Pinegrow Web Editor

Build websites faster with Pinegrow Web Editor

Work for Pinegrow Web Editor?

Learning about Pinegrow?

Pinegrow Web Editor Reviews

Showing 20 Pinegrow reviews
Pinegrow review by Sofia B.
Sofia B.

"BUILD A WEBSITE FASTER WITH PINEGROW"

What do you like best?

Pinegrow is an awesome web editor: maybe what I like the most is that I can choose one of its many themes and that will become my main web page to edit. After that, I only have to click on the content I want to edit, then click on the "edit" option, and then I start adding my own content. Can it be any easier? I don´t think so. Another feature I also like is that I can add CSS or code right if I want to edit any part of my site! I believe that Pinegrow will change the way we can build websites in a quick way.

What do you dislike?

Even though I love Pinegrow, I hate to say that it has some flaws: first, it would be better if they offered a lot more templates so that we can have many alternatives to choose from; this way, I think that Pinegrow would become a lot more popular. In addition, the site gets to be really, really slow, because when I add a new theme, it takes sometimes one or two minutes for the theme to load properly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think that this is a nice software for creating websites quickly. if you want more variety or you want to customize the sites you create with Pinegrow even more, then you´d need to know a bit of coding.

With Pinegrow, I can create a website quickly and efficiently so that I can share with the world all of my knowledge and services. I like that there are tools and software like Pinegrow that help me create a site in a couple hours so that I can spend most of my time doing bthings related to my core business area (freelance design).

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Pinegrow Web Editor
Pinegrow review by Agency
Agency

"Pinegrow is easy to use for non-developer skillset designer"

What do you like best?

I like the bootstrap blocks concepts and the clean code ready for development. Its easy to use. In-fact I when ahead and did a community presentation in Dallas. Interface is customization is possible.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the help section, they don't have updated videos for all the new updated software which they release very frequently. Mostly of help documents didn't made any relevance between interface and help document screenshots. I didn't see community support channels are answered very frequent. Product owners run slack channels but raising a concern about the product issue didn't got resolved. Interface is little fuzzy in using. We need really big screen like 2000x1900 resolutions for using this products. Tutorials are not enough to learn. This community just started growing and I think it will need lot of plan in place before launching product or else maintain separate help version for different product version they launch. Sometimes I feel it is better to not launch new product without any good help documents. There blocks section is great but it is limited to Bootstrapped I think if they improve it to other frameworks. I don't like the help section, they don't have updated videos for all the new updated software which they release very frequently. Mostly of help documents didn't made any relevance between interface and help document screenshots. I didn't see community support channels are answered very frequent. Product owners run slack channels but raising a concern about the product issue didn't got resolved. Interface is little fuzzy in using. We need really big screen like 2000x1900 resolutions for using this products. Tutorials are not enough to learn. This community just started growing and I think it will need lot of plan in place before launching product or else maintain separate help version for different product version they launch. Sometimes I feel it is better to not launch new product without any good help documents. There blocks section is great but it is limited to Bootstrapped I think if they improve it to other frameworks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for this product if you like to design new trendy looking websites or applications using framework the product promises lot of components which doesn't require any much of coding skills in building the website.

Software applications designs

What Web Design solution do you use?

Pinegrow review by User in Internet

"A real complete web editor"

What do you like best?

Pinegrow has been rapidly evolving to a really good web editor. It is one of the first to give multiple views within a screen if they can fit. This means being able to make decisions from web to mobile.

What do you dislike?

Pinegrow can be a little cluttered until you customize it. The ability to update the app via the software would be nice. Currently, you need to download and install over the existing version.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want a complete and affordable professional web design editor with a variety of payment options, buy Pinegrow.

It takes into account working with all the most used technologies without having to use a code editor. This includes Wordpress, Angular, Bootstrap, Foundation, and Materialize. You can also upload themes found on the web and easily customize them.

Pinegrow review by Tim M.
Tim M.

"Sleek!"

What do you like best?

I really like the sleek, clean interface that Pinegrow offers. All of the tools you need are in a clean, yet accessible layout and is super easy to use.

What do you dislike?

The price tag. It is awfully pricey compared to a lot of the free tools out there and I do not see myself purchasing it over those free tools.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Beware of the price tag. If you're a beginning web design or developer, this tool would be helpful on a commercial level.

I was quickly able to edit PHP and Javascript files easily with all of the tools at my fingertips. No real interface customization required.

Pinegrow review by Phillipe C.
Phillipe C.

"Amazing tool for front-end developers"

What do you like best?

As a web developer, I can say that this is a wonderful tool to reduce the time required to build an HTML+CSS website, since you can build everything visually, without (sometimes) even looking at the code.

Also, the Wordpress integration is very great, helping a developer create templates very fast.

It also comes with an option called "Bootstrap Blocks", that are pre-loaded pieces of code that save you a lot of time, specially when it comes to mockups (for production sites you might prefer to code your own styles).

They have video tutorials available that can help you get used to the program.

What do you dislike?

Some might say that the price is not too high, but considering the benefits, I would highly recommend it.

Even when the interface might seem familiar, it takes some time to get used to all the options available.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Even when it is a WYSIWYG tool, it is highly recommended to know a great deal of HTML and CSS before using it, since you need to understand the different options that you will be using.

Also, remember to watch the video tutorials available. They will save you a lot of time while learning the tool.

The main benefit I've found using Pinegrow, is that I can reduce development time considerably, specially when it comes to build a Wordpress template (assuming you've paid for that option).

Pinegrow review by Marcel A.
Marcel A.

"A Super Tool to Create Magnificent Websites"

What do you like best?

As a web programmer, this tools helps me a lot in creating web design. I love how they design the control panel. Its simple and elegant, all the buttons were clear and descriptive, the main space is big and i really love that they make the background black, instead of white.

They also provide an integration with other JS framework, like Bootstrap, Angular JS, or Foundation. Its really an all-in-one web design tools for me.

What do you dislike?

They don't have a free-permanent package !, and the price cannot be called as cheap also. I think they can provide at least a free trial (So far i didn't see the free trial button). Nowadays, there is a lot of free but powerful web design tools also, i think Pinegrow can also provide a free package with limited services.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Having a lot of issue with client in making a website ?, Use this software to create an early prototype to be shown to client. This will reduce the knowledge gap between you and client, thus will make your client trust your profesionality.

Pinegrow helps me to create a mock-up website easily and fast. This tools help me in doing my job, so i can make an early prototype to be shown to my client. This result in reducing misunderstanding between me, as a web programmer, and the client. If the programmer and the client were on same page, development of website can be easier, since there would be minimal revision or correction from client. So basically, Pinegrow helps me to do my job easily and helps to increase trust of my client.

Pinegrow review by Drew S.
Drew S.

"Pinegrow Good, But Not Perfect."

What do you like best?

I like the visual and code editing. It seemed like a good process. I also liked how easy it was to switch views inside of the program

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the code would get jumbled as you were editing. I also didn't like how they started upcharging for Wordpress features. We quit using it due to the pricing model and what felt like continual beta updates.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Front end developers may enjoy Pinegrow's Angular and Wordpress integrations. Backend developers, not so much.

We are no longer using Pinegrow. I think if we were building apps and things that weren't interdependent on external content managers we might use it more. If I were building more freestanding apps and integrations I think Pinegrow would be a great solution.

Pinegrow review by Tiffany W.
Tiffany W.

"Pinegrow Web Editor"

What do you like best?

This program is easy to use to build websites with different designs and features. You are able to select website layouts as well as backgrounds and pages.

What do you dislike?

The program can be confusing to new users, but once you learn how to use it the website becomes much more efficient.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this product to people considering a web design program because it is very easy to use for beginners. The program features allow the user to create website from their personal preference.

Pinegrow Web Editor allows you to create websites for different businesses depending on the market. It provides benefits to all companies because each company uses a website for different purposes.

Pinegrow review by Manny C.
Manny C.

"Intuitive interface and great results"

What do you like best?

Pinegrow is easy to use for any audience. You can create mockups for a new client, create wordpress templates, create html5 templates. Imagination is the limit

What do you dislike?

I have been using this app for a few years, and so far there is nothing I don't like!

I use the app to create mockups for my clients, to show them ideas based in already made templates. I can import any page using the URL and make the changes I need to do.

Pinegrow review by Zsolt H.
Zsolt H.

"Ever the best tool for fast structured webpages"

What do you like best?

The supported frameworks, and the easy editing features. Unbelivable good property handling, and the component like elements is the best. The responsive design support is the best, never ever seen in other software, like this.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the speed, but it is normal in the web development.

Recommendations to others considering the product

More frameworks, but it is not too important, because always have an alternatives in the Pinegrow.

Websites and admin backend mocup and some mobile responsive sites.

Pinegrow review by User in Financial Services

"Great tool for designers who want to get better at coding"

What do you like best?

I like how visual of a tool it is. I feel it really bridged the gap for me between front end design and development in a way that gives me more ownership over my web projects.

What do you dislike?

It took me longer to pick up than I would have liked as it feels like despite the interface being relatively simple, some things were nested or hard to find. Simple things like placing images where you want them, rather than where they pop up, was something I struggled with initially.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great tool for designers who want to gain experience and comfort with coding HTML and CSS at their own pace.

Pinegrow has helped me do both the design and development on client websites, so it has eliminated the need to work with a web developer on pieces of a project that I couldn't complete myself. It has also made me realize the benefits both financially and otherwise of fully owning a project from start to finish and has been very helpful in being able to bring my ideas to life.

Pinegrow review by Nicola B.
Nicola B.

"This is a great tools for development"

What do you like best?

I really love the WordPress integration. It makes template construction and/or customization a lot easier and maintainable. The visual interface helps to keep things ordered in the best way

What do you dislike?

Pinegrow is growing at a really fast speed, so it's understandable that sometimes you got bug and performance issues, but I use it almost every day since its release and I can say it's not a big deal, and the development team is really fast with solving issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want a simple yet powerful system to build websites and WordPress themes choose Pinegrow

I am using Pinegrow to build WordPress websites and to updates it.

Pinegrow review by Fabian W.
Fabian W.

"Pinegrow a smart and strong tool for Webdesign"

What do you like best?

The direct, visualisation of the code template, the structuretree and the simple and easy use of the software

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it is buggy, but now there was an update to version 4. I'll hope most of my minor problems will be solved.

Building little mockups or edit fast code snippets to create samples.

Pinegrow review by Administrator in Investment Management
Administrator in Investment Management

"Pinegrow Web Editor Review"

What do you like best?

Help working with HTML and CSS more efficiently

Visual Interface

User friendly and intuitive interface

Wordpress integration (pro version)

Multiple page modification (can have mobile view in the same time editing a page)

What do you dislike?

The pricing since there is a lot of other option in the web which are free (like Bootrap, Wordpress...)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good to create some quick mockups

More for front end dev

Easy to make quick modification and work with clients

Reduce development ad coding time!

Pinegrow review by Aaron Z.
Aaron Z.

"great way to edit web and data analytics"

What do you like best?

We loved how compatibe and accessible this was! It made our data analysts have a easier time developing web designs and other technologically savvy things!

What do you dislike?

We didn't like the cost and the layout. We were looking for something that could help us to let more novice people edit and web develop.

We are trying to find a better way to create an online store and/or webpage for our business.

Pinegrow review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Bootstrap even easier"

What do you like best?

easy to use once you figure out how. CSS classes are simple but takes some time to learn.

What do you dislike?

being a hard coder, there were somethings that tripped me up in the beginning

Recommendations to others considering the product

best web editor that I have found. learning curve but super simple

easy to manipulate. makes for easy static pages

Pinegrow review by Marie C.
Marie C.

"Easy and effective "

What do you like best?

Easy navigation . You can multitask very easily . It is great for beginners who like design

What do you dislike?

The cost To many premiums features. Not app friendly . Technology has come along way

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take your time and don’t give up when it frustrates you

Graphic design and video editing

Pinegrow review by User in E-Learning
User in E-Learning

"Using Pinegrow is a great timesaver and helps me learn"

What do you like best?

I like being able to see everything at once such as the css, html, preview, different window sizes, list of files, elements, page structure etc.

What do you dislike?

I have not gotten answers to my questions in the slack group.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it! You can use the trial, and be sure to watch the video tutorials they are helpful

I am streamlining the creation and maintenance of my websites. I am also moving to bootstrap 4 from 3.

Pinegrow review by User in Computer Software

"Great potential but not solving immediate need"

What do you like best?

That the design and code are accurately tied together. The preview in browser is a direct match to the design.

What do you dislike?

Difficult for designers who don't know how to code to use.

Trying to get designs into prototyping for UX testing

Pinegrow review by User

"good editor tool"

What do you like best?

good editor tool and it works very very welll for it users

What do you dislike?

it is a little bit slow to use and not very business friendly

it ill be used along with web platform for implementations

Learning about Pinegrow Web Editor?

* We monitor all Pinegrow Web Editor reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.