Pilot

Pilot

4.9

Pilot takes care of your bookkeeping from start to finish so you can focus 100% on making your business succeed.

Work for Pilot?

Learning about Pilot?

Pilot Reviews

Ask Pilot a Question
Showing 29 Pilot reviews
Pilot review by Ben B.
Ben B.

"Low-touch and comprehensive bookkeeping"

What do you like best?

We don't even have to think about bookkeeping. As a founder, I (A) didn't know what to do and (B) didn't have bandwidth to even think about it. We used Pilot and it simply took all of those responsibilities off my plate. On occasion I'll get a straight to the point email from our account manager that asks me to clarify some transactions. Onboarding took 10 minutes, so my total interaction with Pilot is about 3 minutes per month responding to these emails... which is pretty ideal.

What do you dislike?

I so rarely think about our books because I rarely interact with them. This isn't really Pilot's fault - I could just open Quickbooks - and they send me monthly spreadsheet reports. But there's definitely an "out of sight, out of mind" experience.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want full service bookkeeping, Pilot handles it for you. The team is incredibly professional and efficient. All of my questions are answered promptly, and my on-boarding experience was great. If you don't have a tax accountant, bookkeeping software, payroll software, or other parts of your stack set up, that's actually even better because they can recommend a stack that works nicely with Pilot, as they did for us.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Pilot
Pilot review by Stefi P.
Stefi P.

"Super easy, professional, thorough! "

What do you like best?

The peace of mind, and ease of working with them. I met their CEO at a conference for office-tending folk, and he had a deck ready to give "Finance 101" talks to those of us that wanted the basics. He's competent and kind, and has also hired great folks to work with him. They introduced us to a tax preparer, and send us "heads up" notices via email to make sure we're on track with compliance for things that I wouldn't otherwise even be aware of.

Pilot also integrates with Gusto, which is convenient.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything negative to say. We love Pilot!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't poke around and ask everyone their opinion on who you should have do your books for your startup, just go with Pilot-- you'll be glad you did!

What Bookkeeping Services solution do you use?

Pilot review by 📈Benjamin B.
📈Benjamin B.

"Quality Book Keeping Without Being Trapped - No Brainer"

What do you like best?

I really love how Pilot uses QuickBooks because that is what I was already using. Unlike other companies (like Bench) that require you to use their custom software so you can never leave.

I like how they focus on getting the service right so I want to stay instead of getting me on their software where it would be very painful to leave.

Also the team is very responsive through email.

What do you dislike?

No real big complaints they are super responsive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For small teams who do not want to hire people to manage their books Pilot is a great option.

Pilot review by Andrew M.
Andrew M.

"The most important partner for any new business"

What do you like best?

Pilot is easy to use - I don't have to request our monthly summary, it just shows up in my inbox. It's always accurate. I've also asked for a few custom things that they've quickly adhered to. I fee like they really get the customer and live to serve me.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, nothing. It's simple and easy to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a no brainer. You need to know what's going on with your businesses finances. Spend zero time balancing credits and debits and spend all of your time making decisions based off the info.

Pilot review by Ankur G.
Ankur G.

"Pilot is an incredible ally for any new startup"

What do you like best?

The team iterates quickly, overdelivers, and is incredibly responsive when you have questions. The product "just works" and requires almost no overhead (asides from occasional clarification questions) to maintain. It's an easy and obvious way to stay on top of finances, even as an early startup.

What do you dislike?

Honestly I haven't run across any issues worth pointing out. Every once in a while something is misclassified, but they're on par or better than accountants I've worked with before.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're a startup and have any confusion about your books, you should give them a try.

Pilot review by Stefan S.
Stefan S.

"Easiest bookkeeping service"

What do you like best?

Love that they're always working on everything in the background & have status updates ready for us whenever needed. The structure of having an account manager specifically for our books is very helpful.

What do you dislike?

Nothing - Pricing structure is great, service is great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want a simple way to not have to worry about your books, Pilot is probably the best service for you - especially if you're a fast moving startup as most of their customers are.

Pilot review by Jordan H.
Jordan H.

"We welcome our robot underlords"

What do you like best?

Setup was painless. They tailor made a chart of accounts to suit our business. Each month they send us a note with a report letting us know they've closed the prior month and include summary information that is bespoke to our business. Best of all: the price is far less than hiring our own accounting firm.

What do you dislike?

If we want to have classification happen more frequently or sooner in the month, we'd have to pay more. That's the only complaint we've got.

Pilot review by Ivo P.
Ivo P.

"Smart team, dependable service, reasonable cost"

What do you like best?

- Problems are rare and get addressed very quickly

- Communication is prompt, to the point

- Very smart team

- Very dependable - I don't have to double check everything. They are automating everything that can be automated and human errors are reduced to a minimum

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike to be honest. They rock

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a startup looking for a straightforward, dependable bookkeeper who speaks your language and gets what you need - just do this.

Pilot review by Paul A.
Paul A.

"The best option for startup bookkeeping"

What do you like best?

I don't have to worry at all about our books, they can go from Pilot straight to our investors without needing any modification from me.

What do you dislike?

Pilot hasn't given me a reason to dislike anything. I had a question once on their pricing strategy, and they actually took the time to explain their thinking, which turned out to take some things I hadn't thought of into account.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Support via email is always very responsive.

Pilot review by bethanye M.
bethanye M.

"Easy on-boarding, good support, consistent experience"

What do you like best?

I like that the service is very consistent — not just the tech, but the humans who answer my questions when they come up. They are keeping customer quality up even as they scale.

What do you dislike?

I wish they had something to help with AP/AR as well... though I understand why they don't, and they gave me some good pointers on how I could solve those needs.

Pilot review by Makinde A.
Makinde A.

"Pilot took a huge burden off of our shoulders"

What do you like best?

The wide range of financial topics that they'll lend advice on.

What do you dislike?

I can't really think of anything. My job would be so much more tedious and painful if it were not for Pilot.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're a small business, this is a perfect service. Let someone else handle the books and spend your time building your company.

Pilot review by Vladimir N.
Vladimir N.

"Pilot wears the CFO hat so I don't have to"

What do you like best?

I like the customer support that's there when we need it and hands-off when everything works smoothly on its own.

What do you dislike?

Pilot wasn't integrated with all of our vendors on Day 1, but they are adding more integrations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Pilot is great for startups and integrates with most of the other modern tech solutions out there (payroll, billing, etc.)

Pilot review by Trevor S.
Trevor S.

"Unmatched Service! Amazing!"

What do you like best?

They keep it personal. That’s so important to me. No robots, just humans.

What do you dislike?

Nothing that I can think of yet. All needs have been met, and any bottlenecks in the process were never met with “sorry, we can’t do that”, but rather only a team effort to figure out a remedy.

Love it.

Pilot review by Alec R.
Alec R.

"Pilot is _such_ a competent crew and a delight to work with…"

What do you like best?

Extremely responsive, individualized support.

What do you dislike?

I really can't come up with a single thing…There are plenty of features I'd like, but nothing to dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just sit down with them and talk through what you're looking to do; they're incredibly responsive and competent and that interaction'll do more to convince you than anything else…

Pilot review by Chris T.
Chris T.

"Gets all the bookkeeping right so you can focus on your business!"

What do you like best?

Exceptional customer service, clarity, explaining things. Patience with me, a non-accounting founder. Transparent pricing, great coordination with other accounting and tax-related partners/service providers.

What do you dislike?

Could be a bit more proactive explaining the WHY behind some decisions. Obviously not a replacement for proper tax planning counsel.

Pilot review by Raymond L.
Raymond L.

"Great to not have to worry about bookkeeping!"

What do you like best?

I don't have to worry about anything, and it's always done timely and accurately. Also, customer service is excellent.

What do you dislike?

Don't really have much that we dislike. But wish Pilot will take care of other back office / accounting related processes like tax filing.

Pilot review by Anurag G.
Anurag G.

"Pilot allows me to spend almost no time on accounting/bookkeeping."

What do you like best?

Pilot assigns a person to manage your account. This level of personalized support is invaluable.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything to dislike about them. They work hard to make their users happy and it shows.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Fire your bookkeeper and use Pilot.

Pilot review by Deepak J.
Deepak J.

"Pilot is the best!"

What do you like best?

1 .Simplicity

2. Low cost

3. The team is very attentive to categorization and rules through software

4. Low-touch

What do you dislike?

Nothing! It's great :). Pilot is awesome, no complaints.

Recommendations to others considering the product

100% recommended! For early stage startups with simple finances, it's a no-brainer!

Pilot review by G2 Crowd User in Computer Software
G2 Crowd User in Computer Software

"Amazing experience"

What do you like best?

I love how much time they save. As an entrepreneur, my least favorite part of my work is doing the paperwork to keep our books accurate and our company compliant, and Pilot helps a huge amount in minimizing that.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, I don't have any major complaints about the service. It'd be nice if it cost less, because it's always nice to pay less, but I feel good about the value we're getting for what we're paying.

Pilot review by Lauren D.
Lauren D.

"Pilot is great!"

What do you like best?

Pilot is a super light lift for busy teams and I trust them to do a great job

What do you dislike?

Really nothing, they've done a great job

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely check them out - they have been wonderful!

Pilot review by Christopher S.
Christopher S.

"When you thought bookkeeping couldn't get any better..."

What do you like best?

Blazing fast and clear responses to inquiries.

What do you dislike?

None whatsoever - from onboarding to day to day interactions, it's a pleasure working with Pilot.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look no further - choose Pilot.

Pilot review by Brett P.
Brett P.

"Awesome for founders who want to focus on building the business"

What do you like best?

Incredible customer support. Transparent pricing. Total flexibility. Great coordination.

What do you dislike?

Could explain the “why” a but more proactively sometimes. Not a replacement for proper accounting strategy or tax planning.

Pilot review by Sai Prashanth S.
Sai Prashanth S.

"Best hands-free bookkeeping service"

What do you like best?

Super responsive, helpful and handle almost all the grunt work behind-the-scenes.

What do you dislike?

Not much really. They do what they say they do.

Pilot review by Siqi M.
Siqi M.

"Game changer for bookkeeping "

What do you like best?

Highly personal but also error free. We love it a lot!

What do you dislike?

Nothing. We have been very happy with the service.

Pilot review by Mohit G.
Mohit G.

"Great product for early/mid stage company."

What do you like best?

Automated monthly reports with all the details.

What do you dislike?

Not many that I have found at this stage.

Pilot review by Stavros P.
Stavros P.

"Excellent bookkeeping service!"

What do you like best?

The quality of service and responsiveness.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really. So far we have been very happy.

Pilot review by G2 Crowd User in Computer Software
G2 Crowd User in Computer Software

"Became a Pilot customer, haven't thought about bookkeeping since"

What do you like best?

I don't have to think about bookkeeping. Once a month I get an email asking 3-4 clarifying questions, then I get a report. Everything is updated in Quickbooks. It's pretty awesome.

What do you dislike?

Not much not to like. The product and service is fantastic, cost reasonable. I'm very satisfied.

Pilot review by G2 Crowd User
G2 Crowd User

"Books done fast and without much work from our side"

What do you like best?

Getting set up on Pilot is easy and they don't need much input from us to do our books. It's quick and easy.

What do you dislike?

One improvement would be to have the books done early next month instead of on the 15th of the next month.

Pilot review by G2 Crowd User
G2 Crowd User

"High-tech bookkeeping done right"

What do you like best?

The only bookkeeping service that understands technology and insists on doing it right.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to complain about. They are really great.

Learning about Pilot?

* We monitor all Pilot reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.