Planisware

Software solution that supports the end-to-end governance of company portfolios, from finance and resource planning, to the life cycle management of products

Work for Planisware?

Showing 10 Planisware reviews
Planisware review by User in Pharmaceuticals
User in Pharmaceuticals

Better Options Available

What do you like best?

Having used a previous version and V6 of this product, I can say V6 cleaned up some of the clunky interface issues that made the product challenging for most users.

What do you dislike?

The server resets constantly. The interface is still bulky and not intuitive. It would be helpful if the user settings were styled more like MSP, etc. to allow users to leverage familiar skillets.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have very detailed specifications and robust conversations with all stakeholders to ensure that the reporting modules function the way you need them to so you don't have to manually manipulate information to create functional reports.

There is some benefit in being able to lock down the standard fields to allow harmonized comparisons between projects and a better cohesion in portfolio review, but this can also be accomplished with lookup tables in MS Project (or Project Server)

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Planisware
Planisware review by <span>Shantonu M.</span>
Shantonu M.

Planisware- Enterprise wide and scalable

What do you like best?

I bolster numerous frameworks for our gathering however the one framework we have minimal measure of bolster calls for is Planisware. I should concede in advance that I am a long-term client - and huge fan - of Microsoft Project. The product is essentially utilized for timecard sections for our Clinical Development office. A couple of provisos on my survey: I additionally prepare them on the framework and it requires no investment to prepare on the grounds that the framework is so natural to utilize.

What do you dislike?

The one issue we do have with Planisware is our clients who attempt to interface by means of a VPN association. Some terms that are industry norms for venture booking are not connected keeping in mind the end goal to make the item one of a kind yet I thought that it was just made perplexity. This is an issue that our organization is working with Planisware to adjust.

We are utilizing Planisware to oversee New Product Development Projects/Portfolios Our asset supervisors now have an instrument to see the real hours conflicted with the arranged hours for a specific undertaking.

What Project Management solution do you use?

Planisware review by <span>Mimi B.</span>
Mimi B.

Pharmaceutical Life Cycle Management

What do you like best?

Ability to manage complex schedules using templates and work breakdown structure for consistency. Forecasting ability using demand management, time actuals and costing of projects. Modular approach that allows segmenting work for appropriate accessibility by roles. Out of box customization.

What do you dislike?

User on-boarding is time consuming on front end but benefit of consistency will be gained over time. Coding requited for detailed upgrades. Not cloud based.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Absolutely.

Asset Management, Pipeline forecasting ROI costing and resource management

Planisware review by User in Pharmaceuticals
User in Pharmaceuticals

Planisware - Helpful to Track Project Milestones/Deliverables

What do you like best?

Planisware is built on similar concept as Microsoft Project. As such, if you're familiar with that program and the associated logic, you should be able to function within Planisware. Output, in the form of One-Pagers, are quite helpful in reviewing high-level timelines in an easy to view format.

What do you dislike?

Navigating around Planisware is not intuitive and requires guidance/tutorial from experienced users. One-Pager output, while helpful, are not in a format suitable for presentation to governance and requires re-creation in PowerPoint.

Planisware is being used to effectively plan drug development timelines from initiation of clinical studies all the way to registration and beyond.

Planisware review by <span>Alan O.</span>
Alan O.

System support for Planisware is a breeze!

What do you like best?

I have supported Planisware for the Pharma company I work for since January 2013. The software is mainly used for timecard entries for our Clinical Development department. Users are able to update their timecards at any time via our web intranet. Once they enter their cards and they get integrated through the system our Resource Managers are then able to run reports via the Resources module. I support many systems for our group but the one system we have the least amount of support calls for is Planisware. The people I support say that the system is very user friendly. I also train them on the system and it takes no time to train because the system is so easy to use. I am very glad my company decided to go with Planisware!

What do you dislike?

The one issue we do have with Planisware is our users who try to connect via a VPN connection. They have no issues connecting to the VPN but then we run into connectivity issues after that. This is a problem that our company is working with Planisware to correct. Also sometimes there can be an issue with Ajax mode as users are not always able to see all of their icons (ie. save button, excel and pdf conversions).

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend Planisware for the easy use of the system as well as the support they give to their user community.

The VPN issue I mentioned. The benefits are numerous. Our resource managers now have a tool to see the actual hours worked against the planned hours for any particular project. We can now plan ahead and have a forecast for the coming year on what resources are needed.

Planisware review by <span>Cassandra M.</span>
Cassandra M.

Decent Tool for Managing Projects

What do you like best?

It is flexible and easily adaptable to specific projects. We are able to easily adapt the software to fit each project and timeline

What do you dislike?

Major issues with connectivity when using VPN access. This appears to be a software wide issue and not just with our users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would strongly recommend planning on not connecting via VPN.

Project and portfolio management

Learning about Planisware?

* We monitor all Planisware reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.