PingPlotter

Get notified about network problems the moment they occur and find culprits quickly with PingPlotter's network performance graphs and alerting system.

Work for PingPlotter?

Learning about PingPlotter?

PingPlotter Reviews

Ask PingPlotter a Question
Showing 15 PingPlotter reviews
PingPlotter review by Armen M.
Armen M.

"Great tool for testing your network"

What do you like best?

Simple and easy to use. I liked the graphs and multiple target support. Used it for monitoring my home network, but could also you for my websites as well.

What do you dislike?

I am using PingPlotter, not for a long time. Everything is good for now, I didn't find any issues yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can use it for a trial period and after it has a free plan for one target.

I use PingPlotter mostly for personal use. I have issues with my wifi router and home network and it helps me to analyze it.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about PingPlotter
PingPlotter review by Joshua J.
Joshua J.

"PingPlotter does exactly what it's supposed to do"

What do you like best?

I liked that it has a service mode that can record data even when the GUI isn't running.

What do you dislike?

I wish the TCP configuration was automatic but it was quite simple once I read the directions.

I also wish it had a capability to visually display the traceroute on top of a world map.

We installed PingPlotter to help diagnose intermittent connectivity problems from geographically distributed lab sites to our AWS-hosted website. PingPlotter helped us demonstrate clearly and visually when there were problems. We chose it specifically for a capability not found in many similar lightweight tools in that it allows measuring connectivity to a specific TCP port whereas many programs only allows to measure regular ping, i.e. ICMP packets.

What Other IT Management solution do you use?

PingPlotter review by Josiah K.
Josiah K.

"Great for Troubleshooting"

What do you like best?

Ping Plotter allows me to very simply verify connectivity. or i can watch my equipment be unreachable. A lot of the time i can watch a device go up and down over 24 hours (it can do more, but thats generally all i get to)

What do you dislike?

As of right now, there is nothing i dislike

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are managing remote locations over the internet, this is a great troubleshooting tool. it allows you to establish where to start troubleshooting. If you can't reach your remote location, check the wiring, then check the internet connection. If you can get there but something in the remote office is not working check your equipment.

My company(ISP) has equipment outside of our network. when they are having issues ping plotter is my first go to program. I can tell if another ISP or passthrough is having issues. This at times prompts me to make a route change, while other times its a call to that ISP to start a ticket. Ping Plotter has saved us many hours of troubleshooting and also allows us to show another ISP that the issues is theirs.

PingPlotter review by Sean T.
Sean T.

"Go to pinging tool"

What do you like best?

This tool is very easy to use and will show you exactly where the break down in the network is

What do you dislike?

Truly a great tool but it would be nice if there was a bit more in the reporting.

Troubleshooting network issues and dropped packets.

PingPlotter review by Simran S.
Simran S.

"Best Network Statistics Tool"

What do you like best?

Its the good software that can allow the user to look into the data that his system is using and take further actions on the networking monitoring.

-Graphical system is good

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it takes lot of internet memory and slow down the system

Recommendations to others considering the product

Helps in monitoring the resources that are taking lot of data usage.

Helps in tracing the data.

PingPlotter review by Matt H.
Matt H.

"Works Great"

What do you like best?

This software is helping me solve all kinds of network problems. It is the best troubleshooting tool I've used yet.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found anything that I don't like about the software yet.

We have been having a problem with our service provider and they keep blaming our equipment. The proof is in the logging!

PingPlotter review by Administrator in Medical Devices
Administrator in Medical Devices

"PingPlotter helped me prove my case with our carrier"

What do you like best?

You can download the free version and get enough data to prove to your telco that latency, packet loss, echo, jitter, etc., is not all in your own mind.

What do you dislike?

I want it to be free with all the cool features it comes with. I haven't used it enough to have a dislike, honestly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's an awesomely simple network monitoring tool.. even AT&T uses it. At least, the Tier 3 tech did.

VOIP latency, network slowness, dropped connections

PingPlotter review by Administrator

"Basics pretty easy but can't figure out how to save a session "

What do you like best?

Easy to read charts and graphs. Set up pretty fast and able to get a session going quickly

What do you dislike?

Would be nice to have user tutorial movies on YouTube or something like that. Hard to figure out some of the details on how to save a session log etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try the trial with several sites. Explore all the features.

Internet connection for offsite remote desktop connected servers constantly timing out.

PingPlotter review by ray p.
ray p.

"PingPlotter performance"

What do you like best?

Its was fine. good product. easy to use. does the job. nothing more to report.

What do you dislike?

nothing about this product sucks. its works fine.

check network health

PingPlotter review by User in Telecommunications
User in Telecommunications

"Easy to use, intuitive to read, surprisingly powerful "

What do you like best?

PingPlotter has a clean, intuitive interface. It makes it easy to identify problematic nodes so that routing can be corrected. I appreciate that it provides notifications whenever routes change.

What do you dislike?

I wish it were possible to graph more than 48 hours of data at one time.

We can easily monitor multiple circuits, and get an easy-to-read graph showing latency and dropped packets.

PingPlotter review by User

"Life has gotten so much easier with Ping Plotter"

What do you like best?

Ping Plotter is able to monitor my daily traffic from my local PC to any location in the world. I love that I can also export all the data that I had collected and it auto saves it all so I can review it later in the day!

What do you dislike?

The fact that I do not own PingPlotter yet!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep it up!

Solving personal issues with our internet provider.

PingPlotter review by Administrator

"A very easy way to monitor network issues."

What do you like best?

The readablility of the results and graphs provided.

What do you dislike?

I haven't had any issues with this product.

When we have bandwidth or connection issues it helps us track them down so we can display the results to our ISP.

PingPlotter review by User in Higher Education

"Great but basic"

What do you like best?

It gets the job done as far as pinpointing the problems in our network.

What do you dislike?

I'm not a fan of the interface. It could use a more updated, user friendly look.

We needed to be able to ping and trace all in one step, which this accomplishes.

PingPlotter review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Testing consistentcy "

What do you like best?

I use this product to test intermittent disconnects

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I forget its running and it stores data over time it adds up

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for testing connections

intermittent disconnects, proving ISP failures

PingPlotter review by Consultant in Telecommunications
Consultant in Telecommunications

"good tool "

What do you like best?

a good tool to check for connectivity issue within a network and reporting tools

What do you dislike?

no major complains on this product have been using it for a long time

Learning about PingPlotter?

* We monitor all PingPlotter reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.