Photos

All your photos. Always with you and picture perfect.

Work for Photos?

Learning about Photos?

Photos Reviews

Showing 111 Photos reviews
Photos review by <span>Amy A.</span>
Amy A.

"Photos"

What do you like best?

I can't say enough good things about the Photos app! The storage capacity highly exceeds any expectations I had regarding photo storage devices. The sync to Apple iPhones is a huge plus. It takes photo organization to a whole new level! Greatest part is that Photos automatically sorts photo files by date (or whatever you choose). Export and import are both extremely easy (manually or drag and drop). Photos comes with its own photo editor, too, which also exceeds expectations! You can 'favorite' photos which saves them in their own easy to access album, and you can create your own albums and sub albums outside of the automatic ones.

What do you dislike?

I find it more difficult than it should be to open photos from the Photos app in other apps (eg Adobe apps). It ends up being a 5 step process instead of just dragging and dropping.

This is the first step in my photo editing process. From session to laptop, my raw files go straight to the Photos app where it is very easy to create an individualized album for each session and do minor adjustments such as curves, black point, black and white, etc. This is an imperative step in my business!

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Photos
Photos review by <span>Andrew G.</span>
Andrew G.

"Life is so much easier with Photos"

What do you like best?

Google Photos is my first stop for all photo reviews and editing. I take photos with my mobile phone, and a few seconds later they are available for review and edit on my desktop or tablet with the Goole Photos add-on included. It's like having a 'lite' version of Photoshop, I get a lot of built in effects and editing features and I can save, send, post or edit photos on my phone. I basically use Photos exclusively now that it has been integrated to Google Drive.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike about Photos is that it wasn't available in its current form a few years ago. I can remember how hard it was to locate photos or transfer them from my phone to my computer in the past, sometimes I would email them to myself. Now that all happens behind the scenes and my photos are stored in my Drive folder. So that's not really a criticism I guess, huh.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start using it today -- you will be glad you did!

I do a lot of field photo work for the travel writing I do in Southern California. Photos helps me organize images by date, save them to grouped folders, and share them with creative partners almost instantly.

What Photo Editing solution do you use?

Photos review by <span>Tim T.</span>
Tim T.

"The best photos app out there"

What do you like best?

It's really hard to list all the things I like best about Google Photos because there is just so much. The number one best feature is the automatic backup and sync to your Google account. I can view all my photos and videos at photos.google.com. Once everything is backed up (done automatically over wifi), I can delete the media from my phone to free up space, but everything is still accessible/viewable in the app. I'm on an educational account so I have free unlimited storage. Same if you have a Google Pixel phone. Everyone else can get free, unlimited storage by downsizing their photos to HD quality instead of the original resolution their camera uses. Good enough for casual users, but I prefer original.

The user interface and interactions are all well done and easy to use. Basic editing tools within the app are good enough for me to use without having to use Snapseed or something else.

I can tag faces in my photos and then search for people, locations, times, or objects to find whatever I want. I don't use this very often, but I love that it's there.

One of my favorite features is the assistant that makes automatic animations, stylized photos, and movies for me. It's unexpected and a lovely surprise that usually turns out well. It's cool because it does something with my photos that I would like, but probably wouldn't do on my own time. Most of the stylized photos don't look super great, but some are real keepers. I usually don't keep the automatic collages it makes.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that there's no way to organize photos into folders, and moving them into albums keeps them in my main photo feed. Otherwise I would upload photos from my DSLR and create unified albums with a combination of camera/phone photos.

It's great for tagging images that I might need to find later for clients or stock images. It's also great to create shared albums that multiple people can contribute to.

Photos review by <span>Jessie P.</span>
Jessie P.

"Best photo storage ever"

What do you like best?

Google Photos is the best storage platform because it's FREE, unlimited image storage. I love that it can be access anywhere since it's through your Google account, and the editing feature is awesome. As a professional and personal user, I can edit and download the photos I want to use when I work from a desktop, and edit and share right from the app on Mobile. It saves me time and effort when using photos or videos. I love that you can search by date, names, subjects, or anything - it's amazing!

What do you dislike?

It seems to only back up over wifi, which can be frustrating when I'm away from wifi and using 4G data. Honestly that is my only critique!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Absolutely necessary for small businesses/nonprofit who don't have the budget for other platforms. Photos does everything you could need it to and then some!

As a nonprofit with limited budget, Photos allows us to do so much at no cost, allowing us to put our funds towards other priorities. The cloud storage frees up our server to store other important documents and files and helps keep non-image files separate. This has been a fundamental game changer for our organization in terms of time saving, storage space, and editing capability.

Photos review by <span>Arzu B.</span>
Arzu B.

"Simple photo library"

What do you like best?

Photos is a great app! I love how I can keep all my photos in one place and retrieve them in a heartbeat. The editing options are more than sufficient for an amateur photographer. Removing unwanted shadows, cropping out nonsense, and even having some filters to play around with are helpful. I love the retouching tool for everything from a facial blemish to an unsightly stain on a carpet.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much to dislike at all. It's what you would expect and more. I do wish it was possible to create larger books with the book create option.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want an easy, streamlined photo library app, this is the one to use. You'll have all the tools you need right at your fingertips. It's NOT a professional photographer's program, but it'll make you feel like one!

When I need a quick edit for an event photo, Photos is such a fast option. It's also nice to enhance and crop the photos we DO get so it's more appropriate to post on social media, etc. And in line with the photo book creator, it provides to be a more streamlined process than the online photo websites. It's much easier to manipulate.

Photos review by <span>Caitlyn W.</span>
Caitlyn W.

"Great for storage and sharing, so-so in other areas"

What do you like best?

I love it for storing and sharing my photos and I love that I'm able to access the same photos between my phone and my mac. That makes it really helpful for posts to my business's social media accounts (particularly Instagram)

What do you dislike?

The editing features aren't anything to write home about. I'd prefer to edit a photo in Instagram to bump up the appearance. I definitely don't use it for my professional work. I also don't like that, when using my Mac, I cannot right-click photos to export them. That's such a natural tendency when trying to save an image and it's more of an annoyance that Photos doesn't have 'export' in the drop-down menu upon right-clicking.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend this to anyone who needs to manage their photos quickly and easily and allow access between several devices. As far as editing, though, it's all pretty bare bones and too easy to click the default settings and make photos look lower quality.

I'm getting photos between multiple platforms quickly. I can grab a photo in Photos to edit or save to my desktop or I can airdrop one really quickly to get it elsewhere. Being a photographer means I utilize several different devices for my photos multiple times a day. Photos helps make that process quick and seamless.

Photos review by <span>Benjamin V.</span>
Benjamin V.

"Simple to use, not very feature rich."

What do you like best?

Photos has gotten really good at organizing images by place or even identifying faces. It's fun and easy to see where you've taken your photos. There is a decently slick interface, and in classic Apple fashion, the UI is sharp and crisp. Controls are relatively easy to understand.

What do you dislike?

Apple has a habit of dumbing down their products, giving the illusion of simplicity, when you often need more customization than they're giving you. Sometimes the app will hang when I'm editing a large file.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a feature rich solution, then Lightroom by Adobe is the easiest choice. But if you're not a pro editor, it can be intimidating, making Photos an easy and simple choice.

Simple importing of event photos, organizing work-related images is easy. Decent image editor for on the fly edits. If there are times when quick organization of event photos are needed, the Photos app works great. It's less helpful if you're seeking edited images.

Photos review by <span>★ Salvador C.</span>
★ Salvador C.

"Photos is my ideal application to see my photos in my imac "

What do you like best?

The best of Photos is its ease of use, its fast synchronization with other devices associated with Photos through the Apple ecosystem and the easy visualization of all the photos you have on all devices that use the program associated with your Apple account.

What do you dislike?

Perhaps the worst thing is that it is still a fairly closed program to other operating systems outside of Apple ... and that we would like to unify photographs of several different operating systems without having to download the photos.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have Apple devices and want to unify all your photos in a simple but effective program, Photos is the ideal program where you will find all your photos synchronized and hosted thanks to the icloud cloud.

The ease of use to view photos between various devices within the same Apple environment whenever you use Photos with your associated account .

The benefits are the ease of use and the agility to have all the pictures in the ios operating system together.

Photos review by <span>Asif K.</span>
Asif K.

"iPhone Photos"

What do you like best?

The Default Photo App for iPhone. It was one of the reasons why I chose to work with Apple as an Apple Master. Customers enjoyed the app and it's new features to upload photos to the Cloud and improvements in different generations of iPhone.

What do you dislike?

The App's sharing capacity is limited in PCs when compared to Macs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Learn from an Apple Store or Best Buy which hires Apple Masters full use of the App. Otherwise use YouTube to learn how to use the app with other Apps available on the iPhone. PC Integration is useful and worth downloading iCloud for Windows.

Default Phone App for Pictures. Keeps Albums available for iOS default Apps like Mail, Pages, Numbers, Keynote, and Notes.

Photos review by Internal Consultant
Internal Consultant

"A Great Photo Solution for Everyone"

What do you like best?

I like Photos because it's a simple program that's been my default for years. It is easy to start up. Easy to use. Easy to create albums. Facial recognition. Use of tags and simple editing tools.

What do you dislike?

It is not a robust program in my opinion. It's just meant for the novice user or someone that is looking for quick photo storage. I would not use that as a photo editing tool for high quality commercial images. This is meant more for personal stuff or images that don't need much altering to begin with.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Always remember to use tags and stay organized. make albums from the start otherwise just dumping images in there will be like searching for a needle in a haystack.

I still use Photos to import my images off my camera. Then I export to photoshop for manipulation. Biggest benefit here is it keeps me moving quickly.

Photos review by <span>Jessie M.</span>
Jessie M.

"Super basic and easy"

What do you like best?

Photos has come a long way! I love that you can now edit your pictures!

What do you dislike?

I would love to see even more editing features available in the future. Also, sometimes I can't access my photos or download them from the cloud. There's a circle with an asterisk inside it. I have to screenshot the picture and that's frustrating.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When my photos don't download I just screenshot them and that works.

When I need to do a quick fix on a photo (like cropping or getting rid of red eyes) I turn to photos to get it done super fast.

Photos review by User in Consumer Goods
User in Consumer Goods

"Excellent for photo organization and plays well with other Mac apps!"

What do you like best?

The organization is intuitive and I save my uploads into folders organized but event or date. It recognizes people making searching easy. When creating videos in iMovie, all images and movie clips stored in my photos folder is accessible to be used for the movie without leaving the program. There is basic editing which takes care of most of the kinds of thing people need to do. It's part of iCloud so pics I take on my phone are accessible on my desktop instantly, or can be shared easily with Airdrop. There are other organization and searching features available, but I don't take advantage of them, honestly. I also like that you can hover a jpeg over the app icon on the doc, and the image drops into it without opening the software program itself which saves time. Photos stored in albums are not copied; instead the image is stored in one location with pointers from the folders which means storage space on your hard drive is saved by the elimination of saving multiple copies.

What do you dislike?

It's not as easily compatible with Adobe Photoshop Elements as the Adobe Organizer, but the superior sharing ability with my other Apple apps and hardware makes it my choice of photo organizer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it if you have a MAC or iPhone!

I use it mainly as a photo organizer rather than an editor and the easy, intuitive folders/album feature makes finding and storing my images (whether actual photos or marketing materials created in Photoshop Elements and save as a jpeg) a cinch. Hovering a jpeg over the app icon on the doc to drop it into "Photos" without opening the software program does not allow me to select a folder/album for storage.

Photos review by User in Real Estate
User in Real Estate

"Photos Used Several Applications of my business"

What do you like best?

What I like about photos is that it's the only thing on my IPhone, so I use it all of the time. One of the main specifics that I like is that it makes awesome videos from photos that you've selected and you can easily add music to make it personal. My teams collaborates through Slack and I upload pictures from Photos all of the time - super easy for the entire team.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike. Although, I wish that I could make comments directly on there or draw on it directly through the app. I have other apps to do that, which isn't hard - sometimes it would be nice to draw a circle about the focus of the picture that I'm sending to someone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We love it - it's easy to use and makes our collaboration for our entire team. A pictures says a thousand words - that's the saying, right.

Collaboration with my team. We share photos all of the time as we are located in different cities. We are consistently sending pictures to each other.

Photos review by User in E-Learning
User in E-Learning

"VIPKID Teacher using Photos"

What do you like best?

I love Photos because I can use it on my Mac and iPhone for many things with my job at VIPKID. Being an online teacher, you need pictures of everything as evidence so you aren't held accountable for issues with the server or with an IT issue that is on the student's side. I also use this program to keep all of my photos and ideas for referrals that I communicate with about getting a job here too.

What do you dislike?

I do not dislike anything about Photos. It is wonderful!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use photos to keep your pictures/screenshots organized for your job!

I love that I can use the screenshots and post them in photos as evidence so I'm not held accountable for issues with the server or with an IT issue that is on the student's side. I also use this program to keep all of my photos and ideas for referrals that I communicate with about getting a job here too. When I go to share about this company with others, I use my file in my phone or Macbook to share with them. I love that when I add photos to my phone album, it automatically updates to the Macbook app.

Photos review by <span>Joel V.</span>
Joel V.

"It comes with your Mac... so why not?"

What do you like best?

It's built within your OS so why not! It's technically free. THat's honestly the best part. The feature I like best is the automatic syncing within the cloud across all of my devices. If you are exclusively using Apple products then this is for you. If not well... sorry.

What do you dislike?

Much of the time I fee like the software isn't very fluid and by that I mean it doesn't always consistently sync across the board with all of my devices so there are pretty consistent errors that happen within the file scheming that Apple has set up a lot of the time. They are so random I don't even really know how to explain it. It's annoying for sure. That and the fact that sometimes something I create on one device doesn't always show up on another. There's a lot to that under the hood I'm sure but it happens.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's on your phone... it's on your mac... Use it I guess... or don't?

I keep my photos organized and ready to be edited within it. It's generally pretty easy to find what you need and can save multiple copies of your pictures be it originals or different edits.

Photos review by <span>Miriam S.</span>
Miriam S.

"Complete and very intuitive"

What do you like best?

Personally I would like to highlight the simplicity of the interface since it makes the user experience really intuitive and practical. It is also a complete application in terms of options.

What do you dislike?

From my experience with the application I have not had any complaints or problems with it, on the contrary. I think they are the best and most complete in their category.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I will recomended definetely because It allows me to carry out a lot of management, modifications and changes very intuitively and in a very short time, which is why I find it very practical and useful

It allows me to carry out a lot of management, modifications and changes very intuitively and in a very short time, which is why I find it very practical and useful.

Photos review by User in Medical Devices
User in Medical Devices

"Effective iPhone editing Program"

What do you like best?

The ability to organize your photos by album and the editing features available. Specifically, Photos includes a variety of light and color options that are quick and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

I do wish that there were more filters available. Also, I'm not sure if there is a way to convert the photos to smaller sized files for storage purposes. I have an older phone (iPhone 5) whose storage gets filled quickly due to the size of pictures. I can only keep about 2 dozen before needing to delete or move. This may be an iPhone issue rather than a Photos issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy-to-use Program that allows you to store and edit photos. It has nine filters as well as an auto-fix application and light/color adjustment options. The editing features are adequate but not exceptional. Photo allows you to organize your pictures into albums and to easily send them elsewhere.

Oftentimes I work remotely. I've had to take photos and videos of the mechanical faults in order to ask advice from afar. Some issues have needed a macro-like setting which Photos was able to store effectively,

The photos and videos have been useful in diagnosing issues, especially because of their size and quality.

User in Entertainment

"Easy to use, Easy to organize, Easy to find specific images!"

What do you like best?

I like that I can easily create albums but still keep images in the camera roll as a sort of master file. I also like that I can go through photos based on the dates which helps when I am searching for a specific photo from a certain date in the past. It makes it easier to locate when I have thousands of photos to scroll through. I also like that I can look back on older photos and I no longer have to think to myself "hmm where was this taken?" because it shows where.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that I have to delete things twice to get rid of them because they stay in the recently deleted folder.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely use for organization! SO EASY SO WORTH IT

It is easy to share folders and albums without having to constantly email everything. It is also just solving organizational problems. That is probably the number one benefit honestly.

"Works great!!!"

What do you like best?

Drag and drop, batch renaming, recognizes my people visually and sorts accordingly. Allows minor retouching. Let's me share privately or with many. Allows syncing with icloud and from my ipad.

What do you dislike?

Doesn't work on my inexpensive Windows phone. (I'm a mac person but even after all these years I cannot bear the thought of spending $800 on a phone when I'll need an upgrade in two years.)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider it secondary to Lightroom... something you can use for quick organizing and simple adjustments.

Photos has helped me organize and share photos taken for my neighborhood non-profit work. As mentioned above, the software has helped me identify and sort all my photos. I can see / show them from icloud online, from my ipad, on my computer and on my apple tv, all because of Photos (and before that, iphoto.)

"Great for Quick Edits"

What do you like best?

The photo editing tools are really powerful for something that's quick and built in to Macs. It's especially helpful to do some serious edits like adjusting the levels within the app instead of needing to export it to Photoshop.

What do you dislike?

I wish it were easier to organize photos into albums. I feel like I need to press a lot of buttons just to rearrange my pictures. And I really wish it were easier to find my photos within Finder. It can be a pain trying to move something from Photos to another application.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Simple and convenient to use as a native app built into Apple products

I collect a lot of photographic research from my iPhone, so a lot of times I need to organize my findings in Photos.

Photos review by User in Higher Education

"Photos User"

What do you like best?

It comes with Mac OS, no need to download and install another app. Automatically detects your SD card and opens the app. You can choose what photos to imports or to only import new ones on the same memory card. Comes with photo editing options which are easy to use and a quick brush up for your photos. Since everything is local, exporting is fast.

It is also the default photo app for iPhones, so you get use to it pretty quick. I like how it automatically detects your location and tell you where your took the photo. Helps in situations like you forgot where that restaurant you took the photo from is, etc.

What do you dislike?

This application has been updated multiple times through the years and some backups from previous versions are NOT compatible with the newest version. It also takes a long time to load backup files and switch between different System Photo Libraries. Mine is also unable to detect an ejected memory card, so it still shows a memory card is ready for import even though I have ejected it from my laptop.

It takes a long time to scroll through All Photos in your iPhone to find an old photo, unless you are very diligent at creating albums.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it if you use iPhone or Mac. Saves time and money.

Importing and editing large batch business event photos. Quick editing and retains image quality. Export is fast.

Photos review by <span>Erin C.</span>
Erin C.

"Better than iPhoto, not as good as the iOS version..."

What do you like best?

I like the speed of importing photos, especially from an iphone. I also like the automatic and fairly accurate date/year organizational methods.

What do you dislike?

I find the Mac app far less straightforward and effective than its little sister, the iOS version. I wish it had as many organizational options as the iOS version - I actually wouldn't mind an exact mimic of the iphone app at all.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Can't live with it, can't live without it...

It's useful to have images and files that I need from work across all platforms.

Photos review by <span>Hans K.</span>
Hans K.

"Photos for Mac"

What do you like best?

This program is an easy to use way to collect and sort your photographs on your Mac. It has some basic editing software attached t this program.

What do you dislike?

The program, who coupled with igloos and an iPhone makes it difficult to permanently delete images to save space on a HD.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a fairly easy to use database for storing and sorting photographs.

I find Photos to be a good place to store images that I doin't need to adjust in Lightroom or Photoshop.

Photos review by User in Photography
User in Photography

"Not as reliable as other options"

What do you like best?

The integration with Apple products is great, and there are some helpful options for organizing and managing my library.

What do you dislike?

Other services are better for working with devices that aren't all linked on the same account. Also, when I'm working with other software for photo editing, it's easier to store my photos elsewhere and then import them directly. Photos does not work well for photo editing, even basic adjustments.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider using another method of managing your photo library if you'll be editing and storing a large gallery of photos.

Photos lets me store all of my images in one place conveniently. It is better for personal use than business use, though.

Photos review by <span>Lauren M.</span>
Lauren M.

"Photos "

What do you like best?

I love the photos app. Especially when used with the cloud system. It is easy to search and find pictures. I love the editing features that Photos has as well.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really. I think the updates to photos is great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great way to manage your photos.

I use a Mac for all of my graphic design so having an app that communicates well with the other systems in my computer is wonderful.

Photos review by User

"Apple Photos works for the job"

What do you like best?

Easy to navigate interface and ability to download photos and delete from devices. I love that it shows photos in a timeline of when the photo was taken and also according to the upload date.

What do you dislike?

Needs a better way to sort and organize photos. I also would love it if there was a feature to search by photo or label the photos better when uploading. I can never seem to find old photos that I am looking for and this would help a ton.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you still back up your photos on a hard drive or other device to make sure that you don't lose any photos. Take some time to dig into the tools and features the application has to offer.

Accessing photos easily and quickly. I can plug in my device and instantly see the photos on it, edit them, download them, and even delete what I want off of the device.

Photos review by <span>Danae C.</span>
Danae C.

"Pleased"

What do you like best?

I personally like most every feature of photos. It keeps things very organized by time, location, events, etc.

The photo editing that it allows too are great! I would highly recommend!

What do you dislike?

I do not dislike many of the features at all.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Once you try it you'll stick with it. Good use and very easy.

Using a new phone with a great camera, I am able to take a photo, edit, and post from photos to our online facebook and social media.

Photos review by <span>Jessica M.</span>
Jessica M.

"Editing tools"

What do you like best?

I use to like to use photos to edit pictures that we may use for social media marketing. I recently got a new phone & have debated whether I should download it again because I liked it so much.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that it can be time consuming to get the exact effect I am wanting for each individual picture. Maybe if you could do several pictures at once if you know that they need to have the same effects.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take your time and learn to use it, play with the features and see what's available. This will save you time later

We make photos beautiful to share on social media

Photos review by User

"Love that this connects to the cloud"

What do you like best?

I love that I don't have to worry about losing my photos. I always know I am going to have enough room for my photos with the cloud. I also love that I I can access my photos any time I have internet.

What do you dislike?

I think the editor is fine, but doesn't have as many options as most editors. I like to use this program to store and to do small edits, but no major editing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great way to store photos, but not the greatest for editing. Invest in a high quality photo editor and photos won't disappoint.

I am able to access photos for design purposes any time I need and from any computer I need. I can easily share photos to clients when I need to. I am able to download photos that clients send me in to photos without fear that I will lose them or run out of space.

Photos review by <span>Monique G.</span>
Monique G.

"Nice Aesthetic, not a lot of useful functionality "

What do you like best?

I enjoy the iCloud functionality where my photos automatically upload to my computer's Photos. It looks very nice aesthetically and the People/Places organization is neat too.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how you can't have folders within folders. It makes organizing a lot more difficult than it needs to be.

Being able to share albums privately so we can upload them from separate devices. No matte where we are we can see, share, and edit our shared photos.

Photos review by <span>Marissa P.</span>
Marissa P.

"Photos is easy to use in a time crunch"

What do you like best?

If I can’t get on my pc to edit I know I can depend on photos. I use all of the image adjustment options from color to contrast to tone, lighting, etc. it gives a more professional look.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the download time from iCloud to edit isn’t that fast.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just play around with the editing software and use all of its options

It makes my images look more professional and ready for clients to view

Photos review by User in Design
User in Design

"Great program for viewing and organizing photos"

What do you like best?

I like that there are many ways to access photos through sorting. Everything is automatically put into many groups, including: Time and date, location, group of photos it was uploaded with, and it even does face recognition so you can sort by person. I like that I can also create my own custom sort options as well.

What do you dislike?

As much as I like the automatic sorting options...I have also found it can cause some confusion. It can make it difficult to find something that you specifically created. I have also found that with tons of photos stored, the entire program can sometimes run slow, and glitch and crash. This is frustrating if you have searched for a specific photo and then it crashes and you have to go back and look for that photo again.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out first, I think they might offer a free trial. And also, GET ORGANIZED from the start. If you get behind or get messy on the organization it can cause alot of problems. So keeping up with a good file naming convention and categorizing photos and creating folders is extremely helpful for staying organized and being able to find specific photos quickly.

It is great for the whole search feature. I can search by a person or location so I can narrow down what I am looking for. Especially it is nice if you are unfamiliar with when the photo was taken, but you might know where it was taken.

Photos review by <span>Kristin S.</span>
Kristin S.

"Photo Storing and Organizing"

What do you like best?

I like that I can split my photos into different albums and specify by date and title. Photos are easy to upload from my iPhone and it is easily integrated into my computer's system.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that it is hard to find the photos in Finder sometimes. Sometimes if I use Photos' in-app photo editing, when I try to upload the edited photo to an online service (ie Facebook), it uploads the original file and not the edited version. The edited version only lives in the Photos platform and not in the saved files.

I can upload photos from our conferences and events that I and my colleagues have taken on our mobile devices. I can also quickly edit photos without having to use PhotoShop thus speeding up the process for simple things like redeye, lighting, and sharpness.

Photos review by User in Medical Devices
User in Medical Devices

"Great photo sharing tool"

What do you like best?

Photos (which I have used on android) is great for sharing pictures both privately and within your company. You can share links to certain albums that you customize to those who also don't have the program.

What do you dislike?

Organization of pictures is sometimes difficult to work through. If I download pictures from an old device it seems to be mixed up and date stamps are not read on old pictures. This can make photo finding difficult.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think if you have an android Photos is a good tool when taking pictures with your personal phone and needing to manage your load.

Sometimes when I go to sites or run experiments I need to take pictures of what I see/find/setup. Photos is good for sharing these pictures when i use my phone and personal photos are also mixed in. I can create my own albums to easily share with my team.

Photos review by <span>Hillary A.</span>
Hillary A.

"Photos has pretty much everything you need"

What do you like best?

I like that you can crop, filter, and adjust almost anything within the photos app and get right back to the camera quickly. It’s also easy to send and share through email, msg, and nearly any app collaboration.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the amount of filters included in Photos.

I used Photos fairly often to get quick messages across between coworkers and especially to help capture notes through to other app collaborations.

Photos review by User

"Great easy to use photo editor, organizer"

What do you like best?

Simple interface/ editing tools. Definitely a must have while working with images on the go. Has face recognizing technology which is useful when working with stock photos. All the basic of editing are there, much faster than photo shop when you want something simple.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally ‘loses’ a photo, and it’s crashed a time or two, but that’s to be expected.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It’s a great way to store and organize your images, are well as being a powerful editing tool.

I can edit images quickly and I couldn’t do my job without it.

Photos review by <span>Courtney C.</span>
Courtney C.

"Simple yet everything you need"

What do you like best?

I love that it is simple to use yet it has everything I need for simple photo storage and editing.

What do you dislike?

I don’t like that you can’t delete certain folders that it puts your pictures into. I don’t want some of them.

I can make pictures more professional. I am an interior designer and I need my pictures to look like I know what I’m doing.

User in Graphic Design

"Adequate software for archiving images"

What do you like best?

It's an easy way to download and backup images from devices and cameras.

What do you dislike?

Some of the 'simple' features seem counterintuitive. It's just one of those software packages that over the years seems to have gotten bloated. I prefer iPhoto from a few years back.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you use iCloud for photo storage or streaming, I believe Photos is a requirement. If you're not a photographer, Photos is easy for downloading and maintaining an image library. Beyond, that I believe there are numerous other software packages worth considering.

I use it to download reference images and then organize them further in Adobe Bridge.

Photos review by <span>Avisha J.</span>
Avisha J.

"Something easy and swift "

What do you like best?

It is a default software that comes with the MacBook and once I started using it I find it difficult to use any other photo management/editing tool

What do you dislike?

It is very basic, for editing I can do some changes/cropping but can't do heavy edits

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its simple, basic and easy for anyone using Macintosh to understand

I have a graphic design business and I store/edit my graphics and images here. I use it when I have to make basic changes to images like brightness, contrast or cropping

"PHOTOS Review"

What do you like best?

I like the features in photos where it separates them by geography and events. Its fun to be able to see the map and the pictures of where you have been and access your photos in that way. I also make a great use of the filters.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the way Photos works with my Icloud. the loading time can very often be slow and I always need an internet connection to access them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend photos as a solution to photo editing and organizing. It also works really well to create albums and printable calendars and goods, of good quality. It works well with sync on your phone and it updates automatically when you are on the same wifi.

I keep all of my artwork in a special folder easy to access with my photos application.

Photos review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Photos - Apple's Picture Storage and Editing App"

What do you like best?

I like its clean interface, non-destructive edits, and filter options.

What do you dislike?

The old version of Photos, called iPhoto, used to store your images in separate folders called "Events". However, Photos does not have this feature and it merely stores all your images in one folder (under the "Photos" tab).

Recommendations to others considering the product

On a Mac, you don't really have another easy choice for photo management so you most likely will use Photos. It's not a bad application, I just think they need a better organization system.

I work with many images daily, so I use Photos to store and manage these assets.

Photos review by User in Higher Education

"Nosy Google (Android OS) imposed add on "

What do you like best?

Photos automatically backs up my image data as I switch phones, this means that even if I lose or break a phone, my old images are available online on my google account and the data is regularly backed up.

What do you dislike?

The regular back-ups eat into my monthly data allowance and increase my phone bill. The photos app also does not offer much versatility with photo editing. Filters are too much like instagram and features geared towards social media shots.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good app for editing images on the fly, especially for social media applications such as instagram, Facebook, Google plus. Back-up tool is powerful and makes the photo editor easy to use across different platforms.

The auto backup feature is a great benefit. Also enjoy the accessibility from my google account across various devices.

Photos review by <span>Sarah d.</span>
Sarah d.

"Photos Review"

What do you like best?

Easy to import photos, easy to delete photos

What do you dislike?

The UI takes a bit to get used to, especially with the functions of how photos are initially sorted

Recommendations to others considering the product

Photos is easy to use - I typically don't use the basic editing features, but I've heard they are handy for time-being edits.

Apparel design and functions, importing photos from market observations

Photos review by User in Research
User in Research

"Intuitive stock photo editor"

What do you like best?

I like that it comes with the iOS/ Mac. It has become better with updates. Quick and intuitive.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't have advanced control functions like Aviary. It is a good base editor on the phone but there are other *free* apps you can do more with.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for iPhone users but if you want to use it for editing, there are better softwares/ apps out there.

It's great for Instagram publicity since it is so quick. I can mark my favourites and quickly access it on Instagram instead of going back and finding an old photo.

Photos review by <span>Mirian  Celeste S.</span>
Mirian Celeste S.

"Photos, the best tool to organize your photos"

What do you like best?

The workspace where you can arrange all the elements in an orderly manner. You can also make a basic edition of the photographs, such as color editing, lighting, among others.

What do you dislike?

It does not have a great variety of tools

Recommendations to others considering the product

If I recommend it for people who do not work in the area of ​​photography. The program will allow you to organize your photos in a comfortable way and you can make a basic edition of your photos.

None as I simply use it to organize my photographs and make basic color editions.

Photos review by User in Staffing and Recruiting
User in Staffing and Recruiting

"Photos is perfect for viewing and organizing your pictures. "

What do you like best?

I like that it keeps everything organized, you can create albums, and search, and filter. It is easy to see your photos and go back to certain dates. You can also search places and people and things. It is very user friendly and a good photo saving spot. Very compatible with all mac products, easy to view and use photos on multiple devices.

What do you dislike?

I wish that photos had more editing options. They do have basic options to edit photos, but this will most likely not be your main tool to edit and enhance photos.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good photo management tool. Keeps everything organized and easy to use. I recommend using this in addition with a photo editing tool and it will cover almost all photo needs.

Organize photos for all marketing and pr related items.

Photos review by User in Cosmetics
User in Cosmetics

"Photo Editing is a must!"

What do you like best?

I like that all the photos I take stay in my phone and I do not have to carry a professional camera around. The Photos has some basic filters that come in handy when posting my work online. The less editing the better, I do not like super altered photos.

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike anything really, I just wish I had more space for store.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's better than android storage

I can easily just check back on phone to show potential clients my work instead of them going to my website. It's quicker that way.

Photos review by User in Internet

"Photos was there when I got my Macbook, so I use it."

What do you like best?

I use Photos for making sense and building a photo library out of my pictures. I would've used Photoshop for basic editing features but Photos stores all of the pics together as a library, so it's easier to come back to it later.

Photoshop is also a tool that I use for work, others do not and won't be paying to use it vs. Photos.

I think the editing tools are good enough and I rarely needed anything else. I like the shared albums feature when I use it which is rarely.

What do you dislike?

Lack of features, nothing special. No free cloud storage.

Photos is my go-to tool for storing photos on my hard drive and when I need to do some basic photo editing. The main reason for that is that I'm a mac user. For storing my pics, I started using Google Photos lately, because I couldn't afford 100 GB on my hard drive and paying for storage inside iCloud wasn't something I wanted to do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have basic needs, like I do, Photos has everything you need and it's preinstalled, so no reason not to use it! Cloud storage is worse than of competitors.

I use the tool primarily for leisure. I used to store all of my pictures together , I liked the geotagging feature as I travel a lot.

I also use Photos for basic photo editing – I'm a designer – and sometimes it's easier to store edited pictures in Photos, rather than in a folder as a .psd.

I edit pictures slightly for my company's about page, for example

User in Graphic Design

"You might not need Photoshop"

What do you like best?

I'm going to be honest here, even with the seven years of being trained in photoshop through college and grad school, most of you probably don't need it. If you are a casual photographer, and need to make basic lighting edits (even slight retouching) you can absolutely use Photos to do that and it comes pre-loaded on your mac.

What do you dislike?

I would say there are just some disadvantages to using Photos in lieu of editing them with Photoshop, primarily the fact that you can't straighten an image with the same precision. And, obviously, there are limitations to the edits you can do if you're looking at doing heavy retouching.

I use photos for all of my organization. I find it much easier to work with than Adobe bridge.

Photos review by User

"Organizing your photos is a breeze with Photos"

What do you like best?

With about 40,000 photos under my belt I need something that can organize and keep them for when I need to find them. Apple's photo program does a great job. You can sort your photos by date, time, title, etc. Share your photos to iCloud easily and view what you've already shared. Create albums to keep your current photos organized by certain events and easily import your iPhoto library to photos and keep the albums you had in iPhoto as well. It is also nice to be able to edit the photos if needed.

What do you dislike?

Even though there is an editing feature and it's decent for the average user. It is not very compatible for photographer editing software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a software to organize your photos, this will help you tremendously.

It is useful for a home user or a business user that has any type of photo or video to organize.

Photos review by <span>Brock R.</span>
Brock R.

"Another example of Apple's new pseudo-userfriendly programs"

What do you like best?

It's nice having a program that automatically syncs photos with my phone.

What do you dislike?

Most everything else. It's a nightmare to export any photos, and every function seems to feel like it's on rails. You have to follow Apple's narrowly-defined path, which often doesn't work correctly or solve the problem you need solved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use something else. Organize photos manually in folders on your computer; you'll have better control over organization and movement of files.

Photos hasn't solved any business problems for me. I wouldn't recommend it for use in a professional setting.

Photos review by User in Computer Software

"Love Photos and Love my Phone "

What do you like best?

I love how great and easy it is to edit pictures and take really great pictures with my phone. As well as edit on my desk top computer.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike. This product has always been a sure thing. I have never had any complaints about it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are lucky enough to use it feel blessed. Photos has saved my life thousands of times

Editing on the go. Being able to take Quick pictures and up load to the internet or social media is a plus.

Photos review by <span>Victoria C.</span>
Victoria C.

"Photo is easy peasy!"

What do you like best?

Photo organizes your photos into albums, locations, or even “memories”.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the way the photos are presented sometimes. It’s overwhelming having so many images so packed together.

I can keep each clients material separate in their own album.

Photos review by <span>Brittany W.</span>
Brittany W.

"User friendly, but not many capabilities beyond viewing and surface level editing."

What do you like best?

I like that I can house my photos in one place and have them stream to iCloud.

What do you dislike?

I wish the program had a few better editing tools, as they're pretty surface level. Good for beginners.

Quick editing of creative assets and a place to house all assets with easy search capability.

Photos review by <span>Shawn P.</span>
Shawn P.

"Photos "

What do you like best?

I like the new editing area of the app.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were more editing options, like a clone tool, or burning tools.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please add more photo editing options. Even a connection to an outside editor would be helpful.

I use photos to help add depth to my lessons.

Photos review by <span>Alejandro A.</span>
Alejandro A.

"Cada vez más potente"

What do you like best?

Poder organizar las fotos, que lo haga desde hace mucho tiempo automáticamente por lugar y por “caras”, que puedas hacer edición de las fotografías y además es gratis. ¿Que más se puede pedir?

What do you dislike?

Es necesario tener un ordenador de Apple y a veces, la edición o exportación se hace algo limitada.

He realizado ediciones rápidas, he conseguido compartir mis fotografías y tener de manera automática toda la fototeca de mi iPhone.

Photos review by User in Aviation & Aerospace
User in Aviation & Aerospace

"great easy to use platform "

What do you like best?

I like how easy to use Photos is. I am not too technical, and many photo editing software are beyond my ability. I was able to use Photos easily and love my results.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing really I dislike, though I would like to see additional features added to the app version

Recommendations to others considering the product

Photos is a great easy to use platform. I would recommend to anyone, especially those who aren't too tech savvy. The capabilities are wonderful for the ease of use. I love it and can't see myself switching to any other photo editing or photo management system.

I have been able to edit photos for my blog easily. I love the clean, crisp look I am able to create without much effort!

Photos review by User in Research
User in Research

"Best app for your photo gallery and editing needs."

What do you like best?

I love that it is user friendly as far as navigating through your photos and editing your photos. You can create albums and collect screenshots easily as well.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were more ways to edit your photos, such as removing red eye. I also don’t like that your Instagram photos are automatically uploaded to your photos.

I have used it in the past to upload item photos when working at zulily. I would post them to event sites for the vendors.

Photos review by <span>Karis N.</span>
Karis N.

"Great for storing all photos!"

What do you like best?

Great place to keep all my photos organized!

What do you dislike?

Difficult to find specific photos sometimes. Not the best for organizing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Organize regularly, making sure photos don't get lost.

Able to keep all my photos in one place without them getting lost in different folders.

Photos review by <span>Joel G.</span>
Joel G.

"A great software to save space in your computer."

What do you like best?

You can upload a lot of pictures in the cloud, it is realy easy to use and allows you to edit photos with a high level of details, which is really awesome for a free software.

What do you dislike?

For the moment, i have yet to find something i do not like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is very simple and very useful.

Saving space, uploading pictures to the cloud and editing.

Photos review by <span>Reena B.</span>
Reena B.

"Photos review"

What do you like best?

Photos are accessible via phone, ipad or macbook

What do you dislike?

Sometimes photos take up too much storage space

Recommendations to others considering the product

maybe consider backing up your photos to an iCloud software

Being able to use photos; easy access and upload/email/photo sharing

Photos review by User

"A basic way to organise your pictures"

What do you like best?

The application let's you do the basics with little to no knowledge. It is very intuitive and allows you to organise your pictures and do some basic editing almost effortlessly.

What do you dislike?

The editing tools remain basic and don't allow you to do anything ambitious or that you couldn't get done with a phone. Also the way it imports and organises the pictures isn't always the best.

It mostly helps to be able to use the pictures you want in other apple software (such as keynote, pages...), it is kind of a toll to make the use of images smoother in those programs.

Photos review by Administrator in Entertainment
Administrator in Entertainment

"We use photos for all of our organization"

What do you like best?

Photos now organizes by thread, location and faces. This really helps with brand mgmt and sharing throughout the company. Before it used to take too long to look through then all just to find one photo.

What do you dislike?

It still has some glitches with photos disappearing or being filed under the wrong location or face.

Saving time is the biggest thing it has solved but it still is difficult to delete or clean up folders to share.

Photos review by User in Insurance
User in Insurance

"Photos don't always sync up"

What do you like best?

That it's easy to use and in theory I should be able to share photos with family and friends and across my devices

What do you dislike?

Photos don't always sync up from my phone to my macbook

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep your operating system up to date in order to utilize this software to its best.

Photos don't always sync up from my phone to my macbook ... that I can share images with others.

Photos review by <span>Holly G.</span>
Holly G.

"Photos is ok"

What do you like best?

I like that it is integrated with icloud and that it automatically receives my images from Iphone.

What do you dislike?

I prefer other software when using my Canon Rebel but it automatically attempts to use Photos, which is frustrating.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is perfect for ease of use when taking photos, but for my blog and other sites I prefer to use Photos only for photo management with iphone photos.

Storing photos.

Photos review by <span>Cheryl L.</span>
Cheryl L.

"Pictures "

What do you like best?

You get to see all your pictures at one time.

What do you dislike?

How they pick certain certain pictures and make a slideshow out of them.

Having all in one place. It helps with organization.

"Great"

What do you like best?

That there are alot of different options built into photos that you can also do without photo shop (effects, lighting, hues, etc). I think that the options you have to use are good for developing any beginner photo editing skills and moving to a more complex program

What do you dislike?

I don't like the saving process and how it doesn't save a copy, saves over the original.

No business problems thus far!

Photos review by <span>Jaclyn C.</span>
Jaclyn C.

"Self proclaimed photographer"

What do you like best?

Filters and easy cropping feature and album sharing feature.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I don't like the still chosen in a live photo.

Cropping photos to create professional styled photos for my shop.

Photos review by User in E-Learning
User in E-Learning

"Photo is a great edititng tool"

What do you like best?

I love using photos for organizing events but the editing tools are fantastic for making images really pop and crop before posting on my LMS.

What do you dislike?

I do wish there were more features allowing me to cut objects out with a stylus or combine images.

The cost of images is pretty astronomical unless you can track down what you need through free sources. Typically, I'll make my own photo and then adjust as needed using a blend of PPT and Photos to get the look I need.

Photos review by <span>Sophia P.</span>
Sophia P.

"Great for storing photos in one place"

What do you like best?

The favoriting system, and album organization

What do you dislike?

Dislike how you can't control the amount of filter you want to put on the photos

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to organize your photos as you go, it can be hard to organize when there are thousands of photos on one screen

Photo organization

Photos review by <span>Stephanie F.</span>
Stephanie F.

"The use of a photo app makes organizing pictures easier."

What do you like best?

The best part of the photo app is the way the app organizes pictures.

What do you dislike?

The photo app is only a like so far. Everything about the app

Is a like so far.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The app is a good organizing tool of photos.

Some problems that are solved is the pictures automatically include date, time and location of the picture.

Photos review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Very easy to use and great results"

What do you like best?

It is very intuitive and easy to use. Works fabulously when need to edit photos fast.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't offer as many features as other programs to edit photos.

It's is very easy to use, so it improves time spent editing photos, and more photos can be edited in less time compared to other more complex photo editor programs.

Photos review by <span>Stephanie F.</span>
Stephanie F.

"The photo album is useful."

What do you like best?

The photo album is useful. The idea of including the date, time and place of the photo is very useful. The idea that the pictures are viewed very easily makes finding pictures fast.

What do you dislike?

The product is very likable. Everything about the product is like so far.

There are no problems. The ease of use is a plus.

Photos review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"How does someone not use Photos?"

What do you like best?

I am very familiar with Photos so I know how to navigate it well. It is very easy to use.

What do you dislike?

After deleting a photo, it goes into a "deleted" folder. I would prefer it to just delete.

When taking photos for work, it is easy to separate them from my personal photos by using the "Location" tab.

Photos review by User

"Great for storing and organizing your photos"

What do you like best?

"Photos" is great for keeping track of all your photos, when they were taken, and organizing them into different categories.

What do you dislike?

The loading time is not always ideal. I also do not like the iCloud limits.

Photos makes it easy to find the photos that you need.

Photos review by <span>Allison D.</span>
Allison D.

"Photos Review"

What do you like best?

I like the flow of Photos, from the simple design elements to how easy it is to navigate.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it is hard organize certain folders, grouping up a trip or event into one area.

So far with Photos from a business stance, it is just a place to have photos instead of on your Finder.

Photos review by <span>Jonathan L.</span>
Jonathan L.

"Apple Photos"

What do you like best?

The thing that I like the most about Apple Photos is its organisational/display abilities

What do you dislike?

The thing that I like the least about Apple Photos is that I can't seem to save a copy of an edited image

Recommendations to others considering the product

there are lots and lots of editing/file management apps available, this isnt the best of them.

none.

Photos review by <span>Mahmood B.</span>
Mahmood B.

"Google photos are the thing if you dont wanna lose your photo"

What do you like best?

The simplicity of the app itself along with the facility to upload and store unlimited amount of photos if they are not high res.

What do you dislike?

It takes a good amount of time to process the photos which I wish were a little faster.

Editing photos and creating banners

Photos review by <span>Ashley B.</span>
Ashley B.

"Could be better"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use as well as quick options (selecting multiples to send to albums or email, etc.) and shared albums

What do you dislike?

No ability to add captions/organize unless you create multiple albums and you can only send a few photos per email

Ability to keep job photos organized

Photos review by <span>Liz V.</span>
Liz V.

"Photos- Helpful for Storage, Not for Editing"

What do you like best?

Photos is a great way to contain all my photos in one place and even organize them by location or person in them.

What do you dislike?

Editing features are minimal at best, and the program always runs slowly.

Collaborating with colleagues. Helpful if everyone is an Apple user, but otherwise can be difficult.

Photos review by <span>Meirin A.</span>
Meirin A.

"simple photo application"

What do you like best?

It is an application to edit photos, and keep them sorted by date, place, events.

What do you dislike?

I like everything, sometimes it hangs on some project, and that I should have free project options.

Keep the photos organized automatically and then have them handy when needed, easy to get.

Photos review by User

"Love Photos!!! Highly recommended!!! "

What do you like best?

I love utilizing feature that allows you to share photos with multiple family members regardless of location.

What do you dislike?

I have no issues with photos. I love it!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Photos is highly recommended for photography editing, photo sharing, etc. You will love it! This is a wonderful feature that all apple users should utilize.

Photos allows me to keep free space on my phone by storing my photos and memories! These are the benefits. I have more space on my phone because my photos are stored.

Photos review by <span>Krista M.</span>
Krista M.

"Photos for pros?"

What do you like best?

Can view all photos or separate from others by album, date, and facial recognition.

What do you dislike?

Basic application system for editing and nothing fancy for business requirements.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes as a basic beginning user platform.

Super easy to use with no prior experience

"Beautiful and Seamless!"

What do you like best?

I really love all the types of organization you can do with Photos! I also love how well it works with Adobe Photoshop with an instant update of the edited photo!

What do you dislike?

There is not much that I dislike about Photos. I guess my only thing is how it talks to the rest of the computer/desktop. It's as if you have to download the picture to get it out of pictures.

ORGANIZATION! This helped us stay so organization with our pictures.

Photos review by <span>Katie M.</span>
Katie M.

"Simple but effective and useful"

What do you like best?

Simplicity of the program and how straightforward it is

What do you dislike?

This program has very limited options for photo editing as compared to other photo editing programs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is useful and effective for simple photo editing needs.

No major problems, other than simple photo editing

User in Graphic Design

"Useful but better products out there"

What do you like best?

Useful for storage of photos and sharing

What do you dislike?

Doesn't offer much in the way of editing or exporting. Really only useful for storage.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check out Lightroom for editing!

Organization of imagery, sharing with team members, overall storage

Photos review by <span>Jesse W.</span>
Jesse W.

"easy, intuitive way of managing and editing photos"

What do you like best?

it's simple and easy and is designed for a not tech person. like integration with social and the iphone

What do you dislike?

sometimes bogs the performance of my machine down

sometimes its easier to use photos over photoshop because it's just plain quicker

Photos review by User in Newspapers
User in Newspapers

"Simple but gets the job done"

What do you like best?

Quick import, easy to crop and add filters. Love the feature that you can tag faces and locations, makes it easy to find older photos.

What do you dislike?

Wish there were more options to edit photos. Sometimes exporting photos does not work properly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easiest program to use for quick edits to photos, easy to find older photos based on dates/locations, etc. Can easily import photos.

Easy edits and cropping on photos before using them on graphics.

Photos review by User in Financial Services

"Great App for Photos - Easily Integrates Across Deviices"

What do you like best?

Love the fact that the use of cloud storage and photos persist across all of my iCloud devices. It makes it easy to start editing on one device and pick up on another.

What do you dislike?

Some of the editing features could be improved. I’m hoping the Mojave OS update enchancements make this less painful.

Easily sharing cloud photo libraries with various members of the organization.

Photos review by User in Insurance
User in Insurance

"Best Version Yet"

What do you like best?

The ability to share and editing features that come standard far surpass previous versions.

What do you dislike?

Does not integrate well with non-iPhone users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Immensely improved.

Organization, photo editing, and integration with apps.

Photos review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"Photos is great and easy to use"

What do you like best?

Ease of use and simplicity of Photos is perfect.

What do you dislike?

I wish Photos had a Windows and Android version.

Keeps track of our images on the go for diagnostic and user retention purposes.

User in Entertainment

"As the native photos app on iPhone its almost impossible NOT to use"

What do you like best?

The integration with iOS and the simple background syncing across all devices.

What do you dislike?

The albums and organization - most apps reorganize your folders differently when they browse through photos. Also, the editing tools and filters are not as user-friendly as other apps.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't rely on it solely for photo editing.

Quick editing and organizing, and sharing to other apps makes it easier to run our social advertising and create content.

Photos review by User in Computer Software

"Photos is the place for photos"

What do you like best?

I like how convenient Google Photos is to use.

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike anything about Google Photos.

Photos provides a great place to share and collaborate our images.

Photos review by <span>Matija A.</span>
Matija A.

"Apple photos Review"

What do you like best?

Ease of integration with my iPhone, iPad and Apple TV

What do you dislike?

Photos take up a lot of space, it would be nice if there was a clever way to decide what cloud provider i can use for storing photos (dropbox, box, one drive etc).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use Google Photos and Flick for backup, they give you lots of storage space

Photos review by User in Photography
User in Photography

"Basic Photo Library"

What do you like best?

Very easy to learn and get around. It's not too complicating of a product.

What do you dislike?

What i dislike about the product is that it's very basic and I wish it had a lot more features in it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this to others and it's very easy and effective especially if you have huge amounts of files to import.

That it's great for photo organizing.

Photos review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Simple to use for simple editing"

What do you like best?

I like that I can do all of my basic photo editing needs in one spot on my iPhone.

What do you dislike?

There isn't a feature to make photos less blurry or focus on one area

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the brightness and color edits on all photos - they really help!

Editing photos before using them for social channels. Photos is great for brightening and sharpening simple pictures.

Photos review by User in Banking
User in Banking

"Organizes great"

What do you like best?

This program organizes photos fantastically. We used to label folders within nested folders. This organizes by date or tags seamlessly within a toggle. So much easier than digging through a folder.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes takes a while to load up and the face recognition isn't completely there.

Solved organization and search

Photos review by User in Design
User in Design

"photos for mac - great for multi-tasking with images"

What do you like best?

it's easy to send photos from one application to another, storing from one app into the cloud, etc.

What do you dislike?

it is sometimes difficult to 'lose one's place' when searching through photos and easy to accidentally confuse folders/categories

Recommendations to others considering the product

it's free!

it saves quite a lot of time when looking through photos and deciding where to store them

Photos review by User

"Items moved to photos should appear in real time"

What do you like best?

I love how I can get a backup of all my photos and that there's an in built feature to free up device storage. I just wish that when I send an item to photos, it appears in my stream in real time at the very top.

What do you dislike?

"Back up with photos" should work better

Editing pictures

Photos review by User

"So easy to organize photos!"

What do you like best?

I like the facial recognition feature a lot. I have loads and loads of pictures and I don't have to spend so much time sorting through them to find who I'm looking for.

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far! I haven't found anything that hasn't been useful.

It's a great way to filter photos so quickly!

Learning about Photos?

* We monitor all Photos reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.