business has been with invoicing. Because Paymo automatically reminds clients about their overdue invoices (also configurable), my invoices are paid faster, and I have far fewer outstanding payments at the end of each billing cycle. The time keeping aspect is also incredibly helpful, and the fact that I can track time from my desktop or phone and then bill the time directly to the client is incredibly useful and convenient.

Paymo review by Kristin U.
Kristin U.

"My Go-To for Managing my Business!"

What do you like best?

The software is so simple to use! I was able to create an account and figure things out very quickly. I really like that they have a clean design, and that my projects are color coded in graphs and charts. As a virtual assistant, I juggle several clients and projects at a time and this software helps me to see the big picture of my time and earnings as I go. I'm still finding useful little features and pieces as updates roll out and I've seen Paymo up their game time and again since I've started using them - this makes me confident that they take the needs of their users into consideration and seek to better what they offer.

What do you dislike?

I'd prefer it if the invoicing was included beyond one invoice and not an add-on option, but I really like the price point I'm paying without it for now, so I'm ultimately okay with not experiencing the full features of the accounting options. I just adjust and only store one invoice, as included with my plan, and can make another if I delete the stored one (with the others backed up on my computer).

I did have some issues in the past with the time tracker not working for me via the phone app. I'm almost always working from my laptop, so it never caused me any serious trouble. And in Paymo's defense, I never took the time to reach out about fixing it either. Just kept using my desktop instead! The issues I was having don't seem to be issues at all anymore, either. The app's working well for me now! (And it's just as clean and pretty as the desktop version.)

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're considering Paymo, I'd highly recommend trying it out! The software is easy to use and does everything I need it to.

At the beginning of my business, I was tracking my time and then manually creating invoices. With Paymo, I can easily create an invoice in the software from the time tracked that month and export it as a PDF to send to my clients. Saves me a TON of time that I was spending in manually creating invoices at the start of my business!

I'm able to easily see things like the number of hours I've worked that month and last, which is helpful in motivating me to adjust as need be - whether seeking out more work or slowing down to get some rest. The overviews of my work, earnings, and projects have really helped me to plan better in my business.

Paymo review by Kenneth D.
Kenneth D.

"The perfect time and invoicing tool for any startup business"

What do you like best?

There are so many features I like about Paymo it is hard to pick only one that I like best! But since I'm asked to pick one I will go with the Android addon Application that allows me to instantly start and end tasks from anywhere my cell phone has access. Since I'm constantly starting and stopping tasks from random places it is a great tool to keep track of all my time.

What do you dislike?

I'd like to have some type of feature that could print out accounting reports for end of year taxes. More features built towards tax reports would be wonderful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a way to track your time on projects you must try Paymo. You can create projects and tasks instantly and each task can have a unique note connected to each time entry. I have never had an issue tracking my tasks and projects with pin point accuracy.

I'm a web software developer servicing the Mining, Auto Motive and retail industries for over 20 years. Once I started using Paymo consistently I started seeing trends in my work flow never known before.

Paymo helps me show clients what amount of time goes into each project and task. Many times people will ask where time was spent and because of Paymo I'm able to give them detailed reports on exactly where my time went. I feel having these types of reports instantly builds confidence in my clients towards my organisation.

Learn more about Paymo

Paymo Videos

Learning about Paymo?

* We monitor all Paymo reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.