PeopleSoft Campus Solutions

Oracle's comprehensive Campus Solutions suite alleviates higher education's requirements for a student system, enabling the transformation to a global campus.

Work for PeopleSoft Campus Solutions?

Learning about PeopleSoft?

PeopleSoft Campus Solutions Reviews

Showing 73 PeopleSoft reviews
PeopleSoft review by <span>Shannon H.</span>
Shannon H.

"Not the Most Intuitive. Just Okay. "

What do you like best?

I like that it is web based so I can access it from any computer.

What do you dislike?

I do not like how archaic looking it is. It looks like something from the days of Netscape in 1997. Also, it has its glitches. Sometimes, for no reason, it will just go back to a previous page and all of my unsaved data entry is gone. I wish you could see your most recently viewed accounts from a drop down menu like you can in Microsoft CRM. Also, I wish you could enter just the name of a client when looking up items on their account. Some items you can only look the client up by their Empl ID and quite often the client does not know their Empl ID. It adds another step for me and slows the transaction down when I have to look up their Empl ID first.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have used Microsoft CRM and Campus Connect, which were a little bit more intuitive in regards to workflow queues and being able to retrieve recent records. However, Campus Connection does what I need it to. Just in a bit more cumbersome manor and a little bit more dated format. One thing I do like is that it is similar to Microsoft CRM in that it is web based so I can access it almost anywhere. I do wish it was more mobile friendly though.

I use the software on at a state university and it allows me to help students with course advisement. It is nice that I and the students I work with have access to the same software and can see the same exact thing. I like that even if I receive an email at home from a student, I can help them from home.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about PeopleSoft Campus Solutions
PeopleSoft review by <span>Nancy P.</span>
Nancy P.

"Great System for personnel administration"

What do you like best?

It is easy to use once you know how the system works. I had been using this system for more than 10 years and I do not have any complaints.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing to dislike about this system but probably companies do not get the whole package or more services like doing payroll on PeopleSoft so it is not good when payroll and the personnel administration is not the same system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I am not sure about the price but it could not be very affordable if the company is not buying all the services or most of the services that PeopleSoft is offering. When I was at Bloomingdale's and using PeopleSoft, we did not had other services like we do have right now at Stanford and vice versa.

It is so easy to hire people in the system and keep their data information on one place.

What Higher Education Student Information Systems solution do you use?

PeopleSoft review by <span>Stacey U.</span>
Stacey U.

"Not the most user friendly, but it's okay... "

What do you like best?

I like that all the different functions can be found on one easy-to-read menu and that the menu never changes. That's important for a tool that is used several times a day!

What do you dislike?

I dislike that this product, even with the customizations for my institution isn't very intuitive. It's not easy to figure things out on your own if there's an update. The fact that my institution has to provide training sessions for simple updates is not very efficient.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great product and the ability to customize is amazing. I am unfamiliar with price point or support solutions, but I expect they are pretty good.

This product allows us to keep all our student academic records and billing records in one location that is fairly easy to use. Only one universal login is needed to access multiple platforms, which is a great benefit when trying to manage several pieces of data at a time for different students or academic functions.

PeopleSoft review by <span>David A.</span>
David A.

"Avoid PeopleSoft For Campuses"

What do you like best?

I teach computer science classes and PeopleSoft makes a wonderful familiar case study of everything WRONG in a product. Very helpful to be able to refer to it as an example to my students.

What do you dislike?

Where to begin? The interface has the feel of a combination Web 1.0 with 1970s bi-synch technology. The security model is extremely coarse. As a professor I can access names, birthdates, addresses, transcripts and the last 4-digits of SSNs of all 20K+ students in my university-- students whom I have nothing to do with (not in my classes, my particular campus, my discipline). Extremely inflexible. When it was introduced the entire university had to renumber its courses because it was incapable of handling alphanumeric strings to identify courses. The list goes on and on. Navigation is impossible and counter-intuitive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This system derives from ERP solutions for very large multinational corporations. It may well be a decent solution in that area, I don't know. But it is poorly retrofitted for universities. Choose software that was designed for the universities from the ground up, even if it may not be as seemingly comprehensive.

My university has used (very inappropriately) this product for all its business and academic administration. The cost in terms of personnel exodus, overtime, middle management and administrative morale has been awful.

PeopleSoft review by <span>Carlita D.</span>
Carlita D.

"Just Started Using System"

What do you like best?

What I liked best about it is from a student perspective is that I can register for more than one college within the Los Angeles Community College District from one screen. Also I am able to request my transcripts from more than one college on one screen. Also, when it comes to registering for classes, I can search and save the classes I want in a shopping cart to be able to go back to when I am ready to register for my classes.

What do you dislike?

Just learning the system and it is not so cut and dry from an employee perspective. It takes a lot of training in order to become very functional in using it from an employee stand point. It is more user friendly from a student perspective than an employee standpoint.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend that you implement a complete study of everything you want your system to do prior to implementation of the software. Make sure that it can cover your exception cases prior to implementation. Make sure that everything your prior system could do, it can do that and enhance on what you are used to receiving in service and performance.

It has streamlined the process for our Student Information System for students to enroll in multiple campuses within the district. It has

PeopleSoft review by <span>Chelsea O.</span>
Chelsea O.

"Efficient Design"

What do you like best?

I like that you can select all students to apply a grade or an absence, etc. without having to do each student individually.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that you cannot export student grades and information into an excel spreadsheet or document that allows you to edit when necessary.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think it is great at a university level for prompt communication with students. It is user friendly and intuitive but lacks a good way to export information rather than taking a screenshot. I really like the email feature, it is a great way to connect with students about a grade being posted, a class being cancelled or moved, and any other urgent needs.

Peoplesoft is a great grading system and efficient for adding or dropping students at a college level. Benefits include real time changes, so the student can see when you have changed a grade or absence, and it allows you to send out emails to all students or certain students.

PeopleSoft review by User in Higher Education

"Peoplesoft frustrates more than it helps"

What do you like best?

I like that there is an option to bookmark frequently visited pages, but the book marks don't dig down deep enough. For instance, I frequently need to look at the schedule of English classes. But I cannot save the search of English classes. I can just save the search page and every single time I have to re-do the search. What a waste of time.

What do you dislike?

Continuing with the schedule, in order to see how many students are registered in a section one has to click on that section which is another waste of time. Each section has a blue square meaning full and a green circle meaning not full. Why can't the number of students be shown instead or in addition? And to top it off, the number of students is shown so low that one has to scroll each time to see it.

Other problems or issues are that things change or disappear on the schedule for no apparent reason. I am focused on the schedule because that is the most bothersome part of it. Peoplesoft seems to have a mind of its own and even when humans make a change it somehow changes back or changes to something else on its own. This is our perception at least as users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Find something else.

We are not really solving any problems with it. It is causing more problems than it solves. We look on it as a bother and nobody likes it.

PeopleSoft review by User in Higher Education

"Works Good For What it is, Could Be Better"

What do you like best?

PeopleSoft Campus Solutions works well as a student information system. It allows university and colleges to house information on current and prospective students, and can manage all application materials. PeopleSoft allows university administrators to build queries to run reports when need, communicate about financial aid awards, and allows staff members to monitor student progress.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally, PeopleSoft will randomly stop work, and you will lose all information you were working on, so I recommend saving your work frequently. PeopleSoft is also not the most user-friendly student information systems. The new update did improve its aesthetic appeal though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a product that allows customization based on campus needs, you should consider PeopleSoft Campus Solutions. Training on how to use various components of the system is encouraged.

PeopleSoft allows me to see if a student is enrolled at the university. It also allows the Office of the Registrar to run reports on recent graduates for my office to communicate with them about their post-graduation plans.

PeopleSoft review by <span>Rob W.</span>
Rob W.

"PeopleSoft Campus Solutions does a lot of things ... which is a double-edged sword "

What do you like best?

PeopleSoft can be a ane-stop shop for a whole bunch of needs, from accounting and payroll to accounts receivable and expenses.

What do you dislike?

Because you can do so much in PeopleSoft, when it goes down it can bring your whole organization to a halt.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider really carefully how much you want to add to it, because if or when it would go down, you will also lose access to that information.

We use it across the university for an enormous range of things, but it's most useful to me as a portal to do payroll, expense reporting and reimbursement, and track timesheet for my employees. But you can also have a wide variety of integrations with other systems.

"PeopleSoft for Finance"

What do you like best?

I enjoy that it is able to cross so many different areas of one educational institution. We use it currently for finance and accounts payable, but are looking at moving towards implementing the Human Resources aspect, which would make life so much easier when verifying employees.

What do you dislike?

It is extremely hard to learn and is not an intuitive interface. Most employees here at the university have needed several months of intense training and a lot of hands-on examples before they can actually grasp how the program works. It would help if the visuals were more graphic and friendly. I know it sounds silly, but light colors and vague buttons like the little gray drop-down arrow really do make it difficult when trying to explain to someone how to go through the steps of completing a requisition, for instance. It would help if the graphics were larger and more colorful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a very complex interface, but it is very much worth the time and effort learning it. Vendors also love it. It makes it easy to go from department to department in the purchasing process without having to leave your office.

We are able to process requsitions, POs, payment requests, vendor information, requester information, etc. all in one place, whereas before, we had several different systems that we had to work in between in order to achieve all of the data we needed to process business.

PeopleSoft review by <span>Tiffanesha W.</span>
Tiffanesha W.

"Functional Solution for Human Resource Services"

What do you like best?

I like that Oracle PeopleSoft allows consumers to be able to access their human resources account, which allows them to keep track of their hours, pay stubs, tax information, and other human resource needs.

What do you dislike?

Before a recent software update, I could only open up myHR (on the Oracle Peoplesoft platform) using Internet Explorer. Now, the software is compatible with all web browsers. For the two years before the software update, using the program was inconvenient when trying to assess the site using a computer without Internet Explorer. Also, the recent update makes assessing myHR on mobile devices easier, than they were prior to the update. Given that the update has rectified these issues, there is not anything I dislike about the program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If the goal is to find a secure electronic means of documenting human resource materials such as pay stubs, logging hours, transmitting tax information, and the like, I would highly recommend employing Peoplesoft Campus Solutions.

The PeopleSoft Campus Solutions allows me to login to myHR from any locations, and remembers my information for ease of access. PeopleSoft also provides high security of confidential information, such as tax information.

PeopleSoft review by Administrator

"Best Application for Higher Education Institutions"

What do you like best?

PeopleSoft Campus Solutions, is an end to end solution for Colleges/Universities and all Higher Education Institutions. It has the most advanced features to meet the requirements across various regions. Application is flexible enough to meet any kind of the requirement. Latest version has the features of fluid pages, mobile compatibility, self service etc., User friendly application.

What do you dislike?

At times it can be difficult to navigate within the application if you don't remember the navigation. There need to be some more work flow features to meet the requirements.

Student and the Admin staff will have the same data access. Most of the complicated reports can be generated at the click of a button. Saves time. Data in multi language helps the users to see the data in their native language.

PeopleSoft review by <span>Dale C.</span>
Dale C.

"8 Years on Peoplesoft"

What do you like best?

The amount of information that can be captured about your students and organized in a manner that can assist all departments involved in making good business decisions.

What do you dislike?

Relying on Oracle system administrators to do all updates and handle any problems that may occur. Sometimes you feel a little helpless and too reliant on the vendor.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It takes A LOT to implement, but once it's in it does make life easier.

Getting off proprietary software and multiple 'ghost databases' has been the biggest benefit. When everyone works out of the same system, it's much easier to maintain control of your data.

PeopleSoft review by <span>Becca G.</span>
Becca G.

"Well, it's better than Atari..."

What do you like best?

I like that there are Campus records (enrollment, academics) as well as Human Resources elements within one system.

What do you dislike?

It is not easy to navigate and there isn't an effective search function.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are probably some choices that a campus's IT department can make that would help the product's layout flow a bit better, I'm not sure. If so, be prepared to have a team spend time on this element to eliminate some employee frustration.

I use it for generating transcripts, looking up student contact info, accessing and approving payroll.

PeopleSoft review by <span>Iqbal A.</span>
Iqbal A.

"Oracle Peoplesoft is reliable and user friendly"

What do you like best?

The login is simple and the portal is very straightforward. The login can be tied into your organization login id if you already have one. The system is very simple with links you can click on and drop down menus.

What do you dislike?

The fonts can be improved and the drop down menu sometimes are a bit hard to find (navigation). It has a very old school feel to it. I think the way it looks can be modified.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a very simple system that can be easily learned by the users. Its been tested and implemented by numerous companies, universities, and government agencies.

I am using it to look up student records and to keep up with my own employee time sheets, approvals, past records and other useful information.

PeopleSoft review by <span>Timothy S.</span>
Timothy S.

"Optimal system for the HR department"

What do you like best?

This application has eased personnel management. The employee details get consolidated into one system. It facilitated working with time attendance, overtime, and all this was reflected on the payroll The system is reliable and works seamlessly on Oracle servers. The database is highly secure.

What do you dislike?

We went through a long process detailing our business requirements and then customizing the application to support these needs.

But once this stage is over, the application would payoff and facilitate all the tedious work at the HR department.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I do recommend to request a demo or have a presentation by Oracle presales consultant to match your business requirements with the application's capabilities.

This application eased the HR functions from hiring to time control, employee history and payroll.

PeopleSoft review by <span>Fostina C.</span>
Fostina C.

"Data and More Data "

What do you like best?

When I first started using this program, I was completely lost as to how to maneuver around the various layers of forms. With time everything gets easier. I have enjoyed using how much information can be stored in this program.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the save option can be confusing. It still has some knacks that need to be refined.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Upgrade to a more refined product

Connections to all departments. Anyone can upload information to a student file. There's less need for running to various departments and handing ff completed files.

PeopleSoft review by <span>Rob G.</span>
Rob G.

"Peoplesoft Review"

What do you like best?

There wasn't a whole lot I liked about PeopleSoft honestly. Possibly the first layer of the user interface, but once you got deeper into, it got convoluted.

What do you dislike?

Complicated path ways and process flows that didn't make logical sense. It was also susceptible to a lot of bugs, errors, and crashing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would try and seek out other solutions and programs first and use this as a last resort. Things may have changed since I last used it, but it was not an impressive product.

It was a tool to organize all of our student body, enrollments, schedules, classes, statuses, etc. One benefit is some of the information and vital data was organized, but not a lot of it.

PeopleSoft review by User in Information Technology and Services

"PeopleSoft Campus Solutions UI Needs Work"

What do you like best?

The backend has robust features and allows for plenty of customizations. It can do almost anything you would need it to after customizations. It lets you get things done as a student and can keep all of these things organized for the institution.

What do you dislike?

The problem is the UI is dated. The latest and greatest UI on 9.2 doesn't look all that great either. They are only modernizing certain parts of the application and that leaves end users with the short end of the stick. Students want a mobile first application to access in class and on the go. Giving students an experience that they will enjoy is not really possible with Campus Solutions without using a 3rd party vendor. The mobile experience needs a lot of work if you want the younger generation to enjoy using it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend learning to navigate the product before using it. Can be confusing.

Applying for classes, picking housing, filing forms and removing holds on my accounts. Use was as a student and I had to do many things inside of the application. It lets you see everything in one place, and that is extremely beneficial for students and parents.

"Straightforward System"

What do you like best?

It is an easy to use system in which I am able to access all the programs required for me to use at my job. I love that I can organize the icons in whatever order I choose.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see a better mobile version such as an cell phone app in which I can open the site and the icons I need.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very convenient when using it for work environments that have large quantities of employees.

Every employer at the university I work in uses PeopleSoft so it makes things easier for everyone since we are all on the same system.

"Useful, customizable "

What do you like best?

I like that PeopleSoft worked with our campus to create multiple programs for our specific needs. I work the most in a program called TRAX, a financial management software.

What do you dislike?

Although the program is customizable, I wish there were customizations that individual users could make. For example, I use different facets of the program than one of my co-workers, it would be nice to be able to hide those screen options since I don't use them. I also wish that the program was more intuitive when working in the financial side, although I went through the training, I still need to rely on my training guides.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would absolutely recommend PeopleSoft Campus Solutions. I am part of a large university and although the program takes a little getting used to, they have great software and it has made our work load more efficient, as it reduces the time it takes to process our financial matters.

As a large university, we have a lot of financial matters that need to be submitted/changed/recorded, etc. in each campus department. This program solves a lot of issues we had previously with paperwork, by allowing us to have a comprehensive electronic system, where we can submit budget changes and track financial matters.

"oracle review"

What do you like best?

oracle is attached to our employee accounts. so my email account and peoplesoft are right there when I log in. I use it for pretty basic functions and for the most part I find it easy to navigate. It works for what we use it for.

What do you dislike?

It may be the way we have it set up, but the font is really small. Everything is kind of on one side of the screen crammed together and the font is tiny. Everything looks really basic which is fine but it could definitely look a little more lively. And there are a lot of pathways to get to what I want. This may be the way the university has it set, but I sometimes have to click 5-6 links to view one item.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It helps when there's one person in the office who is an expert. I don't feel as though everyone needs to know every single in and out of the program. I know my basic functions and then when I need help i go to the person who knows it the best.

No business problems on my end since I'm just a user. Benefits are each employee has their own log in and our sensitive information is secure. Again we have it set so it's really easily accessible to each employee, just like an email account.

"Campus Solutions Review"

What do you like best?

You are able to save favorites and access all student information in one software. You can review a student's individual profile with one user login which is very easy and efficient

What do you dislike?

You have to memorize some of the shortcuts to access information. In addition, the graphics and modes aren't too easy or user friendly. You are not able to easily access the information that you need; for instance, if you have to see a student's application for admission and grades information, you have to complete the tasks separately and then review. There is no way to see all the information at once.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider using other CRM software, Peoplesoft is very bland and can't be customized. Its not easy to learn and everyone wants an easy system that doesn't take months to learn and implement

All of our personnel at the university have access to the same information at the same time; we do not have to wait for one department or individual to log out to access or make updates; those with access are able to make updates and everything is live and realtime.

PeopleSoft review by <span>Michael B.</span>
Michael B.

"A do it all system"

What do you like best?

I like that we can use this for our finance, human-resources, class scheduling, cashiering, and many other options.

What do you dislike?

It is sometimes difficult to maneuver around, and since it is our only interface, if it goes down it is crippling.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take your time and learn how to navigate the system. It is difficult at times.

Uses include student records, my own her records, past records. Grades, progress toward degree, etc.

PeopleSoft review by User in Insurance
User in Insurance

"PeopleSoft Software Review"

What do you like best?

PeopleSoft Campus Solutions offers great flexibility and offering for a number of users, such as individual students, faculty, professors, and even student organizations. We used PeopleSoft in my department primarily for its Financial capabilties.

What do you dislike?

The PeopleSoft Campus Solutions is a pretty complicated product and we only used it for a specific function, so more training and educational resources would be nice.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For university administrators, I would consider assessing all the different capabilities of the software. Our department primarily used this software for a specific purpose, but it would be great to gather more value from the product.

Our university Student Affairs office utilized PeopleSoft Campus Solution to manage budgets and financial transactions involving student clubs and organizations (both graduate and undergraduate). It allowed our department to issue P-cards and monitor the financial activity of hundreds of Treasurers.

PeopleSoft review by User in Media Production
User in Media Production

"Can be difficult to navigate... "

What do you like best?

I use it to keep track of student information, check their classes, status, and judicial management. I appreciate that I can do all of that with 1 program. I also know that it can do tons more but what I use it for it is very helpful.

What do you dislike?

At times it can be difficult to navigate and not as user friendly as I would like. At times it feels outdated and feel that it could use a facelift.

Recommendations to others considering the product

n/a

I am not sure that I am solving any problems but I do think that there are plenty of benefits. It is a great way for my colleagues and I to share information and keep up with students on one program. For judicial management, we can keep track of student files easier. When it comes to the financial piece and checking my own budgets, I appreciate that I can see them in one area but there are a few too many steps to get to that information.

"Peoplesoft review"

What do you like best?

It is so user friendly. It is easy to use and easy to navigate. I used it during my college and it is always updated. Every college needs this. The system is stable and just lovely!! Would recommend it anytime. It is super awesome !

What do you dislike?

Few glitches here and there. I feel it should log you out directly. It says you are still logged in even though you have logged out. It just doesnt make sense sometimes. Also, It was down a couple of times during this semester which was a bummer, But Its okay I guess.

Recommendations to others considering the product

go for it!

College updates, payroll. It is super easy to use

PeopleSoft review by <span>Kristi H.</span>
Kristi H.

"Effective way to manage student information"

What do you like best?

I like being able to customize favorites based on which functions are most often used.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that you cannot use the back arrow in the browser.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to learn all the features. The system is capable of more than you might think.

I mostly use PeopleSoft Campus Solutions to track student enrollment, academic progress, faculty advisor assignments, and class permissions.

PeopleSoft review by <span>Benjamin H.</span>
Benjamin H.

"Overall it has what you need"

What do you like best?

It has everything you need in terms of operating a higher education student platform.

What do you dislike?

The design has improved but it can still take some time to get used to how to maneuver the various options.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Continue to make it user friendly.

Our campus is able to perform all HR, finance, payroll matters all in one succinct system.

PeopleSoft review by <span>Dr Julie B.</span>
Dr Julie B.

"PeopleSoft"

What do you like best?

As an ERP system, it is supposed to be a good one, and maybe it is, maybe the problem is that I have seen it implemented not well at my current employer

What do you dislike?

The back end set up seems to not be implemented correctly. We have some situations where the users (students) are not able to get a name change done because of something in the database files not working. IN the age of ERP today, that just seems inconceivable that an ERP system could implemented as such and not give the capability to someone in the organization to do this for the student

Recommendations to others considering the product

How a product is implemented, MATTERS - if you can be a super user, I would recommend it

As best I can tell, this system interacts with our canvas shell, however students are not able to see in one place all of their requirements to graduation AND the remaining courses they need to take. Again, I am not sure that is a PoepleSoft problem, I think it is an internal administration issue

PeopleSoft review by User in Higher Education

"Helps me login multiple college app from one id"

What do you like best?

The peoplesoft software helps me login all my univerity apps just with a single id and password. Thus, it is very useful and easy to use. All I need to do is create a single sign in.

What do you dislike?

The most distracting thing about people soft is , the software doesnt remember my id and pasword on mobile devices.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would strongly recommend this software to other organizations.

I am logging in multiple accounts by using this software. The software works very smooth and never have I ever been disrupted while doing some work using this software.

Administrator in Higher Education

"Good interface, slow execution"

What do you like best?

It is easy to use and has a simple user interface. All of the information I need is right in front of me, and with proper training on this software it is super easy to get around and find whatever you're looking for.

What do you dislike?

I find the program to lag a lot when I use it, and wait times for running inquiries are a little longer than I would like them to be.

I'm mostly using the software to run reports, input payroll and manage my own account. It is a great multi-faceted tool that I use daily at work.

PeopleSoft review by User in Restaurants
User in Restaurants

"A decent system, but I prefer BANNER. "

What do you like best?

It works great for quick searches and helping you find records the first time. It's great for locating duplicate records and for showing historical changes to records.

What do you dislike?

The interface seems quite dated in both display and features. It would be nice it default fields were easier to update. The reporting capabilities are just got as good as the Banner system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Test both Peoplesoft and Banner before deciding.

While I am finding it helpful for day-to-day operations, I wish reporting capabilities were enhanced.

"Not user friendly"

What do you like best?

I like that it's a place for employees to have a more direct interaction with a seemingly invisible HR.

What do you dislike?

Everything else. It's not user friendly and it doesn't work half the time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

don't. There are some wonderful programs out there like stack and that hashtag one that have a better of idea of how people communicate and use their time effectively that will better organize company employees.

I tend to troubleshoot users and help them navigate the website.

PeopleSoft review by User in Higher Education

"Needs more degree audit features."

What do you like best?

Peoplesoft is relatively easy to use. The titles of each category makes it simple to find exactly what you are looking for.

What do you dislike?

There are two formats I use frequently; the advisor view and the student view. It would be extremely beneficial to have these combined into one user.

I use Peoplesoft to determine where students are in their degrees and how many classes they have until graduation.

"Does what it needs to"

What do you like best?

Campus Solutions manages a great deal of information for a great deal of users, on a large scale. theres a lot going on, and its able to be customized to me the needs of our organization.

What do you dislike?

The high level of customization is a double edged sward. Sometimes we build too many complex and competing processes into the system, and it makes things faulty or not as user friendly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its part of a larger people soft solution that is not going to be relevant for those not managing a campus environment. does what it needs to but is an expensive adventure

Manage a University campus for people data and student records

Administrator in Higher Education

"Great tool to help students navigate class schedule"

What do you like best?

Academic requirements allow students to see everything that they need to satisfy for graduation.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was an instant tool that would allow them to see how their schedules would change if they changed their major.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you host tutorials for students as they learn to use the program. The scheduler isn't that great for students to actually use. Doesn't sync with our data.

I am helping students plan their courses as I am an academic advisor.

PeopleSoft review by User

"Great Software for Higher Education Institutions"

What do you like best?

I enjoy using PeopleSoft to add and track important student data, all in one software.

What do you dislike?

I think it is often hard for first time users to get the hang of it, but it is for sure useful once you understand how to navigate through various tabs. This of course may be different based on the higher education institution you work for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to do a tutorial or ask a colleague who is an expert at it to help you understand how to navigate the software properly and efficiently.

Organize and review data without any given problem. Add notes to student cases and forward these to other departments.

PeopleSoft review by <span>Samantha H.</span>
Samantha H.

"Great for bill paying and payroll"

What do you like best?

Can use it for payroll or for invoices and it works great

What do you dislike?

Nothing at all. It's been a great program and is easy to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Worth it.

One program for all of our financial needs.

PeopleSoft review by <span>Destinee W.</span>
Destinee W.

"Voucher and PayStub Information"

What do you like best?

I like the visualization of Pay Stub information

What do you dislike?

Not user friendly when going from screen to screen

Recommendations to others considering the product

Relinquishing some of the privacy capabilities

A hub where employees can view personal information and pay period information.

"Good Functional Software"

What do you like best?

It has tools and queries that make it easy to pull reports and manage information. It also has functionality that allows for mass application of tools/functions.

What do you dislike?

Currently, I do not have any dislikes of this software. It does what is needed and provides us with tools necessary to do our work.

We are managing student information and registration. We are able to register multiple students at one time instead of individually.

PeopleSoft review by User in Higher Education

"Practical with a few impractical qualities"

What do you like best?

PeopleSoft allows me to interact with student data in a variety of ways- I can pull queries, I can find student profiles and access their student centers (i.e. view what the student sees).

What do you dislike?

The log out function after 20 minutes (might be specific to my institution) because PeopleSoft remembers that I was logged off and I have to delete my cache.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure that you can have integration with your other systems- PeopleSoft works with SUNAPSIS and with payments from Wells Fargo.

Current student data storage. It is connected to their student portal so students can update their information and it will show in PeopleSoft for me.

PeopleSoft review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Higher Education
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Higher Education

"Decent "

What do you like best?

Campus solutions allows users to navigate with ease and customize system to meet business needs appropriately.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that the new GUI interface for CS 9.2 does not allow me to default to the Classic View. Now requires a quick, but annoying navigation after each login.

Recommendations to others considering the product

N/A

Campus allows our institution to enroll and track enrollment of our students; it is our Student Information System (SIS).

PeopleSoft review by <span>Bona B.</span>
Bona B.

"PeopleSoft at NC State"

What do you like best?

PeopleSoft is easy to navigate, which is very important in a University setting. In some departments, high turnover rates are prevalent, so new employees are constantly having to be trained. PeopleSoft is easy to learn, which makes training of new hires painless and fast.

What do you dislike?

PeopleSoft could be updated and given a more modern look and feel.

The University I work for needs a software that simplifies processing employee actions and financials. PeopleSoft benefits both the University and the employees by making this possible with little stress involved.

"Horrible"

What do you like best?

I like some of the features on the degree audit like showing when a course was taken.

What do you dislike?

EVERYTHING. This is a horribly counter intuitive system that requires 10 minutes for something that used to take us 1 minute. So many clicks and so many screens. We need a centralized system with everything in one place. Not to mention all of the issues we are encountering with completely incorrect degree audits.

Recommendations to others considering the product

AVOID AT ALL COSTS!

We needed a new student admin system. There are 0 benefits to this system.

"PeopleSoft Campus Solutions"

What do you like best?

The user interface is intuitive for veteran users. It takes a bit of time to get used to, but it is rewarding for veteran users

What do you dislike?

The learning curve is steeper than most software of its type

Recommendations to others considering the product

N/A

Oracle Peoplesoft reduces the work for our global transactions. It has cut down the amount of effort to process university transactions by a great deal.

PeopleSoft review by User in Higher Education

"Cumbersome for the data-impaired"

What do you like best?

From what I've seen, the sky is the limit when it comes to PeopleSoft - but you have to understand the program to the 9th to use it to its full capabilities.

What do you dislike?

Unless you're well versed in the computer science and data behind a CRM, it can sometimes be difficult to navigate. It all depends on how YOUR version of PeopleSoft was set up.

PeopleSoft was used to look up student records for my marketing campaigns. I no longer have direct access, but work with a data expert in our office to get the reporting that I need.

PeopleSoft review by User in Higher Education

"Peoplesoft is an extremely robust, customizable tool that is essential to our success."

What do you like best?

The customization of queries per end user, and the integrations we have set up with all of our other products and services have helped tremendously in streamlining our admission process.

What do you dislike?

The user interface took a little while to get used to, but overall there are no legitimate complaints about the product.

We have streamlined our application process, our admission procedures and our decision making process, and realized how flexible the product can be to meed out integration needs with a wide variety of data sources.

Please note that mainly use Hobsons Connect CRM as a tool for our prospect/inquiry marketing while we use Peoplesoft as our Student Information System for applicants and enrolls. My time and experience with the product is limited compared to other marketing solutions.

PeopleSoft review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Student and user of the software"

What do you like best?

The ease of use, I like being able to access multitudes of information while also being able to manipulate schedules and course enrollments.

What do you dislike?

The appearance is boring and appears outdated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Works well on the university level

Student-campus communications: I ‘ve been able to easily obtain and manipulate information in relation to my career.

PeopleSoft review by User in Higher Education

"Works for the Most Part"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that the system doesn't have bugs that can potentially ruin user experience. Everything works smoothly and as intended.

What do you dislike?

The User Interface makes the software very bland and early 2000s. They could seriously do with a graphics overhaul.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's not a bad product, does solve the issues it sets out to solve. Navigation between pages is somewhat slow. User interface isn't pretty.

I have used Oracle PeopleSoft platform through SJSU to sign up for classes, pay tuition, and log in work hours. Oracle PeopleSoft's mail system is used to relay information from University Administration to the appropriate students needed to be informed. I have realized that using this software makes signing up for classes and managing Administration-Student issues seamless.

PeopleSoft review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"Great Software"

What do you like best?

I like the way it grouped several pages. We use it in CPS, everything is there just by opening the page you choose what do you want to do

What do you dislike?

Nothing. I think it is well developed. all the pages linked to it are easy to navigate

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think it is a great product. You can include all your company information and easy to navigate

Teachers and CPS personnel don't have search in several places. They can open it and look for the page they need to navigate.

PeopleSoft review by User in Higher Education

"Hard to Learn & Navigate"

What do you like best?

You can store a lot of information using this system, but that is about it.

What do you dislike?

It is extremely hard to learn as a new user and navigation never gets easier. It's very hard to find what you need.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Save places you always go to to your main menu or you'll have a hard time navigating to them again.

Organizing student information

"People Soft - MyU"

What do you like best?

Nice design and easy to navigate. It has all of the information that I need as an employee.

What do you dislike?

It does not work well on a mobile phone.

We use this as our internal faculty, staff, and student tool for employee and student information. It is a beneficial intranet.

"Peoplesoft"

What do you like best?

I like that you can track all hours worked in a pay period.

What do you dislike?

There are times that it is easy to forget to track hours before the end of the pay period.

Being able to double check clock in sheets and have a way to confirm hours worked. Also it shows the reliability of staff.

PeopleSoft review by <span>Javier Z.</span>
Javier Z.

"Good user interface and functionality "

What do you like best?

The intuitive design and makes navigating the interface a very straightforward process. Finding information needs is a breeze using the left panel.

What do you dislike?

The application felt sluggish at times. Load times could be improved to make the user experience better

Having a centralize repository to access and share resources helped increase productivity and collaboration

Administrator in Higher Education

"Academic evaluator and advisor"

What do you like best?

The amount of uses for what we do, there are multiple ways to assist students and find their information.

What do you dislike?

The quickness of use, things could be more efficient. Not all cells are the same in each area, ie last name then first name in some areas or then its first name and last name. That gets confusing.

Student files

PeopleSoft review by <span>Peter S.</span>
Peter S.

"One stop shop"

What do you like best?

All the personnel information for the entire campus is easily accessible in one place.

What do you dislike?

The system is dated and it often takes many clicks to get to one area of information.

Student and employee information.

PeopleSoft review by <span>Nicholas M.</span>
Nicholas M.

"User friendly, but problematic. "

What do you like best?

It’s extremely user friendly and even for those without much experience, quick to catch on!

What do you dislike?

It crashes so easily and can take prolonged periods to get restarted.

Processing higher education documents.

PeopleSoft review by <span>Stephen C.</span>
Stephen C.

"Very straight forward"

What do you like best?

Ease of use. It's very straight forward. minimalist layout.

What do you dislike?

Unable to access from home Chromebook.

Use as base of information. With its simplicity, I am able to get to all the different pages with ease.

"school tool"

What do you like best?

I use it to login to mymav(university portal) and have never faced any issue. It logs off automatically after some period of inactivity which is good thing from security perspective

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike about it is, sometimes after you have entered your credentials and press enter it takes you to the oracle peoplesoft page where you have to enter the credentials again.

I used it to login to my university website

PeopleSoft review by <span>Mayra- Alejandra V.</span>
Mayra- Alejandra V.

"Excellent Platform"

What do you like best?

This product is amazing for Higher Education records and service.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the website lags,however its essential for office work.

Organizing student records without the system crashing. Information is easily restored.

PeopleSoft review by <span>Shelby J.</span>
Shelby J.

"Lacking features"

What do you like best?

Not much. We found a system that works much better.

What do you dislike?

There are many features that don't exist. We couldn't track student interactions.

Tracking student admissions, we have switched to a different system though.

"Very useful software"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that it allows employees to keep track of cases between current and incoming students. It also makes it easy to reply back to questions and transfer cases to other departments.

What do you dislike?

It may be overwhelming at first due to the fact that it has so many tools.

Hells keep our employees accountable when it comes to answering student’s questions within a certain time frame.

PeopleSoft review by User in Higher Education

"Peoplesoft makes connecting easy"

What do you like best?

Peoplesoft makes it easy to track actions and employee's performance, allowing for easy of improvement, if needed. This also connects different departments with each other.

What do you dislike?

Can be a bit slow in general. , buggy, and can crash often. But when it works it is great.

Employee tracking and performance tracking. This was also used for students to help them keep track of their own performance.

PeopleSoft review by User in Higher Education

"PeopleSoft - Higher Education Management Tool"

What do you like best?

Easy and logical navigation of the system. Customization for special reports/functions, such as quarterly reports, easy to set-up and access. I also enjoy having the "favorites" tab for tools used on a daily basis.

What do you dislike?

There is not much that I dislike about PeopleSoft, except for the initial transition to the system. However, data migrations are never easy or straightforward.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get a dedicated consultant to help with the transition, especially if you need the live data immediately. The logic of the system took some time to figure out and having a consultant on board made the transition easier.

Peoplesoft tags and groups helped our unit in a higher education setting more easily identify our specific student population. Coding specifications made reporting significantly easier.

"Peoplesoft Review"

What do you like best?

Has many features and is customizable to our needs.

What do you dislike?

Bloated, ugly, and not at all easy to use. Would avoid.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Clean up the design and make it easier to use.

We need an all-in-one portal to access all the info we need for work. PeoplesSoft is a great tool that can satisfy the needs of many applications into one.

PeopleSoft review by User

"Works, but not intuitive"

What do you like best?

I haven’t noticed any crashes and it organizes information well.

What do you dislike?

There are too many selectors that could be auto filled based on the current date/previous selections (semesters, campuses, etc)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Seems to be the industry standard and does what it is supposed to

Class signup for a large university is more automated.

PeopleSoft review by <span>Mabel F.</span>
Mabel F.

"PeopleSoft dba"

What do you like best?

Good tools to use, peoplesoft is good skills to have.

What do you dislike?

Too complex on the middle tier, hard to debug performance problem

The auditing is good

PeopleSoft review by User in Higher Education

"Does what its supposed to but lacks the looks"

What do you like best?

You can customize the interface to meet the need of the users with different options. Highly customizable

What do you dislike?

Unattractive UI. The user experience isn't that good. The interface looks outdated

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look fo other alternatives

Central place for students/staff to look up information and submit information through one portal

PeopleSoft review by User in Higher Education

"Great in theory needs update"

What do you like best?

I like that everything is easily located by using the menu to the left

What do you dislike?

The system seems out of date and needs to be more user friendly

Running reports, obtaining student information as well as financial information

PeopleSoft review by User in Higher Education

"PeopleSoft is making great strides"

What do you like best?

The user friendly interface and easy navigation is the best feature

What do you dislike?

I don't really dislike much of anything - the most recent updates have made the product modern looking and easy to use

Putting employees information back in their own hands

PeopleSoft review by User in Higher Education

"Great Product- Very Comprehensive"

What do you like best?

Has many options that can be tailored to individual campus needs.

What do you dislike?

If you are not familiar with similar products, there is a steep learning curve

Ability to link to other software really helps streamline processes

PeopleSoft review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Confusing and abstract"

What do you like best?

The centralized data collection and aval

What do you dislike?

Not a user friendly interface. Reports are not easy to find

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very heavy on self development of platform

Centralization and ease of access

Learning about PeopleSoft Campus Solutions?

* We monitor all PeopleSoft Campus Solutions reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.