Periscope Data

Periscope Data is a data analysis tool that unifies business data across multiple different data sources.

Work for Periscope Data?
Klipfolio 2x

Learning about Periscope Data?

Periscope Data Reviews

Ask Periscope Data a Question
Showing 22 Periscope Data reviews
Periscope Data review by <span>Shreyans P.</span>
Shreyans P.

Great way to analyze data with fine-grained control over visualization

What do you like best?

Periscope's user interface is extremely intuitive in design and functionality. Periscope allows me to easily set Periscope charts to display data in tables, charts and graphs and to join tables analogous to a V-lookup in Excel.

Our data science and product marketing teams use the product extensively to create data dashboards to visualize every part of the business. We strive to be incredibly data driven in our decision making as a company, and Periscope allows us to visualize data from all aspects of our business, including the ability to integrate Salesforce data and pipeline information to better inform the financial success of our company.

What do you dislike?

Periscope does require a good amount of SQL knowledge, which can be picked up but does require practice. That being said, Periscope has done a great job crafting an easy-to-navigate SQL editing experience.

Also, it can often be difficult to manage the large number of dashboards that can be created and disseminated between teams at the company. The search option for discovering and sorting dashboards has room for improvement.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Periscope is an incredibly powerful tool that serves as a comprehensive data analysis and visualization tool all-in-one. I would highly consider it for the tremendous value is brings cross teams in your organization.

Periscope Data has certainly been a best-in-class product when it comes to powerful data visualization and dashboarding capabilities and has been a great tool when compared to alternatives such as Tableau and Domo. Our data science and marketing teams use Periscope daily to make dashboards for company performance overviews and to analyze the health of the business. Periscope also allows our sales teams to make incredibly data-driven decisions about when and how best to approach customers on cross-sell opportunities and renewals.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Periscope Data
Periscope Data review by <span>Susmita P.</span>
Susmita P.

Excited to debut this to our clients!

What do you like best?

Really great visualizations, a far easier way to demo trends over time, wonderful filtering tools. The fact that I can run R & Python scripts in it is fantastic. And it's got such a great ease of access, a great user experience, and stunning aesthetics.

What do you dislike?

I really can't dislike anything about it! It's just too great to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it

We're trying to give our customers better insights into our data, and we're excited to go live soon! As for benefits, it's got capability to work with far more data and offers real time updates. It'll be a fantastic way to automate so much of my team's reporting work; I'll be so glad to no longer have to manually update, over hours, the items that Periscope can do in mere minutes.

What Data Visualization solution do you use?

Periscope Data review by <span>Ryan P.</span>
Ryan P.

We run our business on Periscope

What do you like best?

We can spin up dashboards for every part of our business, making us the most metrics-driven company in our industry. Incredibly powerful to be able to visualize all data about every transaction we ever manage on our platform.

Because it's so easy to make these dashboards, we actually do a lot of our work like managing checklists for compliance, reviewing sales pipelines, tracking quota progress, etc right in Periscope. Super easy to pipe salesforce data in as well to manage our own data coming out of our app.

What do you dislike?

So far nothing, we could not survive as a company without Periscope Data at this point.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's better (more flexible, faster, more powerful) and cheaper than Looker, Tableau, Domo, or any competing product.

We manage almost every aspect of our company in this app.

Periscope Data review by User in Computer Software

Simple, Yet Powerful With Unparalleled Support Team

What do you like best?

The periscope support team is the best support team for any SaaS product. When I worked with competitor products, such as Tableau, I knew there was a lot of functionality but figuring out how to actually use specific features and reading through all the Tableau "hacks" was a slog. With periscope, I can have a half-formed thought about what I want to do and the support team will come back to me with multiple alternatives and live, step-by-step instructions. I think the quality of the support team is key to making periscope great because periscope does have limited functionality compared to some of its more established competitors -- but having people to guide you through hacks to simulate more complex features makes up for that limited functionality.

What do you dislike?

I think periscope is an excellent tool for making monitoring dashboards, but it falls short for data exploration. I don't think periscope is specifically marketed as a competitor to Tableau and others for data exploration, so that's okay -- but obviously I would prefer it if periscope was a one-stop solution to analytics needs. Specifically, working with multiple filters and playing around with different dimensions is easier in a tool like Tableau.

I use periscope to make dashboards for product and engineering teams to monitor their KPIs. Periscope's simplicity allows me to iterate quickly and this has helped get product and engineering more excited about using data to make decisions.

Periscope Data review by <span>Mike S.</span>
Mike S.

Great tool for SaaS companies to support CS, Finance, Sales and Customers

What do you like best?

You can create dashboards with multiple charts and use variables easily. I've used these charts to support Finance, Customer Success, Product and Sales requests. I also use Periscope to provide our customers information

What do you dislike?

Not much! it'd be great if they had a UI for people that don't know SQL to use

Help provide Customer Success to access to the data they need. Help Finance forecast. Help Sales understand who is performing.

Periscope Data review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Retail
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Retail

A great way to see product analytics

What do you like best?

The visual graph & charts are a really good way to sales on a visual level. Learning post postgre sql is relatively easy and organize. Even with minimum programming experience anyone should be learn and use periscope. The fact that you can customize your charts & graphs is really helpful when it comes putting together presentation. Exporting excel files are really easy to use as well.

What do you dislike?

If you have no programming experience the software can have a pretty steep learning curve. The UI can be a little difficult to use at first. If you forget to lock your charts other people can mess it up pretty easily. I took me a bit to find how to lock my charts.

I work in supply chain & procurement, so I use it to see sales pattern & fulfillment rates. It has helped me to figure out with products sells better or which product needs more attention. It also helped me to create graphs for other people in my group to do the same.

Learning about Periscope Data?

* We monitor all Periscope Data reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.