PeoplePerHour.com

PeoplePerHour.com is a marketplace connecting small businesses and freelancers all over the world in a trusted environment where they buy and sell services to each other.

Work for PeoplePerHour.com?
Skyword review  2x

Learning about PeoplePerHour.com?

PeoplePerHour.com Reviews

Ask PeoplePerHour.com a Question
Showing 14 PeoplePerHour.com reviews
PeoplePerHour.com review by <span>Erna N.</span>
Erna N.

Here you can find a worker for an hour or two

What do you like best?

Here you can easily find the right employee for any task. Whether it's design, software development, business help or simply administration. You can always solve any problem. Not a bad description of the capabilities of the employee, you can quickly choose whom to provide work. For the employer, the site is easy to use.

What do you dislike?

I had problems with payment, as there are hidden fees. Support is not the best, at first they simply did not answer, and then answered that they can not help. There was a problem when a person did not do my job, but the money was not returned to me but was credited to the PPH account. It's not fair.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for freelancers you definitely should try PPH.

This service helps us to find freelancers for different monotonous works. We do not force our personnel to engage in routine and allow the freelancers to carry out these tasks. Also, we are looking for workers from other countries, this allows us to cut our expenses.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about PeoplePerHour.com
PeoplePerHour.com review by <span>Tyson A.</span>
Tyson A.

A good platform for freelancers and employers.

What do you like best?

This platform is very easy to use. Unlike other job sites, PeoplePerHour is much easier to work with. I like the filter system, thanks to which I can enter the desired parameters, and see the suggestions that are most suitable for me. Quick publication and feedback and then you already earn yourself a rating.

What do you dislike?

The support service does not always react quickly to requests. I would like to receive more applications for work during the month for free. I also do not like the competition among freelancers, because many of them very much underestimate the value of my work, exposing too low bid rates.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I can recommend this service if you are a freelancer and you need to quickly find a job. You can find regular customers here. But, be careful - study the feedback on the employer, so as not to have problems with it in the future. If you have a business and you have a need for some services from time to time - find a freelancer through PeoplePerHour. You get quality work and can save!

In our company, we used the services of other organizations to perform certain services. And this increased the cost of our products, because it was quite expensive for us. By hiring freelancers for this job, we were able to obtain significant savings. I myself, sometimes I work as a freelancer. And I was able to get a few good offers from PeoplePerHour at a good price.

What Freelance Platforms solution do you use?

PeoplePerHour.com review by <span>Sophia B.</span>
Sophia B.

So Helpful

What do you like best?

I like that it's It helps me to connect freelancers, businesses, partners who need work done in a super fast way without no need to put it in high costs.

What do you dislike?

Nothing special. sometimes I have delay in reply but its going on well so far so no much problems. Not so big deal to be sad on that software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I really recommend it to you. Perfect work and understanding of our very particular brief. Will be really nice to work with this. You will feel how fast its can be.

We are enjoy a good use out of PeoplePerHour where we can find techies all over the world who can cooperate with us on a project and get things done.Well done to it.

PeoplePerHour.com review by <span>Damien S.</span>
Damien S.

Helpful software for freelancers

What do you like best?

It helps connect freelancers to businesses or partners who need work done in a quick manner without the need to put it in extortionate costs.

What do you dislike?

It's not easy to navigate and use the payment process, there's hidden fees to look out for and PPH will take some of your money if you keep it in the wallet and aren't inactive for a while.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would use PeoplePerHour with caution as although it is a good tool to have, watch out for hidden fees and be careful who you get in touch with as well. If you put money in the escrow to a seller who doesn't do the job, you won't get a refund, rather your money goes into your PPH wallet to use on another job. Just be wary.

PeoplePerHour helps us get in touch with freelancers who can do small jobs for us at a fraction of the price. Instead of speaking to other businesses and going through the process of negotiating a price and dealing with meetings, PPH is an easy tool that helps us get the job done.

PeoplePerHour.com review by <span>Odette B.</span>
Odette B.

Not sure this is the best option for me

What do you like best?

To expand my freelance career I decided to create a profile on People Per Hour. They do seem to feature jobs with pay rates that are higher than most of the more popular freelance sites, but there are some limitations.

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately, I was not very happy with my experience on this site, and at this time I have a few complaints.

1. Not the most user-friendly in terms of the initial setup. I get that I have to put my best foot forward with a great bio, but adding the video, hourlies and all the other things took forever. I felt like I was going around in circles.

2. Low number of bids available for the free account. With the free membership, I could only bid on 15 jobs per month. If I wanted to bid on more jobs I would have to buy more bids. I have always been wary of platforms that charge you to look for work, and then charge you again once you have received and completed said job.

3. Hourlies - This seems like an easy way to advertised fixed price services that you offer, but it is not realistic to pre-quote for jobs without not knowing what the clients have in mind to get done. There is potential for serious underpricing with this feature.

4. Having to pay a deposit when submitting proposals.

5. Information required in order to add a bank account for withdrawals. I was not comfortable with some of the details requested, thus I chose another withdrawal method. In the long run, I would end up paying more in service fees.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It did not work for me.

If you have the patience and enjoy making videos (for every job application) then this might be the right fit for you.

Finding additional clients for freelance admin services.

No benefits were realized

PeoplePerHour.com review by User in Internet

Helped me get our business off the ground... Lacking in some areas though.

What do you like best?

I love how PPH is a easy place to search for work relating to your skills, its easy to filter jobs down to see which jobs you may have the right skills to pursue. And then placing bids and contacting the job is fairly easy and straight forward.

Another benefit is the fact that if you are a bit wary of people taking advantage and not paying, their escrow services gives you a little piece of mind that you will at least get some of the money if for some reason things go south.

Additionally as you get feedback and provide your legitimacy, people start to draw to you through the search engine just because of your good feedback which brings you even more work.

What do you dislike?

There are a few annoyances with PPH which really let it down, the most obvious problem is commission, for someone starting out and bidding low for work it becomes a real problem when you then have fees coming out of your earnings driving your pay even lower.

The second problem and possibly the biggest is that this is a worldwide community, and in some countries people can work for far less and enjoy the benefits whereas people in more expensive countries such as the UK suffer, thanks to people bidding £3 per hour!!

Obviously this becomes less of a problem as you build up your trust and get glowing feedback, but it can be a very unwanted struggle when your just starting out.

Another huge problem with PPH is the buyers, they will post up jobs with little to no details, which makes finding work somewhat time consuming, I tend to ignore any jobs without sufficient information and with low financial expectations.

Finally, PPH offers no real invoice panel for accounting purposes, making the process of submitting your accounts extremely difficult. For a community of Open Source workers, you would think this is something everyone needs?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it at the beginning to bring in much needed work while you focus on building your brand and customer base, once you have feedback more and more people will contact you through PPH rather than you replying to their jobs and eventually you should not rely on it for work.

Of course if your happy with the fees and you can earn a decent amount and the work is easy to find and complete, by all means use it for everything - but that wasn't the direction we went.

PPH really helped at the beginning of our business, as a start-up we struggled to get the influx of new customers via Google or bulletin boards and forums, and word of mouth was slow or non-existent. Having a job board we could search through and put our-self out there to potential clients gave us a huge boost in terms of finding work and the potential of making contacts and earning money.

Eventually though we use it far less due to charges we need not to pay working with our clients directly, so now we hardly apply or do any work through the platform and instead focus on word of mouth and customers through open platforms such as google search.

Learning about PeoplePerHour.com?

* We monitor all PeoplePerHour.com reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.