Tactile marketing automation

Ask PFL a Question
Showing 16 PFL reviews
PFL review by Steven S.
Steven S.

"Taking the Headache out of Direct Mail"

What do you like best?

PFL makes direct mail programs almost effortless. Once you're up an running you can just sit back and relax knowing every facet of your direct mail program will be automated. No more calling Fedex with tracking numbers, no more manually changing SFDC statuses and no more tracking in spreadsheets. As an added bonus, the Customer Success team rocks and work hard to make sure your programs are successful. They feel more like a member of the team than just another vendor.

What do you dislike?

It would be great if PFL could give the sender a bit more control on stopping packages or changing send dates once the program has triggered. A simple "Stop Send" button or "Resend" button on the dashboard would be amazing.

We use PFL's TMA solution to open doors at our target accounts as part of our ABM strategy. Mixed with our other ABM efforts, we've seen some great results. Our program grabs the attention of our key contacts and helps break through the barrage of digital noise that they expect.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about PFL
PFL review by Zach W.
Zach W.

"Extremely well organized partner organization and PFL's services are saving me hours a week!"

What do you like best?

Utilizing products like SwaqIQ has quickly made direct mail my top performing tactic of generating pipeline. In a role that is highly focused on outbound, I've found that direct mail has been one of the highest priorities in my account cadence, helping me to engage key stakeholders on a personal and professional level.

What do you dislike?

I have zero negative things to say about PFL, truly my honest answer!

Recommendations to others considering the product

PFL is the industry leader, period. They've delivered on every expectation and promise that our sales organization has asked for and then some. Beyond just that, the leadership team is fantastic. I've had the opportunity to speak with most of them on a recurring basis and they are far from the type of organization that isn't to be seen post implementation. They truly care about their customers' successes and it shows in the numbers we've posted as a result of our customer relationship with them!

Direct mail on its own can be painstakingly time consuming. I was mailing out my own personalized campaigns prior to implementing SwagIQ, which would take almost my entire afternoon once to twice a week. Juggling this with meetings, it felt like a giant burden until PFL began to streamline some of Marketo's marketing and sales efforts. Direct mail is now my top performing tactic of generating pipeline and creating engagement with key stakeholders.

What Sales Enablement solution do you use?

PFL review by Derek B.
Derek B.

"Excellent Direct Mail Fulfillment - World Class Customer Support"

What do you like best?

PFL has been way more than just a solution for our direct mail needs, they have been a partner in helping us plan and execute our multi channel ABM strategy! The team at PFL will not only throw down what they are doing in order to help fix a bug, but they have been a key member of every direct mail strategy and campaign we have executed. I need to give a specific shout out to our CSM, Garett Meznarich, who goes above and beyond everyday to make us successful!

What do you dislike?

It would be great to be able to see specific things like inventory within a customer portal, along with more in depth reporting and ROI. PFL has made the commitment to start working on this and have provided the initial solutions for both of these issues.

Using PFLs TMA software/service, we are now able to execute direct mail campaigns out of Marketo on target accounts and contacts in part with our multi channel ABM campaigns. To compliment that, we use their SwagIQ software/service to allow our Sales, Support and Executive team to have full autonomy and send direct mailers out of Salesforce with three clicks! It allows them to follow up to an action or trigger in a timely and personalized way.

PFL review by Jill M.
Jill M.

""Sales and Marketing have never worked better together" thanks to PFL"

What do you like best?

The eco-system we've established is like no other - a triad of SFDC, Marketo and auto-triggered direct mail and appointment getting tactics enabled by PFL partnership. Sales loves it.

Also, PFL was uber-interested in our KPIs and always looked for ways to drive success for the program - and Windstream as a result. One of our key challenges early in 2018 ...sales was opting in targets but not following up. PFL shipped a campaign samples package and then had the amazing idea of making follow up calls to each Region Sales Director (44 calls.) The call basically said, "You've got sample of the great campaign. this call is to show you the power of a follow up call - don't forget to encourage your teams to set a follow up cadence." That phone call was the BEST IDEA -- our sales directors gushed over what a great idea that was. One director recorded it and sent to his team.

What do you dislike?

I do think there are other benefits of working together with PFL that we didn't take advantage of and we could. PFL made recommendations around integration of targeted social, pre and post event promotions, etc. We should have done more to create and integrated ABM plan integrating the campaigns in play with these ideas.

Campaign targets driven 100% by sales. Driving appointments, opportunity count/value and win count/value. Also, the program has given us the right to counsel with sales on the right demand generation cadences they should adopt.

PFL review by Laura T.
Laura T.

"Organized and reliable"

What do you like best?

I have had positive experiences with PFL - rarely have I ever come up with issues. I feel like they ship relatively fast, and are packaged very nicely and enticingly!

What do you dislike?

I wish that senders, vs. the demand gen or marketing team, had the chance to change or send a box. You typically have to run through a few hoops to do so.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I feel it's organized, user friendly, and implements well with your current tools! A suggestion I would have is to implement with Outreach or Connect and Sell as a form of communication.

It's a great method of outreach. When someone is on the fence - sending something via snail mail, and tying it into your Account Based Marketing really proves to be a useful and meaningful tactic.

PFL review by Jessica C.
Jessica C.

"Software AND Service"

What do you like best?

PFL is a great combination of tech and consultative service. They have the tech to easily integrate into yoru marketing automation and CRM as well as a team of consultants to help you design the perfect direct mailer for all your needs. I've used them about two companies now and they always have good ideas on what will get peoples attention for your direct mail campaigns.

What do you dislike?

I do wish they had a flow step to validate the address when we send it over, but there are other technology vendors that can help with that.

We send a lot of direct mail and it is always a pain to export the list to send to the printer, then load back in a CSV of those that were delivered and try and get an accurate representation of who received the package and who did not.

PFL automates and streamlines all that flow as well as acting as our experts in direct mail. They always have great ideas for new packages and can source materials from anywhere.

PFL review by Jason R.
Jason R.

"Effortless Experience"

What do you like best?

PFL makes following up with leads and customers extremely easy and has saved us a bunch of time and removed areas of potential errors by automating our fulfillment process. They are also easy to work with and are quick to reply to questions.

What do you dislike?

In order to have order tracking, they have to create 5 fields for each webhook which takes up alot of space as we add more webhooks. It is worth it though to be able to have tracking of orders.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need to automate sending of tactile items, you need PFL. They have cured many headaches we faced in the past. The best thing I can say about them is that they walk the walk. Many vendors pitch great solutions only to fall flat once implemented but PFL is not that way. They are quick to help and are a real asset in planning new executions.

We want to automate sending of samples, literature and other direct mail pieces by triggered events in Marketo. This has saved us a lot of time and manual effort and customers are getting their products faster and with tracking.

PFL review by Nikki N.
Nikki N.

"PFL is Flippin' Awesome"

What do you like best?

We use PFL to incorporate direct mail into our multi-channel #FlipMyFunnel event promotions. Our goal is to get the attention of our audience and drive attendance to our events. The direct mail pieces PFL has helped us create, like a giant funnel, definitely demand attention and have been contributing to the increase in our response rates. The PFL team has been amazing to work with. A lot of what we do pushes traditional marketing boundaries, so the ease of use of the solution and the receptive and responsive support team makes PFL #1 for us.

What do you dislike?

There's not much to dislike here. PFL truly care about their customers and it shows in everything they do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have the proper level of Salesforce that allows API integration. We had some initial delays in getting started because of this. However, PFL still helped us execute our sends on the back end to ensure our business goals were met while we got this worked out.

We were trying to break through the noise of digital channels and PFL's direct mail services help us do that.

PFL review by Executive Sponsor in Computer Software
Executive Sponsor in Computer Software

"Nightmare implementation"

What do you like best?

I have not been able to use the tool yet even though I purchased it over 3 months ago

What do you dislike?

I was told things during the sales process that were actually not possible with the tech. The process to trigger mailers is not as easy as they make it seem. Also, the process to order and 'kit' items takes forever. Also, if you want any sort of customization in the program it takes even longer. Also the branded products they source are more expensive than industry average.

Recommendations to others considering the product

do not do it, go with sendoso or another tool

trying to use them to send personalized mailers to the key accounts in our account based marketing program

PFL review by Alicia M.
Alicia M.

"Direct Mail is Back!"

What do you like best?

PFL works with you to create programs that grab the attention of your prospects.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, there isn't really anything I dislike about PFL. I've been working with them for over a year now and I can't think of one thing I dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have ever tried running a physical mail program on your own, you know how time consuming it can be. If you are considering PFL, come to them with your business goals and they will work with you to strategize the best program to reach your goal.

PFL helps get the attention of high value clients at large companies and also move pipeline through the funnel. By automating your direct mail sends in with digital sends, we were able to accelerate our deal cycle and generate significant pipeline in the enterprise space.

PFL review by Dave R.
Dave R.

"Fantastic software and service for scaling direct mail"

What do you like best?

There is not much to dislike with PFL. From a service perspective, their team is sharp and committed. They are great and helping guide direct mail experiences. Also, the software is really great for giving control to sales for what to send to whom and when, along with triggering for follow up (specifically the Fedex and Salesforce integration).

What do you dislike?

We have not come across anything that we dislike yet about PFL.

Sending direct mail programs at scale.

PFL review by Linda F.
Linda F.

"Fulfill Direct Mail campaigns automatically through PFL "

What do you like best?

Building the webhook in Marketo is relatively straightforward and once tested, works pretty seamlessly.

What do you dislike?

Testing isn't automated and usually requires human confirmation of success/failures.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Data quality seriously affects utility, but that's something PFL can't support. They do provide feedback if data quality is poor, but fixing those issues requires people effort and is pretty manual. If your database is clean and up-to-date, and you want to trigger direct mails quickly, PFL is the way to go.

PFL makes it easy for Marketing to create Direct Mail programs that Sales can trigger anytime, reducing the need to manage spreadsheets and arrange FedEx pickups!

PFL review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Great results from direct mail"

What do you like best?

I believe in the power of direct mail to drive prospect engagement, but our sales and marketing team did not have the resources to put the kits together ourselves. Using PFL, they can effortlessly send personalized notes and packages right through Salesforce. A useful feature is that reps receive an email alert when a package has been delivered to their prospect allowing them to follow-up in a timely manner. The custom packaging and customer service PFL provides is also a plus!

What do you dislike?

Nothing to say here, if anything I would recommend having a less self-service way of reviewing the reporting/dashboards.

We've found that by adding in the direct mail touchpoint, we are seeing an increase in email response. We’re also incorporating direct mail into our event marketing, which we hope to boost our attendance number.

PFL review by User in Computer Software

"Nice direct mail products"

What do you like best?

PFL has been easy to work with for a direct mail project. They provide a team of designers although we ultimately decided to use a regular agency of ours. They offered a wide variety of options for formats and styles.

What do you dislike?

None of the samples they sent us were completed by their internal design team. It would have been good to see samples of the design work they've done.

We used them recently for a win-back campaign to target customers we had lost to a competitor with a direct mail piece. The piece is in the process of being completed.

PFL review by Executive Sponsor in Computer Software
Executive Sponsor in Computer Software

"Top of class direct mail"

What do you like best?

They have assigned teams to help support ideas, campaigns and brainstorm

What do you dislike?

They take a little longer than other direct mail providers to stay with the quality

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great if you plan on sending big direct mail campaigns, not the best for one off sends. They normally send 1-3 solutions/sends for each send based on different pricing/quality.

How to help our sales team start conversations with cold accounts and to help close open opportunities

PFL review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"We ordered post cards through PFL"

What do you like best?

They had the best price of all the people I got quotes from.

What do you dislike?

It's been many months since I last used PFL. When I did I think there was a longer turnaround time on questions than I wanted.

Recommendations to others considering the product

maybe

They made it easy to send out a self mailer to new potential clients.

Learn more about PFL

PFL Videos

Learning about PFL?

* We monitor all PFL reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.