Planday

SaaS Workforce Management Solution that empower managers and employees to work smarter. All team members stay in constant contact allowing for instant shift changes, updates and insights. Planday is used by different sized companies in a variety of industries such as Restaurants, Hotels, Retailers, Call Centres, Fitness clubs, etc.

Work for Planday?

Learning about Planday?

Planday Reviews

Ask Planday a Question
Showing 26 Planday reviews
Planday review by Celestina C.
Celestina C.

"Efficient Planning "

What do you like best?

The layout is clean and neat which makes looking at a grid a little easier on the eyes. We use it to estimate time schedules for the week in order to keep overtime at a minimum. I also like the week view.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes Planday doesn’t load on our mobile devices so we log in to the site on our computer.

It would be nice to have a separate screen to view unavailable times (staff-entered days requested off). We make our schedules weeks in advance and if the staff enters their days off in Planday, we won’t know until trying to schedule them for shifts. I want the entire team to know when others have requested off so we won’t be short-staffed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If it works for your schedule, save time by saving schedule templates and reuse them week after week. It’s better to tweak than create.

We used to write the schedule on a paper and add up hours on our fingers so Planday has given us the gift of time and efficiency. It’s been beneficial for the staff to view the most up-to-date schedule on the go. No more excuses!

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Planday
Planday review by Thomas G.
Thomas G.

"Great Success"

What do you like best?

Tracking Time & Attendance - Keeps a tight track on casual hours from a management perspective but also the employees love the app by giving them clear shift times and the option to make themselves unavailable and swap shifts.

Cutting Admin Time - easy to put together rotas and produce reports for payroll processing at month end.

Payroll visibility - easy to track daily, weekly and monthly payroll spend.

What do you dislike?

Even though it is relatively simple to learn how it works it does require some focus and backing from the management team.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Spend time on implementation and training.

Improved Employee satisfaction.

Admin time efficiency.

Increased accuracy in collating hours worked.

What Workforce Management solution do you use?

Planday review by Adrian H.
Adrian H.

"A Breath of Fresh Air"

What do you like best?

It actually does what you are promised it will do. This system has saved lots of man-hours by removing unnecessary tasks and improving access to schedules, etc. It has empowered my employees to take responsibility and best of all we've got an amazing communication tool that enables us to collate evidence and electronic signatures too.

What do you dislike?

There really isn't anything that springs to mind. Issues I've raised have been dealt with quickly and I'm told my ideas are in the pipeline.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it, you won't be disappointed. This is an easy to use system that Managers and Employees love, it provides a transparent solution to budgeting, availability, holidays, etc. The communication element is great and the fact you can collect electronic signatures and gather evidence.

Communication, Budget Control, Transparency of all sites from any location. The ability to communicate and gather signed evidence is excellent and this has saved time, effort and paper.

Planday review by Kate R.
Kate R.

"Happy! "

What do you like best?

I myself, a manager of a company and someone who does all the staffing really enjoys how easy planday is to use, staff, add new employees and edit shifts. It’s very customizable and easy to use

What do you dislike?

I don’t necessarily like how you can’t search employees by name or type their name in when putting them on a shift

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check it often, if you really implement it as a necessary action to your employees it can be utilized very successfully

I’ve definitely had the benefit of keeping track when my employees show up to an event and leave. Sometimes the GPS location is unavailable. That might be something to work on

Planday review by Thorbjörn H.
Thorbjörn H.

"Large sports teams best friend!"

What do you like best?

If you are a sports team or club that have caches hired by the hour this is the best software ever! We have 150 coaches running this software and everything is easier! From scheduling all the way to payout.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike, overall this is solid. We could use some more memory to build larger schedules.

We save money by keeping much better control over our employees schedule. By mangeging the schedule we save time for each semester.Together with our banks software we make payments really easy.

Planday review by Administrator in Events Services
Administrator in Events Services

"Simple scheduling app"

What do you like best?

Before we started to use Planday, we explored a handful of scheduling websites and apps. Planday was by far the most straightforward and simple one.

What do you dislike?

I wish I could delete a shift right from the dashboard rather than having to open the shift to delete it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go through the sales call and learn about the different features. I learned more about what Planday offered by doing the setup call than I would have on my own.

We used to spend house creating scheduling docs in Excel. Being able to schedule online and have all our employees instantly have the new version of the schedule has been incredibly important to our business this year.

Planday review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"Not too Shabby"

What do you like best?

The overall look and the flexibility was very important for our needs. Many of the products available was very ridged approach which would be fine for many business out there. Our needs are unique and required a system that can bend closer to our needs.

What do you dislike?

There are some inconsistencies regarding their interface between the Admin and User GUI. Depending on which mode of viewing opening shifts will require flipping between windows instead of a single click function. It can be cumbersome and is often the cause of accidental shift selections.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Rethink how people can view and select their shifts on-line and mobile to be more consistent and with less steps.

The challenge was having an up-to-date, central point of reference where Staff, Relief or Volunteers can sign-up for available shifts based on their skills. Using this system allow us to offer on-line sign-ups instead of calling or physically writing their names onto a clipboard. Many of our members enjoys the conveniences of using the mobile apps.

Planday review by Anel J.
Anel J.

"Amazing app for your work! Nice and easy."

What do you like best?

How easy it is to find out whether you have to work today or not, what you have to do at work and stuff like that.

What do you dislike?

I actually cant find anything i diskuke to be honest :).

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your work does use planday, i would recommend using planday because of its easy access to your shifts.

That i know my schedule every day in and out.

Planday review by Chris W.
Chris W.

"Great bit of tech! "

What do you like best?

The ability to message staff, the notice board, setting up events, the app! All very good

What do you dislike?

Would be great if system could sync to iCal etc, so i can look at my daily calendar and know what i'm doing!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its very detailed, make sure you allocated time to set it all up properly. Once setup, its very easy to use

Payroll is vastly improved, staff always know when they are working so no more "oh, i didn't know i was in'. Time taken to write and cost rotas is now minutes as opposed to hours

Planday review by Tyrus R.
Tyrus R.

"Great Software Solution for Scheduling Hourly Workers!!!"

What do you like best?

With Planday, you will enjoy a plethora of tools in a simple, easy to manage, web-based software that you, your employees and managers can access anytime. It offers most of the capabilities and tools any business owner would expect to find when using the best and free staff scheduling software, and if you are a paying user, as I am, you will enjoy reliable, prompt customer support, including phone calls.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I have to train the new employees for a few minutes before they get going, not a big deal.

Over the years, I have tried many different types of scheduling tools. I've used excel, pen and paper, ADP, etc and none of them seemed to work as well as Planday.

In terms of clocking-in or punching in, my employees use their smart phones, they have to be at work, and there have never been issues with this. I don't have to go back in and correct times or change passwords anymore.

Training my newest employees is easy now too. The app is clean. It has a user-friendly dashboard which helps you in navigation, so once it's on your phone your basically using it like you've been on it for years within the first few days.

Lastly, my team is growing. I manage many different types of people at my Vineyard. I can separate out my workers by locations and the positions they work. From there, I can easily create schedules and manage reports.

Planday review by harry j.
harry j.

"we save more time with planday"

What do you like best?

planning is important especially for companies. we used to write the schedule on a piece of paper. Planday has made it easy for us to write and share our notes. we can now focus on our other works and save our time.

What do you dislike?

Planday must integrate more functions to share with other friends who do not have Planday yet

Recommendations to others considering the product

Planday is very useful because Planday is simple and very efficient. I highly recommend the use of planday

Planning problems.

Planday review by Phillip O.
Phillip O.

"Great Scheduling App"

What do you like best?

Allows ia to create different departments and each individual had the ability to access their schedule from just about everywhere.

What do you dislike?

Digital contracts needs to be updated to allow multiple signatures and initials throughout similar to DocuSign.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Set up admin roles ahead of time

Solved scheduling conflicts

Planday review by Sunny B.
Sunny B.

"Best apps for planning construction jobs"

What do you like best?

Rapidité et flexibilité de l'application on peut changer d'horaire avec les autre employés

What do you dislike?

Rien à dire la dessus meilleure application de ce genre

Recommendations to others considering the product

Essayer et vous verrez comment on sauve du temps

Sauver du temps de plannification

Planday review by Kazim L.
Kazim L.

"Planday"

What do you like best?

The user interface is intuitive and I really like the swap-shift features.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing to complain about really. It stands up well against the other main players in the market.

Swap-shift functionality means that employees can easily swap shifts with other staff, (assuming they have the same skill-set), automatically using the mobile app. This reduces the management burden of the duty manager and gives staff more flexibility, increasing engagement.

"Online Scheduling"

What do you like best?

1) The ease of employees to check their schedules.

2) The ease of scheduling employees based on their availabilities.

3) Sending messages to specific groups or individuals.

What do you dislike?

The only problem is if an employee does not have a smartphone or use their computer very often.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely give it a trial period - I guarantee you will adjust to it and it will be very efficient to your staffing needs.

Accuracy in scheduling.

Ability to cover shifts quickly during emergency situations.

Planday review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Very Displeased "

What do you like best?

User Interface is satisfactory. But it still needs a lot of improvements.

What do you dislike?

Unfair and nontransparent pay term. I do not trust them anymore. They will try to put you on a commitment without your confirmation. GPS Tracking was never working well, and also it calculates the total hours in minutes, its supposed to be in hours.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Spend your time on a google spreadsheet rather than dealing with Planday. The quality is average, and do not expect any magic from Planday.

I was using it for Employee Scheduling.

Planday review by joshua b.
joshua b.

"Operation"

What do you like best?

Simple and easy to use, employees can see everything in real-time and no more excuses

What do you dislike?

Nothing. Everything is easy to navigate and set up is easy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes very

Scheduling has never been easier and updated within seconds.

Planday review by Emma G.
Emma G.

"Great app for small businesses"

What do you like best?

How easy it is to edit schedules and create templates.

What do you dislike?

The app has some restrictions that make it difficult to edit

Scheduling is much easier, creating set scheukes for positions and employees

Planday review by Gina B.
Gina B.

"Director of Operations"

What do you like best?

Easy app to use for both management and staff.

Scheduling can be done in advance.

great tool for budgeting.

What do you dislike?

New update needs some polishing, page loads very slow

Budgeting

Planday review by Administrator

"Planday makes your employee scheduling an easy task "

What do you like best?

- great tool for team management and communication

What do you dislike?

- sometimes the homepage gets stuck and needs rebooting

- team management & time tracking

- personal cost overview

Planday review by samir A.
samir A.

"Just simple and convieniece "

What do you like best?

Simplicity, offecient Good för time keeeping and controling

What do you dislike?

None at all Good specially when you get message about any changers

Time

Planday review by Administrator

"Indispensable tool in a busy working day"

What do you like best?

For us it is very important that planday works on different devices.

What do you dislike?

We would like to have a more developed message system in Planday.

Planday makes it possible for us to spend less time on scheduling and more time on our members.

Planday review by Administrator

"Works on mobile + webpage"

What do you like best?

Being able to check the schedule on my mobile.

What do you dislike?

some features work better or only on one platform not the other.

it's easy to manage the schedule for our remote staff. It's easy to track who signs in when.

Planday review by Administrator in Health, Wellness and Fitness
Administrator in Health, Wellness and Fitness

"Simple to learn easy to use"

What do you like best?

Learning the features was very easy!!!!!

What do you dislike?

I wish the sms messaging was different ...

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it and tell the reps what you want and they can help find solutions for you

Easily viewing schedules and filling in gaps

Planday review by User in Telecommunications
User in Telecommunications

"Experiences "

What do you like best?

Easy to review from smartphone and pull schedules quickly.

What do you dislike?

Nothing that I can think of at the moment

Recommendations to others considering the product

I had no issues with the program overall

Team is able to clock in and out from phone

"Very good "

What do you like best?

Easy to I use and easy phone access with lots of flexibility

What do you dislike?

Breaks and reports where a hassle and sometimes froze

Easy access to schedule

Learn more about Planday

Planday Videos

Learning about Planday?

* We monitor all Planday reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.