Periscope Data

Periscope Data

Periscope Data is a data analysis tool that unifies business data across multiple different data sources.

Work for Periscope Data?

Learning about Periscope Data?

Compare Periscope Data to Similar Solutions

Periscope Data Reviews

Ask Periscope Data a Question
Showing 19 Periscope Data reviews
Periscope Data review by <span>Shreyans P.</span>
Shreyans P.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

Periscope's user interface is extremely intuitive in design and functionality. Periscope allows me to easily set Periscope charts to display data in tables, charts and graphs and to join tables analogous to a V-lookup in Excel.

Our data science and product marketing teams use the product extensively to create data dashboards to visualize every part of the business. We strive to be incredibly data driven in our decision making as a company, and Periscope allows us to visualize data from all aspects of our business, including the ability to integrate Salesforce data and pipeline information to better inform the financial success of our company.

What do you dislike?

Periscope does require a good amount of SQL knowledge, which can be picked up but does require practice. That being said, Periscope has done a great job crafting an easy-to-navigate SQL editing experience.

Also, it can often be difficult to manage the large number of dashboards that can be created and disseminated between teams at the company. The search option for discovering and sorting dashboards has room for improvement.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Periscope is an incredibly powerful tool that serves as a comprehensive data analysis and visualization tool all-in-one. I would highly consider it for the tremendous value is brings cross teams in your organization.

Periscope Data has certainly been a best-in-class product when it comes to powerful data visualization and dashboarding capabilities and has been a great tool when compared to alternatives such as Tableau and Domo. Our data science and marketing teams use Periscope daily to make dashboards for company performance overviews and to analyze the health of the business. Periscope also allows our sales teams to make incredibly data-driven decisions about when and how best to approach customers on cross-sell opportunities and renewals.

0 of 0 found this helpful.
Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Periscope Data
Periscope Data review by <span>Ryan P.</span>
Ryan P.
Validated Review

We run our business on Periscope

Validated Review
What do you like best?

We can spin up dashboards for every part of our business, making us the most metrics-driven company in our industry. Incredibly powerful to be able to visualize all data about every transaction we ever manage on our platform.

Because it's so easy to make these dashboards, we actually do a lot of our work like managing checklists for compliance, reviewing sales pipelines, tracking quota progress, etc right in Periscope. Super easy to pipe salesforce data in as well to manage our own data coming out of our app.

What do you dislike?

So far nothing, we could not survive as a company without Periscope Data at this point.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's better (more flexible, faster, more powerful) and cheaper than Looker, Tableau, Domo, or any competing product.

We manage almost every aspect of our company in this app.

0 of 0 found this helpful.

What Data Visualization solution do you use?

Periscope Data review by User in Computer Software
Validated Review
What do you like best?

The periscope support team is the best support team for any SaaS product. When I worked with competitor products, such as Tableau, I knew there was a lot of functionality but figuring out how to actually use specific features and reading through all the Tableau "hacks" was a slog. With periscope, I can have a half-formed thought about what I want to do and the support team will come back to me with multiple alternatives and live, step-by-step instructions. I think the quality of the support team is key to making periscope great because periscope does have limited functionality compared to some of its more established competitors -- but having people to guide you through hacks to simulate more complex features makes up for that limited functionality.

What do you dislike?

I think periscope is an excellent tool for making monitoring dashboards, but it falls short for data exploration. I don't think periscope is specifically marketed as a competitor to Tableau and others for data exploration, so that's okay -- but obviously I would prefer it if periscope was a one-stop solution to analytics needs. Specifically, working with multiple filters and playing around with different dimensions is easier in a tool like Tableau.

I use periscope to make dashboards for product and engineering teams to monitor their KPIs. Periscope's simplicity allows me to iterate quickly and this has helped get product and engineering more excited about using data to make decisions.

Periscope Data review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Retail
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Retail

A great way to see product analytics

Validated Review
What do you like best?

The visual graph & charts are a really good way to sales on a visual level. Learning post postgre sql is relatively easy and organize. Even with minimum programming experience anyone should be learn and use periscope. The fact that you can customize your charts & graphs is really helpful when it comes putting together presentation. Exporting excel files are really easy to use as well.

What do you dislike?

If you have no programming experience the software can have a pretty steep learning curve. The UI can be a little difficult to use at first. If you forget to lock your charts other people can mess it up pretty easily. I took me a bit to find how to lock my charts.

I work in supply chain & procurement, so I use it to see sales pattern & fulfillment rates. It has helped me to figure out with products sells better or which product needs more attention. It also helped me to create graphs for other people in my group to do the same.

Periscope Data review by <span>Jeff D.</span>
Jeff D.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

Does just what it says it does. Type SQL. Get Charts.

I love that the pricing is by the row and not by the user. This makes it possible to roll this out for our entire organization.

What do you dislike?

Managing 100+ dashboards can get tough. Particularly when you want to bulk change. Would be really nice to have our charts in source control.

Dashboards for all teams. "One Place" to look.

Periscope Data review by <span>Catherine W.</span>
Catherine W.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

An amazing experience since my company set this up and an employee hosting sessions to ease us into using Periscope. There are free classes on Codeacademy to learn how to write SQL! Instead of downloading data/reports and sorting on excel, set Periscope charts to auto-refresh, limit number of rows of results to display, join tables (kind of like a V-lookup), display in tables / charts / graphs, etc.

What do you dislike?

Looking forward to Periscope making more integrations with maybe Google Maps, ESPs, CRM.

Sometimes the site crashes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a fast growing business, you definitely need to try out Periscope, your data scientist would love it!

We make dashboards for company performance overviews and different departments, great for sharing real-time data!

Learn more about Periscope Data

Periscope Data Videos

Learning about Periscope Data?

* We monitor all Periscope Data reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.

Compare Periscope Data to Similar Solutions