Pinterest

A content sharing service that allows members to "pin" images, videos and other objects to their pinboard.

Work for Pinterest?

Learning about Pinterest?

Pinterest Reviews

Showing 110 Pinterest reviews
Pinterest review by Audrey P.
Audrey P.

"A great resource for brainstorming and research"

What do you like best?

I like being able to see lots of photos about a specific topic at once in a large grid. There is very little wasted space on the Pinterest website. They do a good job of presenting an engaging layout and user interface that allows us to browse and view content very quickly.

What do you dislike?

Finding the right content and getting it all in one page can be a challenge. There is so much content on Pinterest that you're likely to bring up lots of material that is irrelevant or uninteresting to you. It can take some time to get a feel for keywords that work best for your search.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Pinterest is definitely worth signing up for if you're in the creative or research field. An account will allow you to bypass restrictions set on non-account users.

Pinterest has been a excellent platform to help come up with ideas and get a quick picture of subject matter you're researching. Compared to other image platforms, like Google images, Pinterest allows for more extensive and customized image descriptions that help with research.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Pinterest
Pinterest review by Hannah W.
Hannah W.

"Perfect Place For Creative Space"

What do you like best?

Pinterest is amazing because it inspires me on so many levels, and it helps me in the creative realm. As a writer, everything inspires me! Photos, music, text, art, food... It all has an affect. So Pinterest is the perfect place for me to find exactly what I need whenever I need it.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the newest update where the app/site predicts where you will want to pin something, based on the content of your other boards. I like to organize things, so I'm a little picky about where certain pins go. I've accidentally pinned things to the wrong boards because of this newer feature, so it gets a little annoying.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely join group boards on Pinterest to make friends & get feedback on new ideas! I joined group boards to help with my writing & it did wonders.

It helps me to stay organized, creative, inspired, and excited! If I ever feel uncreative or feel myself lacking inspiration, I simply open the app or the cite & let everything flow naturally.

What Social Networks solution do you use?

Pinterest review by valentina l.
valentina l.

"It is the place where you can share photos, videos and everything you find on the Internet."

What do you like best?

I like it a lot because it gives me a complete information about a specific topic and in the same way I can interact with other users who want to share this information. With just one click I can go "pinning" images organized by boards; And follow in a fast way images that interest me, follow thematic and share it with my contacts. It contains a huge variety of information which helps me explore new things, ideas and projects.

What do you dislike?

Well basically the only thing I do not like is to register in this social network, you have to be invited and usually the invitation takes time to arrive. The rest is great and very useful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I invite you to uniter pinterest and I encourage you to follow the people you are interested in interacting with (friends, clients, professional colleagues). At first I know it seems complicated by its difference to other social networks but it is a very simple and intuitive application that does not require much knowledge to use it. Great to motivate your daily learning.

It gives me the benefit of keeping up to date on designs, projects, ideas, etc; More than everything I use for that in question of work. Personally, it contributes to my knowledge, expands my creativity and expands my network of friends. It's great to meet people with whom you have common tastes.

Pinterest review by Sarah R.
Sarah R.

"Favorite website for event planning"

What do you like best?

Pinterest is extremely visually appealing! It makes researching ideas and displaying them to others a seamless process. Instead of scouring the internet for a visual representation of your perfect idea, you simply type a couple key words into the Pinterest search bar and the Pinterest user base is sure to have it. In addition to helping you make your own ideas tangible, Pinterest is a fantastic tool for thinking of new ideas/ brainstorming.

What do you dislike?

Some websites are not compatible with the "Pin it" button which makes it difficult to pin from them. This can be disappointing and frustrating; in order to go around this you can download the image and upload it but the issue with this is that it will not be a linked image for future use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely try it out and see how you like the interface. Also, make sure to follow boards of people you like so that you can go onto your own timeline and get new ideas easily. Don't forget to separate your pins into boards for simplified access to your ideas.

Event planning ideas

Pinterest review by Grace M.
Grace M.

"Pinterest: best way to collect and share bits & bobs online"

What do you like best?

I love how easy Pinterest is to use, and how easy it is to share your boards. It's such a user-friendly experience.

What do you dislike?

The only real gripe I have with Pinterest is that when you have the extension on your browser, if often ends up showing ou a button on your screen that is in the way of other things. For example, you can hover over an image and see the Add to Pinterest icon, and it can keep you from being able to close it or enter text into a box. This doesn't happen all that often, however.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think Pinterest is a great tool and it can be used in ways that wouldn't necessarily be obvious. For example, it can be used to build and share business ideas/resources among or between teams.

Pinterest solves the business problem of allowing easy sharing of many different kinds of images/links between people/teams.

Pinterest review by Steph C.
Steph C.

"Great way to drive traffic to your site!"

What do you like best?

It doesn't take a whole lot of effort to pin things on pinterest, and if you add social share buttons to your website your site visitors can help you out by saving pins from your site, too! Love that it's one of my biggest referral sites in analytics, second to google.

What do you dislike?

You gotta remember to pin or else it doesn't help you any. Sometimes I'll forget for a while, and then there's just so much good stuff to keep on top of. Also, the nature of any social media beast... things change and it takes a bit of work to keep up with what the most current best practices and most effective strategies are.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go through every page of your website and make sure there's images on every page. That way site visitors can save pages of your site to pinterest, which helps drive more traffic! Don't forget to utilize the new featured boards on your profile - I'm using it to call the most attention to my illustration portfolio page, which really puts my artwork front and center.

This site is a great way to get the word out about an art biz like mine - sharing images on pinterest, you can find a whole new audience that didn't know about you before!

Pinterest review by Leeon P.
Leeon P.

"Useful, but limited function and not intuitive"

What do you like best?

Pinterest provides the ability to "pin" pictures from other web sites or upload pictures from local media. These pictures can be placed into categories/albums for future reference and sharing with other people. Community collaboration is openly available through comments for each post.

What do you dislike?

There is no protection functionality to prevent others from stealing images stored in a user account. Along those same lines, Pinterest makes it too easy to steal other peoples work. The browser plug-in for Pinterest allows users to easily add pictures from another web site to their own profile.

The site navigation is a little difficult, along the likes of Twitter and a few other social sites that do not have intuitive interfaces. The site has gotten better over the last year, but it still could use improvement.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As much as the Pinterest's site is simple, it lacks an intuitive interface. Patience and looking around is necessary to get to learn how to manage it. Be aware that any images that are uploaded are not protected by their interface.

When coupled with mobile apps and web site plug-ins, such as for WordPress or on tablet computers, Photographers can simplify sharing their portfolio.

Pinterest review by Consultant

"Hands down one of the best references and tools"

What do you like best?

There isn't a subject or item I can't find or learn about on Pinterest

What do you dislike?

I guess I wish I could integrate it with a program to make a list of items needed when finding recipes.

I can find recipes for diets that appeal to every walk of life. I have enclosed screen shots of my LinkedIn profile. You can see where it states I am a health coach. The name of my company/website is Get your healthy life. So, I have my health coach Pinterest page which displays any type of healing options I use as well as hints to better health. I also put personal pinned pages together for clients according to diet. I formulate meal plans this way. This way if the need recipe ideas I provide them this way. I hope you can understand now that I do indeed use it for business because it is full of different recipes my clients can use.

Pinterest review by Lisa T.
Lisa T.

"Getting Better"

What do you like best?

I can find DIY instructions for what I am trying to do and have a place to keep these things "bookmarked".

What do you dislike?

I often see photos that are offensive and not consistent with my search criteria and can't have my children looking over my shoulder.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have young ones and are careful on what they see, you may not want them looking over your shoulder while on there. Women in underwear will randomly pop up when you are searching for acrylic paintings of trees. Go figure.

It helps me come up with ideas for painting or poses for photography.

Pinterest review by Lorena M.
Lorena M.

"Ideas for Business Space and Office"

What do you like best?

I like how well organized it is. I like having boards so specific things, makes my life easier. I also love how after a few pins it already knows my interest and shows me exactly what I'm interested in.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a search button within my own boards. I have so many and it would be easier than scrolling down through all of the before finding the one I'm looking for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just give it a try and you will be amazed by all the good ideas you can use for literally anything!

We are solving are plain space look. We have a very big white lobby and we need ideas to make it more warm while staying on brand.

Pinterest review by Administrator in Health, Wellness and Fitness
Administrator in Health, Wellness and Fitness

"Unique way to drive traffic to your website"

What do you like best?

I love that with Pinterest you aren't just sharing your own developed content, but sharing and pinning content that your ideal client is interested in. This is so different from other social media outlets and I find it really opens up exposure to clients of your desired demographic that you might not be able to reach on other platforms like Facebook or Instagram

What do you dislike?

It is a little more complicated to figure out exactly how to attract and capture your ideal client on Pinterest, but once you do the amount of web traffic you get can be incredible!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Pinterest is an often over-looked tool that can be incredibly beneficial for growing your web traffic, exposure, SEO, and subscription list. I think it is often seen as something only appropriate for recipes and crafts, but Pinterest can help you gain exposure no matter what your industry or business model is!

I recently started a blog on my website and the use of Pinterest has enabled me to grow my subscriber list by 150% in just the first month, and all for free!

Pinterest review by Loryn C.
Loryn C.

"Pinterest connects others with new ideas and inspiration. "

What do you like best?

Pinterest isn't only a social media platform to use to pass the time, it presents a great way for professionals to get new ideas, find professional development opportunities, and to organize projects. I like the fact that you can organize everything that you pin into a board. This makes it so helpful to make sure I can find things that I have pinned to look at later. Having the option to have a secret board is also so helpful for making the website more private. This is a social media site, but there may be an instance where you do not want to use it for connection purposes, but for personal use.

What do you dislike?

The one thing that can be a turn off is the amount of content on Pinterest that can be considered spam. It is rather annoying to deal with, but I understand it is hard to regulate this on such a large scale. I also think that the messaging feature could be improved. It is hard to organize messages in my opinion, but I am glad that the option is there.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Pinterest is a great way to find content that you need and to get your own content out for others to see.

I am finding that Pinterest is very useful in creating a community, sharing ideas, and generating traffic to my blog and products. I am grateful for this free social media resource that makes connecting so much easier.

Pinterest review by Callie S.
Callie S.

"Pinterest!!!"

What do you like best?

Pinterest is a great source to get different ideas and organize them in an easy to use way. I have used many of the ideas that I have found on pinterest and love looking at what people find everyday. The app is a great tool to have when I am out and away from my computer.

What do you dislike?

I wish that pinterest would show me what I have already pinned before I actually go to pin it. If it showed up on the general search then that would make it easier and I would save time and not have to repin things that I have already pinned.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Pinterest is a great tool to use to get and share ideas with multiple people. It helps you find creative ideas to any problem that you might be having.

Pinterest is a great tool for creative ideas for parties, conferences, gifts and more. I have used pinterest to help plan meetings or conferences.

Pinterest review by User in Higher Education

"Pinterest is fun but not needed for a business. "

What do you like best?

I think Pinterest is a fun way for a business to understand and develop their branding. It is like a marketing team that is free online. It is easy to use it to figure out what is on brand and what is off brand.

What do you dislike?

Pinterest is difficulty and less predictable than other marketing platforms, such as Instagram. It is hard to know if the links are working and if they are reaching the target audience.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just have fun with it. If you take it too seriously, try to be too contrived, the audience will know.

Pinterest solved the problem of having to work with a PR/marketing team to help develop our brand. With Pinterest, we were able to get a feel for the other types of things our customers liked/were interested in/looked at. That helped us develop our brand for free.

Pinterest review by Jenny J.
Jenny J.

"Pinterest: More than a craft trading site"

What do you like best?

The ability to integrate so many different pieces of information together in one place. I just Pinterest to collect and catalog ideas for programs, events, and sessions while also using it as a promotional tool. I love the boards are public or private and can easily be expanded or collapsed.

What do you dislike?

The information on the home page is always changing...sometimes I see something, the page refreshes and it's gone. It is easy to get overwhelmed in too much information and you need to work to set yourself apart from all the other pins out there to create a following and responses to your sites.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Pinterest is an eclectic tool with a variety of uses. It can easily be a resource to collect ideas for future events, activities, and programs; It's a great resource to create vision boards for programs and allow several individuals to add to and respond to pins. It can also be a tool to drive traffic to your other sites by sharing ideas and suggestions that are pinned and bring people to your other resources.

Collecting ideas to use in events and activities; sharing ideas among team members with vision boards; promoting events to the general public

Pinterest review by Benjamin H.
Benjamin H.

"Great Way to Organize Your Ideas and Lesson Plans"

What do you like best?

I like how Pinterest shows me what other people in the same position as me are finding. I am a high school science teacher, so I am constantly looking for new ideas for lessons and labs. With Pinterest, I am able to see what other high school science teachers are pinning, and repin those ideas to my own boards. I can also follow other Pinterst users as a whole, or just certain boards so I see when they pin something new I may can use in my class.

What do you dislike?

I am not a huge fan of the recommended pins. They can be helpful at times by showing me pins I may not have seen otherwise, but many times, I create a board for one particular lesson or lab. Then, once that lesson is over, even though I no longer need to look at things for that lesson, Pinterest continues to show me pins related to what I have pinned on that board, and it can become pretty annoying.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Create more boards. It's easy to just add every pin to a generic board, but you will be able to find what you're looking for more easily if you create several boards and put your pins where they belong instead of lumping them all together.

I used to have file folders full of papers everywhere, one folder for each lesson or lab idea. I was having to find stuff from all over the internet, print it out, make labels for my folders, and buy folders. With Pinterest, I can have everything organized into virtual "folders." I no longer have to search for hours all over the internet, buy tons of file folders, waste paper printing everything I find that I may be interested in, or make labels.

Pinterest review by Amanda K.
Amanda K.

"The jokes about being addicted to Pinterest are all true."

What do you like best?

They have everything. I use Pinterest for so many personal and business needs and every time I use it I find what I need in a few clicks.

What do you dislike?

The homepage has too much repetition when your followed people are all in the same industry.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Think before you pin. Moving pins from one board to another is laborious. Create boards for specific projects and THEN pin

I use it to show my event client examples of what is possible, what work and what doesn't. I can attach an image (or pin to a shared board) instead of sending long email or phone calls. I send "see here" and "this one not that one" examples all the time. I also use it to source products for my clients...often the end page is Etsy but I like to start with Pinterest because there are more options and the search interface is better.

Pinterest review by James K.
James K.

"The Perfect Hub To Get Your Creative Juices Flowing"

What do you like best?

The ability to follow specific boards that apply to me for any given subject. It really gets my creative juices flowing when I need motivation about any given topic.

What do you dislike?

The cost of advertising I feel doesn't reflect the leads I receive. I have placed a few ads that I thought would be higher performing or at a lower cost and it wasn't.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use Pinterest to find new solutions to DIY problems, use it to get the creative juices flowing, and use it to generate leads for publications, products, and services. The trick is to add unique value to every pin and to create multiple boards with hyper-focused topics.

The ability to reach new readers and clients and the ability to find creative solutions through various pin boards. I often find new ways of thinking when I browse boards belonging to people and brands who share my same interests in specific topics.

Pinterest review by Jenny H.
Jenny H.

"My hoarding habit online"

What do you like best?

I like pinterest best! No really, I like everything about Pinterest. I guess for me it's the ability to have multiple boards in order to organize my collection of things. In a way Pinterest is my map of my travels through the internet. When I think about that really cool thing I saw one time, I know I will have pinned so I can look back at it later. It's great for tracking wish lists, inspirations, products - pretty much anything that has an image with it. And if it doesn't have an image with it you can upload one. Great!

What do you dislike?

Like other big apps out there I find sometimes they make changes on the fly that remove excellent functionality or seem unnecessary. A while ago you used to be able to look at a pin and scroll down to see related pins, this functionality is still here, but if you clicked on a related pin then you could basically go "down the rabbit hole" and if you hit back, you could go back a level to where you were before. This means you could find amazing related content very easily and it was a fabulous immersive experience. They seemed to have gotten rid of that deeper dive experience, so the back button no longer works. What a shame. But - any who - all in all it's a minor gripe for an epic app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you find yourself losing track of things you've seen on the internet or your bookmarks are just out of control then Pinterest is the place for you. It's also an amazing community to find inspiration, DIY, recipes, Tutorials - anything and everything!

Pinterest helps you visually bookmark your travels through the internet. If you're a visual person like me, it is a goldmine of inspiration and memory tokens that I would be lost without. The fact that you can organize you pins into boards and re-order etc is just fabulous.

Pinterest review by Arielle A.
Arielle A.

"Vast Array some False Info"

What do you like best?

I love the inspiring visuals displayed on Pinterest. It makes you feel like you can conquer anything and like you are 1,000 times more creative than you really are because you copied someone else's idea but hey it still looks great! I love that Pinterest creates community between users and fosters the spreading of ideas. It is always a positive experience for me.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that people pin ideas that are not actually helpful at all. There are often times skewed rants on topics involved in pins and people speak as experts when they are not. It makes it difficult to sift through to find the best information on topics like health, gardening, and recipes since anyone can share anything from anywhere... which is the beauty and the downfall. That is the internet overall though so can't fault Pinterest.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check it out for becoming more connected to others who share similar interests. Follow others and gain valuable insight within your field of interest/work. Pinterest is the home of sharing ideas and for that, it is completely unique and valid.

I use Pinterest to help me with starting my own organizations which includes gardening. There are beautiful pictures with inspiration, so many helpful ideas on organic solutions to issues, farm fresh recipes and more. I find all of this helpful and it allows me to push myself to being the best and being more creative.

Pinterest review by Genevieve B.
Genevieve B.

"Pinterest Review"

What do you like best?

I like the user friendly site managing. Pinterest is interesting and I love that they include various ways to use the program for personal use, idea planning, convenient boards to share with friends or colleagues, and the entire layout of the site. Anyone looking to keep their ideas fresh and use a visual representation of them will find no problem using Pinterest.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much I dislike about Pinterest, but maybe the negative connotation given to using it. Main stream social media sites have been given the connotation that using sites like Pinterest make you less interesting than other people that don't use it. I believe that being judged based on a site is unprofessional (seeing as we at the hotel have used Pinterest in the past) and felt it helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it how you will, the site is perfect for planning anything you may think of. Whether it's personal or for business.

We liked sharing ideas through Pinterest since it connects you through Facebook and other social media sites needed for the business. It was a good marketing technique and helped greatly for getting a "look" together for the hotel.

Pinterest review by User in Design
User in Design

"Awesome product for work or home!"

What do you like best?

The quality I like best about Pinterest is the ability to combine all of my interests and work into one creative platform. From my wedding to boards for clients, the vast array of inspiration and ability to store ideas is awesome. I love that I can have everything together and hide whatever boards that I do not want public.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I dislike about interest is my feed. I wish that there was a way to cater it more to my interests and likes. I feel like it is not quite up to par with Instagram in that way. I am not on there enough to want to follow people and the board suggestions that I receive are not my favorite.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Pinterest is an awesome and fun tool! I would highly recommend it for anyone. It has become such a large tool for inspiration, answers and fun.

Pinterest helps with organizing ideas and clients for business. As an Interior Designer it is an awesome tool to separate concepts. I can separate my at home interests and work as well as hide things that I do not want clients or friends to see. It is also a great way to find inspiration!

Pinterest review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Pinterest Review!"

What do you like best?

I use Pinterest daily, whether it's for my professional or personal use. It's an amazing platform for gathering information and inspiration. Creating boards that you can come back to later is my favorite part as I'm constantly referring back to it looking for anything. I've found many new topics & hobbies to further explore just from browsing the homepage and what's trending.

What do you dislike?

There's many links on the website that leads to wrong sites or sites that are advertising fake merchandise (think fake ray bans) that are unappealing and sometimes my Pinterest page gets flooded with them and that can get annoying.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's great for many uses. I'd highly recommend it.

We use Pinterest to gather lots of information and inspiration and it's easy for a team of us to collect our thoughts on one board as like a Mood Board. It allowed us to use things we've found as a starting point and then elevated our designs that more catered our clients.

Pinterest review by Eddie S.
Eddie S.

"Great option for free Professional Development"

What do you like best?

There are a lot of links to ideas for how to go about completing projects, as well as free templates that I've used on a regular basis for project management/task management and tracking.

What do you dislike?

The search function often turns up completely unrelated items to what I'm searching for. This may be more related to the fact that posters mis-tag the pins.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do you like to find free things that will help you improve your internal processes? Then sign up.

It has solved the issue of finding templates or having to pay for them. We've benefited in that we are able to gain knowledge about how others complete similar tasks and improved our processes.

Pinterest review by Lexi J.
Lexi J.

"Best Idea Organization Tool"

What do you like best?

What's not to love?! I love that I can organize into multiple boards to separate thoughts and categories. I also love that Pinterest will let me know if I have pinned something before so I don't repin it.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that you can't rearrange the pins inside a board or that you can't have folders within to increase the organization.

But using Pinterest we are able to connect with our consumers that use Pinterest and want to find more ideas on how to style our products in their lives.

Pinterest review by User in Food & Beverages
User in Food & Beverages

"Pinterest is a Place for Pics"

What do you like best?

I love that pinterest lets me collect pictures from all around the internets to live in one place. It's useful when you're thinking "where did I see that pic" because there's only one place to look!

What do you dislike?

I don't like the way the dashboard is set up...it's like a bad version of the facebook newsfeed in that the pictures are all jumbled and it's hard to wrap your brain around it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for a place to brainstorm, use pinterest! You can get ideas, start to formulate your own ideas, and really get into the nitty gritty of art projects. Our business uses it for tap room ideas. Our tables, light fixtures, bar top, and menu boards have all come from Pinterest in some form!

Collecting all of my brainstorming pictures in one place. I've realized the benefits of collecting all of my pics in one area.

Pinterest review by Ann I.
Ann I.

"Pinterest for days"

What do you like best?

I love that Pinterest allows me to upload and create content. Anytime I find something that I want to read or research more but do not have the time, I save it and go back later. I was thrilled when they allowed more than three "private" boards so I can keep things organized better.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike about Pinterest is how time slips away while I use it!

I use Pinterest for my photography business by creating boards that I am able to share with clients. I show them more of a variety of my editing styles and see what attracts their attention. I also have "tip" boards that I can direct photographers that inquire about how I do things and questions about camera equipment, etc.

Pinterest review by Alison M.
Alison M.

"I use Pinterest for connecting with others and sharing ideas."

What do you like best?

It helps me find contacts and connect with them within Pinterest. Connecting with colleagues allows me to see what they're working on and thinking about, which influences my work and projects. I also like that I can navigate and use Pinterest in both personal and professional venues (my gardening board appears alongside my authoring tools board).

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I see content that I'm not 100% interested in, but it's easy to move on. The app for my iPhone works pretty well, but I don't find it as easy to use as I'd like.

I use Pinterest to connect with others--professionals in my field who are on Pinterest. We share ideas, potential tools to utilize for projects, educational strategies, etc. It's an easy, quick way to connect, share ideas, and learn new ideas.

Pinterest review by Jacqueline B.
Jacqueline B.

"Pinterest- my guilty obsession"

What do you like best?

I love everything about Pinterest. The fact that I am a natural List Maker and planner is probably part of the reason why I can't get enough. I can plan and not forget because Pinterest allows me to organize all these wonderful clothes, recipes, activities, and products the way that makes sense to me. This is seriously how I de-stress from a long day- it's like daydreaming-or window shopping when you're on a very tight budget. Once I've had a good session, I feel like I just outfitted my dream home and a career wardrobe to be envied!

What do you dislike?

Honestly the only thing I can think of is how they don't let you use the back button anymore. You used to be able to scroll down to get "more of the same" type pins which was amazing and exhilarating! You can't do that now for some reason.

Recommendations to others considering the product

So much fun and productive for those who are organized or have bad memories!

I'm using Pinterest for personal use mainly, however I have been able to "pin" and share some of my own business/products online with others.

Pinterest review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Pinterest is a visual way to share ideas and products"

What do you like best?

I like that Pinterest is so user friendly and attractive to all age groups. It mimics the old bulletin board and has allowed people to share ideas for creating things and products even more cohesively. Pinterest has altered the way people share a create.

What do you dislike?

If your image doesn't sell your pin on't be clicked on. Pinterest itself relies entirely on looks and not really text to sell ideas. You could have a great idea or product but it can be easy to misrepresent what you offer on pinterest.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Really great way to integrate a blog for more social media exposure. Also free so if you don't like it, you don't lose anything by trying it out.

Free social media following, as well as a way to interact with customers.

Pinterest review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Great for Casual, B2C Clients Looking for a Personal Connection with Customers"

What do you like best?

Pinterest is a personal and frankly fairly casual mood-and-inspiration-board that also acts as a casual social network. I like to use it for clients who are directly B2C - and sometimes a B2B with a more casual feel - because it allows a personal connection with potential customers. For instance, a homebuilder can utilize Pinterest and pin items like kitchen renovations or floor plans and find customers from the area who are interested in making changes to their homes or even searching for a homebuilder in the area. It helps to build long-term connections.and is great for early networking with potential leads!

What do you dislike?

There's no real direct reward for it - you could be followed by a particular client for years without them actually utilizing your services. It's mostly just "for fun", with a possible side benefit, and the investment in time may not be worth it for some companies if they don't have the time or if their clients aren't paying for the extra time spent on Pinterest.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to keep your pins generally within the realm of potential customers' interests. Make things casual and fun but don't get TOO personal. And double-check to ensure you're logged in to the correct account!

Basically, we utilize it almost entirely for building authentic personal connections with our clients' potential customers, and I've realized some nice personal benefits - customers leaving comments on FB letting our clients know how much they loved this particular pin, or "Could you do a (customized vehicle) like this for us?" I also think it coul dbe really useful for some companies, like those who build homes or pools or kitchens, to get a good idea of what their customers are looking for.

Pinterest review by Whitney J.
Whitney J.

"WE LOVE PINTEREST! "

What do you like best?

I love how it consolidates hours of searching the web for the right recipe, or craft & puts it all in one place!

What do you dislike?

The notifications for other people pinning. I can't make them go away, and I don't like seeing the notifications. It comes up in my feed, and shouldn't have to notify me when people pin things unrelated to my account.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out! It's been fantastic to us!

Pinterest helps us advertise through our own pins, and it helps us to create new ideas for our company.

Pinterest review by User in Law Practice
User in Law Practice

"Mood/idea boards that I actually use!"

What do you like best?

I like the little icon in my browser toolbar for pinning items. It makes it so simple! I also love secret boards and being able to share boards with other contributors.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that a lot of times pins lead to the wrong page or to just an image. I feel like there should be some sort of standard for what can be pinned/shared.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Love Pinterest! It's free, so give it a try!

I usually use Pinterest for client brands. I keep them secret and then when I stumble across something online or see something that sparks an idea, I can keep everything all in one place for later.

Pinterest review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Good way to waste time "

What do you like best?

Great for wasting time and finding inspiration for things when you're super low on ideas. It also helps to find tutorials for different tasks, which can definitely help for creative work.

What do you dislike?

I feel like I have to click through too many times to get to the source link of an image/see the full story that a pin is referring to - I wish that when you clicked open the pin to enlarge it, it provided more information in that preview screen, rather than making me click through a bunch of times to leave pinterest

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very easy to get distracted with and can be counter productive if you have no direction for you projects- be sure to use it as more of a spring board than a total starting point

Good way to create and share mood boards/design inspiration and it also is great for collaborative boards when working with a group on a design project

Pinterest review by User in Publishing
User in Publishing

"Great for wasting time, but also legit research"

What do you like best?

The website and app are incredibly easy to use. I especially like the tag-word recommendations that show up at the top of the page while searching, which makes me feel like the interface will help whittle my search down to exclude things I'm not actually looking for, and lead me to only what is relevant at the moment.

What do you dislike?

I HATE that I can't just search the Pinterest website, in full, on my phone. I don't always have the available memory on my phone to keep the app on the "desktop," but would love to be able to check things on Pinterest on the go.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Help build Pinterest into something more than just beauty and fashion! I wish it spanned out to other industries as well.

When we use Pinterest for business purposes, it's often to look at and compare design or color quality for other publishers. Sometimes Pinterest is used for poster design, or else for smaller design elements for when we have larger events like our gala. Rarely, though it would be nice to have it happen more, we use Pinterest to see how other publishers and books are being represented on the Pinterest platform, if at all.

Pinterest review by Lisa S.
Lisa S.

"Love/hate relationship with Pinterest"

What do you like best?

Pinterest is a phenomenal tool to organize and save multiple pictures and website bookmarks in self-determined categories. It's a great place to find new recipes or craft projects. It's also the easiest way to plan a wedding I've found.

What do you dislike?

It's easy to save an ovewhelming amount of information and make your own "boards" confusing. It's also easy to feel like everyone in the world is making these perfect projects because they've pinned 1000 perfect school lunches and you barely get your kid out of the house with shoes on.

Recommendations to others considering the product

So easy to use that it's easy to become overwhelmed after discovering you've saved too much information. It's a phenomenal tool but it can easily become overwhelming.

I don't use Pinterest for business--it's primarily for personal use. With that said, if I had a design-related job or one where I needed to save and categorize websites, Pinterest would be a good tool.

Pinterest review by User in Alternative Medicine
User in Alternative Medicine

"no customer service "

What do you like best?

it's fun to play with and to post images with links to where to buy as well as recipes

What do you dislike?

i had some problems where i can not take down one of my accounts and there is no customer service or limited customer service to take it down. also if you have multiple accounts you have to contact them about each account and they give you a hint about which email you used.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try to keep only one account and make it lucrative for your business - ie - show what your business can do so they can click on an image and go to your website

It's a good way to get customers and show products

Pinterest review by Judea H.
Judea H.

"Creating new possibilities "

What do you like best?

I love how I can go on Pinterest and find different things for my classroom, students and other teachers in the classroom.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, I try to save different pictures to my pins and they freeze and i cant find them again.

I use it everyday for my classroom activities. Its a real benefit to everyone I work with because it takes us to sites to help expand our lesson planning in the classroom.

Pinterest review by User in Arts and Crafts
User in Arts and Crafts

"Awesome way to keep track of interests"

What do you like best?

Pinterest is great for being able to keep track of the things you like to do. I like being able to separate interests by category. I also like being able to do a search to find a specific pin.

What do you dislike?

This isn't really a function of Pinterest but I don't like if I have pinned something and I go back to the link in the pin and the website is no longer active. So I have learned that if the link is something that has information or pictures that I know for sure I will want in the future, I save the information in some form or another (print, copy and paste photos, etc.).

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Pinterest for anyone who loves visuals and who wants to keep everything in one place.

I have been able to get creative inspiration from Pinterest.

Pinterest review by Erin R.
Erin R.

"I LOVE PINTEREST"

What do you like best?

I love how many things I can PIN on Pinterest. I like the recommendations they have not too.

What do you dislike?

That they changed the PIN button to save...its called PINterest for a reason, it makes it confusing now.

I am not sharing my own content along with others that help my business in a positive way. I share outfit ideas for photoshoot.

Pinterest review by Daniel M.
Daniel M.

"It's more that social it's sharable creativity "

What do you like best?

The amount of information and ideas is unlimited. There is something for everyone of every age. You search for what you are looking for and on top of giving you that it gives you more ideas of how to branch out.

What do you dislike?

Is a lot of information and really disorganized. You can start at looking at car ideas and end up on a vegetarian dish.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I wouldn't know where to start except to just say jump in and see where the water splashes.

Allowing creativity to spring and using what others have tried to get different results.

Pinterest review by Administrator

"I still don't get Pinterest"

What do you like best?

That it is pretty easy to use and great for small businesses who are just starting out and don't have a huge budget for advertising. I also like the layout options that they have for ads and the wide and diverse audience it reaches.

What do you dislike?

That if you do not want their app on mobile or want to log in it is very annoying to navigate. It is also a little confusing if you are trying to edit your current ad. I usually end up finding things by accident and then I don't remember where they were later on.

Recommendations to others considering the product

To spend a lot of time on it making your products be known.

I am working on getting the word out about my new, ecommerce site. It has helped some, all advertising is good advertising.

Pinterest review by Barry M.
Barry M.

"If your content is visual, Pinterest is the go-to social media platform."

What do you like best?

Pinterest is an easy-to-use and VERY powerful social platform that allows visual content to be easily shared and promoted.

What do you dislike?

Like any other social platform, Pinterest depends on users to decide your content is valuable before it becomes valuable. Similarly, if you don't invest in creating good visual content, you won't see good results.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sign up, begin using it and get a grip on how it works before you begin trying to promote your own content.

We are able to share lots of good content by spending a bit of time with good images and interesting basic descriptions.

Pinterest review by Kevin C.
Kevin C.

"Simple software, does the job"

What do you like best?

I started to use Pinterest for display my professional photos online for advertisement and viewing. It does it's job well. It is very organized and easy to use. I never had a problem with it, it uploads to the website and display it well.

What do you dislike?

None of my friends uses it. It doesn't feel useful to me if I don't have my audience.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep value to your core audience

Honestly, nothing wrong with Pinterest but I don't have anyone in my immediate circle using it, I might upload a picture rarely just to see how many hits I get.

Pinterest review by User

"Pinterest"

What do you like best?

What I like best about Pinterest is the ease of putting up pictures and filling in the detailed information. Pinterest buttons are everywhere now so it's easy to save something to your page.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike about Pinterest is I've had some difficulty adding another board to an existing page. The website has frozen a few times with glitches.

Pinterest is used by an enormous amount of people so it is a reliable channel to get to your target market or research a new target market for your products or services.

Pinterest review by Vicki F.
Vicki F.

"Helps Grow My Social Presence"

What do you like best?

Pinterest is not only easy, but fun to use. It's easy to organize material and make that material available to readers.

What do you dislike?

I can't really think of anything I dislike. It would be nice if it were easier to create custom "cover" graphics for each board that I have so that everything looks cleaner. I.E. a "sticky" or "pinned" graphic that would always show as the "cover".

Pinterest is a great way to engage readers with my content and to grow a social media and blog presence. It's fun for readers and keeps them interested.

Pinterest review by Paul L.
Paul L.

"Great Way To Show Your Interests"

What do you like best?

I like how Pinterest provides a way to search, find & then show graphically all the different categories of interests.

What do you dislike?

The only minus may be that you can get so distracted by all the pretty images found that it'll become counter productive to your work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend Pinterest to everyone because there's really nothing out there that offers this free tool.

Pinterest is a great way to share your interests with others and also graphically organize & keep them to go back and see them at a later date.

Pinterest review by User in Higher Education

"Pinterest: Bringing Vision Boards to Life"

What do you like best?

I love everything about this platform. I like that it can link me to resources, recipes, articles, and etc that I find interesting and what to keep. It also serves as a place where I can get more inspiration or am looking to be more creative.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that some times the links don't work or are not connected to the appropriate link that actually corresponds with the picture.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to test all of your links before actually saving them to your page.

I have helped other professionals in my industry to find material that will inspire them to learn something new, find that idea they have been looking for, or plan the places that they want to visit when in town for that next conference.

Pinterest review by Nicole J.
Nicole J.

"I love using it for personal things like food and workouts. But it has also helped me with my job. "

What do you like best?

I like that it starts to figure out what I like and suggest more things like it.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that there are always so many notifications. I just want it to be personal to me and not clog up my phone with pointless notifications.

For work it is really nice to pin outfits or hair that is nice for news reporters on TV. It has also helped me when I am reporting on a person to look them up and see what they are interested in.

Pinterest review by Isabel H.
Isabel H.

"I tried to keep up on pinterest but its too overhwelming for me"

What do you like best?

I like that you can find lots of inspiration for trying new things - if its crafts or recipes. Its kind of neat to browse around.

What do you dislike?

It feels too overwhelming to me. Also, when finding things I like, its often difficult to find the link for the actual instructions of whatever people posted. I, personally have trouble keeping up with it.

Its a different target market to reach. For that it is nice. I am not sure I have seen much benefits in regards to my business.

Learning about Pinterest?

* We monitor all Pinterest reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.