Planisware Product PPM

Software solution that supports the end-to-end governance of company portfolios, from finance and resource planning, to the life cycle management of products

Work for Planisware Product PPM?

Learning about Planisware Product PPM?

Planisware Product PPM Reviews

Ask Planisware Product PPM a Question
Showing 11 Planisware Product PPM reviews

"Better Options Available"

What do you like best?

Having used a previous version and V6 of this product, I can say V6 cleaned up some of the clunky interface issues that made the product challenging for most users.

What do you dislike?

The server resets constantly. The interface is still bulky and not intuitive. It would be helpful if the user settings were styled more like MSP, etc. to allow users to leverage familiar skillets.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have very detailed specifications and robust conversations with all stakeholders to ensure that the reporting modules function the way you need them to so you don't have to manually manipulate information to create functional reports.

There is some benefit in being able to lock down the standard fields to allow harmonized comparisons between projects and a better cohesion in portfolio review, but this can also be accomplished with lookup tables in MS Project (or Project Server)

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Planisware Product PPM
Planisware Product PPM review by Shantonu M.
Shantonu M.

"Planisware- Enterprise wide and scalable"

What do you like best?

I bolster numerous frameworks for our gathering however the one framework we have minimal measure of bolster calls for is Planisware. I should concede in advance that I am a long-term client - and huge fan - of Microsoft Project. The product is essentially utilized for timecard sections for our Clinical Development office. A couple of provisos on my survey: I additionally prepare them on the framework and it requires no investment to prepare on the grounds that the framework is so natural to utilize.

What do you dislike?

The one issue we do have with Planisware is our clients who attempt to interface by means of a VPN association. Some terms that are industry norms for venture booking are not connected keeping in mind the end goal to make the item one of a kind yet I thought that it was just made perplexity. This is an issue that our organization is working with Planisware to adjust.

We are utilizing Planisware to oversee New Product Development Projects/Portfolios Our asset supervisors now have an instrument to see the real hours conflicted with the arranged hours for a specific undertaking.

What Project Management solution do you use?

Planisware Product PPM review by Mimi B.
Mimi B.

"Pharmaceutical Life Cycle Management"

What do you like best?

Ability to manage complex schedules using templates and work breakdown structure for consistency. Forecasting ability using demand management, time actuals and costing of projects. Modular approach that allows segmenting work for appropriate accessibility by roles. Out of box customization.

What do you dislike?

User on-boarding is time consuming on front end but benefit of consistency will be gained over time. Coding requited for detailed upgrades. Not cloud based.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Absolutely.

Asset Management, Pipeline forecasting ROI costing and resource management

User in Pharmaceuticals

"Planisware - Helpful to Track Project Milestones/Deliverables"

What do you like best?

Planisware is built on similar concept as Microsoft Project. As such, if you're familiar with that program and the associated logic, you should be able to function within Planisware. Output, in the form of One-Pagers, are quite helpful in reviewing high-level timelines in an easy to view format.

What do you dislike?

Navigating around Planisware is not intuitive and requires guidance/tutorial from experienced users. One-Pager output, while helpful, are not in a format suitable for presentation to governance and requires re-creation in PowerPoint.

Planisware is being used to effectively plan drug development timelines from initiation of clinical studies all the way to registration and beyond.

Planisware Product PPM review by Alan O.
Alan O.

"System support for Planisware is a breeze!"

What do you like best?

I have supported Planisware for the Pharma company I work for since January 2013. The software is mainly used for timecard entries for our Clinical Development department. Users are able to update their timecards at any time via our web intranet. Once they enter their cards and they get integrated through the system our Resource Managers are then able to run reports via the Resources module. I support many systems for our group but the one system we have the least amount of support calls for is Planisware. The people I support say that the system is very user friendly. I also train them on the system and it takes no time to train because the system is so easy to use. I am very glad my company decided to go with Planisware!

What do you dislike?

The one issue we do have with Planisware is our users who try to connect via a VPN connection. They have no issues connecting to the VPN but then we run into connectivity issues after that. This is a problem that our company is working with Planisware to correct. Also sometimes there can be an issue with Ajax mode as users are not always able to see all of their icons (ie. save button, excel and pdf conversions).

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend Planisware for the easy use of the system as well as the support they give to their user community.

The VPN issue I mentioned. The benefits are numerous. Our resource managers now have a tool to see the actual hours worked against the planned hours for any particular project. We can now plan ahead and have a forecast for the coming year on what resources are needed.

Planisware Product PPM review by Cassandra M.
Cassandra M.

"Decent Tool for Managing Projects"

What do you like best?

It is flexible and easily adaptable to specific projects. We are able to easily adapt the software to fit each project and timeline

What do you dislike?

Major issues with connectivity when using VPN access. This appears to be a software wide issue and not just with our users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would strongly recommend planning on not connecting via VPN.

Project and portfolio management

Planisware Product PPM review by Arun D.
Arun D.

"Powerful but loaded with bugs and a customization nightmare"

What do you like best?

Loads of features we can use and well integrated.

What do you dislike?

It is loaded with bugs and constant fixes make it not so desirable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do a proper feature comparison, support contract, consultation contract and cost benefit analysis before deciding to use it.

PPM integration and lesser numbers of tools needed if PLW is used.

User in Pharmaceuticals

"An Alternate Program for Project Scheduling Depending on Your View Needs"

What do you like best?

Master project management (connecting of multiple projects), cross-functional templates and use of versioning.

What do you dislike?

As an internet access based program the user cannot user shortcut keys - everything has to have the mouse move over it to select it and that reduces productivity. I did not find its general interface user-friendly. Some terms that are industry standards for project scheduling are not applied in order to make the product unique but I found it only created confusion. Out of the box functionality does not include many of the standard features of Microsoft Project such as highlights of waterfall changes when and items such as duration is changed. I found the access and use of predecessor and successors bulky

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure that the needs you are seeking for a project schedule management program are not met with the current versions of Microsoft Project - EPM or desktop. MPP has been seriously lacking the area of user interface (enhanced with 2010) and reporting (supposed to have been improved in the 2013 version which I have not had time to investigate). I think a lot of time was spent in the company making Planisware MPP-like because of the familiarity of that industry program.

The primary drive for the company to select Planisware was the reporting capabilities that Microsoft Project has been seriously lacking in. In particular is the ability to roll project up to programs to get an overall picture for Portfolio Management

"Planisware"

What do you like best?

A few caveats on my review: I must admit up-front that I am a long-time user - and big fan - of Microsoft Project. I have only been using Planisware for about 6 months, so read my review with my bias and relative short term experience using this product in mind.

I like the integration of resources (people) and cost with timelines. It enables us to better manage capacity workflow and see where spend will occur as activities move around. I frequently use the views for cost and resource to look at monthly, quarterly, and multi-year spend. I use an export of the data to a database to pull portfolio level information to assist in planning.

What do you dislike?

As I said, I'm still relatively new to Planisware, so my "dislikes" are more heavily weighted than my "likes."

Planisware's website says there is seamless integration with Microsoft Project, but myself and many others I know have not experienced this. Specific fields must be mapped from Planisware to MSP, and we have seen issues with the calendars being different in the two systems.

There is a great deal of "Google" help for questions and issues with MSP. Planisware online help is a black hole - in other words, you're on your own.

When working in very large project plans, it's hard to insert tasks (they seem to end up in the oddest places).

When making changes to tasks, there is no way to know what the impact is - i.e., color coding of the change plus the tasks affected by the change. Overall, manual application of format changes, such as color coding a task or set of tasks, is slow, clunky and unreliable.

Overall, I find the system to be very "glitchy." Using Planisware for live planning during a meeting is nerve wracking, at best. I am accustomed to being able to make changes/updates quickly and see the impact in MSP.

It does not appear to be possible to see the dates of resources and costs at the task level. Sometimes it has caused misalignments between the date of an activity and its corresponding resource because you must flip to another viewing mode to see the cost/resource.

Gantt chart generation is doable, but not great output. I use an export to MSP or Excel for OnePager.

Recommendations to others considering the product

evaluate planning needs vs. forecasting.

Capacity and cost forecasting.

Have a better overall sense of forecasting, though may be at the cost of some planning accuracy because some prefer to plan in other systems.

Planisware Product PPM review by LOKESH A.
LOKESH A.

"Good for Project and portfolio management"

What do you like best?

Good for tracking project milestones, expenditures and portfolio

What do you dislike?

requires customization as per the requirement

Project management

Planisware Product PPM review by G2 Crowd User in Textiles
G2 Crowd User in Textiles

"Planisware Version 6 for NPD"

What do you like best?

I like that Planisware has integrated PM detail - Gantt charts

What do you dislike?

I dislike the instability of the software through different browsers

Recommendations to others considering the product

Understand the "cost" of support

We are using Planisware to manage New Product Development Projects/Portfolios

Learning about Planisware Product PPM?

* We monitor all Planisware Product PPM reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.