PhotoPlus

The all-in-one photo editing software

Work for PhotoPlus?

Learning about PhotoPlus?

PhotoPlus Reviews

Showing 11 PhotoPlus reviews
PhotoPlus review by Edo M.
Edo M.

"Perfect photo and image editor for medium level user"

What do you like best?

This software have more then enough options regarding editing and not so much that is to difficult to understand and master it. Perfect balance for medium level user. Layer mastering is done well and in general user interface is simple enough. It can be used on older machines without problems.

What do you dislike?

Customization and preferences are bad side of this software, nearly non existent. Except few things, nothing can be redesigned or customized. Also, it happens from time to time to crash without visible reason.

Proprietary file format is also a potential problem so everything have to be exported.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This software is easy to understand and master. It's not heavy on resources are it's used on 10+ years old PC (with 2 Gb of RAM and WIN 10). Simple but not too simple, powerful but not so difficult. Can satisfy at least 90 % of all needs in any company.

This software solution is perfect for photo and image editing on simple and medium level in business use.

User can master it in relatively short period of time.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about PhotoPlus
PhotoPlus review by Mirla G.
Mirla G.

"Acceptable image retouching"

What do you like best?

What i like about the program is that it can eliminate the imperfections of my photos, add very artistic effects, adjust colors so that it appears that the work was done by a professional. I find it very easy to use PhotoPlus plus the price is very cheap, I did not have to spend so much money to acquire I'm fascinated.

What do you dislike?

I believe that should improve the collection of effects and filters for pictures, they are not bad but there are many who do not like. By adding more effects and filters PhotoPlus will be much better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For users who have never used a program to edit photos on Windows, PhotoPlus is the best choice because besides being one of the cheapest on the market can make big issues to photographs professionally.

I am currently initiating me into the world of photography and this tool is helping me to give that touch of professionalism and quality that my photographs needed because today's professional photographers much help with this type of software to improve their work done.

What Photo Editing solution do you use?

PhotoPlus review by User

"Easy to Use, Serif PhotoPlus is a Cheap Alternative That Still Does the Job"

What do you like best?

I like it's easy image resizing tool, which can produce copies of images at a certain file size (handy for web design and social media usage).

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, when 'passing an image' from a folder (e.g. right-clicking on an image and choosing 'Open in PhotoPlus), an error occurs in Windows 10 which didn't occur in early WIndows versions. This is intermittent, yet annoying (I have to open PhotoPlus first, then open the image from within the programme).

Recommendations to others considering the product

I wish that PhotoPlus was still in active development, as it is a capable product and fits well with Serif's other 'legacy' range. Still a very useful software package in my opinion.

It helps me to format images for business use, and has been very useful in producing decent images for printed promotional material.

PhotoPlus review by User in Building Materials
User in Building Materials

"Solid Photo Editing Software"

What do you like best?

Well, it is cheaper than Photoshop, but it still has a lot of great features that mirror Photoshop. It is easy to use software than has a wide selection of photo editing tools. It also skews towards beginners and has okay tutorials. It offers standard editing tools. Also, while this software may be basic, it supports a large selection of image files. The organizer is also user friendly. It helps you upload, categorize and find your photos.

What do you dislike?

The whole thing just looks kind of dated and advanced when compared to Photoshop. With all editing software, there are a lot of editing tools and there is a steep learning curve. It just takes a while to learn to use the software fully.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is good, but it just feels like a cheap copy of Photoshop. I would spend the extra money to get Photoshop.

We do a lot of in-house marketing and design. For our advertisements, we shoot a lot of video and photography ourselves. Since our marketing department is on a strict budget, when bought this software because it was cheaper. PhotoPlus is good for the money and for our needs, but I feel an advanced user may be frustrated by the skinny offering this software has.

PhotoPlus review by User in Performing Arts
User in Performing Arts

"I don’t have it but can’t wait to get it!"

What do you like best?

I had a chance to experience this program using the one that a co-worker had. I am an artist and I take a lot of photograps. I was looking for a program easy to use and capable to do what I was looking for, and I found it.

It has the practicability required for beginners and the tools experienced photo editors want.

What do you dislike?

It has many editing tools which makes it harder to learn fast all the capability of the software...but I’m not sure it is a bad thing.

I was using the standard photo tools on my mac and that was very frustrating because it is very very very basic.

Practicing with this program I finally learnd that I can do what I was always looking for.

I am an artist and I take tons of research pictures. From thos pictures then I come up with my art. So the photo process is very important

PhotoPlus review by User in Primary/Secondary Education
User in Primary/Secondary Education

"Simple Photo Editing"

What do you like best?

Very basic photo editing software with this starter version - more features available with paid versions. This starter version still allows quick edits of cropping, color enrichment, toning, lightening and red eye reduction. Great software for non professionals who simply want to alter their photos without too much involvement.

What do you dislike?

It would be great to have the "how-to's" included in the beginner's edition, rather than having to invest in the paid versions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You might do well to invest in the paid versions if you are searching for an editing software with more tools than a basic starter level.

I am still able to create sophisticated flyers at the workplace without having to send my photos to a print shop. I can customize by importing the photos that I've edited, thereby saving time and money, which in a school environment is especially desirable. I can also edit out certain parts of photos for posting to the class website.

PhotoPlus review by User in Internet

"Easy to use photo editing software"

What do you like best?

It's a very easy to use software that has most of the photo editing capabilities that you'd want or need to have. If you are a novice or hobbyist, you may be okay to start by seeing if you like the starter version.

What do you dislike?

I still prefer some of the more widely used software programs (i.e. the Adobe suite). This is great for more simple tasks, but there are also web-based alternatives that offer many of the same functions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you don't want to actually download a program for editing photos, you can also find some web-based programs. If you want a more robust alternative, I'm told that PhotoPlus X8 is terrific.

I have used this to make basic edits to pictures that I needed to edit for slideshows or presentations. Now that many of the editing programs that we use are cloud-based, it is great to have this program when we can't access the Internet.

PhotoPlus review by Sebrina P.
Sebrina P.

"Great Photoshop Alternative"

What do you like best?

I was looking for a photo editing software to install on my husband's laptop that wouldn't break the bank but had a lot if the features of Photoshop which is what in used to working with. When I discovered PhotoPlus, I was so impressed with everything it does and couldn't believe more people aren't familiar with it. I especially like that I could save files as PSD so that I could later edit them in Photoshop.

What do you dislike?

The interface took a little getting used to but once I figured out where all the tools were, I really don't have any complaints about the functions of PhotoPlus. It fills my needs perfectly.

I'm solving the problem of needing a quality photo editor on multiple computers while not having the capital to purchase Photoshop for each.

PhotoPlus review by User in Law Practice
User in Law Practice

"Great photo editor"

What do you like best?

Able to take raw files straight from dslr. Also the editing features it has and simplex of use.

What do you dislike?

Looks promising so far. Hardstoft find any negatives.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a easy to use, and a powerful photo editing software.

As part of our new website I have been asked to edit raw photos.

PhotoPlus review by User

"Easy to navigate "

What do you like best?

I enjoy the ease of editing photos with this program.

What do you dislike?

It can be a little clunky at times when working with more than one image.

PhotoPlus provides a smoother experience than Photoshop at times.

PhotoPlus review by Consultant

"Limited options make it easy to use"

What do you like best?

Simplicity of interface is great, and make it a quick way to deliver graphic assets.

What do you dislike?

Limited options make it hard to visualize more complexity.

Quick and easy to learn especially for non design team

Learning about PhotoPlus?

* We monitor all PhotoPlus reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.