Pear Deck

Create beautiful interactive lessons, presentations, and assessments to engage every student.

Work for Pear Deck?

Learning about Pear Deck?

Categories

Pear Deck Reviews

Showing 14 Pear Deck reviews
Pear Deck review by Avery L.
Avery L.

"Pear Deck Is a Worthy Competitor"

What do you like best?

Pear Deck has had a makeover in recent weeks and is working hard to keep up with the many competitor software in the interactive slideshow realm - being directly connected to your Google Drive account is a plus since you can grab your files from the Google Drive rather than start from scratch.

What do you dislike?

I am still receiving error messages whenever I attempt to start a new deck. Hopefully the bugs and glitches will be smoothed out now that the new version has been launched.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Couple Pear Deck with other softwares such as Google Classroom or Nearpod to enhance the 21st century classroom feel. Also let the company know you are an educator and are exploring alternative software for your class and you will be able to get a trial to their premium plan for a year.

Pear Deck is another interactive tool I use in my upper-level law course to engage the students' participation. Boring PowerPoint slides can no longer keep the attention of my students, most of whom are millennials, and Pear Deck introduces a new way to keep their eyes glued to the screen and the students feel like there is more at stake for them when viewing a Pear Deck lesson and answering questions from the slides.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Pear Deck
Pear Deck review by Hummer, J.
Hummer, J.

"Not bad for free"

What do you like best?

Pear Deck allows teachers to display multiple student responses which support facilitation of open-ended conversations. You can also share your presentations (or notes) with students, so they have instant study guides.

What do you dislike?

Only one or two student responses show up at a time, so it's challenging to discuss more than one student response at a time. The equation editor is lacking. It's not easy to use Pear Deck in math classes (especially Geometry). It's also difficult to construct shapes with the current drawing tools.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great product to use in your classrooms if students do not need to create diagrams or use much mathematics notation.

Pear Deck is a tool that supports open-ended student discussion. It also allows students to interact directly with mathematics tasks.

What Study Tools solution do you use?

"Wonderful teaching tool"

What do you like best?

I love the various options that I can use for students to demonstrate their knowledge and understanding. I have been using it for formative assessments, and the options to write, illustrate, pick answers, etc. are wonderful. It is so easy and straightforward to use! I also love that I can project student work without showing their names so that we can learn together.

What do you dislike?

I wish some of the options were available in the free version, such as the drawing tool. I also wish there was a way to save the illustrations that students submit.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for a straightforward tool for formative assessments that also engages students, this is a great tool! I love all the different options that you can use to help students demonstrate their learning and understanding. Wonderful tool. :)

I love to use Pear Deck for formative assessments, and it's helped me gain instant data and give instant feedback.

User in Education Management

"Bringing an Informational Presentation to EACH Device in the Classroom"

What do you like best?

What I like best about Pear Deck is the many options I have as a presenter in my classroom. I can present information at my place or I can allow students to control the pace individually. Additionally, I can insert survey or multiple choice questions for real time feedback!

What do you dislike?

Many of the question choice options were preset and didn't allow me much creativity. It may have been a a bandwidth problem but there was lagging issues during the presentation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If individual student interaction is what you are looking for, Pear Deck is for you!

Pear Deck allows me to push a presentation to each of my students which removes the need for close proximity to the front of the room for visually impaired students unnecessary.

User in Education Management

"Great interactive presentation software!"

What do you like best?

Slide decks are so often boring and lesson life-drainers, especially for students, Not only is Pear Deck not boring, but its built in interactivity makes it useful as a learning tool, and a way to see where students (and adults!) are in a presentation, and to get valuable information.

What do you dislike?

Integration with other systems--like Google Slides and Powerpoint, can be tough, and importing decks you've already made doesn't always go smoothly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get good at building slides in Pear Deck, and using the interactivity features, rather than building them in another software and trying to import.

Presenting slides is hard, especially when you need to keep them lively and engaging. With Pear Deck, I can build in places where the people I'm presenting to interact, and it gives me valuable information about students or the people in workshops.

User in Education Management

"Perfect for a math class"

What do you like best?

I love that I can see individual student responses and tailor my Pear Decks to exactly what they need. Students can interact with little social risk and can feel free to make mistakes.

What do you dislike?

This technology works wonderfully for the traditional math or reading teachers, however it does not work as well for music and other subjects. I find myself having to think out of the box to be able to use this software in the way I would like to use it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I love that PEar Deck has everything saved for me and I can use it from year to year. I wish there were more tools available for interaction though.

Our school has 1:1 technology. Pear Deck is a way for us to utilize these tools in a meaningful way.

Pear Deck review by Administrator in Primary/Secondary Education
Administrator in Primary/Secondary Education

"Incredible add-on for Google Slides to make any presentation interactive"

What do you like best?

Able to add questions, polls, and other items to a Google Slides presentation to get instant feedback from audience. Also, they've added a vocabulary tool that is excellent for students to use to build Quizlets they can study from

What do you dislike?

My only wish would be the cost would be a little lower but it is totally justified with how great the tool is

Provides instant feedback on audiences understanding of a topic and allows you to differentiate for your audience

User in Education Management

"Engage Students in the Prsentation"

What do you like best?

This product allows you to engage students by polling, integrating quick formative assessments, and competition.

What do you dislike?

This product can be bit pricey for educators

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you area Google Suits for Education user, this product is available as an add on in the add-on's section in Google Slides. This is an AWESOME tool.

This product helps to keep down with students not being on task during whole group lecture and instructions. It helps to keep students on pace with the teacher.

Pear Deck review by User in Primary/Secondary Education
User in Primary/Secondary Education

"Fabulous presentation software!"

What do you like best?

Pear Deck allows us to easily create interactive presentations, both synchronous and asynchronous. We can track participants responses for further support. The company provides thorough and ongoing support.

What do you dislike?

I dislike nothing about the software. I would love to choose from more graphics, but I'm able to import what I need.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Customer support is wonderful--ongoing just-in-time training is significant.

Asynchronous participation is necessary for my department. Pear Deck makes that easy!

Pear Deck review by Erin A.
Erin A.

"Simple Data Exchange for Learning"

What do you like best?

The interface is very simple, and I like the connectivity.

What do you dislike?

Not as good for conference calls and large international bases, would need a more advanced platform.

Great for showing images and slides, and also for receiving info, but needs more work for conference calls.

Pear Deck review by User in Higher Education

"PearDeck Enhances Classroom Experience"

What do you like best?

PearDeck makes it really easy for to engage the classroom with the material through interactive questions. It's a great way to see if the material is being retained and processed and to have discussions on topics that matter.

What do you dislike?

The interface can be a little bit clunky at first.

Particularly in larger classrooms, it is difficult to quickly assess how well the material is being learned and what areas are challenging. PearDeck helps to narrow that down.

User in Education Management

"Pear Deck - Best tool for student engagement"

What do you like best?

Easy application for teachers to quickly turn their powerpoint into interactive and engaging presentation.

What do you dislike?

Slide editing ability once Google slides or PPT is imported into Pear Deck.

Turning boring classroom lectures into interactive presentations with instant feedback from students.

Pear Deck review by User in Primary/Secondary Education
User in Primary/Secondary Education

"Helpful and Engaging App"

What do you like best?

I like that students are allowed to interact as I am presenting the Slides.

What do you dislike?

I wish it was a bit more easy to connect to.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it! It'll help with quick feedback for students to teacher.

I'm able to get questions from students as I'm presenting.

User in Education Management

"Peardeck in the Classroom "

What do you like best?

The ability to save information for later data disaggregation.

What do you dislike?

The cost to have certain features, especially the higher level questioning.

Data collection for formative assessment in the classroom.

Learning about Pear Deck?

* We monitor all Pear Deck reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
Categories