G2 Crowd Acquires Siftery to Create a New Way to Buy and Manage Software Spend 馃殌

Photoshop Elements

Adobe Photoshop Elements 14 software combines power and simplicity so you can make your photos look extraordinary.

Work for Photoshop Elements?

Learning about Photoshop Elements?

Photoshop Elements Reviews

Showing 330 Photoshop Elements reviews
Photoshop Elements review by Christina O.
Christina O.

"Photoshop Elements review"

What do you like best?

I have used both elements and the original photoshop program and continuously find that elements is much simpler to use than the original program.

What do you dislike?

The only problems I ever see is lagging while I am using it. I also wish that elements had the templates for product design, the original photoshop program has so many great ones that help bring your design to live.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Review and use the trials of the different photoshop programs to make sure you are purchasing the right one that will meet your goals. The programs are very expensive if you are buying them for yourself so I would say it is very important to do some research before buying.

I use elements for all different types of things, it does not necessarily solve any business problems I have. It comes to use for many things though.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Photoshop Elements
Photoshop Elements review by Joanna R.
Joanna R.

"Photography editing"

What do you like best?

Ease of use is important for me. I don't want to have to take weeks of training to use a software. This has tutorials that help.

What do you dislike?

Lots of options to help you do fun things with photos but need more step by step direction. Having a separate screen to guide you through the process would be great and help to master more types of edits.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sizing guidelines would be great.

Designing templates for customer invitations. Ease of saving templates for future use in order to serve customers needs as their needs change. Having a sizing guideline that helps for social media platforms would also be great and help to create templates and avoid sizing issues. The future of social media is changing constantly and the need to have guidelines updated and posted would be a huge benefit for customers.

What Photo Editing solution do you use?

Photoshop Elements review by Lauren C.
Lauren C.

"Great stripped down version of the real deal"

What do you like best?

Elements does an amazing job of keeping the most crucial features intact while taking away the "extras" in order to lower the price. I'm able to manage all of my arts/design business using just the Elements editor; it has great color processing, the cropping features are great (it is good at picking up on outlines and edges with the lasso and selection tools), and the blending and layering options are still mostly intact from the full version of photoshop.

What do you dislike?

My biggest issue with this program is that it doesn't let you switch between CMYK and RGB coloring, so sometimes if things are being printed it can cause colors to be inaccurate depending on the printer you're using. For web, this is not so much of a problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure you know the difference between RGB and CMYK coloring for your printing needs, and be aware of the limitations of the product.

I use elements to put together product pitches and photography and do graphic design for my business. It's good to make things look clean and streamlined, taking away extraneous elements from the backgrounds or edges of photos. Also, I use the text features to design flyers and ads.

Photoshop Elements review by Ashley W.
Ashley W.

"Awesome to Work WIth"

What do you like best?

Unlike Photoshop, I believe that Photoshop Elements is actually more user friendly to someone who had never used the program. I love that it enables you to insert your own actions to use as you wish. Style match is also a cool extra plus to Elements. Also the Group Shot Mode is amazing!! It gives the ability to fix all of my larger wedding group family shots such as families with children especially. Most times there is at least one child that doesn't cooperate with photos, so it allows me to switch faces in bigger groups.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that many people say that Photoshop is too complicated and Photoshop Elements is the easier route. I feel that Elements has a ton of things in itself that can be debated. For instance, I feel that Elements doesn't have the type ability that Photoshop does. It also seems like it does not have the clarity abilities that Photoshop does. I do not like that Elements seems to skim over the more important things that I use for photos, such as clarity.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just sit down and play with it. The more you use it the more comfortable you will be with it.

The business problems that I am solving with Elements is my time frame issue. The benefits of this are that my clients are getting their photos back much quicker than I use to. Weddings that took 8-10 weeks are being completed in 6 or less. Such a relief to have.

Photoshop Elements review by Joshua H.
Joshua H.

"Solid photo editing on a budget. "

What do you like best?

Photoshop Elements is super easy to use. It is great for a beginner to sit down and start using with it's guided mode, and can also be used well be experts who already know more about photo editing. I like that I can see all of the files I'm working on below the editing space and quickly switch between them. It makes for a very efficient and enjoyable workflow!

What do you dislike?

If you're used to full Photoshop, this does feel like it's lacking some features and capabilities. The software runs a bit slow at times while editing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Photoshop elements is a great software! It's perfect for someone just looking to do some simple photo editing or creation of print or digital media. Make sure you check out some tutorials on the software before you dig into it. Of course, go in and play around with it to see what you can do, but at the very least check out some beginner tutorials so that you can discover some of the vast capabilities the software has.

I used Photoshop Elements quite often to design and edit files for print to use for various events our company puts on. I love having Photoshop Elements available for many reasons. It allows me to quickly edit pictures, whether I need to resize, crop, add text and many other things. I also like the multiple file formats that I can choose to export in.

Photoshop Elements review by Ricardo O.
Ricardo O.

"It's one of my go-to programs whenever I get a new project."

What do you like best?

I like how versatile it is. You can do almost anything in there. You can work on drawings, photos, and even videos. You're almost unlimited. Depending on how proficient you are. I can get almost anything done in it. I do think Lightroom is slightly better at editing photos, Photoshop allows for WAY more creativity. I'm really glad they fixed this text problem they were having since the update.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the pixel based artboards are annoying because you can't get clean outcomes on certain things like you would on a vector artboards. Also I wish there was an easier way to deal with artboards like in Illustrator, where you can just create artboards anytime you want. Every update they put out tutorials for the update, and it takes them forever to stop asking if I want a tour or something. Even after I click "No" it still comes up when I start program for a while. Once I click "No" I want to be done.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make the artboard situation easier.

Any time I have to mock something up. When I need to reduce the size of photos. When I do graphics and artwork for the company I work for.

Photoshop Elements review by Alberto E.
Alberto E.

"Very easy and good"

What do you like best?

I like everything about this program, it is necessary that it be used before the user starts working with Photoshop, Photoshop Elements is the start to the editing, it is a simple and simple program but with the necessary tools that besides teaching you and getting started in This world, allows you to create collages and edit photos in a fast way and with professional quality.

What do you dislike?

I feel that the program is a little empty, I think they should add more editing elements but not so advanced so that the program does not lose its essence of simplicity, but it is necessary to add a few tools that allow the user to perform better jobs in all your editing projects.

Recommendations to others considering the product

they will love the program from the moment they use it, it is the perfect program to start editing photos and besides everything very simple and easy to use, with an incredibly good quality in the editions that are made here, it is a 100% recommended program

When it comes to a simple editing job or creating a collage, Photoshop Elements will always be my first choice, it is the program I use the most when I make or send me to do simple works in which I need to edit an image, and I do not really have No complaint about the work I have done here

Photoshop Elements review by Alyssa D.
Alyssa D.

"Photoshop Elements 12"

What do you like best?

I love that Photoshop elements is easy to use for all skill levels with its "Quick", "Guided", and "Expert" settings. I like going between Guided and Expert when I am using the program for different projects. I also like that I am able to save the images in a variety of formats and qualities.

What do you dislike?

The Organizer feature. Occasionally I accidentally click on the Organizer when starting on Photoshop elements. I only use the program for its photo editing and saving capabilities. I organize photos in other programs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend Photoshop Elements if you are a novice-intermediate level photo editor. It's very easy to learn and use.

For my job, I must be able to take cellphone snapshots of museum objects in order to document them. Often times, the photo's are being taken under poor conditions such as bad lighting in the room, or the perspective is skewed in the photo. In Photoshop elements I am able to fix all those little problems and end up with an acceptable finished product. This benefits my institution because I am able to continue using my phone to take quick record shots, instead of having to go through the motions of setting up the objects in a photo studio. Photoshop enables me to fix the photos I take very easily and efficiently.

Photoshop Elements review by Patrick B.
Patrick B.

"Powerful photo editor at a good price"

What do you like best?

Simple user interface that allows the user to make edits quickly and easily. It handles multiple file formats and lets you open in one format and convert to another format easily. There are a multitude of tools to use when editing images. The online help lets the user search for specific things and the online help can provide examples on how to do a particular item.

What do you dislike?

Very little to dislike - the only thing would be missing features which would be accounted for by the lower cost of the scaled down package

Recommendations to others considering the product

One of the best image/photo editors for the price.

I use it to resize images, change the compression to reduce the file size, to fix errors in a picture, to remove items that don't want to be shown - just editing images in general.

Photoshop Elements review by Alexa F.
Alexa F.

"Great for quick photo edits"

What do you like best?

This program is great for making quick adjustments to photos. Often times Photoshop can be moderately overwhelming, or at the very least has so many options that it can be difficult to sort through and find the small thing you're looking for. Photoshop Elements takes away the in-depth pieces and leaves the essentials for quick and easy edits that can be exported directly.

What do you dislike?

Photoshop Elements is basically a more expensive version of Windows photo editor. It's easy to use and helpful in some circumstances, but it is most likely an upscale version of something that came pre-downloaded on your computer. It's great if you already pay to use the Cloud, but no necessarily something I would pay for as a stand alone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Photoshop Elements is great if you are already a customer or considering becoming a customer of Adobe Creative Cloud, but as a stand alone product, there's a good chance that you already have something similar downloaded on your computer.

I use it frequently for photos that simply need brightened or darkened on a moments notice. I typically prefer Lightroom for quickly editing in bulk, but Photohop Elements allows you to focus on one image at a time and quickly change and save for other uses.

Photoshop Elements review by Edgar O.
Edgar O.

"Watered down Adobe Photoshop"

What do you like best?

It seems to me the whole point and existence of Adobe Photoshop Elements is to provide a watered down, more basic and simple version of the complete Photoshop that is simple enough for somebody's grandma to use. And you know what? That's a good thing. Sometimes you want something more advanced than the abilities of your phone's baked in photo editing tools, but not something so complicated that the average user is going to spend hours just figuring out how to use their software.

What do you dislike?

For a watered down version of Photoshop, the price sure doesn't show it that way. While Elements does away with the subscription based pricing of Adobe's more expensive and advanced software, it seems to be overpriced for what you get, especially when free options like GIMP and dozens of others are available.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Think about what you really want and need out of a photo and image editing software, and then give the free trial a whirl. Adobe is pretty great when it comes to letting you try before you buy.

I gave Photoshop Elements a whirl on a free trial when I wanted to take a break for paying for Photoshop, and before I started using GIMP when I was between projects. While it could do the most basic of things that I used Photoshop for (image creation for software icons, etc.), it ultimately didn't have what I was looking for in terms of graphic design. As mentioned previously though, it's more-so not marketed towards my uses.

Photoshop Elements review by Nick T.
Nick T.

"All the Photoshop fun on a budget"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that the user gets near full Photoshop functionality. You don't get all the bells and whistles but you get all the editing power you need. I've used pro versions so I definitely have a frame of reference to work from.

What do you dislike?

Really the only thing missing is some of the filters and automated functions you'd get with the full version. This is sometimes a bummer, but I really didn't expect to get everything with elements anyway.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it. It's not quite full Photoshop, but it's close. You can't beat it for the money.

I work for a church and buying the full version of Photoshop wasn't in the budget. I am an experienced Photoshop user so I figured I could navigate my way around elements and make it work for us. Elements has been a huge benefit. It gives me what I need but with a budget price.

Photoshop Elements review by Andrew V. T.
Andrew V. T.

""Photoshop Elements, it's cool.""

What do you like best?

An outstanding feature is the conscious content movement tool. This feature allows you to select a person or object and move it to another place. The Content Aware function fills in the hole where the person used to be. This is probably the best object removal tool on the market, but sometimes it can take some attempts to function properly.

The content-aware tool works incredibly well to eliminate unwanted objects and fill space credibly.

What do you dislike?

This program does not have an easy HDR tool, but you can create HDR images by merging photographs with different exposure levels and The software photo organizer is a separate application.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Adobe Photoshop Elements is a good choice for both beginners and veteran photographers. With an extensive set of tools, experts can find the features they need, and beginners can learn to use the software using the program's guided mode function.

With an extensive set of tools and editing capabilities, Adobe Photoshop Elements can help you retouch your photos or transform them completely. Elements has the organization and editing tools that you will see in the most sophisticated photo editing software, but with the price and ease of use of a basic product.

Well, I usually use it for my corporate work as well as for my independent work, usually to edit photos for publication.

Good in my personal opinion Editing graphics to use on websites is much easier using this tool than others I have tried.

Photoshop Elements review by Gary H.
Gary H.

"Most everything you need in photo editing software without the big price"

What do you like best?

Photoshop Elements is very reasonably priced, and has most of the Photoshop tools that I used with the complete program. When I purchased it, it came bundled with Premiere Elements, which is a companion video-editing software. I'm still using Elements 11, but may upgrade soon. But, truly this version continues to serve my needs well.

What do you dislike?

It does lack some of the program components that come with its higher-priced "parent," Photoshop, so if you're used to the full version, you'll find a few things lacking or perhaps a bit more cumbersome to accomplish. It's easier working with layers and other more advanced options in the full version of Photoshop, but it gets the job done for a good price.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Many times, Photoshop Elements comes bundled with Premiere Elements, which is a pretty good video editing software option. As for Elements, if you're looking for a budget-friendly photo-editing software, I'd recommend it. Elements does almost everything I need it to do, including some automation for a batch of photos.

I can make my photographs look more vibrant by enhancing the colors, adjusting brightness/contrast, etc. You can create text overlays and more. Elements 11 (several years old) has different modes (quick, guided, and expert) for varying levels of program expertise. Without this software, my photos would not "pop" the way they do after using Elements. It's user-friendly and helps me get the job done fast, which is always helpful on the job.

Photoshop Elements review by Zack M.
Zack M.

"Photoshop is a great tool for editing visuals"

What do you like best?

There are seemingly endless possibilities. If you can dream it, you can almost definitely create it in photoshop. Photoshop is not something you can just pick up and start using. However, the internet is absolutely laden with video and written tutorials on pretty much any Photoshop task. You are not limited to other design tools by the program, because often there are multiple ways to achieve the desired result.

What do you dislike?

There is no easy crop tool like most other software. It sometimes drives me crazy that I have to crop things in word or preview then import to Photoshop, but that's the most major flaw in the program in my opinion. Minor flaws include time to master Photoshop. There are endless possibilities, but it can take a long time to learn everything you need to master the program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Does anything you want, but does also take time to learn

Designing visuals and videos are the main problems Photoshop helps me with. Visuals include banners, images for email communications, infographics thumbnails, and videos. Greater interaction with clients would be the most major benefit. When your content is visually pleasing, people are much more likely to engage with you. As a result, we have incredible open rates and click-through rates on our communications. Other benefits include creating better points to your partners via infographics, creating a better user experience for our customers on our web pages, and generating an expectation of excellence within our company for our team.

Photoshop Elements review by Tyler G.
Tyler G.

"Photoshop Elements - the easiest and most advanced photo editing software you need"

What do you like best?

Photoshop is an extremely powerful software in a small package. It suits all of my photo editing needs at a fraction of the cost of the more expensive Photoshop Creative Suite or even a software of the likes of Lightroom. Everything is also extremely easy to use and there are even tutorials for each of the functions that may not be so obvious to users. First time users can also get step by step instructions on how to do pretty much anything in the software, which would be super helpful for anyone looking to get into the photo editing arena.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, Photoshop Elements can be really slow. This is especially the case when you are importing upwards of five photos to create a panoramic photograph. The processing speed of Photoshop Elements gets noticeably slower at this time and causes some slowdowns in your productivity.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best quick photo editing software out there for both amateurs and professionals.

Photoshop Elements helps me to work on our marketing and advertisement materials and add things onto our website. I can do all of these things in a very efficient manner using the program, as it boots up quick and allows for easy edits under the Quick tab. This allows me to shoot photos, upload them to my MacBook, and then edit them all within about 20 to 30 minutes. This increases my productivity exponentially and allows me to get more things done and worry less about the time consuming effort that is sometimes required to edit photos.

Photoshop Elements review by Connor B.
Connor B.

"Basic but powerful and easy to use"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, and power to create designs and logos with minimal training/expertise.

What do you dislike?

Lacks some features. The built-in photo effects are outdated; I'd never use them for a project.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Photoshop Elements is a powerful tool for designing, creating, and editing graphics, logos, and pictures. It is cheaper than Photoshop and easier to use, but it does not include all of the bells and whistles of Photoshop.

I am able to design and create my own marketing materials rather than outsourcing the labor at a high cost. With no formal training and basic design skills, I've used Elements to create logos, flyers, brochures, and even a trade show tent design. These would have cost thousands to hire a freelancer to create.

Photoshop Elements review by Vikram D.
Vikram D.

"Tool that detect the best in you gallery."

What do you like best?

To me Photoshop element comes as a set with the license of adobe software i purchased. I primary do prefer Photoshop as a editing tool but i am really impress with what adobe has done with the elements.

It is a quick way to edit and fix images with problems like closed eyes.

Its organizer is also quite well and also tags photos with its facial recognition. You can fill the holes, add or subtract objects easily, move or change perspective and many more.

What do you dislike?

Analyzing is not up to the mark. It do recognize face and tag images and catalog it according to its composition and quality but at the end you have to trust the eye. Sometime it select an overexposed image over a good image as its best shot.

Used it as a way to filter images from the pile of image clicked through camera, especially the burst shots and the multiple photos of same groups.

Photoshop Elements review by Jamie Lynn P.
Jamie Lynn P.

"Watered down, easier version of Photoshop - great for beginners!"

What do you like best?

Photoshop Elements is a great introduction to Photoshop. In reality, if you are a beginner, with how deep and complex the full version of Photoshop is, Elements is honestly the perfect solution for so many people out there that are not advanced Photoshop users. Elements takes the super complex parts of out of Photoshop and leaves a cleaner and simpler version of Photoshop. Not only that, but the price tag is significantly lower as well!

What do you dislike?

I really don't like the limitations of Photoshop Elements compared to regular Photoshop, but honestly, that's exactly what the product intends to be. I'm an advanced Photoshop User so Elements isn't a product I spend much time on so critiquing it in this fashion is honestly just not fair. Realistically it's a great program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you haven't yet taken a leap towards buying the full version of Photoshop and are scared by the price tag; take a deep look into Photoshop Elements. The full version of Photoshop is very deep and complex and to master it and get the most out of it, you would really need to spend a great deal of time educating yourself on the program. If you don't have the time to invest in learning a very complex program but still want the same results, Photoshop Elements is a beautiful and very affordable alternative. I highly recommend it to beginner photographers and graphic artists.

I was able to learn Photoshop Elements and program my Photoshop Actions to be usable in Elements and still provide a decent level of service to my customers (I sold Photoshop Actions and taught basic Photoshop Classes). In so many ways, the full version of Photoshop is unnecessary for so many users and Elements is the perfect platform for a lot of people, which was true for many of my customers.

Photoshop Elements review by Jennie R.
Jennie R.

"Easy image editing and creation"

What do you like best?

Photoshop Elements is great for quick fixes to images or creating a simple graphic fast.

What do you dislike?

I have both Photoshop and Photoshop Elements. There is really nothing to dislike for me personally about Elements, because if I need to do something more advanced (which is rare) I can switch to Photoshop. For me, Elements is generally all I need to use, and I really don't have any dislikes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want a Pro program, use the full version of Photoshop. But for simple image editing, this is a quick and easy program to use.

Changing color profiles on images so I can insert them into a video editing project, adding text when needed, cropping/editing/fixing an image before using it.Resizing images to use online.

Photoshop Elements review by Internal Consultant
Internal Consultant

"Great for Novice Users"

What do you like best?

I am an experienced user of Photoshop, so my usage of this program is mostly for when I need a quick photo edit. It's easy to use, versatile and pretty powerful. It contains helpful guided edits as you go. It also provides excellent digital asset management. I like the tagging system which has improved. It helps quickly and easily search photos later.

Smart Tags is my favorite feature. It will take longer to upload your images since the program is assessing each image during upload.

What do you dislike?

The program can be a little slow. Guided edits aren't integrated into the expert mode and there are limited sharing options. Sharing options is important to me since the whole point of using the program is to be quick about getting the images out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

With the three different modes (Quick, Guided, and Expert), this is suitable for everyone. It is easy to use the Quick and Guided features. The Expert mode can be challenging, but there are tons of free online materials to help you.

I utilize Elements as a quick editing tool when needed. It saves me time in the long run which matters when I don't have a lot to do and I'm on a deadline.

Photoshop Elements review by Anna C.
Anna C.

"Simple, but may as well go for the big thing"

What do you like best?

Super simple to use and gives you a taste of the real thing. It's the baby version of Photoshop at a fraction of the cost, but still delivers on use. It has a lot of the same features that allow you to do basic photo editing.

What do you dislike?

Not really worth it in the end. You may as well either go full out and get a subscription for Photoshop / the Adobe Suite. Honestly, the price ends up being worth it. Elements has features of Photoshop that can also be found using programs like GIMP or Pixlr which are free.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I really think it is a good program if you don't want to commit to Photoshop, but I recommend you consider just going with Photoshop and learning that program.

Photoshop Elements is a good in between if you want to get ready for the real deal. I find it helps with the same things Photoshop does but has limited features. You can still create and edit advertisements, but the turnout isn't worth the $80 price tag.

Photoshop Elements review by Mary V.
Mary V.

"Excellent creator and editor of images "

What do you like best?

To be precise, photoshop elements is an alternative to the well-known Photoshop, but as the name implies, with the essential or elementary features to create or edit photographs and images. It is much simpler to use since many of the functions of Photoshop were simplified in this other tool, so it may be ideal for some users looking to perform specific tasks, as they can be done much more easily.

What do you dislike?

Its price is quite high to be a more critical tool, for this reason I prefer to stay with Photoshop, in addition to its software is quite heavy because it is a very powerful tool, which is why some computers may fail to run this program .

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's pretty good, but personally I'm left with Photoshop, since I do not think it's necessary to spend money on two prgoramas that are practically the same.

I have sometimes implemented this tool in my work to edit one or another image when I was testing the program, and the truth is that I have been quite satisfied with its usefulness and it can be very useful.

Photoshop Elements review by Alanna G.
Alanna G.

"Budget Friendly Professional Editing for All Levels"

What do you like best?

Photoshop can be daunting if you are new to editing or software. Elements provides a user friendly experience that is relatively intuitive. The software has many options to guide you through the editing process. I often use it if I'm on a time crunch and need a quick, professional edit. It is a great option for novice to intermediate users or someone on a budget. Photoshop Elements does a great job with auto organizing and social shares.

What do you dislike?

Elements does not have all of the bells and whistles of full Photoshop. At times, it can feel too stripped down. Complicated or in-depth editing requires a different version of Photoshop. The program could use a few more tools to maintain the feel of Photoshop. That being said, it is a great version for quick fixes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Elements is a great program for beginners to intermediate users. It is a budget friendly version of the more involved options of Photoshop. If you need quick fixes or less involved editing, this is your program.

Photoshop Elements has been beneficial to my company in many ways. It saves time when we need a quick, professional edit. Elements has shortened our turnover time and helped us with efficiency. We are able to produce marketing materials in a pinch with this version of Photoshop.

Photoshop Elements review by Preethi M.
Preethi M.

"Has great apps for phones/tablets!"

What do you like best?

It's great for beginner "Graphic designers" because it simplifies some photoshop elements that are hard to understand and it's very easy to use. I love to use it on the go because it has tablet compatible apps so I can use it on my Ipad.

What do you dislike?

That it is a bit pricey, almost like photoshop so there's not a lot of difference in price between the two applications. Also is limiting, if you know how to use some more advanced features that photoshop has to offer

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you don't think you'll use a lot of the other features in Photoshop (more advanced, etc.) I would get photoshop elements because it has the basics and is easy to use!

For making marketing materials - making ads, graphics, and resizing photographs especially when you're not an experienced graphic designer, it really comes in handy because almost anyone can easily learn how to use the tools.

Photoshop Elements review by Sidney Cherie H.
Sidney Cherie H.

"Elements is One of My Favorites"

What do you like best?

Elements turns around the feeling many novice photo editors have; editors can go from feeling overwhelmed with effects to feeling confident that they can make an image they're proud of. As a freelance photographer, I find the guided edits a life saver. The organizer application also allows me to group my photos and make the stack of editing work easier to tackle.

What do you dislike?

I do wish I had easier access to post my new edited photos to various social media and cloud sharing applications.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a novice in photo editing, this is a great software that is less intimidating than some of it's competitors.

I work as a freelance photographer for social media; I often need to make high-quality, quick edits and I find that I can edit confidently with Elements.

Photoshop Elements review by Kerianne O.
Kerianne O.

"A great way to introduce Adobe software to a newbie"

What do you like best?

The limited amount of functions to not overwhelm someone just starting out with graphic design/photo editing. This software was perfect for when I was learning graphic design in high school and was able to download elements for free on my personal computer at home. I definitely became more advanced being able to access the software at home as well as in school. Adobe does have student discounts for college students, but I think with the technology being found more and more in high schools, they should really re-think how to also offer them some type of deal.

What do you dislike?

That there's no use for it for someone more advance in Photoshop. It's a tool that you will use for a year or less, and eventually move on to bigger, better things. It would be interesting if this was a staple software in the adobe suite that had needed functions that other products did not have.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great tool to help you jump into a new career/hobby as a graphic designer, photo editor, etc. But after becoming more skilled in this product - you will need to eventually upgrade to Photoshop.

I don't think elements is used in business at all. I think of it used in schools and for personal use. The benefits of using it in schools is that it gives a great way to start out in the design field. Personal use is great because it is cheap and has enough functionality to do basic things.

Photoshop Elements review by Keren L.
Keren L.

"Excellent photo editor, powerful and intuitive. "

What do you like best?

It is a very powerful photo editing tool that has a good number of Photoshop features, but with a more directed approach to photography. It has a very intuitive interface that allows to make the editing work a very friendly and simple task. It is ideal for inexperienced users since it has a system of tutorials that help the user to become familiar with the tool and use it in a more professional way. It is also very good to implement it as a professional work tool.

What do you dislike?

Personally, I would not pay for this tool, since it has the elementary Photoshop, so for a user who already uses photoshop it would be a waste of money to have two tools with the same characteristics, in addition to their price and their system Licensing is quite annoying, a negative feature that all Adobe tools possess.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It has the essential tools to manipulate or edit photographs, if you are currently a user of photoshop, believe me that this tool is not necessary for you.

I have used it on multiple occasions, mostly to test it and know how it works, using its testing period, since it does not appeal to me to implement it in my work and make a profit from it.

Photoshop Elements review by Harlan R.
Harlan R.

"A higher-end photo library.."

What do you like best?

Adobe has really been trying to bring the functionality of it's most prized product Photoshop to the everyday user. It's a great tool for anyone looking to do simple photo editing. It's a great introduction into the Adobe community and helps get you involved in their Creative Cloud platform. Photoshop Elements implements a feature that allows you organize your photos based on face recognition, places, etc. This may be Adobe's way to compete against giants such as Google, Facebook & Apple. They do a pretty decent job with the interface but it's nothing we haven't seen before.

What do you dislike?

It's not great for the professional already using Photoshop, or an individual already established in the Adobe community.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you haven't already been using Photoshop, give this app a try first to see if it's what you're looking for in photo editing/design. Software of course is just personal preference, art is derived from the artist.

I'm able to quickly adjust certain things within a single app that can be easily migrated across all of the Adobe ecosystem.

Photoshop Elements review by User

"My go to software for photo editing"

What do you like best?

Ease of merging photos, scanning and separating multiple photos, the "remove color cast" which Photoshop does not have, adjustable grid lines, the ability to adjust facial features , remove unwanted objects in photos and ability to edit people in group shots.I also like the fact that I only have to pay for the license once - no annual fee and can use without the internet.

What do you dislike?

I can't seem to identify anything to dislike - especially with the 2018 version. The latest version seems to cover all the routine tasks that I currently need to perform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For the price, I would seriously recommend trying Photoshop Elements before purchasing Photoshop to see if it meets your needs. Especially good for small companies.

Mostly editing photos for marketing materials and websites. Easy to use. Good tutorials. I often have to correct and enhance field photos of architectural exteriors and interiors taken by non professionals. I can merge photos, delete unwanted objects and change backgrounds.

Photoshop Elements review by Udaya N.
Udaya N.

"Photoshop it is an amazing tool"

What do you like best?

Photoshop elements is very flexible and can be used very easily. By using Photoshop we can create logos, website templates, banners, image manipulations and many more. Beginners can also learn easily by surfing through google or by using user's guide.

What do you dislike?

Updated versions price is not is not in the range of a common man. I have faced one issue while changing the measurements in history but at last i could able to found as they are hidden by small arrow. So these small small issues we face in the new version. While creating the gif files also i was unable to found from were to import files and were they are getting added. There are lot of changes compared to one version to one version of Photoshop.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes i recommend Photoshop software to all my colleagues and friends as i like it very much.

I have used Photoshop as a freelancer were i was able to make out some money through that. It is more helpful for small scale business people like photographers and many other in creating banners, editing or image manipulation purpose and adding text and editing the backgrounds for events, parties, and cultural events. In my company i create many e mailers also branding purpose were we promote our business through social media websites also. In this way it is very useful to each and every individual who have the passion towards desigining.

Photoshop Elements review by Dr. Panther J. F.
Dr. Panther J. F.

"Very good for ease of use, bad for some features"

What do you like best?

Adobe Elements is one of the first programs I used for editing video, and I still use it, along with more powerful tools, because of its ease of use. For comparison, I also use Adobe Premiere Pro and Adobe After Effects. Adobe Premiere Pro is much more powerful, especially for global color correction, but it is far less intuitive, and quite a bit more picky about the types of video files it will accept. Similarly, Adobe After Effects is necessary for much of the titling work I do. However, the version I use insists on creating each rendered file as an uncompressed video file (ie, 2-10 GB per file), and the simplest way to compress these files is just to render and export them again in Adobe Premiere Elements. So for now, while I have more powerful tools, I still use Adobe Elements for all my basic, simple video editing.

What do you dislike?

3 major problems with Adobe Premiere Elements. 1, It will not allow you to change the resolution of the project. Did you accidentally set the project settings wrong before beginning your work? You're going to have to do the ENTIRE PROJECT OVER AGAIN! There is absolutely no way to change the settings, nor to even export and re-import them into a project with the right settings. OOPS!

2. Premiere Elements will override the settings you chose based on some of the files you import, unless a tiny box "force selected settings on to this project." is checked. If not checked, and you use different frame rate or size video clips in your project, you'll again have a video project which cannot be resized, and you have to do EVERYTHING ALL OVER AGAIN!

3. Adobe Premiere has a nasty habit of making global adjustments, including in other tracks, when you're working on one track, when you delete a clip or resize one. It's trying to be helpful, but it's a very unhelpful feature, and has cause me to have to redo large amounts of my video projects because the timing of audio and video was thrown off by a small adjustment I made in one track. I wish they would fix this feature.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As a useful tool for doing the easy work, it's been very useful to me, and may be to you as well.

It is a very useful tool for easy video editing, especially projects that I can give to my assistants. The more complicated tasks I tend to do myself, and often require more advanced video tools like the ones mentioned above.

Photoshop Elements review by User in Consumer Goods
User in Consumer Goods

"Powerful, comprehensive, affordable--with a learning curve"

What do you like best?

Create graphic designs with a few clicks that look like a graphic designer created them. There is more packed into this software than the casual user might ever need, but it's available if you do. There are many free tutorials available on the web.

What do you dislike?

There is a fairly steep learning curve, it's not very intuitive, and very few HELP tools available onboard.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are not familiar with how layers works, be prepared to spend some time getting to know this. In fact, be prepared to spend time learning how to use the app, but realize each time you have a new task, you'll be adding another "tool" to your toolbag!

Creating professional looking graphics, signs, ads, handouts and other marketing tools is really possible without too much hassle or expense. The name implies it's used for photos, and it can be...but I use it more for creating and altering graphics, or adjusting size and shape of photos for use in marketing materials rather than "photoshopping" the photograph itself.

Photoshop Elements review by Henry K.
Henry K.

"Professional grade tools in a consumer grade product"

What do you like best?

I enjoyed the fact that elements has many of the tools that the full version of photoshop offers. Having the ability to learn on a cheaper program/platform allowed me to later on in life move up to the full version and hit the ground running.

What do you dislike?

At times I became frustrated that certain tools weren't fully capable in elements or weren't available at all. While I understand the reasoning behind this, it made certain tasks a pain which would normally require a work around. For basic editing and graphic design, however, elements did the trick.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are doing minimal editing and getting into working with photo editing, elements is an excellent tool to get started without having to pay the monthly fee for a year contract to have access to the full photoshop. Elements will give you all the tools to get you started and allow you to jump up to the full version in the future if you ever need to. For those looking to jump right into the professional realm, however, I would recommend skipping over Elements and diving right in. This is a piece of software for those wanting to simple dabble in photo editing at the novice level with sights set far down the road of moving up to the full version.

Not having to use programs such as GIMP was a major improvement and as previously mentioned, being able to jump up to the full version with little-to-no learning curve was a major plus.

Photoshop Elements review by Holly L.
Holly L.

"Love This Standalone Adobe Product!"

What do you like best?

First and foremost, I love that this is still a standalone program vs. the rest of the Adobe Creative Suite, which is now only available through a cloud subscription. This is a "lite" version of Photoshop, perfect for the more casual user who wants to tidy up photos (remove red eye, etc.), resize, manipulate logos and other graphics, open and save a variety of graphics formats, and venture a bit into some graphic design. I use this for work at a small nonprofit for tasks such as reconfiguring logos into different formats (color changes, orientation) for use on social media and various print materials, as well as for work and personal use to crop photos, remove color cast and redeye, adjust lighting, and convert to monochrome, different formats, etc.

What do you dislike?

There are some features that are difficult to access and features that are unavailable in this simplified version of the program. That said, the more casual user (read: not a hardcore designer) will find this easier to use and be surprised at what can be accomplished with a software that is "incomplete." A more seasoned veteran would be able to use this to dispatch with any number of tasks with extreme efficiency.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a workhorse that gives you flexibility with greater ease of use than full-blown Photoshop, this is your solution! While an experienced designer accustomed to working in Photoshop or other design software might be frustrated by some "missing features" in Elements, less experienced users or those with more limited needs for output should be happy with the app/software's capabilities. There is a learning curve if you are not familiar with Photoshop or other design software, but there are many good tutorials online that can help you navigate this program and learn the basics.

We produce our own brochures, newsletters and other promotional materials in house. Having Photoshop Elements makes it possible for me to reconfigure and size logos to suit various formats, including social media, widgets, creative headers, etc. It's very affordable as a standalone app/software, putting it well within reach of smaller businesses, individuals and nonprofits.

Photoshop Elements review by Eric S.
Eric S.

"Great program for photo editing"

What do you like best?

Photoshop Elements is a great photo editing program for people who don't want the complexity or the cost of the full fledged version of Photoshop.

What do you dislike?

It's easier to use than the full version of Photoshop, but the interface still needs needs some improvement--mostly to make it easier to use and find the feature you're looking for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's much more affordable than the full version of Photoshop, but it's also not as powerful (or complicated).

It's a nice program for editing photos and graphics. It handles most of what I need to do.

Photoshop Elements review by Mahtab T.
Mahtab T.

"A good basic program for editing"

What do you like best?

While Photoshop Elements does not have the full length of tools that Photoshop does, it has great features that enables you to create amazing edits. It also allows for multiple layers to be used in order to edit different projects. The usability is easy, so user interface is easy enough to learn by requires a bit of time.

What do you dislike?

What someone may like about this program may be the limited options it has compared to regular Photoshop. I also dislike the availability, or the lack of, different usable colors. The limit of colors really hinders how many projects you can color in. The program is really better for things such as editing photos, rather than drawing out photos and artwork.

Recommendations to others considering the product

One important thing is that it takes time to figure out how to use the materials and tools you have access to through Photoshop Elements. It is not a quick and easy program to use. Once you figure out how to use it, you can do many things.

It helps us edit photos to use for our website and to create designs for marketing and for student projects. It allows for in depth and focused editing to be done. It is difficult for students to use, but staff has learned the program and can use it with relative ease.

Photoshop Elements review by shambhavi k.
shambhavi k.

"Photoshop Elements"

What do you like best?

Adobe Photoshop Elements is a raster graphics editor for entry-level photographers, image editors and hobbyists. It contains most of the features of the professional version but with fewer and simpler options. The program allows users to create, edit, organize and share images.It was very useful for beginners who are learning about photoshop and any other photoediting software..

What do you dislike?

The software's photo organizer is a separate application.You have to download that application for organizer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very easy to use and use this if your project does not need complicated editing.

I use for small editing and for those projects which does not require complicated tools like photoshop has.

Photoshop Elements review by Rachel C.
Rachel C.

"PSE is an essential program!!"

What do you like best?

Photoshop elements helps you to be able to resize, change color, cut out things, create transparent backgrounds, make professional pictures for websites, print, and any media you may need. Even 3D is possible in PSE.

What do you dislike?

I think that it can be overwhelming for someone who is not used to how the program works. Possibly an icon legend would be good to help people identify what they are doing. Also the 3D programming could use some tweaking to make it more user friendly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look at what you need to accomplish, and then how comfortable you are with the adobe products. You can look at video tutorials for all Adobe products and if you get the CC suite it is easy to switch between programs to get the desired outcome, but be prepared to spend the time getting there.

I use it for a ton of things. It is my go to program for photos. I can take shots with a green screen and then use PSE to make them into whatever we may need them to be.

Photoshop Elements review by Joshua G.
Joshua G.

"Great lightweight Product for video editing and imaging"

What do you like best?

This is a great affordable platform and an alternative to the creative cloud suite that you purchase online. Ive owned a few different versions of the Elements platform with Elements 10 being my favorite. The thing I like about these products is that they provide the basics in what you need without all the bells and whistles of the full blown program. Theyre much easier to use and understand so the learning curve isn't as hard as creative cloud.

What do you dislike?

With that being said, its a very limited set of user tools in both Photoshop and Premiere Elements. You can't really do multiple camera edits unless you try to manually sync the audio in Premiere, there is limited transitions and graphics that are built in are kinda cheesy. In Photoshop, it's a bit better, they still give you layers and the ability to easily scale things, but you don't get as many formats to work with unlike the full blown Photoshop.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are starting out in the Adobe platform, Elements is a great way to get your feet wet and learn the basics. If you're a seasoned pro, having Elements on a lower end laptop for light work makes best here, otherwise, get creative cloud.

Been using Photoshop Elements to create basic graphics for Facebook banners, online advertisements and things of that nature. For video production, Elements is better for Facebook videos in my opinion, as long as they don't require a lot of editing, its great for the $100-$149 price point.

Photoshop Elements review by Janet C.
Janet C.

"Powerful and full-featured image editing software"

What do you like best?

This software used to be considered the 'light' version of Photoshop, but it is very full-featured and everything most people will need to manage photo and image requirements for web or light print use.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't handle layer groups. There are low-cost, 3rd party extensions available to handle this functionality, however.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are several online classes and community college classes to get started with Photoshop Elements. I recommend this because it can be overwhelming at first. Additionally, you can choose 'quick', 'guided' or 'expert' levels to assist you with using and learning the product.

I use Photoshop elements exclusively for all of my website, blog, and e-commerce photos.

Photoshop Elements review by Andrew J. W.
Andrew J. W.

"I cannot live without Photoshop Elements"

What do you like best?

Being a PhotoShop user for over 10 years, PhotoShop Elements provides me with all of the design and creation tools I need. I easily import and export files as needed. I typically know what I need to do in my head before using PhotoShop Elements to create my final result. The basic brushes, filters, fonts and operations that come standard are more than I typically need to create my project.

What do you dislike?

I am a big fan of PhotoShop, always have been. I find that I for the most part can figure out what I need within the basic PhotoShop operation list of commands. I recently have had difficulty in changing the canvas size of my image or project, but this is more of a user error.

Recommendations to others considering the product

PhotoShop Elements to me is not the full PhotoShop package. I feel like it is missing something and that this program is not as advanced as what I have been used to. I do not have a say in the type of product I am using, my company has the license and I just use it. If you just need the basics and more, this is the right package. If you are using PhotoShop, you for the most part know what it is all about. With that being said, this package will take care of you just fine.

I create social media images, edit sales documents, create custom logo items from scratch to sell my products to customers. I find that I take control of my designs without having to outsource to someone else to accomplish my needs. I am solving the need to hire someone else, because I can do it myself.

Photoshop Elements review by Gerardo V.
Gerardo V.

"Great editing tool"

What do you like best?

Once you're familiar with Adobe products, it's really easy to adapt to their different solutions and Photoshop Elements is no exception, specially once you are proficient at Adobe Photoshop. Its ease of use makes it easy for beginners and painless for experts. As a graphic designer myself, adding logos on photoshop elements makes my life so much easier.

What do you dislike?

I don't really love the fact that once youre proficient with photoshop, this feels really simple and sometimes you feel like you need to go back to photoshop to finish your edits. I understand Elements makes it easier but sometimes we love complex things. I also think that their photomerge and noise reduction features, could be improved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Higlhy recommend if you like simple. However if you're proficient with Adobe Photoshop you might want to stick to it and all of its features and complexity.

As the editor and art director of Revista Velvet, this kind of software makes my life so much easier as I have a lot of materials to edit and review before they can be used and published.

Photoshop Elements review by Jennifer W.
Jennifer W.

"Nor my favorite"

What do you like best?

I like that it is simple. I like that I can break down an image and do whatever I need to do to make my product.

What do you dislike?

It's not really an easy program to work with. If you are just getting started then this is a program for you and easy to play with, but to have fun and get your pictures just right, you need a lot of time to work with it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

if you want something simple, then this is for you, but if you want to make major changes, then again this isn't for you.

I am able to change my products to fit the needs of my customers. it's simple and it does what i need it to do in a timely manner.

Photoshop Elements review by Rocelin C.
Rocelin C.

"Functional and fast"

What do you like best?

The filters, the editors, do not let lose the resolution of the camera, the shutter speed and the versatility of being able to develop in any mobile device. Color palette, easy to understand and adapt to the application. Effects of luminosity, and ease of effects on photos and images. It maintains its ease in edition palettes suitable for beginner photographers who enter the world of professional photography.

Los filtros, los editores, no deja perder la resoluci贸n de la c谩mara, la velocidad de obturaci贸n y la versatilidad de poder desarrollar en cualquier dispositivo m贸vil. Paleta de colores, facilidad de entender y adaptarse a la aplicaci贸n. Efectos de luminosidad, y facilidad de efectos en las fotos e im谩genes. Mantiene su facilidad en paletas para edici贸n aptas para fot贸grafos principiantes que se adentran al mundo de la fotograf铆a profesional.

What do you dislike?

On some devices the camera takes longer to shutter, more filters are missing to edit photos.

En algunos dispositivos la c谩mara tarda en el tiempo de obturaci贸n, faltan mas filtros para editar fotos

Recommendations to others considering the product

Add more filters and editing options, automatically add photos and folders from the mobile device.

Agregar m谩s filtros y opciones de edici贸n, agregar autom谩ticamente las fotos y carpetas del dispositivo m贸vil.

Edition of photos, the edition of professional approach, is efficient, functional, available for any device and is fast.

Edicion de fotos, la edici贸n de enfoque profesional, es eficiente, funcional, disponible para cualquier dispositivo y es r谩pida.

Photoshop Elements review by User

"Simplified version of Photoshop"

What do you like best?

As a Photoshop novice, Elements has been a great gateway tool for me to get my feet wet with graphic design. I use it on a daily basis for everything from blog posts to email blasts to banner ads, and I've been able to pick it up very quickly!

What do you dislike?

Most of the people at my company have the full version of Photoshop, and at times, it's frustrating because the shortcuts and some of the menu items aren't the same - so I have a difficult time when they try to teach me various tricks in the software using the full version. I'm learning though...

I've been able to be more self-sufficient. I lead the marketing efforts here, and before Elements, I had to borrow resources to create the material I needed. Now I can develop them on my own. Saves time and money.

Photoshop Elements review by Rosie G.
Rosie G.

"For Creative Amateurs "

What do you like best?

I got photoshop elements for my home computer since it's cheaper than the full version and does all the basics I need. I like that it's easy to find and organize photos, and that it has some easy one click fix for when I need to edit a lot of images at once.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really - it doesnt have as many tools as photoshop CC but a lot of those tools I don't use anyways, so in some ways it's nice to have simpler choices. The price might seem high compared to other photo editors but it's still a cheaper version of photoshop cc for the cost minded.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There's some fun sharing tools in addition to photo editing. It's a lower learning curve than photoshop cc which can be nice for some users. It goes much further than other photo editing softwares for more amateur designers.

Photo editing and design. I use it to edit stock photos that we use regularly at work. It helps at work that we can share it on social media afterwards easily.

Photoshop Elements review by Olivia M.
Olivia M.

"Photoshop Elements was a wonderful introduction to the photoshop world"

What do you like best?

I purchased Photoshop Elements in high school when I was just starting to dabble with Graphic Design. It was the perfect stepping stone to the more powerful software that I would receive in college. It helped me become familiar with Photoshop so by the time I went to college, I had a fairly strong grasp on it's capabilities.

What do you dislike?

My version was slow and unreliable. I often had to reboot it.

Photoshop Elements opened up a whole new world of possibilities for me when it came to photo editing. I used tutorials to get a greater grasp on it's potential, and I used it often for both photo editing and photo manipulation. Although I currently don't use Photoshop Elements, I would have no problem going back to using it for basic photo manipulation needs. It has all the necessary basics.

Photoshop Elements review by Amy S.
Amy S.

"Photoshop Elements is perfect for all of my photo editing needs"

What do you like best?

You don't need to be a photo editing expert to use Photoshop Elements. The Quick edit settings help novice editors tone their photos to perfection. And, for those with a bit more experience, the Expert settings give you complete control over the look of your finished images. This makes it a great pro-sumer product.

What do you dislike?

As an educator, I appreciate how there are "training wheels" between Quick and Expert... but at the same time, it makes it easy for students to use those Quick settings as a crutch, and not ever really learn how to use those tools.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it! I have been really happy with Photoshop Elements. Given the limit photo editing I do in my classroom, I found that CC 2015 was too powerful for my needs. This is a perfect tool for someone who needs a photo editing software with SOME bells and whistles, but not something so powerful that it overwhelms.

I use this program in the classroom.

Photoshop Elements review by Danielle S.
Danielle S.

"Photoshop Elements is Okay"

What do you like best?

I like the price point of Adobe Photoshop Elements and the features it offers for that price. However, I do wish that it were a bit more user-friendly. As someone without a background in Photoshop, I find Photoshop Elements to be a good introduction, but many of the icons can be a bit confusing. With a bit of stumbling around, I usually find my way!

What do you dislike?

I wish that Adobe Photoshop Elements had a bit more in the way of explanation or user guides. Other editing programs (like Gimp or Canva) make it easier to understand what you are doing and what the individual icons mean. Photoshop Elements is a bit tricky to figure out. Once you get the hang of it, it gets better. This could all be user error, of course!

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a working knowledge of photo editing and of the Adobe suite of products, you should be okay using Photoshop Elements. It can be a bit tricky if you don't. Read up on the program before you start using it to maximize your experience.

Photoshop Elements is great because of its price point. We are able to do basic editing for our publication with it and don't have to pay a high monthly subscription price for other Adobe products.

Learning about Photoshop Elements?

* We monitor all Photoshop Elements reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.