Planday

SaaS Workforce Management Solution that empower managers and employees to work smarter. All team members stay in constant contact allowing for instant shift changes, updates and insights. Planday is used by different sized companies in a variety of industries such as Restaurants, Hotels, Retailers, Call Centres, Fitness clubs, etc.

Work for Planday?

Learning about Planday?

Planday Reviews

Ask Planday a Question
Showing 24 Planday reviews
Planday review by <span>Adrian H.</span>
Adrian H.

A Breath of Fresh Air

What do you like best?

It actually does what you are promised it will do. This system has saved lots of man-hours by removing unnecessary tasks and improving access to schedules, etc. It has empowered my employees to take responsibility and best of all we've got an amazing communication tool that enables us to collate evidence and electronic signatures too.

What do you dislike?

There really isn't anything that springs to mind. Issues I've raised have been dealt with quickly and I'm told my ideas are in the pipeline.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it, you won't be disappointed. This is an easy to use system that Managers and Employees love, it provides a transparent solution to budgeting, availability, holidays, etc. The communication element is great and the fact you can collect electronic signatures and gather evidence.

Communication, Budget Control, Transparency of all sites from any location. The ability to communicate and gather signed evidence is excellent and this has saved time, effort and paper.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Planday
Planday review by <span>Celestina C.</span>
Celestina C.

Efficient Planning

What do you like best?

The layout is clean and neat which makes looking at a grid a little easier on the eyes. We use it to estimate time schedules for the week in order to keep overtime at a minimum. I also like the week view.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes Planday doesn’t load on our mobile devices so we log in to the site on our computer.

It would be nice to have a separate screen to view unavailable times (staff-entered days requested off). We make our schedules weeks in advance and if the staff enters their days off in Planday, we won’t know until trying to schedule them for shifts. I want the entire team to know when others have requested off so we won’t be short-staffed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If it works for your schedule, save time by saving schedule templates and reuse them week after week. It’s better to tweak than create.

We used to write the schedule on a paper and add up hours on our fingers so Planday has given us the gift of time and efficiency. It’s been beneficial for the staff to view the most up-to-date schedule on the go. No more excuses!

What Workforce Management solution do you use?

Planday review by <span>Kate R.</span>
Kate R.

Happy!

What do you like best?

I myself, a manager of a company and someone who does all the staffing really enjoys how easy planday is to use, staff, add new employees and edit shifts. It’s very customizable and easy to use

What do you dislike?

I don’t necessarily like how you can’t search employees by name or type their name in when putting them on a shift

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check it often, if you really implement it as a necessary action to your employees it can be utilized very successfully

I’ve definitely had the benefit of keeping track when my employees show up to an event and leave. Sometimes the GPS location is unavailable. That might be something to work on

Planday review by <span>Thorbjörn H.</span>
Thorbjörn H.

Large sports teams best friend!

What do you like best?

If you are a sports team or club that have caches hired by the hour this is the best software ever! We have 150 coaches running this software and everything is easier! From scheduling all the way to payout.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike, overall this is solid. We could use some more memory to build larger schedules.

We save money by keeping much better control over our employees schedule. By mangeging the schedule we save time for each semester.Together with our banks software we make payments really easy.

Planday review by Administrator in Events Services
Administrator in Events Services

Simple scheduling app

What do you like best?

Before we started to use Planday, we explored a handful of scheduling websites and apps. Planday was by far the most straightforward and simple one.

What do you dislike?

I wish I could delete a shift right from the dashboard rather than having to open the shift to delete it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go through the sales call and learn about the different features. I learned more about what Planday offered by doing the setup call than I would have on my own.

We used to spend house creating scheduling docs in Excel. Being able to schedule online and have all our employees instantly have the new version of the schedule has been incredibly important to our business this year.

Planday review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

Not too Shabby

What do you like best?

The overall look and the flexibility was very important for our needs. Many of the products available was very ridged approach which would be fine for many business out there. Our needs are unique and required a system that can bend closer to our needs.

What do you dislike?

There are some inconsistencies regarding their interface between the Admin and User GUI. Depending on which mode of viewing opening shifts will require flipping between windows instead of a single click function. It can be cumbersome and is often the cause of accidental shift selections.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Rethink how people can view and select their shifts on-line and mobile to be more consistent and with less steps.

The challenge was having an up-to-date, central point of reference where Staff, Relief or Volunteers can sign-up for available shifts based on their skills. Using this system allow us to offer on-line sign-ups instead of calling or physically writing their names onto a clipboard. Many of our members enjoys the conveniences of using the mobile apps.

Learn more about Planday

Planday Videos

Learning about Planday?

* We monitor all Planday reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.