PeoplePerHour.com

3.7

PeoplePerHour.com is a marketplace connecting small businesses and freelancers all over the world in a trusted environment where they buy and sell services to each other.

Work for PeoplePerHour.com?

Learning about PeoplePerHour.com?

PeoplePerHour.com Reviews

Ask PeoplePerHour.com a Question
Showing 16 PeoplePerHour.com reviews
PeoplePerHour.com review by Muriel R.
Muriel R.

"Medium size marketplace with built in features that ensure quality work and fair competition."

What do you like best?

I like the fact that peopleperhour has it built into the process that the customer will leave at least 30% of the project cost in escrow. It guarantees commitment on the buyer side and saves the struggle of the freelancer having to request for the deposit money each time, like it happens on other platforms.

Another nice feature is it sets a minimum bid amount for each project, to make sure competition is kept fair.

It's also nice that you can work commission free if you bring a new buyer with you on to the platform. I still haven't had the chance to use this feature but will probably do soon.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that Job invites stay in my dashboard for ever. Many times these are mismatches, unlinke the feed I receive on my email, which is pretty good.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The stronger your portfolio the greater your chances of getting a job. But a good portfolio is nothing without a good, non copy-paste proposal.

I'm using PPH to find new business. and I usually find nice projects with reasonable budgets, better than in most other freelancing sites.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about PeoplePerHour.com
PeoplePerHour.com review by Erna N.
Erna N.

"Here you can find a worker for an hour or two"

What do you like best?

Here you can easily find the right employee for any task. Whether it's design, software development, business help or simply administration. You can always solve any problem. Not a bad description of the capabilities of the employee, you can quickly choose whom to provide work. For the employer, the site is easy to use.

What do you dislike?

I had problems with payment, as there are hidden fees. Support is not the best, at first they simply did not answer, and then answered that they can not help. There was a problem when a person did not do my job, but the money was not returned to me but was credited to the PPH account. It's not fair.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for freelancers you definitely should try PPH.

This service helps us to find freelancers for different monotonous works. We do not force our personnel to engage in routine and allow the freelancers to carry out these tasks. Also, we are looking for workers from other countries, this allows us to cut our expenses.

What Freelance Platforms solution do you use?

PeoplePerHour.com review by Tyson A.
Tyson A.

"A good platform for freelancers and employers."

What do you like best?

This platform is very easy to use. Unlike other job sites, PeoplePerHour is much easier to work with. I like the filter system, thanks to which I can enter the desired parameters, and see the suggestions that are most suitable for me. Quick publication and feedback and then you already earn yourself a rating.

What do you dislike?

The support service does not always react quickly to requests. I would like to receive more applications for work during the month for free. I also do not like the competition among freelancers, because many of them very much underestimate the value of my work, exposing too low bid rates.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I can recommend this service if you are a freelancer and you need to quickly find a job. You can find regular customers here. But, be careful - study the feedback on the employer, so as not to have problems with it in the future. If you have a business and you have a need for some services from time to time - find a freelancer through PeoplePerHour. You get quality work and can save!

In our company, we used the services of other organizations to perform certain services. And this increased the cost of our products, because it was quite expensive for us. By hiring freelancers for this job, we were able to obtain significant savings. I myself, sometimes I work as a freelancer. And I was able to get a few good offers from PeoplePerHour at a good price.

PeoplePerHour.com review by Sophia B.
Sophia B.

"So Helpful"

What do you like best?

I like that it's It helps me to connect freelancers, businesses, partners who need work done in a super fast way without no need to put it in high costs.

What do you dislike?

Nothing special. sometimes I have delay in reply but its going on well so far so no much problems. Not so big deal to be sad on that software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I really recommend it to you. Perfect work and understanding of our very particular brief. Will be really nice to work with this. You will feel how fast its can be.

We are enjoy a good use out of PeoplePerHour where we can find techies all over the world who can cooperate with us on a project and get things done.Well done to it.

PeoplePerHour.com review by Damien S.
Damien S.

"Helpful software for freelancers"

What do you like best?

It helps connect freelancers to businesses or partners who need work done in a quick manner without the need to put it in extortionate costs.

What do you dislike?

It's not easy to navigate and use the payment process, there's hidden fees to look out for and PPH will take some of your money if you keep it in the wallet and aren't inactive for a while.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would use PeoplePerHour with caution as although it is a good tool to have, watch out for hidden fees and be careful who you get in touch with as well. If you put money in the escrow to a seller who doesn't do the job, you won't get a refund, rather your money goes into your PPH wallet to use on another job. Just be wary.

PeoplePerHour helps us get in touch with freelancers who can do small jobs for us at a fraction of the price. Instead of speaking to other businesses and going through the process of negotiating a price and dealing with meetings, PPH is an easy tool that helps us get the job done.

PeoplePerHour.com review by Odette B.
Odette B.

"Not sure this is the best option for me"

What do you like best?

To expand my freelance career I decided to create a profile on People Per Hour. They do seem to feature jobs with pay rates that are higher than most of the more popular freelance sites, but there are some limitations.

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately, I was not very happy with my experience on this site, and at this time I have a few complaints.

1. Not the most user-friendly in terms of the initial setup. I get that I have to put my best foot forward with a great bio, but adding the video, hourlies and all the other things took forever. I felt like I was going around in circles.

2. Low number of bids available for the free account. With the free membership, I could only bid on 15 jobs per month. If I wanted to bid on more jobs I would have to buy more bids. I have always been wary of platforms that charge you to look for work, and then charge you again once you have received and completed said job.

3. Hourlies - This seems like an easy way to advertised fixed price services that you offer, but it is not realistic to pre-quote for jobs without not knowing what the clients have in mind to get done. There is potential for serious underpricing with this feature.

4. Having to pay a deposit when submitting proposals.

5. Information required in order to add a bank account for withdrawals. I was not comfortable with some of the details requested, thus I chose another withdrawal method. In the long run, I would end up paying more in service fees.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It did not work for me.

If you have the patience and enjoy making videos (for every job application) then this might be the right fit for you.

Finding additional clients for freelance admin services.

No benefits were realized

PeoplePerHour.com review by User in Internet

"Helped me get our business off the ground... Lacking in some areas though."

What do you like best?

I love how PPH is a easy place to search for work relating to your skills, its easy to filter jobs down to see which jobs you may have the right skills to pursue. And then placing bids and contacting the job is fairly easy and straight forward.

Another benefit is the fact that if you are a bit wary of people taking advantage and not paying, their escrow services gives you a little piece of mind that you will at least get some of the money if for some reason things go south.

Additionally as you get feedback and provide your legitimacy, people start to draw to you through the search engine just because of your good feedback which brings you even more work.

What do you dislike?

There are a few annoyances with PPH which really let it down, the most obvious problem is commission, for someone starting out and bidding low for work it becomes a real problem when you then have fees coming out of your earnings driving your pay even lower.

The second problem and possibly the biggest is that this is a worldwide community, and in some countries people can work for far less and enjoy the benefits whereas people in more expensive countries such as the UK suffer, thanks to people bidding £3 per hour!!

Obviously this becomes less of a problem as you build up your trust and get glowing feedback, but it can be a very unwanted struggle when your just starting out.

Another huge problem with PPH is the buyers, they will post up jobs with little to no details, which makes finding work somewhat time consuming, I tend to ignore any jobs without sufficient information and with low financial expectations.

Finally, PPH offers no real invoice panel for accounting purposes, making the process of submitting your accounts extremely difficult. For a community of Open Source workers, you would think this is something everyone needs?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it at the beginning to bring in much needed work while you focus on building your brand and customer base, once you have feedback more and more people will contact you through PPH rather than you replying to their jobs and eventually you should not rely on it for work.

Of course if your happy with the fees and you can earn a decent amount and the work is easy to find and complete, by all means use it for everything - but that wasn't the direction we went.

PPH really helped at the beginning of our business, as a start-up we struggled to get the influx of new customers via Google or bulletin boards and forums, and word of mouth was slow or non-existent. Having a job board we could search through and put our-self out there to potential clients gave us a huge boost in terms of finding work and the potential of making contacts and earning money.

Eventually though we use it far less due to charges we need not to pay working with our clients directly, so now we hardly apply or do any work through the platform and instead focus on word of mouth and customers through open platforms such as google search.

PeoplePerHour.com review by Ben  U.
Ben U.

"Hidden fees away! The prices are ok. Community seems good. Business practices not so much. "

What do you like best?

The selection of options is really the only decent part. Also, the theme design is pretty good. Easy enough to use.

What do you dislike?

The 10% hidden fee they don't tell you about. Even on the checkout page. I understand if they are adding a processing fee. However, that should be like 3-4%, not 10%.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you know costs are 10% hirer then you expect.

Hire contractors for specific skill-based tasks.

PeoplePerHour.com review by User in Internet

"Great for generating work for freelancers"

What do you like best?

The dashboard is easy on the eye and showcases all the open jobs you currently have as well as the current workstreams you have open. It's all in one place and very easy to navigate

What do you dislike?

The Support team are not the best as they appear to have difficulty understanding your problem and do not help you as much as they can. Also, there isn't a phone number to call if you wanted to talk to someone over the phone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for freelancers to work with, definitely give PoeplePerHour.com some consideration, but be warned, if you have an issue the Support team may not help you as well as they can.

We are getting a good use out of PeoplePerHour.com where we can find techies all over the world who can collaborate with us on a project and get things done. It benefits our company by saving us a lot of time and resources.

PeoplePerHour.com review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Good for finding freelancers, bad for handling problems"

What do you like best?

PeoplePerHour in essence, is an extremely useful platform which helps users find someone to do a job for them easily, and the website is very easy to use. It's quick to post a job and the messaging system is well organised and works very well.

What do you dislike?

When you have an issue with PPH, they are not the best at responding to your queries. Cases don't get solved easily and are often escalated, so you are waiting on a response for a while. In other instances, you might be waiting a week just to get an initial response!

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for a quick job to be done, at a good price, then I would definitely recommend PeoplePerHour.com as it does make the journey of finding a freelancer and getting the job done quick and easy.

We were spending a lot of money on translators and found that by using freelancers instead, we were able to significantly cut costs down.

PeoplePerHour.com review by User in Animation
User in Animation

"A great platform to network and grow business for any freelancer"

What do you like best?

Compared to job site, job boards, and other freelancer sites I have tried in the past, I've found that PPH is very streamlined and much easier to work with. I really like that there are no certification quizes, I understand why similar sites include this but I personally never liked this feature as I've earned my BA(hons) at University and as a qualified professional, I believe my work speaks for itself.

What do you dislike?

Since starting my business, I've been told my prices are quite cheap for the quality of work I do and the hours I put in.

I've come to realise that PPH has had a lot to do with how I defined my prices very early on and as such, the majority of jobs on there are normally quite low budget, which is understandable due to a lot of the buyers being individuals and start ups as opposed to larger businesses.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend PPH to all my fellow artists, freelancers, and creatives.

Regardless of how much money I've made per job, it's got a great community to network in and it's done wonders for my business so far, I've gained a lot of experience and made some potentially valuable clients.

Although my prices have been driven down while using this service, the flip side of this is that I've networked with a lot of clients and received some great feed back and customer ratings, which makes my business much more trustworthy to customers overall.

Currently, I'm receiving regular offers for better funded jobs and I feel it's almost given me the confirmation that it's time I expand my business and upped my prices a bit.

PeoplePerHour.com review by Bob Patrick O.
Bob Patrick O.

"WORK FROM HOME"

What do you like best?

Quick Job and hire someone to work for you in convenient time, its ideals of sharing talents and earn from it, such a powerful tool more than freelancers!!

What do you dislike?

Am not kinda sure about my dislikes so far am seeing everything is moving on well may be in mean time, but as for now all is well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

People who look for freelancers should just come here and work for some few hours and get paid for it, or if your looking for someone with different experience which you don't have and you want your work to be done, you can just bring it in and it will be done for you just like that, and you can also earn for your experience, its a place full of innovative ideas.

PeoplePerHour.com review by Project Team Member in Environmental Services
Project Team Member in Environmental Services

"PPH is very smooth and efficient. There is no pressure and buyer is totally in control of the proces"

What do you like best?

Really nice system, and friendly people on it. I really like the platform and I think it functions really well. It is close to perfect. The only times I felt frustrated was when I could not get answers I needed from customer support. I think it was one particular person who would just avoid answering my question... but that's only a small thing and apart from that it is really perfect. Always had good service. Fast, efficient, simple and with skilled people available on demand. Why wouldn't I choose 10?

What do you dislike?

In general I am very satisfied from PeoplePerHour. I believe it is the best freelance website. But I would like an idea that emphasizes the good developers than others that give fixed/same answers. Also the top cert is difficult to be achieved if you are a single person.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good Service! Because I swear by it.

PeoplePerHour.com review by Mundube M.
Mundube M.

"Another Freelancer!!!"

What do you like best?

Working on-line has never been so easy till people per hour break the joints to make it happen, i love the ideas where you can post a job and see it get done and also work for other people as well and make a buck!!

What do you dislike?

Sometimes delay in response but its going on well so far so no much problems

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your looking for real freelancer then you got a better part by joining people per hours and make some dime and post your tough work which has been keeping you too busy, it will just get done in an hours!!

PeoplePerHour.com review by Duncan G.
Duncan G.

"Fine at first then they stole my money"

What do you like best?

Needed a welsh translation, and found one through them

What do you dislike?

I left some funds in the account for a future job and they emptied my account without warning. I tried to resolve through customer support. they couldn't be less interested.

Recommendations to others considering the product

AVOID

Before they stole from me, it was a useful place to find a bespoke service, but there are other options out there that do the same and so far have not stolen from me. AVOID

PeoplePerHour.com review by Project Manager in Railroad Manufacture
Project Manager in Railroad Manufacture

"PPH is a platform where i found all in one place."

What do you like best?

The site is highly populated with talent to assist me in expediting my projects. The site includes employee contracts that include other benefits such as, for instance, copyrights automatically belong to the me, the contracting agent. Peopleperhour cares about the delivered job's quality, all projects are guaranteed to 100% satisfaction;, I can feel the big responsibility of the support team on this website, both clients and freelancers are equal in both support and opportunities.

I love Peoplperhour! Because I think pph really works.

What do you dislike?

I think your platform is quite good for freelancers looking for jobs. I'm yet to get hired but I have gotten a few invites so far.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Excellent work and understanding of our very specific brief, would highly recommend!

Learning about PeoplePerHour.com?

* We monitor all PeoplePerHour.com reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.