Photoshop Lightroom

(1,211)

Photoshop Lightroom provides a comprehensive set of digital photography tools, from powerfully simple one-click adjustments to cutting-edge advanced controls.

Work for Photoshop Lightroom?

Learning about Lightroom?

Photoshop Lightroom Reviews

Showing 1,212 Lightroom reviews
Lightroom review by Consultant in Graphic Design
Consultant in Graphic Design
Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Photoshop Lightroom
Lightroom review by leynette alejandra M.
leynette alejandra M.

"¡Excellent program to edit photographs in digital form!"

What do you like best?

Excellent program to edit photographs in digital form. It allows me to modify, improve, design my photos. I like Lightroom because it offers a database where I can organize and save my photos by dates and have location references where I want them to be on my computer. It is very useful and easy to use, just by clicking on the buttons and start designing the image to my liking. For example, create the profile, I can make adjustment in the color, if I want it in black and white, classic or basic. In addition, the effects, if I want it clear, in haze, granulate, etc. Your approach, if I want to change the figure from square to vertical, horizontal or distorted. I can rotate the photo image, flip it, move it in X or Y. To design the photo, this program offers two modules, one on the left side where there is a tab to view all the photos you want to import from a memory card or from the hard disk and offers another module on the right side to adjust the tones and activate the profile corrections and changes that you wish to apply.

What do you dislike?

There is not much that I do not like, since it is a new program for me, it is difficult for me to perfectly use the concealer brush. It only has three tabs in numerical form that do not tell me much about how to appreciate or change the image. Another thing that for updates in other functions has a cost and you have to pay a lot.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend lightroom because without being a professional graphic designer it gives me simple tools for its use, from organizing, editing, modifying and sharing photos from anywhere, whether on the computer, on the web or on the mobile device. To download, you should only have one connection on the network and in the hard disk space. Great and very intuitive because, in addition, the original photographs are not destroyed or modified since the changes you make in your photos are stored in the program's database.

Lightroom is a tool that contains all the settings you need to redesign a photo. It's a simpler way of doing things, you can see, discard and organize all the photos. In addition, it helps to organize everything related to the catalog images; from a computer. From there, you can select the photos you are going to import into the program database. It allows you to modify, create different versions of the same image without losing the version of the original photo you have on your hard drive or in your Lightroom catalog. Another benefit is the wonderful thing about being able to apply effects on them, the color temperature, the gray scale, the contrast, the fill light, the white balance, etc. It's great because it has several views of the same image with different revelations without having to duplicate and the new photo will contain the settings made in Photoshop. I love it because once I take pictures of events, conferences and meetings in my place of work, I can correct any defect in the camera because I can make the modifications I want in that application and when it is ready, I select the file and save the photos It is important to keep in mind that photos can be stored on your computer and that when you import them, they will be automatically uploaded to your account in the Adobe cloud. You can also create a template with all the personal data we think necessary in the new photographs.

What Photo Editing solution do you use?

Lightroom review by Aarón V.
Aarón V.

"Adobe Lightroom, the perfect tool for almost everey photographer"

What do you like best?

Without any doubt, the best feature of Adobe Lightroom is its simplicy. It only took me a few hours to get used to the user interface and almost all the tools included. But it doesn´t mean that the programme is incomplete, it has all the tools that a medium photographer would need. Furthermore, the software is divided into a few modules, like the library (where you can import the files required and classify them in plenty of ways) or the reveal one (the most important). Definitely, I really like it and use it for proffessional work.

What do you dislike?

Some of the modules, like the book maker, are incomplete regarding the use that I would like to give to them. I think that they tried to make it so easy that they ended up with an useless "pdf-maker" (I only use it to make quick pdf to send to my clients so they can decide which photos they like). The truth is that I would really like to make the photo albums inside Lightroom, but It hasn´t tools enough.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a proffessional photographer or even if it´s just your hobby, lightroom is the perfect tool for editing your photos.

I previously used the raw module of photoshop to edit and retouch my photographs, but since I discovered Lightroom I moved to it because it is quicker and much more intuitive so I it helps me to save time. Also, the editing process in Photoshop wasn´t as comfortable as I would like and thanks to this software now I´m able to make more money in less time, having a more efficient workflow than I had before.

Lightroom review by Heidi H.
Heidi H.

"If you are a professional photographer, you need this software!"

What do you like best?

I can use this software for 95% of my production work as a professional photographer. I use it to upload, cull, edit and rename my images. I can also quickly edit in Photoshop without closing the program. And it's great to use with RAW files so you can make changes without hurting your files and then export as a jpeg to whatever size(s) you like best. I can also make a set of proofs with a custom watermark to post online. It has everything I need!

What do you dislike?

Like every other software program out there, you need to upgrade periodically to stay current with your OS and cameras. But upgrading can still be pricey.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do you shoot RAW? Or even if you don't, Lightroom has the capability to download, cull, edit and export images faster than any other program out there. You can also use it with presets to help cut down on time with your editing process. It so easy to use and there are so many things you can do with it including slide shows and online viewing. Worth every penny!

I can quickly cull & edit my images in Lightroom faster than I would be able to by using other programs. It has saved me hours and hours of time each week.

Lightroom review by Sinari D.
Sinari D.

"Presets are the bomb!"

What do you like best?

My absolute favorite thing about Lightroom are the presets! If you edit a lot of the same kinds of images (photos taken in a lightbox, for example, where the lighting and composition are all the same) presets are a godsend. I can blast through editing dozens of product photos in a very short amount of time by simply using presets I have created and then just doing a couple of little tweaks.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. I LOVE Lightroom. It does exactly what I need it to and it forms the basis of all my photo editing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have lots of photos that are similar in terms of lighting and composition, consider creating your own presets so you can do your basic edits much more quickly.

Lightroom has cut down on my workload dramatically. It has also helped me organize my photos really well and, as long as I am diligent about tagging, I can find anything I'm looking for quickly and easily. Also, those tags upload along with the photos, making my life a lot simpler!

Lightroom review by Peg A.
Peg A.

"Dramatically streamlines my workflow"

What do you like best?

As a photographer I can do a LOT in Lightroom much more quickly than I can in Photoshop, especially if all I need to do is just tweak a few settings and don't have a lot of major things to correct or change. I can very easily and quickly boost color, change all levels, switch to black and white; whatever I need to do. I can also do a number of masks which I use frequently to soften backgrounds, sharpen eyes and lips and just make things "pop". My favorite though are the presets. I have downloaded loads of free ones and have created many of my own that I use frequently. This is an incredibly powerful and useful program and, more often than not, I find myself using it instead of Photoshop to edit my photographs.

What do you dislike?

There can be quite a learning curve as there are a LOT of things that can be done. This, however, isn't a true complaint, it just can take a bit of time to learn how to use Lightroom well enough to streamline your workflow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go online and find some tutorials. There are so many incredibly useful ways to organize your work but it is really tough to learn them intuitively. Tutorials are invaluable in getting the hang of Lightroom and there are plenty of free ones.

I can make a lot of changes very quickly and easily, which considerably lightens my workload. I can automatically add watermarks (either simple text ones through the program itself or by uploading a transparent image) very simply and quickly. It is indispensable for organizing my work and I use it for everything.

Lightroom review by Daniel Alejandro M.
Daniel Alejandro M.

"Best tool to edit my photos"

What do you like best?

I just love everything about Lightroom. I used daily to check, edit and share the photos that are a part of how I'm as a person.

So many features, so many ways to improve, to be a better photographer. I fell for this since day one and is a MUST have for everyone that loves taking photos. You can even select automatic filters if your feeling lazy, but must know that this a is a killer way to take your photo work up to the next level.

Since I started using this software my work changed so much, it got so much better, so good looking. I LOVE this. Please, take the advice and download this, you will not regret it. So easy to use, to understand, to work on your projects and to share them.

It can be a little difficult at the beginning with so many tools, but once you get use to them, the sky is the limits for your pictures and work.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike about this one. I enjoy so much using this that I have tell all of my friends that work with photography, professionally or just individual, to get this software. Like I said before, It can be a little harsh to understand when we start (happened to me) but there are so many tutorials out there that now everything just changed the right way,

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please get this. If you want your photos to look amazing, this is just to much to pass.

My own personal brand. This helped me extend the knowledge that I previously had about photography and took me to another level, helping my social media grow up like I never imagine before. The work I handle here even helped me get new jobs.

Lightroom review by Katie B.
Katie B.

"Streamline your workflow!"

What do you like best?

I love that I can upload folders, plugins, and general breakdowns of how I want to edit my photography. Then I can one click batch process said folders of photos and review in real time before exporting into the correct format needed for the next step in post, This is an extremely useful tool. Plus you can download and set other presets from other artists to push your limits and expand your creative ability quickly and easily. You can also easily pass work down without much confusion on where the last person left off or where you need to begin and complete a project!

What do you dislike?

There isn't much to list that I don't like about the software. It would be nice to have the opportunity to purchase a base platform without having to pay for the monthly subscription. The ability to easily plug into your folders and hold onto this information is invaluable but it would be nice if the software was intuitive enough to realize there are folders it has once worked with in the past maybe?

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a lot of batch processing and editing to complete this is the software for you!

When we participate in event coverage its usually daunting once back in the studio. To organize everything and get it to a working point was a struggle. Lightroom has been completely streamlined this workflow and it is no longer painful to edit anything after the fact.

Lightroom review by Jason H.
Jason H.

"Used it for years, but it has issues."

What do you like best?

Intuitive controls for RAW image processing, great cataloguing features, good all-round editing software. As a professional photographer, it makes up 90% of my workflow.

What do you dislike?

Software is only available on a subscription basis - no option to just buy the software once. Often prone to crashes and is very slow, even on a well-powered machine. Customer support leaves a lot to be desired - usually giving about as much help as 'have you tried turning it off and back on again'. Can be very temporamental and I've had periods where the software has simply refused to run for weeks on end with no apparent reason.

Photoshop Lightroom allows me to edit my RAW camera files, so software which can do that is a must for me. However, there are many other capable software solutions popping up to do the same thing, and I may consider switching to those in the future.

Lightroom review by Nicole W.
Nicole W.

"Streamlined workflow"

What do you like best?

I absolutely love the capacities of what this software can do! It provides subtle retouching (or drastic) without compromising the quality of your photos (if you shoot in RAW especially). I also love its ability to adjust your lens' distortion. Plus, presets can elevate your photos even further from third-party vendors.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how long it can take to load photos into your library or render a given image, but that is more on my end due to processing speeds on my computer. For how complex it is, it's understandable that you will need a fast processor to make your workflow consistent. Otherwise, I don't have any complaints about it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I absolutely recommend Lightroom for any semi-pro photographer who is serious about creating a consistent portfolio that is organized, can be tagged with metadata, and shows a constancy in their work. Lightroom can provide the "branding" of your artistic style through how you choose to edit.

Lightroom makes photo editing quick, easy, and painless. It is easy to adopt a workflow, create your own presets, and fine-tune any given aspect of the photo you're editing. It takes the complexity of Photoshop and takes features such as blemish removal, red-eye removal, cropping, and angle adjusting in an easy, intuitive panel.

Lightroom review by Amit kumar S.
Amit kumar S.

"Photoshop Lightroom: more functions, small package"

What do you like best?

Photoshop lightroom is one of the best photo editing tool out in the market. As a photographer, I have to use this tool almost everyday. Photoshop lightroom provides different functions to retouch your raw pictures. There are hundreds of preset filters available for lightroom. Another feature of this software is that it is really easy to use. User interface is straight forward unlike adobe photoshop. Any user can upload and edit their picture easily using lightroom. This is the best tool for beginners.

What do you dislike?

Although lightroom has many features, one thing adobe needs to consider is the pre-defined filters. There are no built-in filters available. Users can build their own filters but it will be easier to add filters in the software bundle. Another feature lightroom should work on is merging pictures of different exposures.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a novice with photography this is the right tool for you. Photoshop lightroom can expose you in the professional photography. Any first time user can learn lightroom easily without any pain. For my recommendation, I would suggest to start using lightroom without any hesitation.

I am mostly using lightroom to develop and retouch my pictures. As an independent photographer, this tool is very handy to me. Lightroom is very fast and I can edit pictures very easily which is the best benefit for me. Lightroom also have a smartphone version which can be install in your phone too.

Lightroom review by Charis G.
Charis G.

"Lightroom has changed the game for batch editing."

What do you like best?

Batch editing. Hands down. I love that I can make my own presets as I edit portrait sessions.This has helped me cut down my culling and editing process considerably over the past few years. What used to take hours of work and eye strain is now simple, and I'm forever grateful.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I would change about Lightroom is the visual design. If they added light mode / dark mode option, it would be the icing on the cake. But honestly, other than that small tweak, I wouldn't change anything about the product. It's been a game changer for me and my business.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it. There's really not another program that compares. Its ease of use + constant improvements make it an invaluable asset for your business.

Lightroom allows me to edit photo sessions for clients in about a quarter of the time. I used to spend hours on one portrait session, and now I can breeze through simple sessions in about an hour. Lightroom has honestly given me my life back and has made my job a breeze.

Additionally, I'm able to package and sell my own Lightroom presets. Not only has this introduced a new stream of income for my business, but it has also expanded my reach to new potential clientele. I love being able to help other photographers dive into Lightroom by utilizing this feature. This has made Lightroom an invaluable asset for my business.

Lightroom review by Ale P.
Ale P.

"Quickly Enhance Photos!"

What do you like best?

I go on social media a lot and sometimes I purchase the presets that other influencers are using so that I can get the same looks for my clients' social media pages and also my own. So that means I can do the same effects as brands with just one click. If I am feeling a vintage camera look then that's just one click away. I can select all the photos I would like with that edit and paste that preset to them all at once.

What do you dislike?

Lightroom is only free for a month and then you have to pay. The cheapest I have seen is ten bucks a month and they have been making everyone move to their subscription based services. So you have to pay every month instead of one flat fee like before.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The adobe website has a lot of free presets to mess around in, and if you go a quick google search then you can find presets to play with. If you are social media such as instagram a lot and follow influencers then you'll see they have a certain style of presets they use and they frequently have it for sale for an affordable price, so you can mimic what they doing with your photos quite easily.

Handling the editing of multiple clients accounts images and producing a quick turn around on images is a plus! Doing this on photoshop would take me hours and now I can enhance my images with a magic wave of the lightroom wand.

Lightroom review by Alex R.
Alex R.

"Best Program to Batch Edit"

What do you like best?

I use this mainly for batch editing photos. The ability to apply a preset to hundreds of photos at a time. I can also save the same presets for future projects so that when I want a certain affect then all I have to do it sync the photos or batch edit them. It has saved me hours in editing time. Photo editing that would have taken me hours now takes only minutes.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that you can't layer with Lightroom. Adobe bundles their photography editing package with photoshop which gives you that ability but sometimes you want to do something that involves quick layering but Lightroom doesn't go beyond that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are lot of free presets out there, so play around with those, especially if you are in the photography business and like the look of old analog cameras. Also have fun! This is a fun and exciting program that let's your creativity shine, so play and have fun!

They have fast easy web books, slide shows and galleries. If you use smugmug like I do then you can easily integrate it with each other and upload your edited galleries with ease.

Lightroom review by Miguel R.
Miguel R.

"Get Your Photo Edited in a Flash!"

What do you like best?

Presets capabilities. I love all the lightroom users out there sharing their knowledge and their presets. You don't even have to work up a sweat doing it yourself. See a style you like, purchase or get a free preset and you have a great foundation for editing. Nothing beats batch editing as well. Select all and edit the entire batch of photos with a couple clicks. You can't beat that. I remember before when I would edit each photo one by one, man I feel sorry for my old self having to waste my time like that.

What do you dislike?

Their new version is slow. They say it's not slow but check any chat room and they are still talking about how great the improvements are but how it's slow. Especially in the previews, it lags. You want to see your photos fast, but at least as fast as the previous version they had. Don't go backwards when it comes to speed, only forward Lightroom.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Never used this before, well try their free month long trial. Google some presets, pick one you like, get started and start playing around with all the functions!

Getting photos out to clients in a flash. I can edit photos the same day that I have taken them. My clients are happy with m y fast results which means repeat business!

Lightroom review by shambhavi k.
shambhavi k.

"Photoshop lightroom"

What do you like best?

Lightroom doesn't eliminate the need for Photoshop, in fact because it comes from Adobe it integrates well with it. It supports Adobe Camera RAW which is the same processing that Photoshop uses. Lightroom can be thought of as a management and quick editing tool for photojournalists.Lightroom is an image management and editing program also developed by Adobe, the same folks who created Photoshop. Using Lightroom, photographers are able to work through their images from import, to sorting and organization, to processing, and finally all the way to export and sharing on the web.

What do you dislike?

The things I do no like in lightroom is there is no layers or blend modes and minimal graphic design elements like adding text elements or making advanced collages also limited editing options.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very easy to use and it does not support as much as Photoshop does.

I use it for light photo editing as it does the same things as Photoshop. It is very easy to use, so I use this instead of photoshop for light editing.

Lightroom review by Katie M.
Katie M.

"The best photo software I've ever used"

What do you like best?

Lightroom is the most widely used photo editing program by pro photographers for a reason — it's the best software out there. The interface gets extremely granular so you can make fine-tuned edits to photos, but it's also very usable for intermediate users. The organization and tagging system works great as well. There are numerous beneficial features that I haven't even used, like their cloud services. I discover new, valuable features every week.

What do you dislike?

Because of the robust features of the program, some may find that there's a steep learning curve.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Watch tutorials online to help you get up to speed with Lightroom's more advanced features.

I depend completely on Lightroom for editing concert photos for my job. These photos are taken in less-that-idea lighting situations, but Lightroom helps me get the best photo I can out of what might have been a mediocre RAW file.

Lightroom review by Tyler H.
Tyler H.

"Workflow Life Saver"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to edit a single photo, then apply those edits to a series. I also love how easy it is to do spot removal. It’s magic how it can blend the area so you have no clue.

I also enjoy the fact that they have an iPad app that syncs through the cloud so I can for on any device without need of transfuring the photos from device to device.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how different some of the workflows are between applications, but it is gettting better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I know there are many other photo editing softwares out there but you will not find a design suit like Adobe. Their products integrate together so well that it makes big projects much more manageable.

I do a lot of product photography and Lightroom allows me to edit a series of photos in a blink.

Lightroom review by Nick S.
Nick S.

"Lightroom is essential for any photo professional"

What do you like best?

Lightroom helps me efficiently go through thousands of photos from any given shoot in a well organized and powerful program. The preset feature really transforms my workflow when editing allowing me to do highly intricate work on a large batch of photos. The end results from this product are photos my clients are blown away by.

What do you dislike?

Lightroom has a learning curve, much like the other adobe products, which took me a while to learn specific intricacies about the program. The application is powerful but only when I have adjusted the ram optimization in the program settings which is hidden to most users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Lightroom is for professional users who care about every aspect of the photography process. It is a must have pair with RAW photo workflow.

Lightroom allows me to effitently sort, edit, and process photos that help grow my business with fantastic results.

Lightroom review by Jacob G.
Jacob G.

"Best Software for Photography Workflow"

What do you like best?

Lightroom is THE go-to tool for the fast development of thousands of RAW image files. I can batch process hundreds of files at once in seconds with the same presets and settings and export them with custom names and watermarks just as fast. Lightroom also has a seamless integration with Photoshop, so if I find that a photo needs certain tweaks that Lightroom isn't capable of, I simply export the digital negative to Photoshop, perform my edits, and the digital negative is saved back into Lightroom.

What do you dislike?

When it comes to photo manipulation or extensive photo editing, Lightroom comes a bit short, and it doesn't come anywhere near the power of Photoshop, but for quick edits it serves its purpose.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Lightroom is too often confused with Photoshop. Photoshop is an intensive photo-editing tool with the power to digitally manipulate photos and create content from scratch. Lightroom is more about photo development and allows for less intensive photo editing. It's for pros who know what they're doing and need to streamline their workflow to achieve faster and better results.

I was strictly a Photoshop user before a fellow photographer showed me the power of Lightroom. Once I got familiar with it, the program helped me cut my photo development time in half—probably more! That's more time I get to devote to advertising my business or client relations.

Lightroom review by Ana S.
Ana S.

"To create the most incredible photos"

What do you like best?

Photoshop Lightroom allows me to save time in the edition of familiar images and of work so fast and easy to use to edit in high resolution, adjust brightness, sharpness, saturation, contrast, lighting, color, apply filters, touch up areas, with it not I can only touch up but also manage, organize, prepare digital photographs to share on social networks in a quick and easy way. It has storage in the cloud which allows me to have my images always available

What do you dislike?

This is an application that I consider, its only limitation is that it is used only to edit photographs, and not to manipulate graphics

Recommendations to others considering the product

Edit photos with your computer, smartphone or tablet and the changes will be automatically applied to all devices

With this application you have the advantage of being able to share image gallery with clients or public to promote a desired job or an advertisement

Lightroom review by Heather S.
Heather S.

"Improved my workflow 100%"

What do you like best?

The ability to upload and cull through multiple sessions or a single wedding in a matter of hours has changed everything. Once I choose the photos, I can batch edit general changes. It even allows me to connect directly to Pixieset via their plug-in for easy upload and delivery to clients.

What do you dislike?

It takes a bit getting used to. The set up is different that the classic Lightroom so it feels confusing. I also dislike that I can’t scroll left and right through photos one by one.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get the Adobe PS LR CC classroom in a book.

It allows me to go through an entire day of sessions and set them up for editing in photoshop. It’s fixed issues with uniformity amongst image series. It also allows me to toggle between it and photoshop seamlessly so I can edit much more efficiently.

Lightroom review by Mark W.
Mark W.

"Great for a Photography Business"

What do you like best?

I work in a photography studio where I am in charge of the editing. There are just a couple photographers here but they have multiple editing styles. So I love that I can manage all their editing styles with the presets. Long gone are the days are editing every individual one by one. With the presets you can edit in groups of photos. Also you can quickly jump from one preset to another. I love that when the photographer gets a better preset they can send it to the studio and we can utilize their new one and toss out their old ones. It's nice also to look at their preset history to see how their styles have evolved and changed over the course of their work.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that the new version is slower while viewing than the previous version. We have updated it pretty often and the consensus has been that the new version is still lower, it has better qualities such as the warping especially when someone it utilizing a wide angel lens, we can just go in straighten lines, but speed is always a plus in the photography industry. The camera raw files are huge and they take awhile to load and process so the faster that a program can do the things it is suppose to, then the better it is and the more we'd love to work with other products that the company has to offer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you find yourself wasting a lot of time editing your albums, this will help you tremendously, use this on about 99% of all the editing work we do on our photographs. If you get the photographer subscription photoshop is bundled with it for only 10 bucks a month. Thats cheap!

We can send out images faster due to bulk editing and also we can send out more. Since it so efficient as basic editing we have the ability to send out clients more images to choose from and also more images faster. When you fulfill your clients requirements in an expedite manner they are always grateful and it makes you look professional, timely and good in their eyes.

Lightroom review by Laura F.
Laura F.

"Adobe Lightroom for Wedding Photographers"

What do you like best?

Lightroom is a great tool for anyone looking to apply basic edits to a large batch of photos very quickly. Lightroom CC adds capability of syncing catalogs between different devices via Lightroom, and improves some of the basic features such as masking and selective edits.

What do you dislike?

Certain mass editing features could be worked on to improve ease of consistency between images, such as auto exposure and auto white balance, and matching/correcting exposure between two RAW files (from the same shooting situation but with different initial exposures).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try using the free month trial through Adobe CC.

Fantastic tool for wedding photographers looking to apply basic corrections or a stylistic filter to a lot of photos very quickly. Allows for greater quantity delivered in a short period of time, and is fantastic for syncing catalogs across users and devices.

Lightroom review by Leslie K.
Leslie K.

"Easy to edit a ton of photos at once - I have no idea how photographers did it before Lightroom!"

What do you like best?

It makes adjusting the lighting of shots a breeze.

You can easily apply your own style of photography to an entire photoshoot at once.

The exporting options are robust.

You can sync edits across similar files.

The whole thing is just one magnificent program!

What do you dislike?

It's slow. I have a decent computer, but the program still feels sluggish. Photos can take a moment or two to load to preview.

I'm pretty well acquainted with Adobe CC, but I found Lightroom to be unintuitive at first. There are still times where it acts differently than I'd expect based on my usage of the other Adobe CC products

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give yourself adequate training to familiarize yourself with the program. It was a pain for me to start right in without that initial training.

It would take me forever to edit an entire photoshoot in photoshop. I have no idea how it didn't drive me batty. It saves me a lot of time even though I'm not primarily a photographer.

Lightroom review by Sarah O.
Sarah O.

"Wonderful Photo Editing Tool"

What do you like best?

What's not to like? Much easier for the amateur photo editor than Adobe Photoshop, this is a great program that many Photographers/editors of all skill levels can rave about. Top uses for this program: color adjustments, lighting/exposure adjustment, and the ability to print and export hi-resolution images which can be used for downloading, sharing, etc. Another great thing about it, if you need more advanced editing ...it can be integrated across other Adobe programs such as Photoshop.

What do you dislike?

The tool overlay function is a pet peeve for me. When using the spot removal tool (clone & heal), the tool overlay can be a little frustrating when you are trying to edit out a variety of spots, especially when whatever you are trying to edit is really close together.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can't go wrong with this one, but if you need more advanced photo editing capabilities you will likely want other programs in the creative cloud suite as well.

Many business-related and creative tasks can be completed with Lightroom. It's great for small business application as well as large scale creative areas. As far as Photography, I've seen it used not just as a program for editing photos but also as a way to share presets (kind of like an editing template) among other Photographers/editors...which you can share for free or for a fee. It can also be used for slideshow presentations, print media (books, photos), and web-based applications.

Lightroom review by Jenelle W.
Jenelle W.

"Creating the look you want when you cannot get it from the start"

What do you like best?

The ability to adjust a photo from the Camera Raw file allows you to change many thing from shadows, to exposure and highlights. This is much easier to start in light room than in Photoshop. it is also very quick to watermark photos. I am still earning all of the features but online tutorials have been very helpful when doing so. It is very easy to pick up.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that every time i go to transfer my photos from a device or memory stick it automatically opens light room first.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are editing photography or watermarking photos I would highly recommend this program. It also organizes the files easily for you when you open them in Lightroom. Online tutorials have been very helpful for me to teach myself this program. Very easy to us.

I am mainly using this to edit Camera raw when the lighting is not exactly how i like it and also to watermark event photos with logos.

Lightroom review by seuan l.
seuan l.

"Best Bulk Editing Software Out There"

What do you like best?

What I like best is the sync button. This little button enables you to batch edit, which means off of one photos edit settings, you can copy and then use those copied settings to edit as many files as you would like. I love that I can save those settings so that I can use them at a later time. Importing or exporting certain settings with friends and colleagues so that our editing styles are cohesive.

What do you dislike?

The new version of lightroom was touted as better and faster. I found that to be not the case. It was much slower to edit so I stuck with the lightroom classic version. But you would think they would have figured out the kinks by now, but no the updated versions I have found that going through folders with a huge stack of photos is much much slower. I wish that they could improve the newer version because it does have features that I would like to utilize such as the tool that enables you to stretch photos so that lines that were once crooked you can change into being straight.

This is everything for business. It has saved me countless of hours of editing. I can edit photos so rapidly now. With saved editing settings and a couple of clicks something that took me minutes which previously took hours.

Lightroom review by Cecelia S.
Cecelia S.

"A Photographer's Valuable Tool"

What do you like best?

I love the user-friendliness of this program for photographers. The sliders are easy to function and the effects are clearly and quickly rendered on images. The cataloging system is great and easy to use and importing/exporting are done fairly quickly.

What do you dislike?

Lightroom takes a long time to render images upon import, which can make culling time consuming and a hassle. I use a completely different program to cull my images because of this kink in lightroom.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think Lightroom is absolutely essential for the modern photographer. With Adobe's photographer's cloud subscription for photographers at only $9.99 a month, it's unbeatable. I could not run my business without it.

Lightroom has cut my editing time in half. I used to strictly use Photoshop and now I am able to do most of my editing in Lightroom, only pulling into Photoshop when necessary. The large, prominent histogram is great when editing and the ability to see my presets sampled on an image in the navigator window is a huge plus.

Lightroom review by Emily L.
Emily L.

"Makes Beautiful Editing Simpler"

What do you like best?

What don't I love about this program! The tools are incredibly powerful, the brushes and spot repair tools are easy to use and intuitive, the keyboard shortcuts dramatically speed up my work, and Lightroom is capable of handling massive numbers of photo files without a hiccup. It makes sorting through giant photo dumps a breeze, and allows you to edit them either while sorting or after. Sorting photos into different ratings is easy and allows you to make separate galleries of each rating, which is very helpful when trying to select only the best photos to export.

What do you dislike?

Since Lightroom released Lightroom for Mobile/CC, I've been incredibly confused between it and the desktop application. The names are too similar and there's no real way to tell if they're still running both programs or if one is intended to replace the other. Secondly, handling catalogs is brutal. It's confusing to open the program and be immediately told to open a catalog, especially since I'm working off a laptop and often the catalog it want to open is on an external drive. I would love to see an option to look through recent catalogs, with their locations shown, and allowed to open them or create a new one from there.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Understand your needs and make sure you're prepared for the learning curve before putting out the money for CC.

I often edit photos for my portfolio and for clients, and Lightroom allows me to keep them in a catalog together as well as provide a high level of artistry and refinement to my editing.

Lightroom review by Derik P.
Derik P.

"Love this tool! "

What do you like best?

On mobile, this tool is very easy to use. The capabilities they have to edit images covers the vast majority of needs. Also, being able to copy/paste all your settings across other images is an awesome way to save time if you're processing a large number of images from a single shoot.

What do you dislike?

They are starting to charge for more and more. They took some features away and required a $10/month subscription to the creative cloud. Then, they recently took even more features away and require a $5/month subscription to edit raw photos that are not taken with the Lightroom camera. The desktop version of Lightroom is very messy and complex compared to the mobile versions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great product, but they are getting very close to having the free version be useless to any prospective users.

Lightroom's bulk-editing feature cuts down on post-shoot work when you have a large number of images. It's an easy option for anyone who isn't a graphic designer to get some basic editing work done without needing to be well versed in Photoshop.

Lightroom review by nirav t.
nirav t.

"most preferred color and picture editing tool."

What do you like best?

I’ve been using photoshop lightroom and lightroom app for a long time, and the best thing is that they evolve and update their technology quite effectively. The features they provide are incredibly efficient and of great use and easy. The masking tool, the background changing effects, they are quite brilliant. It helps you to take your imagination out and form a real thing out of that. I will say this is the plateform for the creativity and unleash what beautiful thoughts you have.

What do you dislike?

As i said i have been using this for a time and i am quite happy with this product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

i will strongly recommend lightroom to those enthusiastics whi really want to unleash their creativity and needs a significant plateform.

it has helped me during my project of posters and banner making as a newbie in my company also made some seriously great projects using this.

The benefits are , first it has got a large community so you can find all the solution when you get stuck.

It provides all the coloring and background manipulation effects that you don’t have to use any thing else.

It provides great support to various formats.

Lightroom review by Claudia A.
Claudia A.

"Favorite Quick Editing Software for Professional Photographer"

What do you like best?

I absolutely love Lightroom, it's so easy to go through hundreds of photos (such as from a wedding or event), create Presets for that event and apply to multiple photos (saving so much time!), and do edits (with some advanced edits available - such as specifically changing the saturation/hue of specific colors). It is wonderful for basic editing such as altering White Balance, Exposure, Highlights/Shadows, and Cropping. I can then immediately edit that photo in Photoshop with the click of a button in Lightroom (such as if I need to remove something in the photo).

What do you dislike?

I don't like that I'm not able to clone stamp in Lightroom, but I understand why this is the case.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend this product.

I'm able to quickly make beautiful photographs for my client while staying organized and saving time.

Lightroom review by Lisa C.
Lisa C.

"Best of the Best"

What do you like best?

This is the bomb. Easy, intuitive and really sets your work apart from the rest! So much you can do in LR. The cloud is great - you get PS and LR for 10 a month and that is affordable!

What do you dislike?

It would be great if you could face swap on it. Other than that, I have no complaints.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't hesitate! This is a great deal to get two softwares for one price. Take your time and get to know the software. Play with it. Watch some videos online. It really is quite intuitive. Once you understand how the sliders work and how to make adjustments, then go and find some presets that you can edit your photos with.

This has helped me take my photography to the next level. I am able to consistently edit the same way and my edits have continuity. My style is consistent and the batch editing and being able to copy the edits and apply them to the next photo has been invaluable. A lot more time to get more done has been the result!

Lightroom review by Tim T.
Tim T.

"Nuanced tool for batch editing photos for personal or business use"

What do you like best?

There are a couple things that combined make Lightroom a valuable tool for me. When editing and processing tens of thousands of photos and archiving them, the keywording functionality is important for locating specific photos from years ago that a client might need. Or, for locating pictures from general categories like "sports, fall, portrait" and etc. The ability to set editing presets and copy specific edits from one photo to multiple others is a time saver. It's also the fastest solution (compared to Photoshop) for converting from RAW files to an output like JPG or TIF.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that the library is tied to a file and Lightroom specifically. If LR gets discontinued, Adobe goes under, or my file gets corrupted, I lose quite a lot of work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Syncing files and settings to the cloud is an increasingly valuable benefit for automatic backups and on-the-go editing. Really enjoying the modernization they're bringing into LR.

The main thing is saving time and creating easy collections of photos. Time is valuable so it's always a plus when I can save money for my company. It also has a pretty low learning curve compared to Photoshop, so I can use the important and main features quickly, and learn the more powerful and hidden features when I want to.

Lightroom review by My N.
My N.

"Lightroom - a solution for busy photographers!"

What do you like best?

Photoshop is the most powerful tool for image edit, but it doesn’t have any in-built photo organizing tools, and it can be slow and cumbersome for everyday photo edits. That’s where Lightroom stands out. The one-click presets are awesome. Lightroom fast and powerful, and a much nicer place to work. The interface is slick!

What do you dislike?

Adobe’s online storage is expensive, and it’s not a simple transition for existing users. :( The software is already good but I do wish the price is a bit cheaper since I am not a professional photographer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Lightroom is a game changer for both newbies who are not highly skilled and professionals who have to edit tons of pictures on a daily basis!

I use Lightroom in every company I have worked for. I used to be in a local firm and we are tight in budget. So instead of hiring freelancers, I was asked to design posters for sales campagne for the company since I have interest in photography and design. I also showed my co-workers about it, and continued to do such things for my next jobs, even though my main task is not photo-related at all. Love Lightroom for helping people multi-task!

Lightroom review by Haissar P.
Haissar P.

"Powerful non destructive photo editing software"

What do you like best?

Lightroom is amazing! Lightroom is designed solely for busy photographers, I finish all editions much quicker and what use to take me eight to ten weeks, is now down to one to two days for whole session. Excellent workflow and Clear, attractive interface design. There are a tremendous amount of adjustments, just explore and make things amazing and interesting

What do you dislike?

One of the biggest problems is how unstable it can become when you handle a lot of photos, in addition to the slowness when applying additional effects or actions. import RAW it can be a little slow, but I think that's just the nature of dealing with large quantities of files.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Is the best options when it comes to editing photos it is super simple to use and the results of the editions are of professional. If you are looking for a powerful editor, this is the option that I recommend the most

It really has saved me from countless hours of screen time, batch editing really removes those time constraints, is much simpler than spending 45 minutes per photo using Photoshop, it is much more comfortable and dynamic, you can edit entire albums of photos in a considerably shorter time.

Lightroom review by Carlos P.
Carlos P.

"amazing program"

What do you like best?

At the level of photography the program has the tools and functions necessary to give that professional touch to their work and also improve all their projects, well you can work a whole photo portfolio in this program and give high quality to this

What do you dislike?

the program is somewhat tedious to start using because it has too many functions and work tools that often complicate the learning of this program causing many users to delay in learning to use the program or do it in an inadequate way, causing failures in the works

Recommendations to others considering the product

before sending a job done in this program first make sure you are using it in the right way because having so many functions is normal and very common to make mistakes and fail in any of the editions or improvements made to any photograpy...

As I said before, this program is mostly aimed at photographers, which is why it helps exponentially in this sector because the program can improve the work of photographers thanks to its series of photo editing functions making the projects of These people take a better quality.

Lightroom review by Iva M.
Iva M.

"definitely must have"

What do you like best?

When you do more pictures with same light its lifesaver. Save you so much time! it have great tools

What do you dislike?

I think the backup part is kinda still misery for me a lot. I kinda do it my way. All adobe support is kinda horrible, never helped me solved my issues. Im sorry to tell you this but really guys, really bad.

Recommendations to others considering the product

if you work with more pictures in same time its really good thing. Its not for huge retouching at all. only one for time small patching but for rest like colors expo crop, even for just searching after pictures and deleting some of them. Yes!

like I said so much time saver. I just work with pictures only some months I wish to be here some easy solotion like how to pause that monthly payment for example in time when I dont have a weddings.

Lightroom review by Shane M.
Shane M.

"Non-destructive Editing Wonder"

What do you like best?

Lightroom stores all the edits made to your photos as XML data, making it easy to undo or revert bad edits, as well as reapply the same adjustments (such as white balance correction or vignette) to multiple proofs. Catalog organization can be done many different ways according to each user's style of working; some use keywords, some collections, some color tags. A very flexible and fast way of sorting through photos.

What do you dislike?

As with all current Adobe creative products, I dislike the cloud-only option. While I appreciate always having the latest features, I'd rather upgrade on my time and my terms, especially since central to Lightroom is it's engine, which an "update" of can drastically affect a photo.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider getting the Photographer package subscription - Lightroom and Photoshop together for one lower price. It really is a very well integrated, all-in-one workflow.

I've been able to easily backup and archive past clients work in my own system, as well as never having to worry about losing data or making multiple copies because of specific crops desired. I also really like the ability to do my main, basic adjustment in Lightroom, move from within it to make specific edits in Photoshop, and having a copy automatically be in Lightroom when I'm done. The integration is first class.

Lightroom review by Amos E.
Amos E.

"Awsomely powerful non-destructive photo-editing software"

What do you like best?

Non-destructive manipulation of graphic content. Saves space and allows granular stepping back of individual manipulations not necessarily in sequence.

What do you dislike?

The concept of source storage and libraries is counter intuitive. The product is currently split to two different variants of interface, one more fitting mobile device and cross platform usage, and another a more desktop based classic graphic power-engine. Hopefully those will be reconciled in next upgrade.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Lightroom is a very different breed of graphic manipulation software than most applications. It does not save the processed image after your manipulation, but rather saves a very compressed set of processing instructions along with the original source file. This way yo do not have to save various versions of the digital file, which can save space, and ease transitions between various manipulations to the content. It is like the difference between roster graphics and vector graphics. The underlying data never gets lost or degraded, whether you scale up down, or apply any other processes.

Graphic manipulation for publications, and online media.

Lightroom review by Megan T.
Megan T.

"Great Program to manage your own photo libraries"

What do you like best?

I enjoy how lightweight the program is compared to Photoshop. My team does a lot of custom photography for online training, and we usually just touch them up before using them. You can do all of that in Lightroom and then add tags to them to help manage and organize them moving forward.

What do you dislike?

It's difficult to collaborate across user accounts, though there may be a way around that if you upgrade your subscription or something.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look into all your subscription options if you want a large team to be able to access and collaborate on photos together.

We're able to enhance our own photography very quickly without using heavier programs such as Photoshop. You can even create pre-set edits and apply them in one click - this comes in handy when you are working with photos from the same camera / photoshoot, because you're probably trying to correct the same issues for all of them anyway (lighting, color, clarity, etc.).

Lightroom review by Megan S.
Megan S.

"Lightroom!!"

What do you like best?

Having been originally taught to use Photoshop to edit photos, my mind was completely blown when I started using Lightroom and could do batch edits. The workflow was so much smoother, and the setup of the software itself is very user friendly. It really didn't take me long at all to feel like I understood the basics and could get right to work.

What do you dislike?

I don't know that there is much I dislike about Lightroom. I'm not deep enough into the design world to pick up on the things that could be better. For me, Lightroom does exactly what I need it to do and improved my workflow enormously, so it's hard to think of things I don't like! I'm sure I've had little moments here and there where I've wished something was better, but in general it's a great program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are already a user of Adobe products, like I was, then integrating Lightroom into your workflow should feel natural! This is a fantastic product. If you're starting from scratch, I would recommend Lightroom as a starting program before jumping into working with Photoshop. Lightroom allows you to do a greater volume of work in less time, and simplifies the process a lot. Great starting point for beginners!

Mass amounts of batch edits. I used to do a lot of photography (I still do on occasion when I travel), and being able to easily edit large quantities of photos at once, while still being able to add individual edits to each photo, was a huge benefit. It also creates consistency across all of your photos so that you are presenting the same look and feel, which is really important!

Lightroom review by Brooklyn W.
Brooklyn W.

"My #1 Editing Platform"

What do you like best?

It's a full-service platform that isn't absurdly confusing to use! For someone who is a talented photographer, knows how to masterfully use a camera, but perhaps has a more challenging time learning and re-learning various photo apps, Lightroom is THEE solution. Very clear, very well-designed, not lacking in any area that I can think and I use this platform almost daily.

What do you dislike?

As with any Adobe platform, intermittently one will have to deal with it being a little slow or quitting unexpectedly, but in Lightroom, my work is usually not lost or affected when this happens!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take your time when you're learning to use this platform. Presets work very well here, but learning how to use the editing sidebar to tailor your final result might be different than what you're used to in Photoshop, camera raw, or maybe even on a smartphone. But Lightroom will not disappoint you, and once you master it, you'll LOVE editing your photos (rather than dreading it like a lot of the photographers I know.)

I am able to deliver complete galleries to my clients much faster than when I've used other platforms to edit. I can often deliver SAME DAY - you heard that right. I edit, export, and upload usually within at least the first 48 hours. Lightroom has become like second nature in my editing process and that really helps build confidence in my clients.

Lightroom review by Tom M.
Tom M.

"Adobe Lightroom is a photographers best friend. "

What do you like best?

Adobe Lightroom makes it extremely easy to improve and touch up photos, giving the user the ability to adjust and fine tune exposure, temperature, highlights, saturation, tone curve, etc. There are a ton of presets available online that make improvements a simple click. If you don't like the way something looks, you can simply undo the change. Lightroom is also available as an mobile app, which makes working between your phone and your desktop a breeze.

What do you dislike?

As with most Adobe products, there is a steep learning curve, but Adobe provides great support videos. There are also a lot of tutorials available online.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are already using Adobe products and work with photos on a regular basis, you need Lightroom.

Adobe Lightroom allows us to improve and salvage a lot of photos that we would have to waste time and reshoot otherwise.

Lightroom review by Troy F.
Troy F.

"It's no Aperture, but it meets my needs"

What do you like best?

I really like the way that Lightroom is laid out, and the workflow is fairly decent. In fact, if I'd never used Apple's Aperture I would probably love this software. I find Lightroom to be more robust than Aperture was, but I really liked the workflow of Aperture better. It's not a concrete thing, but more of a "gut feeling" that Aperture was better suited to my personal likings.

What do you dislike?

It seems a little too consumer, rather than professionally focused. I don't particularly care for the "Map, Book, Slideshow, Print and Web" tabs, as it seems like they are all different applications and too much was stuffed into an image processing software.

Also, the lens corrections and camera profile functions are not nearly as simple as in DxO's Optics Pro. Optics Pro will detect the camera and lens, then ask if you want to apply corrections for those specific models. Lightroom does this also, but cameras and lenses are not automatically selected - at least not for me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a subscription to Adobe, then this is an obvious choice; otherwise, I would prefer to work in Optics Pro, if not for the additional expense.

Editing a photo shoot is quite fast and painless. It's easy to get a consistent look between photos.

Lightroom review by Mauro R.
Mauro R.

"One of the best tools for photographer"

What do you like best?

I really like the feeling of lightroom, is like to be in a dark room, and you can also have a library with all your work. The virtual copy of a file is great, you can change setting and try different solution without any lost of information, and saving disk space. The sharing of the image between different device iphone or ipad works easily and very well

What do you dislike?

I think that the worst is the confusion that adobe is making in this powerful tool. now you have a website: lightroom.adobe.com, where the developing features are poor and the Gb provided are limited, the on premise app is now splitted in lighroom classic (the old great tool) and a new lightroom CC that is not sharing the same library and is a clone of the website with same limit, it's hard to understand why..

The benefit is on the quality of the work and of the image created. When i start using lightroom I don't need and i don't lookk in any other software to make my work

Lightroom review by Ashley W.
Ashley W.

"My New Best Tool"

What do you like best?

Lightroom is amazing! I love the the way it allows me to have a much quicker timeline. I am finishing session editing much quicker and what use to take me eight to ten weeks, is now down to one to two days for whole weddings. The easy Dashboard is great for organizing all my albums and getting what I need from each of them quickly.

What do you dislike?

My dislike is that there is no red-eye or tools on the easy edits that help with some photos. The presets also pose a problem at some points. There are a few that I would choose not to have and would like the ability to add my own actions to this portion of the workspace.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Again, I would say to make sure you are doing your research and watch videos online or take classes to learn to use the program. You will have a much wider range of the tools it offers.

The problem I am solving with Lightroom is my time management. It is allowing me to have a much quicker workflow and cut client wait time to half of what I use to do. This means more sessions, more time to do other things and has benefited me greatly. The ability to shoot more and edit less is a plus. I am making more money and using less office time to produce a finished product.

Lightroom review by Asif K.
Asif K.

"iPhone to PC perfect"

What do you like best?

I used Adobe Photoshop Lightroom along with it's Camera Raw and Adobe Photoshop capabilities to edit and create pictures for my website. The photos taken were of premium quality and allowed me to have high quality pictures for use to market my business.

What do you dislike?

There was nothing to dislike as it is the very best app on the iPhone for photos.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use Camera in well lit settings. Make sure that your PC and phone are using correct Image Types before uploading to Website. PhotoShopped Images are edited and this can be visible if not done correctly making the image lose value in the eyes of the consumer.

Marketing Imagery used for Webpage. The benefits realized is high quality pictures without the cost of cameras. The App sticks with my iCloud account to give me instant Cloud Pictures availble throughout my Apple Ecosystem to improve.

Lightroom review by Kayla B.
Kayla B.

"My favorite photo editing software!"

What do you like best?

I love that you can batch edit photos. If I have a series of images taken in the same location with the same lighting, all I need to do is edit one and then I can batch edit the rest using the same settings. You can't put a price on that when photography is your primary job. It literally saves me hours and gives me more time freedom away from my laptop.

What do you dislike?

It can be a little slow, but I think that's just the nature of dealing with large quantities of RAW files.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I can't imagine using a different software than Lightroom to edit photos. I can't imagine how much time I would spend behind a computer screen if I didn't have this program. It makes my editing life so much easier, more enjoyable, and way less time consuming than if I had to edit each photo individually. If you know how to shoot well in camera, Lightroom makes editing a breeze.

Efficiency. It really has saved me from countless hours of screen time. I work really hard to shoot well in camera so I don't need to spend a lot of time editing, but when you're juggling multiple sessions, it can get tedious and time-consuming. Batch editing really removes those time constraints.

Lightroom review by Norma S.
Norma S.

"Edit photos like a professional"

What do you like best?

LightRoom is the best adobe tool focused on photography, has a number of features that make it simply unique, such as the lens identifier that can correct defects in different photographic equipment lenses, or its quite intuitive interface. I think it is an ideal tool for beginners since you can learn to use the program 100% in a very simple way, and allows the quality of the edition to be of professional size.

What do you dislike?

Despite being quite powerful, lightroom has a big flaw; Due to its great power, the experience of use in not so powerful computers can be quite damaged, since it needs a computer with enough power for its optimal operation, otherwise the program will become quite heavy and consequently very uncomfortable. use. It's the only defect I see, so I suffered a lot when I started using it because my computer was mid-range.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Lightroom is one of the best options when it comes to editing photos or carrying out photographic projects, it is super simple to use and the results of the editions are of professional size. If you are looking for a powerful editor, this is the option that I recommend the most, since it has everything you need to perform the task impeccably.

Currently I'm not working on photo projects, but at the time it helped me a lot since the task of editing photographs was much simpler than spending 45 minutes per photo using PhotoShop, it is much more comfortable and dynamic, you can edit entire albums of photos in a considerably shorter time.

Lightroom review by Félix R.
Félix R.

"Easy photo editing and retouching, even for non-experienced users."

What do you like best?

The simplicity of the user-interface and the option to remove panels and sidebars to just focus on what you need. I also like being able to tether my camera and shoot directly into Lightroom to organize and tag my photos, saving time with importing.

What do you dislike?

The annoying prompts and dialogs to import photos every single time you connect certain devices like mobile phones. It can be turned off, but when you have various photo management/import software, it can be overwhelming when they all open.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a pretty good option for anybody who wants to dip their toes in photo editing but doesn't want to jump into the heavy stuff like Photoshop, which has a steeper learning curve. It has an easier to use export feature than Photoshop does, which can be good for users that don't have too much experience managing file types. Also, the capacity to compare images and flag them for different uses helps a lot when dealing with many photos that might look the same. If photo editing is what you are interested in, look no further. Photoshop is a great option, but it can get overwhelming. Lightroom is better for simple edits, as well as anything that has to do with sharpness, colors, white balance, etc... as well as batch edits of photos that were taken with the same lighting, something that on Photoshop might take a lot longer because it is designed for more individual work.

Quick or batch photo-editing, specially useful for branding/watermark signatures

Lightroom review by Armando C.
Armando C.

"A very good program and easy to use"

What do you like best?

It is a simply great program, it facilitates the work of a digital photographer, making possible the creation of a digital catalog and revelation of RAW images, besides all this allows us to work safely with the images that we import into the program are of the format that be.

What do you dislike?

The program is very easy to use but I think that since it is a program aimed at professionals in photography, it should be a bit more reserved and not so easy to access it, as this is how people who do not work in the area make use of it. missed this type of programs and cause bad comments about it

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you work professionally, this is your best option as a support or help tool, LightRoom has what it takes for photographers to make their work a digital portfolio and in turn edit those works to make digital retouches and improve the photographs in different aspects.

At the time of delivering our clients photographs without editing but with quality graphic retouching, Adobe LightRoom is our best option, because it allows us to import our photos and we can touch them easily but giving them a very professional quality

Lightroom review by Karl G.
Karl G.

"Lightroom"

What do you like best?

Lightroom is one of the best programs for curating and adjusting photography on the market. The fact that you can use it on the desktop and on your mobile device and have it work very well, amazes me.

What do you dislike?

I wouldn't say I dislike anything, however, learning all the in's and out's of the program can be a little consuming and daunting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend that you take some time to learn the basics of the program (Youtube, or Lynda.com), or you will be like me... lost for a bit. When you begin to learn about what Lightroom can do, you may also get caught up in it all, can spend A LOT more time than you anticipated on it.

My favorite thing about using Lightroom is being able to create a certain look for the project I'm working on and easily apply that to all the assets for that project in short order. Pushing that even further, if you need to make changes to that "look", it can be done easily and quickly applied to everything automatically.

Lightroom review by Ella S.
Ella S.

"It's an amazing software for any creative "

What do you like best?

I really enjoy the interface and how easy it is to use it! Also, I love that I can save presets and then reapply them to any other images. The gradient tool is perfect since I can turn a gloomy photo into a sunny one and change the sunset colors, etc.

What do you dislike?

It's hard for me to say what I dislike because I feel like most of the features are there. The only thing would be a clone tool that isn't very accurate most of the time and I have to edit some imperfections in photoshop first. Sometimes when I try to zoom in the software is giving me a hard time and it zooms in incorrectly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great software and easy to use if you need to do any sort of editing and it's perfect for both beginners and professionals in the field.

I do most of the editing there, so all the product shots and images turn out looking very professional. The batch editing is great and very useful.

Lightroom review by Sarah R.
Sarah R.

"Review of Adobe Lightroom"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to work with intricate details of a photo that Lightroom allows. The software, in my opinion, is user-friendly, but with so many tools and settings, it's important to read or watch tutorials for a better understanding of all that Lightroom can do. Though there are many tools to learn, Adobe has great support and forums for when I have questions.

What do you dislike?

I feel like the interface can often be a little crowded and distracting. I know you can change a few setting to minimize this, but I do wish the interface was a little cleaner and minimalistic. The newest Lightroom CC offers a much simpler and cleaner interface, but without the file system and some of the development tools of Lightroom Classic. I'd like to see a redesign of Lightroom Classes to mimic Lightroom CC, but with the full range of tools available.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're a photographer I highly recommend learning Lightroom for your photo editing needs over photoshop— unless you are doing some composite work or something else technical such as that.

Lightroom allows me to edit large batches of photos quickly and efficiently. I find it helpful for keeping my shoots organized and I like the ability to flag images into sets so I can edit small groups separately. For photographers who really depend on organization, Lightroom allows metadata and keywording for a more detailed organization of files.

I like the split toning and edit by color features in Lightroom, this allows me to give my photos a unique edge or feel by use of color editing that I feel is easier to accomplish in Lightroom versus other photo editing software.

Lightroom review by Drew W.
Drew W.

"Learning to use light room is a flash. "

What do you like best?

The overall ease of use is great. You can sit down with almost no experience and instantly make any photo better. If you used photoshop or gimp in that last 10 years, you'll feel right at home here.

What do you dislike?

For what it does, it does great... if you are looking for a photoshop alternative, this is not it, you should very much stick with Photoshop if you need to do creative design work. This is a very limited program, but it does what it does well - making photos look great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a tool to quickly fix photos but don't want to have to fumble around in the behemoth that is Photoshop, then lightroom is a great option.

I have customers who provide me ... sub-optimal photos... from time to time. Lightroom allows me to clean and beatify photos that would otherwise not work well for advertising. I can make a photo look amazing in under a minute - this saves time and makes the customer very satisfied.

Lightroom review by Meka S.
Meka S.

"It's a great photo editing alternative"

What do you like best?

I just started using Adobe Photoshop Lightroom about two months ago and it works great! It's easy to learn for someone who is just a beginner who is just dabbling into photography. It is excellent in organizing and importing your photos in an non-destructive way. I would highly recommend this software if you want something that allows you to import all your photos at once and edit them to create professional results.

What do you dislike?

There isn't really anything I dislike about the software only that sometimes when importing over 1,000 images it can take a little longer than usual. Maybe 30 minutes to an hour give or take. This is overall a good software to use besides Photoshop.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this software if you want something that allows you to import all your photos at once, edit photos and create professional results. Also watching video tutorials on YouTube can really help and get the job done quicker as opposed to figuring it out yourself. You will want to learn file organization methods and file name conventions for when you are exporting files to a folder on your hard drive. It makes it much easier to find edited images later in the future.

I don't have any business related problems with Photoshop Lightroom. I work solely for myself as a Freelance Graphic Designer when using this software.

Lightroom review by Jon L.
Jon L.

"Lightroom is designed with photographers in mind"

What do you like best?

The best part that I like about Adobe's Lightroom would be the sync with the online Lightroom. Once enabled this allows you to share collections with potential clients with real time adjustments. By sending the clients the link you give them the option to have certain settings like being able to download or just view the photos.

What do you dislike?

The thing about LIghtroom that I don't particularly like would be the spot healing brush. While this tool isn't as good as the Photoshop big brother it does have its uses. If you are looking to fix some minor issues this will work just fine, however, if you want to do some true fixing you will want to keep using the one in Photoshop.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Adobe offers a trial deal on the Photography plan which includes Photoshop and LIghtroom. The Photography Plan is a steal for only $9.99 per month.

I use this for both personal and business. I find that this works well for organizing my photos for clients and my own. I really like that I can do so many things with this program.

Lightroom review by Sarina B.
Sarina B.

"Wonderful Tool for Minor Adjustments "

What do you like best?

It is super easy to make my photos look exactly the way I envisioned them when I took the picture.

What do you dislike?

The tool bar can be a bit time consuming to use, especially if you don’t want to use certain portions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a wonderful tool if your photos need to be a bit brighter or darker. I think it really helps you to become a better photographer because after spending some time with your photos in post you can more easily recognize where you need to improve. Minor editing helps make your images look more crisp and clean without going overboard.

If one of my photos doesn’t come out exactly how I wanted it to, I can do minor adjustments and salvage a photo that I might’ve otherwise considered rubbish. By saving an image and making it work for me and turn into a beautiful picture I am saving myself the hassle of having to reshoot.

Lightroom review by Te-ge B.
Te-ge B.

"Often the only Adobe App I need for Photography Work"

What do you like best?

Lightroom makes working with RAW images (the only thing I shoot with my DSLR) super simple. I can run through a memory card quickly to find just the picture that I want, and move on to processing the image as soon as I find it. If there are changes I want to make to several images, I can save the process and easily use it over and over (and even share it with others).

One of my favorite things with Lightroom is that when you view images with it, it saves the images (not as RAW images, but it will save as full-sized jpgs depending on your settings). When my portable photography hard drive was lost on a trip last year, this allowed me to regain all the pictures I had taken. Thankfully I finally recovered the hard drive, but even if I hadn't, at least I had a copy of each image.

What do you dislike?

Probably my least favorite thing with lightroom is that it struggles to work nicely with the Mac pictures set-up. It's not really a problem with Lightroom, but whenever Apple makes changes to how their images are stored and then you have to find a workaround to avoid having multiple copies of your images taking of hard drive space, it can get frustrating.

Working with images saved to a memory card can be a slow process when you need to look at each one and see how they turned out. Lightroom makes it easy to rapidly view each image, select the ones you want to process, and move forward from there. It is even a very simple step to move from working in Lightroom to moving the image to Photoshop for more detailed work.

Lightroom review by Mike K.
Mike K.

"Powerful Management System "

What do you like best?

I think it is a good one-stop photo management program where you can handle large amounts of photos at once. Another pro is the large variety of pre-made filters, which is beneficial to someone who is new to Adobe Lightroom. Also, I think that the interface is intuitive and doesn't require a lot of time getting used to. If a user is having trouble, there's a large Adobe Forum and tutorial videos Adobe publishes to help a newbie get started.

What do you dislike?

One of the biggest cons is pricing. For a file management program, it is on the high side. Luckily Lightroom comes with my subscription, so I am paying a cheaper price to have access to all of the Adobe programs. For me, pricing is important especially for a college student who is apart of a small team.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend considering and giving other free alternatives a try to see If they will fit your needs BEFORE giving in and spending the money for Adobe Lightroom

In search of an effective powerful Photo management system to help us handle a lot of photos at once. We like that Adobe Lightroom is good at handling multiple large photos at once.

Lightroom review by Jeff W.
Jeff W.

"A Standard In Excellence"

What do you like best?

The best thing I like about LR is how simple and easy it is to get up and running quickly and how incredibly amazing your images look after a 10-minute retouch. It is easy to import an image and then get it to the development stage. Once in development, the sky is the limit. There are a tremendous amount of adjustments that can be made from mild to wild - just explore and make things beautiful and interesting

What do you dislike?

I would like to see LR with jump-lists or shortcuts to specific folders. I am not a fan of the way LR limits you with the organization of files. Maybe I am missing something, but it seems to me that it is difficult to arrange your images int folders and then quickly retrieve them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take your time and learn the program. Play with all the features and let your creativity go wild. There are a ton of features and every one has a value. Explore and create with each.

The best is taking a really crappy image from someone - where every parameter is set wrong and bringing the photo "back-to-life". We've saved time and money not having to do reshoots. Sometimes when you initially look at an image it looks great, but when you have the opportunity to tweak it - you end up with something truly amazing. In fact, sometimes the photos start to look "too good" and you have to actually tone it down a notch or two.

Lightroom review by Diego C.
Diego C.

"Amazing photo editing software"

What do you like best?

I love the versatility and how user friendly it is, I like that you can implement any presets and develop your own. I like the different options that are presented to edit your photos and images.

What do you dislike?

Not having enough presets to choose from and the cost per month. I wish it was a little cheaper or a one time payment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great software for photo editing, the only thing I wish that could change is the cost of the adobe software, it would be good if it could be a little cheaper or a one time payment and that you can have an alternative to edit videos.

Photography and image editing for my freelance work and social media. I find it really useful to use presets and give the same look and style to my photography. I like how you have different ways and settings to manipulate and make changes to photos.

Lightroom review by Steve L.
Steve L.

"Still the best programme for combined DAM and editing"

What do you like best?

one stop shop for filing and editing pic

What do you dislike?

The endless subscription business model.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look closely at ON One photo raw. If this programme also offered the basic video filing and tweaking that Lightroom gives I would switch to it, because I dont like the fact that if you stop paying a subscription to Adobe you lose your software.

Non-destructive editing of images. I can keep the original raw file intact and make infinite edits without taking up more storage space. Virtual copies and virtual collections allow easy modifications and categorising. The mapping, printing and slideshow modules are also excellent. I can also export the edited versions of images to a new set of folders and keep the originals as backups. This gives a working copy (which I also back up to Google photos) as well as the originals. The raw file editing is excellent, as you dont need to use a different interface; the programme treats raw files like any other format.

Lightroom review by Daniel S.
Daniel S.

"Great program for brining out the best in your photos"

What do you like best?

Photoshop Lightroom has made a huge difference to the quality of my photos.

It has given me a greater understanding of what is visually pleasing to look at.

It gives me the ability to manipulate and change my photos in almost anyway possible.

What do you dislike?

It can be a little confusing initially to learn the program as there are so many different controls and options for editing your photos.

My advice would be to watch a few Youtube tutorials and maybe read a few blogs on Photoshop Lightroom as there are just so many different possibilities with this editing program

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take some time to review online tutorials to help you understand how to effectively use this product, as it can be a bit complicated at first. Youtube has plenty of great videos that will put you on the right track.

Photoshop Lightroom has increased the quality of my images to the point where I actually receive compliments more so than I did before I was using it.

I can now effectively edit a photo relatively quickly and create a very high quality visually pleasing image.

Lightroom review by <span ue="safe-name" data-safe-name-id="d22815c5-24db-4fb6-83da-377b671db9f6">Joshua J.</span>
Joshua J.
" itemprop="name" />

"Steep learning curve with quick rewards"

What do you like best?

Work flow from import to post contained in single application.

What do you dislike?

It can feel a bit crowded/cluttered sometimes - also, sometimes struggles to export larger images even under good hardware.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have qualified creatives on your time who are working on images in house, this is a good solution (having said that, Creatives tend to come with their own "workflows" and its usually good not to mess with that.)

We've tried to streamline image management for our online social media accounts (e.g., Instagram). Lightroom allows us to manage, create and publish very professional images in a quick, reliable manner (after an initial heavy investment in how to use it well.) Also, when we get work done by external sources, they industry standard tends to be the Adobe Creative Suite - as such, we can work with almost any image file type once we get it back from the third party. This has been particular helpful with raw images when we have done on-location work with professional photographers.

Lightroom review by Megan N.
Megan N.

"My Go-To Photo Editing Software"

What do you like best?

This is the most reliable, highest quality photo editing software that I have used. I use Adobe Lightroom Classic. I like that it supports camera tethering and has a great mix of features. The new CC 2018 update released Lightroom CC, which is beautifully organized and has some great features as well. Ultimately the best features in my opinion are the RAW file capabilities. I also love the integration with Pixieset, although the plugin can be finicky at times.

What do you dislike?

I wish that Adobe Lightroom Classic was as clean and as organized as Adobe Lightroom CC. I really wish that Adobe Lightroom CC supported camera tethering, because if it did I would switch to that updated program in a heartbeat. The only frustrating issue I have sometimes with Adobe Lightroom involves linking—I find that I'm often missing files and struggle to relink them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you ever use Photoshop, you need Lightroom too. This program was made for photographers and image editors, whether professional or amateur. Don't hesitate to give it a try! The quality is professional, and there's little to no learning curve.

Camera tethering and the program's ease of use makes workflow so much smoother and my turnaround time is shorter. I do still use Photoshop for more advanced editing and photo manipulation.

Lightroom review by Jon L.
Jon L.

"Lightroom Blows Away The Competition"

What do you like best?

Lightroom allows me to organize, cull, edit, and export photos for both my main job, as well as my side business. Lightroom (LR) has recently changed slightly in the new CC2018 update, and it has added some great new features. Ultimately, LR has made my life easier and my job quicker just based on the organization alone. I love that with a RAW photo I can pull out details and push exposure without damaging the overall look of the photo, but the biggest feature that I love is the ability to share a link to a collection to a client where they can view and I can edit in real time that they can view too.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much to dislike with Adobe Lightroom. The one thing that I could do without would be all the LR Presets. It would be great if there was a way to hide those without deleting them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Forget Capture One or any of the other products out there Lightroom is at the top. If you use Photoshop you need Lightroom too.

Lightroom is how I make money. I edit and export straight from there to final files. Seriously, if you can perform your job only using one or two programs it makes life so much easier.

The biggest benefit that I have seen so far is the ability to share photos with my clients through a link and to export the photos into whatever needs my clients need.

Lightroom review by Liz W.
Liz W.

"Lightroom Makes Workflow Flow"

What do you like best?

I primarily use Lightroom for HDR purposes. I am a photographer and often shoot real estate. I have not found any other HDR capable software that produces the quality that Lightroom produces.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that Lightroom does not (yet) allow for batch HDR processing. It is somewhat time consuming to have to process each series of 5-bracketed images and wait for those to produce one HDR image, then manually move on to the next set of 5, etc. I know there are workarounds, but a batch process should be native to Lightroom.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a photographer, either amateur or professional, Lightroom is a must. It has capabilities that both exceed and complement Photoshop. Specifically, its HDR processing produces higher quality results than any other software I've ever used. It also works in conjunction with Photoshop and Bridge. Adjustments you make to an image in Photoshop carry over when you open that image in Lightroom.

I am able to increase productivity in my business since Lightroom speeds up the process of shooting real estate through its HDR processing. It removes the need for me to light houses the old fashioned way. I can now "light them up" in Lightroom.

Lightroom review by Rafael A.
Rafael A.

"excellent and easy"

What do you like best?

is the perfect tool for the treatment of digital images, this program is the best ally of the photographers since it helps in 100% to this area because the program goes in direction to them, all its elements are of help to treat photographs, their layers of light, contracts, among other things.

What do you dislike?

I feel that some elements are missing so that the works or projects that are carried out through this program obtain a better quality and look a bit more professional, their tools are good but certainly require a few improvements

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are working in the area of photography and editing, this program was made for you, do not hesitate to acquire it and learn to use all its functions, elements and tools, once they do they will have in their hands a great ally for the work

in the field of photography, this program is an essential tool since, unlike other programs, it is directed 90% to photographers, to help them edit their work and give it effects so that they obtain a better quality

Lightroom review by Caylie G.
Caylie G.

"Streamlined Photoshop Photo Editing"

What do you like best?

My favorite part of Lightroom is the strip of photos at the bottom. It allows me to bulk edit and cull with incredible efficiency. Editing photoshoots has just become ridiculously better. I'm not kidding--there are hours of time difference between using Photoshop Lightroom for the bulk editing versus individually editing on Photoshop alone. Hours. I guess the downfall is I don't want to rip my hair out as often and I get less stress headaches. What a shame.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it seems like Lightroom struggles with linking--it often tells me it can't find photos when I haven't moved them or renamed any folders, etc. It's usually fixed with a relinking step, but every once in a while it unlinks most of my photos and that is a huge time waster.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you've named the files in the way you want them to be named. As in, don't rename files or folders where the pictures exist as it freaks out the program and you will waste valuable time by relinking and re-finding the photos. There are a ton of quality free presets out there, but I always at least adjust them and resave them to my liking.

I cut down my culling and basic editing time dramatically using Lightroom. I still use Photoshop for major editing/photo manipulation (Photoshop is still WAY better for "healing" images). I also really love that I can quickly bulk export photos and if I want to, even adjust the max size, add a watermark, define maximum quality, and input data.

Lightroom review by Alex R.
Alex R.

"Lightroom in the work place"

What do you like best?

I love that I am able to turn relatively decent pictures into amazing pieces that can pass as professional photographer quality for clients. The tools built into the program allow me to improve the photos I take with a basic point and shoot camera. Lightroom has become one of my main tools on a weekly, sometimes daily, basis.

What do you dislike?

The tools of the program were a bit hard to figure out at first. I found myself continuously using the "help" feature to find certain tools or settings for the photo. After using the program continuously for some time i became very familiar with it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take your time and utilize the help forums.

When I am unable to have a quick turnaround with a professional photographer I am able to utilize the program myself. This allows us as a company to quickly push out a final product and stay on task.

Lightroom review by Brianna L.
Brianna L.

"Lightroom has been a lifesaver! "

What do you like best?

The ease of creating and accessing different collections to seperate my sessions. It makes editing and exporting a breeze!

What do you dislike?

Some of the plug-ins havent worked for me such as the Pixieset upload plug in.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Dont hesitate! If youre a photographer looking for editing software with ease of access and little to no learning curve, this is your program! I cant say enough good things about LR. I love the ability to import,cull, edit and export all in the same platform. The ability to export into another program such as photoshop for more complex editing and then back into lightroom is so easy! Lightroom is an amazing program. I can also find a style that I love for a session and create my own presets to make editing even faster! If I purchase presets from a fellow admired photog, I can easily import them into Lightroom and use them in any session.

Because my workflow is so much smoother, my turnaround time for delivering sessions has shortened. This also makes my profits greater because Im not spending as much time editing

Lightroom review by Kirsten R.
Kirsten R.

"Love "

What do you like best?

I love the way that I can create beautiful photos and customize every detail.

What do you dislike?

I wish I could import transparent PNG files so when I do my graphic design work I can use Lightroom too.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great program for those who are photographers. You can truly create the photos that you have always wanted to create. I love the preset option so with this I am able to create unlimited presets that I can use for all different environments. I also love the way to flag and organize my photos. This is great when I am trying to figure out what I want to edit and what photos have been already edited. I also love the ability to save my export settings as well, so I can create image dimensions and image file sizes depend on where the image is going to be saved.

A business problem that I am solving with Lightroom is the ability to create presets that I can, therefore, sell online to my customers. There are so many benefits to Lightroom such as creating beautiful images and organizing them in Lightroom the way I need them to be,

Lightroom review by Edgar O.
Edgar O.

"Great software for anyone ranging from amateur to professional"

What do you like best?

Lightroom is simply the best software out there for editing the lighting in your photos. There's a reason why Adobe is always the go-to for image editing software. Before using Lightroom, I wondered why my photos just didn't seem to capture the vibrance of the real world that I was experiencing. Lightroom allowed me to fix this, and with some truly impressive editing tools create the photos that I'd always hoped I would be able to capture.

What do you dislike?

This is a con but also a pro. There are so many options in Lightroom (and all Adobe editing software), that it can be overwhelming. However, once you get adjusted to some of the features, it can become second nature. I'm thankful to have more options as opposed to less, as I'm always a google search away from figuring what I need due to Adobe's vast resources. The subscription however is a little expensive, so I only subscribe when I need it for a project.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you can get over the steep learning curve, you will find the Lightroom is some incredibly powerful software that will make your photographs look incredible.

As a software and website developer I wanted to be able to incorporate my own images to give them a professional touch. With Lightroom I was able to professionally edit my photos to give an upgraded sense of quality.

Lightroom review by Liam T.
Liam T.

"Accessible, Powerful, Complete."

What do you like best?

Incredibly simple interface. Catalogs all my photos. Reminds me to back up my catalogs.

What do you dislike?

Can get slow when editing large numbers of files. Adobe's supprt is never great, it's generally the forum users that resolve issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There is no reason NOT to use Lightroom. If you are in any way looking to catalog, process, print or deliver photos, this is where you want to be.

Ignore the "rental software" nonsense. For what you pay a year for Lightroom, would take several years to add up to buying another companies software. Lightroom is always kept up to date, and moving forward. No need up pay an upgrade fee to have the latest features as with other brands.

Lightroom isn't just a photo editing software. Lightroom is an entire catalog system for your photos, and it grows as you grow. Switching drives? No problem, you can copy an entire catalog. Want to have multiple back ups of your catalogs? No problem, Lightroom can create them for you (in fact it will remind you to do so). Lightroom can handle everything from Import and catalog, to editing, to print and delivery (both digitally AND via tie ins with popular photobook services).

Every update has added features that Either I have wondered if they would add, or I didn't even think about wanting. Lightroom is a focus for Adobe, and it shows with every update they release. Well thought out, but also considering what the users say they want and need, not just what they think we need.

Lightroom review by Manuela B.
Manuela B.

"Great photo management and lots of options"

What do you like best?

I think Lightroom has excellent photo management and organization tools. My workflow became so simple and effective after finding this piece of software! I also love that it is integrated with other related software, especially Photoshop. Lightroom uses non-destructive photo editing, which means it preserves my original photo and I can always hit the reset button.

What do you dislike?

I noticed that the import is a bit slow, and also the raw conversion should be improved to reach the standards of other similar softwares. If you want to access the mobile apps, you need to upgrade your service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you use Photoshop for photo editing, then give Lightroom a try! You will not only realize that you can do most of your work there, but you will also be more efficient.

As a phorographer, editing photos has become much more efficient and I can edit more in a shorter period of time.

Also, the library organization is pretty helpful, and I don't spend time anymore to create folders. I simply select the photos and click "Import". Lightroom does the rest of the job.

Lightroom review by Julio Cesar T.
Julio Cesar T.

"Total quality in the retouching of photographs and absolute control over images"

What do you like best?

Very good program is very useful for my photographs. When performing the adjustment of colors, shadows and lights to the image and maintain the quality. You can set the watermark to several images

What do you dislike?

From the beginning the program seemed a little complicated to me because it is different from the other Adobe programs but I already dominate it easily because I use it daily with clients. on the internet there are tutorials that help us a lot to master the products

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend this program to photography professionals to obtain quality in their images and simplify their work, to save time and obtain amazing results, it is the best thing that there is in digital retouching.

For me it is a great advantage to organize the files in several groups or folders of images to achieve an automatic synchronization in the Catalog. What impresses me most is being able to apply multiple adjustments to images automatically, which will then be published on the Internet or exported for offset printing. It simplifies in my work area the process of cleaning the images with the function of Stain Removal, it is very useful and it is easy for me to remove defects of the photos caused by dirty in the lens of the camera or unwanted details in the image that were not detected at the time of making the shots, it is really a very useful tool, as well as the red eye correction

Lightroom review by Alaina B.
Alaina B.

"Wonderful capabilities"

What do you like best?

Lightroom, in my opinion, is the photo editing software of choice and is essential for photographers. I love having all of the features built in and the ability to manipulate the images. I still use photoshop in conjunction with Lightroom, but that is due to my inexperience with the software.

What do you dislike?

Not so much what I dislike about the software itself, but more of how much time it takes just to familiarize yourself with the software. I feel as if I finally get a handle on it and the entire platform changes and introduces new capabilities. Don't get me wrong...the capabilities are fabulous! I would just like for it to be more user friendly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sign up for all of the tutorials that you possibly can. I've been using Lightroom since 2015 and have yet to master it. Really take the time to familiarize yourself with all of the features and the capabilities of the software because, honestly, the possibilities are endless.

We are able to take a photograph taken by a volunteer and enhance it to suit our needs. Lightroom enables us to fix the settings of the camera after the fact.

Lightroom review by Holly V.
Holly V.

"Lightroom is perfect for Wedding Photographers"

What do you like best?

I love the ease of batch editing, that I can save presets and then copy and paste those same edits for other photos in the same lighting. I also like the ease of watermarking for photos that I need to send to vendors, etc. I also love the new features for lightroom mobile that allow you to have photos on multiple devices with the ability to edit on another.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the slowness once too many albums have been created.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The creative cloud allows you to receive updates while also being able to use the program on other computers. Lightroom mobile allows you to work on the same photo from multiple devices.

Lightroom has definitely sped up my workflow so that I am no longer bogged down by editing and am able to deliver photos to my clients quicker to ensure their satisfaction.

Lightroom review by Brian F.
Brian F.

"Great Software, Very User-Friendly, Perfect for Beginners to Experienced Photographers"

What do you like best?

The user interface is extremely inviting and easy to use. A quick five minute YouTube video will set you off on the right path and before you know it, you're editing the night away. You can easily edit multiple files and move between photos with ease. For all the wedding and product photographers out there, this makes life a breeze.

Additionally, the lens calibration is nice to have. This is also in Photoshop, but it helps to correct any lens distortion that has taken place with automatic presets for your specific camera and lens. For a beginner, this is a huge plus.

What do you dislike?

Very few things to complain about here. The only thing that can cause some hiccups with me is not having enough room to see the file paths. If you have a large number of folders or accessing something like a company network drive, the screen can become crowded at times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There's really no other software that I can think of that beats it. It's simple, lightweight, and easy to learn. What more can you ask for? The only thing holding it back is the price. The creative cloud is not cheap, but Adobe does offer a cheaper package for just lightroom and photoshop, which is idea if you only edit photos.

Lightroom is a lightweight solution compared to Photoshop. It makes making small adjustments to photos, that are needed, quick and painless. There's no need to go through an extensive process to change the white balance. Rather, it's a quick one and done if that's all that's needed.

Lightroom review by Erin G.
Erin G.

"Lightroom makes portrait session edits quick and efficient."

What do you like best?

I really enjoy being able to create presets as well as download presets and import them into the software. It's also very useful in batch editing to create proofs for my clients. This has cut down my work time significantly.

What do you dislike?

The catalogue system can get messy and if anything changes in the files themselves, correcting the connection to the catalogue can be confusing and time consuming.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It takes time getting used to it but once you learn the features, whether from a class or youtube tutorials and articles, it will significantly decrease time spent editing and give more time for creative projects. I especially like this for portrait and boudoir sessions where it's a fast turnaround and I won't be revisiting the images for a long term project or series.

This program helps me create proofs for my client with a very fast turnaround time. It prevents me from spending too much time on a computer and more time being creative and spending time with my partner and friends.

Lightroom review by Kingsley Nathan C.
Kingsley Nathan C.

"Instagram filters can step aside, LR is 160x better "

What do you like best?

Lightroom is mainly a photo editing piece of software but it really goes beyond photo editing. It's great for an entire library and organizing your edited photos. When you see those beautiful photos on instagram, they're not just instagram filtered. They've all gone through post production wit light room. Things I love most is the simplistic tools. Crop rotate are easy to use. Never fear the slanted horizon photos as lightroom fixes that easy. Where the real power comes is the multiple areas you can apply filters to one photo, where instagram is all or nothing to the entire photo. Also the comparison mode, using the y key is great to see how your photo has gone from dull to pop. Bringing out the eyes in all photos is a snap with the masking tools. I could go on and on but best to try it yourself. The software makes almost all photos better.

What do you dislike?

It's not free or cheap. I also dislike the need to import the photos to work on them. I understand why we need to do that, so Lr can index, but sometimes I just want to do a quick edit of a photo. I end up using photoshop sometimes to do a quick touch up. But in reality both software is needed to get the perfect picture.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Lightroom has been hidden behind it's bigger brother photoshop. I would recommend everyone to try out LR as it is much easier and direct to get the photo editing done. It's every image's best friend. Post production!

Increasing photo perfection beyond the regular cameras ability, which sets any visual media used above the competition.

Lightroom review by Lily T.
Lily T.

"A great addition to the Creative Cloud suite, if you're already using the other programs. "

What do you like best?

It's well integrated into the Creative Cloud system and lets me switch between that and Photoshop effortlessly. Its neat organization system and non-destructive editing methods have both saved me on many occasions, as I have a tendency to lose earlier versions and files in Photoshop.

What do you dislike?

It lags my computer a pretty significant amount; it's rather slow. I've never had an issue with any of the other CC programs or image organization programs. Everytime I click on it by accident, I brace myself for the long wait.

I am able to non-destructively edit raw photography files, as well as neatly organize them. I am able to keep track of the majority of my client's files as well as adjust them very late into the process if it turns out something had gone wrong.

Lightroom review by Stefano T.
Stefano T.

"Ideal to manage huge amount of photos simultaneously"

What do you like best?

The best feature about Adobe Photoshop Lightroom is the ability to manage huge amount of photos at the same time, easily applying filters and color corrections. Another great feature is the great availability of presets and actions by other users, usually free to download online. I love the white spot correction, the shadows/lights management, the well integrated exposure controls and the noise reduction feature — all of them are easy to use and very efficient.

What do you dislike?

I primarily use Lightroom for color correction on many photos, and Photoshop for retouching. It would be great (but impossibile) to have some easy-to-use retouching tools also in Lightroom. As a matter of fact, Adobe Photoshop Lightroom is quite heavy about RAM usage, and sometimes freezes up for some seconds. Another feature I dislike is the backup/library stuff: I don't want always a copy of a photo in the library, it would be perfect if the default set of Lightroom is sort of a modify - and - leave - the - photo - where - it - is.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't expect the full features of Photoshop. But it's perfect when it comes to compare and color-correct many photos at the same time.

It really helps when it comes to correct colors, light, dominants, shadows, ecc... simoultaneously in many photos. It's also great to view and compare different photos of the same subject, when it comes to select the best photo of an entire set.

Lightroom review by Sara C.
Sara C.

"My Photoshop Lightroom Review"

What do you like best?

Excellent photo management and organization. Camera and lens-based corrections. Brush and gradient adjustments with color and luminescence masking. Face detection and tagging. Connected mobile apps. Adobe's Photoshop Lightroom remains the gold standard in pro photo workflow software. It's a complete package, with top-notch organization tools, state of-the-art adjustments, and all the output and printing options you'd want.

What do you dislike?

Although improved, import is still slow. Initial raw conversion is slightly more detailed in some competing products.

Lightroom is great for anyone who is interested in efficiently editing many photos (with the same lighting.) After watching a couple of tutorials, I am now able to enhance the lighting in my photos much quicker than with Elements. Lightroom will allow you to take the exact same edits from one photo and apply it to other photos with a simple copy and paste.

Lightroom review by Dave B.
Dave B.