Want to see who topped the 2019 Best Software Awards?

PHPCI

(6 reviews)

Free and open source continuous integration specifically designed for PHP.

Work for PHPCI?

Learning about PHPCI?

PHPCI Reviews

Showing 6 PHPCI reviews
PHPCI review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

""Easy CI tool for Model, view ,Control of any syatem" "

What do you like best?

I setup PHPCI on my local 'cloud' (yes, I run my own cloud). It was fairly straightforward to setup. Once I got it up and going it took me a while to get an actual test to pass. I integrated with GitHub and the build result came out nicely, but the tests failed. As I didn't have a clear understanding of how PHPCI performed the actual unit tests, it took me a while to figure out what caused the failure. Regardless, it is now up an running nicely, and has been stable for weeks. I'd recommend at least giving PHPCI a try.

* Clean smooth interface

* YAML driven testing

* Awesome integration with YAML

* GitHub integration

* Built in composer

Basically, once I got the product up and running I was quite happy with it. It does continuous integration testing quite well.

What do you dislike?

My experience was with a very customized ecommerce projetc (prestashop 1.5.6.1) and the bad results come by:

- Too much time to perform the builds, we are talking about 15h. ;(

- The translations (spanish in our cases) are not completed at all.

- There is not too much information and support from the community comparing with another CI tools like Jenkins, TravisCI or CircleCI.

Additionally, there is no option to purchase support, the installation and administration should be performed by yourself. (This could be a good point if you have a Devops profiles/Team)

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a CI tool focused on PHP projects (better if your project is PHP 7.x) maybe PHPCI could help you.

Although, I think that the tool needs to improve in vary ways if want to be a solid alternative to the above tools mentioned.

The scope was to implement a CI tool to build a Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery environment, focused in projetcs developed in PHP mainly.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about PHPCI
PHPCI review by Aitor A.
Aitor A.

"Fast and Easy CI tool but needs to improve and mature"

What do you like best?

Fast and easy implementation.

No too much server hardware requirements needed.

Very easy and intuitive working.

Simple integration with source code repositories (like github, gitlab, etc...).

The builds can be performed by a manually execution or scheduling a cronjob,. Additionally, you can setup a worker whcih run in background and will execute the build placed into the Beanstalkd queue. Obviously, you need to install Beanstalkd and Supervisord.

The tools give you the possibility to work with 5.6+ PHP versions. This is a good point.

The integration and works with Github was perfectly functional and no errors.

- Too much time to perform the builds, we are talking about 15h. ;(

- The translations (spanish in our cases) are not completed at all.

Recommendations to others considering the product

What Continuous Integration solution do you use?

PHPCI review by Kyle W.
Kyle W.

"Easy for those with PHP knowledge, difficult for those without."

* Clean smooth interface

* YAML driven testing

* Awesome integration with YAML

* GitHub integration

* Built in composer

What do you dislike?

* Setup configuration largely in PHP code

* Login section seemed to have trouble - I removed it.

* Currently, this is not a deployment utility.

* Updating it might be fun...

Recommendations to others considering the product

Only use PHPCI for PHP.

Only use it if the person maintaining the server knows php.

Only use PHPCI if you want to use the correct tool (php for php integration),

Do not use it for deployment.

Open Source Continuous integration without Jenkins. It works, I don't have to run Java - it just works.

PHPCI review by Lucas d.
Lucas d.

"Continuous Integration with PHPCI is really simple asd "

What do you like best?

The first thing I really liked in PHPCI is how simple you can install and configure with your applications, in comparison with other application of Continuous Integration PHPCI for me was the one with I spent least time configuring, other feature that I liked so much too is the web interface with the graphics and the all the deployment results, it's clear and simple to understand.

What do you dislike?

Something that I didn't like was that you can only execute the deploy via command like or scheduling a job, I didn't see in the version I was working a button in the web interface where I can execute the deploy, I like to work in command line, but I think it could be better if I have a button in the web interface to execute the deploy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

PHPCI is excellent tool and it need to keep improving it in each new version, I have sure that soon is going to be the main tool to work with CI in PHP.

Before I use PHPCI I had to do everything manually, in the beginning it's good because you learn but after some time is waste time, I tried others sofware before, but I was wasting more time trying to install and configure. With PHPCI I improve all the process of deploying applications in my job in a really simple way.

PHPCI review by Elton Schivei C.
Elton Schivei C.

"A simple way to use CI in PHP"

What do you like best?

I liked the execution of options provided by the app and code coverage.

What do you dislike?

I think it lacked integration controlled by micro service container, like docker to increase the application of test possibilities.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The product is very stable and has excellent usability.

Unit testing each commit code to version control, provided a detailed analysis of the problems, enabling the correction before it is reported or perceived by the end customer.

PHPCI review by Administrator in Computer Games
Administrator in Computer Games

"for php it is really the best"

What do you like best?

i've tried in one of my personal project and it works well, also have easy include a lot of tools related to php that is easy to set it up

What do you dislike?

not so popular, many people do not know about it, i already suggested but they prefer use jenkins instead

Recommendations to others considering the product

just give a try, it is better than jenkins for php in my opinion, dont let the popularity of jenkins interfer your decision

after commit deployment, beneficts automated deployment

Learning about PHPCI?

* We monitor all PHPCI reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.