Photoshop Elements

Adobe Photoshop Elements 14 software combines power and simplicity so you can make your photos look extraordinary.

Work for Photoshop Elements?

Learning about Photoshop Elements?

Photoshop Elements Reviews

Showing 306 Photoshop Elements reviews
Photoshop Elements review by Joanna R.
Joanna R.

"Photography editing"

What do you like best?

Ease of use is important for me. I don't want to have to take weeks of training to use a software. This has tutorials that help.

What do you dislike?

Lots of options to help you do fun things with photos but need more step by step direction. Having a separate screen to guide you through the process would be great and help to master more types of edits.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sizing guidelines would be great.

Designing templates for customer invitations. Ease of saving templates for future use in order to serve customers needs as their needs change. Having a sizing guideline that helps for social media platforms would also be great and help to create templates and avoid sizing issues. The future of social media is changing constantly and the need to have guidelines updated and posted would be a huge benefit for customers.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Photoshop Elements
Photoshop Elements review by Lauren C.
Lauren C.

"Great stripped down version of the real deal"

What do you like best?

Elements does an amazing job of keeping the most crucial features intact while taking away the "extras" in order to lower the price. I'm able to manage all of my arts/design business using just the Elements editor; it has great color processing, the cropping features are great (it is good at picking up on outlines and edges with the lasso and selection tools), and the blending and layering options are still mostly intact from the full version of photoshop.

What do you dislike?

My biggest issue with this program is that it doesn't let you switch between CMYK and RGB coloring, so sometimes if things are being printed it can cause colors to be inaccurate depending on the printer you're using. For web, this is not so much of a problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure you know the difference between RGB and CMYK coloring for your printing needs, and be aware of the limitations of the product.

I use elements to put together product pitches and photography and do graphic design for my business. It's good to make things look clean and streamlined, taking away extraneous elements from the backgrounds or edges of photos. Also, I use the text features to design flyers and ads.

What Photo Editing solution do you use?

Photoshop Elements review by Ashley W.
Ashley W.

"Awesome to Work WIth"

What do you like best?

Unlike Photoshop, I believe that Photoshop Elements is actually more user friendly to someone who had never used the program. I love that it enables you to insert your own actions to use as you wish. Style match is also a cool extra plus to Elements. Also the Group Shot Mode is amazing!! It gives the ability to fix all of my larger wedding group family shots such as families with children especially. Most times there is at least one child that doesn't cooperate with photos, so it allows me to switch faces in bigger groups.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that many people say that Photoshop is too complicated and Photoshop Elements is the easier route. I feel that Elements has a ton of things in itself that can be debated. For instance, I feel that Elements doesn't have the type ability that Photoshop does. It also seems like it does not have the clarity abilities that Photoshop does. I do not like that Elements seems to skim over the more important things that I use for photos, such as clarity.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just sit down and play with it. The more you use it the more comfortable you will be with it.

The business problems that I am solving with Elements is my time frame issue. The benefits of this are that my clients are getting their photos back much quicker than I use to. Weddings that took 8-10 weeks are being completed in 6 or less. Such a relief to have.

Photoshop Elements review by Joshua H.
Joshua H.

"Solid photo editing on a budget. "

What do you like best?

Photoshop Elements is super easy to use. It is great for a beginner to sit down and start using with it's guided mode, and can also be used well be experts who already know more about photo editing. I like that I can see all of the files I'm working on below the editing space and quickly switch between them. It makes for a very efficient and enjoyable workflow!

What do you dislike?

If you're used to full Photoshop, this does feel like it's lacking some features and capabilities. The software runs a bit slow at times while editing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Photoshop elements is a great software! It's perfect for someone just looking to do some simple photo editing or creation of print or digital media. Make sure you check out some tutorials on the software before you dig into it. Of course, go in and play around with it to see what you can do, but at the very least check out some beginner tutorials so that you can discover some of the vast capabilities the software has.

I used Photoshop Elements quite often to design and edit files for print to use for various events our company puts on. I love having Photoshop Elements available for many reasons. It allows me to quickly edit pictures, whether I need to resize, crop, add text and many other things. I also like the multiple file formats that I can choose to export in.

Photoshop Elements review by Ricardo O.
Ricardo O.

"It's one of my go-to programs whenever I get a new project."

What do you like best?

I like how versatile it is. You can do almost anything in there. You can work on drawings, photos, and even videos. You're almost unlimited. Depending on how proficient you are. I can get almost anything done in it. I do think Lightroom is slightly better at editing photos, Photoshop allows for WAY more creativity. I'm really glad they fixed this text problem they were having since the update.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the pixel based artboards are annoying because you can't get clean outcomes on certain things like you would on a vector artboards. Also I wish there was an easier way to deal with artboards like in Illustrator, where you can just create artboards anytime you want. Every update they put out tutorials for the update, and it takes them forever to stop asking if I want a tour or something. Even after I click "No" it still comes up when I start program for a while. Once I click "No" I want to be done.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make the artboard situation easier.

Any time I have to mock something up. When I need to reduce the size of photos. When I do graphics and artwork for the company I work for.

Photoshop Elements review by Alberto E.
Alberto E.

"Very easy and good"

What do you like best?

I like everything about this program, it is necessary that it be used before the user starts working with Photoshop, Photoshop Elements is the start to the editing, it is a simple and simple program but with the necessary tools that besides teaching you and getting started in This world, allows you to create collages and edit photos in a fast way and with professional quality.

What do you dislike?

I feel that the program is a little empty, I think they should add more editing elements but not so advanced so that the program does not lose its essence of simplicity, but it is necessary to add a few tools that allow the user to perform better jobs in all your editing projects.

Recommendations to others considering the product

they will love the program from the moment they use it, it is the perfect program to start editing photos and besides everything very simple and easy to use, with an incredibly good quality in the editions that are made here, it is a 100% recommended program

When it comes to a simple editing job or creating a collage, Photoshop Elements will always be my first choice, it is the program I use the most when I make or send me to do simple works in which I need to edit an image, and I do not really have No complaint about the work I have done here

Photoshop Elements review by Alyssa D.
Alyssa D.

"Photoshop Elements 12"

What do you like best?

I love that Photoshop elements is easy to use for all skill levels with its "Quick", "Guided", and "Expert" settings. I like going between Guided and Expert when I am using the program for different projects. I also like that I am able to save the images in a variety of formats and qualities.

What do you dislike?

The Organizer feature. Occasionally I accidentally click on the Organizer when starting on Photoshop elements. I only use the program for its photo editing and saving capabilities. I organize photos in other programs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend Photoshop Elements if you are a novice-intermediate level photo editor. It's very easy to learn and use.

For my job, I must be able to take cellphone snapshots of museum objects in order to document them. Often times, the photo's are being taken under poor conditions such as bad lighting in the room, or the perspective is skewed in the photo. In Photoshop elements I am able to fix all those little problems and end up with an acceptable finished product. This benefits my institution because I am able to continue using my phone to take quick record shots, instead of having to go through the motions of setting up the objects in a photo studio. Photoshop enables me to fix the photos I take very easily and efficiently.

Photoshop Elements review by Patrick B.
Patrick B.

"Powerful photo editor at a good price"

What do you like best?

Simple user interface that allows the user to make edits quickly and easily. It handles multiple file formats and lets you open in one format and convert to another format easily. There are a multitude of tools to use when editing images. The online help lets the user search for specific things and the online help can provide examples on how to do a particular item.

What do you dislike?

Very little to dislike - the only thing would be missing features which would be accounted for by the lower cost of the scaled down package

Recommendations to others considering the product

One of the best image/photo editors for the price.

I use it to resize images, change the compression to reduce the file size, to fix errors in a picture, to remove items that don't want to be shown - just editing images in general.

Photoshop Elements review by Alexa F.
Alexa F.

"Great for quick photo edits"

What do you like best?

This program is great for making quick adjustments to photos. Often times Photoshop can be moderately overwhelming, or at the very least has so many options that it can be difficult to sort through and find the small thing you're looking for. Photoshop Elements takes away the in-depth pieces and leaves the essentials for quick and easy edits that can be exported directly.

What do you dislike?

Photoshop Elements is basically a more expensive version of Windows photo editor. It's easy to use and helpful in some circumstances, but it is most likely an upscale version of something that came pre-downloaded on your computer. It's great if you already pay to use the Cloud, but no necessarily something I would pay for as a stand alone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Photoshop Elements is great if you are already a customer or considering becoming a customer of Adobe Creative Cloud, but as a stand alone product, there's a good chance that you already have something similar downloaded on your computer.

I use it frequently for photos that simply need brightened or darkened on a moments notice. I typically prefer Lightroom for quickly editing in bulk, but Photohop Elements allows you to focus on one image at a time and quickly change and save for other uses.

Photoshop Elements review by Edgar O.
Edgar O.

"Watered down Adobe Photoshop"

What do you like best?

It seems to me the whole point and existence of Adobe Photoshop Elements is to provide a watered down, more basic and simple version of the complete Photoshop that is simple enough for somebody's grandma to use. And you know what? That's a good thing. Sometimes you want something more advanced than the abilities of your phone's baked in photo editing tools, but not something so complicated that the average user is going to spend hours just figuring out how to use their software.

What do you dislike?

For a watered down version of Photoshop, the price sure doesn't show it that way. While Elements does away with the subscription based pricing of Adobe's more expensive and advanced software, it seems to be overpriced for what you get, especially when free options like GIMP and dozens of others are available.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Think about what you really want and need out of a photo and image editing software, and then give the free trial a whirl. Adobe is pretty great when it comes to letting you try before you buy.

I gave Photoshop Elements a whirl on a free trial when I wanted to take a break for paying for Photoshop, and before I started using GIMP when I was between projects. While it could do the most basic of things that I used Photoshop for (image creation for software icons, etc.), it ultimately didn't have what I was looking for in terms of graphic design. As mentioned previously though, it's more-so not marketed towards my uses.

Photoshop Elements review by Nick T.
Nick T.

"All the Photoshop fun on a budget"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that the user gets near full Photoshop functionality. You don't get all the bells and whistles but you get all the editing power you need. I've used pro versions so I definitely have a frame of reference to work from.

What do you dislike?

Really the only thing missing is some of the filters and automated functions you'd get with the full version. This is sometimes a bummer, but I really didn't expect to get everything with elements anyway.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it. It's not quite full Photoshop, but it's close. You can't beat it for the money.

I work for a church and buying the full version of Photoshop wasn't in the budget. I am an experienced Photoshop user so I figured I could navigate my way around elements and make it work for us. Elements has been a huge benefit. It gives me what I need but with a budget price.

Photoshop Elements review by Andrew V. T.
Andrew V. T.

""Photoshop Elements, it's cool.""

What do you like best?

An outstanding feature is the conscious content movement tool. This feature allows you to select a person or object and move it to another place. The Content Aware function fills in the hole where the person used to be. This is probably the best object removal tool on the market, but sometimes it can take some attempts to function properly.

The content-aware tool works incredibly well to eliminate unwanted objects and fill space credibly.

What do you dislike?

This program does not have an easy HDR tool, but you can create HDR images by merging photographs with different exposure levels and The software photo organizer is a separate application.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Adobe Photoshop Elements is a good choice for both beginners and veteran photographers. With an extensive set of tools, experts can find the features they need, and beginners can learn to use the software using the program's guided mode function.

With an extensive set of tools and editing capabilities, Adobe Photoshop Elements can help you retouch your photos or transform them completely. Elements has the organization and editing tools that you will see in the most sophisticated photo editing software, but with the price and ease of use of a basic product.

Well, I usually use it for my corporate work as well as for my independent work, usually to edit photos for publication.

Good in my personal opinion Editing graphics to use on websites is much easier using this tool than others I have tried.

Photoshop Elements review by Gary H.
Gary H.

"Most everything you need in photo editing software without the big price"

What do you like best?

Photoshop Elements is very reasonably priced, and has most of the Photoshop tools that I used with the complete program. When I purchased it, it came bundled with Premiere Elements, which is a companion video-editing software. I'm still using Elements 11, but may upgrade soon. But, truly this version continues to serve my needs well.

What do you dislike?

It does lack some of the program components that come with its higher-priced "parent," Photoshop, so if you're used to the full version, you'll find a few things lacking or perhaps a bit more cumbersome to accomplish. It's easier working with layers and other more advanced options in the full version of Photoshop, but it gets the job done for a good price.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Many times, Photoshop Elements comes bundled with Premiere Elements, which is a pretty good video editing software option. As for Elements, if you're looking for a budget-friendly photo-editing software, I'd recommend it. Elements does almost everything I need it to do, including some automation for a batch of photos.

I can make my photographs look more vibrant by enhancing the colors, adjusting brightness/contrast, etc. You can create text overlays and more. Elements 11 (several years old) has different modes (quick, guided, and expert) for varying levels of program expertise. Without this software, my photos would not "pop" the way they do after using Elements. It's user-friendly and helps me get the job done fast, which is always helpful on the job.

Photoshop Elements review by Zack M.
Zack M.

"Photoshop is a great tool for editing visuals"

What do you like best?

There are seemingly endless possibilities. If you can dream it, you can almost definitely create it in photoshop. Photoshop is not something you can just pick up and start using. However, the internet is absolutely laden with video and written tutorials on pretty much any Photoshop task. You are not limited to other design tools by the program, because often there are multiple ways to achieve the desired result.

What do you dislike?

There is no easy crop tool like most other software. It sometimes drives me crazy that I have to crop things in word or preview then import to Photoshop, but that's the most major flaw in the program in my opinion. Minor flaws include time to master Photoshop. There are endless possibilities, but it can take a long time to learn everything you need to master the program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Does anything you want, but does also take time to learn

Designing visuals and videos are the main problems Photoshop helps me with. Visuals include banners, images for email communications, infographics thumbnails, and videos. Greater interaction with clients would be the most major benefit. When your content is visually pleasing, people are much more likely to engage with you. As a result, we have incredible open rates and click-through rates on our communications. Other benefits include creating better points to your partners via infographics, creating a better user experience for our customers on our web pages, and generating an expectation of excellence within our company for our team.

Photoshop Elements review by Connor B.
Connor B.

"Basic but powerful and easy to use"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, and power to create designs and logos with minimal training/expertise.

What do you dislike?

Lacks some features. The built-in photo effects are outdated; I'd never use them for a project.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Photoshop Elements is a powerful tool for designing, creating, and editing graphics, logos, and pictures. It is cheaper than Photoshop and easier to use, but it does not include all of the bells and whistles of Photoshop.

I am able to design and create my own marketing materials rather than outsourcing the labor at a high cost. With no formal training and basic design skills, I've used Elements to create logos, flyers, brochures, and even a trade show tent design. These would have cost thousands to hire a freelancer to create.

Photoshop Elements review by Vikram D.
Vikram D.

"Tool that detect the best in you gallery."

What do you like best?

To me Photoshop element comes as a set with the license of adobe software i purchased. I primary do prefer Photoshop as a editing tool but i am really impress with what adobe has done with the elements.

It is a quick way to edit and fix images with problems like closed eyes.

Its organizer is also quite well and also tags photos with its facial recognition. You can fill the holes, add or subtract objects easily, move or change perspective and many more.

What do you dislike?

Analyzing is not up to the mark. It do recognize face and tag images and catalog it according to its composition and quality but at the end you have to trust the eye. Sometime it select an overexposed image over a good image as its best shot.

Used it as a way to filter images from the pile of image clicked through camera, especially the burst shots and the multiple photos of same groups.

Photoshop Elements review by Jamie Lynn P.
Jamie Lynn P.

"Watered down, easier version of Photoshop - great for beginners!"

What do you like best?

Photoshop Elements is a great introduction to Photoshop. In reality, if you are a beginner, with how deep and complex the full version of Photoshop is, Elements is honestly the perfect solution for so many people out there that are not advanced Photoshop users. Elements takes the super complex parts of out of Photoshop and leaves a cleaner and simpler version of Photoshop. Not only that, but the price tag is significantly lower as well!

What do you dislike?

I really don't like the limitations of Photoshop Elements compared to regular Photoshop, but honestly, that's exactly what the product intends to be. I'm an advanced Photoshop User so Elements isn't a product I spend much time on so critiquing it in this fashion is honestly just not fair. Realistically it's a great program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you haven't yet taken a leap towards buying the full version of Photoshop and are scared by the price tag; take a deep look into Photoshop Elements. The full version of Photoshop is very deep and complex and to master it and get the most out of it, you would really need to spend a great deal of time educating yourself on the program. If you don't have the time to invest in learning a very complex program but still want the same results, Photoshop Elements is a beautiful and very affordable alternative. I highly recommend it to beginner photographers and graphic artists.

I was able to learn Photoshop Elements and program my Photoshop Actions to be usable in Elements and still provide a decent level of service to my customers (I sold Photoshop Actions and taught basic Photoshop Classes). In so many ways, the full version of Photoshop is unnecessary for so many users and Elements is the perfect platform for a lot of people, which was true for many of my customers.

Photoshop Elements review by Jennie R.
Jennie R.

"Easy image editing and creation"

What do you like best?

Photoshop Elements is great for quick fixes to images or creating a simple graphic fast.

What do you dislike?

I have both Photoshop and Photoshop Elements. There is really nothing to dislike for me personally about Elements, because if I need to do something more advanced (which is rare) I can switch to Photoshop. For me, Elements is generally all I need to use, and I really don't have any dislikes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want a Pro program, use the full version of Photoshop. But for simple image editing, this is a quick and easy program to use.

Changing color profiles on images so I can insert them into a video editing project, adding text when needed, cropping/editing/fixing an image before using it.Resizing images to use online.

Photoshop Elements review by Internal Consultant
Internal Consultant

"Great for Novice Users"

What do you like best?

I am an experienced user of Photoshop, so my usage of this program is mostly for when I need a quick photo edit. It's easy to use, versatile and pretty powerful. It contains helpful guided edits as you go. It also provides excellent digital asset management. I like the tagging system which has improved. It helps quickly and easily search photos later.

Smart Tags is my favorite feature. It will take longer to upload your images since the program is assessing each image during upload.

What do you dislike?

The program can be a little slow. Guided edits aren't integrated into the expert mode and there are limited sharing options. Sharing options is important to me since the whole point of using the program is to be quick about getting the images out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

With the three different modes (Quick, Guided, and Expert), this is suitable for everyone. It is easy to use the Quick and Guided features. The Expert mode can be challenging, but there are tons of free online materials to help you.

I utilize Elements as a quick editing tool when needed. It saves me time in the long run which matters when I don't have a lot to do and I'm on a deadline.

Photoshop Elements review by Anna C.
Anna C.

"Simple, but may as well go for the big thing"

What do you like best?

Super simple to use and gives you a taste of the real thing. It's the baby version of Photoshop at a fraction of the cost, but still delivers on use. It has a lot of the same features that allow you to do basic photo editing.

What do you dislike?

Not really worth it in the end. You may as well either go full out and get a subscription for Photoshop / the Adobe Suite. Honestly, the price ends up being worth it. Elements has features of Photoshop that can also be found using programs like GIMP or Pixlr which are free.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I really think it is a good program if you don't want to commit to Photoshop, but I recommend you consider just going with Photoshop and learning that program.

Photoshop Elements is a good in between if you want to get ready for the real deal. I find it helps with the same things Photoshop does but has limited features. You can still create and edit advertisements, but the turnout isn't worth the $80 price tag.

Photoshop Elements review by Mary V.
Mary V.

"Excellent creator and editor of images "

What do you like best?

To be precise, photoshop elements is an alternative to the well-known Photoshop, but as the name implies, with the essential or elementary features to create or edit photographs and images. It is much simpler to use since many of the functions of Photoshop were simplified in this other tool, so it may be ideal for some users looking to perform specific tasks, as they can be done much more easily.

What do you dislike?

Its price is quite high to be a more critical tool, for this reason I prefer to stay with Photoshop, in addition to its software is quite heavy because it is a very powerful tool, which is why some computers may fail to run this program .

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's pretty good, but personally I'm left with Photoshop, since I do not think it's necessary to spend money on two prgoramas that are practically the same.

I have sometimes implemented this tool in my work to edit one or another image when I was testing the program, and the truth is that I have been quite satisfied with its usefulness and it can be very useful.

Photoshop Elements review by Alanna G.
Alanna G.

"Budget Friendly Professional Editing for All Levels"

What do you like best?

Photoshop can be daunting if you are new to editing or software. Elements provides a user friendly experience that is relatively intuitive. The software has many options to guide you through the editing process. I often use it if I'm on a time crunch and need a quick, professional edit. It is a great option for novice to intermediate users or someone on a budget. Photoshop Elements does a great job with auto organizing and social shares.

What do you dislike?

Elements does not have all of the bells and whistles of full Photoshop. At times, it can feel too stripped down. Complicated or in-depth editing requires a different version of Photoshop. The program could use a few more tools to maintain the feel of Photoshop. That being said, it is a great version for quick fixes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Elements is a great program for beginners to intermediate users. It is a budget friendly version of the more involved options of Photoshop. If you need quick fixes or less involved editing, this is your program.

Photoshop Elements has been beneficial to my company in many ways. It saves time when we need a quick, professional edit. Elements has shortened our turnover time and helped us with efficiency. We are able to produce marketing materials in a pinch with this version of Photoshop.

Photoshop Elements review by Preethi M.
Preethi M.

"Has great apps for phones/tablets!"

What do you like best?

It's great for beginner "Graphic designers" because it simplifies some photoshop elements that are hard to understand and it's very easy to use. I love to use it on the go because it has tablet compatible apps so I can use it on my Ipad.

What do you dislike?

That it is a bit pricey, almost like photoshop so there's not a lot of difference in price between the two applications. Also is limiting, if you know how to use some more advanced features that photoshop has to offer

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you don't think you'll use a lot of the other features in Photoshop (more advanced, etc.) I would get photoshop elements because it has the basics and is easy to use!

For making marketing materials - making ads, graphics, and resizing photographs especially when you're not an experienced graphic designer, it really comes in handy because almost anyone can easily learn how to use the tools.

Photoshop Elements review by Kerianne O.
Kerianne O.

"A great way to introduce Adobe software to a newbie"

What do you like best?

The limited amount of functions to not overwhelm someone just starting out with graphic design/photo editing. This software was perfect for when I was learning graphic design in high school and was able to download elements for free on my personal computer at home. I definitely became more advanced being able to access the software at home as well as in school. Adobe does have student discounts for college students, but I think with the technology being found more and more in high schools, they should really re-think how to also offer them some type of deal.

What do you dislike?

That there's no use for it for someone more advance in Photoshop. It's a tool that you will use for a year or less, and eventually move on to bigger, better things. It would be interesting if this was a staple software in the adobe suite that had needed functions that other products did not have.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great tool to help you jump into a new career/hobby as a graphic designer, photo editor, etc. But after becoming more skilled in this product - you will need to eventually upgrade to Photoshop.

I don't think elements is used in business at all. I think of it used in schools and for personal use. The benefits of using it in schools is that it gives a great way to start out in the design field. Personal use is great because it is cheap and has enough functionality to do basic things.

Photoshop Elements review by Keren L.
Keren L.

"Excellent photo editor, powerful and intuitive. "

What do you like best?

It is a very powerful photo editing tool that has a good number of Photoshop features, but with a more directed approach to photography. It has a very intuitive interface that allows to make the editing work a very friendly and simple task. It is ideal for inexperienced users since it has a system of tutorials that help the user to become familiar with the tool and use it in a more professional way. It is also very good to implement it as a professional work tool.

What do you dislike?

Personally, I would not pay for this tool, since it has the elementary Photoshop, so for a user who already uses photoshop it would be a waste of money to have two tools with the same characteristics, in addition to their price and their system Licensing is quite annoying, a negative feature that all Adobe tools possess.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It has the essential tools to manipulate or edit photographs, if you are currently a user of photoshop, believe me that this tool is not necessary for you.

I have used it on multiple occasions, mostly to test it and know how it works, using its testing period, since it does not appeal to me to implement it in my work and make a profit from it.

Photoshop Elements review by Harlan R.
Harlan R.

"A higher-end photo library.."

What do you like best?

Adobe has really been trying to bring the functionality of it's most prized product Photoshop to the everyday user. It's a great tool for anyone looking to do simple photo editing. It's a great introduction into the Adobe community and helps get you involved in their Creative Cloud platform. Photoshop Elements implements a feature that allows you organize your photos based on face recognition, places, etc. This may be Adobe's way to compete against giants such as Google, Facebook & Apple. They do a pretty decent job with the interface but it's nothing we haven't seen before.

What do you dislike?

It's not great for the professional already using Photoshop, or an individual already established in the Adobe community.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you haven't already been using Photoshop, give this app a try first to see if it's what you're looking for in photo editing/design. Software of course is just personal preference, art is derived from the artist.

I'm able to quickly adjust certain things within a single app that can be easily migrated across all of the Adobe ecosystem.

Photoshop Elements review by User

"My go to software for photo editing"

What do you like best?

Ease of merging photos, scanning and separating multiple photos, the "remove color cast" which Photoshop does not have, adjustable grid lines, the ability to adjust facial features , remove unwanted objects in photos and ability to edit people in group shots.I also like the fact that I only have to pay for the license once - no annual fee and can use without the internet.

What do you dislike?

I can't seem to identify anything to dislike - especially with the 2018 version. The latest version seems to cover all the routine tasks that I currently need to perform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For the price, I would seriously recommend trying Photoshop Elements before purchasing Photoshop to see if it meets your needs. Especially good for small companies.

Mostly editing photos for marketing materials and websites. Easy to use. Good tutorials. I often have to correct and enhance field photos of architectural exteriors and interiors taken by non professionals. I can merge photos, delete unwanted objects and change backgrounds.

Photoshop Elements review by Udaya N.
Udaya N.

"Photoshop it is an amazing tool"

What do you like best?

Photoshop elements is very flexible and can be used very easily. By using Photoshop we can create logos, website templates, banners, image manipulations and many more. Beginners can also learn easily by surfing through google or by using user's guide.

What do you dislike?

Updated versions price is not is not in the range of a common man. I have faced one issue while changing the measurements in history but at last i could able to found as they are hidden by small arrow. So these small small issues we face in the new version. While creating the gif files also i was unable to found from were to import files and were they are getting added. There are lot of changes compared to one version to one version of Photoshop.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes i recommend Photoshop software to all my colleagues and friends as i like it very much.

I have used Photoshop as a freelancer were i was able to make out some money through that. It is more helpful for small scale business people like photographers and many other in creating banners, editing or image manipulation purpose and adding text and editing the backgrounds for events, parties, and cultural events. In my company i create many e mailers also branding purpose were we promote our business through social media websites also. In this way it is very useful to each and every individual who have the passion towards desigining.

Photoshop Elements review by Dr. Panther J. F.
Dr. Panther J. F.

"Very good for ease of use, bad for some features"

What do you like best?

Adobe Elements is one of the first programs I used for editing video, and I still use it, along with more powerful tools, because of its ease of use. For comparison, I also use Adobe Premiere Pro and Adobe After Effects. Adobe Premiere Pro is much more powerful, especially for global color correction, but it is far less intuitive, and quite a bit more picky about the types of video files it will accept. Similarly, Adobe After Effects is necessary for much of the titling work I do. However, the version I use insists on creating each rendered file as an uncompressed video file (ie, 2-10 GB per file), and the simplest way to compress these files is just to render and export them again in Adobe Premiere Elements. So for now, while I have more powerful tools, I still use Adobe Elements for all my basic, simple video editing.

What do you dislike?

3 major problems with Adobe Premiere Elements. 1, It will not allow you to change the resolution of the project. Did you accidentally set the project settings wrong before beginning your work? You're going to have to do the ENTIRE PROJECT OVER AGAIN! There is absolutely no way to change the settings, nor to even export and re-import them into a project with the right settings. OOPS!

2. Premiere Elements will override the settings you chose based on some of the files you import, unless a tiny box "force selected settings on to this project." is checked. If not checked, and you use different frame rate or size video clips in your project, you'll again have a video project which cannot be resized, and you have to do EVERYTHING ALL OVER AGAIN!

3. Adobe Premiere has a nasty habit of making global adjustments, including in other tracks, when you're working on one track, when you delete a clip or resize one. It's trying to be helpful, but it's a very unhelpful feature, and has cause me to have to redo large amounts of my video projects because the timing of audio and video was thrown off by a small adjustment I made in one track. I wish they would fix this feature.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As a useful tool for doing the easy work, it's been very useful to me, and may be to you as well.

It is a very useful tool for easy video editing, especially projects that I can give to my assistants. The more complicated tasks I tend to do myself, and often require more advanced video tools like the ones mentioned above.

Photoshop Elements review by User in Consumer Goods
User in Consumer Goods

"Powerful, comprehensive, affordable--with a learning curve"

What do you like best?

Create graphic designs with a few clicks that look like a graphic designer created them. There is more packed into this software than the casual user might ever need, but it's available if you do. There are many free tutorials available on the web.

What do you dislike?

There is a fairly steep learning curve, it's not very intuitive, and very few HELP tools available onboard.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are not familiar with how layers works, be prepared to spend some time getting to know this. In fact, be prepared to spend time learning how to use the app, but realize each time you have a new task, you'll be adding another "tool" to your toolbag!

Creating professional looking graphics, signs, ads, handouts and other marketing tools is really possible without too much hassle or expense. The name implies it's used for photos, and it can be...but I use it more for creating and altering graphics, or adjusting size and shape of photos for use in marketing materials rather than "photoshopping" the photograph itself.

Photoshop Elements review by Henry K.
Henry K.

"Professional grade tools in a consumer grade product"

What do you like best?

I enjoyed the fact that elements has many of the tools that the full version of photoshop offers. Having the ability to learn on a cheaper program/platform allowed me to later on in life move up to the full version and hit the ground running.

What do you dislike?

At times I became frustrated that certain tools weren't fully capable in elements or weren't available at all. While I understand the reasoning behind this, it made certain tasks a pain which would normally require a work around. For basic editing and graphic design, however, elements did the trick.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are doing minimal editing and getting into working with photo editing, elements is an excellent tool to get started without having to pay the monthly fee for a year contract to have access to the full photoshop. Elements will give you all the tools to get you started and allow you to jump up to the full version in the future if you ever need to. For those looking to jump right into the professional realm, however, I would recommend skipping over Elements and diving right in. This is a piece of software for those wanting to simple dabble in photo editing at the novice level with sights set far down the road of moving up to the full version.

Not having to use programs such as GIMP was a major improvement and as previously mentioned, being able to jump up to the full version with little-to-no learning curve was a major plus.

Photoshop Elements review by Holly L.
Holly L.

"Love This Standalone Adobe Product!"

What do you like best?

First and foremost, I love that this is still a standalone program vs. the rest of the Adobe Creative Suite, which is now only available through a cloud subscription. This is a "lite" version of Photoshop, perfect for the more casual user who wants to tidy up photos (remove red eye, etc.), resize, manipulate logos and other graphics, open and save a variety of graphics formats, and venture a bit into some graphic design. I use this for work at a small nonprofit for tasks such as reconfiguring logos into different formats (color changes, orientation) for use on social media and various print materials, as well as for work and personal use to crop photos, remove color cast and redeye, adjust lighting, and convert to monochrome, different formats, etc.

What do you dislike?

There are some features that are difficult to access and features that are unavailable in this simplified version of the program. That said, the more casual user (read: not a hardcore designer) will find this easier to use and be surprised at what can be accomplished with a software that is "incomplete." A more seasoned veteran would be able to use this to dispatch with any number of tasks with extreme efficiency.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a workhorse that gives you flexibility with greater ease of use than full-blown Photoshop, this is your solution! While an experienced designer accustomed to working in Photoshop or other design software might be frustrated by some "missing features" in Elements, less experienced users or those with more limited needs for output should be happy with the app/software's capabilities. There is a learning curve if you are not familiar with Photoshop or other design software, but there are many good tutorials online that can help you navigate this program and learn the basics.

We produce our own brochures, newsletters and other promotional materials in house. Having Photoshop Elements makes it possible for me to reconfigure and size logos to suit various formats, including social media, widgets, creative headers, etc. It's very affordable as a standalone app/software, putting it well within reach of smaller businesses, individuals and nonprofits.

Photoshop Elements review by Eric S.
Eric S.

"Great program for photo editing"

What do you like best?

Photoshop Elements is a great photo editing program for people who don't want the complexity or the cost of the full fledged version of Photoshop.

What do you dislike?

It's easier to use than the full version of Photoshop, but the interface still needs needs some improvement--mostly to make it easier to use and find the feature you're looking for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's much more affordable than the full version of Photoshop, but it's also not as powerful (or complicated).

It's a nice program for editing photos and graphics. It handles most of what I need to do.

Photoshop Elements review by Mahtab T.
Mahtab T.

"A good basic program for editing"

What do you like best?

While Photoshop Elements does not have the full length of tools that Photoshop does, it has great features that enables you to create amazing edits. It also allows for multiple layers to be used in order to edit different projects. The usability is easy, so user interface is easy enough to learn by requires a bit of time.

What do you dislike?

What someone may like about this program may be the limited options it has compared to regular Photoshop. I also dislike the availability, or the lack of, different usable colors. The limit of colors really hinders how many projects you can color in. The program is really better for things such as editing photos, rather than drawing out photos and artwork.

Recommendations to others considering the product

One important thing is that it takes time to figure out how to use the materials and tools you have access to through Photoshop Elements. It is not a quick and easy program to use. Once you figure out how to use it, you can do many things.

It helps us edit photos to use for our website and to create designs for marketing and for student projects. It allows for in depth and focused editing to be done. It is difficult for students to use, but staff has learned the program and can use it with relative ease.

Photoshop Elements review by shambhavi k.
shambhavi k.

"Photoshop Elements"

What do you like best?

Adobe Photoshop Elements is a raster graphics editor for entry-level photographers, image editors and hobbyists. It contains most of the features of the professional version but with fewer and simpler options. The program allows users to create, edit, organize and share images.It was very useful for beginners who are learning about photoshop and any other photoediting software..

What do you dislike?

The software's photo organizer is a separate application.You have to download that application for organizer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very easy to use and use this if your project does not need complicated editing.

I use for small editing and for those projects which does not require complicated tools like photoshop has.

Photoshop Elements review by Rachel C.
Rachel C.

"PSE is an essential program!!"

What do you like best?

Photoshop elements helps you to be able to resize, change color, cut out things, create transparent backgrounds, make professional pictures for websites, print, and any media you may need. Even 3D is possible in PSE.

What do you dislike?

I think that it can be overwhelming for someone who is not used to how the program works. Possibly an icon legend would be good to help people identify what they are doing. Also the 3D programming could use some tweaking to make it more user friendly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look at what you need to accomplish, and then how comfortable you are with the adobe products. You can look at video tutorials for all Adobe products and if you get the CC suite it is easy to switch between programs to get the desired outcome, but be prepared to spend the time getting there.

I use it for a ton of things. It is my go to program for photos. I can take shots with a green screen and then use PSE to make them into whatever we may need them to be.

Photoshop Elements review by Joshua G.
Joshua G.

"Great lightweight Product for video editing and imaging"

What do you like best?

This is a great affordable platform and an alternative to the creative cloud suite that you purchase online. Ive owned a few different versions of the Elements platform with Elements 10 being my favorite. The thing I like about these products is that they provide the basics in what you need without all the bells and whistles of the full blown program. Theyre much easier to use and understand so the learning curve isn't as hard as creative cloud.

What do you dislike?

With that being said, its a very limited set of user tools in both Photoshop and Premiere Elements. You can't really do multiple camera edits unless you try to manually sync the audio in Premiere, there is limited transitions and graphics that are built in are kinda cheesy. In Photoshop, it's a bit better, they still give you layers and the ability to easily scale things, but you don't get as many formats to work with unlike the full blown Photoshop.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are starting out in the Adobe platform, Elements is a great way to get your feet wet and learn the basics. If you're a seasoned pro, having Elements on a lower end laptop for light work makes best here, otherwise, get creative cloud.

Been using Photoshop Elements to create basic graphics for Facebook banners, online advertisements and things of that nature. For video production, Elements is better for Facebook videos in my opinion, as long as they don't require a lot of editing, its great for the $100-$149 price point.

Photoshop Elements review by Janet C.
Janet C.

"Powerful and full-featured image editing software"

What do you like best?

This software used to be considered the 'light' version of Photoshop, but it is very full-featured and everything most people will need to manage photo and image requirements for web or light print use.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't handle layer groups. There are low-cost, 3rd party extensions available to handle this functionality, however.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are several online classes and community college classes to get started with Photoshop Elements. I recommend this because it can be overwhelming at first. Additionally, you can choose 'quick', 'guided' or 'expert' levels to assist you with using and learning the product.

I use Photoshop elements exclusively for all of my website, blog, and e-commerce photos.

Photoshop Elements review by Andrew J. W.
Andrew J. W.

"I cannot live without Photoshop Elements"

What do you like best?

Being a PhotoShop user for over 10 years, PhotoShop Elements provides me with all of the design and creation tools I need. I easily import and export files as needed. I typically know what I need to do in my head before using PhotoShop Elements to create my final result. The basic brushes, filters, fonts and operations that come standard are more than I typically need to create my project.

What do you dislike?

I am a big fan of PhotoShop, always have been. I find that I for the most part can figure out what I need within the basic PhotoShop operation list of commands. I recently have had difficulty in changing the canvas size of my image or project, but this is more of a user error.

Recommendations to others considering the product

PhotoShop Elements to me is not the full PhotoShop package. I feel like it is missing something and that this program is not as advanced as what I have been used to. I do not have a say in the type of product I am using, my company has the license and I just use it. If you just need the basics and more, this is the right package. If you are using PhotoShop, you for the most part know what it is all about. With that being said, this package will take care of you just fine.

I create social media images, edit sales documents, create custom logo items from scratch to sell my products to customers. I find that I take control of my designs without having to outsource to someone else to accomplish my needs. I am solving the need to hire someone else, because I can do it myself.

Photoshop Elements review by Gerardo V.
Gerardo V.

"Great editing tool"

What do you like best?

Once you're familiar with Adobe products, it's really easy to adapt to their different solutions and Photoshop Elements is no exception, specially once you are proficient at Adobe Photoshop. Its ease of use makes it easy for beginners and painless for experts. As a graphic designer myself, adding logos on photoshop elements makes my life so much easier.

What do you dislike?

I don't really love the fact that once youre proficient with photoshop, this feels really simple and sometimes you feel like you need to go back to photoshop to finish your edits. I understand Elements makes it easier but sometimes we love complex things. I also think that their photomerge and noise reduction features, could be improved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Higlhy recommend if you like simple. However if you're proficient with Adobe Photoshop you might want to stick to it and all of its features and complexity.

As the editor and art director of Revista Velvet, this kind of software makes my life so much easier as I have a lot of materials to edit and review before they can be used and published.

Photoshop Elements review by Jennifer W.
Jennifer W.

"Nor my favorite"

What do you like best?

I like that it is simple. I like that I can break down an image and do whatever I need to do to make my product.

What do you dislike?

It's not really an easy program to work with. If you are just getting started then this is a program for you and easy to play with, but to have fun and get your pictures just right, you need a lot of time to work with it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

if you want something simple, then this is for you, but if you want to make major changes, then again this isn't for you.

I am able to change my products to fit the needs of my customers. it's simple and it does what i need it to do in a timely manner.

Photoshop Elements review by Rocelin C.
Rocelin C.

"Functional and fast"

What do you like best?

The filters, the editors, do not let lose the resolution of the camera, the shutter speed and the versatility of being able to develop in any mobile device. Color palette, easy to understand and adapt to the application. Effects of luminosity, and ease of effects on photos and images. It maintains its ease in edition palettes suitable for beginner photographers who enter the world of professional photography.

Los filtros, los editores, no deja perder la resolución de la cámara, la velocidad de obturación y la versatilidad de poder desarrollar en cualquier dispositivo móvil. Paleta de colores, facilidad de entender y adaptarse a la aplicación. Efectos de luminosidad, y facilidad de efectos en las fotos e imágenes. Mantiene su facilidad en paletas para edición aptas para fotógrafos principiantes que se adentran al mundo de la fotografía profesional.

What do you dislike?

On some devices the camera takes longer to shutter, more filters are missing to edit photos.

En algunos dispositivos la cámara tarda en el tiempo de obturación, faltan mas filtros para editar fotos

Recommendations to others considering the product

Add more filters and editing options, automatically add photos and folders from the mobile device.

Agregar más filtros y opciones de edición, agregar automáticamente las fotos y carpetas del dispositivo móvil.

Edition of photos, the edition of professional approach, is efficient, functional, available for any device and is fast.

Edicion de fotos, la edición de enfoque profesional, es eficiente, funcional, disponible para cualquier dispositivo y es rápida.

Photoshop Elements review by User

"Simplified version of Photoshop"

What do you like best?

As a Photoshop novice, Elements has been a great gateway tool for me to get my feet wet with graphic design. I use it on a daily basis for everything from blog posts to email blasts to banner ads, and I've been able to pick it up very quickly!

What do you dislike?

Most of the people at my company have the full version of Photoshop, and at times, it's frustrating because the shortcuts and some of the menu items aren't the same - so I have a difficult time when they try to teach me various tricks in the software using the full version. I'm learning though...

I've been able to be more self-sufficient. I lead the marketing efforts here, and before Elements, I had to borrow resources to create the material I needed. Now I can develop them on my own. Saves time and money.

Photoshop Elements review by Rose G.
Rose G.

"For Creative Amateurs "

What do you like best?

I got photoshop elements for my home computer since it's cheaper than the full version and does all the basics I need. I like that it's easy to find and organize photos, and that it has some easy one click fix for when I need to edit a lot of images at once.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really - it doesnt have as many tools as photoshop CC but a lot of those tools I don't use anyways, so in some ways it's nice to have simpler choices. The price might seem high compared to other photo editors but it's still a cheaper version of photoshop cc for the cost minded.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There's some fun sharing tools in addition to photo editing. It's a lower learning curve than photoshop cc which can be nice for some users. It goes much further than other photo editing softwares for more amateur designers.

Photo editing and design. I use it to edit stock photos that we use regularly at work. It helps at work that we can share it on social media afterwards easily.

Photoshop Elements review by Olivia M.
Olivia M.

"Photoshop Elements was a wonderful introduction to the photoshop world"

What do you like best?

I purchased Photoshop Elements in high school when I was just starting to dabble with Graphic Design. It was the perfect stepping stone to the more powerful software that I would receive in college. It helped me become familiar with Photoshop so by the time I went to college, I had a fairly strong grasp on it's capabilities.

What do you dislike?

My version was slow and unreliable. I often had to reboot it.

Photoshop Elements opened up a whole new world of possibilities for me when it came to photo editing. I used tutorials to get a greater grasp on it's potential, and I used it often for both photo editing and photo manipulation. Although I currently don't use Photoshop Elements, I would have no problem going back to using it for basic photo manipulation needs. It has all the necessary basics.

Photoshop Elements review by Amy S.
Amy S.

"Photoshop Elements is perfect for all of my photo editing needs"

What do you like best?

You don't need to be a photo editing expert to use Photoshop Elements. The Quick edit settings help novice editors tone their photos to perfection. And, for those with a bit more experience, the Expert settings give you complete control over the look of your finished images. This makes it a great pro-sumer product.

What do you dislike?

As an educator, I appreciate how there are "training wheels" between Quick and Expert... but at the same time, it makes it easy for students to use those Quick settings as a crutch, and not ever really learn how to use those tools.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it! I have been really happy with Photoshop Elements. Given the limit photo editing I do in my classroom, I found that CC 2015 was too powerful for my needs. This is a perfect tool for someone who needs a photo editing software with SOME bells and whistles, but not something so powerful that it overwhelms.

I use this program in the classroom.

Photoshop Elements review by Danielle S.
Danielle S.

"Photoshop Elements is Okay"

What do you like best?

I like the price point of Adobe Photoshop Elements and the features it offers for that price. However, I do wish that it were a bit more user-friendly. As someone without a background in Photoshop, I find Photoshop Elements to be a good introduction, but many of the icons can be a bit confusing. With a bit of stumbling around, I usually find my way!

What do you dislike?

I wish that Adobe Photoshop Elements had a bit more in the way of explanation or user guides. Other editing programs (like Gimp or Canva) make it easier to understand what you are doing and what the individual icons mean. Photoshop Elements is a bit tricky to figure out. Once you get the hang of it, it gets better. This could all be user error, of course!

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a working knowledge of photo editing and of the Adobe suite of products, you should be okay using Photoshop Elements. It can be a bit tricky if you don't. Read up on the program before you start using it to maximize your experience.

Photoshop Elements is great because of its price point. We are able to do basic editing for our publication with it and don't have to pay a high monthly subscription price for other Adobe products.

Photoshop Elements review by User in Writing and Editing
User in Writing and Editing

"My go-to software for many tasks"

What do you like best?

The simplicity of Elements makes it a must-have.

What do you dislike?

Wish it had CMYK support for printing. And that it allowed custom brushes. I don't like the Organizer and wish there were an option to disable it as I sometimes open it by accident.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Much smaller and simpler than full Photoshop, also very affordable. Does the main things Photoshop does. The "organizer" part is not useful to me, and I do think some of the much older versions were more intuitive. But I will continue to use this as it does so much more than online editors and has the major Adobe functions.

I do lots of drawing in it as it allows a great array of brushes, not with the whole shebang of customization that the full PS has, but plenty. I also love the Save for Web feature, which lets me compress images for online use.

Photoshop Elements review by Wesley T.
Wesley T.

"Great For Ecomm Photo Editing"

What do you like best?

The batch processing for photos is a great tool. Easy to use for photo resizing so images on Ecommerce site are similar.

What do you dislike?

There is a bit of a learning curve if you have not used the Adobe environment in the past. But good support and youtube videos for learning.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Adobe Elements is a great tool if you don't need the extended tools available in the Full edition of Adobe Photoshop and also looking for a lower price point for software.

Keeping consistent product thumbnails on our consumer ecommerce site. Development of advertising materials and in-store POP.

Photoshop Elements review by User in Broadcast Media
User in Broadcast Media

"Perfect for beginners"

What do you like best?

Photoshop Elements is perfect for someone who is in the beginning stages of using photoshop. It has all of the elements that are most used in Photoshop without overloading the user. I love it because I am able to do the most basic of photo editing without a problem but I can also edit photos on a more difficult scale if needed.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike about Photoshop Elements is that it is only the Elements version so I sometimes find myself needing the upgraded version to do some of the editings I am in need of. However, that being said it is perfect for my everyday use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking to do simple photo editing this will be a great program. However, if you are looking to do much more in-depth editing I would suggest the upgraded version.

As a sales assistant, I am constantly getting a request for proposals containing logos or even posters for events. Photoshop Elements has made that an easy task. Whether it is taking the background out of a picture of adding text or changing the color Photoshop Elements lets me take care of the problem with ease.

Photoshop Elements review by Kaylee R.
Kaylee R.

"Work Smart Not Hard"

What do you like best?

Elements makes it a lot easier to do pretty much everything. It walks you through a ton of different photo editing techniques, and has extensive tutorials and automated processes. Elements makes it simple to work smarter instead of working harder — ie, to put in the minimal amount of effort for a good end result.

What do you dislike?

As an illustrator, Elements is not great. It works well for photographers and for those needing to get used to Photoshop's functions, but for more experienced Photoshop users and those who don't do much with photo editing, the extra features are unfortunately not very useful, and the missing features are a whole lot more prominent.

For photographers, Elements makes it so much simpler to edit photos as quickly as possible to meet deadlines.

Photoshop Elements review by Erika G.
Erika G.

"Photoshop Elements Review"

What do you like best?

Elements is great because it has the option to photoshop with a guide or on your own. When I was first getting familiar with the tool I would use the guided version but as I got more comfortable I switched into the expert mode. I use it a lot to edit pictures that I take on my camera and my favorite feature is the screen layer because it adjusts the brightness and makes it look natural.

What do you dislike?

I often have to use the quick selection tool when I want to remove a background however I find that it has a very difficult time finding the exact outline of my image and ends up causing the image to look chopped out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I love Photoshop Elements and highly recommend it. I would definitely recommend taking a class on Photoshop in order to learn all the different tools you can use. There are also a lot of online tutorials from other users that I have found very helpful.

In my business we take a lot of pictures so Photoshop allows me to do edits on these images to appease my customers. If they want us to add a button detail I can do that thanks to Photoshop Elements.

Photoshop Elements review by Corine A.
Corine A.

"Great for consumers and people who don’t need all the features of regular Photoshop"

What do you like best?

Photoshop Elements is easy to use and contains the most-used features that most consumers are looking for. I have used it to help clients design filters and edit images for their website. The program is streamlined and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Photoshop Elements is missing some of the features that the full version has, and is a bit limited in that regard. It does however have most of the basic features one would need to make simple image edits.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It’s great for simple image editing, and has a great price point as well!

I have created flyers for clients to promote their concerts and performances, as well as edited images for use on their website and in email newsletters such as MailChimp.

Photoshop Elements review by Hans K.
Hans K.

"A light, easily accessible version of the full Photoshop program."

What do you like best?

I love the fact that it's easy to move back and forth between professional and the less professional modes. Some days I don't need to anything too in depth.

What do you dislike?

To me, it's not as intuitive in the professional mode as is the full version of Photoshop. Also, I find it difficult to selectively whiten teeth in Elements. In my opinion, it is just a bit "clunky in comparison with Lightroom or the full version of Photoshop.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For the price, I think you might be better served picking up a copy of Lightroom instead of Photoshop Elements.

Elements is a program that I use for quick edits and the "light lifting" edits before I show an image to customers. I also like the guided edits mode in Elements.

Photoshop Elements review by Rosemary J.
Rosemary J.

"Small but powerful package"

What do you like best?

It is very easy to edit and modify photos even when being a novice. It is a cut down version of the original Photoshop complete package. It is very affordable compared to the original package.

What do you dislike?

The interface is very confusing and the learning curve is high for a beginner. I had to go to a workshop to learn the basics of it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is worth buying if you want a better version of imaging editing than what free products offer.

To edit and create images for the thesis.

Photoshop Elements review by Matt M.
Matt M.

"Its quicker and easier to learn than Photoshop"

What do you like best?

I like that it is cheap, for me it came with my computer purchase. I used it on my home computer while using Photoshop CC at work. It's good for resizing photos and changing filters/colors etc.

What do you dislike?

It's limited in the things it can do. There were a lot of things I do on regular photoshop that I couldn't do in elements. I was missing stuff like layer groups and layer masks. I don't suggest going from using Photoshop to using Photoshop elements. This is very basic and I would use it if I was a beginner or photographer or something like that. I wouldn't use it for for brochures or logos.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I suggest this product for beginners of photo editing. I don't suggest it for graphic designers because it missing features and lets be honest Photoshop is the best. If you are just starting out or just want to do some light photo editing Photoshop elements is the ticket.

Compared to the free programs like GIMP I found this much easier to use. The benefit is that it's cheaper or free compared to Photoshop. (It came with my computer). I suggest this product for newcomers or people trying to make quick photo edits.

Photoshop Elements review by Amie C.
Amie C.

"Quick and Easy way to get the best of Photoshop"

What do you like best?

I really enjoyed the easy aspect of this software. Everything was point and click and many settings were preset. It was the perfect interlude to learning the full fledge adobe software. As I was learning to navigate my way throughout this journey of photoediting, this was the perfect start.

What do you dislike?

For any uncontrolled changes, sometimes it takes extra steps to unlock inside elements. Also, if I wanted to have more hands on brush editing, elements was not good for this. To do more full fledge brush editing, you need photoshop.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Perfect for mid-level photo editing. If you are beginning your journey into this, this is a great way to see how photoshop works before investing for the full package.

I was utilizing photoshop elements when editing my photography. I have since moved onto photoshop due to taking a class

Photoshop Elements review by Ambi M.
Ambi M.

"Fantastic Editing Software!! "

What do you like best?

The best thing about this software is that it's easy enough for beginners and has enough tools for a seasoned editor. It's a great program to learn how to manipulate photos and the tutorials for this program were well designed to make the flow of use easy.

What do you dislike?

This program tends to run a bit slow as far as loading and saving for web use and the more photos you have in pulled into edit, the slower the program runs. It's absolutely worth waiting a bit to load!!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely consider this program before purchasing the full version of Photoshop. This program offers a lot more than most people realize and it's more than enough to start with!

I am able to "fix" most mistakes I made in camera while shooting a subject. The benefits of this program are amazing, I can take a dull image and with just a few moments in Photoshop Elements, turn it into a dreamy image!

Photoshop Elements review by Taylor C.
Taylor C.

"Perfect for quick and easy edits. "

What do you like best?

If you aren’t a professional photographer with expert knowledge of photoshop, this is the perfect program for you. To spend little times on editing and quickly get back to your blog, website or publication, this is your best bet.

What do you dislike?

This program, however, is intended for beginners or small changes to already decent photos. If you have a lot of in depth editing to do, you are extremely limited. You can’t shop yourself into a photo with you favorite celebrities, sorry!

Like I said previously, this is a beginner program. If you’re in need of something this simple, you might need to rethink your business needs. If you need a lot of photo work, you might need to hire on a professional with photoshop.

Photoshop Elements review by Antonia C.
Antonia C.

"Basic Photoshop Functions"

What do you like best?

This is Photoshop with very basic functions. The user should be aware that if you wanted to do complicated things you have to get PHOTOSHOP. This program is good for simple editing but if you wanted to warp and image or play with perspective of an image you wouldn't be able to here.

What do you dislike?

I miss a lot of functions when I use this program. So many things are missing. Some that come to mine are using the pen tool & warping an image. This program does not have enough of the functions I need to use on a daily basis.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Graphic Designers, Textile Designers, Industrial Designers need to get actual Photoshop. This program will not do the trick.

I have realized that although companies might want to buy this to save money in the end it is not as valuable as Photoshop by any means. UNLESS you really are using it to complete VERY simple tasks.

Photoshop Elements review by Mike S.
Mike S.

"Great Product"

What do you like best?

With this program, you can really manipulate a photo anyway you want from the basics like lightening it and cropping it to moving people around in the image and even adding other people to an image that were not previously there. The tool makes editing photos easier and more complete. I would highly recommend to anyone looking to edit photos.

What do you dislike?

The product does take some time to learn, so a good demo or training session goes a long way. There are many features the program offers and it takes a decent amount of time to learn them all. If you are not able to get a good demo or training, YouTube has a lot of videos you can watch and learn.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend this product for any photo editing needs. Again, make sure you get a good demo or training session to learn hot to use all the features the program offers. If no demo or training available, there are plenty of YouTube videos to show you hot to use all the tools properly and to your advantage.

In my line of business we need to edit photos to send to media from various events, as well as create scans of newspapers or magazines to send to clients. It is great to be able to lighten the image, crop it and sharpen it before sending to a client to make it look as presentable as possible.

Photoshop Elements review by Jeremy P.
Jeremy P.

"A fantastic blend of power with ease of use."

What do you like best?

As someone with a DLSR, I needed software that allowed me to edit my photos - especially when shooting RAW. Elements allows me correct any kind of camera shake with ease thanks to guided editing. As a beginner to intermediate user when it comes to photography, i love having the guides because they automate things and encourage me to then try to achieve those same results without using the full guide.

The second from the top menu options are outstanding, and give you an easy to see area where you can pick your options. You can do quick changes, guided edits that automate everything, or go into expert editing when you gain experience.

What do you dislike?

One downside to having such robust software is that it can be really hard to find features when you need them. The top-most menu options can be a bit confusing because they're so broad - but it's a problem that is solved with a bit of time spent using the software and learning its intricacies.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make use of guided edits if you're a newcomer, then dabble in quick and then expert-level edits as your confidence grows. If you've been intimidated by Photoshop before, then Elements is the perfect software to use to get over that fear since it is incredibly simple to use if you want it to be and it has a fairly small learning curve.

As a photographer, I needed software that was both easy to use and also versatile. Photoshop Elements combines the best aspects of things like Irfanview - with its easy to use layout, with the robust nature of full-fledged Photoshop. By having software like this, I can improve the look of my photos easily, gain more clients, and even earn their trust and future business by showing them a few of the tricks available so that they can expand their skillsets.

Photoshop Elements review by Sarah K.
Sarah K.

"Juuuust enough photoshop for what I do"

What do you like best?

I've used versions of Photoshop (and other products in the Adobe suite) off and on for years. I'm pretty handy with a few of the tools but sometimes I can feel overwhelmed when diving into a new version of full-on Photoshop or Illustrator. Elements gives me just enough options to get my design work done.

What do you dislike?

I miss being able to buy and download the software and know that it was mine-mine. Now Adobe makes you buy a membership and use things in the cloud. Womp womp.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you can find an older version of the product that allows you to download the software directly to your computer, then go for it!

I can make signage and promotional elements super quickly.

Photoshop Elements review by Justin B.
Justin B.

"Freelance and professional designer using Adobe products"

What do you like best?

The ease of use across multiple platforms (including Windows, Mac and iPhone) makes editing projects intuitive whether in the office or on the go.

What do you dislike?

Laying can be difficult and detailed work difficult. Some commands you expect to present in elements aren't as easy as in photoshop; and vice versa, of course.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Know that not every Adobe software product does not carry the same commands or benefits. Research the functions of Elements before committing as many things can be done in standard Photoshop, though not as easily. A great tool for beginners who want to get professional results without a deep dive.

Enhancing photos, especially those originally shot on mobile devices and preparing them for print. Designing photo illustrations for print packages.

Photoshop Elements review by Greg P.
Greg P.

"Simple enough program, but it does so much."

What do you like best?

I may be a little old-fashioned, but Photoshop Elements works very well for what you want it to do. I like how it does so many things, from remastering old photos to custom graphics. It really gives you a bang for your buck.

What do you dislike?

I've tried working with ShutterStock, and enlarging photos to match the dpi they want sometimes leaves digital artifacts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Buy the software version, skip the subscription.

I've been able to create photos with it and upload those to the internet. They enhance whatever it is I'm doing.

Photoshop Elements review by Amanda H.
Amanda H.

"Best low cost editor"

What do you like best?

Photoshop Elements is a step away from Photoshop CC. This low cost editor is perfect for beginner photographers. It has great features such as face recognition and guided edits, the photo editor has much to offer for both beginners and experienced users. Elements' photo editor is split into three editing modes, Quick, Guided and Expert. This allows you to edit photo's according to your skill level which is one item I really like!

What do you dislike?

Some of the guides were not very helpful - they were hard to understand and didn't' have many choices.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are wanting a easy to use photo editor then Photoshop Elements is what you need to use!

We aren't solving any problems but by using this program it is allowing us to edit our photos for business purposes.

Photoshop Elements review by User in Graphic Design
User in Graphic Design

"A great, cheaper alternative to Adobe Photoshop"

What do you like best?

This is a much cheaper alternative to Adobe Photoshop. The price usually never exceeds $100, yet it's affordable and has the quality of any other Adobe product. It's perfect for drawing, basic photo editing, cropping, and the likes and has many options for easy customization. It easy picks up pen pressure with graphics drawing tablets and even on Cintiqs. Brush strokes are very smooth overall for a good drawing experience.

What do you dislike?

Despite its pro, Photoshop Elements is still a bit laggy. For computers with lower graphic processing power, it isn't uncommon for the software to cause the program to lag, freeze, or even overheat the computer. However, this is still better than the original software by itself, since the size of the application is substantially smaller. If you want to be more detailed in terms of photo editing, obviously, there's some features that have been removed as it only contains the core elements of the main software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Buying the older version is perfectly fine. The newer versions are much more expensive and often don't contain that many improvements to be worth the extra dollars, but it all comes down to preference. Usually software that is a few years old should be fine.

With Adoble Photoshop Elements, I have been able to continue on as a freelance artist for many, many years without a problem. Most adobe softwares even age well: For instance, CS2 is still perfectly usable. I bought Adobe Photoshop Elements 12 a few years back, but it's still compatible with many other applications.

Photoshop Elements review by Hannah O.
Hannah O.

"Photoshop Elements Review"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of Photoshop elements and the easy to navigate layout. It is a great option for people who are intimated by the full photoshop program. It also has a guided mode for quick edits which is nice. You can do most anything the average consumer or business would need with this program in comparison with regular photoshop CC.

What do you dislike?

There are a few things it is impossible to do or harder to do with Photoshop Elements in comparison with Photoshop CC.

With Photoshop elements it is easy to make quick photo edits and make simple composites. Usable by everyone at the company, not just those with editing experience.

Photoshop Elements review by User in Fine Art
User in Fine Art

"Photoshop Elements - Simple and What You'd Expect"

What do you like best?

I like Photoshop Elements for its ease of use. I'm able to navigate around its familiar interface and do that tasks I need to get done. It's maintains the familiar interface I expect across the line of Adobe CS products.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I'll accidentally exit out of or hide windows and then have to recall where to find the window I had hidden. This isn't so much a knock on the product as it is against my own clumsiness. Overall it's a solid product which I use daily.

Photoshop Elements gives me the tools I need to create graphic design materials for web and print in-house without the need of sourcing it to an outside team. This allows me to accomplish more in a shorter period of time.

Photoshop Elements review by Rachel H.
Rachel H.

"No Experience Necessary"

What do you like best?

How quick and easy the software is to use. If you have any experience, it gets even better. If you arent sure, there are some great "recipes", where you can get a quick tutorial on how to do something, live on your project. And if you want to be quick, and its not super technical, you can choose the "do it for me" option.

What do you dislike?

The limitations and how its not quite the same as Photoshop. As an advanced user, I find that the menus and options are not always in the places I expect them to be.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check it out, especially if you are a beginner. Its a great tool that is quick and easy to get into.

Digital photo editing on the go, minor touch up, album and poster creations.

Photoshop Elements review by Corey L.
Corey L.

"Much of the function of its sibling Photoshop, fraction of the price!"

What do you like best?

I use Photoshop Elements to get the Photoshop editing experience, including layers and graphical creation (for websites, pamphlets, etc.).

What do you dislike?

Can be slow to load, and often uses tons of available memory. Not as bad as some programs though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Determine if you need the level of editing available in Elements. It works great for the level of control it gives you.

We needed a way to edit photos and graphics for our website, and a way to create customer profiles utilizing various graphics and photos. This has allowed us to edit using layers, transparencies, etc.

Photoshop Elements review by User in Law Practice
User in Law Practice

"Photoshop Elements Perfect for Quick Design Work"

What do you like best?

One of my favorite features if this product is its close mirroring to adobe photoshop. If you need just simple photoshop tools for cropping and quick photo editing, this is the perfect application. I really like how on the side it gives you shortcuts to create certain things such as photo books, greeting cards etc.

What do you dislike?

I don't necessarily have anything I dislike about the application itself. It is relatively simple to use and covers the most basic of photoshop, without over complicating it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Adobe Creative Suite is quite expensive if you are not a designer and utilize all of the other applications. Photoshop elements allows you to use the tools in photoshop to do simple photo editing, without paying extra for a lot of tools that are very advanced and would not get any use.

We use photoshop elements for quick fixes to photos we upload to our website. We also have a Marketing Assistant who created a logo for our website. She was able to go into photoshop elements to fix it up and make it transparent for website use.

Photoshop Elements review by User

"The next upgrade in a wonderful line of products by adobe"

What do you like best?

I have been using photoshop since 2003. Each new program seems to be the best it can be and I cant imagine its upgrade. Elements though, is by far my favorite.

It has new enhanced tools for photo editing and graphic creation. It also has an upgraded interface that is clean and modern. Elements is the first of the photoshop line that has a way to upload to social media directly from the program. While this feature isn't super necessary, it certainly is convenient.

Files are organized in internal storage in folders that are separate for different users. The interface is set up in a way that has options for both seasoned photoshop users and novices, so having these separate folders is a great way to keep projects from getting mixed up.

What do you dislike?

I sound kind of elitist, but I am a little bit disappointed with how accessible photoshop is becoming. I spent a long time learning a lot of the more complex tools and some of them have started to disappear only to be replaced with more automatic features (like the new open/closed eye option). I would have preferred it had the classic tools stayed alongside the new ones, even it it made for a clunky, busy interface.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you do photo editing or graphics creation, photoshop has been and still is the industry leader.

Elements makes it easy to edit and create images. It is more accessible than previous versions which allow for more novice users to participate in projects that they previously may have not had the training or experience to do.

Photoshop Elements review by Angela B.
Angela B.

"All the tools I need"

What do you like best?

I create a lot of graphics in at my job, and Photoshop elements lets me be more creative, and allows me to do what my families want me to do. Anytime I do not know how to do something, I am always able to find an easy tutorial online, making it an easy to use product.

What do you dislike?

Some processes are a little tedious, and complicated to learn. I am looking forward to learning how to use this product more with a couple classes.

When a family comes to me and asks me to do something with a picture, before Photoshop elements I had to tell them I could not do it. But now, I am able to meet the needs of the families I serve.

Photoshop Elements review by User in Photography
User in Photography

"Outstanding photo editing software "

What do you like best?

I really like the auto adjustment feature and the ability to adjust the auto adjust the way I like. When working with raw files the auto feature cuts down on time. Also the organizer is very easy to use allowing quick access to photos for printing. It is feature packed and easy to use you will find it to be great for your editing.

What do you dislike?

I don't know of anything that I dislike The software is easy to use and has lots of tools for basic and advanced editing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommend this feature packed editing software it will allow quick editing by using templates, presets and backgrounds for making your photos pop and impress your customers.

Faster editing and turn around time allows me to get pictures to customers quickly. Allows me to organize and print quickly and to be able to print packages and Collage Prints.

Photoshop Elements review by Matthew K.
Matthew K.

"Ads with ease"

What do you like best?

I LOVE the fact that the feature list is exactly what is needed to do a simple project. I have been using this program for a little under a year now and It is my go to for simple editing projects/ads.

What do you dislike?

even with a fast system sometimes the program can run a little choppy, however the fact that the software is hosted in the cloud makes up for it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are new to video editing this is the program i would start with. Elements creates an easy to learn foundation for the more complex/feature rich version of Premiere so no time is wasted and in the meantime you can edit amazing projects/videos!

It allows me to create videos for pastors who need them done quickly, an alternative to the full feature premiere program which i am still learning

Photoshop Elements review by Andrea S.
Andrea S.

"Photoshop Elements"

What do you like best?

It is a photo editing program much easier to use than Photoshop, but with almost the same editing tools and the same power. It is more focused on photography, that is, it is based on the basic tools of photoshop to be used in the field of photography (retouching, modification, editing ...)

What do you dislike?

It is a very expensive program, in addition to being very demanding in account of the minimum requirements that must be met by the system in which it will be used because it is a very powerful tool.

Almost none since at the time I tried this program to learn how to use it and have knowledge about it. It is an excellent tool to work in the area of photography.

Photoshop Elements review by Cynthia Y.
Cynthia Y.

"Easy way to get a "preview" of Photoshop"

What do you like best?

I used Photoshop Elements before installing and using Photoshop. For a beginner, the limited functionality of Photoshop Elements is much easier to learn and use than Photoshop. It is easy enough to do simple photo editing and compositing, and the results can be comparable to work done in Photoshop. It's a lighter program than Photoshop so it opens much faster,which is good if you need to make some quick edits.

What do you dislike?

Photoshop Elements has very limited functionality compared to the full-on Photoshop program. After using Photoshop and learning it well, I can't go back to using Photoshop Elements. I work a lot faster in Photoshop. Photoshop Elements simply is not built for the heavy photo editing that Photoshop can handle.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you already have experience with Photoshop, then you don't need Photoshop Elements.

It is good for simple photo editing and converting images to different file types.

Photoshop Elements review by Henk M.
Henk M.

"Great mashup of quick filters and advanced features."

What do you like best?

Photoshop Elements incorporates the best of quick fix filters that you would find on an iPhone and a simplified version of more complex tools found in standard Adobe Photoshop. It doesn't take much time to learn the software. I would describe it as Photoshop with training wheels. It also includes very non-invasive tutorials.

What do you dislike?

Well, as a professional photographer it is nice every once in a while to have quickly editing software such as Photoshop Elements, although sometimes there is a photo that I need to really focus on one area of the photo and unfortunately Photoshop Elements doesn't have the ability to do more complex tasks such as dodging and burning one small area of a photo for example.

It's great for any photos that were either already edited in another program. Also is great for testing how a photo might look if you tweaked it a certain way without having to go through all the tools and tribulations that Photoshop would require.

Photoshop Elements review by Sam D.
Sam D.

"excellent service"

What do you like best?

I love being able to use this product to create and alter our company photos, we often need to design new logos for clients and this is a massive help. Being able to add and remove people from pictures is very convenient instead of reshooting photos time and time again. Often the photos our clients send us are not of a great quality and by utilizing the software we can clean the image up a good amount and make it more presentable so we can use it for their advertising space.

What do you dislike?

It is often difficult to learn new things with this software as their is not an official tutorial on how to use all the feature and tools. Often i find out how to do new things from friends and from looking up videos on YouTube. A more official training guide or program would put this product over the moon!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Photoshop Elements can be tricky to use as you can use several features in different ways. My best advice is to search on YouTube for tutorials to learn how to do different things with the tools, you would be surprised at some of the things you can create and alter. Also look into a certification type class as learning the basics from someone with great experience is truly helpful as they always have their own tips and tricks and can be hands on if you run into any problems.

We use this produce to clean up images and create new ones. We have designed simple websites with it as well. It is a huge help in our graphic design needs.

Photoshop Elements review by Miriam F.
Miriam F.

"Photoshop inclined to photography"

What do you like best?

It has most of the tools of photoshop and the same power, only that it is made as a variant to lightroom, having the elementary to edit photographs. It has a tutorial program for the less experienced. In gerenal is a very good tool, which can be used for both professionals and beginners

What do you dislike?

One of the few negative things is its price, in addition to being a program that is quite heavy, so not all computers are capable of supporting the software.

I have used it very rarely as a variant to LightRoom to make one or two photographic projects. It is a tool with a very use as for what makes the editing work something quite simple and bearable.

Photoshop Elements review by User in Photography
User in Photography

"Useful for basic editing"

What do you like best?

Photoshop is great for simple design work and photo manipulation. Whether I’m starting with a blank canvas or a photo that needs to be altered, the tools are streamlined enough that I can do whatever detail work needs to be done.

What do you dislike?

It took a while to get used to, considering the fact that it’s not the most advanced program that Adobe offers. Could be more user-friendly and straightforward, especially for graphic design.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If the design tools in other programs aren’t advanced enough for your needs, definitely consider the free trial of Photoshop Elements.

It’s great for designing with fonts that I can’t use in other programs on my computer.

Photoshop Elements review by User in Sports
User in Sports

"Photoshop pro"

What do you like best?

I like the new Auto Selection tool, it gets closer to that goal of making your editing perfect. Just click and drag a rectangle around the subject and when you let go of the mouse Photoshop Elements places a selection around it. Does it make a perfect selection? Occasionally, yes. But I found that most often, as with every selection tool, you’ll need to zoom in and refine the edges or remove a selected area that shouldn’t be there. I like starting with auto selection to grab the main object. Then I can continue clicking and dragging with auto selection to refine the selection, or I might switch to the quick selection tool, depending on which one is best for the situation. So, even though it isn’t perfect every time on the first click and drag, it’s a big step forward in making selections a lot easier! I especially like it for selecting thin items like the stem of a cherry or a shoe lace which are difficult to select with the quick selection tool.

What do you dislike?

In most cases the only change that are the factors in editing mode. Factors has the entire tools and elements that you're going to have to edit snap shots and create images. No, it would not have the entire tools and elements that other programs have but it is extremely dubious that you're going to or would wish them. Elements has many features that others don't have. Organizer facets approach to arrange your images utilizing keyword phrases and tags. It might create picture Albums, Slideshows, photograph Books, web Galleries, image packages (like those you acquired in grade tuition) and batch formatting, resizing and naming. Factors 9 has mask which was once the one missing feature that was once priceless of third social gathering plugins to acquire. It does now not have the pen software, so what, nor the identical curves. But so much of the whole lot else is there and features the equal.

The best benefit that I've realize is that you can use it practically right out of the box with the quick fix option and then you can advance into the full program, learning a ton about the photoshop world as you go. Frankly, I think neither you nor I would ever explore the full capabilities of Photoshop Elements. If you ever DO think you are ready for more, you will already know much of what you will need to know about "real" photoshop. This program makes information so accessible that you can't miss it, like I said it's very easy to learn. I hope this software and the updated software keeps these elements

Photoshop Elements review by Karissa R.
Karissa R.

"Great product"

What do you like best?

What I like best is that you can customize the software to serve what's best for what you are trying to accomplish. There is so much you can do with this product especially if you work in media. I like that all of the softwares can integrate and work with one another. Photoshop is amazing and so is Indesign.

What do you dislike?

It takes a lot of time to learn everything, which really isn't a dislike. I don't need to use everything offered. There are definitley somethings I find confusing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its a great product depending on your needs. Its very versitile and customizable.

Newspaper designing. Adobe Elements is an excellent way to create newspaper layouts, infographics. Photoshop is a great way to edit photos for publishing. InCopy is awesome in that our designers can work on layout while at the same time writers can work on their stories and its linked together. I wish there was a way for there to be automatic updates to links in InDesign. That would be helpful.

Photoshop Elements review by Jesus S.
Jesus S.

"Photoshop Elements"

What do you like best?

Unlike Photoshop, this is an image editor that is more focused on photography with many retouching tools that are quite powerful, in addition to being much simpler to use than Photoshop (Of course it is not as powerful as photoshop) .

What do you dislike?

It has limitations with the issue of social networks, something bad enough to be a tool for editing photos, and it consumes a lot of RAM, which makes it a bit heavy sometimes.

Not really many since I do not devote myself fully to the area of photography, but when some clients hire me to edit photos, I have sometimes used this tool to do the job quickly. Although I prefer to use other editors, such as lightroom.

Photoshop Elements review by Nancy M.
Nancy M.

"Excellent photo editing software at an excellent price"

What do you like best?

All the features from the full version of photoshop that I need for typical use are available in Elements. There is a bit of a learning curve, but for the most part all Adobe products have a similar interface so it is easier to get up to speed.

What do you dislike?

I use both Photoshop and PSE, and there are certain functions that work differently, for example clicking on an item on the image will select it (assuming it is a separate item) where in PS CC that doesn't work, you click on the layer. Moving back and forth between the two when so many other features are similar can make it a bit confusing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you've never used photo editing software before, give yourself time to learn the software beyond the automated tools, it is a very powerful software package especially given the price point.

I use Photoshop at work for graphic design and in my home hobby / business for digital scrapbooking. I have also recorded tutorial videos showing other people how to use PSE for scrapbooking.

Photoshop Elements review by Jen B.
Jen B.

"Very diverse set of products that get the job done"

What do you like best?

I love all the different elements that are included with this version of photoshop. It’s not as complicated as the other older version and it’s great for a simpler form of photo editing.

What do you dislike?

I guess it wouldn’t be the best option for someone with more complex photo editing needs

Recommendations to others considering the product

A great product but just make sure it has everything you’re needing

Elements really lets me get the best photos I can because it allows me to take the best of each photo (such as if one client isn’t smiling in a photo that’s otherwise great) and combine them to make lasting memories

Photoshop Elements review by John L.
John L.

"Excellent and affordable photo editing"

What do you like best?

I like that you can get so much essential photograph editing done quickly and efficiently for much cheaper then the full photoshop.

What do you dislike?

Wish it was more intuitively made, easier to create layers, and worked a little more like photoshop.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a trial run and find out what works for you. If you only need simple color, contrast, size, and other non-major editing done to photographs this program could work for you nicely.

I am able to work with students and peers quickly by having them use Photoshop elements at library, or buy cheaply. Can get lots of powerful editing done.

Photoshop Elements review by Mark Allan K.
Mark Allan K.

"Photoshop Elements is a solid light version"

What do you like best?

It gives me a lot of the capacities and the familiar user interface of Adobe Photoshop in a light version footprint.

What do you dislike?

As with all light versions of more complete apps, Photoshop Elements suffers from the limitations of not being a full featured app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want photoshop but not into the cloud based app structure, this is the best alternative I have found.

Giving me more photo editing capacity than the built-in photo app for the mac.

Photoshop Elements review by User in Graphic Design
User in Graphic Design

"Photoshop"

What do you like best?

Photoshop allows me to easily make small or large modifications to images in a very detail oriented and precise way that keeps images looking natural while also being able to correct minor or major visual imperfections that would otherwise drive my creative eye wild! Clone stamp, Spot healing brush, Magic Eraser, and Background Eraser are some of the best tools the program has to offer. All make it really easy to quickly touch up a photo without it looking completely rediculous after you've finished. Often I'll bring an image into photoshop and adjust the color balance so that it visually fits in better with the brochure color scheme i'm going to be placing it in. Photoshop also pairs well with illustrator and makes it easy to bring a vector image back and forth while finesing an image or illustration.

What do you dislike?

Photoshops filter settings and lighting preferences aren't as intuitive or easily applied to a large amount of photos as lightroom, but this difference encourages use of both programs together with each having a different editing emphasis.

Photoshop helps me customize marketing material easily by allowing me to edit and tweek colors, layout, and sizing of images and other resources I already have. I also feel confident that I can fix small issues in post production that I would be much more anal about during photoshoots or initial image/resource gathering.

Photoshop Elements review by Steve S.
Steve S.

"Twenty years an Elements user -- and a happy user indeed."

What do you like best?

Elements has remarkable ease of use and a full range of functions. This is not an elementary set of filters, but a professional level of functions.

What do you dislike?

There are no flaws I can detect for this entry-level product. It does exactly what it is claimed to do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Photoshop is the master's program for everything photographic, but this level of detail and complexity is not necessary for everyone. Unless you need the pro line, the features in Elements will work nicely for most projects.

Photoshop Elements provides all of the functions I need for desktop publishing. I use it with all of my photos and with many of my book covers.

Photoshop Elements review by Megan P.
Megan P.

"A great simpler photo editing Adobe program"

What do you like best?

Photoshop Elements is a bit more user friendly verse Lightroom and Photoshop. It offers a great way for photo editing and managing photos without having to use Photoshop and Lightroom.

What do you dislike?

Because of its user friendly style, there isn't much room for expanding from simple photo editing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for basic photo editing and managing as a new user, Photoshop Elements would be a great program to start with. If you are well-versed in Adobe software/photography/manipulation, I wouldn't suggest this program.

I originally used Photoshop Elements for just basic photo editing for social media sites, however I now use Photoshop for even my simpler photo editing projects.

Photoshop Elements review by Jessica L.
Jessica L.

"A convient tool for basic photo retouching "

What do you like best?

Photoshop elements gives you a wide range of tools in a very simple, easy to use format. I think it is ideal for any basic photo adjusting needs. Good for editing imaging for internal distribution or for HR teams to correct employee ID photos.

What do you dislike?

I wish it had some of the more advanced features of photoshop such as clone stamping. It's a great tool for someone who just needs the basics but true photographers/graphic designers will want something a bit more hefty.

Recommendations to others considering the product

great service to give to your teams who need some basic photo editing abilities how