Placester

Placester helps real estate professionals increase sales and profits through beautiful, search engine-optimized websites and online marketing tools.

Work for Placester?

Learning about Placester?

Placester Reviews

Ask Placester a Question
Showing 21 Placester reviews
Placester review by <span>Sean M.</span>
Sean M.

"Realtors with real vision stay away from Placester "

What do you like best?

That site is visually pleasing but other than that, I would not recommend.

What do you dislike?

It has been difficult to contact customer service. The backend of this website is very limited and unlike most website providers there is no trial period to see if this actually the tool for your business. It’s an all or nothing type of deal. I am still within the first 30 dats of my contract and figured out I couldn’t add plugins (On the backend) specifically to help me rank on google. I called to see what my options were for cancellation and after speaking with 3 reps, I finally got through to my personal rep. He explained I would have to pay 3 months of payment to cancel my subscription I’ve had for less than 30 days. We both agreed that this site did not have the capabilities I was looking for, why am I still paying your company for 3 months?

Cannot add plugins on the backend. Cannot customize your website.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Placester
Placester review by <span>Chris R.</span>
Chris R.

"Great Product and even better Service!"

What do you like best?

Ease of Use

Comprehensive Product

EXCELLENT SERVICE, and quick, thorough tech support

Product Support DOCS

What do you dislike?

Limited Flexibility in the design and customization on smaller web packages.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Create your list of "must haves" and set up a phone consultation where they'll demo the product and also show you real websites that exist for our industry so you can see how others are successful with it.

I have been working with your Senior Account Executive Alexander Stone and wanted to reach out to you about his work ethic. In this day and age, far too often I encounter employees whose service levels are just good enough to not get fired and it's frustrating. I've experienced this from professional services to tradesmen, almost as if the economy and unemployment improvements have driven the working class to a lazy non-caring attitude across the board. Then I had the pleasure of working with your team. While everyone I've encountered with Placester has been very helpful and professional, I feel Alexander has by far excelled. I'm very impressed with not only his knowledge but willingness to help get me really get my business in the right direction. I'm a novice with websites, but know enough to ask questions that lead me down the rabbit hole for the perpetual perfect site. Alex has not only entertained my conversations and emails of "what if's," getting me the docs to bring my self education up to speed, but has provided valuable insights to site performance and best practices that I have not been able to bring full-circle until now. I left a web company that I had been working with for more than a year on the "holy-grail" of real estate sites. I had a grand vision day one, but that company, slowly day after day, spending at least 20 hours a week with follow up and quality control issues, lost focus on my own brokerage because of the time demands it was taking to completely scrapping the entire project. I proceeded to analyze all my other options in the market. Countless emails and phone calls later... I narrowed it down to Placester. It took a while until I committed my business to Alex. I asked him a laundry list of questions, sample sites, testing and poking them to try to break them and past concerns that I had from the horror show that upended my business for the past year. Alex was able to work with me on a platform that was just right for my business. Alex got my business a while ago and I still pester him with site growth plans of what I'm thinking of doing and how should I do it the right way. He has always stepped up to the plate, and rather quickly to get me the answers or a point in the right direction I need. That level of service is grossly missed in the business world and is very, very appreciated from this side. I look forward to our continued growth with your business. Thank you for empowering your staff to take such good care of their clients, especially Alex. He's taken quite a load of stress off of me and my business by making this so easy.

All the best.

What Real Estate Marketing solution do you use?

Placester review by <span>Andres G.</span>
Andres G.

"Services do not work as promised. They only thing they get right is charging your CC every month"

What do you like best?

Visually appealing but aside from that....

What do you dislike?

The e-mail updates to clients do not work. They never worked on my account. I specifically asked about that feature when I signed up. It's now been 3 months. They refuse to cancel my service and refund me, and they can't get the service to work! What good is a R.E. website that dosen't have a functioning capability to send client updates.

I'm now at the point of putting in a dispute with my CC and filing a complaint with my state division of consumer affairs. I'm guessing I'm going to have to change my CC# as well to stop them from charging me for a service they don't provide. They are very quick to point out there is a one year "contract" without acknowledging they would be in breach of the contract since their service doesn't work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Avoid, avoid, avoid! The service doesn't work. Getting someone on the phone is tough, and getting your problems resolved is impossible.

None, they have only caused me problems.

Placester review by <span>Blake S.</span>
Blake S.

"Most Bang for your Buck"

What do you like best?

That Placester is truly an all-in-one platform where each feature is top notch!

What do you dislike?

The themes they offer could be much more clean. They do offer custom themes for an upgraded price, but their standard themes could use a huge overhaul.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start now! Make sure you have someone to teach you all of what they have to offer and truly make sure you spend the time to understand all it has to offer you.

Easy sites to set up for our agents at an affordable cost with a large majority of marketing technology accessible in one place.

Placester review by User in Real Estate
User in Real Estate

"Great, user-friendly & modern site"

What do you like best?

I love my Placester site. I feel it's easy for my clients to use and browse properties. It absolutely sets me apart from other agents in my area who have outdated sites or no site at all. Individual agent websites are the way of the future of real estate in my opinion in order to market yourself as an individual and not just through your brokerage.

What do you dislike?

I think the backend of the site (that I see, not my clients) could look a little more user friendly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As an independent contractor, if you don't have your own independent site that you have control over then you're missing out. Clients expect this nowadays, especially the young/tech savvy buyers.

I think being able to stand out as an individual agent (outside of my brokerage) is so important. Through google ads/Facebook ads I am able to draw potential clients to my own site where they're more likely to choose me as their agent (instead of anyone at random through my agency). The major benefit is being able to direct potential clients and clients to my site and give my business legitimacy.

Placester review by <span>Laura B.</span>
Laura B.

"Absolutely horrible interface that's freqently broken"

What do you like best?

Placester used to be a decent option for the price, but back-end quality and support have deteriorated so much it's not worth using even if you get it for free.

What do you dislike?

Whoever designed their software must have quit a while back and Placester decided not to replace them. Each time I visit things that used to work don't anymore. I figured out work-arounds but sacrificed design. Today their software wouldn't even save new content. I tried using PDFs, JPEG, PNG, Word and PPT to n avail. Finally punted and clicked the "support" link only to have the screen gray out. Guess their support desk quit too.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't do it.

Placester is CAUSING business problems. Have to shut down my internet ads until I have a working website I can send them too.

Learning about Placester?

* We monitor all Placester reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.