Pendo

Pendo helps product teams deliver software users love. Pendo captures product usage patterns and user feedback, and lets you communicate in-app to onboard, educate and guide users to value.

Work for Pendo?

Learning about Pendo?

Pendo Reviews

Ask Pendo a Question
Showing 61 Pendo reviews
Pendo review by <span>Art G.</span>
Art G.

"Great tool for our Product and Customer Success Teams! "

What do you like best?

To start off, it was very easy to integrate into our platform and get the data rolling.

Setting up and configuring Pendo was very easy and I was surprised how quickly we were able to see the value of the tool.

I love being able to quickly view how a certain client is using our product and have the ability to drill down and see more granular data about their usage.

One of my favorite features is the ability to tag a feature and have Pendo pull the data retroactively. This is a priceless feature that I was wish more tools had.

What do you dislike?

I wish it had a more accurate way of tracking feature usage instead of just clicks on an element.

It currently lacks the ability to create scheduled reports that can be exported into a different system.

Usage permissions are very limited

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it! Pendo is flexible with setting up an extended trial so you can see the value of the tool.

It allows us to be more proactive with our clients and being able to quickly see who's engaged, who needs more training, and get client feedback.

Our Product team can get a clear view of feature usage and make data driven decisions on the roadmap.

Being able to not only measure feature adoption, but also see how our users move through our application.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Pendo
Pendo review by <span>Christopher R.</span>
Christopher R.

"Great tool made even better by the people providing it"

What do you like best?

I'm going to cheat on this one right out of the gate and call it a three-way tie:

1. Extremely receptive product team - sat down with me, got my feedback on some features they'd just added and helped me leverage just what I was asking for.

2. Amazing support team - not just the "CEO told us he'd be slow to respond for a day or two because he was getting married" level of insane commitment to us as a customer, but just the day to day, if we need anything, the Pendo team is ON IT.

3. Software itself - Easy to use, gives us what we need and more.

What do you dislike?

Uhhhhhhhhh I guess some pages could load a little faster, MAYBE? But our use case also involves trying to drink from a firehose data-wise so even this one's understandable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just go for it, the only thing you really have to lose is the time you're going to spend customizing your instance to get a billion data points out of it.

User adoption data

User consumption data

Confirmation of usage

Weird other stuff (international users by language property kind of fun)

Actually being able to do the above without having to learn the full code base for my organization's platform? And having a tool I can train someone up on the basics of reporting from, in about 10 minutes.

What Digital Analytics solution do you use?

Pendo review by <span>Courtney C.</span>
Courtney C.

"Can't imagine not having Pendo! "

What do you like best?

Visibility into usage data has allowed us to begin developing a more robust health scoring methodology.

What do you dislike?

Polls - my understanding is you are limited to 1 question per guide, and have been wanting to incorporate a 2 part or 3 questions within a single lightbox guide. The workaround we used was to link to an external survey tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't feel like you have to tag every feature immediately. You can tag as you need to. Build in a process to update pages/tags with new feature releases.

Pendo assists multiple teams within our organization. Support can identify users that contact us for assistance to further troubleshoot to cut down on a lot of back and forth. For instance, if we have a user's email address and they don't identify their account name, we can look that up with segments. If they are having a technical issue, we can identify their browser. We can be less dependent on email communication when needing to send updates to users, and instead utilize lightbox guides to let people know about upcoming scheduled maintenances, new features that were released. We've also used Pendo to facilitate our NPS survey to identify promoters for marketing participation and passives to identify problem areas so we can more proactively address.

Pendo review by <span>Colin W.</span>
Colin W.

"Great tool for Product, Customer Success, and Support teams"

What do you like best?

Pendo strikes an excellent balance of aggregating usage data into useful analytics to determine trends and adoption, while still maintaining the precise usage detail on the individual visitor level to permit a deep dive into the data when necessary. As a leader on the Product team, the aggregated metrics have allowed us to make data-drives decisions on the development roadmap, and the individual visitor actions detail has allowed us to craft our application workflows to be intuitive and reduce user frustration.

Our Customer Success team appreciates the user segmentation abilities. It has allow their team to target application surveys to specific relevant user segments, and to target feature adoption campaigns to users where it will make the largest impact.

Our Support team is excited at the prospect of utilizing the integration between Pendo and our CRM to provide context surrounding accounts and their users when fielding customer tickets.

We have not needed much assistance from Pendo's support team, but on the few occasions we h ave had to open a ticket, Pendo's support team has been very responsive and helpful.

What do you dislike?

Pendo is in a growth stage as a platform, and as such there are some areas of the application where it seems Pendo has not yet reached a mature state. For example, the available permissions that can be set on each Pendo user account are very broad. I'd like to be able to extend read-only access to certain metrics to other departments within our organization, but currently that is not possible.

However, to Pendo's credit, they are continually improving their application with new features and functionality, and that each new piece seems polished. It does not feel as if it were rushed out the door. Because of this, given time I feel their application will become more mature as a whole.

The ability to make data-driven decisions with regard to our product development roadmap is phenomenal. The wealth of information available provides context to the consumption of our feature offerings and shifts planning meetings into evidence-based discussions rather than pure conjecture and guesswork.

Post-implementation of a new feature offering, our Success team is able to measure the results of the user adoption efforts as well as obtain targeted feedback from the most relevant user segments.

Pendo review by <span>Joe D.</span>
Joe D.

"An easy-button that delivers powerful user analytics"

What do you like best?

I really like the fact that getting Pendo up and running took minutes, and that after an hour or so of configuration, with help from Pendo's success team, I was starting to see the value it could offer. This kind of near-instant gratification is rare and worthy of celebration.

The granular visibility I now have into users and user behavior is empowering, I'm finally seeing the data I need in order to make decisions and changes to our products, their features, and how we can improve user experiences in an effort to delight customers and head-off issues before they impact our bottom-line.

I'm also really happy with the new tools I have to communicate and educate users within our application using guides. Before Pendo, if I wanted to convey any information to a user or a group of users it always involved our development team and a release/hot-fix cycle. The world of SaaS software moves too fast and Pendo gives me the tools to deploy surveys, point-out and train users on new features, and inform customers of noteworthy things all without development or operations lifting a finger.

What do you dislike?

I'd like to see drill-down capability from the dashboard into the underlying metrics from a given widget. I'd also like the ability to schedule reports that could be sent via email. These aren't dislikes, per-say, just areas of improvement that would add even more value for me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Some of the best return on investment I've received from a 3rd party tool. If you're considering Pendo, the wonderful support team will help you get it up and running so you don't have to guess at whether it will solve your problems - you can find out yourself before purchasing it.

Removing devops from the critical path for communicating with customers in our app saves me time and energy, allows for more throughput since they aren't weighed-down with my requests to add a tooltip or deploy an NPS survey.

I'm now seeing empirical data about usage trends that inform us about how we can improve the UX, instead of just going by gut feel and isolated direct customer feedback.

I'm able to more accurately track new trial accounts and sales has the data to know when the right time to reach-out to a new trial user and start the selling process.

Pendo review by <span>Jesús D.</span>
Jesús D.

"Great user analytics tool to increase product adoption"

What do you like best?

I love the analytics part of Pendo, easy to use, great success managers and support people.

It's easy to implement in our sites and we just had to tune what information we needed to collect and pass to Pendo to get more out our data. After this is just easy to tag features, run reports, create guides and most important we can make decisions out of this information. We have seen changes in the users when we add guides.

Also great way to ask users for their satisfaction through the NPS build in.

What do you dislike?

I would like to have configurable dashboards with the data that I care. Like specific dashboard to see certain features or guides instead of going directly to those areas and look for that. It will save me some clicks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Pendo is really useful. Everything is about the data and this will take some time on the consumer side to decide which data to pass and what is valuable specially if there is a multiple modules/acounts that you are implementing under the same Pendo account.

If you can have multiple Pendo accounts for your different modules it will much better, data will be cleaner and more useful.

We wanted to know what features our users are using and which ones they were not being leverage. From there to take decisions about how to increase user adoption or remove features.

Pendo review by <span>Jan C.</span>
Jan C.

"Solved our usage analytics needs and vastly improved our on-boarding improvements"

What do you like best?

1) Easy to use interface

2) Good analytics

3) Very responsive support team

4) They are focused on our success

What do you dislike?

Analytics are good, but have to copy and paste to a BI tool or excel to merge with other data. Would like some integrations to reduce this. Could use the API's to build something ourselves in future.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The Pendo team are very easy to do business with, during the sales cycle, onboarding, and throughout our ongoing use of the product. The product is already good but clearly improving with every small enhancement, and the bigger additions are ones that we will implement over time. Our product team is better informed about user behavior, our Customer Success team is better able to on-board clients and identify clients at risk due to lower usage, and the exceutive team is more informed about the product engagement

Principal need was to understand what how our SaaS clients were using our application and measure the usage of new and upated features, in order to keep improving our product. In addition to this, they include walkthroughs which have dramatically improved and automated our on-boarding process

Pendo review by <span>Andrew E.</span>
Andrew E.

"Pendo is a fantastic analytics tool providing, accurate, succinct, and timely data."

What do you like best?

Usability, incredibly easy to set up and use. It took our dev team less than 15 minutes to set up. The platform is lightning fast even when running updated dashboard views for over 6 months. It is also easy to customize the interface for each individual user. We love the fact that Pendo tracks each click in our system which provides a great deal of insight.

What do you dislike?

Would like a bit more custom reporting out of the system without having to export to a CRM. Thier NPS originally was lacking in features, however, they have recently released added enhancements on this front and I am excited to see the new deliverable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Pendo.io is an incredible analytics platform that provides immediate feedback on customer usage. Thier entire staff from sales to service has been courteous, professional, and attentive to our needs. I highly recommend the platform and the company overall.

We quickly and proactively can track customer usage when we see a customer using the platform less. We engage them to see if there are any underlying reasons for the downward trend. Our AM team uses the platform for Monthly Executive Summaries to show overall usage. Development team tracks Page Usage and funneling to see ow we can make our platform easier to use.

Pendo review by <span>Raman G.</span>
Raman G.

"Excellent user analytics tool"

What do you like best?

I like that user data is tracked automatically, even if I haven't tagged it. This means that six months from now I can come up with a new question to answer, add the tags, and have all the historical information ready right away.

What do you dislike?

Some pages can be tough to tag when the matching rules aren't specific enough. It would be great to be able to exclude certain patterns so that pages can be distinct.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The free trial is a great way to see it in action. It definitely made it easy to move forward.

We're able to solve multiple business problems with Pendo. A couple examples are 1) guidance on how users navigate our site so that we can make the most effective changes in our upcoming site redesign, and 2) being able to do an NPS survey in-app so that we can start tracking our score over time.

Pendo review by <span>Alex R.</span>
Alex R.

"Senior Customer Success Manager"

What do you like best?

The information is always easy to find. The Pendo reports are consistent across all of our different product lines so the usage of the system is much easier for our different user groups. We now have insight about how users interact with our tool versus the conventional way of guessing or assuming what is used most often. Pendo helps give us actionable intelligence.

What do you dislike?

Push notifications or automated/email notifications from the system would be nice for certain reports that we pull on a recurring basis.

We want to know how users are interacting with our product and where they may be experiencing issues. We deal with millions of applicants on a yearly basis through our system and Pendo gives us a way analyze the activity of the aggregate users. Pendo has helped us identify areas of the system requiring improvement through identification (Pendo Analytics) and communication (Pendo Guides) allowing our development team to focus their efforts on high priority enhancements.

Pendo review by <span>Seth W.</span>
Seth W.

"Fast, but configurable, way to reach your users"

What do you like best?

Pendo is so easy to configure that we've found that the *hardest* part is just figuring out what the message should be. There are times that you want to get fancy (especially as you tinker more and more with the exaaact formatting). Pendo's team is there to support you through that, and you may find that you press up against the limits of what the platform can do. But for so many companies, the most important thing is just to get some simple messages pushed out to their users, holding their hand through the product, and Pendo makes it extremely easy to get to that point. So much so that it's been easy to train our Product Managers, Ops Specialist, Implementation Manager, and even one CSM (so far) in how to make their own Guides, so that I just need to give them a once-over before they go live.

What do you dislike?

I have some quibbles about the interface, the Salesforce integration, and the Zendesk integration, but I have no substantive problems with the platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be thoughtful about what you're going to use it *for*. This product is an excellent example of "boiling the ocean is not a strategy for success".

(1) Explaining complex new features to customers, or describing how a feature has changed. (2) Explaining features to customers who are visiting that feature for the first time. (3) Outreach to customers whose renewals are coming up ("Click here to indicate your intent to renew") or whose invoices are overdue. (4) For an enterprise customer, building out tooltips that will only be visible to their own users, to explain how those users should be leveraging certain features.

Pendo review by <span>Nova B.</span>
Nova B.

"Data we can take action on - Everyone who uses it loves it"

What do you like best?

Aside from having access to user data at my fingertips: the interface is intuitive, the data visually presented for easy at-a-glance consumption, and their Guides set them apart as a tool that can create consistent in-product user help across your platform, be used as a recruiting tool for usability studies, includes NPS indicators--all without needing your engineers to write a single line of code (unless you want to customize the CSS, then your front-end dev can step in). It's glorious. I love it.

What do you dislike?

While implementation is pretty simple -- they give you a code snippet, you add it to your header/footer/similar area...., the tagging of pages and features can turn out complicated and time-consuming depending on the complexity of your product. Some of our enterprise products are complex, and so that has caused a lot of time consumed in set up on one of the products. The other 3 products took a lot of my time tagging features and pages, and while it's simple, it feels like there must be another way.

Business problems:

Usability analytics

Task analysis

Input to product roadmap

Understanding our different segments are using our products

In-product contextual help

Consistency of in-product documentation across our platform

MAYBE NPS, but that isn't clear yet

Recruiting for usability studies

in-product polling

Benefits:

In the first week we realized that 5000 ppl had clicked on something that looked like a button but wasn't and that was a quick win to fix that. Additionally we could quickly see how many people were starting but not completing tasks, how our users are moving around our products, and where they are specifically NOT clicking. This is giving us insight into the work we need to do to highlight certain features and to help simplify complex ones.

Pendo review by <span>Shaun V.</span>
Shaun V.

"The best tool to measure and increase product adoption "

What do you like best?

First and foremost, it just works. It's as easy to set up as any other similar tool and they've clearly invested heavily in the UX and getting it right. It's a company run by product people so as one could expect, the product is pretty darn solid from cover to cover. We have people logging in to Pendo across the company from engineers to customer success managers and they log in because it's easy to get at the data they need.

Secondly, the data we're getting from Pendo is really helpful. Once we got everything tuned up, the insights we're gleaning are making their way into our board meetings, company decisions, and even our customer's business review meetings. It's great to put a number on value realization and adoption. It's even greater because Pendo gives us the tools to impact and increase adoption in the form of guides (+1 that you can completely customize every part of them without the need to involve professional services)

Lastly, Pendo is doing it big and doing it right, the growth they've had since we became a customer over 6 months ago has been astounding. I think they've already passed the point of "turning back" or not "making it' and I'm excited for what this means for me as a customer. They've been consistently releasing new, useful features and expanding their offerings.

What do you dislike?

Some of the provided dashboards and views don't offer the customization needed to really make them shine and show exactly what you want.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Pendo will likely be one of the best investments you make. It will take all the energy you give it setting it up and return very big dividends on that investment. I was up and running and seeing value within the first week of being a customer, and it's just gotten better and more indispensable from there.

We've mapped the number of clicks in our set of products to SFDC accounts and contacts so we can now report on adoption along with other customer metrics

We've set up an automated in-app NPS system that connects to Salesforce and plays great with our email NPS service, this was possible due to Pendo's API support for all parts of their product.

We're able to measure and present the adoption of new features to the company

We're able to segment our user base based on adoption and figure out how marketing or product efforts improve those ratios.

We're put user adoption metrics directly in our product for our admin end-users to see how their team is using the product.

Our marketing team uses guides and segments to announce new events coming up.

We've built walk-throughs and tips to guide our users through new or confusing parts of our application, and the best part was we didn't have to involve our very busy engineering team.

Our customer success managers monitor their accounts activity and adoption both directly in Pendo and in Salesforce, we pull reports and visuals from Pendo to include in their executive business reviews.

In short, Pendo does a lot of awesome s**t and it's been very worth it to figure out all the ways it can help drive product and really, company, growth for us.

Pendo review by <span>Taylor G.</span>
Taylor G.

"Valuable Insights at the Click of a Mouse!"

What do you like best?

Pendo has been an absolute game-changer for me and my team of Success Managers in seeing how our clients interact with our software in real time, and on every level.

What do you dislike?

It's a little tricky to get used to the UI, and I sometimes have trouble "training" new people on using the program, which makes them slow to adopt. That said, once you get over the hump of understanding, Pendo is a total lifesaver!

As a Success Manager for a SaaS company, adoption is king when it comes to measuring our clients' happiness. While our own program has a way to calculate this, nothing beats being able to go to an open dashboard of my clients' use in real time, and export these insights automatically. Pendo has been my go-to for executive business reviews, last-minute presentations, and one-off calls since I started using it almost a year ago.

Pendo review by <span>Harry K.</span>
Harry K.

"Great tool for drilling into data"

What do you like best?

My favorite aspect of Pendo is its ability for focus your reporting to specific subsets of customers based on segments, which can rely on data you pull in from Salesforce. In addition to making it a valuable data tool, it also lets you segment your messaging, which is very helpful to go-to-market strategies.

What do you dislike?

I think the UI is a little crowded. There's a lot of data to surface and the multi-layer approach that Pendo takes can get confusing at times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

n/a

We're using Pendo for user-tracking, segment-specific customer message, and we're using login data as a key element of our churn prediction. The benefits are far-reaching, as it allows us to tap into data we wouldn't normally have access to while also giving us an easy way to act on the data.

Pendo review by <span>Maura N.</span>
Maura N.

"Game changer for any product team"

What do you like best?

Ease of setup and onboarding, flexibility in querying, phenomenal support team

What do you dislike?

Some tools in the app are oversimplified-- for example, you may want to capture a particularly patterned URL as a type of "page". Pendo has set up a really great system for building patterns, but it actually ends up being more work when we would prefer to write a regular expression to match exactly the pages we want. Pretty trivial, as the need is still mostly met for us :)

Pendo has become pivotal through most departments in our organization. We've used Pendo to set some of our company's OKRs (which are product-usage oriented), make product decisions on a daily and long term basis, and better understand/target customers via our CSM team.

Pendo review by <span>Miguel P.</span>
Miguel P.

"Great product analytics tool"

What do you like best?

It is very simple to use and it takes almost no time to start visualizing data. The documentation is excellent and there is always someone from Pendo available to help.

What do you dislike?

The segments feature allows users to upload a CSV with information about the accounts that make up that segment. Unfortunately, if the CSV was uploaded by another user and I want to build a new segment based on that CSV, I don't have access to the file.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start by defining a configuring your customer segments.

Engage your engineering team early to make sure you that all key features and events can be unambiguously tagged.

I am trying to use Pendo to improve user engagement with particular key features.

Pendo review by <span>Jordan N.</span>
Jordan N.

"Understanding and Communicating with Users"

What do you like best?

I've been in positions at 2 companies to implement and utilize Pendo. As a Product Manager, I love that I can get communication out to clients without development efforts. I can create messaging, tweak the look and feel, edit on the fly, specify when and where it will be seen...the list goes on and on. It's also great to understand the end users navigation through our product as well.

What do you dislike?

There really isn't a whole lot that I dislike. I guess I would say that there is one thing I would appreciate if they were options. A better heatmap of clicks (not just on elements, but anywhere). That isn't a huge deal in my mind, considering the value I get out of the analytics and the communication with end users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Pendo is great to work with. They will give you a free trial period which will be sure to win you over. Their support staff whenever we have questions are amazing. The respond quickly and effectively. And I can never praise the guides (communication to end-users) enough. It's so nice to be able to utilize this and not be tied to the developing teams and the release cycles. Super flexible.

Originally, we were interested in the analytics of where our end-users were navigating to. Pendo solved that, but we really loved the ability to do in app messaging directly with our users without the need for the dev teams to work through it and then wait for a release. We can create, edit, remove, on the fly at anytime!

Pendo review by <span>Jeff B.</span>
Jeff B.

"User engagement tools in the hands of those who need them most"

What do you like best?

Pendo has deep tools for understanding customer journeys and segmentation, and they are easy to use and understand.

What do you dislike?

When dealing with a large number of in-app guides, which seems like it would be a very common use case, navigating the list of guides is unnecessarily cumbersome due to large in-line thumbnails. Also, some of the in-app guide formatting logic is not very clear, and it's difficult to tell which chunks of CSS take priority. This is a very minor gripe.

1. Which features are my customers using, and how much are they using them?

2. Which features are underutilized?

3. Now that I know which features are under-adopted, I can create in-app tutorial guides that introduce my users to the features that are targeted toward their needs.

Pendo review by User in Computer Software

"Pendo has changed how we interact with our customers"

What do you like best?

I like being able to add pop up guides to our product with relative ease (compared to coding it into your product) to announce new features and prompt users for feedback. I also like the ability to track interaction with these guides and our product as a whole using Pendo.

What do you dislike?

I dislike many of the quirks encountered when setting up guides. Between the code editor and interface editor it got very frustrating at times trying to get a guide to appear and behave correctly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're dealing with a web app Pendo is great. We got it to work with our Chromium app after a bit of work. It has been great, but our unique situation has added some challenges.

We are using in app notifications to inform our customers about new features and better tracking user interaction with our whole product. We have more insight into what areas get used and how often.

Pendo review by <span>Russell G.</span>
Russell G.

"Complete your data picture"

What do you like best?

Pendo's user interface is simple, clean and easy to use. It is very easy train new team members on.

What do you dislike?

The integration with Salesforce is a bit incomplete. We need an easier way to send user contact information from Pendo to Salesforce.

Pendo provides us with insights into how our customers are interacting with our tool. While we can get some usage data natively, from our application, we were missing how our customers are using our tool and where they are spending their time. This information is vital to identifying risk and evaluating growth potential. Pendo also provides us with a way to communicate critical messages to the people within our customer's organization that need to see them most - our users.

Pendo review by <span>Nolan P.</span>
Nolan P.

"Pendo is a great UX tool "

What do you like best?

Pendo offers a robust analytics suite that lets you dive into historical data and discover insights you would never have seen otherwise. Even better is that its tools let you provide in-app guides and personalized messaging based.

What do you dislike?

The user interface is a little clunky, but this is something they said they are addressing. I also wish multiple response surveys were available.

We use Pendo to understand what our users are doing. The software allows us to monitor detailed analytics, track NPS, and collect contextual feedback that we incorporate into our UX process. We also use Pendo to provide in-app guides to help users and address customer service issues.

Pendo review by <span>Dana A.</span>
Dana A.

"Great tool for in-app messaging "

What do you like best?

Once you dedicate the time to learning how to use the tool, it can be extremely powerful. I primarily use it to set up in-app notifications for marketing purposes, and it's highly valuable for conversion.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing I technically dislike about Pendo. The only thing I would say, is there's somewhat of a learning curve with Pendo, so it's best to get in there and practice using the tool and learn all of the nuances.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The support team is wonderful. They are super helpful!

It's an effective tool to get a message in front of our customers' faces, urging them to either take an action, or to provide valuable content they can use for their own business.

We are able to export lists as well to see who has engaged with our notifications, which is super helpful from a marketing standpoint.

Pendo review by <span>Moshe M.</span>
Moshe M.

"Great product, great company!"

What do you like best?

Everything is captured from day one and we can add features later on and get instant feedback on their usage going all the way back to day one if Pendo integration into our product. The company is great! They listen to their clients, build iteratively and constantly new features and improvements, great support, and ongoing seminars with tips as well as updates on new features.

What do you dislike?

Not much, but even missing features which I requested, I am sure will come up in the future. One missing feature right now is the ability to exclude a guide from a specific page so it can be easier to define it sitewide, with just one or two pages it should not show. Other than that, there is more work to be done to improve the way guide templates and general CSS is defined. Can be tricky for our designers.

- understanding how our clients using the product, which features are used and which not

- getting feedback from users on our product and features

- announcing new features

- Walkthroughs for new users

Pendo review by <span>Bahar N.</span>
Bahar N.

"Great product for understanding your customers and communicating with them"

What do you like best?

- Very helpful and professional team (Sales, Engineering, CSM). I enjoy working with everyone at Pendo.

- Easy setup for pages and features

- NPS

- Easy in-app guides to educate customers

- Good for companies with multiple products

What do you dislike?

- No live chat with customers and no real-time data sync

- Geological data is not captured (there is a way to do it, but not very straightforward)

- Some admin functionalities could be improved

Recommendations to others considering the product

Discuss your needs with the Pendo team. They do a great job explaining what your options are and how you could customize the tool to benefit from it. Then consider if this is the right tool for you

We wanted a tool which multiple teams can use to understand customers behaviour, help with on-boarding and engagement, and lets us communicate with customers. While Pendo doesn't have everything all other tools have, it has a lot to offer to various teams (product, CSM, Training, Sales, etc.). The fact that you could combine analytics, communication, and training under one roof was the reason we chose Pendo. The sales team and our CSM worked closely with us to answer all questions and resolve the issues. Everyone in our company is excited to start using Pendo!

Pendo review by <span>Jake S.</span>
Jake S.

"Fantastic usage tracking and interaction software"

What do you like best?

Pendo is awesome in that it allows us to easily see how people interact with our product. I'm able to easily go into the interface and find out exactly what path a user takes on the way to clicking on a given button. This really helps give insight into the user's thought process and gives us a read on how intuitive our placement of things are within the system. I also like that it enables us to interact with our customers using guides to show them how a new feature works.

What do you dislike?

A lot of times it can take a while to load data if you are querying a large dataset.

We are solving the need to see how our customers think when they are interacting with the program. We also use it to poll customers on how we are doing as a company.

Pendo review by <span>Tom D.</span>
Tom D.

"Powerful, intuitive, flexible analytics tool for Product Manager"

What do you like best?

Love how simple it is to managed pages and features on the fly and that it provides retrospective data on new tags form the moment you enabled Pendo. Gold. Guides are proving more and more valuable for Product specific messages and creeping into our EX process.

What do you dislike?

Speed is getting better but based in Australia can take a little bit of time to load. Ability to tidy up your tags, s spring clean if you like, is time consuming as must be done one by one.

New feature research and analysis, feature success reporting by release, new feature promotion using guides, NPS tracking

Pendo review by <span>Duncan M.</span>
Duncan M.

"Actionable insights for the whole team"

What do you like best?

Pendo has two main focuses: in app guides and product usage analytics. We originally signed up because we wanted a better way to inform our product team about which features were working and which needed attention. We quickly expanded our usage to the guides and replaced our own home grown messaging system with Pendo. This has eased the load on our dev team and empowered the product and marketing teams to move faster. The ability to target guides based on the depth of data Pendo provides allows us to give our users timely, relevant messaging.

What do you dislike?

Pendo has made a very positive impact on our organization overall, but like anything else, there are some weaknesses. The process of setting up guides takes some getting used to. While the guide editor has been improved since we started, it's not as straightforward as others on the market. For us, the power and flexibility of the guides outweighs the occasional clunkiness setting them up. This is an area the company has said will continue to be improved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't just think about this product as a tool for the Product Team, think about the potential benefits for the entire organization. We're just starting to leverage the software in our customer experience and marketing teams and we should have been realizing these gains sooner.

Prior to Pendo, we needed developer time for deeper product usage analytics and to keep our in-app messaging current. For a rapidly growing organization, that wasn't the best use of our resources. Pendo has given us better data than we had before and allowed non-developers on our team to create and update messaging. We've also moved all of our customer surveys to Pendo which has allowed us to combine the rich usage data with qualitative feedback.

Pendo review by <span>Peter H.</span>
Peter H.

"Pendo makes your users successful"

What do you like best?

I like how Pendo makes it easy for me to teach my app users just-in-time tips/tools so that they feel successful using a rather complex app.

What do you dislike?

I think their guides interface is a bit buggy and somewhat strange to navigate. They provide pretty good training though via their community Slack channel and support teams.

My app is complex to new users. Pendo makes it less complex by 1) helping me see where users get stuck and 2) giving me tools to help them just-in-time. Users are benefiting and therefore we are seeing more renewals.

Pendo review by <span>Liz L.</span>
Liz L.

"An excellent UX that packs a lot of processing power"

What do you like best?

Feature tagging—being able to tag a specific feature on a page, in addition to tracking views on the page itself.

What do you dislike?

Lack of many to many relationship—this is more of a result of our data model, an edge case that allows individual visitors to be attached to multiple "accounts" and accounts to have multiple unique visitors, which is something Pendo isn't optimized for.

Tracking success or failure of new products. Being able to use both the analytics that Pendo offers alongside feature tagging allows us to see what percentage of our users are discovering and using new features that we implement.

Pendo review by <span>Justin T.</span>
Justin T.

"We love the Pendo product and team!"

What do you like best?

You can retroactively query & analyze in Pendo, without having to have added lines of code into the product during the build. There are countless times with other products where I've thought of something I'd like to track after the fact- with Pendo, this isn't a problem and I can query instantly.

What do you dislike?

I look forward to more powerful mobile offerings. I know they're working on it & am excited to see what they release! We'll definitely put it to good use.

We use Pendo to track all sorts of user behavior and also power most of our in-app notifications.

Pendo review by <span>Paul V.</span>
Paul V.

"Improved the trial process for our B2B cloud software"

What do you like best?

It is very easy to create in-app guides without help from our engineering team. The analytics are also very helpful.

What do you dislike?

Currently the analytics are only available within the Pendo UI. We do most of our analysis in Power BI and Excel, and I wish Pendo had an API that would allow us to extract the usage data an analyze it externally.

We purchased Pendo primarily to improve the onboarding process in the free trial of our B2B cloud application. We use it to guide users through a fun scenario that helps them to use our product. We use the analytics to measure the guide results and to understand which features our customers use most often. We are also using the NPS survey feature.

Pendo allows us to do all of this without using our engineering resources.

Pendo review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Awesome (Essential) Tool for SaaS Companies to Manage Product Usage"

What do you like best?

I enjoy the data analytics the most and overall versatility of the product, as multiple teams at my organization are able to leverage it's core functions. The granularity of these analytics are impressive and always accurate.

What do you dislike?

Can be intimidating when you first login, not sure where you should go or what to do. It can take awhile to learn the navigation and understand the system hierarchy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool for tracking customer engagement for software providers. It's capabilities go beyond analytics however, as the tool is also useful for training customers on your product through in-app walk through guides and in-app messaging to release new features and other important announcements. My product team has found it crucial to testing the response to feature releases and certain beta programs, and my success team is able to utilize the product usage metrics to identify potential churning accounts.

The product team at my company uses the tool primarily to track data usage, test new features, release in-app messaging and walk through tutorials to train our clients on the product. For myself, being in a financial role I mostly use the product to send in-app messaging to delinquent accounts and to track product usage for other late paying customers.

Pendo review by User

"A Marketing Nerd's Dream"

What do you like best?

Segmenting my users makes it easier to give users a more personalized experience with the platform. I love that I can customize the guide's look and feel in a user-friendly platform that offers a great preview of what I'm working on.

I also appreciate the extensive help docs. Additionally, support has been incredibly helpful and quick to reply.

What do you dislike?

I'd love for Pendo to make more snippets available on GitHub or offer more templates OOTB.

It would be great to be able to break a guide from the template, but still be able to make global changes that affect all templates.

Proving information and help to users within our platform.

Pendo review by User in Internet

"Still exploring possibilities - very easy to use."

What do you like best?

I was brought on as a Pendo product user after one of our UX managers had made the purchase. I have been using it create clickable product definitions to help explain unique features in our product. After a little setup support and tour from the UX manager, the ease of use and ability to quickly update these little "lightboxes" have made it SUPER simple to return, edit, and publish to our users.

What do you dislike?

I would like to be able to set a custom target (as in draw a selection area) when targeting a location for a guide to pop-up. It's a just little 'dislike'.

Looking to bring higher productivity and efficiency in telling/broadcasting our product story. This tool has provided a one-stop shop to update and publish our product message on an on-going basis to our core audience, the user. I haven't used the Pendo tool to create a product feature walk-through yet, but that is definitely on my list. I'm sure I will have more feedback at that time.

Pendo review by <span>Jake C.</span>
Jake C.

"Pendo provides valuable account and user level interaction data"

What do you like best?

Pendo's UX is phenomenal. Getting other's in our organization to utilize Pendo is a no-brainer, since the learning curve to take advantage of it's valuable data is relatively slim.

What do you dislike?

The lack of flexible dashboards and the inability to send reports (on a singular or recurring basis).

Pendo allows us to track our "pro" users and our "inactive" users. It allows us to correlate feature/page usage with "customer success." It allows us to implement in-app messaging, guides, and surveys.

Pendo review by <span>Jonah S.</span>
Jonah S.

"Powerful analytics and communication tools"

What do you like best?

Analytics geared towards product managers, and cool ways to communicate updates, new features, and "did you know?"s with users.

What do you dislike?

Pendo can take time to learn how to use effectively but pays off dividends once you do learn it.

How customers interact with our products, and where we should concentrate our development effort. The ease with which we can communicate with customers in-app has skyrocketed.

Pendo review by <span>Lyla R.</span>
Lyla R.

"Perfect In-App Analytics, Design, and Communication Tool"

What do you like best?

Super easy way to tag features, pages and view how your users are interacting with your app. I love the heat maps feature.

What do you dislike?

The guide creation process can be a little cumbersome with almost too much customization. You need to have a good knowledge of HTML/CSS to build guides in the system.

We are now able to accurately plan our roadmap and scale adoption of features.

Pendo review by Administrator

"Pendo helps us quickly drive product adoption"

What do you like best?

I love that pendo allows you to add guides and onboarding to any part of your web application so you can hit users with the right message at the right time!

What do you dislike?

Understanding how pendo architects their various parts of their app can sometimes be challenging and require support.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Really take the time to set it up. It is not an immediate use application, and you must be committed to it!

We are using pendo to get in front of our users and show them how to use our app, or new features, in order to drive adoption and reduce churn.

Pendo review by <span>Scott F.</span>
Scott F.

"Great usage tracking"

What do you like best?

Pendo provides comprehensive tracking of app usage and allows us to see what our users are clicking and what they're not.

What do you dislike?

Some of the features (like the walk-through and in-app pop-up messages) require some technical knowledge to make it as seamless as desired.

Determining how customers are using our apps. which features are being used, and creating product guides and announcements.

Pendo review by <span>Danielle D. S.</span>
Danielle D. S.

"Pendo is amazing!"

What do you like best?

the ease of use and powerful analytics and insights

What do you dislike?

honestly nothing, there isn't anything I dislike

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would love to be able to see eCommerce data in pendo like revenue and orders placed, so I can quit using GA all together

we've been able to see with using a path what percentage of users on a certain site were being timed out.

Pendo review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Save yourself a headache"

What do you like best?

I like that Pendo has a modern looking design. There's flexibility in formulating the look and feel of the overlays and surveys that you deploy.

What do you dislike?

Very buggy software, poor user workflow, very inconsistent in results, very difficult in organizing and deploying a survey.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider other softwares that may be able to execute what you need with a longer track record and better history.

We've been trying to gather data about our users, including user NPS surveys. Pendo is incredibly cumbersome in putting together segments to target, including Pendo leaking our survey to client accounts we specifically were trying to avoid. Now on this second go around Pendo just quit. Up and stopped displaying our survey for a couple of days.

Pendo is not built for easy of use and reliability in mind. If you can find a product that seems to be more dependable, use it, and then tell me what it is.

Pendo review by User in Internet

"Very helpful tool for product team"

What do you like best?

Pendo is easy to use and intuitive. A product team can track feature usage and analyze the data to see overall patterns, as well as identify any specific customers that are at risk/that are superusers. You can also send custom messages or instructions to users based on the actions they have taken on your site.

What do you dislike?

Pendo tracks clicks but does not track other types of events (page loads, form submission) so we could not get a complete picture of certain user activity.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This tool is so helpful for a product team. Its features overlap with a lot of other tools you may already use for analytics or in-app messaging so it would be a good idea to evaluate exactly what you need and what you already have.

It is so easy for a product manager to track user activity. Any one can set it up (you don't need a developer) and it is easy and intuitive. The fact that you can start tracking anything at any time is so helpful for understanding the success of new features that we put in the product..

Pendo review by <span>Daniel D.</span>
Daniel D.

"Really get to know your customers behavior "

What do you like best?

Pendo gives me both quantitative and qualitative analytics. It helps me getting to know my customers deep level of behavior and usage in our services.

What do you dislike?

I really can’t say anything negative about pendo. The tool is awesome and the people behind the tool is even greater.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you define a hypothetic customer journey and user metrics, you need to start out with an idea and validate, learn and iterate.

We now work with data driven decisions and the backlog priorities is not dependent of gut feelings.

Pendo review by <span>Nikki M.</span>
Nikki M.

"Amazing capacity for helping reach your users"

What do you like best?

1. The ability to instantly (no release required) communicate with our users at critical points in their use of the software is amazing.

2. Using analytics to see how people are using your system is invaluable.

3. Pendo's team is as enthusiastic about their product as they are about your success with it.

What do you dislike?

1. Would love more advanced user-permission settings.

2. Would love to share dashboards without creating logins.

3. Would love data to process faster.

In-app communication & learning; feature usage/goals.

Pendo review by Executive Sponsor in Computer Software
Executive Sponsor in Computer Software

"Serves multiple use cases"

What do you like best?

We appreciate the value we receive from Pendo. It serves our Product, R&D and Customer Success teams simultaneously. Installation was easy and we're able to get retrospective insights when we add new pages or features

What do you dislike?

I do wish the Pendo team was a little more proactive with use cases, best practices, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Install the trial snippet and ensure that you're getting everything you need out of it.

We're looking for a lightweight tool to track user analytics and behavior in a single solution.

Pendo review by <span>Connell O.</span>
Connell O.

"Earlier User - Great Results so Far"

What do you like best?

Easy to set up and get metrics back quickly

If you change you tags it will recalculate back to installation not when the tag was added

Lots of support and documentation to get you started

What do you dislike?

Can be difficult to isolate user workflows and what to tag

Sometimes the URL tagging can be difficult depending on how your application is set up

Better user analytics and insight into user behaviour

Pendo review by <span>Lauren C.</span>
Lauren C.

"Great Product Insight!"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, do not need to be a developer to use. Multiple levels or security, so you can have interns creating content and only those with appropriate setting can publish. Easy to target features and tag pages.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I have to refresh a few times before the google extension or the site tagging in app will work.

User Behavior, which areas of our app have the most attention.

Pendo review by User in Computer Software

"Awesome Product, Awesome Team"

What do you like best?

I began using Pendo back when they were just in the beginnings of their product! It has been very exciting to see them grow and how powerful Pendo has gotten over the last 3+ years. Our team lives and breathes by this product, especially the guides and NPS. We use the guides to notify our customers of new features, product changes and messaging in general. Overall would recommend.

What do you dislike?

I'm excited to see where their NPS goes next! It would be great to be able to send NPS via email!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Pendo is awesome!

Customer Communication, NPS

We've been able to keep our customers informed of product changes and improved the customer experience overall.

Pendo review by <span>Aaron S.</span>
Aaron S.

"Fantastic analytics with no extra dev work."

What do you like best?

We implemented Pendo to avoid the overhead of other tools where there's extra code dirtying up your product.

What do you dislike?

Some of the reports could be more robust but seem to be coming along.

We had no way to get insight on how customers are using the app. We use some of the usage data to direct our customers to our sticky features and ensure that evals are healthy.

Pendo review by User in Computer Software

"Must have for any product team"

What do you like best?

The ease of setup. It did not require any dev support. Also love that Pendo is constantly updating their feautres.

What do you dislike?

The system can be pretty slow when loading data

Recommendations to others considering the product

Pendo is the best system when it comes to product management/product analytics

Being able to have visbility into what users are actually doing in our product. We were able to make better product decisions.

Pendo review by User

"Great tool to get feature insights for your product "

What do you like best?

The feature analytics page that shows insight on the usage of each feature from the most to the least.

What do you dislike?

Nothing at the moment, it's dynamic and we're looking to incorporate our NPS system to Pendo.

The feature analytics page allows me to create webinar content based on the least used feature to gain awareness and product usage.

Pendo review by User in Financial Services

"Holy crap this is an amazing product!"

What do you like best?

- ability to create onboarding flows/customer without any engineering effort

- downloading data and creating my own pivot table to analyze

What do you dislike?

it's not easy to compare data over time: i usually download download csv and have the data in an excel file which fuels my pivot tables...no way of doing that in pendo

- tracking product usage and health of customers

Pendo review by <span>Gavin M.</span>
Gavin M.

"Pendo Visualizes User Uptake Like You've Always Wanted"

What do you like best?

Pendo has extremely intuitive and visual user flow mapping, for both pages and accounts. Manual and automatic tagging make it easy to see what users are doing.

What do you dislike?

More customization across funnels and visualizations. While the stock visualizations are in depth and useful, more customization for different SaaS apps would help.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try - setup is painless, and the trial is robust.

User flow and activity mapping.

Pendo review by User in Computer Software

"Easy to gain insight but limited to getting to the next level"

What do you like best?

Easy to integration into our application and really nice that non-engineers can use it to tag UI elements and create in-product pop-ups (education, walkthroughs, etc).

What do you dislike?

Reporting is pretty simplistic and limited, am limited in answering more interesting questions and pushing richer analytics out to team members.

Understanding volume of usage of features by user, customer, product, etc to be able to measure uptake of features.

Pendo review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Robust Application"

What do you like best?

Pendo provides useful insights that span multiple departments. The simplicity of publishing n app help significantly reduces load on the dev team.

What do you dislike?

Complex reporting can be limited at times. The Pendo API access does help fill this gap though.

Insight on account health.

Ease of creating onboarding tools.

Simplicity in gathering user feedback.

"Pendo review"

What do you like best?

Easy of use -of in app messaging. Switching between options was easy and clear.

What do you dislike?

No clear way to link to object on page that is a drop down.

Could use building out of template of in-app messages.

Communication with users.

Pendo review by <span>Lukas Q.</span>
Lukas Q.

"Usage insights + User Communication in one spot"

What do you like best?

Ability to communicate in app to customers, ability to track application usage in order to improve product or product adoption.

What do you dislike?

Some of their UI elements, and ability to view lots of data within their UI.

Product Adoption. Realized insights into where to address.

Pendo review by User

"Love the data insights that Pendo offers"

What do you like best?

The ability to drill down into the activity levels and pages the customers are looking at within our product.

What do you dislike?

I would like a bit more assistance on how to gain more insights about how to best put the large datasets into intelligent reporting.

We are able to find out who is utilizing our product and how often, which is a huge advantage to know.

Pendo review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Great product and support team"

What do you like best?

The functionality and ease of use of product. It has given us great results in such a little amount of time.

What do you dislike?

The price and how steep it was to learn it at the begining

Recommendations to others considering the product

buy it now and see benefits

User insights, help guides and adoption engagement of our platform

"Excellent User Experience"

What do you like best?

Pendo makes it easy for product and marketing teams to quickly iterate and gain insights from customers without the need of development work.

What do you dislike?

N/A - Guides are very straightforward to implement.

NPS score, customer feedback, analytics.

Learn more about Pendo

Pendo Videos

Learning about Pendo?

* We monitor all Pendo reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.