Periscope Data

Periscope Data

Periscope Data is a data analysis tool that unifies business data across multiple different data sources.

Work for Periscope Data?

Learning about Periscope Data?

Periscope Data Reviews

Ask Periscope Data a Question
Showing 24 Periscope Data reviews
Periscope Data review by <span>Shreyans P.</span>
Shreyans P.

"Great way to analyze data with fine-grained control over visualization"

What do you like best?

Periscope's user interface is extremely intuitive in design and functionality. Periscope allows me to easily set Periscope charts to display data in tables, charts and graphs and to join tables analogous to a V-lookup in Excel.

Our data science and product marketing teams use the product extensively to create data dashboards to visualize every part of the business. We strive to be incredibly data driven in our decision making as a company, and Periscope allows us to visualize data from all aspects of our business, including the ability to integrate Salesforce data and pipeline information to better inform the financial success of our company.

What do you dislike?

Periscope does require a good amount of SQL knowledge, which can be picked up but does require practice. That being said, Periscope has done a great job crafting an easy-to-navigate SQL editing experience.

Also, it can often be difficult to manage the large number of dashboards that can be created and disseminated between teams at the company. The search option for discovering and sorting dashboards has room for improvement.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Periscope is an incredibly powerful tool that serves as a comprehensive data analysis and visualization tool all-in-one. I would highly consider it for the tremendous value is brings cross teams in your organization.

Periscope Data has certainly been a best-in-class product when it comes to powerful data visualization and dashboarding capabilities and has been a great tool when compared to alternatives such as Tableau and Domo. Our data science and marketing teams use Periscope daily to make dashboards for company performance overviews and to analyze the health of the business. Periscope also allows our sales teams to make incredibly data-driven decisions about when and how best to approach customers on cross-sell opportunities and renewals.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Periscope Data
Periscope Data review by <span>Ryan P.</span>
Ryan P.

"We run our business on Periscope"

What do you like best?

We can spin up dashboards for every part of our business, making us the most metrics-driven company in our industry. Incredibly powerful to be able to visualize all data about every transaction we ever manage on our platform.

Because it's so easy to make these dashboards, we actually do a lot of our work like managing checklists for compliance, reviewing sales pipelines, tracking quota progress, etc right in Periscope. Super easy to pipe salesforce data in as well to manage our own data coming out of our app.

What do you dislike?

So far nothing, we could not survive as a company without Periscope Data at this point.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's better (more flexible, faster, more powerful) and cheaper than Looker, Tableau, Domo, or any competing product.

We manage almost every aspect of our company in this app.

What Business Intelligence Platforms solution do you use?

Periscope Data review by <span>Susmita P.</span>
Susmita P.

"Excited to debut this to our clients!"

What do you like best?

Really great visualizations, a far easier way to demo trends over time, wonderful filtering tools. The fact that I can run R & Python scripts in it is fantastic. And it's got such a great ease of access, a great user experience, and stunning aesthetics.

What do you dislike?

I really can't dislike anything about it! It's just too great to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it

We're trying to give our customers better insights into our data, and we're excited to go live soon! As for benefits, it's got capability to work with far more data and offers real time updates. It'll be a fantastic way to automate so much of my team's reporting work; I'll be so glad to no longer have to manually update, over hours, the items that Periscope can do in mere minutes.

Periscope Data review by User in Computer Software

"Simple, Yet Powerful With Unparalleled Support Team"

What do you like best?

The periscope support team is the best support team for any SaaS product. When I worked with competitor products, such as Tableau, I knew there was a lot of functionality but figuring out how to actually use specific features and reading through all the Tableau "hacks" was a slog. With periscope, I can have a half-formed thought about what I want to do and the support team will come back to me with multiple alternatives and live, step-by-step instructions. I think the quality of the support team is key to making periscope great because periscope does have limited functionality compared to some of its more established competitors -- but having people to guide you through hacks to simulate more complex features makes up for that limited functionality.

What do you dislike?

I think periscope is an excellent tool for making monitoring dashboards, but it falls short for data exploration. I don't think periscope is specifically marketed as a competitor to Tableau and others for data exploration, so that's okay -- but obviously I would prefer it if periscope was a one-stop solution to analytics needs. Specifically, working with multiple filters and playing around with different dimensions is easier in a tool like Tableau.

I use periscope to make dashboards for product and engineering teams to monitor their KPIs. Periscope's simplicity allows me to iterate quickly and this has helped get product and engineering more excited about using data to make decisions.

Periscope Data review by <span>Mike S.</span>
Mike S.

"Great tool for SaaS companies to support CS, Finance, Sales and Customers"

What do you like best?

You can create dashboards with multiple charts and use variables easily. I've used these charts to support Finance, Customer Success, Product and Sales requests. I also use Periscope to provide our customers information

What do you dislike?

Not much! it'd be great if they had a UI for people that don't know SQL to use

Help provide Customer Success to access to the data they need. Help Finance forecast. Help Sales understand who is performing.

Periscope Data review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Retail
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Retail

"A great way to see product analytics "

What do you like best?

The visual graph & charts are a really good way to sales on a visual level. Learning post postgre sql is relatively easy and organize. Even with minimum programming experience anyone should be learn and use periscope. The fact that you can customize your charts & graphs is really helpful when it comes putting together presentation. Exporting excel files are really easy to use as well.

What do you dislike?

If you have no programming experience the software can have a pretty steep learning curve. The UI can be a little difficult to use at first. If you forget to lock your charts other people can mess it up pretty easily. I took me a bit to find how to lock my charts.

I work in supply chain & procurement, so I use it to see sales pattern & fulfillment rates. It has helped me to figure out with products sells better or which product needs more attention. It also helped me to create graphs for other people in my group to do the same.

Periscope Data review by <span>Jeff D.</span>
Jeff D.

"Tableau / Looker for a fraction of the price"

What do you like best?

Does just what it says it does. Type SQL. Get Charts.

I love that the pricing is by the row and not by the user. This makes it possible to roll this out for our entire organization.

What do you dislike?

Managing 100+ dashboards can get tough. Particularly when you want to bulk change. Would be really nice to have our charts in source control.

Dashboards for all teams. "One Place" to look.

Periscope Data review by <span>Catherine W.</span>
Catherine W.

"Incredible way for easy SQL and viewing data"

What do you like best?

An amazing experience since my company set this up and an employee hosting sessions to ease us into using Periscope. There are free classes on Codeacademy to learn how to write SQL! Instead of downloading data/reports and sorting on excel, set Periscope charts to auto-refresh, limit number of rows of results to display, join tables (kind of like a V-lookup), display in tables / charts / graphs, etc.

What do you dislike?

Looking forward to Periscope making more integrations with maybe Google Maps, ESPs, CRM.

Sometimes the site crashes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a fast growing business, you definitely need to try out Periscope, your data scientist would love it!

We make dashboards for company performance overviews and different departments, great for sharing real-time data!

Periscope Data review by Administrator

"Intuitive Dashboard Software"

What do you like best?

The Periscope team is technical and well versed when it comes to company specific custom implementations.

What do you dislike?

Emphasis of tool is on simple, clear reporting. If you're looking for more complex visualizations--Periscope might not be the best fit.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Access the complexity of your visualizations before deciding to go with Periscope.

We monitor product and revenue performance in order to nimbly alter our strategies for company wide performance. Periscope allows us to keep metrics definitions consistent across teams and orgs.

Periscope Data review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"Pretty cool product "

What do you like best?

I like the interface and how you can create your own dashboard and play around with the data. Nothing much to complain about, basically fulfills what I needed. Havent seen what other data software can do, so it seems pretty good already

What do you dislike?

I think my dashboard gets abit messy at times, and that could just be me. Would prefer if they can allow different people to share dashboard, that might be a good way to collaborate with your coworkers. Also dislike the use of colour for the software, maybe white might be less harsh on the eyes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Maybe branding can be a little more fun. Black seems like a dull colour

Trying to get sales and make data driven decision when needed. Pulling out data from different touch point and presenting it. Can be rather easy to use and navigate. Not much complains.

Periscope Data review by User in Internet

"Efficient, but requires SQL Knowledge"

What do you like best?

I appreciate the speed of Periscope, the ability to create and silo off multiple dashboards, and streamlined redshift sql writing.

What do you dislike?

Without proper monitoring and siloing, it is easy to experience a lot of down/lag time. Periscope also requires SQL knowledge.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider if you want to hire analysts with strong SQL skills or if you want a tool for business users.

Periscope is great for SQL analysts to answer data-driven questions and create dashboard for metric tracking.

Periscope Data review by <span>Varun I.</span>
Varun I.

"Decent visualization "

What do you like best?

I like the fact that you can see a broad range of data very clearly using multiple graphs.

What do you dislike?

Its a bit hard to access single data points frim a large set

Recommendations to others considering the product

Worth trying. I'm enjoying using it so far.

Looking at company and sales growth over a period of time months. the visualization on the software really helps track progress easily.

Periscope Data review by <span>Nina B.</span>
Nina B.

"Great start for this software, but need to build out more functionalities"

What do you like best?

I like the intuitive UI and how easy it is to program within it.

What do you dislike?

Some of its customer service needs work and they need a user portal ASAP.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you get in touch and form a connection with their customer success people - they are great and very responsive.

We build dashboards for business stakeholder, mainly business and operational stats.

Periscope Data review by <span>Jonathan C.</span>
Jonathan C.

"Fantastic way to visualize and analyze data "

What do you like best?

The flexibility and thoughtful features Periscope gives users in quickly and easily analyzing data is easily what I like best.

What do you dislike?

No issues with the platform. Perhaps query format flexibility could be slightly improved.

Business problems that we're working to solve are include acquisition and funnel optimizations.

Periscope Data review by <span>André R.</span>
André R.

"Nice Data Analytics Tool"

What do you like best?

Periscope is super versatile and easy to use aplication. It enables you to use filters and develop self-service dashboards for our team.

What do you dislike?

It's UI could be improved, specially when managing big Dashboards.

Analysing the environmental impact of our projects and stadistics for our Operations and Sales Teams.

"Generally a fan "

What do you like best?

UI with graphs and the ability to easily filter

What do you dislike?

Needs greater constraints around the amount of graphs that can be shown in a single dashboard

Easy visual representation of business analytics

Periscope Data review by User in Internet

"So much good user data"

What do you like best?

Very easy to filter account reports & users.

What do you dislike?

More details about the why of the activity. Insights need improvement.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to see your entire user base then this is the product for you.

Easily able to see the health of your customer base.

Periscope Data review by <span>Pedro P.</span>
Pedro P.

"Great interface and cool data export options"

What do you like best?

Colour-coded syntax, dashboard re-arranging settings and clear visual indications when running queries.

What do you dislike?

Some minor visual glitches and limited graph options.

Data analysis and data export

Periscope Data review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Periscope"

What do you like best?

Data and insights I can't get anywhere else.

What do you dislike?

Data isn't always the most accurate and up to date.

That I know when to reach out to a customer when they are overusing the product.

Periscope Data review by User in Staffing and Recruiting
User in Staffing and Recruiting

"I think periscope is a great tool to keep track of kpis for individual employees and departments."

What do you like best?

I love being able to switch back and forth between different dashboards to see performance in different areas of the business.

What do you dislike?

While I enjoy the security of only allowing access to certain dashboards for certain users, I think that switching and adding users access is sometimes finicky and difficult.

One main thing that I think periscope has helped our company with tremendously is keeping track of our individual sales people's performance.

Periscope Data review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Visually appealing dashboards leveraging the full power of SQL!"

What do you like best?

Ease to write Custom code and build excellent dashboards

What do you dislike?

They don't have a 2 member pack, everything is Enterprise only!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Add more of Notifications and Collaborations within a team. Also, we need functionality for No-SQL (MongoDBs, DynamoDB, BigTable) at some point!

High-quality ad super informative executive dashboards!

Periscope Data review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Always need more data! "

What do you like best?

Gives me direct insight into where my customers are spending time and who's account is growing.

What do you dislike?

The data is delayed a few days. Not always sure if I trust it's accuracy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Straight forward on our customer data. No need to get too much into the weeds.

Keeping track of yours customers and user base is critical to account growth.

"Periscope"

What do you like best?

The graphical representation of the data is amazing, especially with the cohorts.

It becomes really easy to read.

What do you dislike?

It takes a lot of time to run the queries.

Using it to visualize the data in a chart format.

Periscope Data review by User in Hospitality
User in Hospitality

"Great Solution of Business Analytics"

What do you like best?

Periscope is a perfect solution for aggregating and analyzing our database. Simple, elegant interface.

What do you dislike?

Menus can become quickly cluttered when using alerts/dashboards heavily.

Analyzing our data

Learn more about Periscope Data

Periscope Data Videos

Periscope Data Downloads

Learning about Periscope Data?

* We monitor all Periscope Data reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.