Pin Payments

4.8
(21 reviews)

Pin Payments provides your business with a platform for accepting payments online.

Work for Pin Payments?

Learning about Pin Payments?

Pin Payments Reviews

Ask Pin Payments a Question
Showing 21 Pin Payments reviews
Pin Payments review by Patrick S.
Patrick S.

"A Must For International Business w/ Outstanding Customer Service"

What do you like best?

I needed a solution to be able to charge credit cards from around the world, at any time. I was taking credit card numbers over the phone and setting this up while abroad was a nightmare. Then I found Pin. Good pricing, simple interface, and the customer service is really that good.

Also, I wanted a solution that would never penalize my customer for using international cards. This was important.

What do you dislike?

It would be good to see more features added to the interface. it would be nice to be able to set up a series of charges to a particular card, and forget about it. Sometimes my customer might want to break a payment up into 2 or 3 payments, or monthly etc. Having these charges automatically taken care of would be awesome.

Recommendations to others considering the product

An excellent, lightweight, solid product that does exactly what it says - with a customer service team who pre-empt further questions and provide answers before they are even asked.

Having people pay in advance means that there is no more chasing money - ever. Depending on what country the money is coming from the time for transfers to land may take between 3-7 days total, but this is much better than dealing with wire transfers, etc.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Pin Payments
Pin Payments review by Jeffrey K.
Jeffrey K.

"Comprehensive API"

What do you like best?

Being able to onboard new clients easily without requiring them to first apply for a merchant account with a bank. They can apply for a Pin account in minutes and I can have their website up and running and accepting credit card payments quickly.

What do you dislike?

Most of my clients do not require the address of their customers so the website doesn't ask for this extra information. Unfortunately this means they have to contact Pin Payments directly to have the validation relaxed to allow credit card payments without address information.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try

Allowing multiple clients, mostly non-profits, to accept credit card payments via my websites. Using Pin Payments has removed a large barrier to entry for the smaller groups who previously would have relied on cash receipts.

What Payment Gateway solution do you use?

Pin Payments review by Duncan M.
Duncan M.

"Thoroughly satisfied for over three years"

What do you like best?

I love that I don't have to use PayPal! Automatic payout to my bank, ok fees, good support.

What do you dislike?

I wish they had a payment device, but that's just quibbling, given how expensive that would be for them to develop/provide.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's nice to see an Australian company in the online payments space, with a clearly presented product that works well. Pin Payments accepts American Express now as well, which means that for the moment, it covers all major card types in Australia without differentiated fee structures. I've found customer service and technical support to be responsive and open.

Online payments for customers, without the hassle of a merchant gateway, etc. Simple, low cost for a modest volume of transactions compared to most other providers.

Pin Payments review by Hanna B.
Hanna B.

"Fantastic product, amazing service, keeps getting better"

What do you like best?

I have been thrilled with pinpayments since moving over from accepting cc via paypal. Their rates were good, ease of use was much better, and their offering was just what we needed for our company. Their service is simply amazing, and I was so pleased when they recently updated their offerings to a) link with xero and b) automatically add cc fees without me having to calculate and add. I highly recommend this company to anyone looking for an easy, low cost, pay as you use, cc platform. Thank you!

What do you dislike?

I haven't disliked anything about pinpayments. It has improved as it gets older and more developed. I can now send forms over the internet, and customers can pay direct from xero generated invoice. These are great features making my life easier.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it.

We used Pin Payments to accept credit card, for our customers that wish to pay this way. The benefits are pleasing customers who really want to pay via cc, and getting paid sooner in some cases.

Pin Payments review by William L.
William L.

"PIN payments for Sole Traders / consultants "

What do you like best?

I use Paypal and PIN payments for international and some domestic sales payments. I have used PIN payments for over a year and found it an excellent method of receiving payments as I can process chargers in the field or in the Hotel using my phone or laptop all over the world as long as I have the internet. Many of my clients prefer credit card payments than paypal or bank transfer so pin payments is great. With the option of having the processing fee charged in a payment link is also helping with my charge costs. From an event in Belgium, France , UK to one in Australia or US I can get that sale and payment with minimum of fuss and cost. My clients love as well.

What do you dislike?

not being able to add processing fee to a charge now option and having no card reader.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your a sole trader, or small business its great for those on the road chargers

Not having to deal with Mastercard or visa Direct. Payments processed into my account in 3-4 days

Pin Payments review by Adrienne H.
Adrienne H.

"PIN Payments provides a reliable and secure way for clients to pay on-line"

What do you like best?

My experience using PIN Payments has been excellent. My clients simply click-through from the link on their invoice and can choose to pay by credit card. The option of having the client pay the transaction fee is a great alternative to having to absorb the cost into my overheads.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing to dislike about PIN Payments!

For sure, adding the transaction fee to the client payment is important, and having the option of taking card payments (in addition to direct deposit), encourages clients to pay on time.

Pin Payments review by Graeme B.
Graeme B.

"Full featured and reliable payment gateway service - easy integration"

What do you like best?

I've developed a number of payment transaction sites but working with Pin Payments was extremely easy and provided all the functionality we need. In particular support for multiple currencies and low transaction fees.

What do you dislike?

Pin Payments initially only had some features we needed in Beta but they supported well and no problems.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ease of use integrating and support is good.

Monthly and yearly subscriptions for a SaaS (Software as a Service) business. They benefits were the ease of setup, integration and ongoing costs.

Pin Payments review by Ron P.
Ron P.

"Big solution for a small business"

What do you like best?

They're local. You can talk to real people. They were readily, available and willing to answer my questions when I needed.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing I actually dislike. Admittedly, I am not a hugely demanding customer.

I have customers who pay by credit card. Not a lot, but they need me to have a credit card facility. So, it's critical for sales. No credit card facility - no sale.

It's also great to avoid the huge hassle of US financial governance rules being applied to Australia. Have you been grilled by PayPal? And they won't give you your money until they have everything including trust details and so on. I don't have time for this.

Pin Payments review by Kathy W.
Kathy W.

"Pin Payment Review"

What do you like best?

The flexibility of being able to customise to each customer we have.

What do you dislike?

The way we use it works for our company. I am sure that we don't take advantage of all the features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We use Pin Payment as we could not get a merchant account for credit card payments. This was the easiest way we could accept credit payments for our customers who pay on invoice. It will be great when they expand internationally.

It solves a massive issue in not being able to get a merchant account with a bank. and in the end it using pin payment was cheaper, easier and flexible.

Pin Payments review by Steve C.
Steve C.

"An affordable online payment system"

What do you like best?

Links can be quickly generated that can be embedded in web pages making it easy for the customer to pay. You then receive an instant notification of the payment plus there is an easy to access list of all payments made which eliminated confusion as to who has paid and when.

What do you dislike?

There are no negatives I can identify at this stage.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Pin Payments is ideal for small businesses wanting an affordable online payment system

Previously, payments were made by cheque and EFT which created a lot of work when reconciling payments from two different systems. Pin Payments eliminates this extra work.

Pin Payments review by Josh B.
Josh B.

"Easy card payments, easy to set up."

What do you like best?

The set up process was no fuss and didn't take long at all.

What do you dislike?

The clearance time is a little slow, one payment took around 4 days after payment to turn up in my account.

Taking credit card payments without having to use PayPal and no merchant fees.

Pin Payments review by Fofe V.
Fofe V.

"Superior customer service from an Australian-owned & operated company"

What do you like best?

Excellent customer service and features that suit my businesses from an Australian provider.

What do you dislike?

It does not yet have the ability to accept other payment types, but for credit cards, it is perfect.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You will not regret the switch.

The ability to accept payments online or on the go.

Pin Payments review by Kelly S.
Kelly S.

"Realy happy with Pin"

What do you like best?

Simple to use, low fee's and no physical facility required to be purchased. Staff are also really friendly and quick to reply when I have asked a question. Lastly, love that they are a local business!

What do you dislike?

Would be good if monthly statements were saved in my account for easy reference

Clients all want to pay by credit card

Pin Payments review by Emmanuel H.
Emmanuel H.

"Excellent service and product, Australia based!"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that Pin Payment is based in Australia. Definitely a pro in my books. Also love the ability to capture and tokenize payment details. 2fa for the login.

What do you dislike?

Nothing that I particularly dislike about Pin Payments.

Pin Payments provides an online payment gateway for my website. I regularly recommend Pin Payments to clients.

Pin Payments review by User in Financial Services

"Using the Charges and Transfer tabs on Pin Payment dashboard"

What do you like best?

I find the dashboard really easy to navigate and is simple to use.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes when I am searching a customers name the search result lists names similar to that name and the name I am looking for doesn't always appear first, its further down the list. Apart from that I enjoy using the dashboard and am on there for hours a day.

Pin payments is our service provider for our customers paying both in and out of our account. We can see the various card alerts immediately so we can act accordingly.

Pin Payments review by Peter M.
Peter M.

"Excellent Service - Like A Breath Of Fresh Air - Being Able To Speak To A Real Person"

What do you like best?

Very helpful, personable & quick to provide assistance

Restful API's - very good documentation

Verification of card holders to avoid chagebacks

What do you dislike?

No API for Verification of card holders to avoid chagebacks. However, we are advised that this is coming soon.

Ability to take payments with confidence online.

Pin Payments review by Jake D.
Jake D.

"Excellent support, detailed documentation and strong feature set"

What do you like best?

- Local Australian Support

- Detailed Development Documentation

- Pay-in and Pay-out Functionality

- Competitive Rates

What do you dislike?

Brand not as strong as PayPal or Stripe however a strong presence in Australia.

Integrated payment gateway that handles both Pay-In and Pay-Out.

Pin Payments review by Steven Z.
Steven Z.

"Great add-on to any business seeking to receipt online payments and subscriptions."

What do you like best?

simplicity and service offered, personalised service and accommodating

What do you dislike?

delay in transfer of funds to your account, however, this was resolved and a satisfactory result achieved.

faster payments and ability to on-charge fees. implementation of subscription billing.

Pin Payments review by User in Photography
User in Photography

"Great service for small business owners!"

What do you like best?

The ease and convenience of creating a payment link for my clients is what I like best about Pin Payments.

What do you dislike?

I wish the charges that come along with each payment were much less, but saying that i like that there is no monthly fee for using the service.

Pin Payments has helped me in securing payments from my clients in an easy and convenient manner. The dashboard is not complicated at all.

Pin Payments review by Mark P.
Mark P.

"Great payment product"

What do you like best?

Easy to receive payments. Great notification process. Love it.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to complain about. Everything easy to administer.

Received payments from my Xero accounts. Giving clients more payment optional.

Pin Payments review by User

"Reliable and easy to use."

What do you like best?

- Ease of use in setting up and ease of use for clients.

What do you dislike?

happy with the product as it is. At this stage i do not require anything more from it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it

Problem solved is payments are made by my clients more effeciently and with little input from my behalf.

Learning about Pin Payments?

* We monitor all Pin Payments reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.