Over the years, I’ve had multiple discussions with Pheedloop regarding new features that would be helpful from an Event Manager’s perspective. They’ve taken this feedback and really built out the app over the past few years. It’s been really exciting to share in their journey, especially since they are a Canadian company based out of Toronto. With that said, I’d recommend a demo as the app can do way more than you’d think. Over the past two years, we’ve built our conference site and ticketing system through them, in addition to using their check-in system, which was incredibly fast and provided us with check-in data as we needed it. Their badge system also worked like a dream. We’ve had such a headache creating badges manually in the past, and they make it so easy. Pheedloop literally eliminated hours of frustration, which is the last thing you need just days before a conference.
Whenever I've run into issues, they've been fairly minor and the Pheedloop team has always been able to roll out a fix within hours or minimal days. So, whatever I've disliked something, it hasn't really been an issue for too long. Our contact is definitely someone who listens to his customers and actions on feedback. Even once we are done with our website and registration setup, I’ll get random periodic emails from them simply checking in to make sure that everything is going well. They simply don’t rely on the “no news, is good news” theory, which is a real testament to the care and attention that they provide to their clients.
Make sure to have someone walk through a demo with you. Their tool does so much more than you realize and it's constantly evolving. Every six months we sit down with them to do a walk through of new functionalitites that we want to integrate for the new years, and prior to our conference, we do the same as things change that fast.
1. Easy event website setup - For people with little to no technical web background, the Pheedloop interface is very easy to use. Like most things, you need to spend some time in the system going through the options, but you'll find that you can quickly and easily build a great looking conference website.
2. Easy ticketing system with the ability to create different registration processes for different types of delegates - We like to categorize our attendees as regular delegates, sponsors, and speakers. We require slightly different information from each category, and this is easily customizable in the Pheedloop platform. This year, we really loved that we received text notifications straight to our mobile phones when a speaker checked in. It helped us keep track of who had arrived, which gave us peace of mind, and also one less thing to worry about.
3. Affordability - We're a small organization who puts on one event per year. A lot of other event management solutions out there do not cater to organizations and events of our size. Unlike Pheedloop, they also offer limited functionality. Regardless of the size of the event, many of the same or similar challenges can be experienced, so we've always appreciated the fact that we have the ability to integrate new capabilities as our conference size grows.
4. We work in a niche industry, where many executives go to the same conferences. Last year we had two larger industry organizations come to ask to ask about Pheedloop, and we're happy to report that they are both now using their system as well. The major benefit of this is that the conference app at each conference offers a very similar experience, so that conference delegates don't need to re-learn how each conference app functions.
5. Helping speakers create more engaging presentations - Our speakers have really appreciated the ability that the polling functionality allows. They can interact with delegates, and by polling the audience, they also add more validity to their presentations as well, which creates presentations that have much more impact on the audience.