PeopleSoft

Oracle's PeopleSoft applications are designed to address the most complex business requirements. They provide comprehensive business and industry solutions, enabling organizations to increase productivity, accelerate business performance, and provide a lower cost of ownership.

Work for PeopleSoft?
Openproerp 2x

Learning about Oracle PeopleSoft?

PeopleSoft Reviews

Request More Information
Showing 436 Oracle PeopleSoft reviews
Oracle PeopleSoft review by <span>Megan F.</span>
Megan F.

Data Challenged

What do you like best?

Peoplesoft is very customizable. I've used Peoplesoft at two separate colleges and each college was able to really customize the program to fit their specifications.

Paychecks are easily accessed, as are other tax forms, and HR management forms. Having one kind of system to manage all the items we have makes it easy and consistent for users.

What do you dislike?

The biggest issue I have with PeopleSoft is the ability to track data successfully and accurately. Reports we've tried to run have been extremely inaccurate and aren't pulling the correct data. For example, when pulling student reports, we've run into issues getting all students to show up on the report. When examining what could have gone run, everything appears to be correct, yet, the students don't show up on the report. Furthermore, there is not an easy way to eliminate duplicates out of the system, which is hard when students don't accurately enter their name (which happens way more than anyone would expect it to!)

Additionally, some of the menus are a bit confusing. In the HR system, it is difficult to find true balances of vacation, enter in time and request vacation/time off. It makes it frustrating as an employee.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would say that if you are looking at PeopleSoft, consider what you're hoping to get from it and then customize it to your needs!

We have many students that apply, so it's nice to be able to have a system that can handle the number of students we have. Additionally, by integrating the HR system and the application system, we have less software to manage and update.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about PeopleSoft
Oracle PeopleSoft review by <span>Vishal G.</span>
Vishal G.

Peoplesoft - stuck in the past

What do you like best?

I like the inherent workflows in Peoplesoft. It served the purpose in the past when ERP and HCM sofware was in its infancy but over time better, more user friendly software has just elevated the experience of users, developers and admins. Peoplesoft has a lot of catching up to do to not end up being another one of Oracle's acquired companies to end up in the dustbin

Navigation

Not optimized for mobile

Not cloud based

Huge gap between the user experience of Peoplesoft compared to other products like Workday

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try to look for other cloud based solutions which are more user friendly, offer similar workflows and features and do not come with the headache of upgrade cycles, release management, planned shutdowns and all the problems associated with on premise software

Human Capital Management and related processes, Enterprise Resource Planning and related processes

What ERP Systems solution do you use?

Oracle PeopleSoft review by <span>Lakhan M.</span>
Lakhan M.

Problem Solver

What do you like best?

PeopleSoft is a software made for every company. Every department is now connected via this online PeopleSoft portal. Performance can be tracked and hence actions can be taken to improve the employee's performance and efficiency accordingly. The company can be well managed and administration becomes easy. Also, due to various checks and approvals in between, chances of theft are almost removed.

What do you dislike?

I think the portal of PeopleSoft can be improved by adding a bit more graphics and rich media. It gets boring if someone is constantly using this software after some time. PeopleSoft is also a bit expensive to purchase but will surely be worth your investment

Recommendations to others considering the product

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! This software will surely do wonders for your company. PeopleSoft helps employees in every department. An ideal software built for all use. Accounts, Finance, Sales, HR etc. Easy to keep a track of your business without many checks and balances. HR department however has the best advantage

PeopleSoft is used throughout my company. From a HR executive to a Sales Director. Everything is now done via the PeopleSoft online Portal. Being the head of the HR department in a major bank, I have to oversee a lot of things happening in my company. From tracking application status to the payroll of every employee, I have to manage a lot of things. Due to everything being online, chances of fraud are completely mitigated creating more transparency in the company

Oracle PeopleSoft review by <span>Karim K.</span>
Karim K.

A complete business tool

What do you like best?

PeopleSoft is an extremely important tool for businesses. A notification can be sent to employees, need for signatures could be reduced and as everything is online, timely and accurate information could be shared among all. At Deloitte, I can assure you, our company may have saved thousands of trees just by saving paper and using PeopleSoft for any announcement, memo, notification or report. Along with this, one of the most important feature is the accessibility from anywhere whether in or off-office/campus.

What do you dislike?

Many a times, I have seen PeopleSoft's software getting crash if there are a a lot of users logging in/using the software at the same time. This causes a huge problem in terms of communication as well. As the company I'm working in employs hundred of employees throughout Pakistan, the software slows down and needs to be refreshed. Using PeopleSoft on your handheld device is also unpredictable. Sometimes it works perfectly on my phone and sometimes, the software can't be accessed on my mobile phone. This creates uncertainty and unreliability.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Universities should for sure have this system in their use. Companies

The first time I was made aware of PeopleSoft was when I was in my university. PeopleSoft was an excellent tool for students. Everything relating to our academics could be found on this platform. CGPA, finances, enrollment etc. Any announcements or assignments by our teachers could even be found here. It was a universal tool for all students.

In my Corporate life, PeopleSoft helped immensely by automating various HR practices enabling better HRM and timely reporting. Through ERP, I was able to measure the performance of employees thus enhancing workforce quality and further, removing any biasness in my department/team

Oracle PeopleSoft review by <span>Alexandra P.</span>
Alexandra P.

A bit of a learning curve

What do you like best?

Once I learned how to use the software, I was able to run queries and reports with ease. I like that the purchases and expended money are all easy to keep track of.

What do you dislike?

There is a learning curve and it required extensive training for me to truly understand how to use PeopleSoft. Sometimes it takes a while for the reports to load, especially when there are a lot of other people trying to run reports at the same time. The text on the reports could be a little bit bigger, but that's just my preference.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There is a learning curve and it helps to have someone who is an expert in this software to train you.

Tracking our budgets and running requisitions. I enjoy the fact that it is easy to go back and take a look at requisitions that I have run that have not been completed.

Oracle PeopleSoft review by <span>John P.</span>
John P.

Never meant to be an ATS

What do you like best?

PeopleSoft as an Oracle product can be customized to meet the needs and workflows of an organizations, which allows the system to work for my company's needs. When the system has issues it usually does not impact the candidates applying, and it more troublesome for the internal user.

What do you dislike?

PeopleSoft does not appear to have been designed as an ATS. Out of the box the ATS provides very limited service, and has had to be heavily customized to meet the needs of recruiters, compensation, finance, and our managers. The process flows of position creation is not intuitive either. Tracking of references and on-boarding steps are not tracked in the system, and this has become a standard characteristic of modern applicant tracking systems. Lastly, PeopleSoft is not mobile friend and this is a huge hit in today's market.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Much more advanced products out there, but these may in fact be more expensive at the same time. A good all inclusive HR System, but from my perspective the lack of mobile features sets PeopleSoft behind the other popular systems. Customization will require IT support from your own IT team or outsourced teams as this can not easily be done without coding.

Receiving over 1000 unique applications a month the PeopleSoft system definitely allows us to tracking and organization applications based on job. As a growing hospital this is crucial for us where just 10 years ago paper applications were still accepted.

Learning about PeopleSoft?

* We monitor all PeopleSoft reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.