Want to see who topped the 2019 Best Software Awards?

PicMonkey

(145 reviews)

PicMonkey is a photo editing solution that provides creative tools for photo editing and graphic design.

Work for PicMonkey?

Learning about PicMonkey?

PicMonkey Reviews

Showing 144 PicMonkey reviews
PicMonkey review by Kerly G.
Kerly G.

"picmonkey very good way to edit my pictures."

What do you like best?

thanks to this application I have edited my photographs in a unique way, what I like the most is that it is online and without having to download it can work, it is free, you have many functions like clipping, to insert text, edit photographs , I can make collages and much more.

What do you dislike?

I use this application very often and I could say as a negative aspect that being an application to work online, those users who do not have Internet will not be able to use this application, for everything else it is very good, I believe that their technology for editing photos is excellent.

This tool has worked very well for me, as an artisan and creator of different accessories for women, I must take pictures of all my work, and thanks to the tool to edit the photos, I can group several, add text and thus publish these pictures in my social networks, allowing me to make my work known by all the existing means.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about PicMonkey
PicMonkey review by China P.
China P.

"Good program if you want to pay for it"

What do you like best?

I love that I can do all kinds of different editing with this site. The collage feature is awesome and adds a little more to the pics than what you expect. You can add text, frames, textures, all kinds of stuff to pics, collages, etc. I like all the different textures and fonts you can add to the pictures. You can also add things like frames, effects, stickers, and even use Templates.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that the price went up within 2 weeks of me canceling my subscription. I paid for it because it was on the cheaper side of things and now it's not. I also don't like that they now have 2 different versions for you to use. You start in the original version and that's also the only place you can do collages but then to do actual picture editing there is a "New" version that it will take you too and even though you click the button to take you there it will still verify that you want to go there. (If I click the button it means I want to go there)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just make sure that you keep an eye out for their pricing. They change it and you don't find out until after they have done it.

I used this to make edits to our pictures and videos in order to use those in our social media, blogs, website, and lots of other areas. I actually found that the collage feature is extremely helpful in our business because people absolutely love to see them. Being able to actually form collages with this was the easiest part of the program they offer.

What Photo Editing solution do you use?

PicMonkey review by Caroline M.
Caroline M.

"Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

Pic Monkey is extremely easy to use. It give step by step instructions, and has a plethora of templates to choose from. Recently, they updated their platform and it's even better. Work saves automatically, so if your computer shuts down unexpectedly, your graphic will still be there. I also love the Themes section. If I'm trying to make a Holiday graphic in a rush, everything I need will be in one place.

What do you dislike?

I do wish we could edit images (We can currently only crop or erase) that are part of our layers. I'm not sure if that makes sense, but sometimes it's a little annoying to go back and forth between PicMonkey tabs on my computer because I have to edit an image in one tab, just to put it in my main graphic.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out before buying a Photoshop subscription!

With PicMonkey, I am able to make fliers and graphics for our City's events. We save money by not needing to hire an outside graphic designer, and save time with the convenient features.

PicMonkey review by Miguel B.
Miguel B.

"PicMonkey, a very complete photo editor to be online."

What do you like best?

What I like about PicMonkey is its ease of use. All Picmonkey is summarized to its left sidebar in which all the editing sections are divided in a very simple way, each one with its corresponding icon. Additionally, in the lower part, the arrows will be used to undo and redo the changes, actions that can be carried out at any time -except if the layers are combined. It has 51 different effects are divided into several categories: Tried and true, Basic, Black and White, Camera look, paintbox, light, area, artsy and advance.

You also have many options to retouch an image, it is divided into several categories; Skin, Mouth, Eyes, the rest. It is a very complete photo editor to be online.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I do not like is that I have to pay for some tools. But honestly I love this photo editor and it has been very useful in my work. He obtained great benefits.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend using picmonkey because it is a photo editor that will surprise you, it has a great variety of tools to edit the photos in a very professional way. It is complete, easy to use and unique. To be an online editor I think it's great.

In my work as a photographer Picmonkey has been a fundamental tool, I have edited my photographs and I have obtained great, beautiful and professional results. It is a very useful and complete tool to improve my work

PicMonkey review by Jose Gregorio G.
Jose Gregorio G.

"My work in photos."

What do you like best?

I like this application because with it I can make collages with photos of my work as a bib, where you can appreciate my style when making cuts or designs according to the service that the client requests; and so to publicize my work at Arelys hairdressing UNISEX.

What do you dislike?

As a disadvantage, I consider that this application is a bit expensive for Venezuelan users; because the change from dollars to bolivars has a high cost, in addition the trial period is short.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend this photo editor for being easy to use, have wide acceptance in the market and have updated templates.

PicMonkey benefits me, because it allows me to order the photos of my works in collage and then print them and create my own catalogs, where my clients can see the different models of cuts and designs that I have in my repertoire and select the service they want me to give them. offer, which greatly speeds up my work; I also benefit by giving me publicity on social networks by allowing me to publish my collages on the facebook page of the hairdresser where I work.

PicMonkey review by Carlos G.
Carlos G.

"PicMonkey: the perfect editor"

What do you like best?

The best thing about PicMonkey is that it is an online photo editing and design service. It can be used from a web browser, or through the PicMonkey mobile application. On the other hand, the program is easy to use and has a free trial version.

The software is especially useful for everyday uses.

What do you dislike?

The free version is really limited. It would be great if there were more options without paying. It should have more types of sources. The thing I dislike the most is the ads, which occupy almost all the work screen. And if you use the free version, you cannot download the final edition of the image.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend trying the free version and if it helps you, get the full version to have more variety and more options. But if you are looking for a more sophisticated design tool, it will be better you find another software more professional.

I can use PicMonkey to solve a lot of my daily design problems at work and at the college. This software helps me to create images for social media or edit photos that I use at work. It also helps me create funds for project presentations.

I think PicMonkey aids to create a more professional brand.

PicMonkey review by Luisa C.
Luisa C.

"My own makeup catalog."

What do you like best?

I like PicMonkey because it helps me to create my own makeup catalog in an easy, fast and fun way, because it allows me to make collage with the photos of the makeup service that I made to my clients, it also helps me to highlight the beauty of the photos by placing filters, cutting them, placing texts or emoticons that capture the attention of clients.

What do you dislike?

I think the application is a bit expensive and the trial period is short; but as for its operation I have no complaints.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend PicMonkey as a high quality photo editing tool, which can help you both in your professional and social environment and that does not require advanced photography knowledge to be able to use it.

PicMonkey benefits me directly Organizing the photos in an attractive way to show them to clients and indirectly helping me save time. Since PicMonkey allows me to organize the photos in collage according to the type of makeup (day, night, casual, for weddings ...) and in this way the client can see specifically the type of work that you want me to do, what we It saves time, both for me and the client when selecting the kind of makeup you want.

PicMonkey review by Jonatan Jose A.
Jonatan Jose A.

"The best program to edit my photos."

What do you like best?

It is a pretty good application, in my work, every case that I analyze must have photographic support, of each activity I do and present it to my superiors, and with this application I can make the presentation of the photos since I can add text, group them, place them frames, among many other functions.

What do you dislike?

I could not say anything against it, it has a smart technology that knows that I specifically need my photos and I can also edit several at the same time, allowing me to save time, I highly recommend it, I have done very well with this application, likewise the I use to edit my personal photos, I'm constantly using it and I have not seen anything negative.

Recommendations to others considering the product

it's worth using it is very good.

is an application that anyone can use anywhere, regardless of what kind of work they have, it is not only business but domestic, I use it domestically.

PicMonkey review by Jhonmyn B.
Jhonmyn B.

"With PicMonkey you can edit your images and create collages. It's very easy, fast and fun."

What do you like best?

it allows me to rotate images, exposure: brightness, shadows and contrast.

edit color, image size, perform artistic effects: Instagram type filters, blurs, zoom, HDR, etc.

All these features and effects of PicMonkey are of a great quality, being able to personalize them as I want.

What do you dislike?

you need to have a good internet connection, but it is slow to enter or upload any file to make the editing, besides that you need to have a premium account to be able to use the template designs and some editing tools, which only leave with the most basic.

Recommendations to others considering the product

PicMonkey is the online photo editor that combines power and simplicity to edit your photos with a wide range of options and is also easy to operate.

The amount of retouching options of PicMonkey is huge.

It allows me to carry out editing work for my network works, since it is easy to use and the designs I can achieve are very striking. I can achieve retouching in my photographs that make my work better quality.

PicMonkey review by Julio Alberto A.
Julio Alberto A.

"easy to use, effective for quick editing jobs."

What do you like best?

It is a very nice platform where you do not need more knowledge to make a photo editing, a retouch or even a collage, it has a wide and efficient tool palette with some indications of professional effects that can help you to obtain quite acceptable results, The automatic adjustment tool works correctly, helping to save exposure time, shadows, light and other effects.

The tool for collage is quite simple but very useful, it allows to edit, change sizes and place funds very quickly, it is efficient if you are looking to get a job very fast.

What do you dislike?

It is a platform that in its paid version does not offer what it expected, it still has an unprofessional character, which makes it only useful for fast and precise works in which no further depth is required in the edition and correction of photos and professional images.

some effects are still very aggressive which makes the platform very distant from obtaining levels close to those offered by other simple photo editors.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is recommended for simple and often informal work, you should not expect to get a great result as it is a platform designed for commercial editions and collages of low professional aesthetics.

I use it to solve issues of post production of images and photographs that require a simple retouch or adjustment, to apply vintage effects in which the platform offers an acceptable variety with good filters, editing work in which the client is not so demanding and the delivery time should be short.

PicMonkey review by Sydney G.
Sydney G.

"I use PicMonkey for all of my design needs! It has everything I need."

What do you like best?

I love its ease of use and how easy it was to learn. I love that the Hub keeps all of my projects saved and ready for me to edit at any time. I love how many overlay, border, theme, filter, and font options I have.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found anything I dislike about PicMonkey. The new editor has been a little wonky, but it is a beta, so that is expected.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You will not be disappointed with PicMonkey. I use it every day for all of my design needs and have never had a complaint. It has all of the features you need, but is easy to learn and use.

We use PicMonkey to edit images and create designs for FB ads, white papers, PDFs for our clients, images for our newsletter, etc! It is one of our favorite tools!

PicMonkey review by Rebeca E.
Rebeca E.

"Use Picmonkey when your creativity as a graphic designer has run out"

What do you like best?

The best thing about Picmonkey is its awesome and beautiful templates. I enjoy creating personalized designs on my own. Nevertheless, every now and again my creativity simply runs out. Is during these moments that Picmonkey comes in handy: I love its beautiful themes and templates, and I love even more that I can customize them completely by adding or deleting images, texts, overlays, backgrounds and textures. I also like that I can give more life to the any design I make by increasing or decreasing the saturation option.

What do you dislike?

What I don’t like of Picmonkey is that it presents a few bugs. The main bug is that when I try to choose and open a theme or template (and I click on the option for customizing it) the website takes me back to my main user page where I have to pick out the theme again, and t}that's quite annoying, even more when it happens three times in a row very often. This issue has happened to me (and a couple of my friends as well) many times, and in many different computers and locations, and that's why I think it's a Picmonkey's issue and not mine. It would be a great idea to solve this matter soon.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good software for getting inspiration and save time when making graphic design projects.

I can delliver my clients more variety of design projects as well as save time, all of this at the same time.

PicMonkey review by Amy L.
Amy L.

"If you're not using picmonkey, you're missing out! "

What do you like best?

I LOVE PICMONKEY. It's so easy to learn and an amazing tool for graphics. I love how user friendly it is, compared to other photo editing, computer graphic programs.

What do you dislike?

There is not a designated area for the overlay toolbar. It gets in the way and it can be annoying to constantly be moving it around and off the part of the image I'm working on.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The free trial has everything I need with what I do, but the paid version is worth it, too. I have used both! The unlimited paid version allows certain "royal" features like texts and other features. I recommend getting the unlocked version if you have the opportunity. It's not that expensive of a cost!

I do A LOT of graphic design & image editing with my business and instead of having to buy a professional software program, I can just go to picmonkey and use it quickly then be done! Super time effective!

PicMonkey review by Irina M.
Irina M.

"I believe that Picmonkey is a great aid for making headers and banners"

What do you like best?

After I found out about Picmonkey, I couldn’t believe how easy it was to make elements for web design. It’s great that after logging into my account, I get the chance to choose the size of my white work space. This gives me the opportunity to choose a size that matches a website header (or the size of other elements for a website) because this way, I can easily select a background color, then select some cool overlays for the same work, and finally adding some “ornaments” like beautiful text and lines. I still can’t believe how easy it’s to make all of this when I use Picmonkey.

What do you dislike?

What’s not so cool of Picmonkey is that there are a limited number of elements such as overlays (it would be nice if they added more types of animals and illustrations to make graphic designs look top notch). It’s also not so cool that at times the site starts working really slowly or it takes a long time to load or render your graphic designs, I know this may happen with many online software, but it tends to be quite a pain.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If what you’re looking for is an online software that lets you create images literally in minutes, then go for Picmonkey .

Picmonkey helps me make my clients happy by delivering cool graphic designs that they can use for their websites. They sometimes tell me that they’re really surprised at how cool they look. I want to thank Picmonkey for having helped me so much.

PicMonkey review by Richard Y.
Richard Y.

"Easy photo editor for quick and fun editing."

What do you like best?

PicMonkey is an in-browser photo editing application that’s compatible with most internet browsers capable of operating Flash. The best part of PicMonkey is that you don’t need to sign up to use it. You only need to drag and drop an image into your browser to begin your task. The app is easy to get used to and has enough features for casual users’. With PicMonkey, you can quickly edit and improve your images and save them in no time.

What do you dislike?

There is a limit to the number of free layouts the application has available and some features are are not free to use. Additionally, I wish the application will enable users to add an image as the background.

Recommendations to others considering the product

PicMonkey is a powerful, easy-to-use software that enables you to edit photos with a variety of tools for basic editing and lots more all in your web browser.

PicMonkey is the best "photo collage creator" that's super easy to use. It provides an easy way to create and customize a photo collage, with drag and drop functions for easy maneuvering.

PicMonkey review by Jarin C.
Jarin C.

"Love this fun tool!"

What do you like best?

Picmonkey makes it easy to create fun social media and marketing images without breaking the bank! The creators behind it have a sense of humor, and the features in it are robust without being overly technical! For 80% of everyday touch ups, editing, design, and image creation, this tool is awesome!

What do you dislike?

Some features could be better developed, such as the ability to remove certain borders after applying, the ability to see the image history and remove certain edits (rather than needing to start over to remove something I applied 15 moves ago.)

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're thinking about using PicMonkey...stop thinking! The interface may take some time to familiarize yourself with and learn, but once you get a hang of it, there is so much you can do with this (and few things you can't do that only Photoshop does.) For a sole creative professional, 1 person marketing team, or social media aficionado that wants to create beautiful images, this is your tool!

This makes creating images fun, fast, and easy. With the immense weight social media puts on graphics these days, I couldn't imagine marketing without PicMonkey!

PicMonkey review by Linnaea M.
Linnaea M.

"Pic Monkey is FANTASTIC"

What do you like best?

templates that I can use as is or modify w/ my own text and images. "themes" - especially the Winter theme w/ snowfall - I add that to a lot of my PR photos. The collage - use it extensively to create ads for our T-shirt store - displaying a t-shirt, our logo and text about a sale or special. Frames, which I use to create quote images to build a following on Instagram. The overlays are useful to embellish drab photos.

What do you dislike?

Any PNG image takes a while to export. The hub drags a bit at times when saving images in it. Sometimes the template program crashes while loading. Would love additional themes and images - like perhaps Christmas light images. Would like additional options for creating circular text. I would like the option to choose colors for all filters and images.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have already recommended this to at least six other individuals.

I use pic monkey to modify photos I sell on one. I use it to create ads for our t-shirt store. I use it to create post and ads for my hearing loss endeavors/book, etc. I use it to create Instagram images for public speaking groups. I use it constantly. I just absolutely love the product. This is a quick and easy way to take images to the next level. For a non-technical person who is afraid of Photoshop, this is a Godsend.

PicMonkey review by Oombawka Design R.
Oombawka Design R.

"Quick and Easy Photo Editing"

What do you like best?

Ease of use and the capabilities it offers. My favorite tool is the white balance feature and color sampling.

What do you dislike?

I wish they had a way to add numbers as an overlay for collages (from 0 to 20). Instead I need to choose a font and try to find one that has large and bold enough numbers to be seen in the collage image. It would be great if that was a feature they added.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great application to use - easy and quick to learn - provides templates that are already sized for social media too. I use it for the images on my blog - and across social media. You can even match colors from your image using the dropper tool so your titles and overlays match exactly the colors you want. They have new features now to like a snap to grid to line up your overlays and text - it is something you can turn on and off so you can use it and then remove it to finish editing afterward. It also imports the fonts you have on your computer to be used in the app so you can stick to the fonts for your brand and that you are used too. Lots of great templates and options are included and added.

I can edit on the go - on my tablet or computer. Quick and easy - and very reliable. You don't have to learn a lot of background things to be able to use the app - it is very easy to do even the first time you upload an image.

PicMonkey review by User in Higher Education

"User Friendly Graphic Design & Photo Editing"

What do you like best?

I love that PicMonkey keeps it simple. I recommend it to all my students and friends when they are in need of some simple graphic design work. Other programs like Photoshop are great, but they take a great deal of time to learn. PicMonkey is always my solution, from creating posters to infographic, you name it. While the program also takes some know how, you can really create a lot, in addition to some wonderful photo editing software.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the new pricing plans they have adapted in recent years. I used to love recommending PicMonkey because it was free, with some features being "royal" that you had to have a membership for, but you could still create a lot. Now, you have to have the membership to save and download anything. And while they do have a seven day free trial, if you are new to the software, it may take some time to get a product you like and are trying to achieve while also trying to learn and tinker with what all is available, so the trial isn't long enough.

I use PicMonkey as a simple solution for my graphic design needs. As I don't need to create large Vector images, PicMonkey works wonderfully for creating graphics for social media posts, infographics, posters, and graphics for apparel.

PicMonkey review by Karla Adriana R.
Karla Adriana R.

"It´s easy being "creative" when you use picmonkey"

What do you like best?

This online image editor is awesome, and I completely mean it. The best part is the you can instantly become a professional graphic designer when you start using it because you can get to use from dozens and dozens of professional templates, then you just need to change some text here and there, and finally you just have to save your file to your computer, and you´re ready to sell, print or whatever you want to do with your new masterpiece.

What do you dislike?

I can see that there are many good templates, but I can see that the templates that Picmonkey offers are still a bit limited. I was a user of this tool long before they started offering templates, and now that they´re doing that, I think they need to offer a better arsenal, as it would be a good idea if they offered more variety and options so that users of many different industries could use and enjoy this online tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Picmonkey is really easy to use, and the images you create with it are really professional; the only thing is that it would still need more templates

The best benefits I get out from Picmonkey are that I can rfulfill a client´s order by using only Picmonkey. This is amazing because I feel as if this software was design onkly for me, because it basically does all the heavy duty tasks and I only concentrate on adding my client´s information on the image, which only takes me a couple of minutes.

PicMonkey review by Mario S.
Mario S.

"Picmonkey helps me share and sell my graphic ideas"

What do you like best?

I´ll start by saying that picmonkey is very user friendly: what I really like is that I can start a design by selecting a professional template or even add a collage type design sheet, and all of this can be done in a couple seconds. What I also like is that adding some effects, text and division areas is also quick and easy to add. The best part is that I can use these new designs to sell them for a nice price or even share work ideas in the form of images.

What do you dislike?

I used to be a free user of Picmonkey, and I loved it because I could make awesome designs within seconds for free, by only crediting Picmonkey. Now I´m a premium user, but I have to say that I dislike that they don´t allow free users to save and download their designs anymore (this is a very bad feature) and I also dislike that I have to pay almost 80 USD for being a premium user, which is pretty expensive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can create awesome design within a couple minutes with Picmonkey. However, be aware that this site isn´t as a few years ago, as now you can´t save and download your designs for free; you actually have to pay almost 80 USD so that you can do that.

Firstly, I can make beautiful designs for any type of business and ocassion (for example, for weddings, for youngsters parties, for school plays, and so on), and of course, I can sell these beautiful designs for a nice amount of money. Secondly, I can create great designs in order to store and share work ideas.

PicMonkey review by User

"Easiest way to do most functions for marketing images "

What do you like best?

How easy and intuitive this program is, plus the price is great! They keep adding more and more functions, which is fantastic. I love their new layers capability, as well as the ability to upload our custom fonts. So easy!

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it gets a bit bogged down or buggy. The support is not fantastic; it takes QUITE awhile to get a (frustrating) reply. I'm currently experiencing an issue with our PicMonkey right now that I have not been able to resolve for weeks, with several emails to support. Very frustrating.

Recommendations to others considering the product

PicMonkey is one of my most-used business tools as the digital marketing director. It may sound silly or subpar, but it's such a great investment and I can do juuuuuust about anything the other, more robust programs can, in a muchhhhhh more user-friendly interface. The learning curve is MUCH smaller.

Trying to avoid purchasing a much more expensive program, this is a fantastic solution. Most of my team, including those who are not as technologically inclined, can navigate this program to create marketing graphics that meet our standards.

PicMonkey review by Gina J.
Gina J.

"Picmonkey is fun and easy to use"

What do you like best?

I´ve used many design tools and software, and I can say without a doubt that Picmonkey is one of the best. What I like a lot is that I can get to choose from many templates, so that any type of design is easy to complete, because I only have to add my text and a few overlays. What I also like is that it´s very easy to add text and images by only clicking on the software left panel. It´s also great that I can save and download all of my work easily, with only the click of a button.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally, I can see ads at the bottom and right side of the screen; this can be quite frustrating because the designing space becomes smaller, and I like to have a fairly big work space so that I can work in harmony. It´s also frustrating that, in some occasions, I want to save a piece of work, and the software takes a long time to save the image, and even sometimes the browser stops working and I lose all of my work. This has happened only a few times, but it´s frustrating anyway.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Picmonkey might help you create amazing menus or any type of graphic design If you´re lazy and want to have templates ready, so that you only add text, then this is the software for you.

The first business problem I solved with Picmonkey was designing a logo and cover for my home business, because if I want to sell graphic designs, then my own designs have to be supérb. I often get asked where I learned to make such beautiful graphic illustrations, but I can´t say that I do all of this with the help of my best friend, Picmonkey,

PicMonkey review by Hugh C.
Hugh C.

"You can make awesome book and notebook covers with Picmonkey"

What do you like best?

Picmonkey is an incredible tool that has many uses: for example, I sell notebooks to earn a bit of extra money, and Picmonkey is the secret of my success, as it allows me to make amazing book covers: I just need to pick out a background image from the user panel, add-in some customizable text, then print out and paste the image created with Picmonkey on the notebook, and then I have an amazing book to help. What I like best of Picmonkey is that it´s extremely easy to use because the user panel lets me create quality image within seconds, by only choosing and clicking the most beautiful background or image.

What do you dislike?

I don´t like that there are a limited number of choices when it comes to overlays; I´d really like that the team in Picmonkey added more overlays so that users could have bigger and better choices for their designs. Also, it would be a plus if Picmonkey added a bigger and more diverse array of font styles so that we can pick out the ones that go better with what we´re designing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Picmonkey is a great tool you can use to create amazing designs in a breeze. However, I must warn all new users that now it isn´t possible to downloa the images you create with this tool, unless you pay a monthly subscription, and this sucks.

Picmonkey is the cornerstone for my job as home-made notebooks and book covers, because it lets me design beautiful and attractive images so that I can print them ouit and then paste them iover the notebooks in order to finish them and sell them. If Picmonkey didn´t exist, I wouldn´t have this easy and entertaining home job.

PicMonkey review by stefania v.
stefania v.

"Modify with a simple click"

What do you like best?

I love this product as it is one of the best photo editing programs around! As I was not an expert at the beginning, PicMonkey's user-friendly interface and accessibility allowed me to quickly learn how to edit my pictures and graphics with a click! Great template-features, that has a lot of great ideas, especially regarding business cards and invitation letters.

What do you dislike?

Within the 'editor' feature, I believe it would be better if the resize tool would make it easier to adapt to the desired size. A little pricey, but worth the cost if fully implemented ! I do suggest this product to all of the people who deal a lot with photo editing and imaging development.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You are super encourage to try PicMonkey out! It is one of the best products on the web, easy to access from everywhere you are and with any device! Try it out and you'll be amazed by how simply you can bring your design and style to an upper level!

I can now select form a huge variety of templates that make myself capable of creating so many different styles and enlarge my creative abilities.

PicMonkey review by Brittany W.
Brittany W.

"Excellent editor"

What do you like best?

I like that I can edit online, without having to download any software directly to my computer. I can log in and everything is saved to my profile, which allows me to move easily from one device to another. I love the amount of features, they continue to add them and they are perfect for what I need. I do like that I can include my own overlays and fonts in my projects, PicMonkey allow me to do so easily and quickly.

What do you dislike?

I think that the fees are a little more than some would like to pay, but you get what you pay for. I do think that they should have more options as far as subscriptions. I also think that they should include more in the basic package.

Recommendations to others considering the product

PicMonkey is a great software for those who are learning how to edit pictures or would just like a simpler software to use. Everything that you need is there and you still have the options to do more advanced work with the program.

I use PicMonkey to edit photographs for content, as well as thumbnails for videos. I find that it does exactly what I need it to do and is the easiest to use among photo editing software. I am able to have high quality images for my various projects, quickly and easily.

PicMonkey review by Jorge G.
Jorge G.

"THE PERFECT AND SIMPLE TOOL THAT WILL MAKE YOUR LIFE EASIER"

What do you like best?

Picmonkey is an amazing and simple designing tool that will help you create beautiful brochures or images for your folders, and even thumbnails for some of your YouTube videos (this is an amazing feature if you´re a YouTuber). One thing I like about Picmonkey is that you can choose among myriads of effects (like HD, black and white, etc.), overlays, shapes and even textures. I also really enjoy that I can add background images or templates with only a click or two. I´m really impressed by this tool, which is easy and fun to use, and it´s also free.

What do you dislike?

There´s something that is getting on my nerves right now: recently, Picmonkey is asking you to create a premium account so that you can download your images directly from the site. I used to love that, in the past, Picmonkey allowed userx to download all of their designs and images without having to pay for a monthly subscription. I think this has turned off and angered many of their previous users. It was nice when Picmonkey only locked premium features from free users, but allowed our designs to be saved and downloaded with ease, which was wonderful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Picmonkey, you disappointed me a bit when you stopped allowing free users to save and download their amazing designs, that was like a dream come true. My sweet suggestion for you is this: bring bacl that feature because users will love you more (love = more sales).

It´s really simple to answer this: I overcome my presentation obstacles with Picmonkey. I mean, if I want to sell a gig on Fiverr, I need to have a decent image that attracts clients, and Picmonkey allows me to do this with ease. Also, I can design beautiful presentation cards and even flyers with ease, with a little help of my friend, Picmonkey.

PicMonkey review by Carlota V.
Carlota V.

"Don´t buy a “how to create a thumbnail” course, better create it yourself with Picmonkey!!"

What do you like best?

Picmonkey is so amazing and easy to use that you can create a thumbnail for your YouTube or Vimeo video´s in just a couple minutes. It´s as simple as selecting a background color (or an image as background), clicking on the text option to add the title of your thumbnail, adding a few pre-made overlays (which Picmonkey offers free of charge!), spicing up your image by adding some of the special effects that Picmonkey has to offer (such as black and white or HD effects), and that is all! Your image is ready! I think it took me more time writing this review than creating a nice thumbnail with Picmonkey.

What do you dislike?

It would be really useful if Picmonkey offered a more sophisticated ruler so that the image you create is perfectly aligned with all of your overlays and text. After a lot time of thinking, this is the only issue I´ve found with this online tool, because this Picmonkey a true jewel among all the other free junk you´ll find out there.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The Picmonkey tool will be really helpful for you if you want to create funny or elegant images for videos, thumbnails or even posters. But I have to tell you that if you´re looking for a really sophisticated tool that will allow you to zoom-in and out in detail, add dozens of overlays and align every part of your design professionally, then it will be better if you find another professional tool.

I can create Thumbnails and intros for the videos I use for work in a short period of time: this is an important feature because if Picmonkey didn´t exist, then I´d have to waste time and money finding a professional graphic designer. However, as Picmonkey exists, I can create my own thumbnails and intros. This tool is so easy to use that ANYONE, even people that don´t know how to draw or design, can come up with beautiful and original images.

PicMonkey review by Dawn M.
Dawn M.

"An Efficient Cost Friendly Tool"

What do you like best?

I like that PicMonkey offers easier, straightforward photo editing. The tool allows you to edit photos and create a wide variety of designs without having too much of a learning curve. I like that the templates give a ton of inspiration when it comes to creating for a so many different platforms and their requirements.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that the background removal tool isn't very precise. It requires a lot more maneuvering to get a clean background removal. I usually have to use a completely different program to achieve what I need for this. It would also be really nice if the tool incorporated photos that could be inserted into the templates. If Canva and PicMonkey could have a baby, it would be the perfect tool!

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great tool, and even better for those who don't have the time to learn a new, intense program. It's even newbie friendly for someone who doesn't have much design experience.

I'm able to create images for our blog and social media platforms that are size friendly and stand out. The creation process is so easy that we're able do create content pretty quickly, which saves time and money. I've also been able to create more promotion pieces using the tools available with PicMonkey. Not having to learn the program and having templates that are there to aid in your image development is a huge time saver as well.

PicMonkey review by Caroline T.
Caroline T.

"Basic Photo Editor"

What do you like best?

I love that pic monkey is for desktop computers but it's simpler than photoshop. I was just looking for something basic and was annoyed using my phone. Picmonkey is great for basic edits and word overlay. I also loved that they gave a free version. Because I was only using it for a few images a month I didn't want to spend money on a product.

What do you dislike?

I guess it makes sense but the free version was really limiting. I wish there were more options without having to pay- everyone's dream though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend picmonkey if you are just getting into editing your photos and need some quick graphics. If we are looking for a higher quality maybe try the paid versions. It's way easier than photoshop and allows you to edit from your computer screen which is easier to view than your iphone.

I was able to take our social media to the next level with the way they allowed me to edit graphics.

PicMonkey review by User in Investment Management
User in Investment Management

"Edit and Enhance Photos without PhotoShop"

What do you like best?

An inexpensive and user-friendly way to edit and enhance photos, create social media posts, and be creative with your photography. The addition of templates and layers has been a big help and they keep adding to their already large library of fonts. I'm also a fan of their tutorials and blogs that show you how to use the features of the software.

What do you dislike?

There's a little bit of a learning curve when working with multiple text boxes and being able to go back and forth between text and overlays that are on top of each other. I have found it difficult at times to select the right overlay or text box when they overlap, but that has gotten a lot easier with recent updates and additions of layers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try out the free version to get an idea of how useful PicMonkey is. The premium version is an inexpensive annual fee but there are lots of features you can use for free that may meet most or all of your needs.

I use PicMonkey frequently to create social media banners, newsletter ads, event flyer and invitations, and enhance photos taken at events. It's the easiest way I have found to add text quickly to a stock photo.

PicMonkey review by Veronica B.
Veronica B.

"Earn a living on Fiverr by using Picmonkey"

What do you like best?

I can earn a living on fiverr by using Picmonkey! By only adding a canva color with its wonderful user panel, then adding a couple overlays with its editing tool, and finally writing some modern and cool text on top, I can create and deliver wonderful thumbnails, brochures and kindle book covers to buyers in Fiverr. As picmonkey is ridiculously easy-to-use interface, I´m sure anyone can learn to do this in less than an hour. I didn´t mention the best part: this online service is completely free.

What do you dislike?

I don´t really like that Picmonkey doesn´t offer templates ready to be used. Moreover, I think that a big name like Picmonkey should offer an automatic ruler that aligns text on the canava to any image that is already there. Nonetheless, if I take into account the fact that this online service is FREE, then I don´t think I have any complaint.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Come on guys, try to offer ready-to.use templates so that we users can have more variety and ideas when we try to create a design. To be honest, I think that your online service is really, really good (as it has turned my working life around), so it would be a grade plus to have templates available.

Basically, I can solve all my day-to-day freelance job needs when I use Picmonkey: I can create the designs my buyers want from scratch in less than an hour, I can touch up existing or new designs in order to make them look a lot better.

PicMonkey review by Alberto N.
Alberto N.

"With the help of Picmonkey, only the sky will be the limit for your graphic design needs"

What do you like best?

Its simple interface is really easy to use, as you can add text, images, colors, overlays and special effects with just one click. It covers all of my graphic design needs, as it allows me to créate gorgeous designs for stickers for my shoes, my car and my room. I can also create and design all kinds of party invitations for my friends and family, ranging from kids parties to adult meetings. Even if you´re a completely newbie, you´ll be able to come up with a funny or elegant design in a few minutes. I forgot to state that the best part is that Picmonkey is free.

What do you dislike?

Picmonkey clutters the bottom and right sides of your screen with bigger ads. This way, your workspace is reduced around 30%. A few years ago, Picmonkey was ad-free, but as time went on, they started throwing small ads (which I understand), but nowadays, they´re placing bigger ads. As this online software is free, I don´t really care about those ads, but they can be annoying at times. All in all, I think that Picmonkey is a great, and quick tool for creative designers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Guys, you´re doing an excellent job, because Picmonkey is one of the best software for graphic design available out there. However, it would be great if you would limit the ads you place to only the right side or the bottom of the screen (and not both, as it clutters the user´s screen). Besides this, I think that Picmonkey rocks!

For me, I can solve most of my daily business (and college) design problems, for example:

1. It helps me create quick invitations for business meetings (and college meetings too!)

2. It helps me create elegant designs for my job folders and my college notebooks

3. It helps me create wonderful covers for my work covers and memos.

4. I can create and sell cover images for Fiverr users.

PicMonkey review by Sarah M.
Sarah M.

"Very user friendly "

What do you like best?

A cost-effective and straightforward method to edit and enhance photos, produce social media sites posts, and also be imaginative with your photography. The enhancement of design templates as well as layers has been a large help and they keep adding to their currently big collection of fonts. I'm additionally a follower of their tutorials and blogs that reveal you how to utilize the features of the software application.

What do you dislike?

There's a bit of a knowing contour when collaborating with multiple message boxes and also being able to go back and forth between message as well as overlays that are on top of each other.

I make use of PicMonkey often to develop social media banners, e-newsletter advertisements, occasion flyer as well as invitations, and improve pictures taken at events. It's the simplest method I have actually discovered to add message promptly to a supply picture.

PicMonkey review by Solo L.
Solo L.

"Create Stunning Designs in a fraction of the time, like for real. "

What do you like best?

Very easy to use, and the photo touch-up tools are great. I also like the collage features. In my opinion, it's by far the most user-friendly photo editor I have found. Offers a large range of design tools. Uploads and keeps several pictures without a monthly fee!!

What do you dislike?

Sure that in time they will fix/add more but for now I'll have to say that some of the con's to PicMonkey is that it lacks a lot of features that others design and picture editing software has. There's a limit to what you can do and achieve.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try. there is nothing to lose, only to gain fellas

With the templates and photo editing tools of PicMonkey, I have been able to create incredible content for my social networks, free of charge and easy to use.

PicMonkey review by Kelli D.
Kelli D.

"Best Photo Editing Site on the Web"

What do you like best?

PicMonkey has features most photo apps or sites do not. It's super intuitive and an excellent alternative for someone who does not know or have the time to learn Photoshop. There are a number of filters, fonts, and other affects that drastically improves the quality of your photos.

What do you dislike?

The hub allows you to save the edits for a certain number of pictures and documents but it is somewhat limited. It would be nice if the capacity in the hub were larger.

Sometimes the edits are slow if you are working with a big file and the site can freeze.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't bother with the free account. As soon as you start editing photos, you'll want to use the premium features.

Quick and easy photo editing.

PicMonkey review by elia m.
elia m.

"When software is fun"

What do you like best?

What I like most about Picmonkeyes that can be given multiple uses. Commercial, work and fun. I think it's a super friendly interface, it's very easy to use. Any type of design made with your templates is easy to do

What do you dislike?

It has a limited number of editions. They should have more variety of sources. And the theme of the ads, which occupy much of the work screen. And if the version that is being used is free, you can not download the final edition of the image. Only if the subscription version is used

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is very useful and easy to use. They can create posters, cards. Funny images. It is best to use it by subscription in order to have all the available tools

Design my presentation cards in the. I create images or posters. It is a great help and excellent support for editing

PicMonkey review by Saumirah M.
Saumirah M.

"PicMonkey Review"

What do you like best?

I like that PicMonkey offers a variety of editing options, both pre-made templates and original features that can be combined, to create very professional graphics.

What do you dislike?

I'm not sure if there is anything I dislike about PicMonkey.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give PicMonkey a try if you are interested in creating very professional-looking images and graphics with complete ease! PicMonkey is user-friendly, easy to use, and helps make your creations look wonderful.

PicMonkey helps me to create graphics for social media or edit photos that I use for marketing my small business. There are a variety of colors, templates, photo edits, text, etc. that can be used in various ways. I believe that PicMonkey aids in creating a professional image for my brand.

PicMonkey review by Kristin P.
Kristin P.

"Editing with PicMonkey"

What do you like best?

I love the different photo filter and editing options on PicMonkey. It can be so hard to find a reasonably priced photo editing program, but PicMonkey fits the bill. I can quickly edit lighting, color, size with the touch of a button. I can also do more in depth edits to create the perfect image. Add in the fact that it's all online, and it makes it even better since I can access my creations from any computer.

What do you dislike?

There aren't many things that I dislike. With all of the different templates and editing options, it would be nice to be able to have a search function or a way to mark certain templates as favorites. This would help save time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you work with photos, it is a great program to have. You can save your photo edits online or you can download them to your computer, whichever you prefer. It's easy to use and there are many options available for your editing needs.

I have used PicMonkey to edit photos for my freelance writing business. It's important to have an image with a blog post, so I use PicMonkey to ensure that my photos are high quality and the right size.

PicMonkey review by Bridget B.
Bridget B.

"Photo editing for dummies!"

What do you like best?

Photo editing made super user-friendly! Easy to follow instructions. Helpful and simple interface and design. Love that I can save in the Hub now.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were more click-and-snap templates. I wish I could save branding elements. I wish I could center items or align them automatically. I wish I could re-size with ease. Wish the mobile app worked like the desktop version. I wish there were more simple options for using templates. I wish I could create an email HTML code for newsletters.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is the easiest to use photo editing software. Robust options and very professional results! I love using it for editing headshots. We also use it for all our online campaigns - social, web, email and PPC/SEO.

We use it for 99% of our photo editing needs. No longer necessary to learn photoshop! It's great for basic and advanced edits - and the improve options all the time, especially seasonally.

PicMonkey review by User

"Useful for editing and creating designs online, although no longer free"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that you can edit your pictures or create a design anywhere, without needing to download a program. It is very intuitive and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

I find it too expensive for the service they offer. If you are a professional graphic designer, this tool will probably not be enough, and yet it is too pricey for an amateur use.

I also recently had an unpleasant experience with a charge for this app. I requested a free trial period and used Picmonkey only once. Then, some time afterwards, I got charged 66 euros to my credit card without any notice, which was much more than a monthly fee and was not the price for an annual subscription either (I still don't know what this charge was).

Thankfully, I contacted my bank and managed to get my money back some weeks later, but still, it was an unpleasant experience, and customer support was extremely difficult to reach (no phone number and almost no contact info on their website, and they took a long while to answer my many, many emails...). It felt like a total ripoff.

Recommendations to others considering the product

BE CAREFUL with the free trial period as you can be charged without notice once the period ends and their policy does NOT include reimbursements. This happened to me and I was only able to get my money back after getting help from my bank.

The main benefit I see is that you can edit photos online and it is very easy to use. There are many templates, illustrations and different funky fonts to choose from.

PicMonkey review by Jessica P.
Jessica P.

"Great Software for Beginners"

What do you like best?

Very easy to use and learn. I am not a graphic designer nor do I code. This application is one that allows me to make graphics in a simple format that is easy to understand.

What do you dislike?

Limited capabilities. There are a lot of things I wish I could do that are not possible with this application. For example, adding boarders to images, being able to crop an image you add to a graphic, cutting something out of a background, and having a grid to ensure you are putting things in the right place are a few items I with they could add.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Hopefully they will continue to update the product and add more features, but I am still waiting for this to happen. They often add more stickers, backgrounds, and fonts, but really looking for more intuitive features that will allow me to make graphics faster.

This application allows me to make custom graphics for my clients and other marketing materials.

PicMonkey review by Kimberly B.
Kimberly B.

"Easy and attractive photo editing, enhancement, and graphic design"

What do you like best?

PicMonkey is a low-price online photo and design software that allows simple edits, touch-ups, and a variety of attractive filters and text options. They have recently added templates for graphic design pieces customized for print and social media. You can add your own photos and customize the text for quick and easy but professional-looking graphics. The text feature has a wide variety of standard and creative fonts.

What do you dislike?

For those used to using Photoshop, the editing functionality is limited, but that is to be expected. I miss History brush the most.

I primarily use Picmonkey to create professional-looking, attractive designs for social media posts or ads.

PicMonkey review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Recent improvements make this worthwhile!"

What do you like best?

I really like that I can easily create layered graphics for use on social media, websites, and more. I use this feature more than anything else because I don't want to learn Adobe Illustrator or any of the more complicated programs but I still want to create graphics that look terrific - and these certainly do!

What do you dislike?

I wish that PicMonkey contained a feature for removing things from a photo.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't be scared off by the subscription fee. I've been using PicMonkey for several years. I started out as a subscriber, but dropped my subscription for a while because I found other photo editors that could do what I needed for free - until PicMonkey added the feature that allows me to create many-layered graphics easily - and then I resubscribed. PicMonkey has made many improvements over the years I've used it - and that signals that they are interested in continuing to provide a quality service and improve on it. PicMonkey is well worth the $50 per year, but if you aren't convinced - try out the free trial and see for yourself.

I use PicMonkey to edit photos for social media and websites. Sometimes the edits are simple - like adjusting the color or cropping size - but sometimes I create complicated graphics with several layers. I have been able to easily create complex graphics by myself without needing to learn AI or some other complex program - and I haven't had to rely on someone else (e.g., paid freelance designer) to do it for me.

PicMonkey review by Michelle M.
Michelle M.

"PicMonkey makes graphic design easy but has one major drawback"

What do you like best?

PicMonkey is a powerful tool for creating graphics. My favorite features are the ability to use the fonts on your computer to create text overlays. This makes it easy to have the graphics you created to match your brand. The resizing and cropping features are a breeze to use. If I need to simply resize or crop a picture, PicMonkey is my go-to tool.

I also love the retouching features that they have available. If I need to get rid of red eye or lighten a picture a bit, PicMonkey makes retouching easy.

What do you dislike?

My biggest complaint is that I wish you could save designs. Once you close out of the tab, your design is gone forever. PicMoneky's competitor Canva, let's you save your design. Which makes it easy to make changes later or use that design as a template for others you need to create.

That feature is why I tend to use Canva more these days to create blog graphics, Instagram posts, Facebook ads, and any other graphics for my business. PicMonkey is great for one time only graphic designs but if you need to create graphics regularly, Canva is the way to go.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need to create reusable templates, I would go with Canva.

If you're looking for an alternative to photoshop because you don't need all the bells and whistles, go with PicMonkey.

Visuals are so important when you're running an online business. I'm constantly creating visuals for my blog, podcast, and video blog. PicMonkey makes it easy to create those visuals. It helps my work stand out more.

PicMonkey review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"My go to Photo Editor "

What do you like best?

I love how Pic monkey is online, so it accessible no matter what computer I use, unlike other photo editors where you have to download the software on one computer. There are so many different options for making promotional artwork for our non profit, or using it for personal use, like making Christmas Cards. I love the hub where you can save projects to work on later.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the windows that pop up for the different layers can get annoying because they are right there where the picture is. It would be great if the windows could somehow be incorporated into a menu bar, similar to adobe photoshop or the like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely get the premium- its worth the money to save the projects to come back to later .

I can make pictures easily for our facebook page, with our customized text and save in hub to use later.

PicMonkey review by Nat L.
Nat L.

"Despite initial learning curve, I often use Picmonkey for creative marketing designs."

What do you like best?

This may sound minuscule, but the eraser and painter tool that can be used with images are unbeatable! I love using them to make words on images pop. I also love that the sizing templates are spot on.

What do you dislike?

Picmonkey is not always user friendly. I find that myself and a lot of my coaches struggle to learn how to use it initially. We watch YouTube tutorials.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I definitely recommend checking out PicMonkey if you create a lot of your own graphics or images for marketing. The paid version seems a little pricey, but you can do a lot of what you need with the free version. I LOVE the fonts that it allows with the free version.

It lets me create beautiful, perfectly sized images for social media, such as banner photos for YouTube or cover photos for Facebook. After I download the images, the quality is extremely high resolution, which I do not find on Canva.

PicMonkey review by Soumi B.
Soumi B.

"Like for online editting"

What do you like best?

We have competitor, but reliable for very basic tweaks in any photograph, positive that it is online, handy when you do not have other licensed software to edit or enhance photos. I like the feature to use filters and play with light modes. Like the feature to have the access to choose the size the photo can be saved. Very useful if the file size needs to be reduced and saved with some basic changes, it provides instagram like filters

What do you dislike?

Mostly all the filters paid now that i do not like and do not have free access. Need to create account even to access the portal, with account you can use few basic filters and the fancy filters are paid or premium.

Features like slimming and other targeted face editing are all paid now. If the file size is big the software can not keep the resolution intact, it reduces to be uploaded to the site for editing

I only use it when I need to make some quick changes, but for online photo editing I use Fotor, Picmonkey, Picnik (no longer active), Google photos, I am using other professional licensed softwares to do the job.

PicMonkey review by Carolyn A.
Carolyn A.

"PicMonkey is easy-to-use"

What do you like best?

I'm a total novice when it comes to Photoshop, so a tool like PicMonkey helps me immensely. The feature I use it for the most is a collage. Even the collage tool is highly customizeable with everything from rounded edges to transparent backgrounds.

What do you dislike?

I never know what will make it crash. Since it's browser and internet-dependent, it's not as easy to save work and progress.That said, crashing does not happen frequently.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's affordable enough to try even if you're unsure or are trying multiple tools.

I can quickly create graphics and edit photos. I publish a lot of content and sometimes I just need a quick alteration to an existing photo to help me with a story.

PicMonkey review by User

"Picmonkey is your best friend to create and edit images online, I love it and i'm sure you will too"

What do you like best?

It is a very effective online tool that allows you to edit and create incredible visual content. It has a friendly interface, is very easy to use and its learning curve is really short. Picmonkey offers a large number of tools for editing and photo retouching, it also has a section of filters and effects for photographs. Another of its advantages is that it allows you to add text and graphic elements to the images simply by clicking and dragged to the place of your preference

What do you dislike?

Of course it's not the most professional way to edit photos but it's okay for every day use or for having fun and experimenting with personal account photos.

If there's anything to complain about, it's the monthly subscription fee. The software is great and they keep improving it!

Creating images with the right effect has become way easier! All you have to do is click on which effect you like, and you have the option to choose the percentage of the effect that you want on your images.

Learning about PicMonkey?

* We monitor all PicMonkey reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.