PerformYard

PerformYard

Simple Performance Management. Straightforward and flexible for HR. Transparent and painless for employees.

Work for PerformYard?

Showing 36 PerformYard reviews
PerformYard review by <span>Emily P.</span>
Emily P.

"So Far, So Great!"

What do you like best?

I like the user interface - the adoption rate for PerformYard was instantaneous, because it was similar to so many platforms we currently use. It's clean, contemporary and very easy-to-use. I like that we have a dedicated Customer Success Manager (Lauren!) who is always available for my plethora of questions. I like the reporting functionality and the capabilities to customize employee profiles. What I felt PerformYard succeeded in was overall functionality and customization of the platform.

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far - PerformYard seems very receptive to feedback on items we'd perhaps like to see in the future and are always making updates! I would love to see the Org. Chart feature laid out a few different ways (currently just laid out vertically), but I think the Org. Chart alone is a helpful section to have.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The one thing I recommend doing for all performance management systems is doing your due diligence. We checked out a few other systems (Review Snap, Culture Amp and Lattice), but ultimately decided Perform Yard was the best fit for a number of reasons (cost, ease of use, customer service, customization, features, etc.) We also checked references and spoke with clients similar to us who were able to attest to their experience, which Perform Yard was willing and ready to provide!

Automating performance reviews (they were paper-based forms previously), increasing frequency of feedback beyond twice a year with check-ins, ability to easily track performance throughout the year through notes tracked in the system.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about PerformYard
PerformYard review by <span>Tavi M.</span>
Tavi M.

"Excellent service with Lauren!!"

What do you like best?

The success of our implementation depended upon the ease of usage and level of support. Lauren was there every step of the way and was a great teacher. She allowed us as much time as possible to learn and provided specific step by step tools for us to review.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I specifically dislike. The email to open another screen sometimes is vague and easy for people to ignore. I don't know as there is anything we can do about that.

Our firm is growing and so is the level of accountability for everyone in the organization. This program allows us to set SMART goals that can be implemented alone or as part of a team. We can easily track how close we are to meeting our strategic goals as a company, department, team or individuals. It has also allowed everyone to "step up" their game and have impact over their own performance and promotions.

What Performance Management solution do you use?

PerformYard review by <span>Brandi E.</span>
Brandi E.

"Performance Review Transformation"

What do you like best?

I like how easy the product is to use and modify as we evolve our processes. Our intent was to transition from a cumbersome and generic paper based annual performance appraisal to a more frequent and meaningful conversation focused performance process. This was the first year of our experience of our team was positive.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that we have to complete form templates prior to launching a process. Would prefer a bit more flexibility here. But we are able to get what we need done so its not really a barrier just a personal preference.

See above. We went from a paper based process annually to a quarterly feedback process where team members where getting more meaningful feedback and more timely. Other bonus features were the org chart, company goal visibility and peer recognition features which the team loves.

PerformYard review by <span>Audrey R.</span>
Audrey R.

"Intuitive & Flexible"

What do you like best?

We can use the system any way we need - there's a lot of functionality that's organized in a simple way. We looked at 8-10 different tools and my focus groups loved the look of PerformYard best. My employees love that they can't make a mistake - just about anything you do in the tool is changeable and it will track those changes to maintain accountability - a must have in an agile environment.

What do you dislike?

I would love to see the tool implement more functionality for a matrix organization - it's currently limited to a traditional org chart or hierarchy and we've struggled a bit with finding workarounds that benefit our cross-functional teams. We'd love to have our team leaders engage in performance management with their team members.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great tool for organizations with departments that enjoy autonomy in the style with which they use supervise their people.

We're using PerformYard to solve the problems we have with employees not understanding how performance influences their pay and prompting performance discussions more often so that feedback and pay decisions don't come as a surprise at the end of a year. The goal tree has shown us just how matrixed of an organization we truly are and prompting great conversations on the way we're structured and improvements we can make to operations. We've been using PerformYard for less than a year so our organization is still acclimating to the drastic change from a paper-based tool used once a year to a cloud-based tool used at least 3 times a year so we have some time before we realize other benefits.

PerformYard review by <span>Justin C.</span>
Justin C.

"Great tool for Performance Management"

What do you like best?

My experience with setup and implementation was excellent. My Customer Success Manager was outstanding, very responsive and helped customize our rollout to accommodate a quick implementation.

I love being able to view a dashboard to see our progress on getting evaluations completed. I like the review and sign-off process. I am excited to start using the goal setting functionality.

What do you dislike?

Website can still be a little glitchy here and there. Very difficult to do on mobile devices. Would prefer an app or better mobile optimization

Recommendations to others considering the product

Before implementing any sort of Performance Management System, it is important to have buy-in from your managers. Also, don't try to implement in 2 weeks. If you need to, PerformYard will make it work, but trust me, you don't want to do that to yourself.

We are using PerformYard for performance management along with goal-setting. We initially rolled it out just in time for our annual review process only, so we are just digging into the goal setting functionality.

One of the most immediate benefits was being able to track progress on Self-Evaluations and Employee Evaluations. As the HR Leader, I was also able to review Employee Evaluations and provide feedback to managers in order to make the evaluations more specific.

Our next problem to solve will be driving goal-setting throughout our organization. We also plan to set goals specific to training, and use PerformYard as a method of tracking training.

PerformYard review by <span>Tia R.</span>
Tia R.

"PerformYard has met our performance management needs, and has been readily adopted by our employees."

What do you like best?

PerformYard is "intuitive" -- it is easy to navigate and simple to use. It encourages dynamic coaching via status reports (monthly check-ins), allows for documentation, and adds a social media flavor with a "feed" for employees to provide each other shout-outs.

What do you dislike?

I wish it could integrate with our payroll system, but we have found work-arounds such as creating a work-flow that provides notification to our payroll administrator any time an employee's pay or status changes in PerformYard.

Annual reviews were not providing our employees the coaching and mentoring that we wanted. PerformYard allows supervisors who like to give frequent feedback that opportunity, and allows for employees to take control of their communications with their supervisors. For those supervisors with few employees, or who do not use the system often, it is user-friendly and they can navigate PerformYard without much experience or assistance from HR.

Learn more about PerformYard

PerformYard Videos

Learning about PerformYard?

* We monitor all PerformYard reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.

Compare PerformYard to Similar Solutions