What do you like best?
I have been working with Pega for past seven years and below are the key things that I like the most -
1. Pega keeps evolving with time. I find it a lot more easier to develop BPM application using Pega these days compared to seven years ago.
2. Pega has succeeded to provide a faster and easier development experience over time.
3. Pega provides excellent support to the issues faced developers which are reported in the forms of SR.
4. Integration with different systems has become easier with Pega over time.
5. Developing attractive UI used to be a lot of pain in Pega even a few years back but not anymore.
6. OOTB handy features have improved over time significantly.
What do you dislike?
Over the years I have witnessed Pega making huge progress in every aspect where a developer would want this to excel. I think Pega could become even more powerful tool if -
1. More handy OOTB features are added.
2. OOTB product packaging features are made more easier/faster.
3. Performance monitoring is improved.
Recommendations to others considering the product
Pega is an excellent choice for implementing applications in an agile way. As a Pega developer with seven years of experience in application development for major clients spread all over the world, I can state with full confidence that I am satisfied using Pega across the different stages of project life cycle - starting from requirement capturing to design, development and application deployment. I would also like to express my thanks to Pega community to for providing extensive support to developers when needed. Looking forward to use a more enriched and science fiction like version of Pega soon.
What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?
I have developed applications for major insurance clients which help them run their business. Across different clients and over past seven years, I have been involved in projects which have -
1. Replaced existing manual intensive business processes with less manual intensive/fully automated Pega work flows.
2. Replaced existing systems (member management/ complaint management etc) with solutions built on Pega platform.