PicMonkey

PicMonkey is a photo editing solution that provides creative tools for photo editing and graphic design.

Work for PicMonkey?

Learning about PicMonkey?

PicMonkey Reviews

Showing 93 PicMonkey reviews
PicMonkey review by <span>Rebeca E.</span>
Rebeca E.

Use Picmonkey when your creativity as a graphic designer has run out

What do you like best?

The best thing about Picmonkey is its awesome and beautiful templates. I enjoy creating personalized designs on my own. Nevertheless, every now and again my creativity simply runs out. Is during these moments that Picmonkey comes in handy: I love its beautiful themes and templates, and I love even more that I can customize them completely by adding or deleting images, texts, overlays, backgrounds and textures. I also like that I can give more life to the any design I make by increasing or decreasing the saturation option.

What do you dislike?

What I don’t like of Picmonkey is that it presents a few bugs. The main bug is that when I try to choose and open a theme or template (and I click on the option for customizing it) the website takes me back to my main user page where I have to pick out the theme again, and t}that's quite annoying, even more when it happens three times in a row very often. This issue has happened to me (and a couple of my friends as well) many times, and in many different computers and locations, and that's why I think it's a Picmonkey's issue and not mine. It would be a great idea to solve this matter soon.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good software for getting inspiration and save time when making graphic design projects.

I can delliver my clients more variety of design projects as well as save time, all of this at the same time.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about PicMonkey
PicMonkey review by <span>Amy L.</span>
Amy L.

If you're not using picmonkey, you're missing out!

What do you like best?

I LOVE PICMONKEY. It's so easy to learn and an amazing tool for graphics. I love how user friendly it is, compared to other photo editing, computer graphic programs.

What do you dislike?

There is not a designated area for the overlay toolbar. It gets in the way and it can be annoying to constantly be moving it around and off the part of the image I'm working on.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The free trial has everything I need with what I do, but the paid version is worth it, too. I have used both! The unlimited paid version allows certain "royal" features like texts and other features. I recommend getting the unlocked version if you have the opportunity. It's not that expensive of a cost!

I do A LOT of graphic design & image editing with my business and instead of having to buy a professional software program, I can just go to picmonkey and use it quickly then be done! Super time effective!

What Other Design solution do you use?

PicMonkey review by <span>Irina M.</span>
Irina M.

I believe that Picmonkey is a great aid for making headers and banners

What do you like best?

After I found out about Picmonkey, I couldn’t believe how easy it was to make elements for web design. It’s great that after logging into my account, I get the chance to choose the size of my white work space. This gives me the opportunity to choose a size that matches a website header (or the size of other elements for a website) because this way, I can easily select a background color, then select some cool overlays for the same work, and finally adding some “ornaments” like beautiful text and lines. I still can’t believe how easy it’s to make all of this when I use Picmonkey.

What do you dislike?

What’s not so cool of Picmonkey is that there are a limited number of elements such as overlays (it would be nice if they added more types of animals and illustrations to make graphic designs look top notch). It’s also not so cool that at times the site starts working really slowly or it takes a long time to load or render your graphic designs, I know this may happen with many online software, but it tends to be quite a pain.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If what you’re looking for is an online software that lets you create images literally in minutes, then go for Picmonkey .

Picmonkey helps me make my clients happy by delivering cool graphic designs that they can use for their websites. They sometimes tell me that they’re really surprised at how cool they look. I want to thank Picmonkey for having helped me so much.

PicMonkey review by <span>Richard Y.</span>
Richard Y.

Easy photo editor for quick and fun editing.

What do you like best?

PicMonkey is an in-browser photo editing application that’s compatible with most internet browsers capable of operating Flash. The best part of PicMonkey is that you don’t need to sign up to use it. You only need to drag and drop an image into your browser to begin your task. The app is easy to get used to and has enough features for casual users’. With PicMonkey, you can quickly edit and improve your images and save them in no time.

What do you dislike?

There is a limit to the number of free layouts the application has available and some features are are not free to use. Additionally, I wish the application will enable users to add an image as the background.

Recommendations to others considering the product

PicMonkey is a powerful, easy-to-use software that enables you to edit photos with a variety of tools for basic editing and lots more all in your web browser.

PicMonkey is the best "photo collage creator" that's super easy to use. It provides an easy way to create and customize a photo collage, with drag and drop functions for easy maneuvering.

PicMonkey review by <span>Jarin C.</span>
Jarin C.

Love this fun tool!

What do you like best?

Picmonkey makes it easy to create fun social media and marketing images without breaking the bank! The creators behind it have a sense of humor, and the features in it are robust without being overly technical! For 80% of everyday touch ups, editing, design, and image creation, this tool is awesome!

What do you dislike?

Some features could be better developed, such as the ability to remove certain borders after applying, the ability to see the image history and remove certain edits (rather than needing to start over to remove something I applied 15 moves ago.)

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're thinking about using PicMonkey...stop thinking! The interface may take some time to familiarize yourself with and learn, but once you get a hang of it, there is so much you can do with this (and few things you can't do that only Photoshop does.) For a sole creative professional, 1 person marketing team, or social media aficionado that wants to create beautiful images, this is your tool!

This makes creating images fun, fast, and easy. With the immense weight social media puts on graphics these days, I couldn't imagine marketing without PicMonkey!

PicMonkey review by <span>Linnaea M.</span>
Linnaea M.

Pic Monkey is FANTASTIC

What do you like best?

templates that I can use as is or modify w/ my own text and images. "themes" - especially the Winter theme w/ snowfall - I add that to a lot of my PR photos. The collage - use it extensively to create ads for our T-shirt store - displaying a t-shirt, our logo and text about a sale or special. Frames, which I use to create quote images to build a following on Instagram. The overlays are useful to embellish drab photos.

What do you dislike?

Any PNG image takes a while to export. The hub drags a bit at times when saving images in it. Sometimes the template program crashes while loading. Would love additional themes and images - like perhaps Christmas light images. Would like additional options for creating circular text. I would like the option to choose colors for all filters and images.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have already recommended this to at least six other individuals.

I use pic monkey to modify photos I sell on one. I use it to create ads for our t-shirt store. I use it to create post and ads for my hearing loss endeavors/book, etc. I use it to create Instagram images for public speaking groups. I use it constantly. I just absolutely love the product. This is a quick and easy way to take images to the next level. For a non-technical person who is afraid of Photoshop, this is a Godsend.

Learning about PicMonkey?

* We monitor all PicMonkey reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.