PitchBook

Ask PitchBook a Question
Showing 19 PitchBook reviews
PitchBook review by <span>Christopher P.</span>
Christopher P.

Most efficient way to get accurate, current venture data

What do you like best?

My firm uses Pitchbook first when assessing a potential deal to look at comparable deals in similar markets as well as to understand what deal terms were for similar deals. It is both fast and accurate and helps us with critical decision making around funding related to certain deals.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there is very little data around angel deals. The more we use Pitchbook the more I wish this part of the platform were complete. I also wish there were better platform training and support to learn how to best leverage all the aggregated data. Even after using it for over a year I'm confident we are still only scratching the surface.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I strongly recommend it, especially if you are making any investment decision for your firm.

Understanding which deals have had investment and what the structure was for each deal, as well as

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about PitchBook
PitchBook review by <span>Paul D.</span>
Paul D.

A great platform for startup companies

What do you like best?

PitchBook has been tremendously valuable in helping our startup company develop and execute a plan for financing our company. The quality of the information is quite good, especially when one considers how dynamic the financing marketplace is. Startups change daily, investors do to. PitchBook manages to stay quite accurate even in this fast moving environment.

What do you dislike?

The fact that as a small company we can't get multiple logon accounts. We are all working on the same objective of getting our company financed, yet all PitchBook use it tied to my (CEO) laptop. This does not allow me to distribute some of the workload to other members of my staff or my advisors.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The quality of the data and the committment of the support staff have been very good.

PitchBook is helping our company develop a strategy for financing our company.

What Market Intelligence solution do you use?

PitchBook review by User in Venture Capital & Private Equity
User in Venture Capital & Private Equity

Very helpful software platform for reviewing companies

What do you like best?

I love that they have post-money valuation information - you literally can't get this with any other software platform.

What do you dislike?

I don't love that the platform is sometimes missing companies. I'm often submitting companies to them to add to their research. They could potentially improve the platform with contact information.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd think about your typical use case. Are you looking at private equity or venture capital deals? If you're looking at later stage PE deals, CAPIQ might be the better option, but otherwise Pitchbook is a much stronger product

Understanding the funding status and valuation information of companies that we may be looking to invest in or partner with

PitchBook review by User

PitchBook: M&A, Private Equity & Venture Capital Database

What do you like best?

It is an excellent platform for database management, M & A, has an excellent support team, in my case use the application for a short time because I do not handle much in that area, but it is very safe and easy to use, the good thing is that You can make comments about information collected by other users, always and when the information is published

What do you dislike?

Sincerely I have no complaints, the application is used for a short time and it seemed very good, the only thing to improve would be the time to access the data, sometimes demroa a little

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend it to the maximum, excellent for handling and analyzing large amounts of data

It helped me in analyzing a lot of information about my work

PitchBook review by <span>Kyle L.</span>
Kyle L.

Leading platform for industry data and almost necessary for successful PE Firms.

What do you like best?

Pitchbook provides an in depth platform with data that is found almost nowhere else on the web. From doing diligence on private comparables to sourcing information on capital providers, Pitchbook provides a one stop shop for data geared towards PE and VC groups.

What do you dislike?

The price is rather high, but for funds should be worth it. The access to segment and target capital providers should easily pay for the annual subscription costs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The company offers a trial period in which users can easily test the software for a few days. Additionally, the sales team provides demos that showcase the depth and breadth of the platform.

Pitchbook allows us to gather information about private companies and their industry comparables. This includes identifying trends in exit opportunities, current multiples, and add-on opportunities. Additionally, Pitchbook provides a robust database of capital providers assisting with fundraising efforts by identifying realistic partners and contact information.

PitchBook review by <span>Jatin M.</span>
Jatin M.

Pitchbook : Easy to use

What do you like best?

Pitchbook has a very friendly interface and can be learnt by anyone quicker than other softwares that perform the same function.

What do you dislike?

The market intelligence features aren’t as developed as Capiq.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you do not need too advanced features choose pitchbook as it is more user friendly and cheaper than Capiq.

Ability to get real time market data and insights to help companies make more informed decisions

Learning about PitchBook?

* We monitor all PitchBook reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.