PeopleSoft

3.7

Oracle's PeopleSoft applications are designed to address the most complex business requirements. They provide comprehensive business and industry solutions, enabling organizations to increase productivity, accelerate business performance, and provide a lower cost of ownership.

Work for PeopleSoft?

Learning about Oracle PeopleSoft?

PeopleSoft Reviews

Ask Oracle PeopleSoft a Question
Showing 495 Oracle PeopleSoft reviews
Oracle PeopleSoft review by Yen N.
Yen N.
View Original

"Peoplesoft is a great way to record hours "

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about PeopleSoft
Oracle PeopleSoft review by Satabdi R.
Satabdi R.

"PeopleSoft Financials as Enterprise Finance Management"

What do you like best?

I have worked on PeopleSoft as a techno-functional analyst and now I am an end user managing the general ledger of a bank in PeopleSoft General Ledger module. It is a very user friendly application with simple user interface and neither complex or flashy to use. Also the delivered functionality provided by PeopleSoft is very much efficient to use for any multinational company and the maintenance of the product is very cheap as from the latest version 9.2 it doesn't require a project to be carried out to upgrade to newer version.

What do you dislike?

there is nothing much to dislike about the product except the fact that it is not well integrated with cloud. But one thing good about ot beign on cloud is it can be customized to the level a user wants.

I use PeopleSoft for core accounting management through PeopleSoft General Ledger. It has a very good accounting functionality with well manageable functional configuration. It also has good reporting functionality for audit purposes.

What Multi-Country Payroll solution do you use?

Oracle PeopleSoft review by Treena Nicole F.
Treena Nicole F.

"Easy to Use Accounting & Payroll Software"

What do you like best?

I have been using PeopleSoft at multiple companies, and I am always satisfied with its ease of use, user-friendly layouts, and reliability. I currently use PeopleSoft primarily for entering and processing payment for invoices, as well as to keep track of time, benefits, and to receive pay. I very much like that the platform is consistent across all systems I am using (HR, Payroll, Finances, etc) so I can easily navigate regardless of what role I am taking.

What do you dislike?

There is not much I dislike about PeopleSoft. The software could offer more personalization, such as custom layouts, colors, fonts, quicklinks etc. However, it does a fantastic job for being such a global tool. Action items are easy to identify. The sheer amount of information that can be stored and shared across departments, agencies, etc. makes PeopleSoft a valuable database system.

The sheer amount of tools available via the PeopleSoft software is enormous. It is great to be able to use one platform for all my financial services and human resources needs. Being able to streamline out payroll approval process has resulted in fewer payroll errors, and thus, reprocessing. This in turn lowers are expenses and makes for happier employees on all ends.

Oracle PeopleSoft review by Megan F.
Megan F.

"Data Challenged"

What do you like best?

Peoplesoft is very customizable. I've used Peoplesoft at two separate colleges and each college was able to really customize the program to fit their specifications.

Paychecks are easily accessed, as are other tax forms, and HR management forms. Having one kind of system to manage all the items we have makes it easy and consistent for users.

What do you dislike?

The biggest issue I have with PeopleSoft is the ability to track data successfully and accurately. Reports we've tried to run have been extremely inaccurate and aren't pulling the correct data. For example, when pulling student reports, we've run into issues getting all students to show up on the report. When examining what could have gone run, everything appears to be correct, yet, the students don't show up on the report. Furthermore, there is not an easy way to eliminate duplicates out of the system, which is hard when students don't accurately enter their name (which happens way more than anyone would expect it to!)

Additionally, some of the menus are a bit confusing. In the HR system, it is difficult to find true balances of vacation, enter in time and request vacation/time off. It makes it frustrating as an employee.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would say that if you are looking at PeopleSoft, consider what you're hoping to get from it and then customize it to your needs!

We have many students that apply, so it's nice to be able to have a system that can handle the number of students we have. Additionally, by integrating the HR system and the application system, we have less software to manage and update.

Oracle PeopleSoft review by Vishal G.
Vishal G.

"Peoplesoft - stuck in the past"

What do you like best?

I like the inherent workflows in Peoplesoft. It served the purpose in the past when ERP and HCM sofware was in its infancy but over time better, more user friendly software has just elevated the experience of users, developers and admins. Peoplesoft has a lot of catching up to do to not end up being another one of Oracle's acquired companies to end up in the dustbin

Navigation

Not optimized for mobile

Not cloud based

Huge gap between the user experience of Peoplesoft compared to other products like Workday

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try to look for other cloud based solutions which are more user friendly, offer similar workflows and features and do not come with the headache of upgrade cycles, release management, planned shutdowns and all the problems associated with on premise software

Human Capital Management and related processes, Enterprise Resource Planning and related processes

Oracle PeopleSoft review by Lakhan M.
Lakhan M.

"Problem Solver"

What do you like best?

PeopleSoft is a software made for every company. Every department is now connected via this online PeopleSoft portal. Performance can be tracked and hence actions can be taken to improve the employee's performance and efficiency accordingly. The company can be well managed and administration becomes easy. Also, due to various checks and approvals in between, chances of theft are almost removed.

What do you dislike?

I think the portal of PeopleSoft can be improved by adding a bit more graphics and rich media. It gets boring if someone is constantly using this software after some time. PeopleSoft is also a bit expensive to purchase but will surely be worth your investment

Recommendations to others considering the product

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! This software will surely do wonders for your company. PeopleSoft helps employees in every department. An ideal software built for all use. Accounts, Finance, Sales, HR etc. Easy to keep a track of your business without many checks and balances. HR department however has the best advantage

PeopleSoft is used throughout my company. From a HR executive to a Sales Director. Everything is now done via the PeopleSoft online Portal. Being the head of the HR department in a major bank, I have to oversee a lot of things happening in my company. From tracking application status to the payroll of every employee, I have to manage a lot of things. Due to everything being online, chances of fraud are completely mitigated creating more transparency in the company

Oracle PeopleSoft review by Karim K.
Karim K.

"A complete business tool"

What do you like best?

PeopleSoft is an extremely important tool for businesses. A notification can be sent to employees, need for signatures could be reduced and as everything is online, timely and accurate information could be shared among all. At Deloitte, I can assure you, our company may have saved thousands of trees just by saving paper and using PeopleSoft for any announcement, memo, notification or report. Along with this, one of the most important feature is the accessibility from anywhere whether in or off-office/campus.

What do you dislike?

Many a times, I have seen PeopleSoft's software getting crash if there are a a lot of users logging in/using the software at the same time. This causes a huge problem in terms of communication as well. As the company I'm working in employs hundred of employees throughout Pakistan, the software slows down and needs to be refreshed. Using PeopleSoft on your handheld device is also unpredictable. Sometimes it works perfectly on my phone and sometimes, the software can't be accessed on my mobile phone. This creates uncertainty and unreliability.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Universities should for sure have this system in their use. Companies

The first time I was made aware of PeopleSoft was when I was in my university. PeopleSoft was an excellent tool for students. Everything relating to our academics could be found on this platform. CGPA, finances, enrollment etc. Any announcements or assignments by our teachers could even be found here. It was a universal tool for all students.

In my Corporate life, PeopleSoft helped immensely by automating various HR practices enabling better HRM and timely reporting. Through ERP, I was able to measure the performance of employees thus enhancing workforce quality and further, removing any biasness in my department/team

Oracle PeopleSoft review by Alexandra P.
Alexandra P.

"A bit of a learning curve"

What do you like best?

Once I learned how to use the software, I was able to run queries and reports with ease. I like that the purchases and expended money are all easy to keep track of.

What do you dislike?

There is a learning curve and it required extensive training for me to truly understand how to use PeopleSoft. Sometimes it takes a while for the reports to load, especially when there are a lot of other people trying to run reports at the same time. The text on the reports could be a little bit bigger, but that's just my preference.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There is a learning curve and it helps to have someone who is an expert in this software to train you.

Tracking our budgets and running requisitions. I enjoy the fact that it is easy to go back and take a look at requisitions that I have run that have not been completed.

"Oracle CRM Review "

What do you like best?

I like that the search functions on Oracle CRM are so vast. There are a variety of ways in which you can search for a particular parent account, account relationships, and the contacts within CRM. Furthermore, there are highly specific search methods to refine searches when utilizing these functions, which is very helpful when there are numerous accounts and customers that could appear from a particular search. For example, you can search for accounts in different locations, regions, countries, etc. which is a very important distinction when making account relationships. Lastly, I like how there is a recently viewed tab in CRM that allows me to pull up any of the recent accounts I was working with -- this helps me cut down quite a bit of time in the day as I am frequently working with the same few accounts.

What do you dislike?

I think there are some aspects to Salesforce that CRM could adopt. For example, some sort of audit history that is more specific to a recent trail of the modifications that have been made. I know there is already this component, but as someone who frequently looks into audit trails, I think this aspect on Oracle CRM is still lacking.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it!

I use the customer relationship management (CRM) component of people soft to identify different account and customer relationships. In addition, I also look into vendor, customer, and representative relationships on CRM. CRM holds all the data to quickly and efficiently search for these relationships as well as reliable holds this data from the various companies in one place.

Oracle PeopleSoft review by John P.
John P.

"Never meant to be an ATS "

What do you like best?

PeopleSoft as an Oracle product can be customized to meet the needs and workflows of an organizations, which allows the system to work for my company's needs. When the system has issues it usually does not impact the candidates applying, and it more troublesome for the internal user.

What do you dislike?

PeopleSoft does not appear to have been designed as an ATS. Out of the box the ATS provides very limited service, and has had to be heavily customized to meet the needs of recruiters, compensation, finance, and our managers. The process flows of position creation is not intuitive either. Tracking of references and on-boarding steps are not tracked in the system, and this has become a standard characteristic of modern applicant tracking systems. Lastly, PeopleSoft is not mobile friend and this is a huge hit in today's market.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Much more advanced products out there, but these may in fact be more expensive at the same time. A good all inclusive HR System, but from my perspective the lack of mobile features sets PeopleSoft behind the other popular systems. Customization will require IT support from your own IT team or outsourced teams as this can not easily be done without coding.

Receiving over 1000 unique applications a month the PeopleSoft system definitely allows us to tracking and organization applications based on job. As a growing hospital this is crucial for us where just 10 years ago paper applications were still accepted.

Oracle PeopleSoft review by Administrator in Libraries
Administrator in Libraries

"Great to find information you need but complicated to use"

What do you like best?

I work at the Chapman library, and many times we need to confirm that certain patrons are affiliated with the school. I like that I can use PeopleSoft to see if someone is a student or faculty. The best way to see a student's account and what classes they are registered. It's that fastest way to find a member.

What do you dislike?

The visual aspect of the program is my least favorite. It seems outdated, so I try not to use the program if I can find a person's record another way. I also think PeopleSoft should have a tab that says "Staff" to indicate that's where one can input a staff ID number. It took me a long time to figure out it's under "Affiliations."

Since it's the summer, school is out until that fall. The campus only allows current students, faculty, and staff to check out library materials. PeopleSoft updated patrons records right away, so the library can use PeoplSoft to see if certain patrons are no longer part of the school. We've had people wanting to check out materials but have left the school or have no proof of being an alumni, and we rely on PeopleSoft to check all current registrations. This has prevented the library from allowing privileges to a non-Chapman patron, which can risk the library having additional missing materials since non-Chapman patrons have no obligations to return the materials.

Oracle PeopleSoft review by Amit D.
Amit D.

"PeopleSoft Review"

What do you like best?

PeopleSoft provides many useful application/features under one umbrella.New version of PeopleSoft Also support mobile based functionalities which are very useful .Software is very flexible and can be customized easily with the help of small expenditure.

PeopleSoft has FSCM ,HCM , EPM ,CS and many more suites which can be used all together or can be used with integration to other software indvidually.It supports its own language which is PeopleCode both Procedure and Object Oriented feature.

Suite makes HR Process , SCM Process , Accounting and Reporting easy.

There are many competitors in the market such as SAP ,Workday , Fusion, Oracle Cloud, Service many of them are launched later as competition to PS but still PS has survived and doing well.

What do you dislike?

it has less options to change the Look and feel (Theme ) specific to users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

PeopleSoft is a best suit as an ERP to manage any organizational data efficiently.

We are managing internal as well as many client in house projects with help of PS ERP.

Oracle PeopleSoft review by Administrator

"I am a lifelong PeopleSofter"

What do you like best?

PUM and the advances in underlying tech, the dedication to the UX, continual advances in improving ease of administration and configuration.

What do you dislike?

1) Sometimes the number of moving parts now in a PS infrastructure can make it more difficult to troubleshoot as quickly - but it keeps you on your toes and moving forward

2) The split of CS and HR so soon after the merge, but I understand why it happened

3) The patching process for individual components with oPatch can be confusing, especially in a non-Oracle based shop.

4) Need additional support/tools to help in-house staff, and make education less expensive; more direct support and usage checks by a dedicated AE

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's still a great product - like anything, it's the right education and being able to impart that to others, and having it set up and used correctly.

1) Being able to implement and manage/execute on all the backend necessary to run a higher ed business model in an integrated setting from a single vendor.

2) Relatively easy high-availability with minimal equipment

3) Relatively trouble-free and easy in-house Payroll processing from data management to check and advice printing and registers with reconciliation.

4) Relatively smooth integration of data amongst all 3 pillars (HCM/FS/CS)

5) Audit compliance within IT and from the functional areas

6) Data analysis across all 3 pillars

Oracle PeopleSoft review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"PeopleSoft review for Institutional HR and Financial Use"

What do you like best?

The ability to run many different types of financial reports and the ability to have both financial and HR applications in one portal. You are able to easily access paystubs, tax forms, update information, submit expense reports, etc.

What do you dislike?

I don't feel like this system is very user friendly especially when it comes to running financial reports. It can be very confusing and the mini-manuals are long and confusing as well. Processes to run reports and find personal HR information could be much more efficient and simplified.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your institution offers trainings on downloading and understanding financial reports, it would be a good idea to attend. The mini-manuals are not helpful and can cause more confusion.

Easily able to track employees time and download real time and detailed budget reports or many different kinds. These reports have been able to address many different financial questions. We have $58 million dollars in grant funding so the ability to run these reports is important.

Oracle PeopleSoft review by Edward M.
Edward M.

"A solid service with clunky interfaces"

What do you like best?

I like the full time and absences service, the per paycheck breakdown, and the ability to see the individual benefits that I am being given. It is also nice to be able to enter hours directly into the peoplesoft system.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the mobile functionality. When entering hours into the timesheet from a mobile phone it can be glitchy. The views are very old looking and it looks fairly ugly for a user-facing portal.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend it to larger companies who would be saved a large amount of time by having a very clear payment and benefits portal. It would also benefit companies whose costs are largely labor driven. from developers or landscaper much simpler.

It solves self-logging of payroll hours and gives people access to a full list of benefits. When it pays out, the payment details are very clear and reduce questions and uncertainty from employees.

Oracle PeopleSoft review by User

"One Program for Many Task"

What do you like best?

The ability to customize your screen and favorites menus is one of the things that make the access easier. I love being able to use the time keeper function to enter ad submit time attendance records for payroll virtually anywhere.

What do you dislike?

The multiple screens for reports. There to many screens to get to generate a report, and then to access the reports. This could be improved by creating easier ways to run quiereis and make this portion more user friendly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Create a favorites list for easier access to the most used functions. Some functions require multiple screens, and by creating a favorite it will take you directly to the wanted screen for the function that you choose.

Learn how to use the reports and run queries. Once you are able to set up your features and functions, using this program will be easier and more efficient.

Time keeping, creating purchase orders, following up with receiving, processing payments, running reports, and many other tasks needed for daily operations.

"Neutral"

What do you like best?

I really like the "My Favorites" feature because there are a lot of tools in PeopleSoft but I don't utilize all of them. Thus, "My Favorites" feature makes it easier for me to access the tools that I use.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the way it looks. It looks like it hasn't been updated since the 2000s. It's sometimes very difficult to find the tools that I need. I have to click 10 times to get to the tool that I want. Also, it is very slow. Whenever I am doing a step that involves multiple lines, it takes awhile for the system to process, which gets annoying because I have a lot of steps to go through. Lastly, if I make a mistake, it is difficult to make edits. I will have to undo everything and redo everything.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Needs to update its product. Make it more modern and make it easier to access certain tools.

We use PeopleSoft to do allocation. It makes Allocation expenses and revenues a lot faster.

Oracle PeopleSoft review by Jonathon C.
Jonathon C.

"Peoplesoft is good but not great"

What do you like best?

People soft has a lot of features that allow your job to go much more efficiently. This would include automated features that allow you to enter information more efficiently when it comes to repetitive information.

What do you dislike?

Even though there are areas of this software that have nice automated features, there is still too much manual processing that has to be done in this system, or at least the way my company has this system set up. There are certain areas of the system where it wont allow a more efficient process and thus makes the job take longer to perform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Think hard about whether to use peoplesoft or not before you consider spending the money for this software. This is definitely a system that you need to count the costs before you consider installing a system that may or may not be efficient enough for you to do business with.

Peoplesoft is our main accounting system that we use in my company. We use this in order to track and maintain records in order to be prepared for any audits that may come since we are considered a non-profit company.

Oracle PeopleSoft review by Shatara M.
Shatara M.

"Great Software"

What do you like best?

Peoplesoft has helped our company to increase productivity and manage an ever growing staff with ease and efficiency. We use this software consistently for applicant tracking and candidate evaluations. It has been a great help in determining who is the right fit for our organization. We started with 50 employees and expect to be up to 900+ by year end. Peoplesoft has grown with us throughout the process.

What do you dislike?

I'd like a lot more tutorials and training on the available changes and updates. They are constantly adding new aspects and we would love more training on each roll out. In office demos would be a great help. Our rep changed in the last year and we have yet to meet her.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Stay on top of the new features. Reach out to your rep consistently for demos and training.

HR and Talent Management

Oracle PeopleSoft review by Donna O.
Donna O.

"PeopleSoft "

What do you like best?

The ease of use for users makes this a great software for large and small companies alike. Our company has recently moved to the use of a DUO authentication which requires the user to be on company property to access the software. While it is not ideal for employees, it does create a more secure platform for sensitive materials.

What do you dislike?

The software can be slow on occasion, depending on how many users are logged in. Duo Authentication is not ideal when working off-site.

Our staff has found the software to be user friendly. Employees are able to access payroll and hr records on their own. In addition, the paycheck modeler as shown to be popular with employees who are making changes to their tax situations, contributions, insurance, etc.

Oracle PeopleSoft review by Christyn S.
Christyn S.

"PeopleSoft in Technical Writing "

What do you like best?

I like that the functionality is easy to follow and use. It's layout if very neat and easy to look up things that the user may need. It helps with making the technical writing aspect of my job easy. The navigation is laid out in a logical order, and when I go to grab screenshots to show our viewers how to navigate the system, everything stays in alignment with how it should.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that you have to wait until you are ready to submit a requisition to find out if you did it right and if it will go through or now. Another one of the things I don't like, and it's not really on PeopleSoft, as much as it is on my own company, but I don't like that it is extremely difficult to do certain things without clearance. Again, mostly on my company, but it took about 2 months just to get cleared to do work on the DAL so I could update a training course and write a manual about all of the features of this particular aspect in PeopleSoft.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is one of the best software experiences I have had when it comes to business. It was easy to learn and navigate, therefore making it easy to teach to incoming employees and to write training manuals for. It is nice coming to work in the morning and knowing that all of my data I had worked on in the last week will not randomly go missing.

We use PeopleSoft to track budget and keep all projects in line. This has come in handy when it comes to purchasing and payroll. I mainly use the software to write training manuals, webcourses and to teach co-workers the ins and outs of the software and the new features that may be presented in upgrades.

Oracle PeopleSoft review by Emma H.
Emma H.

"Peoplesoft assists in accounting but could use improvements"

What do you like best?

I like that Peoplesoft is pretty easy to use and only requires a few clicks to get the information I am seeking (most of the time). Peoplesoft is useful to our business because it helps find unapplied money. Instead of not showing in the policy record/transaction history, Peoplesoft allows us to view where the money is sitting before it is applied somewhere. Therefore, it is not "lost," but just in suspense, and we can move the money to wherever it needs to go as long as the money is good.

What do you dislike?

I am not a big fan of the interface of Peoplesoft. It could be improved. I have to open an Excel spreadsheet to see if there is money in suspense and Excel spreadsheets can be difficult to read sometimes. It would be better if the information was listed in a way that was easier to read. Also, not too familiar with customization options.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Peoplesoft is pretty useful for its function, but could be improved.

I primarily use Oracle Peoplesoft to obtain information for accounting. For our business, if there is money that has not been applied to a policy/contract (i.e. money is in suspense), the money would show up in Peoplesoft. I am not too aware of some of the other functions besides Queries for accounting purposes.

Oracle PeopleSoft review by Steven M.
Steven M.

"Full Bodied Programs with Ease of Use"

What do you like best?

Peoplesoft products are like soldiers, they are reliable, there are hardly any coding or programming glitches, and they are reliable for the long term. Have seen initial versions of programs in our company last for many many years with minimal code updates. The only thing that slows the performance usually is server speed.

What do you dislike?

Can't think of too much - I guess the graphics are a bit dull/outdated, and there are some aspect ration issues with zoom, and filling the screen space that could be tweaked, but overall very comprehensive use.

Multi-office capabilities, real-time file updates, file sharing, and reporting functions. Multi-version file outputs (PDF & excel).

Oracle PeopleSoft review by Nichole H.
Nichole H.

"Not bad"

What do you like best?

We need all of the accounting to be 100% accurate and in real time and this does this except for some of the reports which take an overnight batch process in order to update.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the change from the title vendor to supplier. I had no idea what was going on when I logged in after the update and that’s frustrating.

With the new STARS application, we are getting away from EPM which is not necessarily very initiative and going to this new platform which is easier to use. We are able to do most of our information collection, accounting and HR/payroll in one place.

Oracle PeopleSoft review by Kaziah H.
Kaziah H.

"Peoplesoft"

What do you like best?

I enjoy using Peoplesoft quite a bit. The use interface is relatively easy to use, and it accomplishes all that I need it to do for me.

What do you dislike?

I would say that in this era of technology, while in many ways simplicity is appreciated, Peoplesoft could stand to be more dynamic in its use. There is far more analytical uses that could be derived from the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Fully Evaluate what you want to derive from your people management systems. Making sure that you have the right system that fits the needs of your organization, and that it does properly anticipates the needs of your company will be crucial in this decision. Peoplesoft absolutely can meet the needs of may companies, which speaks to the intelligence and the success of most of the products within the Oracle framework. I would say that Peoplesoft is one of the top contenders for people management.

Peoplesoft handled our human resource and talent management functions.

Oracle PeopleSoft review by User

"Easy to use, centralized platform for all of my HR needs"

What do you like best?

Accessibility to my information is key for me. I love that I'm easily able to access and edit my payroll information (i.e adding/removing accounts, increasing/decreasing percentages)and my benefits information with PeopleSoft. Its also easy for me to check on everything that pertains to my (i.e tax information, retirement contributions, MBTA pass).

What do you dislike?

There have been some internet connectivity issues with PeopleSoft lately and when it comes to payroll it only lets you make 1 change per day (inconvenient if I'm trying to update and get it over with).

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great resource for employees when it comes to managing their personal information/needs

I never have to reach out to my HR department for simple things like checking what benefits plan I'm on or how much of my paycheck goes to my checking vs. my savings. It saves me a lot of time and is great because I can access it whenever.

Oracle PeopleSoft review by Vamsee R.
Vamsee R.

"User of PeopleSoft for 12 years - Great Product"

What do you like best?

Every thing in PeopleSoft and its user interface and design. Its coding features are very good. Support for Web services are increasing by version. Also, the Tool set is elaborate which gives options for development. Easy to customize and develop new modules and functionality for the user.

What do you dislike?

The reports are not integrated tools in the PeopleSoft. It uses an external tool set like SQR, Crystal Reports. BI is developed but does not satisfy all reporting requirements. REST webservices support only XML and JSON. More support is still required.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great Product with lots of features and ease of learning.

Entire Core HR and Payroll applications in our company run on PeopleSoft.

Oracle PeopleSoft review by Mike B.
Mike B.

"ePro and Purchasing in 9.2 in IaaS environment."

What do you like best?

Shared responsibility for supporting the environment system with OCMS (Oracle Cloud Managed Services) is helpful when dealing with hard to track down issues. It can take some time to get the necessary resource to troubleshoot but at least we're not alone as we don not have a development resource for the application.

What do you dislike?

Support services for cloud environment is confusing to navigate. Depending on your issue or request, you will need to know which support area to assign your request. In many cases your issue or request will be reassigned to the correct group or sometimes even told to open up a case with the correct group. This can be frustrating and time consuming. A single point of contact to assign requests/issues to the proper support group would be beneficial.

We use our system to manage our indirect merchandise purchasing, This has allowed us to consolidate purchasing for our global footprint, supporting 700 facilities across the world. Ease of consolidated reporting has been helpful for our business partners evaluating and managing our facilities needs, especially with maintenance and replacement purchases.

Oracle PeopleSoft review by Consultant

"Functionaly very strong product but expensive for mid cap companies"

What do you like best?

Functionaly very strong product it covers a lot of functional aspects and very good on all the other integrations of the companies Functionaly very strong product it covers a lot of functional aspects and very good on all the other integrations of the companies

What do you dislike?

very very expensive for mid cap companies,Functionaly very strong product it covers a lot of functional aspects and very good on all the other integrations of the companies

Recommendations to others considering the product

keep a watch on what work day is doing

human resources and benefts integrating the product with other small products used exsitingly by the small organisations

Oracle PeopleSoft review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Makes annual performance evals & open enrollment a cinch"

What do you like best?

I love that yearly performance evaluations are paperless now - I can complete my self-evaluation and digitally sign it off before easily and electronically sending it off to my manager. Once she reviews it, I can sign it of and review her portion before our in person meeting in order to know what to expect.

The step by step process for renewing or adding/removing benefits during open enrollment is seamless and usually takes me less than ten minutes.

What do you dislike?

All the icons that are pictured within the software are essentially the same. If each icon for varying links were different it would not only be visually appealing but it would likely be easier and quicker to locate which link the user was searching for.

This minimizes the number of HR staff needed to re-enroll employees for yearly benefits. I have realized the paperless & electronic aspect to complete annual performance evaluations saves me a lot of time and energy.

Oracle PeopleSoft review by User in Information Technology and Services

"not user friendly "

What do you like best?

allows a lot of customization if you have a team that have knowledge in the background programming. it also allows to run in different country and customize it from country to country uses.

It allows different users to have access to different modules depending on their department and need.

What do you dislike?

hard to use, and not user friendly. one thing goes wrong and its a chain effect. I do not feel like the modules connect together too well. they do not communication between module making the user needing to input the data in a few different spot rather than just one spot.

Recommendations to others considering the product

i do not feel i would recommend this software, since there is a lot of issues that i run into and when i try to fix one issue it usually causes another issue to pop up. I feel that i need to constantly be fixing some issue and is never ending.

Also i do not like how this software does not communicate between software, which in turns waste the time of the users.

The only good thing is that it allows for customization, but someone would need to be really knowledgeable before they can start customizing the information and what the software can provide, or else the customization feature would be useless to them. is can also be extremely slow sometimes, depending on what it is being used for. sometimes one person can crash the entire system and would disable others from continuing their work,

allow to store information for clients in one place and allow to edit the data when ever it is needed.

Oracle PeopleSoft review by Shelly R.
Shelly R.

"PeopleSoft helps me a ton."

What do you like best?

I love that I have one place with a single sign on that I can view tons of important important data. I can update my demographics, benefits, see payroll and much more. I can change my benefits, direct deposit, view my paycheck and even review and record my performance management / reviews in there. Also, I am able to see salary history which is great.

What do you dislike?

It could use a shiny new interface. What we use is pretty outdated and sometimes difficult to navigate. I think buttons versus drop down menus would be more efficient. Sometimes you have to click into many different areas and kind of search around before you find what you are looking for.

We offer employees a lot of self service which greatly minimizes outreach to human resources. This benefits time management and employee satisfaction. It takes a great deal of effort to reach out to HR by either waiting on a phone call or submitting a service request when most of those tasks I can perform myself by using the PeopleSoft portal.

Oracle PeopleSoft review by Timothy H.
Timothy H.

"Great software, has some catching up to do"

What do you like best?

PeopleSoft has a very stable payroll processing which is great. The self-service system alleviates our HR staff from having to answer each and every question. Hiring and staffing has been great even outside of an HR environment.

What do you dislike?

Time management can be an issue for multiple jobs and reporting clock ins/out can be an issue. The overall interface isn't that user-friendly and can be cumbersome to navigate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to do your research and look into any and all reviews. Overall, it's fairly solid now but in the future it can continue to be an issue if Oracle does not address the issues currently in the software.

Servicing HR questions, staffing, payroll processing are done fairly easily.

"Basic Software"

What do you like best?

The design is relatively simple and easy to navigate. Reports come out clean and are very detailed.

What do you dislike?

There are certain tabs and extra steps you have to go through to get to specific aspects of the program. Time consuming. When I run a degree audit report, they are sometimes 14 pages or more! There should be a way to consolidate a bit.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The program is easy to use but if you are a professor, grading can be somewhat of a hassle. I did submit my first grade change this past semester and it was relatively easy to do because it was before the deadline.

I use PeopleSoft to run degree audit reports and transcripts for college students I advise.

Oracle PeopleSoft review by Lindsay W.
Lindsay W.

"Peoplesoft Review as an IT Business Analyst for Windstream Communications"

What do you like best?

I like how complex the system is; meaning it has so many parts and features that it covers mostly everything you could want out of a HR system as it comes delivered. There are products and features within the Vanilla product that we didn't even know we wanted to but really appreciate. .

What do you dislike?

The complicated nature can also be the bad thing about Peoplesoft. It's so complicated and has so many delivered features that it is no longer intuitive. We are about to upgrade and incorporate the fluid dashboards so I think for most employees this will become much more intuitive post upgrade. For the power users, it still takes a exuberant amount of training and knowledge in order to use some basic features. For example the scheduling queries feature is ridiculously cumbersome and security profiles take mastery level training to understand and edit.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have your employees go through the Peoplesoft training offered by Oracle for administrators.

With our upgrade we are solving several problems. We have an ancient organization chart that we are going to be able to retire and use the functionality within Peoplesoft for an org chart/directory. We had to customize it to show the vacant positions as well as the filled positions and we had to make some changes in order to print it easily but it's going to be alot better than what we're using now. We also have a homegrown application that managers were forced to use to request employee changes like locations or pay. We are going to use the delivered fluid functionality of the manager self service now to make these changes. This should simplify this process for managers considerably.

Oracle PeopleSoft review by User in Government Administration
User in Government Administration

"All in one program, once you understand the language"

What do you like best?

PeopleSoft is a great software- it has many different functionalities for management tracking all in one program, which is a huge time saver in the day to day life of an office. There are a number of helpful functions to this program that I really appreciate, like the custom reminders, delegation of tasks, and easy export function.

What do you dislike?

This software is not very intuitive- it took me a while to get used to the interface. It is not obvious how to flow through certain processes, but once you learn it, it becomes second nature.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great program and has a useful mobile app to accompany it as well. It is a costly program for a small organization, but the benefit of having an all in one accounting system is great.

This software is a place to store a large amount of employee data and provides easy access to paycheck, tax, benefits information

Oracle PeopleSoft review by Adam V.
Adam V.

"Great experience so far"

Oracle PeopleSoft review by User in Higher Education

"Still the most difficult to use ERP I have ever seen, no matter how much they 'upgrade' it"

What do you like best?

Nothing. I can't stand the navigation, I can't stand the way it functions. It is non-intuitive, even in the most developed modules. It's the hardest thing I have ever had to teach anyone, and I am an expert in PeopleSoft. I have brought up these concerns forever, but Oracle is interested in one thing and one thing only: How many millions can I make on this?

It is a shame, really, because they have still been able to grow so huge. If they put any effort on developing the system, and making it easier to understand, so many more enterprises would install it. But, those enterprises aren't worth billions, so it won't be a priority.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything I do not dislike. Even after tons of updates, it still looks like an archaic junk program compared to other cloud based solutions. It appears clunky and old, and navigation is nearly impossible. There is so much 'stuff' in there, it's impossible to find it all, and most of it isn't in a logical place. They really do need to take a long, hard look at this product and fix it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Know your implementation team. DO NOT make the mistake of choosing a partner that tells you it will only take a year or two. It ALWAYS takes longer to successfully implement PeopleSoft!

Of course the system solves hundreds of business problems, which is why it is purchased so much. However, since implementation and troubleshooting takes so much money and effort, only the most huge entities will ever have a working peoplesoft implementation. I hope to see changes in Oracle once Larry Ellison no longer holds the reigns.

"Needs to step it up"

What do you like best?

Oracle is a big company so I feel secure about our data. It is available for variety of companies. I've worked at few companies and no matter how big or small, if the company deals with data (which 99% of companies do) they use an Oracle product. Thus knowing how to deal with Oracle products like PeopleSoft builds soft skillset as well.

What do you dislike?

It is archaic. There are no graphics nor visual representations. Often times, we rely on other visual supporting products to translate Oracle data. Thus, if PeopleSoft can find a way to do that within the product, it would help us out a lot. Also, the way that PeopleSoft look is archaic as well. It is all just words.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think it would really help if they modernized this product. Also, if they had online training sessions available for free, more people will understand how to use it better. PeopleSoft is a little intimidating at first, so if they make a "how-to" video on something, it would be easier for first time users.

PeopleSoft is used by variety of departments within our company. I personally use it for accounting purposes and to deal with data inputting and translating. However I know HR uses it for employee benefit, time sheet, and pay related activities.

Oracle PeopleSoft review by User

"Very happy with this product"

What do you like best?

I like how user-friendly this product is. I am able to access everything I require for editing, dispatching, and archiving purchase orders.

What do you dislike?

I have had some temporary issues during system updates, but they were resolved when the system rebooted overnight

Recommendations to others considering the product

Heard this is the best of it's kind and can't say I can disagree with that. It has been making my job easier since day 1.

It is basically the Wal-Mart of commerce programs as it is an all-in-one. The end user creates the requisition, which is then approved by the budget holder. Then the system generates a PO which the buyer reviews and approves before dispatching. You can manage the POs you dispatched as well as the contracts associated with them while the end user can manage their requisition and complete the receiving in the system.

Oracle PeopleSoft review by Administrator in Utilities
Administrator in Utilities

"Pretty Solid Financial System"

What do you like best?

It is a fairly fast system, can be deployed on premises, and does what we need it to do. It handles every aspect of our financial system req to check, contract management, and cash/deal management.

What do you dislike?

Some of the buttons are really not intuitive as to what they do. For example, they expect you to know that a man with a hat is Manufacturer, or that a yellow rectangle and a red rectangle means Details. The system's also kind of a pain to customize and update (from a user's prospective, not sure about from a IT expert's prospective).

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd generally recommend the system, especially if you don't have to do heavy modifications

The biggest benefit we've seen since upgrading to 9.2 is the implementation of contract management, with robust expiration notifications. We've been lacking that. It is also like I said our main financial system. 9.2 is a huge upgrade from the 8.8 we were using.

Oracle PeopleSoft review by User in Law Enforcement
User in Law Enforcement

"User Friendly "

What do you like best?

I have never received training to use PeopleSoft. I can tell you that it is very self managing and very easy to navigate from place to place. At first, I was intimidated by the portal but can say from an employee perspective I was always able to figure it out without having to bother my tech support team for my agency. I can see balances, histories and easily download my paystubs. This has been a really great addition to my work and pay management.

What do you dislike?

I have a lot of problems using this with different platforms. If you're at a regular old PC with Windows than you're fine. Utilizing this platform on a Chromebook is nearly impossible which is hard because my employer issues us Chromebooks. This platform works well with Google Chrome and FireFox. I've had it crash which using it via a Mac platform or internet explorer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My advice is to work with PeopleSoft to fit this for your needs. I like the user friendly aspect!

I can imagine that managing a huge agency with many employees can be a hard task. This software solves the problem of having to use pen and paper for leave management. My leave is always updated and forecasted so that I know exactly where I am when it comes to my time off. My supervisor can easily approve or decline leave requests and everyone is on the same page when it comes to absence management.

Oracle PeopleSoft review by User in Real Estate
User in Real Estate

"Peoplesoft MyFinance"

What do you like best?

I use Peoplesoft MyFinance module at work to manage my project costs. The best feature is its workflow capabilities to be able to assign/route all vendor invoices to the respective owner for invoice coding or invoice resolution.

What do you dislike?

The cost of Peoplesoft MyFinance makes it expensive to implement in our smaller entities or tier II countries. Unfortunetly this leads to more complexity in managing cross entity projects as costs are no longer consolidated within MyFinance.

Recommendations to others considering the product

In comparison to Oracle and iScala solutions, Peoplesoft is a better ERP solution assuming that the investment makes sense for the size of the business.

Peoplesoft MyFinance offers a great project management module that meets all my requirements in terms of managing my spend and forecasting. All my project leads are able to initiate their own orders and invoice bookings and keep track of what costs are pending and need to be accrued for at month end. Quick consolidation and reporting at month end.

Oracle PeopleSoft review by Rachael O.
Rachael O.

"Simple and Effective"

What do you like best?

It's simple to use, the homepage looks very clean and everything is labeled nicely. It's also effective, we hardly have any issues with it not working.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it takes too long to load the next page. I recently had issues trying to input XDP (extra duty pays) because they system was taking so long to load each page.

We're able to pay people for missed punches, extra duty pay, and missed vacation/sick leave.

Oracle PeopleSoft review by Allison J.
Allison J.

"Functions, but isn't great"

What do you like best?

It's a pretty basic system and is easy to learn how to use and navigate.

What do you dislike?

The generic system is pretty limiting and customization are expensive. The system also isn't designed well for a non-corporate setting. Very often experience system glitches or limitations to the system that shouldn't exist.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think that for HR purposes, there are better tools out there to use and have more functionality or customization. PeopleSoft doesn't work well for an academic institution.

We use PeopleSoft to track employment data, pay, etc.

Oracle PeopleSoft review by Samantha K.
Samantha K.

"Campus Solutions - Student Records & Academic Advising Review "

What do you like best?

As an end user for Advising and Registration purposes at a very large urban community college, I appreciate that there are no codes to remember. The newest version I use is 9.0 and this version is by far the best due to the ability of the program to save favorites. Older versions required memorization of "bread crumbs" to reach ultimate destination. I really like how user friendly people soft is. I use it in the setting of Higher Education. It is a great tool for Academic Advisors and allows people at the institution to see high level of student records as well as specific things like financial aid. It has allowed us to show student holds and promote degree completion.

What do you dislike?

Limitations to People soft, Campus Solutions 9.0 in the registration modules is that course set ups are very rigid. Behind the scenes IT staff entering in tables and logic are not advisors and therefore do not initially set up course pre-requisites as they are written but as they are written logically. For example if a course needs a pre-requisite of a certain course or higher, it can take a lot of trial and error to get every single "higher" course listed into the system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think if you're considering PeopleSoft for a higher education setting, it is great. During our go-live and implementation of Campus Solutions 9.0, we had a lot of difficulties. We experienced a huge data/privacy breach of employees during the first 24 hours of going live. Academic Advisor's personal emails and home telephone numbers were displayed in student's portals. A huge recommendation is to make sure that during the testing phase, you are careful to protect your testers. At my institution, some tester's who were given access as students had their social security numbers compromised because HR information of the tester was shown to students. It did not seem that we had a lot of support from PeopleSoft directly. Our instiution had to hire contractors who were familiar with PeopleSoft but did not appear to be from the actual company. During implementation our administrators said things such as "we didn't pay for that function", so as someone who is an end-user, I'm not sure what functions we didn't pay for, but I have had no problems accessing the information I need to promote student retention and success. There are definitely a lot of kinks to work out after data migrates and new versions are migrated. My institution set up a Microsoft Share point site for employees from different sections of the college to submit errors or inconsistencies. This log of errors helped organize and better manage fixes.

The largest business problems solved with PeopleSoft is student self-registration, access to HR and benefit information, and student record management. Our institution has seen benefits from the student planner functions within Campus Solutions. It allows students to track their progress towards degree completion. Another great benefit is the internal degree audit allowing advising work to be minimized on requirements and maximized on retention

Oracle PeopleSoft review by Dee K.
Dee K.

"PeopleSoft is the best for a cloud solution that you can customize"

What do you like best?

PeopleSoft is a mature and robust product. With the oracle cloud infrastructure you can get the advantages of cloud hosting but still use PeopleTools to configure and customize.

What do you dislike?

If you make a lot of customizations then it can be more work to apply update images. The regression testing is time consuming so you need to build automated test scripts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is still a great solution and keeps improving

PeopleSoft handles core HR, payroll, gl, ap, billing, ar and contracts. It is an end to end solution to handle key controls and reporting needs.

Oracle PeopleSoft review by User in Higher Education

"Great Student Information System"

What do you like best?

I like that it has a lot of built in tools for higher education. Also, there is a great community of users to reach out to for help - ie: HEUG - Higher Ed Users Group.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes PeopleSoft does not work or produces data that does not work and it's just because that is the way it was designed. Sometimes it takes an IT background to write a query to get the results you desire and sometimes you can write a query that produces data rather easily. I've learned more as I've worked with the system but it is not easy to pick up - it takes time.

It serves all of our needs on a daily basis from a student enrollment/records perspective.

Oracle PeopleSoft review by User

"Eight years of PeopleSoft"

What do you like best?

I think the major reason I like PeopleSoft is the flexiblity that it provides our organization, namely in it's business intellegent tools. We use an information query tool call the MART. This tool we use to gather and display production, revenue and reference data.

What do you dislike?

The MART has a number of limitations, namely the amount of the rows of data that you can pull at one time. At one point we could only pull 50,000 row, which limited our ablility to pull larger production or revenue data. We understand with our upgrade we now can pull 500,000 rows, some jobs we pull 1 to 20 million rows.

accounting and the collection of mineral revenue is the key part of business and we have used peoplesoft help us come up with solutions.

Oracle PeopleSoft review by Donald G. P.
Donald G. P.

"PeopleSoft"

What do you like best?

Overall, it works quite well. It is relatively easy to use and I am able to access all the information I need, when I need it.

What do you dislike?

My use of the software isn't as extensive as some people on campus and, I must say, that there isn't much that I dislike. The only thing I would mention is that you need to input a name exactly right for a search to be conducted. I would like to see more flexibility.

I utilize it to enroll UAlbany Weekend MBA Program students in courses, assign them to a specific Executive Group, and check on grades and GPAs.

Learning about PeopleSoft?

* We monitor all PeopleSoft reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.