Plan Academy

4.8

Look over their shoulder and watch them build a multi-million dollar Primavera P6 schedule from start to finish. Then follow their step-by-step training so you can do the same.

Work for Plan Academy?

Learning about Plan Academy?

Plan Academy Reviews

Ask Plan Academy a Question
Showing 19 Plan Academy reviews
Plan Academy review by Cody H.
Cody H.

"Very helpful training course for beginners as well as experienced users"

What do you like best?

When I first enrolled in Plan Academy's Primavera P6 training program, I was new in my role as a scheduler and had no previous experience using P6. Plan Academy has the training course laid out very well and broken into sections starting with the basics and progressing to more advanced sections. Each topic is explained in depth and easy to understand and the videos make it easy to follow along.

What do you dislike?

After completing the course, I can honestly say there was nothing to dislike about it. I feel I can now use P6 proficiently in my role as a scheduler and I use the knowledge I've gained from the course daily.

As a scheduler, I use P6 daily and by doing so I keep my skills current and up to date. If I encounter a problem or I can't remember how to do something, I can easily refresh my memory by reviewing the course videos or asking a question on Plan Academy's forum. These resources and support are very helpful.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Plan Academy
Plan Academy review by Jeff L.
Jeff L.

"Lots of Valueable Information to Learn with The Plan Academy."

What do you like best?

When I signed up for The Plan Academy’s P6 Essentials Training Program, I had zero knowledge of how to even open up a P6 (. xer) File, let along install the software on my computer. I have now become a certified P6 user, and comfortable enough to apply the P6 software in a professional setting. Additionally, with my previous project management experience, I am applying for jobs that previously would have been beyond my reach.

What do you dislike?

There is little to dislike, however now that I am completed most of the training videos, I am reviewing previously viewed material, as there is not much else out there that offers the comprehensive P6 training that the Plan Academy provides, without having to enter a formal university engineering program.

I can wholly endorse the Plan Academy’s rigorous, yet obtainable approach to become proficient with utilizing Primavera P6 in a scheduling environment. I keep going back over the program almost daily, to make sure my skills stay current, with practicing the areas if I something that I haven’t used regularly to confirm the through, yet easy-to-understand steps they provide. Maximum Stars to The Plan Academy!

What Online Course Providers solution do you use?

Plan Academy review by Larry E.
Larry E.

"Very helpful site for the beginner as well as the intermediate and advance scheduler"

What do you like best?

I've been a member of Plan Academy since May of 2013 and what I like best about it is that I can get quick answers to my specific scheduling questions or problems. I usually have issues when I'm in the midst of creating a new schedule. If I don't know how to do something or something unexplained or unexpected happens I don't have days or weeks to wait for an answer on community blog or some general scheduling board. With Plan Academy I get a quick response to my specific inquirty from someone I'm confident knows the answer; so far it's never failed to help me out of a schedling jam. I know of other sites where I can post scheudling questions but the responses come from all sorts of people and I really don't know what their level of expertise is and the answers are sometimes off the mark--so I've don't really use them anymore. I've learned that getting the right answer at the right time to my specific issue or question is invaluable and allows me to do my job better.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing really I dislike. I get exactly what I need from the site so I don't have any complaints.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you work for a small to medium size company where you schedule in addition to performing a bunch of other duties then you'll know what a challenge it can be to become really proficient at using scheduling software (especially Primavera P6 which is what I use) because you're doing so many other things and really don't have the time or opportunity to learn all the intricacies of such a robust piece of software. I can't overstate the benefit of getting professional answers to scheduling challenges in a timely manner.

Scheduling in the public works arena can be very challenging and that is where 90% of our work comes from. Public entities often have their own very specific requirements for what they want in a schedule and the differences from one entity to another can be vast and sometimes very complex. I am responsible for all of the scheduling in my company but it is not my main function so I don't spend all day every day schedling. Because of that I need access to someone who does spend all their time scheduling so I can use them as a help and a learning resourse for when I run across an owner's scheduling requirement that I need to implement but am not confident I'm doing it right. Being able to ask my questions or send my schedule it for a professional to review--prior to me submitting it--enables me to represent my company in a more professional manner and enable me to be more professional in that aspect of my job. That has a benefit for me personnally as well when the president of the company evaluates how I'm doing.

Plan Academy review by Marlon C.
Marlon C.

"Primavera P6 Training was awesome!!"

What do you like best?

The content of the course was very structured, the instructors were knowledgeable about the subject matter and the practice exercises after each module aided the learning process.

What do you dislike?

There was nothing about the course that I really disliked. There was however one particular instructor that was a little difficult at times to understand as there was a bit of a language barrier.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get a subscription and start learning! It is truly value for money.

The business problems that are being solved by Plan Academy is that projects are being planned to a greater detail which allows stakeholders to see potential problems down the road and to model different scenarios and recommend the best decision based on the results of the iterations.

Plan Academy review by Daryl G.
Daryl G.

"Great Training on Primavera P6"

What do you like best?

I like that the training has documentation for you to walk through. Hands on experience is the best way to learn.

What do you dislike?

I would like there to have been more material available. Maybe a advanced training set of classes related to customization. While that is more of wish, overall there wasn't anything about the site that was a show stopper.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it shot, you will not be disappointed.

I have been a avid MS Project user, but after listening to my senior P6 I decided I needed find training. Of the few available training sites Plan Academy was my choice. I believe P6 is a better program for the type of work and tracking necessary to execute projects in my organization. I have continued to use the program for work and learn more from Plan Academy to further my use of the program.

Plan Academy review by Garrett Y.
Garrett Y.

"Very informative and helfpful for learning P6"

What do you like best?

Course is very informative, Michael does a great job detailing every lesson and walking thru the process. Uploading lessons on P6 from PlanAcademy, helps follow along with the lessons with a worry and stress free atmosphere.

What do you dislike?

3/4 thru the course and changes to a professor from India, very hard to understand and follow. The professor took almost twice as long as Michael did thru his chapters, and was very repetitive going thru the lesson.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommended, coming from a planners point of view this training has helped tremendously. PlanAcademy goes P6 in great detail to help understand and manipulate the schedule into what the scheduler really needs to show. By far the best way to learn primavera.

Learning the ins-and-outs of scheduling and able to build a schedule from the ground up. Feel very confident I can now build, maintain, and progress a schedule after taking this course. I am now able to run my own jobs confidently and able to take both roles of not only a project manger/planner, but a scheduler.

Plan Academy review by Consultant in Military
Consultant in Military

"Excellent source for all Primavera P6 related question and instruction. "

What do you like best?

The extensive library of information specific to Primavera P6 comes in handy, day or night, whenever I have a question. Also available and helpful are the "Genius Bar" live webcasts. Thirdly, Michael Lepage is available to answer question sent to him by email. Plan Academy is a vital source of information. I have recently renewed my membership and am quite satisfied and I highly recommend Plan Academy for Primavera P6 users.

What do you dislike?

I currently live and work in Japan and it's not always easy waking up in the middle of the night to participate in the live webcasts

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely consider Plan Academy. If you're not sure if Plan Academy is the best value for your needs, simply contact Michael Lepage and discuss with him what he has to offer. Michael's a smart guy and a great business man. He will earn your trust.

Primavera P6 has a long list of setting combinations. Plan Academy is a great resource for learning the specifics of the many configurations.

Plan Academy review by JOE F.
JOE F.

"Plan Academy is the best online Primavera P6 training course you can obtain "

What do you like best?

There are many key features that Plan Academy offers that makes it the best online training course.

What makes Plan Academy the best training course for Primavera P6 include:

1) Defined chapters that help strengthen your understanding in a progressive way. It starts off easy then gradually increases with you as your confidence builds.

2) Learn by watching repayable videos that have been divided into short clips of specific tasks. This feature makes it much easier to grasp the information in contrast to reading out of a textbook.

3) Challenging assignments at the end of each chapter which include links to previous clips if your forget how to do a certain step.

4) Consistently updated blogs and articles that answer common questions and detail possible real world scenarios you may face. This enables you to continue to advance and learn even after you complete the course.

5) A well recognized company by employers who are looking for employees with P6 training

6) Cheap! after searching many online and in class options Plan Academy was the cheapest and you can do it at your own pace.

7) Great staff, they are very helpful and quick to respond to emails.

In conclusion, I recommend Plan Academy to anyone who is interested in learning Primavera P6. It is critical to learn Primavera P6 thoroughly and that is exactly what you get with this training program.

What do you dislike?

I do not dislike anything about Plan Academy. The videos also include a transcript of the audio below each video so if you do have a little trouble with the presenters accent you can easily read along.

The benefits include the possibility of working in many different types of businesses. Almost every company needs some type of scheduling from small to large. The addition of having a certificate in P6 indicates to employers that you have scheduling experience and knowledge in that area. Primavera P6 is also a internationally used program and this expands your options in regards to a career. You can take your education to any business in any country.

Plan Academy review by Raphael M Düa - F.
Raphael M Düa - F.

"Responsive Support from Plan Academy"

What do you like best?

Michael Le Page providing solutions to arcane problems within Primavera P6 V16.1 and having the most up to date information of the range of P6 versions

What do you dislike?

Nothing, it has all the things I expect to find in such a support site

Recommendations to others considering the product

Probably one of the best sites on the web. Michael is very knowledgeable and up to date with the best that Oracle has to offer in regard to primavera range of products.

Plus he also shows other products which is very useful for ensuring as a consultant I am using the best software with great back up

In depth complex reporting. Provision of code to produce the report

Plan Academy review by Evan P.
Evan P.

"Good quality lessons and thorough training, great value"

What do you like best?

I've been following Planacademy's articles and posts for a while now and always found good information that was very helpful to my scheduling and project controls interests. I needed a training program for my schedulers that covered P6 in depth and also provided a certificate at the end. The program was easy to work through and provided a lot of information that was helpful to our day-to-day operations.

What do you dislike?

The turnaround for lesson submissions could have been more prompt.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great product if you want to increase your understanding of P6 and also get pretty deep with the software.

As an administrator, it would be nice to have a dashboard where I can easily track the progress of each trainee. As it is now, I either need to ask each user or contact Plan Academy when I want an update.

I administer the scheduling and project controls function of our organization which builds complex engineering/manufacturing products in a projectized environment. Our business relies on having thorough and comprehensive project schedules which are resource loaded and sufficiently built to meet the needs of many stakeholders. With recent growth, it has been increasingly important to have fully-trained operators in the scheduling role.

Plan Academy review by James P.
James P.

"My experience with Primavera P6 training"

What do you like best?

The training is designed with the user's need in mind. The trainers use a good pace in training to allow the trainee get the required knowledge.

After each training session the trainee gets an workshop with provided Primavera schedule to work on it according to a very clear assignment including topics from the training session. This helped me to fix the knowledge and finish the whole training in less than a month.

It is an excellent training. I attempted before other Primavera training providers. Plan Academy is far up on the excellence scale.

If one wants to get an excellent training I gladly recommend Plan Academy. You get what you need at an affordable price.

What do you dislike?

Not applicable. Nothing to dislike. The training has everything one needs to become proficient in Primavera P6 Professional Project Management.

I prepared myself for future contracts as a Primavera Scheduler.

Plan Academy review by Tire A.
Tire A.

"Great Resource to Learn P6"

What do you like best?

I loved the fact that i learnt at my own pace and I was given reviews back through workshops done. It was a great course to take if you want to get a better understanding of how the software runs .

What do you dislike?

i didnt like the fact that the feedbacks on workshops took a long time. I also think if one is paying such an amount to learn the course you should be given keys to have the software not just the 30day trial . Most people who are learning are either students or cant afford to pay for the tool. That should be taken into consideration

Now that i have completed the course. I'm trying to get into project controls industry and help with scheduling and running companies earned value managements.

Plan Academy review by User in Oil & Energy
User in Oil & Energy

"Plan academy makes anybody to Plan any Projects easily."

What do you like best?

I like Webinars.

They give very good insight into the usage of Tools of Primavera P6.

What do you dislike?

The course is a little costly.

I wish Plan academy may come with an economical membership.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Plan academy imparts knowledge in the very systematically and with simplified course content.

Membership with Plan academy worthful mainly with its resources & community discussions.

I use knowledge from Plan academy in Cost & Time analysis of construction activities at my organization.

Plan Academy review by Karen S.
Karen S.

"The place to go for Primavera P6 training"

What do you like best?

I found the lessons and support excellent. Assistance and help was always available when it was required. I would highly recommend this site to any person wanting to gain a better understanding and use of P6 Primavera Definitely a group of knowledgeable professionals in business and in Project Controls scheduling!

What do you dislike?

I did not have any dislikes with my time at Plan Academy.

I gained a better understanding of how to build a new schedule in P6.

Plan Academy review by Norman F.
Norman F.

"Primavera P6"

What do you like best?

I enjoyed the homework sessions that challenged one's understanding of the subject matter. In addition to the core courses, I found rewarding the genius level information found also on the site.

What do you dislike?

I believe that the assigned PDUs for each session should be increased in that both the course lessons and associated workshops involved more time than suggested.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please reassess the PDUs awarded to each of the core classes and associated workshops. I believe that the PDU values should be ingreased based on the amount of time spent on the course and the associated workshop.

I have a better understanding as to how to create and progress complex project schedules.

Plan Academy review by Consultant in Construction
Consultant in Construction

"Plan Academy P6 Training Curriculum"

What do you like best?

The user friendly instructions and visual descriptions walk you thru each step of P6, so that anyone with any intimidation of the course is soon gone and you're on your way.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of any part of the course that I disliked or would have changed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Primavera is a large intimidating program but Plan Academy takes all that intimidation you might have and breaks it down into simple stages that you build upon to get an understanding of P6.

Currently I'm updating and progressing several large Hospitals and colleges and this course cleared up several questions and showed a lot of short cuts in scheduling updating. One great benefit is that once you've joined Plan Academy you can do the course as a refresher to keep up with current techniques.

Plan Academy review by Consultant

"Great Training Platform"

What do you like best?

Plan Academy Training was great. It was easy to follow, Tutors were effective, Tutorials were enlightening and feedback was timely.

What do you dislike?

I did not encounter any problem during my training, therefore, I do not dislike anything.

I use the training for Planning and Scheduling. I have become more efficient in these tasks, thereby delivering quality project and saving valuable time

Plan Academy review by Danilo A.
Danilo A.

"Effective training that helps your project"

What do you like best?

Gives you the ability to effectively use the software with a user friendly system of teaching. Many tips and tricks!

What do you dislike?

Nothing really, Michael is an excellent trainer and professional.

Mainly I work for civil construction projects, it has provided me more tools to do my job in a more effective way.

Plan Academy review by User

"Good. Needs more example material."

What do you like best?

I liked being able to follow along with the video tutorial using P6 and an accompanying file from the lesson.

What do you dislike?

Not all lessons had an accompanying file to download and use with the tutorial videos.

Being able to breakdown a detailed schedule with P6.

Learning about Plan Academy?

* We monitor all Plan Academy reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.