Want to see who topped the 2019 Best Software Awards?

PingID

(15 reviews)

PingID is a multi-factor authentication solution.

Work for PingID?

Learning about PingID?

PingID Reviews

Showing 15 PingID reviews
PingID review by User in Internet

"Easy to use - pain to switch to new device"

What do you like best?

I think it is really easy to use, I remember that setting PingID for the first time on my phone was very very easy. I've never really had any issues with it – I really like the option of using a manual code if or when your mobile device doesn't have access to a network (very helpful when trying to connect on airplanes and your phone doesn't have service).

What do you dislike?

Changing to a new device is a such a hassle. It took me about two days to finally do it and I had to reach out to our IT department for help. The issue might have been that I didn't disable my old device first, however it was not an easy process and it ended up causing issues with other applications that use PingID (like VPN for example).

Recommendations to others considering the product

As a user I think it is very easy to use - unsure how it is for an administrator.

Helps with account protection, specially helpful to avoid account takeovers.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about PingID
PingID review by Linda B.
Linda B.

"Fast and easy identity verification"

What do you like best?

With PingID, Identity verification is extremely fast and very easy. The best part is that it does not require users to wait for a phone call or a text message in order to verify they are who they say they are.

What do you dislike?

It is not clear to end users what authentication method is used when users originally install and set it up, which can cause some security-minded folks to contact IT with questions.

We are using it to prevent unauthorized access to our VPN, and needed a solution that would allow our users to quickly verify their identity without requiring them to wait for a phone call or text message.

What Multi-Factor Authentication solution do you use?

PingID review by Alexandra C.
Alexandra C.

"Great Tool- Super Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

I like how easy this application is to use. It was rolled out about a year ago to my company and it took barely any training for the employees to figure it out.

What do you dislike?

I truly do not have any dislikes about this tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Such a great and easy to use tool. I definitely recommend switching if you are using something else.

We are solving the business problem of keeping our network and information safe in any environment including when not at work. For our employees it is solving a quick and easy way to always stay secure.

PingID review by Joel A.
Joel A.

"I'm satisfied with PingID"

What do you like best?

I like because its makes more safe my account or access, i can't track all my logs and even i can grant access from my mobile device.

What do you dislike?

for the Desktop version its takes a few time to be open, i dont know now because i'm only using the PingID for mobile which is faster.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think we are facing issue trying to connect PingID with Fuze so for now we have disabled this feature because users are not able to login.

Making more safe the accounts, users do not need to type passwords and usernames and its like a unified method for all sites access.

PingID review by Tony F.
Tony F.

"Ping to get in"

What do you like best?

Ping was an easy enough tool for security to log in to my work tool set. Pretty fast and consistent to get call back or text back log in credentials. As a simple user, I didn't need it to be robust or complex just simple which it was.

What do you dislike?

I did not have any real complaints. As far as how I used it as just a log in user, I needed it to just work when I wanted to log into my companie's tools. Sometimes the text relay was a little delayed but this was rarely the case.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool, highly recommend!

IT has provided a safe and secure way to protect company details, information and privacy. Good solid tool that works and works well.

PingID review by User

"PingID"

What do you like best?

Quick and easy access right from my phone. It was simple to pair my device and once that is done I can use PingID as an authentication factor to access my corporate network.

What do you dislike?

The app frequently unpairs from my device which means have to go through the set up process from scratch. This can be frustrating when in a time crunch to quickly access my network.

For my clients, they frequently have questions regarding how to pair their device and it doesn't seem like the photo instructions help them. However, once they do realize how to use it then they can easily access the network to perform tasks independently.

PingID review by User in Internet

"Easily log on to many apps w/out having to remember passwords"

What do you like best?

makes it very simple to log on to company softaware apps without having to remember passwords

very helpful when you have to change your password multuiple times per year

also very nice that when you do have to change your password, you only have to do it in one place for all the others to update

What do you dislike?

sometimes can't get in as easily when working from home

it also asks for some key when i'm working remote and I can't find the key anywhere

it also asks me to download some plug in from time to time

we have to change our passwords failry often so this is the only way to make it easy to manage those changes without having to constantly reset passwords because you have so many floating out there and not knowing which goes where

PingID review by Kumarasamy P.
Kumarasamy P.

"Best Tools for secure Sign In"

What do you like best?

Adding new service ( i.e new organization) very easy via QR, Manual Pairing.

One-time Passcode generated some interval of time and as well as manual so it's secure.

People unable use your system until your permission or you are manually present over there

What do you dislike?

Swipe login option not working consistently sometimes.

Auto passcode sometime irritates while you are looking the passcode for use

Recommendations to others considering the product

For secure content access use, PingID is recommended. Easy to Use for all

More secure until the phone is with you.

In our Company IT system, we have used PingID for internet access.

PingID review by Brooks H.
Brooks H.

"Love Having Everything Linked!"

What do you like best?

I really enjoyed having Ping as a way to link all of my work tools together in a secure site.

What do you dislike?

No dislikes here! It was very user friendly and it made it so much easier to streamline my logins and keep my information safe.

We were making sure we have a safe and secure way to access work websites without having to login over and over again

PingID review by User

"Works as expected-Simple to use, multiple options to access and reliable"

What do you like best?

The solution links to the phone, a desktop app and even the apple watch. Enables easy two factor authentication with an industry leading solution. Clear UI in the apps makes it easy to use, no learning curve. Very straightforward

What do you dislike?

Two Factor authentication as a whole. But given we have to do it I like Ping as a provider for it.

Security around access. With the number of security breaches it is a must for corporations to make access reliable and secure and the old fashioned password has outlived its usefulness. TFA is the wave of the future.

PingID review by Cezar T.
Cezar T.

"PingID allows you to work from home"

What do you like best?

The possibility to add many devices so if you loose access to one you can choose another. Also tapping being enough to authenticate is great.

What do you dislike?

Honestly speaking the ability to use even more devices would be better.

I am able to authenticate and work from home. That's great.

PingID review by Orlando O.
Orlando O.

"Secure easy way to validate access "

What do you like best?

The easiness in authorizing an access request

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it freezes when automatic requests are sent.

Double layer of security

PingID review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

Simple installation and was able to use immediately.

What do you dislike?

There were times when I wasn’t recognized and needed to login manually; which was slightly inconvenient.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As an end user, I recommend this product.

Enables a secure login with minimal technical difficulties.

PingID review by User in Insurance
User in Insurance

"Works reliably"

What do you like best?

It solves a need to integrate with the business LDAP for single sign on.

What do you dislike?

Dioesn't have an application for SPA, which causes hacky solutions.

We are using PINGID for single sign on.

PingID review by User in Insurance
User in Insurance

"Extra level of security!"

What do you like best?

It's on my phone, doesn't take up much space. I have to have my phone nearby instead of carrying a electronic code generator which is good.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. It doesn't really phase me much.

It creates another level of security for PHI. It keeps from my stuff being compromised

Learning about PingID?

* We monitor all PingID reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.