PingPlotter

Get notified about network problems the moment they occur and find culprits quickly with PingPlotter's network performance graphs and alerting system.

Work for PingPlotter?

Learning about PingPlotter?

PingPlotter Reviews

Ask PingPlotter a Question
Showing 6 PingPlotter reviews
PingPlotter review by <span>Josiah K.</span>
Josiah K.

Great for Troubleshooting

What do you like best?

Ping Plotter allows me to very simply verify connectivity. or i can watch my equipment be unreachable. A lot of the time i can watch a device go up and down over 24 hours (it can do more, but thats generally all i get to)

What do you dislike?

As of right now, there is nothing i dislike

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are managing remote locations over the internet, this is a great troubleshooting tool. it allows you to establish where to start troubleshooting. If you can't reach your remote location, check the wiring, then check the internet connection. If you can get there but something in the remote office is not working check your equipment.

My company(ISP) has equipment outside of our network. when they are having issues ping plotter is my first go to program. I can tell if another ISP or passthrough is having issues. This at times prompts me to make a route change, while other times its a call to that ISP to start a ticket. Ping Plotter has saved us many hours of troubleshooting and also allows us to show another ISP that the issues is theirs.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about PingPlotter
PingPlotter review by Administrator in Medical Devices
Administrator in Medical Devices

PingPlotter helped me prove my case with our carrier

What do you like best?

You can download the free version and get enough data to prove to your telco that latency, packet loss, echo, jitter, etc., is not all in your own mind.

What do you dislike?

I want it to be free with all the cool features it comes with. I haven't used it enough to have a dislike, honestly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's an awesomely simple network monitoring tool.. even AT&T uses it. At least, the Tier 3 tech did.

VOIP latency, network slowness, dropped connections

What Other IT Management solution do you use?

PingPlotter review by Administrator

Basics pretty easy but can't figure out how to save a session

What do you like best?

Easy to read charts and graphs. Set up pretty fast and able to get a session going quickly

What do you dislike?

Would be nice to have user tutorial movies on YouTube or something like that. Hard to figure out some of the details on how to save a session log etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try the trial with several sites. Explore all the features.

Internet connection for offsite remote desktop connected servers constantly timing out.

PingPlotter review by User

Life has gotten so much easier with Ping Plotter

What do you like best?

Ping Plotter is able to monitor my daily traffic from my local PC to any location in the world. I love that I can also export all the data that I had collected and it auto saves it all so I can review it later in the day!

What do you dislike?

The fact that I do not own PingPlotter yet!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep it up!

Solving personal issues with our internet provider.

PingPlotter review by User in Higher Education

Great but basic

What do you like best?

It gets the job done as far as pinpointing the problems in our network.

What do you dislike?

I'm not a fan of the interface. It could use a more updated, user friendly look.

We needed to be able to ping and trace all in one step, which this accomplishes.

PingPlotter review by Consultant in Telecommunications
Consultant in Telecommunications

good tool

What do you like best?

a good tool to check for connectivity issue within a network and reporting tools

What do you dislike?

no major complains on this product have been using it for a long time

Learning about PingPlotter?

* We monitor all PingPlotter reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.