Want to see who topped the 2019 Best Software Awards?
Phorest Salon Software

Phorest Salon Software

4.7
(24 reviews)

Phorest provides a range of salon and spa management software tools such as a salon-branded treatcard and iPhone app; sms, email, facebook and twitter marketing tools.

Work for Phorest Salon Software?

Learning about Phorest Salon Software?

Phorest Salon Software Reviews

Ask Phorest Salon Software a Question
Showing 24 Phorest Salon Software reviews
Phorest Salon Software review by Brenda M.
Brenda M.

"User Friendly! All salon needs covered."

What do you like best?

Phorest is very easy to navigate. They have thought of everything from integrating social media and google reviews to appointment reminders and online booking. The support if needed is quick and very friendly, no waiting on hold forever. The support team takes suggestions for features to be improved or added. The initial training was very thorough without being overwhelming. I love the app they created for my salon and everything links together and works great! I can access the program from my home computer and I love having the app on my phone. I can see my schedule anytime. I book people or even cash someone out through the phone app if someone is on the front desk computer.

What do you dislike?

I can't really say I dislike anything. They allow you to send requests for any changes you need to make it work better for you.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend Phorest to any salon. It does everything they say it does and more!

Keeping up with clients notes. Appointment reminders that I was paying extra for through another company are now included with Phorest. Setting up packages for clients with hair replacement plans. Bundling service packages for special offers so we can track our advertising. Posting reviews to social media and google to keep us on top through search engines. Inventory count and re-ordering is streamlined.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Phorest Salon Software
Phorest Salon Software review by Evan W.
Evan W.

"Phorest, by comparison, is beyond amazing!"

What do you like best?

The customer service and helpfulness is great. The fact that it works and is so user friendly. We came from Booker and nothing ever worked and no one could ever help us. The difference is astounding. The marketing solutions are incredible too. Online booking is so much easier for our clients. You can see the reports on the app. It just does everything its supposed to do

What do you dislike?

I don't like that there is no place to store clients card information. The online booking fees are annoying and having to pay international fees to pay for it. It doesn't do birthday reminders so you have to physically go in to each person's file to see their birthday. Phorest pay is kinda buggy. When the client buys products and pushes the 20% button for tip, it includes the products in the sale so they tip on the products too. Big no no, but they say they're working on it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend this software! We have gone from the worst to the best and while its not perfect, its made our lives so much easier.

The review sections are so helpful and it prompts them to send to google. Online booking is streamlined and easy. Tipping, reports. Honestly, its helping everywhere!

What Spa Management solution do you use?

Phorest Salon Software review by Adelle G.
Adelle G.

"The reports are incredible"

What do you like best?

I love that I can keep track of everything. The reports section is incredible and helpful to keep a pulse on what’s going on in the salon when I’m not there. I love the marketing as well. We have gotten more reviews since using Photest,, than we have in the 4 years we’ve been open. It’s incredible. We have about 2-3 google reviews each day all saying how much they love the Salon.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that I cannot let my team member see their own numbers without giving them control over all the Salon reports. I obviously don’t want them to be able to see all the financials as well as what others are getting paid, but I do feel they should be able to see their own numbers whenever they would like to.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would absolutely recommend this softw

There are so many benefits. The marketing, reports, newsletters, incredible training support, easy to learn and use

Phorest Salon Software review by PAULA D.
PAULA D.

"Excellent"

What do you like best?

Customer service , always willing to resolve problems in a a timely matter.very open to our opens and problems. Willing to help owners or front desk in walking thru what is needed to get what we need or what we are doing wrong . They knowledge of thier software is without a doubt is superior to any other software employees!

What do you dislike?

Online booking salons can’t customize to your bussiness . Have to go with what they have . I pay for it can’t use it! Charge the salon for booking in line . I’m a commission salon ,my staff won’t except the terms .went to flat fee ,that was told it included EVERYTHING.! Not true. Phorest should take on the cost or take the change on not salons.sofware should not repeat services for next visit .we are not a spa

Helps drive reviews . Templates for specials , retention,webinars.. break down of everything . Reconnect to clients ,wonderful!

Phorest Salon Software review by Tomy L.
Tomy L.

"Ronan, hire me as a consultant, lets take Phorest from great to GREATER"

What do you like best?

It's well thought out and easy to use. It's cloud based which is great, every stylist has the ability to view their schedule. You as an owner have control over what they can and can not do on the system.

What do you dislike?

It's not designed from the users point of view. As to say it's thought out from a salon owner or stylist perspective. Many things I would change to make it the #1 system in the world.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's the best system out there! Trust me, I researched every other product before deciding to make the switch. It's not perfect, I have yet to come across a perfect salon software system. Let me help make it perfect

Online reputation manager is great! the fact that we can see all of our reviews on one page and then respond is amazing. What's even better is when customers with a 4 or 5 rating can be asked to post to google, facebook, or yelp. This action really drives up our overall rating on these sites. The only thing I could imagine that would make online reputation better is.... If when I go to my online reputation page, and from there, to have the ability to login directly to google, facebook, and yelp to update those pages (change hours, add holiday hours, update photos etc). Instead of having to go to every one individually, I would love to access them from the online reputation page.

Phorest Salon Software review by Andrea B.
Andrea B.

"My prayers were finally answered"

What do you like best?

I’ve gone though two painful booking systems over the past 6 years. I couldn’t understand why a program couldn’t do everything I needed and wanted it to do. Phorest is literally the answer to EVERY SINGLE ISSUE I have ever had. I have not one additional request. All I have are positive outcomes, even in some glitches when we switched systems. The customer help is so kind, patient, diligent, and knowledgable. There’s not one single thing I dislike about Phorest.

What do you dislike?

the Only thing I can even think to mention here is that the app is not as user friendly as I would have liked. It’s much harder to function on the app than the computer, but it works in a pinch.

Accurate reporting

Accurate inventory management

Accurate ordering capabilities

‘Rewards’, aka Treat Cards, tracking is so easy and accurate.

Wonderful email/text communication with guests beyond just the confirmation emails

Phorest Salon Software review by User in Health, Wellness and Fitness
User in Health, Wellness and Fitness

"Receptionist "

What do you like best?

Its easy to use and navigate. I like that it send out client confirmation texts and emails, has a option to add more client information like address and birthdays. It is also connected to social media and clients post reviews through phorest.

What do you dislike?

I dont dislike anything about the program, the only thing that bothers me is that it lags sometimes and takes a while for their support to get in contact with you about issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its a great salon software to consider, ive used a few other ones and this one seems to be the easiest and most beneficial to the salon

Solving issues with clients and scheduling. Also helps with the financial tools it provides to give reports of the workers performance at any given time period

Phorest Salon Software review by Jesse M.
Jesse M.

"Great expereince so far!"

What do you like best?

The training and customer support is amazing. Reports, online booking, marketing and integrated credit card processing make my life so much easier.

What do you dislike?

My only concerns are the time being in military time for the reminders, the fact that clients have to log in to see the actual time when they receive a confirmation. The tipping is not right - it tips on the total (service & retail) that needs to be changed for sure.

Recommendations to others considering the product

nothing to consider - no regrets at all!

Time saving - less time on the phone with clients - everything just runs smoother!

"Software experience"

What do you like best?

Consistency in performance. Customer service , for most departments. Added features, txt messages, branded app, ease of use

What do you dislike?

There can be a communication gap between the U.K. and USA.

Would have been great if the clients birthdays could be entered easily in our format and if that info would have imported! Now we don’t have any of our existing clients birthdays..

A bit more information and response about the branded app- I don’t feel like our needs have been met.

An outline of the transition process upfront would be great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ask questions!

The txt messages are great. I think the marketing is great, we just haven’t been able to utilize it, customize it yet. Again, consistency from day to day has been great- out previous software was always down.

Phorest Salon Software review by Roberto S.
Roberto S.

"Best platform for salons"

What do you like best?

Many things to like about this software. Functionality is simple, online capabilities are far ahead of the competition and the support is great.

What do you dislike?

There is really nothing i dislike. Just waiting for them to create custom reports which i think is coming soon :)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your research and you will see no other company executes all areas like Phorest does. The have a great team that supports every step of the way.

Keeping current with Technology is always a challenge. Phorest makes it easy with online booking and online reputation.

Phorest Salon Software review by AnneMarie K.
AnneMarie K.

"Perfect software "

What do you like best?

I love that I can utilize booking, employee management and inventory in one software. Phorest customer support team is great and the marketing features have really launched my business.

What do you dislike?

There isn’t anything I dislike about this software

Marketing has been a big one for us.

Phorest Salon Software review by Administrator

"Operator/Manager of Odessa Salons"

What do you like best?

I like that the system is user friendly. I have been able to figure out processes without much difficulty even though i am fairly new at this.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how we currently have some of the online booking features set up. But that is an issue on our end not Phorest.

I am solving problems that were related to daily accounting. It is helping us really keep track of financial systems including tracking the products which can be time consuming.

Phorest Salon Software review by Janet R.
Janet R.

"Change is good"

What do you like best?

Phorest software is really easy to use. I like that you can access on your phone as well.

What do you dislike?

I wish the iPhone version worked as well as the mac desktop version.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I wish the software would run completely on my iphone so I dont have to have a computer in my suite.

I found it easier to run payroll reports plus you can set reports to generate and send via email automatically.

Phorest Salon Software review by Administrator

"Fantastic service, Fantastic technology"

What do you like best?

Technology first. Everything from the PhorestGo app to the client reconnect, is great at connecting with our clients on real-time notice. Love how is easy it is to creat appointments on Phorest too!

What do you dislike?

Only thing that we do not like is that you cannot have multiple tabs open at once.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommend Phorest if you want to take your salon to the next level with technology and customer service. The ai technology keeping clients satisfied is unparalleled.

No shows. Getting credit cards to reserve online appointments has helped us reduce them. Also our custom salon app has increased our online appointments by 30% in the last 4 months!

Phorest Salon Software review by Maria L.
Maria L.

"I love Phorest "

What do you like best?

Ease of use for the receptionist and stylists

What do you dislike?

Not being able to add if client is a walk-in referral or alternate

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it you will not go back

Tracking results

Phorest Salon Software review by User

"Phorest is a Wonderful Choice!"

What do you like best?

Ease of implementation. Great Features. Fantastic Customer Service!

What do you dislike?

SMS Text Marketing not available to Canadian customers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Phorest is a very robust and versatile solution for Salons and Spas!

This is an exceptional solution for appointments and marketing! Easy for staff to use and great mobile application.

Your industry list below does not include Spa

Phorest Salon Software review by Vanessa S.
Vanessa S.

"Owner"

What do you like best?

Everything it’s great with my clients we all Love it. And the support group are ophenomenal.

What do you dislike?

Nothing I can think of they truly helpful and they encourage me to do more.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It’s good for us even though we’re not using it to the pot

Client history service and data

Phorest Salon Software review by Lori G.
Lori G.

"Phorest is a marketing company that does more than allow you to book appointments"

What do you like best?

Phorest is always available to answer questions and help with difficulties.

What do you dislike?

It's based in Ireland so the time difference is a bit much.

The software has lots of reports to track business goals and handles all my marketing and gets us lots of great reviews.

"Operational Experience"

What do you like best?

Very responsive and market aware company. Understands company / client relationship(s).

What do you dislike?

Nothing, extremely versatile and dynamic software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Engage the Phorest team that are there to help.

Tracking customers likes and dislikes

Managing personnel programs to maximize efficiency.

Using report writers to monitor business growth.

Phorest Salon Software review by User

"Marketing & booking are great!"

What do you like best?

Booking is pretty easy and fast compared to other companies. Marketing features are useful. Customer service is great!

What do you dislike?

There are employee reports that technicians need to see but only have access to theirs not the entire report module. There's no easy way for technicians to add services/products to just the ticket without giving full access to book or checkout. Payroll configuration isn't the best but they're working on it.

Weekly Reports are insightful. Booking is fast and easy.

Phorest Salon Software review by Leo Z.
Leo Z.

"Phorest has increased productivity and boosted our marketing efforts while increasing efficiency. "

What do you like best?

Online marketing has enabled us to share our reviews with the world

What do you dislike?

Not being able to set custom appointment times for specific clients

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't know all, run!!!

Rebooking is up and so is online reputation

Phorest Salon Software review by User in Health, Wellness and Fitness
User in Health, Wellness and Fitness

"Why I like Phorest Salon Software"

What do you like best?

After a careful, in depth comparison with existing salon software, We chose Phorest Salon software, We are very satisfied with their initial training, Ease of use, Customer service, Day to day operations, Reconnect, text reminders etc

What do you dislike?

it takes time for reaching to customer service as we have to book a time to speak to someone.

Appointments, Day to day operations, discounts, adding inventory, services all of it.

Phorest Salon Software review by Sussann R.
Sussann R.

"Happy"

What do you like best?

The simplicity and ease of use along with the layout

What do you dislike?

The international time frame and delayed customer service reply

Texts and email promos

Phorest Salon Software review by User

"Fantastic Salon Software! "

What do you like best?

Client reconnect

Filtering emails to certain clients

Client product history

What do you dislike?

I wish the create your email section had more options. The preset email templates are fine, just wanting to make my own look better. Examples: different fonts, color fonts, blank preset templates to choose from.

Client reconnect has helped bring people back in

Learn more about Phorest Salon Software

Phorest Salon Software Videos

Learning about Phorest Salon Software?

* We monitor all Phorest Salon Software reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.