phpMyAdmin

phpMyAdmin is a free software tool written in PHP, intended to handle the administration of MySQL over the World Wide Web.

Work for phpMyAdmin?

Learning about phpMyAdmin?

phpMyAdmin Reviews

Ask phpMyAdmin a Question
Showing 63 phpMyAdmin reviews
phpMyAdmin review by <span>Olimar P.</span>
Olimar P.

phpMyAdmin, makes everything easier

What do you like best?

is an open source tool, which facilitates the administration of databases based on Mysql, thanks to its very intuitive user interface to perform all the tasks required by a DB: creation of tables, fields, backups, operations with fields and import of data from different formats, such as spreadsheets, widely used by end users. One of its great advantages is the interface to run querys to add, subtract or modify data and the evaluation of the time it takes, which represents a great utility when measuring the performance of the applications in which the BD is to be implemented. Although it is not a tool for end users, its usability allows it to be a great substitute for spreadsheets and for cases in which applications can take a long time to develop, it can be used for future operators of the applications, can load data directly to the BD, while the development of the application ends. It is a great tool with 19 years of evolution, to make prototypes of BD and to be able to measure and visualize statistics of BD performance.

What do you dislike?

must improve capacity problems when importing very large BD. you should be able to choose between several themes in different colors, which would make your use more pleasant

Recommendations to others considering the product

to make the administration of BD in MySQL easier using phpMyAdmin, the graphical environment is very intuitive and nice

we use phpMyAdmin to import data that start loading in spreadsheets and end up in a DB, as it should be

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about phpMyAdmin
phpMyAdmin review by <span>Mohan K.</span>
Mohan K.

Easy to manage database management application

What do you like best?

There is no any feature that i didn't like.All features are nice in phpMyAdmin such as Database import and export, import with support of older version of phpMyAdmin,Export only structure/data, search through the database, easily rename table name, easily change storage engine, Easy to define primary or other keys.

What do you dislike?

phpMyAdmin doesn't provide much more themes. It provides few themes also but I tried mostly not stable themes. At some places, all themes seem not supported.Other thing i din't like for phpMyAdmin is that mostly windows PC users can use this application and its also available for mac OS but its not easy to install in mac OS.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Actually, no need for the recommendation because who are using Windows PC ( mostly Developers ) or for live sites mostly buy Linux Panel always comes with phpMyAdmin. But still, who are using VPS / AWS, I recommend installing phpMyAdmin as database management application.

Mostly for WordPress sites i used phpMyAdmin ( which is inbuilt in CPanel ) to create database.Otherthan, i used search feature to find anything within whole database helped me many times. Writing directly queries in SQL tab is also helped me.I also used export features to export only structure of database ( not data ). I used DataDictionary feature every time while i used InnoDB storage Engine. In Mostly application data dictionary used for make relationship between 2 tables make very easy.So phpMyAdmin helped me many ways comparing to any other Database Management Application.

What Non-Native Database Management Systems solution do you use?

phpMyAdmin review by <span>Ajmeri S.</span>
Ajmeri S.

Best Free database management tool with PHP

What do you like best?

I am using PHPMyAdmin since I was done my bachelors in college annually projects! The PHPMyAdmin is the best database management tool with PHP. In my company, we are using it for all applications.

it's solid, it has all the features mostly we need to develop easy to complex applications in PHP.

Installation is very easy and very fast. the PHPMyAdmin also have database normalization which helps us to split complex data-structure of the table into sub-tables.

Phpmyadmin easily handles huge size of the database. in terms of performance and speed if you manage tables in optimize manner then you will get the best speed performance compared to other database management tools.

The user easily accesses phpmyadmin because of its great GUI layout. a normal user can also do database management tasks such as insert table, remove the table, add a column to the table.

The Phpmyadmin is best for new beginners too. if you want to use the best database management tool as a beginner or expert then you are choosing best tool.

What do you dislike?

The PHPMyAdmin does have No schema visualization like MySQL / MySQL workbench. if PHPMyAdmin adds this features then it will save lots of time for people who are suited best with visualization.

Using PHPMyAdmin I am developing applications and manage application features such as store data, retrieve data and remove data from a database within easy steps and in the fastest way. PHPMyAdmin helps me to develop and manage database tasks in the very easy way and also very helpful to develop the application with complex data storage features.

phpMyAdmin review by <span>Shreya D.</span>
Shreya D.

phpMyAdmin - A tool to handle operations in MySql and Maria DB

What do you like best?

phpMyAdmin is an easy to use tool to make any modifications in the MySql database. Database, Tables creations is done very easily with the use of wizard. We can also import data from CSV and SQL. Different user accounts with different level or privileges can be created. We can also run any stored procedure or triggers. We can export the data to any format such as SQL, EXCEL, CSV, PDF, XML etc.

What do you dislike?

There is no schema visualization in phpMyAdmin. Foreign Key identification is difficult. No code or syntax error highlighting available. It takes sometimes ages to find the syntax error which could be frustrating at times. There is no option to save the queries in the working directory. We need to copy paste our work into notepad or any other text editor to save the queries every time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend phpMyAdmin to anyone who is at a beginner level when it comes to database creation and management. If we just follow the steps listed in the tool, anyone can create a database, load the data into it and manipulate it

phpMyAdmin is an interactive, intuitive IDE used to create and manage MySQL and Maria databases. We can perform various operations such as selection, updation, insertion and deletion of data from tables. Database, tables, indexes, sequences, stored procedures, triggers and other database object creation can be performed either by writing queries or through a wizard

phpMyAdmin review by <span>Greg D.</span>
Greg D.

PHP MyAdmin is the brains of my operation.

What do you like best?

The thing I like best about PHPMyAdmin is that I can quickly find and edit issues within the database of my Wordpress sites. Many times, when Wordpress has issues and won't allow my clients to login, I can simply go through my hosting dashboard, right to PHPMyAdmin and fix the issue directly in the site's database. This allows me to get them running again fast.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike the most about PHPMyAdmin is the user interface. It feels clunky and old-school. For the sheer number of sites that are built on databases connected to PHPMyAdmin, I would think they could freshen the UI a bit and make operations easier.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take some time and learn how to write basic queries. Even if you're not a programmer, knowing how to get around in this program is very helpful.

I use PHPMyAdmin to resolve technical issues on my clients' websites. I use it when I migrate sites from one domain to another. And I use it when I have to retrieve data from previous versions of web pages. In short it's mostly a tech support tool for me.

phpMyAdmin review by <span>Donald G.</span>
Donald G.

Great Web Based SQL Manager

What do you like best?

I really enjoy the portability of phpMyAdmin. Having a local SQL manager is great, but having a web-based one that is accessible anywhere I have an internet connection is a real plus.

What do you dislike?

While effective, sometimes it takes way to many clicks to accomplish what I want to do. It would also be helpful to have some javascript for autocompletion of table/column names when I'm typing out a query.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't write it off simply because it's been around for a while. They are still innovating and provide a great software.

I use phpMyAdmin for accessing SQL databases on the go. It's been around for a while, so the learning curve for new users/team members is pretty low, and they are able to get up and running fairly quickly. Having a tool that is easy to use and administer helps a lot.

Learning about phpMyAdmin?

* We monitor all phpMyAdmin reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.