PayScale MarketPay

PayScale MarketPay

MarketPay is a compensation management and benchmarking software.

Work for PayScale MarketPay?

Learning about PayScale MarketPay?

Compare PayScale MarketPay to Similar Solutions

PayScale MarketPay Reviews

Ask PayScale MarketPay a Question
Showing 27 PayScale MarketPay reviews
PayScale MarketPay review by <span>Kelli H.</span>
Kelli H.

Great user experience and customer service!

What do you like best?

The best part about the relationship with PayScale is their customer relations. They are FANTASTIC and making sure their product is successful in achieving your organization's compensation goals. The tool is very user friendly and I've had zero issues integrating additional surveys into our data sets. This has been an integral part of executing on our compensation philosophy.

What do you dislike?

I was really hoping that the market matches would populate on the output for discussion purposes within the organization. It's in the scope for future capabilities, but it is an important piece I wish was live now.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For MEM, their partnership with Mercer was a differentiator. We've used Mercer for several years to benchmark our organization, grade jobs, and offer recommendations on compensation in general. We are able to pull that analysis in-house with this tool and we're excited about where we will be able to take it as we implement our compensation philosophy and start making more data driven decisions.

We are able to regrade jobs much more cost effectively and efficiently than sending them off to a consultant. The analytics that PayScale provides helps us make data driven compensation decisions without a lot of time to pull reports out of our HRIS and analyze, it does it all for us. This has also given us piece of mind and confidence when we make offers to fill open positions that we are in alignment with the market and internal equity quickly in order to move on hiring and promotions.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about PayScale MarketPay
PayScale MarketPay review by <span>Tony C.</span>
Tony C.
Invitation from G2 Crowd on behalf of the vendor

Takes the guess work out of pay!

What do you like best?

Payscale is a great system that we use for multiple groups within our company. After deciding on our pay philosophy (do we want to lead, lag or match the market), payscale has taken all the guess work out of where to place people when they start with us as well as if we're over or underpaying each position.

What do you dislike?

The data can be cumbersome at times to upload and manipulate. But if you can get through the potentially difficult data piece the system can take care of the rest.

We initially had issues figuring out where to place new people when they started at our company, as well as difficulty figuring out if we were competitive with our pay or not. Payscale has helped us set goals to make sure we are paying where we want to pay, as well as helps us track annually what the market is doing in each of our positions. We also have a new rationale for where we place people initially on the pay scale.

What Compensation Management solution do you use?

PayScale MarketPay review by <span>Bob S.</span>
Bob S.
Invitation from G2 Crowd on behalf of the vendor

Great tool to build manager engagement

What do you like best?

Besides having all my survey sources in one place, the ability to share the information (specifically benchmarks) with my managers has allowed for greater engagement and understanding on the part of managers on how the market value of a job is determined.

What do you dislike?

There is not a job description tool as part of the MarketPay platform. You can store your job descriptionsin MarketPay but it would be extremely helpful have a robust JD writer within MarketPay.

Recommendations to others considering the product

MarketPay is a good tool for pricing your jobs especially if you have unique jobs that are combinations of different jobs. You can also build ranges and merit matrices from one database. What took days of analysis to do in the past can be done in hours.

The biggest problem was getting managers educated and understanding the market. Using MarketPay has improved manager understanding/acceptance as they have become an integral part of the benchmarking process via MarketPay.

PayScale MarketPay review by User in Medical Devices
User in Medical Devices

Great Market pricing tool

What do you like best?

The ease of pricing. Easy configuration. Ability to add fields and report off of them.

What do you dislike?

The quality of the Reporting module. The data is good and the module is easy enough to use however the formatting needs to be more robust. I would like a screen painter so I can create nice looking standard reports for myself. The provided canned reports have good data, but they are basically just data dumps of specific information. I don't like having to reformat a report every single time I export one to excel. Without nice looking reports, the export to pdf is worthless. Also, since we work with standalone companies that we have acquired which keep their name, the headers using out company name has to constantly be deleted and changed based on the report run. If I could paint my own report I'd be able to do this within the system so that the export would be specific to a company and the spacing would be appropriate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Upgrade the reporting function.

I would also like to see a module for merit increases where we could enter market data for each country and then a proposed merit increase for each country. In a previous job, I worked with PRISM and this was a phenomenal help to us.

I have been able to address Pay equity issues, gender equity issues and organizational issues. We acquire standalone companies and need to see how the senior level jobs compare to Corporate jobs. We were able to level set these acquired companies against corporate which was extremely valuable.

I also like being able to model structures separately for each of the businesses and then compare them to our corporate structures.

PayScale MarketPay review by <span>Glenn S.</span>
Glenn S.

Well-thought out compensation software

What do you like best?

The ease to benchmark new jobs and the thought put into the search functionality. Working with the company is incredibly easy.

What do you dislike?

The market pricing screen can be a little crowded with a lot of places and thingies to click. This is currently being revisited for a better UI, however.

I use this system every day to help managers understand their employee compensation. The built-in reporting functionality allows 1-click reporting that will display match, employee comp, and market data for managers. I can also tailor the reports to show the compensation elements important to the manager.

PayScale MarketPay review by <span>Tim R.</span>
Tim R.

MarketPay Revolutionizes the market pricing process

What do you like best?

Point-and-click pricing, flexibility of fields and screen elements in the interface, great reports, and most importantly, listening to their customers and developing enhancements based on customer feedback have been the best things about MarketPay. The dedicated and responsive client support is also a major value-add.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. We have been extremely satisfied with the MarketPay system and relationship.

We have been able to provide more transparency into the compensation function, increase the comfort and confidence of executives with our pricing process, and more accurately calculate our market position.

Learn more about PayScale MarketPay

PayScale MarketPay Videos

Learning about PayScale MarketPay?

* We monitor all PayScale MarketPay reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.

Compare PayScale MarketPay to Similar Solutions