Want to see who topped the 2019 Best Software Awards?

PL Rating

(10 reviews)

PL Rating insurance comparative rater.

Work for PL Rating?

Learning about PL Rating?

PL Rating Reviews

Ask PL Rating a Question
Showing 10 PL Rating reviews
PL Rating review by Sagar R.
Sagar R.

"PL Rating, tough competitor to EzLynx"

What do you like best?

I am working for insurance agency for over 10 years and we have been using EzLynx for over 9 years. I just came across PL Rating 1 month back when I started working for another agency. At first, it was new territory for me, so I was taken back with its different UI (compared to EzLynx). I started learning it and with more practice I mastered it (almost) over next 3 weeks. Now when I look back, I realize it was easy all along. It just was my mindset about using different system (EzLynx)

Now I can say that PL Rating is very easy to use quote rating system. And if you use AMS360, then its best combo. They work hand-in-hand together. Best thing about PL Rating is that it doesn't ask hundreds of questions (unlike EzLynx) and you have to fill up very few pages, in order to submit your quote. If you export existing customer from AMS360, then most of the information is filled up automatically. All you need to do is fill up missing information and submit it. On the top it, PL Rating has built-in features integrated like Replacement-cost calculation, Auto & Property CLUE ordering within the system itself, how cool is that!! You can review quote directly on carrier website with just simple click after its been submitted. Creating a package quote or standalone quotes is piece of cake in PL Rating. Also you can create a copies of quote and resubmit with another information if you need to. PL Rating offers so many such useful features which lacks in EzLynx.

What do you dislike?

Only cons I can think of PL Rating is that, it does not allow multiple sessions of single user (unlike EzLynx). One user can login only once at a time. You need to setup another user if you need to access it at the same time. EzLynx allows 3 sessions of single user which comes handy sometimes.

Faster turnout time for quoting. Easy to learn & navigate interface. Seamless integration with AMS360

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about PL Rating
PL Rating review by Deidre R.
Deidre R.

"Pl Rating Fastest rating for Auto and homeowners"

What do you like best?

I like that we are able to obtain all auto estimates at one time versus having to quote each carrier separately which take more time. The bridge over with our carriers are a life saver.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there may be an error with a carrier that I may have to rate outside of PL rating. Other than that they're aren't any real issues to complain about that Vertafore can not help fix.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The program designed to save time needed to service your client efficiently. No issues with the program. We primarily use for our auto carriers. The program has been a life saver. It only takes at most 10-15 to complete or less an estimate for the client. Give it a try.

Efficiency! In this business you need immediate responses. We are ale to provide superior service with fast responses. PL rating helps with that.

What Insurance Compliance solution do you use?

PL Rating review by User in Insurance
User in Insurance

"Pl Rating review"

What do you like best?

I like that we can input our customer information 1 time, and get quotes from all our carriers. I like that we can package them auto/home together to see a full overlook of the entire account.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes we aren't able to get quotes. The carriers wont rate and we have to then go into that company directly. I also don't like that sometimes even when you answer certain underwriting questions, that it still changes that on the actual quote. Example, we may say monthly billing, but the quote that comes up is a full pay.

Faster turnaround times for getting quotes for customer. New reports that let us run sales, cancellations, production for our office.

"Pl Rater for Auto Only"

What do you like best?

That you have to enter information one time with several carriers and when you export it that will go to the website and have it in there already.

What do you dislike?

The rates that are through PL rater are not accurate, and you still have to go to the Company website to see what the final rate will be after CLUE reports are ran. Also I wish we could do homeowner quotes through Pl Rater but it's too complicated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Let us rate homeowners and adjust the auto rates to be more accurate.

You only have to enter info 1 time.

PL Rating review by Agency in Insurance
Agency in Insurance

"QUOTING TOOL FOR INSURANCE AGENTS"

What do you like best?

It accepts downloads from our client database (Hawksoft) so is a time saver.

What do you dislike?

has strange hangups that are difficult to get past... like territory on home quotes. if you get an error back from one of the carriers you are trying to quote, might as well go to the carrier to quote manually because it's too time confusing to figure out how to fix it on verafore.

Recommendations to others considering the product

better than FSC but not sure what else is out there

quoting multiple carriers at once

PL Rating review by User in Insurance
User in Insurance

"Easy to use, but lacking options!"

What do you like best?

Competitive rating, pulls data from policy application (AMS360 integration) and incorporates 4-6 big carriers. Saves time and repetitive data entry!

What do you dislike?

Only allows quoting for auto and Home with limitations, no trailers, toys, etc. and a max of four vehicles on a single auto quote.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It’s a great program and easily integrates with AMS360, will work great for small personal lines accounts so it really depends on the type of policies your agency carries.

Rating quickly and efficiently with data already in AMS

PL Rating review by Christopher Ryan A.
Christopher Ryan A.

"Excellent Tool"

What do you like best?

The ease of the tool and also how well it fit in with my workflow.

What do you dislike?

At times the tool doesn't work on my mobile which could be annoying.

Basically putting more efficient steps in my process. At times a bit longer, closing prospects is more efficient.

PL Rating review by User in Financial Services

"Time saver"

What do you like best?

As a full service insurance agency everything is almost always time sensitive and PL rating makes quoting with multiple carriers easy and fast.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the website can glitch or you can sometimes get seemingly inaccurate information but most of the time there are no problems

We are saving time and able to close deals more often

PL Rating review by User

"Improving but still needs work"

What do you like best?

Ease of use & help features next to questions are very helpful! Hi

What do you dislike?

Glitchy & hard to manage settings. I really dislike how hard it is to go back and fix a mistake.

It allows us to quote one person with multiple companies all at once. This speeds up our work flow.

"Easy"

What do you like best?

Once you get the hang of using this switching from out old system to this it is pretty self explanatory

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I really can say I dislike.

It connects right to our data system, AMS 360.

Learning about PL Rating?

* We monitor all PL Rating reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
PL Rating