Phocas Software

Phocas Software is a business intelligence software firm

Work for Phocas Software?
Sisense vs 3  2x

Learning about Phocas?

Phocas Software Reviews

Request More Information
Showing 96 Phocas reviews
Phocas review by <span>Paul S.</span>
Paul S.

Much more powerful than you think

What do you like best?

The ability to firstly bring in separate but related streams but then secondly to perform custom calculations between the streams brings a whole new level of unexpected functionality

What do you dislike?

Slightly disappointed to discover after spending a fair amount of time designing a new database with the excellent new Database Design tool that the essential "Build" part was not compatible with SQL Server 2008 R2. There is usually a workaround for supporting new features on older versions of SQL so it's a shame that hasn't been added. Upgrading to a new version of SQL Enterprise edition is both costly and, in our case, has to be balanced with the potential impact on other applications using the same SQL Server.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get on a training day to see the full power

Provides a large and growing number of salespeople access to up-to-date information without them needing access to and advanced training on the main ERP system. Also means a large number of reports people thought they needed are actually not necessary at all.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Phocas Software
Phocas review by <span>Michael J.</span>
Michael J.

Great Business Intelligence software

What do you like best?

I really enjoy the freedom of developing the exact report that I want. If I find that I am unable to do something, the support team has always come through and fixed it so it works.

I have created reports that show dead stock in one branch that other branches sell.

I have made dashboards that show everything we did last month. From how many orders we entered to how many returns we did. It breaks down stock and direct orders. With this dashboard we can drill down into a branch and even drill down into an employee. It is able to show you how many manual changes our sales force made on prices.

What do you dislike?

I feel one of the biggest limitations to Phocas is the charting portion. Trying to develop nice looking charts is not easy and printing them is not possible.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Phocas has a learning curve. I have learned so much just by diving in and trying to figure out a report. Once you realize the flow and how to use advance search, the possibilities are endless. When I get stuck they have a great help database and if I cannot find it, support has always come through for me. Phocas takes time to listen to suggestions and the updates they come out with have always been major improvements.

Phocas is amazing at getting information for reports in seconds. I have been able to put together a report in minutes that would take me hours to do in my ERP. I have started rolling Phocas out to the owners of our company. This has taken a great load off of me and my IT department. I look forward to getting Phocas into the hands of my sales force and having it increase our gross profit and efficiency.

What Business Intelligence Platforms solution do you use?

Phocas review by <span>Peter E.</span>
Peter E.
Invitation from G2 Crowd on behalf of the vendor

Phocas helped create positive change in our organization allowing better insight to our data

What do you like best?

The simplicity of the user interface allowing with the ease of creating and saving reports, dashboards, users, etc.

Admins can make sweeping changes to multiple users

Users can reset their own passwords

You can export data to multiple sources

You can view from a line level to an highly arrogated level and everywhere in between

You can assign multiple security levels to multiple users

What do you dislike?

If you are looking to make modifications yourself the back end development requires more in depth knowledge of the product and training.

The dashboards are not as clean as other programs I have seen, but I know this is something they are looking to improve.

I know that simplicity is their motto, but sometimes it would be nice to have a way to have advanced features for super users that are asked to dig into the data.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you are clear about what exactly you want to do with this software and how you plan on using it to manage products, services, and people

Near real-time data.

Easily distribute data with appropriate security parameters.

Customers or products that decline in sales

Monitor promos and campaigns easily

Take multiple data points and create a dashboard to make quicker decisions

Phocas review by <span>David R.</span>
David R.
Invitation from G2 Crowd on behalf of the vendor

Dynamic and flexible tool to enable a deep dive understanding of the business

What do you like best?

Phocas is flexible and extensive enough to meet most of our needs. The reporting engine allows for complex queries and views that add value to our existing systems, portable and easy to work with. Very easy to use out of the box. Specifically suited to SME users with a pre-existing application suite, Phocas is a simple bolt on that provides immediate functionality. Coming from a legacy application suite we found the setup process quite simple with the help of the proficient staff. They assisted with the transformation and export of our existing data. The mobile nature of the hosted solution allows our national staff to access phocas data from all locations. The Hosted solution has also reduced the internal Capex/Opex as we have free'd up IT resources such as licensing, storage and server capacity.

What do you dislike?

In older versions there was not a great deal of depth in sharing favorite queries, it was doable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its a simple process to quickly access all of your data. Easy to have setup and easy to manage.

Stock holdings and making our working capital more efficient. From a staff perspective we can dig through the data to find trends and opportunities to aid our forecasting and identify growing markets. Our reps can pre-analyse individual customer trends, identifying upcoming trends from existing clients to tailor new products to specific market segments.

Phocas allows a daily snapshot to be displayed as our executive dashboard.

Phocas review by <span>Barry W.</span>
Barry W.
Invitation from G2 Crowd on behalf of the vendor

Exactly what we have been looking for!

What do you like best?

Ease of use is a top priority when putting BI in the hands of everyday users. Phocas is very intuitive in most aspects and has been FUN to use. When's the last time you had fun doing BI?

What do you dislike?

I need a little more flexibility on the fields from my database.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be patient on setup. We are using Infor SX.e which as those that know it can attest to, there are 6 different ways to do everything and they're all right. However, this makes for a difficult job in extracting data correctly for the implementation team. Best thing is that they are great at what they do and very helpful.

We are seeing inventory with wrong categories, vendors and product lines. We are seeing sales from a new perspective especially when comparing the sales of like products to each other. As the IT guy who everyone asks for reports, I can now create them and put them in their folder for them to look at any time in the future.

Phocas review by <span>Barry K.</span>
Barry K.

Brilliant!

What do you like best?

Phocas has a simple yet powerful front end and makes data manipulation a doddle. Based upon the underlying technologies -accessing critical info on the fly has never been easier, especially in our current cloud based 'migration'. A very impressive and well polished product that will appeal to a broad range of end users.

What do you dislike?

As an administrator of Phocas our integration solutions tend to vary by customer profile so it wouldn't be fair to say it's a fault with Phocas as it supports and integrates well with the likes of SQL but failing SQL you can rely on raw data (text files).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't delay, get on board, this company is going in the right direction and your business can benefit from using Phocas.

It varies by client but we can use this internally to monitor our sales data (biggest chunk of what we use it for). That said, it's very flexible in other areas and if we have the content -we can present it, analyse it and use it to our advantage. We can use this to easily and rapidly spot trends and take appropriate action. It allows us to present info elegantly in a serious environment. It is pleasing to the eye which makes a statement about your business to prospects!

Learning about Phocas Software?

* We monitor all Phocas Software reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.