Pinterest

A content sharing service that allows members to "pin" images, videos and other objects to their pinboard.

Work for Pinterest?

Learning about Pinterest?

Pinterest Reviews

Showing 105 Pinterest reviews
Pinterest review by <span>Sarah R.</span>
Sarah R.

Favorite website for event planning

What do you like best?

Pinterest is extremely visually appealing! It makes researching ideas and displaying them to others a seamless process. Instead of scouring the internet for a visual representation of your perfect idea, you simply type a couple key words into the Pinterest search bar and the Pinterest user base is sure to have it. In addition to helping you make your own ideas tangible, Pinterest is a fantastic tool for thinking of new ideas/ brainstorming.

What do you dislike?

Some websites are not compatible with the "Pin it" button which makes it difficult to pin from them. This can be disappointing and frustrating; in order to go around this you can download the image and upload it but the issue with this is that it will not be a linked image for future use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely try it out and see how you like the interface. Also, make sure to follow boards of people you like so that you can go onto your own timeline and get new ideas easily. Don't forget to separate your pins into boards for simplified access to your ideas.

Event planning ideas

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Pinterest
Pinterest review by <span>Grace M.</span>
Grace M.

Pinterest: best way to collect and share bits & bobs online

What do you like best?

I love how easy Pinterest is to use, and how easy it is to share your boards. It's such a user-friendly experience.

What do you dislike?

The only real gripe I have with Pinterest is that when you have the extension on your browser, if often ends up showing ou a button on your screen that is in the way of other things. For example, you can hover over an image and see the Add to Pinterest icon, and it can keep you from being able to close it or enter text into a box. This doesn't happen all that often, however.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think Pinterest is a great tool and it can be used in ways that wouldn't necessarily be obvious. For example, it can be used to build and share business ideas/resources among or between teams.

Pinterest solves the business problem of allowing easy sharing of many different kinds of images/links between people/teams.

What Social Networks solution do you use?

Pinterest review by <span>Steph C.</span>
Steph C.

Great way to drive traffic to your site!

What do you like best?

It doesn't take a whole lot of effort to pin things on pinterest, and if you add social share buttons to your website your site visitors can help you out by saving pins from your site, too! Love that it's one of my biggest referral sites in analytics, second to google.

What do you dislike?

You gotta remember to pin or else it doesn't help you any. Sometimes I'll forget for a while, and then there's just so much good stuff to keep on top of. Also, the nature of any social media beast... things change and it takes a bit of work to keep up with what the most current best practices and most effective strategies are.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go through every page of your website and make sure there's images on every page. That way site visitors can save pages of your site to pinterest, which helps drive more traffic! Don't forget to utilize the new featured boards on your profile - I'm using it to call the most attention to my illustration portfolio page, which really puts my artwork front and center.

This site is a great way to get the word out about an art biz like mine - sharing images on pinterest, you can find a whole new audience that didn't know about you before!

Pinterest review by <span>Leeon P.</span>
Leeon P.

Useful, but limited function and not intuitive

What do you like best?

Pinterest provides the ability to "pin" pictures from other web sites or upload pictures from local media. These pictures can be placed into categories/albums for future reference and sharing with other people. Community collaboration is openly available through comments for each post.

What do you dislike?

There is no protection functionality to prevent others from stealing images stored in a user account. Along those same lines, Pinterest makes it too easy to steal other peoples work. The browser plug-in for Pinterest allows users to easily add pictures from another web site to their own profile.

The site navigation is a little difficult, along the likes of Twitter and a few other social sites that do not have intuitive interfaces. The site has gotten better over the last year, but it still could use improvement.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As much as the Pinterest's site is simple, it lacks an intuitive interface. Patience and looking around is necessary to get to learn how to manage it. Be aware that any images that are uploaded are not protected by their interface.

When coupled with mobile apps and web site plug-ins, such as for WordPress or on tablet computers, Photographers can simplify sharing their portfolio.

Pinterest review by Consultant

Hands down one of the best references and tools

What do you like best?

There isn't a subject or item I can't find or learn about on Pinterest

What do you dislike?

I guess I wish I could integrate it with a program to make a list of items needed when finding recipes.

I can find recipes for diets that appeal to every walk of life. I have enclosed screen shots of my LinkedIn profile. You can see where it states I am a health coach. The name of my company/website is Get your healthy life. So, I have my health coach Pinterest page which displays any type of healing options I use as well as hints to better health. I also put personal pinned pages together for clients according to diet. I formulate meal plans this way. This way if the need recipe ideas I provide them this way. I hope you can understand now that I do indeed use it for business because it is full of different recipes my clients can use.

Pinterest review by <span>Lisa T.</span>
Lisa T.

Getting Better

What do you like best?

I can find DIY instructions for what I am trying to do and have a place to keep these things "bookmarked".

What do you dislike?

I often see photos that are offensive and not consistent with my search criteria and can't have my children looking over my shoulder.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have young ones and are careful on what they see, you may not want them looking over your shoulder while on there. Women in underwear will randomly pop up when you are searching for acrylic paintings of trees. Go figure.

It helps me come up with ideas for painting or poses for photography.

Learning about Pinterest?

* We monitor all Pinterest reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.