- No integration with database software (timberline, prolog, etc.)
- No way to control view permissions of users/collaborators
Over the past year, my company integrated PlanGrid into our construction process, and used it to build several ground-up and renovation projects. I can safely say that PlanGrid has streamlined the construction process. It has greatly increased the collaboration of our field and office staff. We have also been able to reduce our paper use by utilization of the attachments features. We have found a variety of uses for the issues reporting module, which have enabled us to communicate more effectively with owners, architects, and subcontractors.
How we used it:
- Maintained constantly up-to-date set of drawings, linked to all RFI responses, approved submittals, and other important documentation
- Utilized the issues feature to generate work-to-complete lists to better steer subcontractors
- Easily documented construction progress
If you want to become more organized and focused in your project delivery, then you should use PlanGrid.