PayScale MarketPay

PayScale MarketPay

MarketPay is a compensation management and benchmarking software.

Work for PayScale MarketPay?

Learning about PayScale MarketPay?

PayScale MarketPay Reviews

Ask PayScale MarketPay a Question
Showing 27 PayScale MarketPay reviews
PayScale MarketPay review by Kelli H.
Kelli H.

"Great user experience and customer service!"

What do you like best?

The best part about the relationship with PayScale is their customer relations. They are FANTASTIC and making sure their product is successful in achieving your organization's compensation goals. The tool is very user friendly and I've had zero issues integrating additional surveys into our data sets. This has been an integral part of executing on our compensation philosophy.

What do you dislike?

I was really hoping that the market matches would populate on the output for discussion purposes within the organization. It's in the scope for future capabilities, but it is an important piece I wish was live now.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For MEM, their partnership with Mercer was a differentiator. We've used Mercer for several years to benchmark our organization, grade jobs, and offer recommendations on compensation in general. We are able to pull that analysis in-house with this tool and we're excited about where we will be able to take it as we implement our compensation philosophy and start making more data driven decisions.

We are able to regrade jobs much more cost effectively and efficiently than sending them off to a consultant. The analytics that PayScale provides helps us make data driven compensation decisions without a lot of time to pull reports out of our HRIS and analyze, it does it all for us. This has also given us piece of mind and confidence when we make offers to fill open positions that we are in alignment with the market and internal equity quickly in order to move on hiring and promotions.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about PayScale MarketPay
PayScale MarketPay review by Tony C.
Tony C.

"Takes the guess work out of pay!"

What do you like best?

Payscale is a great system that we use for multiple groups within our company. After deciding on our pay philosophy (do we want to lead, lag or match the market), payscale has taken all the guess work out of where to place people when they start with us as well as if we're over or underpaying each position.

What do you dislike?

The data can be cumbersome at times to upload and manipulate. But if you can get through the potentially difficult data piece the system can take care of the rest.

We initially had issues figuring out where to place new people when they started at our company, as well as difficulty figuring out if we were competitive with our pay or not. Payscale has helped us set goals to make sure we are paying where we want to pay, as well as helps us track annually what the market is doing in each of our positions. We also have a new rationale for where we place people initially on the pay scale.

What Compensation Management solution do you use?

PayScale MarketPay review by Bob S.
Bob S.

"Great tool to build manager engagement"

What do you like best?

Besides having all my survey sources in one place, the ability to share the information (specifically benchmarks) with my managers has allowed for greater engagement and understanding on the part of managers on how the market value of a job is determined.

What do you dislike?

There is not a job description tool as part of the MarketPay platform. You can store your job descriptionsin MarketPay but it would be extremely helpful have a robust JD writer within MarketPay.

Recommendations to others considering the product

MarketPay is a good tool for pricing your jobs especially if you have unique jobs that are combinations of different jobs. You can also build ranges and merit matrices from one database. What took days of analysis to do in the past can be done in hours.

The biggest problem was getting managers educated and understanding the market. Using MarketPay has improved manager understanding/acceptance as they have become an integral part of the benchmarking process via MarketPay.

PayScale MarketPay review by User in Medical Devices
User in Medical Devices

"Great Market pricing tool"

What do you like best?

The ease of pricing. Easy configuration. Ability to add fields and report off of them.

What do you dislike?

The quality of the Reporting module. The data is good and the module is easy enough to use however the formatting needs to be more robust. I would like a screen painter so I can create nice looking standard reports for myself. The provided canned reports have good data, but they are basically just data dumps of specific information. I don't like having to reformat a report every single time I export one to excel. Without nice looking reports, the export to pdf is worthless. Also, since we work with standalone companies that we have acquired which keep their name, the headers using out company name has to constantly be deleted and changed based on the report run. If I could paint my own report I'd be able to do this within the system so that the export would be specific to a company and the spacing would be appropriate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Upgrade the reporting function.

I would also like to see a module for merit increases where we could enter market data for each country and then a proposed merit increase for each country. In a previous job, I worked with PRISM and this was a phenomenal help to us.

I have been able to address Pay equity issues, gender equity issues and organizational issues. We acquire standalone companies and need to see how the senior level jobs compare to Corporate jobs. We were able to level set these acquired companies against corporate which was extremely valuable.

I also like being able to model structures separately for each of the businesses and then compare them to our corporate structures.

PayScale MarketPay review by Glenn S.
Glenn S.

"Well-thought out compensation software"

What do you like best?

The ease to benchmark new jobs and the thought put into the search functionality. Working with the company is incredibly easy.

What do you dislike?

The market pricing screen can be a little crowded with a lot of places and thingies to click. This is currently being revisited for a better UI, however.

I use this system every day to help managers understand their employee compensation. The built-in reporting functionality allows 1-click reporting that will display match, employee comp, and market data for managers. I can also tailor the reports to show the compensation elements important to the manager.

PayScale MarketPay review by Tim R.
Tim R.

"MarketPay Revolutionizes the market pricing process"

What do you like best?

Point-and-click pricing, flexibility of fields and screen elements in the interface, great reports, and most importantly, listening to their customers and developing enhancements based on customer feedback have been the best things about MarketPay. The dedicated and responsive client support is also a major value-add.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. We have been extremely satisfied with the MarketPay system and relationship.

We have been able to provide more transparency into the compensation function, increase the comfort and confidence of executives with our pricing process, and more accurately calculate our market position.

PayScale MarketPay review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"All inclusive market pricing tool"

What do you like best?

MarketPay is easy to use for market pricing our jobs and a breeze when it comes to participating in salary surveys.

What do you dislike?

It is a little slow and I wish I could stay logged in longer without having it log me off throughout the day.

I can get my leaders' buy in on the survey matches by first sharing the descriptions and then sharing the market data. We started doing more education to our leaders about compensation and market pricing and it is a big selling point to our leaders when we can tell them that we have a software tool that is specific to managing our salary surveys. MarketPay allows us to manage our data efficiently and report the data in a professional and easy to understand layout.

PayScale MarketPay review by Rhoda O.
Rhoda O.

"MarketPay Client"

What do you like best?

Implementation was quick and relatively easy, each year we are able to make enhancements and improve the output. Our Client Manager is always responsive and makes herself available to help with whatever we may need.

What do you dislike?

We do seem to have a decent amount of reporting issues due to the way data is loaded. Sometimes it is our fault, but sometimes it is not.

Streamlined salary survey participation and compensation analyses, more sustainable cost structure, and efficiency created capacity within internal resources.

"Love Marketpay!"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, flexible reporting, all of my data in one place, great customer service.

What do you dislike?

Searching could be easier. I would like a way to inactivate jobs so I can still keep the history but not have them show up in searches and reports without having to filter them out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best option for the best price! I have no complaints! It does everything we need it to.

We use the system for all of our market pricing, and also for executive reports regarding proposed changes to salary schedules and salaries. It is a huge time-saver because our HRIS, Banner, requires custom coding to produce these types of reports.

PayScale MarketPay review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Excellent way to price and store salary ranges!"

What do you like best?

MarketPay is very user-friendly and customizable to meet the needs of the user. I have added several user defined fields in the tool to assist me with my reporting. MarketPay is a great way to price salary ranges using data points from multiple surveys, and store salary ranges in an accessible location for many different users.

What do you dislike?

The one disadvantage of the MarketPay system is that an auto-feed cannot be created from MarketPay to the HRIS to load salary ranges. However, a salary range report can easily be pulled and loaded into the HRIS.

Assists with salary range creation, salary range review, and completing compensation surveys.

PayScale MarketPay review by Natalia F.
Natalia F.

"I use PayScale at work and it is very accurate "

What do you like best?

I can run different reports at the same time and work with a salary range that fit my organization knowing if came from a good resource

What do you dislike?

At the moment nothing came to my mind, we have been working with PayScale without problems.

We work with government proposals and offering them a salary range is something that has helped us a lot.

PayScale MarketPay review by User in Insurance
User in Insurance

"Intuitive and Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

MarketPay is intuitive and easy to use for market pricing. I like how all of the various pieces of information are linked and connected. All of the delivered reports are also a nice, quick resource tool.

What do you dislike?

When refreshing our active jobs, it would be nice to have a process to remove those from the system that have been deactivated. Those currently need to be manually cared for and get forgotten quite often. I would also like to see a module for merit increase modeling.

Marketing pricing, slotting, survey participation and management, and reporting.

PayScale MarketPay review by Jeannie C.
Jeannie C.

"MarketPay Review"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use and the ability to change views

What do you dislike?

The lack of integration with Workday for employee data transfer. We have to manually complete an upload template each month

We utilize MarketPay to compare our employee population to market. This helps us determine competitive pay as we branch into different markets

PayScale MarketPay review by Internal Consultant in Hospital & Health Care
Internal Consultant in Hospital & Health Care

"MarketPay is helping us save time with our Surveys"

What do you like best?

Flexibility, great out-of-the-box reports that can be customized.

What do you dislike?

Some tools aren't as intuitive as I hoped.

Recommendations to others considering the product

PayScale MarketPay is a great combination. PayScale is employee-sourced fresh data, and MarketPay allows you to manage traditional survey data.

Will save us hours of manual work matching our annual survey data to our jobs each year, and it will save us a great deal of time participating in surveys. Will also save us time as we model our annual Compensation program each year.

PayScale MarketPay review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"MarketPay"

What do you like best?

Very knowledgeable and helpful and accessible staff. The ability also to store our survey data and easily pull marketdata into pricings is a huge time and cost savings for our company.

What do you dislike?

Screens can jump when inputting data or work on a pricing. that makes it a bit tedious at times. Uploading complex organizations HRIS data is difficulty.

Time in being able to price a position and produce a quality report easily.

PayScale MarketPay review by User in Real Estate
User in Real Estate

"PayScale MarketPay has been a great partner."

What do you like best?

I have used MarketPay for over 5 years and now with the new partnership with PayScale I have even better customer service and wider variety of sources to utilize.

What do you dislike?

As of today I do not have any dislikes of the product.

I use the system for all my job pricing needs and use forums for best practices and a learning tool.

"Compensation Analyst"

What do you like best?

It is very easy to use and is easy to pull data to explain to customers.

What do you dislike?

So far I like everything. I am still learning the system so things I may dislike are usually user error and once my consultant helps me I am very pleased.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great product that has srteamlined our efficiency.

We were creating our pay structure by Excel spreadsheet. Marketpay has given us the ability to quickly answer surveys and pull survey data. The reporting analytics have been a great addition to our compensation team.

PayScale MarketPay review by Heather H.
Heather H.

"Time Savor!"

What do you like best?

The ease in pricing jobs and completing market comparisions

What do you dislike?

Unable to pull employee report with job market pricing

We needed a solution that allowed us to quickly market price jobs and complete competitive compensation analysis. Using MarketPay we can quickly turn around market pricing requests and evaluate jobs compared to market and range.

PayScale MarketPay review by User in Utilities
User in Utilities

"Market Pay By EC"

What do you like best?

The reports allow me to analyze data faster

What do you dislike?

The new data analytics is confusing and I need more training on it

We needed a tool that can market price our jobs quickly and give us reports and visuals that help us make a case.

PayScale MarketPay review by Administrator in Renewables & Environment
Administrator in Renewables & Environment

"Market Pay Review"

What do you like best?

The ability to house all our survey data in one place.

What do you dislike?

Would prefer to be more robust on the international space, regarding loading allowances as part of the standard survey loads.

Ability to create merit models that allows to realize real cost amounts.

PayScale MarketPay review by Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management
Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"PayScale is the only way to go!"

What do you like best?

PayScale is easy to use. It is an easy program to add information, review, pull reports and connect with the market trends.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I don't like about PayScale

Recommendations to others considering the product

You have to try it to believe it, it's so easy. Customer service is top notch.

Ensuring employees pay matches the market. Benefits are the reports to see how we are aligned with other jobs and companies. Benefits are the easy reports you can print.

PayScale MarketPay review by Administrator

"Great tool for market pricing"

What do you like best?

The tool is easy to use and pretty intuitive. The survey participation feature is a true time saver!!

What do you dislike?

Writing reports is a bit cumbersome--haven't been able to get at some of the data points I would like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have used Mercer ePrism and MarketPay is a bit more user friendly and the reports are a lot easier, although still not simple.

Market pricing our jobs and salary survey management

PayScale MarketPay review by User

"not clear on what this is asking"

What do you like best?

Search features for positions in surveys

What do you dislike?

some of the analytics. they can be difficult to use.

with market pay I evaluate the market data for new and existing positions

PayScale MarketPay review by Administrator in Hospital & Health Care
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"Solid inclusive comparison tool"

What do you like best?

I like the varying information based on specific factors that are individualized for our organization, the specific job responsibilities and employee preferences.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there are not equal comparisons within our non-profit specialties.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend reviewing and updating job descriptions before starting the process.

PayScale is not only helping in our recruitment and competitiveness, but it is helpful in sharing with current employees that they are valued.

PayScale MarketPay review by Executive Sponsor in Publishing
Executive Sponsor in Publishing

"CHRO and over 25 years in hr eadership role"

What do you like best?

the ease of use and the broad coverage of positions and market places

What do you dislike?

the confidence level of results will vary dramatically with like explanation

we operate in 4 distinct markets and PS has helped in providing more targeted comp date for a host of positions. we have been able to better position offers based on local data so negotiations have been informed.

PayScale MarketPay review by Julie C.
Julie C.

"PayScale"

What do you like best?

Ability to develop internal reports and charts.

What do you dislike?

State Policy job descriptions and titles

Competitive Salaries

PayScale MarketPay review by Administrator in Utilities
Administrator in Utilities

"Great system"

What do you like best?

Survey submission process is priceless! Client manager Alex Clayton is great

What do you dislike?

Data upload templates. Would like a more automated process. This is more of an issue on my end than on market pay.

Benchmarking, survey submission

Learn more about PayScale MarketPay

PayScale MarketPay Videos

Learning about PayScale MarketPay?

* We monitor all PayScale MarketPay reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.