Pixlr Editor

With PIXLR Editor, you have full control over your images - including layers and effects.

Work for Pixlr Editor?

Learning about Pixlr Editor?

Pixlr Editor Reviews

Showing 17 Pixlr Editor reviews
Pixlr Editor review by Alex C.
Alex C.

"Best online Editor tool - Pixlr Express"

What do you like best?

The best part about Pixlr editor is you can use it anywhere around the globe, you just need and simple internet connection and a system with any operating system and Browser. Simple Graphical User interface and effectiveness makes Pixlr Editor best among all online Image editor available on the internet. not only the JPEG but you can edit RAW images in Pixlr which I like the most.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes you can't work correctly as Image is too high in resolution else Pixlr is best for everyone nothing to dislike

Recommendations to others considering the product

I can surely recommend to every Photographer with No budget as this is free tool and best alternative of Adobe Photoshop to work with.

Being a Photography blogger you have lots of work with Images weather is Raw or JPEG, thanks to Pixlr Editor whichever the place it may be I can easily my Graphics editing work and make client Happy.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Pixlr Editor
Pixlr Editor review by Aprajeeta S.
Aprajeeta S.

"Speed up Editing work with Pixlr Editor"

What do you like best?

if you are handy with Photoshop and searching for free alternative you must switch to Pixlr Editor as this tool is free and a newbie can understand it just in no time. the best part is it has a very Effective and easy interface. vast editing option makes it mighty editor over the internet. also, Pixlr is compatible with every operating system and browsers.

What do you dislike?

Pop up ads and banner ads are so much annoying else there is nothing That I dislike about Pixlr Editor.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes, Must... just with bit technical graphics designing knowledge you are good to go with Pixlr editor which is the most favorable online editor to work with.

as a Non-Graphic designer, we don't have that much graphic designing knowledge, Editing Images for Social Media campaign is very easy just grab URL image directly from our cloud storage and make changes in it.

What Photo Editing solution do you use?

Pixlr Editor review by Keval R.
Keval R.

"Best alternative for Photoshop"

What do you like best?

Pixlr is an incredible option in contrast to Photoshop. It enables you to utilize a few similar highlights without purchasing the expensive program. It likewise works inside your program so there's no compelling reason to download a program or application.

What do you dislike?

One of the destructions of Pixlr is the powerlessness to spare organizations or settings. In Photoshop, I can make an activity to consequently resize a photograph. This choice isn't accessible in Pixlr. I likewise despise the extensive advertisements that were as of late put on the correct side of the interface.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sure, I will suggest to my other friends to use it.

Its incredible in case I'm working from another PC that doesn't have my normal Adobe Suite introduced. I can simply pop onto Pixlr and I realize that I'll have the capacity to make nappy changes.

Pixlr Editor review by Hanil M.
Hanil M.

"A perfect alternative for Photoshop"

What do you like best?

Being an Accountant, I don't know much about deigning much. I have to create some good creatives for festivals every month and having a basic knowledge of Photoshop I am able to create and edit images with Pixlr Editor even if I don't have Photoshop installed in my PC.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the advertisements shown on screen while editing images become irritating. Otherwise there is nothing that I dislike about the functioning of Pixlr Editor.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Pixlr Editor is a perfect alternative of Photoshop.

We have designers to create professional images but when the designer is on leave and some urgent changes are required on the image, Pixlr Editor is really helpful to us. I just have to open the raw file of the image in Pixlr Editor and then I can make respective changes.

Pixlr Editor review by Rima H.
Rima H.

"Excellent Photo Editor "

What do you like best?

I like the fact that I don't need to install any software on my computer , the software is online and excellent free alternative to expensive photo editors . The online program has the basic features needed to edit any photo and is very easy to use with little training . You are able to save your work online and edit later from any computer with internet access.

What do you dislike?

The software is flash based and I recommend installing latest browser to use . The software may not have extra filters and features that expensive photo editing software has but it is excellent relative to the price

Pixler editor gave us the solution to be able to edit the photo with not cost and the ability to save our work online

Pixlr Editor review by Krupali M.
Krupali M.

"Online Photoshop Alternative"

What do you like best?

Pixlr has always helped me in completing my image editing tasks when I don't have Adobe Photoshop installed in remote PC. The thing that I like the most about Adobe Pixlr is that we can use all the keyboard shortcuts that we use in other desktop software.

What do you dislike?

Using Pixlr Editor requires prior technical knowledge. Also, the outlook is a bit clumsy as it shows advertisements.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Every graphic designer and someone with bit editing technical knowledge must use this editor.

Recently I was out of office and my client wanted some edits in the image that I shared before. Thankfully I had my laptop and internet connection. I quickly opened Pixlr editor and made respective changes. Client Happy, Me Happy ;)

Pixlr Editor review by Akash S.
Akash S.

"Most Effective tool to Improve Designing Excellence"

What do you like best?

Talking about the best point is Pixlr Editor is the Most Favourable Browsed based tool which you don't need to install in your System, the most powerful Photoshop alternative tool on which you have all the control on your hand including Templates, layers, and effects. Pixlr Editor Provides all the required tools like Brushes, Cloning, Filters, etc. quite effective for me.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes filters Do not work properly on the image, else there is No point to dislike this awesome tool

Recommendations to others considering the product

Recommend to Everyone to Improve their knowledge in Graphical Designing, In addition, You can save your work in PSD File as well.

Being Social Media Marketing Executive, I have to work with lots of Social media Images campaign and ads, So It is handy for me to use Pixlr Editor which is easy online editor provides all the required tools which I need. Thanks to Pixlr Editor we don't want to wait for Graphics designer we use to manage it by ourselves.

Pixlr Editor review by Rick P.
Rick P.

"No substitute for professional desktop photo editors"

What do you like best?

Pixlr provides a free, cloud-based photo editor than allows you to quickly create and share simple graphics and to edit photos. Sorry, but, "it's free", is the best I can do. Oh, there's also a Chrome app, which seems superfluous.

What do you dislike?

To be honest, I have a hard time understanding for whom this product would be a good fit. It's free, sure, but pirating the big apps like Photoshop seems so rampant while at the same time on the other end amazing and inexpensive tools like Affinity Photo (and Designer), both of which I paid for, use, and highly recommend, are easily available for the big platforms, I can't think of a single reason to use this other than to tinker with what seems mostly like an experiment for no-longer-cutting-edge web/interactive technologies.

No one who cares about typography, which is to say any serious designer, would be even remotely interested in using Pixlr. I have yet to be able to get Pixler to store my uploaded fonts from session to session, for example. The free fonts are inadequate, to say the least.

If you want to quickly apply trendy or useful filters, there are better solutions, such as Lightroom or VSCO and both have mobile apps.

Also, it's written in Flash, ugh, so how much longer is it going to stick around anyway?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Pony up for paid applications.

I can see no benefits from using this product over other freely available products.

Pixlr Editor review by Aprajeeta S.
Aprajeeta S.

"A must tool for creative writers & graphic lovers"

What do you like best?

Easy UI and editing options that make anyone easier to learn and use subsequently. Being a writer, at times it gets tough for me to search to get the perfect image each time. But, Pixlr makes it easier to arrange write and get it arranged on an image and post it. With an app of Pixlr editor, I am able to manage posting my thoughts and drafting them as image even while traveling. Unlike other editing software here I can add text as well and this don't make me work only on the desktop. So, I prefer this can be a helpful tool for the writers out there.

What do you dislike?

In the app there is restriction that only that set of words could be added, I never counted but it's somewhere around 240 or 280 characters, this creates trouble. Sometimes, managing the size of content in the app this way turns problematic.

Since Pixlr editor's app can work within your phone, it's easier to work while traveling. This eliminates the need of distinct writing app, photo editing and photo collage apps, for sure it saves mobile memory. With easy UI, even a newbie can use it, so it easy for me to use it.

Pixlr Editor review by Mittal S.
Mittal S.

"Most Favorable Image Editing tool"

What do you like best?

The Best part is you don't need to download this as this is the best URL and Adobe flash based on the go Online Editor which is the best alternative to every Image Editing tool such as Photoshop, Lightroom. Whether you are a beginner or an intermediate you can satisfy your Graphic design need using this tool

What do you dislike?

There is No Point to Dislike Pixlr Editor as this is best Free Online Editor I've seen which provides all most all the tones alternative to Photoshop.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Everyone can easily use this online editor, Whatever the Field you are in You must try this to improve your graphics designing work. If you regular user of Photoshop you find that Pixlr menu is almost similar.

As a Graphic designer, You have to try lots of tools to check which perfectly fits you, Pixlr is my priority for editing work as I can add the filter in just one click, quite a fun for me. moreover, you don't need to register to use Pixlr Editor.

Pixlr Editor review by Fred A.
Fred A.

"Powerful Photo Editing Tool That Is Free Too? Unbelieveable"

What do you like best?

I like that Pixlr has so many editing tools available for the savy photo editor.

What do you dislike?

The amount of available tools can be a little overwhelming and may not be easily understood by the novice. A little Youtube watching will have you making stunning images like a pro.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for a way to edit your photos economically then you won't be disappointed. If you are hoping to use some of the more advanced features, be prepared to watch some videos on Youtube to help you figure things out.

Modifying images from an article by combining them with an image template that is set up just for a Facebook image.

Pixlr Editor review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"The BEST"

What do you like best?

I will scream my love of Pixlr from the rooftops. Before I had access to Photoshop, I would use this, and let me tell you it is the absolute closest you're going to get to Photoshop. AND no download required.

What do you dislike?

The keyboard shortcuts that you're used to using on photoshop don't usually transfer over to Pixlr. Last time I used it, it also didn't yet have the ability to open Photoshop files. That improvement would push Pixlr absolutely over the top. But for now, Pixlr is in it's own little ecosystem, which is wonderful until you need to leave it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you create and log in to an account before you start your design. You'll be able to save your working files as Pixlr docs and you'll be able to go back in later and make changes.

Its great if I'm working from another computer that doesn't have my regular Adobe Suite installed. I can just pop onto Pixlr and I know that I'll be able to make quick tweaks.

Pixlr Editor review by User

"Great Photoshop Substitution"

What do you like best?

Pixlr is a great alternative to Photoshop. It allows you to use several of the same features without having to buy the pricey program. It also works within your browser so there's no need to download a program or app.

What do you dislike?

One of the downfalls of Pixlr is the inability to save formats or settings. In Photoshop, I can create an action to automatically resize a photo. This option isn't available in Pixlr. I also dislike the large ads that were recently placed on the right side of the interface.

The ability to easily edit and resize photos from anywhere whether or not I have access to Photoshop.

Pixlr Editor review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Pixlr Editor Is An Excellent and Easy Image Editor"

What do you like best?

The online Pixlr Editor has comparable features to Adobe Photoshop, but can be accessed online for free. While the other Pixlr software costs money, I've found that the free version has a surprising number of options.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice to be able to copy and paste image layers from images copied from outside of the program (instead of having to import the image, then copy it and paste it into another image as a layer). The online nature of the program presumably requires a strong internet connection, and the editor needs to be careful to not close out of the window, although I've never personally lost my work.

I use Pixlr to create images and banners for online articles. It's a free and easy equivalent to Adobe Photoshop.

Pixlr Editor review by Rekey J.
Rekey J.

"Love it"

What do you like best?

It let's me write inspirational quotes and upgrade my content.

What do you dislike?

I hate when it cuts off some of my text when I try stretching them larger.

Make my post stand out more when I use this program.

Pixlr Editor review by User in Entertainment
User in Entertainment

"Good for being free"

What do you like best?

It's a great alternative to paid-for programs and fairly easy to use

What do you dislike?

It's so slow with all the ads and requires flash every time

Able to redact, edit, and crop to provide necessary information to appropriate departments

Pixlr Editor review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Does what you need"

What do you like best?

Free basic photoshop capabilities

If you know photoshop it’s pretty similar

What do you dislike?

It’s not very user friendly

It’s not the greatest interface aesthetically and doesn’t feel that modern

I need to crop photos

Learning about Pixlr Editor?

* We monitor all Pixlr Editor reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.