PDFShift

Generate a fully structured, almost identical to the source, PDF document, in a few seconds only.

Work for PDFShift?

Learning about PDFShift?

PDFShift Reviews

Ask PDFShift a Question
Showing 15 PDFShift reviews
PDFShift review by Samuel G.
Samuel G.

"The best pdf converter for me"

What do you like best?

pdfshift works very good with my css and it has a decent amount of requests free!

What do you dislike?

Honestly there is nothing I dislike so far. Maybe that it is not completly free but I didn't find a better / cheaper one so it is the best

I have to send a bill as an attachment in a mail. This bill has quite complex css (relative width and height, position absolute, tables, @page ect.) and I tried first with tcpdf but almost nothing is supported there so I changed to mPDF which was way better but position: absolute didn't work. I struggled many many hours and tried few others but pdfshift works the best with my css and it has a decent amount of requests free! Very cool thank you.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about PDFShift
PDFShift review by Sascha G.
Sascha G.

"Nothing is perfect, but PDFShift tends into the right direction"

What do you like best?

I tried so many converters and after some mails back and forth, PDFShift does exactly, what i need. The support is super friendly and very quick, so it didn't take long to integrate PDFShift into my existing workflow.

What do you dislike?

The only thing i noticed when discovering PDFShift a few months ago is, that they include a meta comment that says "Created by PDFShift" (or similar). While this might be okay in most cases, there should be an option (paid?) to remove this information. Not every company (especially those, which are located in the EU) don't want to disclose, that they are using an external service to create their documents (e.g. invoices or other documents, including sensitive informations).

We are currently using PDFShift to automate the creation of service contracts.

What File Converter solution do you use?

PDFShift review by Jordan K.
Jordan K.

"Dynamic #PDF generation was never easier"

What do you like best?

The simple and intuitive usage. You'll register and get directly an api key. The api is straight forward and good documented.

What do you dislike?

Nothing special. Probably I would say the pricing is too high, - but this depends on the viewport I guess. For a big company its a no-brainer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just test it out. You'll get 300 converstions for free every month and can increase this without costs if you are doing some steps.

We needed to export user data into a good readable format and send it via e-mail to our customers. We were already able to generate a nice looking webpage (HTML) but we needed a PDF to send it to the customers. So we looked how we can accomplish that. Most packages or services are just not that good.. they don't support css or just very old css tags or they require a desktop environment (instead of a headless server).

PDFShift just worked and it's fast.

PDFShift review by Ryan B.
Ryan B.

"Easy Integration - Does Exactly What We Need"

What do you like best?

The integration was simple and support was quick to respond to any concerns we had during the initial setup.

It's also great that they offer a sandbox version that we can use in our test environments without getting charged.

What do you dislike?

It would be great if there was an easy to access dashboard that kept track of usage as well as recently created PDFs. It's not necessary, but it would be nice to ensure all of the recent documents created by PDFShift look correct.

PDFShift allows us to automate social media reporting for our customers.

PDFShift review by Lukas K.
Lukas K.

"Very easy and reliable"

What do you like best?

- ease of the API

- quality of results

- reliability of the API

What do you dislike?

- no credit-based pricing, only (for our use-case) unflexible monthly plans

Instead of having to set up a bunch of libraries ourselves, that all either do not work at all or yield broken results, we now use PDFShift to generate PDF-invoices without much hassle.

PDFShift review by Aaron B.
Aaron B.

"Easy and developer-oriented API"

What do you like best?

The API is very easy to use and adapted to our needs. The customer support is awesome too.

What do you dislike?

Some security stuff is not working well for the moment

No need to install a heavy, complex PDF library. The generation of bills is made very simple.

PDFShift review by Yaniv B.
Yaniv B.

"Good product and service"

What do you like best?

Responsive service, good product that succeeds to convert web pages that other converters I checked didn't.

What do you dislike?

Not being able to send invoices to a different email than account's email.

Automatic transmission of invoices to customers. Benefits are time saving and manual work reducing.

PDFShift review by Billy B.
Billy B.

"Perfect rendering, easy to setup and use. "

What do you like best?

Setting up was super easy. Use the api key and the PHP curl snippet provided on their website, and it worked right away. The dev mode enabled to test for free very easily.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I have found yet to dislike.

Open source solutions for rendering pdf are all imperfect. Some don't render css rules properly, others render images, thus making resolution very low. With pdfshift, the pdf rendered is just perfect.

PDFShift review by Greg R.
Greg R.

"Super Easy Way to Create PDFs"

What do you like best?

The API is super easy to use and there is good documentation. I was able to create PDFs in minutes. There are several methods for creating a PDF.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found anything that I really dislike.

We were creating PDFs through PHP using fPDF. This was time-consuming and difficult to create. With PDFShift we have been able to do the same thing in about a tenth of the time.

PDFShift review by shashank s.
shashank s.

"Very good tool"

What do you like best?

Document generate in better format can add css

What do you dislike?

Fonts can't be add and Arabic language did not work

I was having problems generating pdf and i could solve them with this

PDFShift review by Hugo A.
Hugo A.

"The simplest way to generate PDFs "

What do you like best?

No dependencies, no code wrangling and simple api

What do you dislike?

Nothing until now. I'd love to have some styling feature

Using npm packages to solve something that should be simple

PDFShift review by User in Internet

"Very user-friendly documentation"

What do you like best?

Documentation seems pretty straight-forward and the API makes sense overall.

What do you dislike?

Can’t use it offline. This is a bit of an inherent limitation on any API, but some of our developers are offline when they code. It’s not a huge drawback. I wish I had the chance to evaluate it more. Perhaps some more demonstrated use cases and walkthroughs could help. For example, more on handling images (logos), digital signing, generating from HTML with Bootstrap.

This was a solution to create leases on the fly.

PDFShift review by Vivek B.
Vivek B.

"Sitecore CMS Developer review"

What do you like best?

Its easy to implement PDF stuff with pdfshift

What do you dislike?

May be need more customization option with respect to export, But existing option suits best. May be it can be optimized. to get Images too.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just use it.. Its easy to implement and time saver.

Export feature.

PDFShift review by Executive Sponsor in Information Technology and Services
Executive Sponsor in Information Technology and Services

"Great tool for html to pdf conversion"

What do you like best?

It's simple to plug into their API and they have great support.

What do you dislike?

Could be more friendly to CSS3 attributes

We wanted to make html to pdf a lot easier and make invoices look much better.

PDFShift review by User in Computer Software

"Lots of PDF APIs to use, this one is just fine"

What do you like best?

I like that there is thorough documentation

What do you dislike?

It is a little clunky to use sometimes, and there are a lot of other options available

We're using this to generate invoices/estimates that are populated from our DB to be sent out as as PDF attachment to an email

Learning about PDFShift?

* We monitor all PDFShift reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.