Plan Academy

Look over their shoulder and watch them build a multi-million dollar Primavera P6 schedule from start to finish. Then follow their step-by-step training so you can do the same.

Work for Plan Academy?

Learning about Plan Academy?

Plan Academy Reviews

Ask Plan Academy a Question
Showing 17 Plan Academy reviews
Plan Academy review by <span>Cody H.</span>
Cody H.

Very helpful training course for beginners as well as experienced users

What do you like best?

When I first enrolled in Plan Academy's Primavera P6 training program, I was new in my role as a scheduler and had no previous experience using P6. Plan Academy has the training course laid out very well and broken into sections starting with the basics and progressing to more advanced sections. Each topic is explained in depth and easy to understand and the videos make it easy to follow along.

What do you dislike?

After completing the course, I can honestly say there was nothing to dislike about it. I feel I can now use P6 proficiently in my role as a scheduler and I use the knowledge I've gained from the course daily.

As a scheduler, I use P6 daily and by doing so I keep my skills current and up to date. If I encounter a problem or I can't remember how to do something, I can easily refresh my memory by reviewing the course videos or asking a question on Plan Academy's forum. These resources and support are very helpful.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Plan Academy
Plan Academy review by <span>Jeff L.</span>
Jeff L.

Lots of Valueable Information to Learn with The Plan Academy.

What do you like best?

When I signed up for The Plan Academy’s P6 Essentials Training Program, I had zero knowledge of how to even open up a P6 (. xer) File, let along install the software on my computer. I have now become a certified P6 user, and comfortable enough to apply the P6 software in a professional setting. Additionally, with my previous project management experience, I am applying for jobs that previously would have been beyond my reach.

What do you dislike?

There is little to dislike, however now that I am completed most of the training videos, I am reviewing previously viewed material, as there is not much else out there that offers the comprehensive P6 training that the Plan Academy provides, without having to enter a formal university engineering program.

I can wholly endorse the Plan Academy’s rigorous, yet obtainable approach to become proficient with utilizing Primavera P6 in a scheduling environment. I keep going back over the program almost daily, to make sure my skills stay current, with practicing the areas if I something that I haven’t used regularly to confirm the through, yet easy-to-understand steps they provide. Maximum Stars to The Plan Academy!

What Online Course Providers solution do you use?

Plan Academy review by <span>Larry E.</span>
Larry E.

Very helpful site for the beginner as well as the intermediate and advance scheduler

What do you like best?

I've been a member of Plan Academy since May of 2013 and what I like best about it is that I can get quick answers to my specific scheduling questions or problems. I usually have issues when I'm in the midst of creating a new schedule. If I don't know how to do something or something unexplained or unexpected happens I don't have days or weeks to wait for an answer on community blog or some general scheduling board. With Plan Academy I get a quick response to my specific inquirty from someone I'm confident knows the answer; so far it's never failed to help me out of a schedling jam. I know of other sites where I can post scheudling questions but the responses come from all sorts of people and I really don't know what their level of expertise is and the answers are sometimes off the mark--so I've don't really use them anymore. I've learned that getting the right answer at the right time to my specific issue or question is invaluable and allows me to do my job better.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing really I dislike. I get exactly what I need from the site so I don't have any complaints.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you work for a small to medium size company where you schedule in addition to performing a bunch of other duties then you'll know what a challenge it can be to become really proficient at using scheduling software (especially Primavera P6 which is what I use) because you're doing so many other things and really don't have the time or opportunity to learn all the intricacies of such a robust piece of software. I can't overstate the benefit of getting professional answers to scheduling challenges in a timely manner.

Scheduling in the public works arena can be very challenging and that is where 90% of our work comes from. Public entities often have their own very specific requirements for what they want in a schedule and the differences from one entity to another can be vast and sometimes very complex. I am responsible for all of the scheduling in my company but it is not my main function so I don't spend all day every day schedling. Because of that I need access to someone who does spend all their time scheduling so I can use them as a help and a learning resourse for when I run across an owner's scheduling requirement that I need to implement but am not confident I'm doing it right. Being able to ask my questions or send my schedule it for a professional to review--prior to me submitting it--enables me to represent my company in a more professional manner and enable me to be more professional in that aspect of my job. That has a benefit for me personnally as well when the president of the company evaluates how I'm doing.

Plan Academy review by <span>Daryl G.</span>
Daryl G.

Great Training on Primavera P6

What do you like best?

I like that the training has documentation for you to walk through. Hands on experience is the best way to learn.

What do you dislike?

I would like there to have been more material available. Maybe a advanced training set of classes related to customization. While that is more of wish, overall there wasn't anything about the site that was a show stopper.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it shot, you will not be disappointed.

I have been a avid MS Project user, but after listening to my senior P6 I decided I needed find training. Of the few available training sites Plan Academy was my choice. I believe P6 is a better program for the type of work and tracking necessary to execute projects in my organization. I have continued to use the program for work and learn more from Plan Academy to further my use of the program.

Plan Academy review by <span>Garrett Y.</span>
Garrett Y.

Very informative and helfpful for learning P6

What do you like best?

Course is very informative, Michael does a great job detailing every lesson and walking thru the process. Uploading lessons on P6 from PlanAcademy, helps follow along with the lessons with a worry and stress free atmosphere.

What do you dislike?

3/4 thru the course and changes to a professor from India, very hard to understand and follow. The professor took almost twice as long as Michael did thru his chapters, and was very repetitive going thru the lesson.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommended, coming from a planners point of view this training has helped tremendously. PlanAcademy goes P6 in great detail to help understand and manipulate the schedule into what the scheduler really needs to show. By far the best way to learn primavera.

Learning the ins-and-outs of scheduling and able to build a schedule from the ground up. Feel very confident I can now build, maintain, and progress a schedule after taking this course. I am now able to run my own jobs confidently and able to take both roles of not only a project manger/planner, but a scheduler.

Plan Academy review by Consultant in Military
Consultant in Military

Excellent source for all Primavera P6 related question and instruction.

What do you like best?

The extensive library of information specific to Primavera P6 comes in handy, day or night, whenever I have a question. Also available and helpful are the "Genius Bar" live webcasts. Thirdly, Michael Lepage is available to answer question sent to him by email. Plan Academy is a vital source of information. I have recently renewed my membership and am quite satisfied and I highly recommend Plan Academy for Primavera P6 users.

What do you dislike?

I currently live and work in Japan and it's not always easy waking up in the middle of the night to participate in the live webcasts

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely consider Plan Academy. If you're not sure if Plan Academy is the best value for your needs, simply contact Michael Lepage and discuss with him what he has to offer. Michael's a smart guy and a great business man. He will earn your trust.

Primavera P6 has a long list of setting combinations. Plan Academy is a great resource for learning the specifics of the many configurations.

Learning about Plan Academy?

* We monitor all Plan Academy reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.