PicMonkey

PicMonkey is a photo editing solution that provides creative tools for photo editing and graphic design.

Work for PicMonkey?

Learning about PicMonkey?

PicMonkey Reviews

Ask PicMonkey a Question
Showing 106 PicMonkey reviews
PicMonkey review by Jonatan Jose A.
Jonatan Jose A.

"The best program to edit my photos."

What do you like best?

It is a pretty good application, in my work, every case that I analyze must have photographic support, of each activity I do and present it to my superiors, and with this application I can make the presentation of the photos since I can add text, group them, place them frames, among many other functions.

What do you dislike?

I could not say anything against it, it has a smart technology that knows that I specifically need my photos and I can also edit several at the same time, allowing me to save time, I highly recommend it, I have done very well with this application, likewise the I use to edit my personal photos, I'm constantly using it and I have not seen anything negative.

Recommendations to others considering the product

it's worth using it is very good.

is an application that anyone can use anywhere, regardless of what kind of work they have, it is not only business but domestic, I use it domestically.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about PicMonkey
PicMonkey review by Jhonmyn B.
Jhonmyn B.

"With PicMonkey you can edit your images and create collages. It's very easy, fast and fun."

What do you like best?

it allows me to rotate images, exposure: brightness, shadows and contrast.

edit color, image size, perform artistic effects: Instagram type filters, blurs, zoom, HDR, etc.

All these features and effects of PicMonkey are of a great quality, being able to personalize them as I want.

What do you dislike?

you need to have a good internet connection, but it is slow to enter or upload any file to make the editing, besides that you need to have a premium account to be able to use the template designs and some editing tools, which only leave with the most basic.

Recommendations to others considering the product

PicMonkey is the online photo editor that combines power and simplicity to edit your photos with a wide range of options and is also easy to operate.

The amount of retouching options of PicMonkey is huge.

It allows me to carry out editing work for my network works, since it is easy to use and the designs I can achieve are very striking. I can achieve retouching in my photographs that make my work better quality.

What Photo Editing solution do you use?

PicMonkey review by Julio Alberto A.
Julio Alberto A.

"easy to use, effective for quick editing jobs."

What do you like best?

It is a very nice platform where you do not need more knowledge to make a photo editing, a retouch or even a collage, it has a wide and efficient tool palette with some indications of professional effects that can help you to obtain quite acceptable results, The automatic adjustment tool works correctly, helping to save exposure time, shadows, light and other effects.

The tool for collage is quite simple but very useful, it allows to edit, change sizes and place funds very quickly, it is efficient if you are looking to get a job very fast.

What do you dislike?

It is a platform that in its paid version does not offer what it expected, it still has an unprofessional character, which makes it only useful for fast and precise works in which no further depth is required in the edition and correction of photos and professional images.

some effects are still very aggressive which makes the platform very distant from obtaining levels close to those offered by other simple photo editors.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is recommended for simple and often informal work, you should not expect to get a great result as it is a platform designed for commercial editions and collages of low professional aesthetics.

I use it to solve issues of post production of images and photographs that require a simple retouch or adjustment, to apply vintage effects in which the platform offers an acceptable variety with good filters, editing work in which the client is not so demanding and the delivery time should be short.

PicMonkey review by Rebeca E.
Rebeca E.

"Use Picmonkey when your creativity as a graphic designer has run out"

What do you like best?

The best thing about Picmonkey is its awesome and beautiful templates. I enjoy creating personalized designs on my own. Nevertheless, every now and again my creativity simply runs out. Is during these moments that Picmonkey comes in handy: I love its beautiful themes and templates, and I love even more that I can customize them completely by adding or deleting images, texts, overlays, backgrounds and textures. I also like that I can give more life to the any design I make by increasing or decreasing the saturation option.

What do you dislike?

What I don’t like of Picmonkey is that it presents a few bugs. The main bug is that when I try to choose and open a theme or template (and I click on the option for customizing it) the website takes me back to my main user page where I have to pick out the theme again, and t}that's quite annoying, even more when it happens three times in a row very often. This issue has happened to me (and a couple of my friends as well) many times, and in many different computers and locations, and that's why I think it's a Picmonkey's issue and not mine. It would be a great idea to solve this matter soon.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good software for getting inspiration and save time when making graphic design projects.

I can delliver my clients more variety of design projects as well as save time, all of this at the same time.

PicMonkey review by Amy L.
Amy L.

"If you're not using picmonkey, you're missing out! "

What do you like best?

I LOVE PICMONKEY. It's so easy to learn and an amazing tool for graphics. I love how user friendly it is, compared to other photo editing, computer graphic programs.

What do you dislike?

There is not a designated area for the overlay toolbar. It gets in the way and it can be annoying to constantly be moving it around and off the part of the image I'm working on.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The free trial has everything I need with what I do, but the paid version is worth it, too. I have used both! The unlimited paid version allows certain "royal" features like texts and other features. I recommend getting the unlocked version if you have the opportunity. It's not that expensive of a cost!

I do A LOT of graphic design & image editing with my business and instead of having to buy a professional software program, I can just go to picmonkey and use it quickly then be done! Super time effective!

PicMonkey review by Irina M.
Irina M.

"I believe that Picmonkey is a great aid for making headers and banners"

What do you like best?

After I found out about Picmonkey, I couldn’t believe how easy it was to make elements for web design. It’s great that after logging into my account, I get the chance to choose the size of my white work space. This gives me the opportunity to choose a size that matches a website header (or the size of other elements for a website) because this way, I can easily select a background color, then select some cool overlays for the same work, and finally adding some “ornaments” like beautiful text and lines. I still can’t believe how easy it’s to make all of this when I use Picmonkey.

What do you dislike?

What’s not so cool of Picmonkey is that there are a limited number of elements such as overlays (it would be nice if they added more types of animals and illustrations to make graphic designs look top notch). It’s also not so cool that at times the site starts working really slowly or it takes a long time to load or render your graphic designs, I know this may happen with many online software, but it tends to be quite a pain.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If what you’re looking for is an online software that lets you create images literally in minutes, then go for Picmonkey .

Picmonkey helps me make my clients happy by delivering cool graphic designs that they can use for their websites. They sometimes tell me that they’re really surprised at how cool they look. I want to thank Picmonkey for having helped me so much.

PicMonkey review by Richard Y.
Richard Y.

"Easy photo editor for quick and fun editing."

What do you like best?

PicMonkey is an in-browser photo editing application that’s compatible with most internet browsers capable of operating Flash. The best part of PicMonkey is that you don’t need to sign up to use it. You only need to drag and drop an image into your browser to begin your task. The app is easy to get used to and has enough features for casual users’. With PicMonkey, you can quickly edit and improve your images and save them in no time.

What do you dislike?

There is a limit to the number of free layouts the application has available and some features are are not free to use. Additionally, I wish the application will enable users to add an image as the background.

Recommendations to others considering the product

PicMonkey is a powerful, easy-to-use software that enables you to edit photos with a variety of tools for basic editing and lots more all in your web browser.

PicMonkey is the best "photo collage creator" that's super easy to use. It provides an easy way to create and customize a photo collage, with drag and drop functions for easy maneuvering.

PicMonkey review by Jarin C.
Jarin C.

"Love this fun tool!"

What do you like best?

Picmonkey makes it easy to create fun social media and marketing images without breaking the bank! The creators behind it have a sense of humor, and the features in it are robust without being overly technical! For 80% of everyday touch ups, editing, design, and image creation, this tool is awesome!

What do you dislike?

Some features could be better developed, such as the ability to remove certain borders after applying, the ability to see the image history and remove certain edits (rather than needing to start over to remove something I applied 15 moves ago.)

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're thinking about using PicMonkey...stop thinking! The interface may take some time to familiarize yourself with and learn, but once you get a hang of it, there is so much you can do with this (and few things you can't do that only Photoshop does.) For a sole creative professional, 1 person marketing team, or social media aficionado that wants to create beautiful images, this is your tool!

This makes creating images fun, fast, and easy. With the immense weight social media puts on graphics these days, I couldn't imagine marketing without PicMonkey!

PicMonkey review by Linnaea M.
Linnaea M.

"Pic Monkey is FANTASTIC"

What do you like best?

templates that I can use as is or modify w/ my own text and images. "themes" - especially the Winter theme w/ snowfall - I add that to a lot of my PR photos. The collage - use it extensively to create ads for our T-shirt store - displaying a t-shirt, our logo and text about a sale or special. Frames, which I use to create quote images to build a following on Instagram. The overlays are useful to embellish drab photos.

What do you dislike?

Any PNG image takes a while to export. The hub drags a bit at times when saving images in it. Sometimes the template program crashes while loading. Would love additional themes and images - like perhaps Christmas light images. Would like additional options for creating circular text. I would like the option to choose colors for all filters and images.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have already recommended this to at least six other individuals.

I use pic monkey to modify photos I sell on one. I use it to create ads for our t-shirt store. I use it to create post and ads for my hearing loss endeavors/book, etc. I use it to create Instagram images for public speaking groups. I use it constantly. I just absolutely love the product. This is a quick and easy way to take images to the next level. For a non-technical person who is afraid of Photoshop, this is a Godsend.

PicMonkey review by Oombawka Design R.
Oombawka Design R.

"Quick and Easy Photo Editing"

What do you like best?

Ease of use and the capabilities it offers. My favorite tool is the white balance feature and color sampling.

What do you dislike?

I wish they had a way to add numbers as an overlay for collages (from 0 to 20). Instead I need to choose a font and try to find one that has large and bold enough numbers to be seen in the collage image. It would be great if that was a feature they added.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great application to use - easy and quick to learn - provides templates that are already sized for social media too. I use it for the images on my blog - and across social media. You can even match colors from your image using the dropper tool so your titles and overlays match exactly the colors you want. They have new features now to like a snap to grid to line up your overlays and text - it is something you can turn on and off so you can use it and then remove it to finish editing afterward. It also imports the fonts you have on your computer to be used in the app so you can stick to the fonts for your brand and that you are used too. Lots of great templates and options are included and added.

I can edit on the go - on my tablet or computer. Quick and easy - and very reliable. You don't have to learn a lot of background things to be able to use the app - it is very easy to do even the first time you upload an image.

PicMonkey review by Karla Adriana R.
Karla Adriana R.

"It´s easy being "creative" when you use picmonkey"

What do you like best?

This online image editor is awesome, and I completely mean it. The best part is the you can instantly become a professional graphic designer when you start using it because you can get to use from dozens and dozens of professional templates, then you just need to change some text here and there, and finally you just have to save your file to your computer, and you´re ready to sell, print or whatever you want to do with your new masterpiece.

What do you dislike?

I can see that there are many good templates, but I can see that the templates that Picmonkey offers are still a bit limited. I was a user of this tool long before they started offering templates, and now that they´re doing that, I think they need to offer a better arsenal, as it would be a good idea if they offered more variety and options so that users of many different industries could use and enjoy this online tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Picmonkey is really easy to use, and the images you create with it are really professional; the only thing is that it would still need more templates

The best benefits I get out from Picmonkey are that I can rfulfill a client´s order by using only Picmonkey. This is amazing because I feel as if this software was design onkly for me, because it basically does all the heavy duty tasks and I only concentrate on adding my client´s information on the image, which only takes me a couple of minutes.

PicMonkey review by Mario S.
Mario S.

"Picmonkey helps me share and sell my graphic ideas"

What do you like best?

I´ll start by saying that picmonkey is very user friendly: what I really like is that I can start a design by selecting a professional template or even add a collage type design sheet, and all of this can be done in a couple seconds. What I also like is that adding some effects, text and division areas is also quick and easy to add. The best part is that I can use these new designs to sell them for a nice price or even share work ideas in the form of images.

What do you dislike?

I used to be a free user of Picmonkey, and I loved it because I could make awesome designs within seconds for free, by only crediting Picmonkey. Now I´m a premium user, but I have to say that I dislike that they don´t allow free users to save and download their designs anymore (this is a very bad feature) and I also dislike that I have to pay almost 80 USD for being a premium user, which is pretty expensive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can create awesome design within a couple minutes with Picmonkey. However, be aware that this site isn´t as a few years ago, as now you can´t save and download your designs for free; you actually have to pay almost 80 USD so that you can do that.

Firstly, I can make beautiful designs for any type of business and ocassion (for example, for weddings, for youngsters parties, for school plays, and so on), and of course, I can sell these beautiful designs for a nice amount of money. Secondly, I can create great designs in order to store and share work ideas.

PicMonkey review by Gina J.
Gina J.

"Picmonkey is fun and easy to use"

What do you like best?

I´ve used many design tools and software, and I can say without a doubt that Picmonkey is one of the best. What I like a lot is that I can get to choose from many templates, so that any type of design is easy to complete, because I only have to add my text and a few overlays. What I also like is that it´s very easy to add text and images by only clicking on the software left panel. It´s also great that I can save and download all of my work easily, with only the click of a button.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally, I can see ads at the bottom and right side of the screen; this can be quite frustrating because the designing space becomes smaller, and I like to have a fairly big work space so that I can work in harmony. It´s also frustrating that, in some occasions, I want to save a piece of work, and the software takes a long time to save the image, and even sometimes the browser stops working and I lose all of my work. This has happened only a few times, but it´s frustrating anyway.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Picmonkey might help you create amazing menus or any type of graphic design If you´re lazy and want to have templates ready, so that you only add text, then this is the software for you.

The first business problem I solved with Picmonkey was designing a logo and cover for my home business, because if I want to sell graphic designs, then my own designs have to be supérb. I often get asked where I learned to make such beautiful graphic illustrations, but I can´t say that I do all of this with the help of my best friend, Picmonkey,

PicMonkey review by Hugh C.
Hugh C.

"You can make awesome book and notebook covers with Picmonkey"

What do you like best?

Picmonkey is an incredible tool that has many uses: for example, I sell notebooks to earn a bit of extra money, and Picmonkey is the secret of my success, as it allows me to make amazing book covers: I just need to pick out a background image from the user panel, add-in some customizable text, then print out and paste the image created with Picmonkey on the notebook, and then I have an amazing book to help. What I like best of Picmonkey is that it´s extremely easy to use because the user panel lets me create quality image within seconds, by only choosing and clicking the most beautiful background or image.

What do you dislike?

I don´t like that there are a limited number of choices when it comes to overlays; I´d really like that the team in Picmonkey added more overlays so that users could have bigger and better choices for their designs. Also, it would be a plus if Picmonkey added a bigger and more diverse array of font styles so that we can pick out the ones that go better with what we´re designing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Picmonkey is a great tool you can use to create amazing designs in a breeze. However, I must warn all new users that now it isn´t possible to downloa the images you create with this tool, unless you pay a monthly subscription, and this sucks.

Picmonkey is the cornerstone for my job as home-made notebooks and book covers, because it lets me design beautiful and attractive images so that I can print them ouit and then paste them iover the notebooks in order to finish them and sell them. If Picmonkey didn´t exist, I wouldn´t have this easy and entertaining home job.

PicMonkey review by Jorge G.
Jorge G.

"THE PERFECT AND SIMPLE TOOL THAT WILL MAKE YOUR LIFE EASIER"

What do you like best?

Picmonkey is an amazing and simple designing tool that will help you create beautiful brochures or images for your folders, and even thumbnails for some of your YouTube videos (this is an amazing feature if you´re a YouTuber). One thing I like about Picmonkey is that you can choose among myriads of effects (like HD, black and white, etc.), overlays, shapes and even textures. I also really enjoy that I can add background images or templates with only a click or two. I´m really impressed by this tool, which is easy and fun to use, and it´s also free.

What do you dislike?

There´s something that is getting on my nerves right now: recently, Picmonkey is asking you to create a premium account so that you can download your images directly from the site. I used to love that, in the past, Picmonkey allowed userx to download all of their designs and images without having to pay for a monthly subscription. I think this has turned off and angered many of their previous users. It was nice when Picmonkey only locked premium features from free users, but allowed our designs to be saved and downloaded with ease, which was wonderful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Picmonkey, you disappointed me a bit when you stopped allowing free users to save and download their amazing designs, that was like a dream come true. My sweet suggestion for you is this: bring bacl that feature because users will love you more (love = more sales).

It´s really simple to answer this: I overcome my presentation obstacles with Picmonkey. I mean, if I want to sell a gig on Fiverr, I need to have a decent image that attracts clients, and Picmonkey allows me to do this with ease. Also, I can design beautiful presentation cards and even flyers with ease, with a little help of my friend, Picmonkey.

PicMonkey review by Carlota V.
Carlota V.

"Don´t buy a “how to create a thumbnail” course, better create it yourself with Picmonkey!!"

What do you like best?

Picmonkey is so amazing and easy to use that you can create a thumbnail for your YouTube or Vimeo video´s in just a couple minutes. It´s as simple as selecting a background color (or an image as background), clicking on the text option to add the title of your thumbnail, adding a few pre-made overlays (which Picmonkey offers free of charge!), spicing up your image by adding some of the special effects that Picmonkey has to offer (such as black and white or HD effects), and that is all! Your image is ready! I think it took me more time writing this review than creating a nice thumbnail with Picmonkey.

What do you dislike?

It would be really useful if Picmonkey offered a more sophisticated ruler so that the image you create is perfectly aligned with all of your overlays and text. After a lot time of thinking, this is the only issue I´ve found with this online tool, because this Picmonkey a true jewel among all the other free junk you´ll find out there.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The Picmonkey tool will be really helpful for you if you want to create funny or elegant images for videos, thumbnails or even posters. But I have to tell you that if you´re looking for a really sophisticated tool that will allow you to zoom-in and out in detail, add dozens of overlays and align every part of your design professionally, then it will be better if you find another professional tool.

I can create Thumbnails and intros for the videos I use for work in a short period of time: this is an important feature because if Picmonkey didn´t exist, then I´d have to waste time and money finding a professional graphic designer. However, as Picmonkey exists, I can create my own thumbnails and intros. This tool is so easy to use that ANYONE, even people that don´t know how to draw or design, can come up with beautiful and original images.

PicMonkey review by Caroline T.
Caroline T.

"Basic Photo Editor"

What do you like best?

I love that pic monkey is for desktop computers but it's simpler than photoshop. I was just looking for something basic and was annoyed using my phone. Picmonkey is great for basic edits and word overlay. I also loved that they gave a free version. Because I was only using it for a few images a month I didn't want to spend money on a product.

What do you dislike?

I guess it makes sense but the free version was really limiting. I wish there were more options without having to pay- everyone's dream though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend picmonkey if you are just getting into editing your photos and need some quick graphics. If we are looking for a higher quality maybe try the paid versions. It's way easier than photoshop and allows you to edit from your computer screen which is easier to view than your iphone.

I was able to take our social media to the next level with the way they allowed me to edit graphics.

PicMonkey review by User in Investment Management
User in Investment Management

"Edit and Enhance Photos without PhotoShop"

What do you like best?

An inexpensive and user-friendly way to edit and enhance photos, create social media posts, and be creative with your photography. The addition of templates and layers has been a big help and they keep adding to their already large library of fonts. I'm also a fan of their tutorials and blogs that show you how to use the features of the software.

What do you dislike?

There's a little bit of a learning curve when working with multiple text boxes and being able to go back and forth between text and overlays that are on top of each other. I have found it difficult at times to select the right overlay or text box when they overlap, but that has gotten a lot easier with recent updates and additions of layers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try out the free version to get an idea of how useful PicMonkey is. The premium version is an inexpensive annual fee but there are lots of features you can use for free that may meet most or all of your needs.

I use PicMonkey frequently to create social media banners, newsletter ads, event flyer and invitations, and enhance photos taken at events. It's the easiest way I have found to add text quickly to a stock photo.

PicMonkey review by Veronica B.
Veronica B.

"Earn a living on Fiverr by using Picmonkey"

What do you like best?

I can earn a living on fiverr by using Picmonkey! By only adding a canva color with its wonderful user panel, then adding a couple overlays with its editing tool, and finally writing some modern and cool text on top, I can create and deliver wonderful thumbnails, brochures and kindle book covers to buyers in Fiverr. As picmonkey is ridiculously easy-to-use interface, I´m sure anyone can learn to do this in less than an hour. I didn´t mention the best part: this online service is completely free.

What do you dislike?

I don´t really like that Picmonkey doesn´t offer templates ready to be used. Moreover, I think that a big name like Picmonkey should offer an automatic ruler that aligns text on the canava to any image that is already there. Nonetheless, if I take into account the fact that this online service is FREE, then I don´t think I have any complaint.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Come on guys, try to offer ready-to.use templates so that we users can have more variety and ideas when we try to create a design. To be honest, I think that your online service is really, really good (as it has turned my working life around), so it would be a grade plus to have templates available.

Basically, I can solve all my day-to-day freelance job needs when I use Picmonkey: I can create the designs my buyers want from scratch in less than an hour, I can touch up existing or new designs in order to make them look a lot better.

PicMonkey review by Alberto N.
Alberto N.

"With the help of Picmonkey, only the sky will be the limit for your graphic design needs"

What do you like best?

Its simple interface is really easy to use, as you can add text, images, colors, overlays and special effects with just one click. It covers all of my graphic design needs, as it allows me to créate gorgeous designs for stickers for my shoes, my car and my room. I can also create and design all kinds of party invitations for my friends and family, ranging from kids parties to adult meetings. Even if you´re a completely newbie, you´ll be able to come up with a funny or elegant design in a few minutes. I forgot to state that the best part is that Picmonkey is free.

What do you dislike?

Picmonkey clutters the bottom and right sides of your screen with bigger ads. This way, your workspace is reduced around 30%. A few years ago, Picmonkey was ad-free, but as time went on, they started throwing small ads (which I understand), but nowadays, they´re placing bigger ads. As this online software is free, I don´t really care about those ads, but they can be annoying at times. All in all, I think that Picmonkey is a great, and quick tool for creative designers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Guys, you´re doing an excellent job, because Picmonkey is one of the best software for graphic design available out there. However, it would be great if you would limit the ads you place to only the right side or the bottom of the screen (and not both, as it clutters the user´s screen). Besides this, I think that Picmonkey rocks!

For me, I can solve most of my daily business (and college) design problems, for example:

1. It helps me create quick invitations for business meetings (and college meetings too!)

2. It helps me create elegant designs for my job folders and my college notebooks

3. It helps me create wonderful covers for my work covers and memos.

4. I can create and sell cover images for Fiverr users.

PicMonkey review by Kelli D.
Kelli D.

"Best Photo Editing Site on the Web"

What do you like best?

PicMonkey has features most photo apps or sites do not. It's super intuitive and an excellent alternative for someone who does not know or have the time to learn Photoshop. There are a number of filters, fonts, and other affects that drastically improves the quality of your photos.

What do you dislike?

The hub allows you to save the edits for a certain number of pictures and documents but it is somewhat limited. It would be nice if the capacity in the hub were larger.

Sometimes the edits are slow if you are working with a big file and the site can freeze.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't bother with the free account. As soon as you start editing photos, you'll want to use the premium features.

Quick and easy photo editing.

PicMonkey review by elia m.
elia m.

"When software is fun"

What do you like best?

What I like most about Picmonkeyes that can be given multiple uses. Commercial, work and fun. I think it's a super friendly interface, it's very easy to use. Any type of design made with your templates is easy to do

What do you dislike?

It has a limited number of editions. They should have more variety of sources. And the theme of the ads, which occupy much of the work screen. And if the version that is being used is free, you can not download the final edition of the image. Only if the subscription version is used

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is very useful and easy to use. They can create posters, cards. Funny images. It is best to use it by subscription in order to have all the available tools

Design my presentation cards in the. I create images or posters. It is a great help and excellent support for editing

PicMonkey review by Saumirah M.
Saumirah M.

"PicMonkey Review"

What do you like best?

I like that PicMonkey offers a variety of editing options, both pre-made templates and original features that can be combined, to create very professional graphics.

What do you dislike?

I'm not sure if there is anything I dislike about PicMonkey.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give PicMonkey a try if you are interested in creating very professional-looking images and graphics with complete ease! PicMonkey is user-friendly, easy to use, and helps make your creations look wonderful.

PicMonkey helps me to create graphics for social media or edit photos that I use for marketing my small business. There are a variety of colors, templates, photo edits, text, etc. that can be used in various ways. I believe that PicMonkey aids in creating a professional image for my brand.

PicMonkey review by Kristin P.
Kristin P.

"Editing with PicMonkey"

What do you like best?

I love the different photo filter and editing options on PicMonkey. It can be so hard to find a reasonably priced photo editing program, but PicMonkey fits the bill. I can quickly edit lighting, color, size with the touch of a button. I can also do more in depth edits to create the perfect image. Add in the fact that it's all online, and it makes it even better since I can access my creations from any computer.

What do you dislike?

There aren't many things that I dislike. With all of the different templates and editing options, it would be nice to be able to have a search function or a way to mark certain templates as favorites. This would help save time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you work with photos, it is a great program to have. You can save your photo edits online or you can download them to your computer, whichever you prefer. It's easy to use and there are many options available for your editing needs.

I have used PicMonkey to edit photos for my freelance writing business. It's important to have an image with a blog post, so I use PicMonkey to ensure that my photos are high quality and the right size.

PicMonkey review by Bridget B.
Bridget B.

"Photo editing for dummies!"

What do you like best?

Photo editing made super user-friendly! Easy to follow instructions. Helpful and simple interface and design. Love that I can save in the Hub now.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were more click-and-snap templates. I wish I could save branding elements. I wish I could center items or align them automatically. I wish I could re-size with ease. Wish the mobile app worked like the desktop version. I wish there were more simple options for using templates. I wish I could create an email HTML code for newsletters.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is the easiest to use photo editing software. Robust options and very professional results! I love using it for editing headshots. We also use it for all our online campaigns - social, web, email and PPC/SEO.

We use it for 99% of our photo editing needs. No longer necessary to learn photoshop! It's great for basic and advanced edits - and the improve options all the time, especially seasonally.

PicMonkey review by User

"Useful for editing and creating designs online, although no longer free"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that you can edit your pictures or create a design anywhere, without needing to download a program. It is very intuitive and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

I find it too expensive for the service they offer. If you are a professional graphic designer, this tool will probably not be enough, and yet it is too pricey for an amateur use.

I also recently had an unpleasant experience with a charge for this app. I requested a free trial period and used Picmonkey only once. Then, some time afterwards, I got charged 66 euros to my credit card without any notice, which was much more than a monthly fee and was not the price for an annual subscription either (I still don't know what this charge was).

Thankfully, I contacted my bank and managed to get my money back some weeks later, but still, it was an unpleasant experience, and customer support was extremely difficult to reach (no phone number and almost no contact info on their website, and they took a long while to answer my many, many emails...). It felt like a total ripoff.

Recommendations to others considering the product

BE CAREFUL with the free trial period as you can be charged without notice once the period ends and their policy does NOT include reimbursements. This happened to me and I was only able to get my money back after getting help from my bank.

The main benefit I see is that you can edit photos online and it is very easy to use. There are many templates, illustrations and different funky fonts to choose from.

PicMonkey review by Jessica P.
Jessica P.

"Great Software for Beginners"

What do you like best?

Very easy to use and learn. I am not a graphic designer nor do I code. This application is one that allows me to make graphics in a simple format that is easy to understand.

What do you dislike?

Limited capabilities. There are a lot of things I wish I could do that are not possible with this application. For example, adding boarders to images, being able to crop an image you add to a graphic, cutting something out of a background, and having a grid to ensure you are putting things in the right place are a few items I with they could add.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Hopefully they will continue to update the product and add more features, but I am still waiting for this to happen. They often add more stickers, backgrounds, and fonts, but really looking for more intuitive features that will allow me to make graphics faster.

This application allows me to make custom graphics for my clients and other marketing materials.

PicMonkey review by Kimberly B.
Kimberly B.

"Easy and attractive photo editing, enhancement, and graphic design"

What do you like best?

PicMonkey is a low-price online photo and design software that allows simple edits, touch-ups, and a variety of attractive filters and text options. They have recently added templates for graphic design pieces customized for print and social media. You can add your own photos and customize the text for quick and easy but professional-looking graphics. The text feature has a wide variety of standard and creative fonts.

What do you dislike?

For those used to using Photoshop, the editing functionality is limited, but that is to be expected. I miss History brush the most.

I primarily use Picmonkey to create professional-looking, attractive designs for social media posts or ads.

User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Recent improvements make this worthwhile!"

What do you like best?

I really like that I can easily create layered graphics for use on social media, websites, and more. I use this feature more than anything else because I don't want to learn Adobe Illustrator or any of the more complicated programs but I still want to create graphics that look terrific - and these certainly do!

What do you dislike?

I wish that PicMonkey contained a feature for removing things from a photo.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't be scared off by the subscription fee. I've been using PicMonkey for several years. I started out as a subscriber, but dropped my subscription for a while because I found other photo editors that could do what I needed for free - until PicMonkey added the feature that allows me to create many-layered graphics easily - and then I resubscribed. PicMonkey has made many improvements over the years I've used it - and that signals that they are interested in continuing to provide a quality service and improve on it. PicMonkey is well worth the $50 per year, but if you aren't convinced - try out the free trial and see for yourself.

I use PicMonkey to edit photos for social media and websites. Sometimes the edits are simple - like adjusting the color or cropping size - but sometimes I create complicated graphics with several layers. I have been able to easily create complex graphics by myself without needing to learn AI or some other complex program - and I haven't had to rely on someone else (e.g., paid freelance designer) to do it for me.

PicMonkey review by Michelle M.
Michelle M.

"PicMonkey makes graphic design easy but has one major drawback"

What do you like best?

PicMonkey is a powerful tool for creating graphics. My favorite features are the ability to use the fonts on your computer to create text overlays. This makes it easy to have the graphics you created to match your brand. The resizing and cropping features are a breeze to use. If I need to simply resize or crop a picture, PicMonkey is my go-to tool.

I also love the retouching features that they have available. If I need to get rid of red eye or lighten a picture a bit, PicMonkey makes retouching easy.

What do you dislike?

My biggest complaint is that I wish you could save designs. Once you close out of the tab, your design is gone forever. PicMoneky's competitor Canva, let's you save your design. Which makes it easy to make changes later or use that design as a template for others you need to create.

That feature is why I tend to use Canva more these days to create blog graphics, Instagram posts, Facebook ads, and any other graphics for my business. PicMonkey is great for one time only graphic designs but if you need to create graphics regularly, Canva is the way to go.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need to create reusable templates, I would go with Canva.

If you're looking for an alternative to photoshop because you don't need all the bells and whistles, go with PicMonkey.

Visuals are so important when you're running an online business. I'm constantly creating visuals for my blog, podcast, and video blog. PicMonkey makes it easy to create those visuals. It helps my work stand out more.

"My go to Photo Editor "

What do you like best?

I love how Pic monkey is online, so it accessible no matter what computer I use, unlike other photo editors where you have to download the software on one computer. There are so many different options for making promotional artwork for our non profit, or using it for personal use, like making Christmas Cards. I love the hub where you can save projects to work on later.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the windows that pop up for the different layers can get annoying because they are right there where the picture is. It would be great if the windows could somehow be incorporated into a menu bar, similar to adobe photoshop or the like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely get the premium- its worth the money to save the projects to come back to later .

I can make pictures easily for our facebook page, with our customized text and save in hub to use later.

PicMonkey review by Nat L.
Nat L.

"Despite initial learning curve, I often use Picmonkey for creative marketing designs."

What do you like best?

This may sound minuscule, but the eraser and painter tool that can be used with images are unbeatable! I love using them to make words on images pop. I also love that the sizing templates are spot on.

What do you dislike?

Picmonkey is not always user friendly. I find that myself and a lot of my coaches struggle to learn how to use it initially. We watch YouTube tutorials.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I definitely recommend checking out PicMonkey if you create a lot of your own graphics or images for marketing. The paid version seems a little pricey, but you can do a lot of what you need with the free version. I LOVE the fonts that it allows with the free version.

It lets me create beautiful, perfectly sized images for social media, such as banner photos for YouTube or cover photos for Facebook. After I download the images, the quality is extremely high resolution, which I do not find on Canva.

PicMonkey review by Soumi B.
Soumi B.

"Like for online editting"

What do you like best?

We have competitor, but reliable for very basic tweaks in any photograph, positive that it is online, handy when you do not have other licensed software to edit or enhance photos. I like the feature to use filters and play with light modes. Like the feature to have the access to choose the size the photo can be saved. Very useful if the file size needs to be reduced and saved with some basic changes, it provides instagram like filters

What do you dislike?

Mostly all the filters paid now that i do not like and do not have free access. Need to create account even to access the portal, with account you can use few basic filters and the fancy filters are paid or premium.

Features like slimming and other targeted face editing are all paid now. If the file size is big the software can not keep the resolution intact, it reduces to be uploaded to the site for editing

I only use it when I need to make some quick changes, but for online photo editing I use Fotor, Picmonkey, Picnik (no longer active), Google photos, I am using other professional licensed softwares to do the job.

PicMonkey review by Carolyn A.
Carolyn A.

"PicMonkey is easy-to-use"

What do you like best?

I'm a total novice when it comes to Photoshop, so a tool like PicMonkey helps me immensely. The feature I use it for the most is a collage. Even the collage tool is highly customizeable with everything from rounded edges to transparent backgrounds.

What do you dislike?

I never know what will make it crash. Since it's browser and internet-dependent, it's not as easy to save work and progress.That said, crashing does not happen frequently.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's affordable enough to try even if you're unsure or are trying multiple tools.

I can quickly create graphics and edit photos. I publish a lot of content and sometimes I just need a quick alteration to an existing photo to help me with a story.

PicMonkey review by Robin C.
Robin C.

"Good Photo Editing Software"

What do you like best?

I love how easy editing is. VERY user friendly with an interface that is basically self-explanatory

What do you dislike?

I don't like that they no longer offer any free version. The premium has always had more features, but to totally do away with the free version makes many people upset

Recommendations to others considering the product

The software is unbeatable in creation and editing. Warning that they discontinued any free version so now you have to pay for all usage.

Being able to quickly create memes and post them. Having the ability to do this on the computer or in the app is a huge benefit.

PicMonkey review by Erin S.
Erin S.

"PicMonkey is absolutely the best!"

What do you like best?

PicMonkey is such an easy to use program; even for people that aren't photo editing savvy. The layout is simple and so easy to navigate, making it perfect for quick edits. However the amount of features make it awesome for larger projects too!

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I like to edit large files. And unfortunately if you have a super sized file, it may slow to screeching halt and ask you to resize. This really isn't a huge problem but can be tricky if you're hoping for a larger printable image.

Recommendations to others considering the product

PicMonkey has two levels. The basic free level, which is absolutely fine for general editing. But if you're a blogger or business owner, opt for the upgrade. It's $30 a year and absolutely well worth it to get more fonts and effects.

I use PicMonkey to create quick social media images and Pinterest images for my business. And thanks to the newly introduced Hub, it's easier than ever to rapidly create those things with premade templates!

PicMonkey review by Amanda A.
Amanda A.

"Must-have web app for social & more"

What do you like best?

I love the ease and versatility of the program. It gives me the power of something like Photoshop without the cost or time investment to learn. I use it for everything, from basic editing to designing infographics and other elements. Font choices are endless, as you can access your own fonts. There are plenty options for overlays, and they are adding more all the time. I also love that they are responsive to complains/improvements, and share ideas for improving your designs regularly on the PicMonkey blog. This has been my go-to software for going on 3 years (or more) and I've recommended it to dozens of friends and coworkers.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I would like to see changed is a better ability to choose layers while I'm designing. Otherwise, I love the program and the updates they continuously provide.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Pay for the yearly Royale! Well worth the price.

Empowering others in the organization to edit photos without having to invest in expensive software. The benefits are unending -- I no longer have to edit simple things for others because they are able to do them on their own.

PicMonkey review by Michelle "Mitchie" C.
Michelle "Mitchie" C.

"PicMonkey, I'm a lucky Monkey"

What do you like best?

I have been using this product since 2010-sh. I am quite pleased with it for simple photo editing. I mostly use it to add layers and watermark. And this feature suits me very well. The overlay themes are fairly cool to use. I have used them for a number of projects without disappointment. I love the collage feature!

What do you dislike?

Picmonkey does not offer a clipping tool or background remover, This is problematic, you will need another photo editor for this task. There are ways around this - you can upload a plain background then use the sticker/overlay option to "upload your own". This is where you will spend a great amount of time with the eraser tool! But no worries, there's a zoom feature so you won't miss a corner or dark spot.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a very easy to use and understand photo editor - this is a close to perfect option. While it does not offer clipping, background removal, or gif maker, it is still a very useful product. My #1 most used app on my PC. Pricing isn't too shabby. $40 annually. But I'd rather use the free service without the royale features until they add those options above. They offer a free 7 day trial.

I am able to edit my pics with just a few easy to use tools. An added benefit is the sticker option which I use to watermark my pics.

PicMonkey review by Amanda R.
Amanda R.

"A Great place to start for virtual design"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it was to get started using PicMonkey. The userinterface is intuitive and the shapes/colors I can choose from are really beautiful and professional in appearance. It really has helped me develop great online visuals for my business. I also really liked the photo "touches" like blemish fixer!

What do you dislike?

Although it was intuitive to use, using some of the additional features from the dropdowns can be overwhelming. There are a LOT of choices to go with, and I know I could spend HOURS sifting through to find the right tool. I also am not a big fan of the push for monthly payments after the free trial. When I was first using PicMonkey, the service was free and the option to upgrade was always there. However, this company has seemed to turn towards a more monthly subscription based service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

PicMonkey is a great too, especially if you are looking to get the same basic visual editing that photoshop may offer; however, if you are looking to create a visual comprised of more basic elements and that do not require extensive photo editing, I would recommend a program that does not require you to pay per month.

Mainly marketing my brand and my services to my customers through visuals I create. I like to give them something that represents me and my brand and will help my customers feel at ease when they interact with me.

PicMonkey review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Pic Monkey photo editing for photos of people for sites, etc"

What do you like best?

Pic monkey is absolutely the best, affordable photo editing app for faces. It never looks overdone and is a great way to slightly enhance photos of clients for their website profile etc without looking like a clown

What do you dislike?

I would like pic monkey to expand, to have more photoshop-like services. To be able to make a background transparent, for example

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend picmonkey to other business owners looking for an affordable online photo editing software. Easy to use and convenient since you can access from anywhere! They just came out with an app as well which is great for people who work remotely or on the go.

Great easy editing, especially if you don't have photoshop. Works on product photos as well, although I believe to be better for people.

PicMonkey review by User in Writing and Editing
User in Writing and Editing

"Rip off"

What do you like best?

Nothing; customer service is awful and there is nothing useful about the product.

What do you dislike?

After searcing and searching I could not find out how to use this service for "free" so was forced to choose a paid membership with a 1 week free trial; used it for 1 simple project and promptly canceled my membership. Picmonkey charge my credit card for a full year anyway! As soon as I realized this I demanded a full refund but they would only refund 11 months, not 12 "per their policy." So although they charged my card without authorization since I'd cancelled my account in a timely manner they are charging me anyway. HORRIBLE customer service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't use this service!

Problems not solved; no benefit

PicMonkey review by sugey m.
sugey m.

"It is my ally in design."

What do you like best?

I like it because it is a good photo editor that allows me to touch up, change the lighting and place text which helps me to make invitations, cards and personalized photo memories.

What do you dislike?

It is quite good with the functions to fulfill, therefore I consider that there is nothing negative to add.

Recommendations to others considering the product

very good application, I recommend it.

PicMonkey helps me a lot in my work, because with it I can make collages of all the designs of my nails and so the clients select the design they want in an easy way ... which brings great benefits to my work as a manicurist.

PicMonkey review by Linda R.
Linda R.

"Easy product, not as polished as some other web-based options"

What do you like best?

This is so easy to use - ridiculously easy to use! And, it's got so many free features that you really don't have to upgrade to Royale although it's so inexpensive you really should just go for the upgrade. Totally worth it. Love the overlays and the collage feature is by far the best one of any other similar product.

What do you dislike?

When you export images they get blurry and lose their sharpness. That is the biggest issue with this product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Jump right in! Begin using this immediately - but be mindful of the sharpness issue when exporting/saving images. If you have no design department then this program will be a lifesaver for you.

Don't have a designer but I'm able to use this product to create more professional graphics.

PicMonkey review by Allison B.
Allison B.

"My favorite tool of all time!"

What do you like best?

PicMonkey is by far the most useful tool I use. I use it on a daily basis, and pay for PicMonkey premium, even though their free option is really great too. I use PicMonkey for resizing photos, adding text to images, creating collages, designing images from scratch, adjusting exposure/white balance, and more. Plus, they've introduced a system to save projects in their hub, so you don't have to finish creating your image in one sitting.

What do you dislike?

It's hard for me to pick out something I do not like about PicMonkey. If I had to pick something, I guess it would be that I wish there were a few more text effect options. They've introduced a few effects, such as a drop shadow, which is a good start. I also wish they gave a little more control over color options for their overlays. Some of the overlays allow you to pick specific colors (which I love), but others only allow you to choose a color scheme (which I don't love).

Images are SUPER important for every business. Social networks like Pinterest, Facebook, and Instagram rely heavily on images, and if you don't have something eye-catching and professional-looking, people will not engaged with your business or promote your links.

PicMonkey review by Natalie S.
Natalie S.

"Pic monkey "

What do you like best?

I like that they have both a desktop and mobile app, how easy it is to use and the many features it offers.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that you need to pay for the some of the premium features such as “touch up”.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Download the mobile app to have the ease to create and edit photos on the go,

When we need to create quick digital ads, this is the solution without breaking the bank.

PicMonkey review by User in Events Services
User in Events Services

"Not worth the price"

What do you like best?

To be honest I can’t think of anything. I think the system is outdated. It reminds me of MySpace. I think that the software needs some updating to be worth the price.

What do you dislike?

Everything from the clip art to the photo features need some updating. They could use some reworking in their user friendly options as far as making them more accessible and well actually user friendly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try something else.

None

PicMonkey review by Grace H.
Grace H.

"Perfect for a quick edit or collages for those lacking PS!"

What do you like best?

The easy interface is brilliant. I find it is so easy for everyone to follow which is especially helpful when explaining to a colleague how to complete a simple task of resizing an image for example. From applying a filter for social media, resizing to fit a template or creating a collage from scratch, PicMonkey is able to help you complete what you set out to do in just a few clicks.

What do you dislike?

A few of the best filters and editing tools are reserved for premium accounts only. A layers panel would also be great - if this would mean the interface would become too complicated, perhaps a 'Pro' option with more technical features could be developed for those like myself who are more at home working with Photoshop.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would suggest giving it a go with the tools and features available on a free account and then, if you decide you like it, give the Premium option a go. The Premium option unlocks a lot more features which could help but it's definitely worth a try with the basic tools before giving up on design altogether!

I find PicMonkey is a great alternative to show to colleagues who have found Photoshop too difficult to comprehend or for those who simply lack Photoshop on their computer. It's so easy for even beginners to follow - a simple resize or collage can be completed in 5 minutes with no stressing about layers and all that Photoshop jazz!

PicMonkey review by Katya K.
Katya K.

"The best online photo editing and graphics creation app I've ever seen."

What do you like best?

I like the integration with Google Drive. I also love the easy interface, and the seemingly endless and amazing features. I love the banners, fonts, the complex graphic effects, the backgrounds, and the easy resizing.

When I had questions, the customer support was fantastic, and the cost is so reasonable. They have good tutorials, too.

What do you dislike?

I honestly can't think of anything I dislike about it. I think I recall wishing for more transparency options at one point, perhaps. And it can be difficult to select objects that are behind other objects, so a Layers panel would be great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The price is right, the support is great, and the features are incredible. It's definitely worth trying out. Also, because it's browser based, it can be used on multiple computers, unlike Photoshop.

PicMonkey has been a fantastic way to create graphics for social media posts, for logos, for image augmentation, and just for personal fun. I've often used it just as a quick way to reduce the pixel widths or file sizes of images that I had stored online in google Drive when I didn't have the image physically stored on the computer I was using.

I recently used PicMonkey during a screenshare session to quickly brainstorm a logo redesign with a client, and that made it easy for her to try out multiple styles of font and effects to get us started in the right direction.

PicMonkey review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Love PicMonkey!!"

What do you like best?

I have been using PicMonkey for over three years for my very basic marketing. I love the new addition of their hub so I can work and rework my images from anywhere.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I can think of is that sometimes my computer will freeze when I’m using PicMonkey. I suppose that’s more a problem with my computer though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it! Even if you just use the free version it is also very valuable to your business!

I love that I can personalize my marketing images easily with the use of PicMonkey.

PicMonkey review by Amela V.
Amela V.

"Extremely easy to use and does the job"

What do you like best?

I like how i am able to have access to so many features without the premium option but the other ones are great as well. The original version gives you just enough to work with!

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it doesnt save. IT does not automatically save to your system like microsoft word or something

I havent had an business problems. I run a personal training business so this software benefits my business greatly. I made a logo and collage for social media and more.

PicMonkey review by Administrator

"LOVE this program"

What do you like best?

This is the program that made me fall in love with Design! It makes design projects so easy and even lets you incorporate your own images and fonts.

What do you dislike?

I would love if the app had more features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would prefer to have more options on the app, so that I could do some work while on the run and save it to the hub.

I create most of our online content with PicMonkey. I manage our social media accounts, and use this program to make most of our images.

PicMonkey review by User in Higher Education

"Great photo editor and collage-creator"

What do you like best?

PicMonkey is an awesome, inexpensive tool that we use to edit photos and make collages for our website and social media. We use PicMonkey daily for a quick and easy place to edit photos and create collages for Instagram or Facebook. When we designed our new recruitment website, we used PicMonkey "Effects" to give all our photos the same look.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally, PicMonkey will struggle with bigger image files, making the editing process super slow. The collage tool will also sometimes make the photos appear grainy even if they are high quality.

PicMonkey for us serves in between a standard photo editor (we use Lightroom) and and a full editor like Photoshop which we only purchase for one or two employees in the office because it's way too expensive. So, we'll typically edit photos in Lightroom, then upload to PicMonkey for Effects, to make collages, add text and shapes, etc.

PicMonkey review by Lisa T.
Lisa T.

"Great Photo Editing Tool"

What do you like best?

It has a lot of capabilities available both for free and for paid subscription.

What do you dislike?

I found it to be slow at times. Which made editing photos a bit blah.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are just starting out in photography or if you don't have PS but need some PS type editing done, this is a good option.

Definitely getting around using Photoshop. I can do most things in PicMonkey that I can do on PS, and without a degree in PS to do it.

"PicMonkey"

What do you like best?

I love the new features added to PicMonkey. One of those features are templates already made. Now all you have to do is change the information because the template is already made. Another feature is the Hub. I enjoy this feature because my coworkers and I can toggle back and forth with templates.

What do you dislike?

I do not dislike anything on PicMonkey.

We use PicMonkey for all of our graphics at work. PicMokey is user friendly and makes it look like you used Photoshop.

User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Good for simple edits, very visual interface"

What do you like best?

I like that all the commonly used tools are right there for you. Compared to the Adobe Suite, there is a much lower learning curve. Also, the software itself has very clean interface.

What do you dislike?

Not much that I dislike at this point. However, our company already had access to the creative suite and so I did not need to pay for this membership as I can use photoshop just fine.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep doing what you do. It's awesome. The free trial was also very enjoyable, thank you for making it almost a full out experience :).

We were able to crop things incredibly quickly and fine tune lighting really well. Definitely enjoyed this for efficiency. Dragging in the picture to immediately edit was also great.

PicMonkey review by Kristina N.
Kristina N.

"Easy Peasy for Photo Editing - Look like a pro!"

What do you like best?

This software gives me the option of editing photos without the expense or experience necessary to learn to use something like Photoshop. I can use it to enhance photos and add images or text on top of the photos for use in marking and social media. It is very user friendly.

What do you dislike?

I can't really complain, because it does everything I need it to do for me and it costs nothing. There are paid features but I have not had a necessity for them quite yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is easy to use and fun! Give it a try!

I can enhance my property photos to make them look professional. I use it to create my print materials and also photos to put up on social media. I can do much more with out the need of a marketing person.

PicMonkey review by Cindy C.
Cindy C.

"Great way to create vibrant, branded Social Media Graphics"

What do you like best?

I am thrilled with the HUB option that has recently been created! Now you can save graphics to edit later or to use as a template for branded graphics! And the "Royal" price is amazing.

What do you dislike?

There's honestly not anything i can say that I dislike! Great software and easy to use.

Easy way to create and save branded social media and other graphics. I use this more than Photoshop now!

PicMonkey review by User

"Easy photo editing software"

What do you like best?

I find PicMonkey to be easy and user friendly. Its intuitive and users can quickly jump into basic editing without a lot of trial and error time or having to learn much about the software.

What do you dislike?

Now requires a paid subscription to save images and make basic edits. If you are only making basic edits, that may not be worth the cost.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of the free trial!

I can quickly and easily resize and edit images for use on a website. It takes only a few seconds to upload an image and either resize or crop to the right size for the site or ad. Edits beyond basic take a little more time, but are still pretty user friendly.

User in Automotive

"I absolutely love PicMonkey"

What do you like best?

I love the layouts and editing features. This program is wonderful. We use PicMonkey to make the majority of our marketing and social media banners and designs

What do you dislike?

Honestly I can't think of anything I dislike at the moment. I use the program daily!

We have saved money on marketing materials by creating some ourselves using PickMonkey. We all realized that PicMonkey is valuable. Using the program has caused us to become more creative and think outside the box.

PicMonkey review by User in Law Practice
User in Law Practice

"A fun tool for serious results"

What do you like best?

I like the simplicity of the program. It is very simple to use but the results you can achieve with this are the next best thing to Photoshop. You can create stunning images at a relatively low price and the different tools are more fun to use than a professional photo editor.

What do you dislike?

It is not free (but offers a free trial). Other than the cost there is really nothing I don't like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of the free trial.

Creating images for my website.

"Love this program."

What do you like best?

I love that it’s a short and sweet design program that gives me access to everything I need for quick and simple edits with plenty of creativity be tools to really make my creations come alive.

What do you dislike?

This program is great. I have no complaints.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is fantastic tool for bloggers and small business folks alike who maybe don’t focus their careers in design/art but still want quality output. Simple and straightforward.

Design and editing. Graphic creation.

PicMonkey review by Megan H.
Megan H.

"Easy editing"

What do you like best?

PicMonkey is user-friendly, has lots of great font options and offers both templates and a blank canvas.

What do you dislike?

To access all the benefits, you need to pay for a professional account.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I like PicMonkey and for a long time it was my go-to design program. I currently prefer other design programs over PicMonkey simply based on the options available but still a great program.

We are able to create graphics and collages.

PicMonkey review by Sarah R.
Sarah R.

"Picmonkey"

What do you like best?

Picmonkey is the best mobile based photo editor EVER! Easier to use than even photoshop. I recommend it to all peers/friends looking to edit/create pictures.

What do you dislike?

My only complaint is that occasionally the website crashes or slows my computer processes down to a painful level.

Marketing and promotional materials. The quality of my materials now better reflects the professionalism of my services offered.

PicMonkey review by Administrator

"Makes daily design quick and easy"

What do you like best?

Picmonkey makes my daily design needs easy to complete and look good

What do you dislike?

It would be great to have a little more room in the saved hub area without having to upgrade

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great product for quick, easy graphics on the go.

I don't have to spend time and money learning and upgrading more complex graphic programs to have good-looking graphics on social media and print applications - quickly

PicMonkey review by Craig A.
Craig A.

"Great product when you want to do something to an image and you are in a hurry."

What do you like best?

It has a very user friendly interface and has most of the tools you require when editing an image, it is also very cheap to upgrade to the Pro version.

What do you dislike?

Not having the ability to keep a imported images dimensions the same when increasing its size.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product even with the Free version.

Creating Home Screen Images for Mobile Apps and also promotional images for the Google Play Store.

"PicMonkey"

What do you like best?

I love that it is web based. In my job, I am not always at the same computer, and I can pull it up anywhere and do what I need to do.

What do you dislike?

I wish they would have more 3D style features

I do everything on Picmonkey, from Website banners, to social media graphics, to resizing pictures. It is a multi use tool and I utilize it nearly every day.

"My absolute favorite"

What do you like best?

I recommend this software all the time for ease of use and such infinite creativity!

My favorite image rendering software!

What do you dislike?

I'd like for there to be an alignment feature. Maybe, just a movable grid line?

This would help with centering...

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's ease of use and affordability are comparable to none!

Great software!

This makes image mock ups and watermarking the easiest it's ever been.

The browser based interface makes it easy to use anywhere!

So awesome!

PicMonkey review by John P.
John P.

"PicMonkey Is My Favorite Software"

What do you like best?

PicMonkey replaced Adobe Photoshop for me. Ease of use and still a very powerful program. I love the PicMonkey Hub for storing photos in the cloud.

What do you dislike?

I am still getting use to new design features (user interface)

I was paying a professional designer $1,000 a month for website banner designs - now I can do it myself with PicMonkey!

PicMonkey review by User in Mental Health Care
User in Mental Health Care

"Good for editing photos - not user friendly."

What do you like best?

The application can edit photos in a way that is intuitive.

What do you dislike?

All other features, including turning a photo into a social media post or flyer, are not user friendly and difficult to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use in conjunction with other products for the purpose of social media marketing.

Photo editing software that makes it easy to transfer to other websites.

PicMonkey review by User in Publishing
User in Publishing

"Easy Online Image Editing Tool"

What do you like best?

PicMonkey is easy to use. It offers a wide variety of options to edit your images. I really like the addition of the Hub so that I can go make and make further changes to an image I've already edited.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes PicMonkey moves a little slower than I'd like.

I use PicMonkey to edit images, mainly for use on social media. It helps me personalize what I post.

PicMonkey review by Whitney S.
Whitney S.

"It's awesome"

What do you like best?

i prefer picmonkey over photo shop, it's easier to maneuver

What do you dislike?

there's nothing that i really don't like so far

helps us make our marketing tools better

PicMonkey review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"PicMonkey is a must for bloggers"

What do you like best?

PicMonkey is an easy way to make collages that will fit for facebook and pinterest. It is a must have for anyone wanting to add a little fun to a picture

What do you dislike?

You have so many options especially when it comes to making great images for the holidays. The borders and fonts are amazing. I like how you can save images and then change them up with word

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for images on blogs to showcase giveaways and making the hero image. Also helpful for make pinterest pins with size selection you can choose the correct size

I haven't had any problems at all with this product. They keep adding new features which are better and better each time.

PicMonkey review by Judi Y.
Judi Y.

"Reliable and easy-to-use image editing software"

What do you like best?

1. It's FREE - at least basic features are

2. Being browser-based, it's always installed, current, and available

3. Easy to navigate

4. Fast response time

5. Ability to save in multiple sizes

6. Fun overlays and text effects

7. Easy photo crop and resize

8. Touch up and "photoshop" faces

What do you dislike?

Canva offers premade designs with lots of images and illustrations to get me started when I'm have creativity block. PicMonkey doesn't have those extras.

As a web designer, I use PicMonkey regularly to crop and resize images, add filters or effects, and especially to add frames.

PicMonkey review by Jennifer J.
Jennifer J.

"A Bloggers (and Freelancer's Best Friend)"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to use. They are constantly adding new features and the premium pricing is manageable.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really. The program is very easy to use. I've recommended this to other freelancers as a cheaper alternative to Adobe Photoshop.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of the blog and tips. They provide a lot of great hints for designers on how to make the most of their features.

I am a blogger, freelance writer and editor. I like how inexpensive it is while allowing me the ability to easily edit photos

PicMonkey review by Consultant in Consumer Goods
Consultant in Consumer Goods

"In love with PicMonkey"

What do you like best?

i love all the options it offers. The full access to overlays, fonts and designs makes it really easy to create personalized and fun flyers. I also like the templates to use a base designs. My company (Scentsy, Inc.) has started a partnership with them.

What do you dislike?

that premium offers more than the free option

Recommendations to others considering the product

using the premium option will give you WAY more choices

In my business, being authentic and setting yourself apart from everyone is very valuable. PicMonkey allows me to express myself and create flyers that show my personality and individual brand.

User in Automotive

"Best free photo software"

What do you like best?

The new templates feature is great. i love that they have the sizes for each social media account.

What do you dislike?

Signing in to my account every time I need to edit something

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sign up for the paid subscription! It is cheap and well worth it!

Quick templates for email blasts, website, and social media

PicMonkey review by User in Law Practice
User in Law Practice

"A Great Tool for Marketers"

What do you like best?

My favorite part of using PicMonkey is the ability to choose a template and have various overlays and graphics at my fingertips to use to create unique posts very quickly.

What do you dislike?

I do wish that PicMonkey had the ability for me to "snap" graphics into place with a grid.

Needing to create social media posts quickly is a real issue in my job because I don't have time to spend an hour every day working on our social media posts. PicMonkey allows me to get this content created in just a few minutes.

PicMonkey review by Gregg F.
Gregg F.

"I use PicMonkey all of the time!"

What do you like best?

It is easy to use and give you many options for editing photos.

What do you dislike?

They are always trying to have me upgrade to Royale.

I use PicMonkey to resize and crop photos for our monthly Robly email campaign. It's quick and easy to use from anywhere.

PicMonkey review by Crys W.
Crys W.

"Quick and easy photo editing tool."

What do you like best?

The ease of use. I have full photo editing software on my computer, but often it is much faster to get the desired results in PicMonkey. The range of options is incredible, especially on the pro account, which is very reasonably priced.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes selecting elements or layers within the design are difficult.

Efficiency in photo editing and design creation.

PicMonkey review by User in Publishing
User in Publishing

"One of my favorite editing tools before it switched to the paid subscription"

What do you like best?

I love the font options and the blemish fix tool. I also used Picmonkey for collages quite often because they were so simple to make quickly on there.

What do you dislike?

I never really liked the sticker selection on Picmonkey. It might be just me, but I always felt they were a bit juvenile and not sophisticated enough.

I used it to create graphics for social media (Facebook and Twitter). I made a few graphics with a quote overlay and collages.

PicMonkey review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Easy to use photo editor for non photographers"

What do you like best?

This website is convenient and easy to use. It was well worth the upgrade to royal.

What do you dislike?

I sometimes have issues with saving my files and it runs slow at times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We did not have an editing tool in our office before we discovered Pic Monkey. I really wish it had a better mobile app.

We do not always receive the best quality images. Easy photo editing helps us in the long run with better marketing materials.

PicMonkey review by Consultant in Primary/Secondary Education
Consultant in Primary/Secondary Education

"Great resource to create collages"

What do you like best?

I love the ese of use in creating collages

What do you dislike?

I wish all the options were just drag and drop

I am able to create collages to best show end products. Its clean and has so many awesome configuration choices

PicMonkey review by Jessie C.
Jessie C.

"Creates great design and easy to use! "

What do you like best?

I love the different layouts to chose from and how we have the option to chose from style and size.

What do you dislike?

That we have to pay to use such a simplified software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great first software to play around with!

Creating beautiful and creative marketing items.

PicMonkey review by User in Legal Services
User in Legal Services

"No longer meets my needs"

What do you like best?

Helps with simple picture editing needs such as overlaying a logo on a photo and cropping

What do you dislike?

The website is too simplistic and no longer meets my needs. I now use Canva since it is more in-depth for what I need it to do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider switching to an alternative free service with more features available

I was using it for creating social graphics. It helped with simplistic photo editing. I now use Canva instead.

PicMonkey review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"Pic monkey Great for collages"

What do you like best?

I love all the templates for collages. I often have to create a graphic displaying product with a varying number of images. I can quickly load my images, pick from a pretty good range of preset templates, plug them in and save in minutes.

What do you dislike?

When it came to creating a flyer it took me a little bit to figure out my way around the options. But I think this would have been the case with any type of editing program you're unfamiliar with.

If I need an attractive poster/graphic for advertising, picmonkey is my go to. I know I can create something using my own images and style in a matter of minutes and it's good quality resolution.

PicMonkey review by Nora R.
Nora R.

"Excellent editing options for a program that offers many of its components for free."

What do you like best?

Editing tools. Filters. Extremely easy to use. Ease of uploading/downloading pictures.

What do you dislike?

When you're using the free version, the options costing money are intertwined with the free options.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Excellent free picture editing program.

I have altered pictures of my paintings using PicMonkey before printing and showing.

PicMonkey review by User in Religious Institutions
User in Religious Institutions

"Pic Monkey Editing Review"

What do you like best?

Using this to create and edit photos and doing minor touchups. This product was great for adding text and fixing cosmetic details.

What do you dislike?

The fee and membership and sometimes the difficulty of using the product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think that using this for more personal things that professional is better. The ease of use is good but the quality of options and stickers available were either difficult and took training or were too simplistic. No modern touches to it.

Using this for thumbnails was useful except for minor issues.

PicMonkey review by User in Consumer Services
User in Consumer Services

"PicMonkey works great!"

What do you like best?

Easy to use. Lots of free features. There's even an app to use on your phone and another to use on Chrome. "Packages" for various seasons; Halloween, Christmas, Valentine's Day, etc.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. It's all pretty great. Even the price for the royal treatment is inexpensive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely give PicMonkey a try! It's easy to use and quick to learn. You can find tutorials online or there are templates for a real easy fix.

I use PicMonkey to create graphics advertising products, sales, and promotions for my business, JIC by Julie (jicbyjulie.com).

PicMonkey review by User in Consumer Goods
User in Consumer Goods

"Normal pic to magnificent"

What do you like best?

I love how an everyday pic can look beautiful with some clever touch ups and additions.

What do you dislike?

There can be an imagine in your head where you want to come to fruition and you can't find the right colors, add-ons, ect.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have an open mind. There are lots of choices but also sometimes limitations to your imaginations.

I solve normal pictures looking very professional. I realized it brings validation to my business.

PicMonkey review by Penney Jade B.
Penney Jade B.

"PicMonkey Review"

What do you like best?

It lets you edit pictures and make collages.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that it doesnt always crop the pictures the way I like for the collages.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I definitely recommend PicMonkey to others as it makes your pictures clearer and more manageable to work with.

Better quality photos meaning more appealing newsletters.

PicMonkey review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"PicMonkey is my favorite free online photo editor. "

What do you like best?

It's like someone distilled all the best photoshop features into a nice clean interface so easy to use. The best tools are the clone tool for touching up photos, airbrush, blemish remover, mascara, eye bright

and holiday features for design.

What do you dislike?

I honesty wouldn't pay for the software because it is very basic. You can get a lot done with the free features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to edit photos, make simple designs and want a clean easy user interface I recommend PicMonkey.

We wanted to have our clients edit some of their own images who didn't have Photoshop.

PicMonkey review by User in Professional Training & Coaching
User in Professional Training & Coaching

"Easy graphics and photo editing"

What do you like best?

Very quick and easy to use with virtually no learning curve

What do you dislike?

Nothing yet to dislike... all good - maybe an option for lifetime membership at a discount?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a go - much easier to work with than photoshop, good instruction videos on youtube and is geared to real needs of users.

Collages, graphics with text over the top, enhancing colours on photos, Facebook memes, brochure covers.

PicMonkey review by Keiren G.
Keiren G.

"Ok photo editor"

What do you like best?

Its very good for makeing photo collages

What do you dislike?

Hard to use interface. Crashes a lot on my computer

Helped to create a quick photo collage

User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Pic Monkey is great for editing photos"

What do you like best?

This is a terrific program and is easy to use. It is perfect for simple editing of photos.

What do you dislike?

It used to be free and is not longer so. I wish there was a free version so I could recommend to my colleagues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check for non-profit pricing - which (I believe) is free.

Editing photos for subsequent use in social media campaigns.

PicMonkey review by User in Individual & Family Services
User in Individual & Family Services

"Simple and Quick"

What do you like best?

PicMonkey has been my go to software any time I need to make a quick photo for facebook or any other social media site.

What do you dislike?

Nothing I love the software. It meets all of our needs.

Marketing designs

PicMonkey review by Tara B.
Tara B.

"Great For Beginners Or Professionals Short On Time"

What do you like best?

The intuitive nature of the product and ease of use.

What do you dislike?

There is a large amount of paid extras that I haven't gotten to try yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try! Totally free to use the minimum features which is all I work with.

Quick marketing, I've been able to get much more graphic design work done in a short amount of time!

PicMonkey review by User in Religious Institutions
User in Religious Institutions

"Simple photo editing "

What do you like best?

Simple photo editing. Simple enough for anyone to use.

What do you dislike?

Not all of the options are free. They have a few premium options.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They now offer a mobile app which is rather new. Several option are premium and you have to pay.

We post photos online and they help us to make sure the photos are looking their best.

PicMonkey review by User in Medical Practice
User in Medical Practice

"Love Picmonkey"

What do you like best?

Ease of use and functionality is amazing!

What do you dislike?

cost associated with it. takes a little getting use to.

photo editing

User in Automotive

"Use PicMonkey to create custom blog post images"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, great filter and editing options

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the interface lags when there are a lot of custom fonts that it's using.

Create custom, shareable graphics for social media, which can help get more clicks and traffic.

PicMonkey review by User in Health, Wellness and Fitness