Photoshop Lightroom

Photoshop Lightroom provides a comprehensive set of digital photography tools, from powerfully simple one-click adjustments to cutting-edge advanced controls.

Work for Photoshop Lightroom?

Learning about Lightroom?

Photoshop Lightroom Reviews

Showing 1043 Lightroom reviews
Lightroom review by <span>shambhavi k.</span>
shambhavi k.

"Photoshop lightroom"

What do you like best?

Lightroom doesn't eliminate the need for Photoshop, in fact because it comes from Adobe it integrates well with it. It supports Adobe Camera RAW which is the same processing that Photoshop uses. Lightroom can be thought of as a management and quick editing tool for photojournalists.Lightroom is an image management and editing program also developed by Adobe, the same folks who created Photoshop. Using Lightroom, photographers are able to work through their images from import, to sorting and organization, to processing, and finally all the way to export and sharing on the web.

What do you dislike?

The things I do no like in lightroom is there is no layers or blend modes and minimal graphic design elements like adding text elements or making advanced collages also limited editing options.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very easy to use and it does not support as much as Photoshop does.

I use it for light photo editing as it does the same things as Photoshop. It is very easy to use, so I use this instead of photoshop for light editing.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Photoshop Lightroom
Lightroom review by <span>Jacob G.</span>
Jacob G.

"Best Software for Photography Workflow"

What do you like best?

Lightroom is THE go-to tool for the fast development of thousands of RAW image files. I can batch process hundreds of files at once in seconds with the same presets and settings and export them with custom names and watermarks just as fast. Lightroom also has a seamless integration with Photoshop, so if I find that a photo needs certain tweaks that Lightroom isn't capable of, I simply export the digital negative to Photoshop, perform my edits, and the digital negative is saved back into Lightroom.

What do you dislike?

When it comes to photo manipulation or extensive photo editing, Lightroom comes a bit short, and it doesn't come anywhere near the power of Photoshop, but for quick edits it serves its purpose.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Lightroom is too often confused with Photoshop. Photoshop is an intensive photo-editing tool with the power to digitally manipulate photos and create content from scratch. Lightroom is more about photo development and allows for less intensive photo editing. It's for pros who know what they're doing and need to streamline their workflow to achieve faster and better results.

I was strictly a Photoshop user before a fellow photographer showed me the power of Lightroom. Once I got familiar with it, the program helped me cut my photo development time in half—probably more! That's more time I get to devote to advertising my business or client relations.

What Photo Editing solution do you use?

Lightroom review by <span>Ana S.</span>
Ana S.

"To create the most incredible photos"

What do you like best?

Photoshop Lightroom allows me to save time in the edition of familiar images and of work so fast and easy to use to edit in high resolution, adjust brightness, sharpness, saturation, contrast, lighting, color, apply filters, touch up areas, with it not I can only touch up but also manage, organize, prepare digital photographs to share on social networks in a quick and easy way. It has storage in the cloud which allows me to have my images always available

What do you dislike?

This is an application that I consider, its only limitation is that it is used only to edit photographs, and not to manipulate graphics

Recommendations to others considering the product

Edit photos with your computer, smartphone or tablet and the changes will be automatically applied to all devices

With this application you have the advantage of being able to share image gallery with clients or public to promote a desired job or an advertisement

Lightroom review by <span>Mark W.</span>
Mark W.

"Great for a Photography Business"

What do you like best?

I work in a photography studio where I am in charge of the editing. There are just a couple photographers here but they have multiple editing styles. So I love that I can manage all their editing styles with the presets. Long gone are the days are editing every individual one by one. With the presets you can edit in groups of photos. Also you can quickly jump from one preset to another. I love that when the photographer gets a better preset they can send it to the studio and we can utilize their new one and toss out their old ones. It's nice also to look at their preset history to see how their styles have evolved and changed over the course of their work.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that the new version is slower while viewing than the previous version. We have updated it pretty often and the consensus has been that the new version is still lower, it has better qualities such as the warping especially when someone it utilizing a wide angel lens, we can just go in straighten lines, but speed is always a plus in the photography industry. The camera raw files are huge and they take awhile to load and process so the faster that a program can do the things it is suppose to, then the better it is and the more we'd love to work with other products that the company has to offer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you find yourself wasting a lot of time editing your albums, this will help you tremendously, use this on about 99% of all the editing work we do on our photographs. If you get the photographer subscription photoshop is bundled with it for only 10 bucks a month. Thats cheap!

We can send out images faster due to bulk editing and also we can send out more. Since it so efficient as basic editing we have the ability to send out clients more images to choose from and also more images faster. When you fulfill your clients requirements in an expedite manner they are always grateful and it makes you look professional, timely and good in their eyes.

Lightroom review by <span>Leslie K.</span>
Leslie K.

"Easy to edit a ton of photos at once - I have no idea how photographers did it before Lightroom!"

What do you like best?

It makes adjusting the lighting of shots a breeze.

You can easily apply your own style of photography to an entire photoshoot at once.

The exporting options are robust.

You can sync edits across similar files.

The whole thing is just one magnificent program!

What do you dislike?

It's slow. I have a decent computer, but the program still feels sluggish. Photos can take a moment or two to load to preview.

I'm pretty well acquainted with Adobe CC, but I found Lightroom to be unintuitive at first. There are still times where it acts differently than I'd expect based on my usage of the other Adobe CC products

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give yourself adequate training to familiarize yourself with the program. It was a pain for me to start right in without that initial training.

It would take me forever to edit an entire photoshoot in photoshop. I have no idea how it didn't drive me batty. It saves me a lot of time even though I'm not primarily a photographer.

Lightroom review by <span>Sarah O.</span>
Sarah O.

"Wonderful Photo Editing Tool"

What do you like best?

What's not to like? Much easier for the amateur photo editor than Adobe Photoshop, this is a great program that many Photographers/editors of all skill levels can rave about. Top uses for this program: color adjustments, lighting/exposure adjustment, and the ability to print and export hi-resolution images which can be used for downloading, sharing, etc. Another great thing about it, if you need more advanced editing ...it can be integrated across other Adobe programs such as Photoshop.

What do you dislike?

The tool overlay function is a pet peeve for me. When using the spot removal tool (clone & heal), the tool overlay can be a little frustrating when you are trying to edit out a variety of spots, especially when whatever you are trying to edit is really close together.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can't go wrong with this one, but if you need more advanced photo editing capabilities you will likely want other programs in the creative cloud suite as well.

Many business-related and creative tasks can be completed with Lightroom. It's great for small business application as well as large scale creative areas. As far as Photography, I've seen it used not just as a program for editing photos but also as a way to share presets (kind of like an editing template) among other Photographers/editors...which you can share for free or for a fee. It can also be used for slideshow presentations, print media (books, photos), and web-based applications.

Learning about Photoshop Lightroom?

* We monitor all Photoshop Lightroom reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.