PDQ Deploy

4.9
(10 reviews)

PDQ Deploy is a software deployment tool used to keep Windows PCs up-to-date without leaving your chair or bothering end users.

Work for PDQ Deploy?

Learning about PDQ Deploy?

PDQ Deploy Reviews

Showing 10 PDQ Deploy reviews
PDQ Deploy review by Wesley S.
Wesley S.

"PDQ Deploy is fantastic"

What do you like best?

I love being able to update every computer on my network at the same time. For example the other day, our plant was having issues using our new ERP client because Flash was out of date. I simply went in created a depployment , and deployed it to all computers silently.

What do you dislike?

Some software is missing. I would like to be able to add my current ERP application, but there are some steps that you have to do to get it to work. It would be nice if I could deploy the application I already have setup.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend the enterprise version, so you get software that works without having to configure it.

I deploy software without having to bother the users.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about PDQ Deploy
PDQ Deploy review by David J.
David J.

"PDQ Deploy is the MOST VALUABLE tool in the toolbox!"

What do you like best?

What can I say? PDQ Deploy is the best investment I've ever made in software. It allows me so much granular control over deploying software updates, as well as scheduling scripts or jobs to run for selected computers or groups of computers. I really don't know how I would have managed this without PDQ Deploy. The price is amazingly inexpensive compared to some of the other solutions that perform the same function and they keep releasing new and better features. Wow!

What do you dislike?

I couldn't come up with anything that I dislike at all. This is the best solution available for anywhere near the cost of PDQ Deploy. I absolutely love it and couldn't do my job without it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Buy it. If you need to install, patch and/or update software or run commands and scripts on multiple computers, this is your solution. Period.

I needed a solution to allow me to automatically keep certain software and updates current on computers after normal work hours and for selected groups of computers. This does that easily. I also needed the ability to remotely run scripts or commands on selected computers on schedules that I could define for selected computers or groups of computers. This does that easily. I am able to leverage myself to better maintain and support over 200 workstations and 35 servers by myself and a lot of that is due to PDQ Deploy.

What Patch Management solution do you use?

PDQ Deploy review by Administrator in Health, Wellness and Fitness
Administrator in Health, Wellness and Fitness

"PDQ Is An Amazing Tool!"

What do you like best?

Using PDQ Deploy we can target devices by name, by IP, by make, by model, by memory - any number of different options! I can target an entire OU, an AD Group, or a single device. Where many products are designed to hit only a wide swath of the network, PDQ can be used to snipe and target specific devices delivering only the necessary updates/files.

What do you dislike?

Quite honestly - there is nothing I do not like about PDQ Deploy, we have actually expanded our licensing over the years to include more members of our team. If anything, I guess I would say the licensing, as they are a named user license rather than concurrent users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

PDQ is an uncomplicated installation - when you implement it you will want to do it in a central server mode and install it on your administrator's workstations. Everything still runs from the central server, but it makes life easier for the admins.

Target updates, system reports that can be written on the fly. Using a mixture of PDQ Deploy and PDQ Inventory we can easily determine how many of our systems are running a specific out of date application, or when they were last rebooted. The product is extremely versatile and the vendor is very responsive to suggestions/problems.

PDQ Deploy review by Ashton B.
Ashton B.

"The easiest method of deployment on the market for SMB firm's."

What do you like best?

The best part of PDQ is that everything flows naturally. Coming from a KACE appliance which had a language of it's own, PDQ has simplified our life.

What do you dislike?

The largest thing I disklike is that Inventory is a second product instead of included. But for the price these products are a steal.

We solve being able to deploy a new user in two hours from start to finish. We also use it to maintain Windows updates, other software updates, in addition to new software rollsouts. It allwos for the simplest automation around.

PDQ Deploy review by Administrator

"Ease of use for deploying software"

What do you like best?

Ability to install any software including ones that require installation using custom scripts and configurations. Ability to push software, registry changes, desktop icons, etc.

What do you dislike?

Complex setup for creating infrastructure with multiple locations where you only want deployment to work over the LAN and have packages replicated across various local distribution points

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out, it is very affordable and meets all requirements for remote deployment of software, packages, configurations, etc.

Problem: Standardized configurations

Solution: Trying PDQ Deploy as well as Desktop Central. PDQ is tailed for deployment only and is the most powerful solution I have seen. Desktop Central is a complete management solution and currently testing Desktop Central.

PDQ Deploy review by Michael N.
Michael N.

"Great software for easy and fast deployment"

What do you like best?

It was easy to set up and use for a quick software deployment. They also have an inventory feature that helps scour the network for devices so you don't have to integrate with AD or other product.

What do you dislike?

nothing specifically about the product. It is not great for poorly managed environments.

Recommendations to others considering the product

the free trial is very helpful in determining if you need to purchase it for the other features.

automated software deployment that didn't require user interaction

PDQ Deploy review by Genesis P.
Genesis P.

"Good Tool to the implementation of patches in Windows"

What do you like best?

It is a very easy to use tool and has constant updates, also patches and no only Windows but Java and Adobe as well. Something very good is that integrates with Active Directory.

What do you dislike?

It is a very good sotfware and should have support for other platfoms such as OS X or Linux.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good support system I recommend it without thinking

PDQ has helped keep the operating system fully functional with patch updates.

PDQ Deploy review by Brett D.
Brett D.

"Extremely Useful "

What do you like best?

I love the ability to do a lot of my job with out leaving the desk.

What do you dislike?

The cost is a bit hard to get our small business management to approve.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of the trial, and if you need more time ask for an extension.

We needed to be able to push software packages to multiple stations while the station was in use. PDQ Deploy can do it!

"PDQ inventory"

What do you like best?

PDQ is great to use. It speeds up my imaging process. I especially like being able to access the several ore built packages from the library, such as dot net framework 4.0

What do you dislike?

I wish I could create packages easier. Some help tools would be nice.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use

Prebuilt packages

Goes with PDQ inventory

Tracks machines well

All our imaging, updating goes through this software.

PDQ Deploy review by Administrator

"PDQ Deploy software review "

What do you like best?

we use this software to deploy software packages and security updates to various applications

What do you dislike?

Custom deployments can be cumbersome to create and use, especially for new users

Recommendations to others considering the product

give it a demo try

keeping company vulnerabilities addressed with packaged updates

Learning about PDQ Deploy?

* We monitor all PDQ Deploy reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.