Placester

3.1

Placester helps real estate professionals increase sales and profits through beautiful, search engine-optimized websites and online marketing tools.

Work for Placester?

Learning about Placester?

Placester Reviews

Ask Placester a Question
Showing 27 Placester reviews
Placester review by Sean M.
Sean M.

"Realtors with real vision stay away from Placester "

What do you like best?

That site is visually pleasing but other than that, I would not recommend.

What do you dislike?

It has been difficult to contact customer service. The backend of this website is very limited and unlike most website providers there is no trial period to see if this actually the tool for your business. It’s an all or nothing type of deal. I am still within the first 30 dats of my contract and figured out I couldn’t add plugins (On the backend) specifically to help me rank on google. I called to see what my options were for cancellation and after speaking with 3 reps, I finally got through to my personal rep. He explained I would have to pay 3 months of payment to cancel my subscription I’ve had for less than 30 days. We both agreed that this site did not have the capabilities I was looking for, why am I still paying your company for 3 months?

Cannot add plugins on the backend. Cannot customize your website.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Placester
Placester review by Angela O.
Angela O.

"Straight Forward Real Estate Website"

What do you like best?

Easy to use and inexpensive (for basic version). Great looking professional templates.

What do you dislike?

As with many basic website builders, this one is lacking highly in customization. Very limited color themes for each template. Also you are only able to choose from a limited selection of pages for your site, meaning if you wanted to add something like an affiliates page or any type of specific page you aren’t able to do so. I was able to get around this by adding blog posts. Still slightly inconvenient.

This provided me a low cost solution for my own personal Real Estate website. It was incredibly easy to set up saving me lots of time and was able to go live within a few days. It is a great product but with the basic version it is very limited.

What Real Estate Marketing solution do you use?

Placester review by Chris R.
Chris R.

"Great Product and even better Service!"

What do you like best?

Ease of Use

Comprehensive Product

EXCELLENT SERVICE, and quick, thorough tech support

Product Support DOCS

What do you dislike?

Limited Flexibility in the design and customization on smaller web packages.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Create your list of "must haves" and set up a phone consultation where they'll demo the product and also show you real websites that exist for our industry so you can see how others are successful with it.

I have been working with your Senior Account Executive Alexander Stone and wanted to reach out to you about his work ethic. In this day and age, far too often I encounter employees whose service levels are just good enough to not get fired and it's frustrating. I've experienced this from professional services to tradesmen, almost as if the economy and unemployment improvements have driven the working class to a lazy non-caring attitude across the board. Then I had the pleasure of working with your team. While everyone I've encountered with Placester has been very helpful and professional, I feel Alexander has by far excelled. I'm very impressed with not only his knowledge but willingness to help get me really get my business in the right direction. I'm a novice with websites, but know enough to ask questions that lead me down the rabbit hole for the perpetual perfect site. Alex has not only entertained my conversations and emails of "what if's," getting me the docs to bring my self education up to speed, but has provided valuable insights to site performance and best practices that I have not been able to bring full-circle until now. I left a web company that I had been working with for more than a year on the "holy-grail" of real estate sites. I had a grand vision day one, but that company, slowly day after day, spending at least 20 hours a week with follow up and quality control issues, lost focus on my own brokerage because of the time demands it was taking to completely scrapping the entire project. I proceeded to analyze all my other options in the market. Countless emails and phone calls later... I narrowed it down to Placester. It took a while until I committed my business to Alex. I asked him a laundry list of questions, sample sites, testing and poking them to try to break them and past concerns that I had from the horror show that upended my business for the past year. Alex was able to work with me on a platform that was just right for my business. Alex got my business a while ago and I still pester him with site growth plans of what I'm thinking of doing and how should I do it the right way. He has always stepped up to the plate, and rather quickly to get me the answers or a point in the right direction I need. That level of service is grossly missed in the business world and is very, very appreciated from this side. I look forward to our continued growth with your business. Thank you for empowering your staff to take such good care of their clients, especially Alex. He's taken quite a load of stress off of me and my business by making this so easy.

All the best.

Placester review by Andres G.
Andres G.

"Services do not work as promised. They only thing they get right is charging your CC every month"

What do you like best?

Visually appealing but aside from that....

What do you dislike?

The e-mail updates to clients do not work. They never worked on my account. I specifically asked about that feature when I signed up. It's now been 3 months. They refuse to cancel my service and refund me, and they can't get the service to work! What good is a R.E. website that dosen't have a functioning capability to send client updates.

I'm now at the point of putting in a dispute with my CC and filing a complaint with my state division of consumer affairs. I'm guessing I'm going to have to change my CC# as well to stop them from charging me for a service they don't provide. They are very quick to point out there is a one year "contract" without acknowledging they would be in breach of the contract since their service doesn't work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Avoid, avoid, avoid! The service doesn't work. Getting someone on the phone is tough, and getting your problems resolved is impossible.

None, they have only caused me problems.

Placester review by Richard E.
Richard E.

"Slow customer service and technology that is grossly out of date"

What do you like best?

Nothing. Literally nothing. The customer service is bad, the product is bad, the ability to integrate is bad.

What do you dislike?

See above, again, this is technology that does not step up and deliver what the audience needs. The only reason it gets any positive reviews is because you have technology illiterate Realtors who don't know any better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you fully benchmark the solution against other providers in the marketplace before starting down the path to regret it later.

None. You want to be able to feature listings in your local market, and when a prospect clicks "view more", this backward system shows properties from all over the country. How is that relevant to someone in New Jersey looking for property IN New Jersey.

Placester review by Blake S.
Blake S.

"Most Bang for your Buck"

What do you like best?

That Placester is truly an all-in-one platform where each feature is top notch!

What do you dislike?

The themes they offer could be much more clean. They do offer custom themes for an upgraded price, but their standard themes could use a huge overhaul.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start now! Make sure you have someone to teach you all of what they have to offer and truly make sure you spend the time to understand all it has to offer you.

Easy sites to set up for our agents at an affordable cost with a large majority of marketing technology accessible in one place.

User in Real Estate

"Great, user-friendly & modern site"

What do you like best?

I love my Placester site. I feel it's easy for my clients to use and browse properties. It absolutely sets me apart from other agents in my area who have outdated sites or no site at all. Individual agent websites are the way of the future of real estate in my opinion in order to market yourself as an individual and not just through your brokerage.

What do you dislike?

I think the backend of the site (that I see, not my clients) could look a little more user friendly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As an independent contractor, if you don't have your own independent site that you have control over then you're missing out. Clients expect this nowadays, especially the young/tech savvy buyers.

I think being able to stand out as an individual agent (outside of my brokerage) is so important. Through google ads/Facebook ads I am able to draw potential clients to my own site where they're more likely to choose me as their agent (instead of anyone at random through my agency). The major benefit is being able to direct potential clients and clients to my site and give my business legitimacy.

Placester review by Serena S.
Serena S.

"Easy to set up and use"

What do you like best?

The ease to set up the website is fantastic.

What do you dislike?

Not much- except for the autoresponder emails. Those are not easy to use nor to have put on where you want them to be put on. Also, on the homepage- there is a tab on the search function that says "For Rent" and I wanted it to be able to say, "For Lease" but I was told it was hardcoded so that wasn't able to be changed. I am concerned some people may think that KPR offers properties for rent.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very easy to use.

Better web presence, better search functions for our client. Cleaner, brighter and more welcoming website in general.

Placester review by Anthony G. C.
Anthony G. C.

"Great Realtor website!"

What do you like best?

The look and feel. It's clean and easy to operate. The onboarding was key and on task. My take way, I want another site up and running as soon as possible.

What do you dislike?

I could use more bells and whistles. Allowing me to add words text to some of your templated pages.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it today! Stop wasting time and get off the fence.

As a Realtor, Broker and co-owner of a REMAX office, I need to have a clean and convenient site that allows will not only attract the right consumer but also keep their attention fixed allowing them to stay longer and in the end choose our office to work with.

Placester review by Laura B.
Laura B.

"Absolutely horrible interface that's freqently broken"

What do you like best?

Placester used to be a decent option for the price, but back-end quality and support have deteriorated so much it's not worth using even if you get it for free.

What do you dislike?

Whoever designed their software must have quit a while back and Placester decided not to replace them. Each time I visit things that used to work don't anymore. I figured out work-arounds but sacrificed design. Today their software wouldn't even save new content. I tried using PDFs, JPEG, PNG, Word and PPT to n avail. Finally punted and clicked the "support" link only to have the screen gray out. Guess their support desk quit too.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't do it.

Placester is CAUSING business problems. Have to shut down my internet ads until I have a working website I can send them too.

Placester review by Liz B.
Liz B.

"Excellent customer service/short learning curve"

What do you like best?

The support team answered my questions (patiently - some were those I could have easily looked up) fast and made the whole experience easy. The platform takes a bit but, compared to others, the learning curve is short.

What do you dislike?

The inability to change certain aspects of the templates - such as adding a welcome message with effective content on the home page that would help very much in SEO.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely use if you're setting up a new real estate platform and have a team who is not tech-savvy.

Small real estate company launching their own web site - the ability to have the IDX and MLS automatically integrated saved me, as the web designer, so much time. I hope the team takes time to learn all the benefits like the email blast.

User in Real Estate

"Don't Listen When You Tell Them You Have Cancelled"

What do you like best?

Nothing. They don't listen to customers and keep charging their credit cards when they have been told to STOP! When companies don't listen to customers, they get bad reviews.

What do you dislike?

They have been told to STOP charging my credit card, but they have continued doing it for months now. I have to dispute charges with my bank. It has become annoying and is bordering on fraudulent.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't give them your credit card information if you don't want to be charged over and over again after you tell them in writing to STOP. I am answering below with "expensive" because they are charging me for services I have not had access to for months. They need to stop taking advantage of agents through their relationship with KW. When the agent's site goes dark with Placester when the agent leaves, they need to STOP charging the agent for services the agent can only obtain through the relationship between Placester and KW.

I had them through Keller Williams. When I left KW, I told Placester that I had left and to stop charging me, but they continue to charge my card every month.

Placester review by Bruce H.
Bruce H.

"Great solution for real estate agents on a budget"

What do you like best?

Very inexpensive and easy to set up and configure. The standard templates are very clean and optimized for mobile.

What do you dislike?

There are few options for customizing the appearance of the site. Some of the templates have alternate color schemes available, but there is no way to create to totally custom one to fit with your logo and branding, for example. The ability to edit the CSS would be a great addition.

Another missing customization option that I found very limiting was that there is no way to add sidebar widgets. I wanted to be able to add a custom graphic to advertise my mobile app, but this was not possible.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a techie that is used to being able to write your own CSS, and install plugins and widgets, as on a Wordpress site, for example, you will probably find the platform very limiting.

However, if you don't want to have to tinker with a website and just need something you can go live with in a short time frame, it is a great solution.

The standard sites offered by my brokerage were not modern, so I moved to Placester as a third-party solution.

User in Real Estate

"integrating MLS with website"

What do you like best?

Our company added Placester to replace an old website with limited designs. I like that the basic fonts are great and you can get away without doing much to help your site look good.

What do you dislike?

That for the what we were given inside the office we were unable to change fonts and colors besides the ones that we were given. I do like the basic description, but I hired a graphic designer to come in and do some changes that were a little different and Placester only limited what she was able to do.

When I am googled people can go on my website and search for homes. It is that easy. Had a couple people go on the site and check out a condo that I would have had to send through MLS, and now they are doing able to go in themselves without reaching out to see properties that interest them.

"EASY to use!"

What do you like best?

I've been using Placester for my real estate website for over a year now. Placester makes it super easy to setup a professional website with just a few clicks. It offers many templates for the average user and also provides you with the ability to customize as necessary.

What do you dislike?

I cannot think of anything that I dislike about Placester and my experience with using the product

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product, very easy to use and manage.

Placester provides a professional website where my prospects and customers can search for real estate in my area and allows me to capture information to quickly follow up with potential clients.

Placester review by Anthony Provenzano R.
Anthony Provenzano R.

"Excellent Real Estate Agent Website"

What do you like best?

Value and quality rank highest along with eras of use.

What do you dislike?

Maybe a little more flexibility in what shows up in auto searches.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's hard to find a company that offers the professionalism at the value Placester does. My clients and colleagues think I paid much more than I do.

Quality web presence at a reasonable budget.

Placester review by Amy K.
Amy K.

"Easy to launch, professional website in days!"

What do you like best?

The support from the launch team and the videos and help with the Placester site.

What do you dislike?

Nothing yet, just got up and running but I like it so far.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I tried to do a WordPress site and a go daddy site and wasted lots of time. Placester has already done all the hard work for you, you just get to add your content.

Needed a business website with IDX

User in Real Estate

"Easy to setup wish more integrated app for value"

What do you like best?

It is easy to setup, understand and do. The support staff is well knowledge and great communicator.

What do you dislike?

I wish the packages where more integrated not so a la carte. Pricing is still is issues with the sites. As more and more real estate companies have more powerful in-house CRM and other needs for a realtor this seems less value oriented.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is easy to use, simple to understand and general website if you need as such, but as more and more real companies having there own applications and/or software placester and other site might have to competition when it has less to offer compare within its own agency.

General need a website make your brad and yourself viable. These are the natural benefits that are needed as realtor.

Placester review by Lenny R.
Lenny R.

"I've been using Placester since their beginning"

What do you like best?

Placester is on the cutting edge of technology. I like the Placester Academy for keeping me updated and always learning something new.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything I dislike about Placester.

Placester is a great marketing platform, with many choices and applications.

Placester review by Yvonne S.
Yvonne S.

"Making your web-site understandable and easy to do "

What do you like best?

I loved the gentlemen that walked me through to help me make the best out of a great web-site program by Keller Williams

What do you dislike?

There wasn't anything, all were very personable and a great asset to your company.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Support team is great with one phone call you have your question answered and that is very important to me.

My web-site is now complete and looks very professional I can now show clients and feel good about it.

Placester review by Alyssa M.
Alyssa M.

"Poor SEO, Poor customer service, Poor techincal support, Poor site overall."

What do you like best?

It's esthetically pleasing. There's really nothing else.

What do you dislike?

Poor SEO, Poor customer service, Poor techincal support, Poor site overall. I've had in issue with my site for several months, put in several support tickets with no help, no soultions and only excuses and vague cookie cutter responses.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend using a different platform. This platform is included in a REMAX package so it's free - That's about what it's worth.

I have a real estate website

User in Real Estate

"Placester for real estate "

What do you like best?

Placester is an easy to use platform with full idx support.

What do you dislike?

The price jump from the basic to having any features seems too high for what you actually get.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try the free version to get used to the UI first

Easy to use web site hosting for Realtors. Love the idx benefits, listings look nice and vivid on mobile and desktop.

Placester review by Administrator in Real Estate
Administrator in Real Estate

"Easy to use for agents but does not offer a competitive feature set."

What do you like best?

Easy to setup a basic real estate site with options to change templates on the fly. You can setup a site within a day.

What do you dislike?

Consumer facing search features are lacking (no map based searches) and the MLS data is not refreshed frequently enough throughout the day. Absolutely hate that you can't change the blog post dates.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Pay for a solution that offers more benefits to your clients.

Helping people find homes. I haven't realized many benefits in this regard using Placester.

Placester review by RO and M.
RO and M.

"Waste of time"

What do you like best?

price, but you always get what you pay for

What do you dislike?

The CRM is not what they advertise it to be. Ever since I signed up for Placester, my auto responders and drip campaigns were not working. How can you run a business without these two very important components, especially if you are running ads. Stay away from placester and give your money somewhere else like real geeks!

Agents/brokers do your research

User in Real Estate

"could be a great product but the technical support is non responsive when there is a problem"

What do you like best?

Dont know yet...have not been able to make it functional for me yet...I've been have MAJOR issues with the Placester Support department. They area having a "technical issue" going on for almost 2 weeks not upgrading my account to genius level so it can be professionally modified....their support department, while very polite, have been completely ineffective in getting any movement on getting the issue resolved. Meanwhile I have a couple of thousand dollars invested with a support company waited to do the modifications......

What do you dislike?

Polite...but ineffective support department

none yet

Placester review by User

"Placester has good looking sites"

What do you like best?

Ease of use. The site is super simple to set up and get going

What do you dislike?

I get the site as an agent at Keller Williams. I wish it didn't have such widespread usage

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're new to the business and just need a simple inexpensive website solution

Website and lead follow up.

User in Real Estate

"Very easy to work with, and got my website up and running quickly."

What do you like best?

Great communication, fast turnaround, and pretty site.

What do you dislike?

So far, there is nothing I dislike. I am not a tech wizard, but it seems easy to edit, and modify.

Presence in my market, ease of use.

Learning about Placester?

* We monitor all Placester reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.