PhraseApp

PhraseApp is a very important tool in our product internationalization.

Work for PhraseApp?

Learning about PhraseApp?

PhraseApp Reviews

Ask PhraseApp a Question
Showing 24 PhraseApp reviews
PhraseApp review by Adelaide F.
Adelaide F.

"I highly recommend PhraseApp to other users"

What do you like best?

PhraseApp is very user-friendly and allows us to keep track of any changes, search within several languages, add comments and much more. Most of all it allows to have the original text in English translated to multiple languages with minimum effort. I have been using it for a long time and I am very satisfied with it.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing I can complain about. I am satisfied user as I mentioned above. I have been using PhraseApp for many months, over a year now, and I think it is very easy to use avoiding wasting time with searching for features and setting up things and allowing to concentrate in what is important for us: the translation of our contents.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it and see for yourself.

The best thing is being able to combine several languages in one place. Sending a unique link to all the users we can have several translations with no fuss. It allows the best management of users and translations in multiple languages and saves time to everybody making it the best for everbody.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about PhraseApp
PhraseApp review by Dimitris S.
Dimitris S.

"Excellent application"

What do you like best?

The UI is very easy to follow. The search functionality is very easy and accurate. We also use PhraseApp to follow the translations for about 8 different languages. The option to group users based on roles and apply different permissions on each one saved us many times. Finally, the support they provide is like no one else. Always there and on point.

What do you dislike?

To be honest, I couldn't find anything that I don't like in this application. I personally use it for about 6 months and everything works as it should work, every time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As I said in my review, there are many reasons to choose PhraseApp. The ease of use I think, is the main one though. It can solve problems that you couldn't think of before.

As I said earlier, we keep track of translations of 8+ different languages. They provide exactly the functionality we need, and definitely we are going to trust them.

What Translation Management solution do you use?

PhraseApp review by Sara G.
Sara G.

"Best translation tool!"

What do you like best?

PhraseApp offers all needed features for the most efficient translation management process.

Besides this, I could highlight the following:

- Very friendly and easy UI/UX.

- Exceptional customer service - The support team always offers quick answers and the best solutions.

- Accessible and very detailed documentation to better use PhraseApp.

What do you dislike?

To be honest, after more than one year using PhraseApp I have really not found anything I dislike.

The translation management for more than 20 languages works super smoothly with PhraseApp:

- It gives the translators direct access to the platform.

- With the "in context editor", the translation is done directly on the web page, having the possibility to preview the result.

- You can create specific translation tasks with deadline reminders and relevant information about the specific strings to be translated.

All this means a higher efficiency in terms of communication, implementation, work flow and organization towards the projects.

PhraseApp review by Marina P.
Marina P.

"Amazing automated translation tool!"

What do you like best?

PhraseApp is the most developer friendly and continuous-deployment friendly solution on the market! We turned our manually process into an automated translation process. We now have a better overview of translators and their activities, able to see change audit, translation memory, glossary, tag users in comments, and the ability to order native speakers translations. Also, the search bar is amazing!

What do you dislike?

We would love to be able to do bulk-uploads easily, and edit and save several keys at once. Also, we would like to have the ability to integrate PhraseApp with a third party email management system.

From the moment we started searching for a solution, PhraseApp quickly stood out from the crowd. It worked completely out-of-the-box, we were able to quickly integrate it with our automated development and it immediately proved its worth by supporting one of our company's key partnership.

PhraseApp review by Svante B.
Svante B.

"PhraseApp simplifies my life immensely"

What do you like best?

I really liked the user-friendliness of the App, which allows you to quickly get on with the task at hand.

What do you dislike?

There is not much that I can fault the app for, in fact there is nothing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think it would be nifty if the app (in a later version) allowed the user to choose a language and it would then create a duplicate of the existing list and suggest labels/phrases in the new language. It still need to allow for manual corrections as instant translations might not always be optimal.

I use PhraseApp for setting the right labels on a website I am building, it allows me to quickly fix spelling errors etc.

PhraseApp review by Lukas B.
Lukas B.

"our customers and colleagues love it"

What do you like best?

Phraseapp gives us a great overview over our locales and makes it easy for even non technical people to add and edit translations. Colleagues and Customers can work together to add all necessary translations and as a PO I only have to type in 'phraseapp pull' to the CLI before each release and everyone is happy to see his changes in the productive environment.

Apart from this I never experienced such a great support. Via the website chat you can reach the phraseapp team anytime and if your counterpart is not in office someone else will take over to solve your issues as fast as possible.

What do you dislike?

is there always something one needs to dislike and write 40 characters about it?

Recommendations to others considering the product

use the CLI

We've been using simple json files to manage our translations earlier. We gave them to our customers, they did not know how to handle them and did not know where which key is appearing in frontend.

They came back with an invalid json after 4 weeks minimum and our codebase was already way ahead of their version. Hours of merging had to be done by our devteam.

Now that we have phraseapp, we are using this as the single point of editing locales and just pull the current localestate before each release. Apart from that we can use the screenshot and description feature to let customers know what the key is used for and how it looks like in Frontend.

PhraseApp review by Kaitlyn S.
Kaitlyn S.

"Phrase App Review "

What do you like best?

I love the ability to reach any language all over the world. This app gives you the opportunity to translate any type of file into any language at the click of a button. I also like how there is a versatile search option in which you can search thousands of translated documents to find exactly what you need much quicker.

What do you dislike?

At this moment, there is nothing I dislike about this product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this product to users looking into considering this purchase. They have several different payment plans and there is an option for euros and US dollars as well. If you are looking to expand your business internationally, this would be a good product to look into to work on projects with your international clients.

PhraseApp helps break language barriers. The fact that technology these days can translate a document into any language in the world is extremely impressive and very helpful for other who need to keep in contact with international clients. It gives businesses a way for them to expand internationally without having to worry about a language barrier. It also provides a way for clients to be connected right away on certain projects without having to worry about the languages.

PhraseApp review by Jeanette C.
Jeanette C.

"Translation-management made easy"

What do you like best?

PhraseApp allows me to manage and supervise multiple translations for all strings in our app. It's a great tool too break translations into smaller jobs, assign different locales and teams and see the progress of translation.

I love the comment function so I can directly give people a heads-up about what's to do.

The possibility to tag and attach screenshots to the keys is great.

I had no problems to get into it and understand the way it works. Very intuitive and logical.

What do you dislike?

I'd love to copy jobs (e.g. master jobs) from one project to the other. So far it's possible to duplicate jobs but not across projects. And/or to group people, so I just need to click once to assign them.

It would also be great if I could manage their rights to close a job.

Adding a screenshot to the job itself instead of the keys would also be nice to have.

Other than that it's really helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great and very stable running tool. Get it!

We're managing keys and translations for all strings in our app with PhraseApp.

It allows me to work quickly and very organized.

Also the PhraseApp guys are quick to reply and very helpful if you have a question or a suggestion.

Thanks a lot.

PhraseApp review by Philippe H.
Philippe H.

"Phraseapp helps us integrating customers in the active development of Apps"

What do you like best?

Phraseapp allows us to integrate our customers into the app development process and therefore improves customer engagement and quality.

The tool allows easy user setup and limits the room for errors by limiting access to specific languages. By doing so, the customer gets full control on content of a mobile app and is able to change it fast and according to it's needs.

What do you dislike?

We have not found limitations so far. The Phraseapp team is open for improvements and feature discussion.

Phraseapp allows us to handle translations and text content without putting this on the developers shoulders. We have automated our build processes and integrated Phraseapp completely. Any change in phraseapp can be applied by any employee without harming development processes.

By doing this we have made our translation and textual content process free from prioritisation and overhead planning, we just do it.

PhraseApp review by Evelyn S.
Evelyn S.

"Great tool to manage your texts for your digital projects"

What do you like best?

- Easy text management

- Tracking of changes

- Easy management of translations and various languages

- Easy integration into design and development

What do you dislike?

Could be better in presenting context for translators. We have the problem very often that our translators are not sure where the text will be placed.

Designers don't have to adapt texts in their designs anymore. All texts can be managed in PhraseApp and edited by everyone who is eligible to. For reviews with customers, we export an XLS file and import it after corrections have been made. Developers can easily pull the texts into their code und keep the application up to date.

We have researched a lot of similar tools as well, but PhraseApp was our choice to be. Thumbs up!

PhraseApp review by User

"Perfect for coordinating several translation projects "

What do you like best?

Flexible rights and roles management supports our needs to coordinate several projects and interconnect via suggest-function common terms.

Many export formats fit to different project setups. Especially Excel-exports/uploads enables to integrate business stakeholders without giving access / special training to Phraseapp directly.

What do you dislike?

Would wish bulk export/upload of several locales. Business side uses Excel/csv a lot, here each language needs to be exported individually.

Support is very helpful and incredibly fast but sometimes the chat-popup are annoying / can not be closed permanently

Easy stakeholder involvement due to easy and clear UI and great export features.

Process speed is highly increased, reduced costs due to Phraseapp becoming more and more the only solution

PhraseApp review by Christopher M.
Christopher M.

"By far the best tool to handle the whole translation process."

What do you like best?

We love that different departments (product, marketing, legal etc.) can easily submit and edit their translations without any technical knowledge needed or submit texts to be translated. The tech colleagues really like the simple integration into the various projects we translate with PhraseApp.

What do you dislike?

Keeping track of all the keys was something we needed to get used to in the beginning, but as soon as we had a proper workflow and tag management set up, mostly all translation activity went smoothly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have problems, ask the PhraseApp team. Their support is awesome!

The easy handling of the translations is the biggest advantage in terms of transparency and efficiency.

PhraseApp review by Manuel K.
Manuel K.

"Very useful tool for internationalisation and translation purposes"

What do you like best?

I really like the fact, that we can manage all our static content via phraseapp through all locales.

What do you dislike?

The restriction on the number of users sometimes makes it a bit tricky to assign more people to the project. But I guess this depends on our contract.

- Full localisation of our static content

- Great workflow for the translations - it's very easy to see the open tasks

PhraseApp review by Khaled M.
Khaled M.

"- PhraseApp offers great way in performing translation task with a very easy management."

What do you like best?

- The user interface is very user-friendly and easy to use.

- The detailed documentation is accessible to better use PhraseApp.

What do you dislike?

Now, using PhraseApp makes my life easier and the tool is very powerful!

With PhraseApp:

- The translator has direct access to the platform;

- The translation is done directly on the web page, via the text editor, offering the possibility of previewing the result;

- Creation of specific translations with information on specific strings to translate.

This means efficiency in terms of communication, implementation, workflow and project organization.

PhraseApp review by User in Internet

"Gets the job done with ease"

What do you like best?

Other reviews here will vouch for PhraseApp being your all-purpose translation toolkit. And it is. But I also want to point out how solid the UI is. I don't work in Phrase every day, so when I do, it's important I'm able to navigate my way with ease.

Also I'm able to collab with coworkers on projects fairly simply.

What do you dislike?

On the above collaboration note, I wonder if there could be an easier, more all-encompassing way of tackling projects where we divide up the workload. For example, "assigning" a certain group of or individual translation to a team member. Just a thought, apologies if this exists.

We're able to provide visibility into our translations with other internal stakeholders, and complete projects quite easily. Again, the UI makes everything pretty simple.

PhraseApp review by Dirk H.
Dirk H.

"Uncomplicated tool for managing our translation"

What do you like best?

We use the API and it's very uncomplicated to use it in our company. We have 26 different languages and it's hard to maintain this in an array.

What do you dislike?

I'm missing a translation key search field right after choosing the project.

We had problems to managing our translation strings. This is not the case anymore.

PhraseApp review by User in Internet

"Solid translation management with responsive team"

What do you like best?

Phraseapp's team is very responsive--they are like my company, a well-run startup with a smart, small team. They are responsive to us and have clearly built a tool for engineers. They have a nice command line tool, slack and github integrations and translation history in their web gui. Ordering translations has an amazing 24 hour turnaround time.

What do you dislike?

The in-context editor is a bit slow but overall I've been happy to use it. The website is also a bit slow and Gengo, the translators that you can use for 24-hour translation service, are not great for French. We've had bad translations but that's not really an issue with phraseapp since that's not their core product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Much more affordable than Smartling and more engineering friendly

Offering website in two languages for our rails app.

PhraseApp review by Stefano Z.
Stefano Z.

"Nice tool, but the UI needs refinement"

What do you like best?

It's not invasive and plays rather nicely with Rails from a developer's perspective. The contextual editor is really nice.

What do you dislike?

The web interface it's not the easiest to work with, and for certain use cases it feels like there are some obvious improvements that could be implemented.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Tryout the web interface before choosing it, and see if it meets all your needs. Ask copywriters to use it, as for developers it works rather well.

Providing an internationalized version of our website for 6 countries, allowing independent copywriting teams to work autonomously on the translation side. We realized the benefit of being able to give freedom and real-time feedback to copywriters with low burden for the development team.

PhraseApp review by Nick R.
Nick R.

"Easy to use!"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to translate and update when needed!

FAQ section is very helpful as well whenever questions arise.

What do you dislike?

Took a minute to get the hang of searching for phrases across languages, but no real problems at all.

Ease of translation across multiple languages. Very helpful in keeping our site up-to-date.

PhraseApp review by Administrator

"Mobile Apps "

What do you like best?

Simple and clean UI/UX

Can be used as SPOT for all strings to be localized.

What do you dislike?

You have to forget about Xcode base internationalization. But that’s mainly an Xcode issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Forget about base internationali

We do i18n of our mobile Apps using PhraseApp.

It became our SPOT after an initial push.

We add all keys to PhraseApp and just pull using the CLI

On iOS we even ocalize XIBs and Storyboards using extensions that allow us to set the key for each UI Element to localize right in Interface Builder.

PhraseApp review by Administrator in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
Administrator in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

"Managing webshop translations up to 12 languages"

What do you like best?

Phraseapp is fast to implement, easy to use and translations are processed very fast. Pricing is very competitive!

What do you dislike?

Other than Basic XML based texts are not as easy to manage.

We have a global webshop and users all over the world. Providing the site with the users language conversion increase

PhraseApp review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer

"Simple Translations and Integrations"

What do you like best?

Its Simple to integration into webapplication and works fine with oAuth. CLI Tool fast and stable. Company located in Germany and more trustable than other.

What do you dislike?

In Context Editor, no google translate possible.

Quicker Translation for our translator members.

PhraseApp review by User

"Managing translations the professional way"

What do you like best?

Easy administration of localizations across different platforms and CI integration. Very comfortable team collaboration.

What do you dislike?

Pricing model for additional features could be more modular, e.g. role based. I would like to have a history/snapshot for a release version.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try the import and export features, API and translation verification.

Translating localization for mobile apps for iOS, Android and its backend. No more merge conflicts and faster translation process.

PhraseApp review by User

"Good translation experience with Phraseapp"

What do you like best?

It is a very easy to use and intuitive tool with a lot of power if you need to translate your content.

What do you dislike?

There should be an integration that already detects and pretranslates your keys, so you only need to check if it makes sense.

Quick translation of our content for our different domains

Learning about PhraseApp?

* We monitor all PhraseApp reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.