Planning Center Services

Service planning and scheduling

Work for Planning Center Services?

Learning about Planning?

Planning Center Services Reviews

Showing 45 Planning reviews
Planning review by <span>Hugh L.</span>
Hugh L.

A must-have for Churches!

What do you like best?

I cannot say enough good things about this product.

The ability to use across devices (in browser, iOs and Android apps).

Integration across the Planning Center ecosystem.

Integration across other programs, such as Pro Presenter saves a lot of time. Also being able to integrate the calendar for users into iCal so people that never miss a rehearsal, service, or volunteering opportunity. Push notifications on mobile devices also keep people accountable.

The customer service has always been quick and helpful.

What do you dislike?

The mobile apps are great for the users, but can be fairly limited from an administrative side.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try this program out. It is a must have for anyone in any sort of management position in a Church.

This makes scheduling worship teams, service teams, and everything else for months at a time much easier. Yes this is a subscription based service that does cost money, but the amount of man hours this saves is so worth it!

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Planning Center Services
Planning review by <span>Kati C.</span>
Kati C.

Worship Planner's Dream

What do you like best?

My favorite features involve organizing our staff/volunteers and music. The scheduling matrix allows me to schedule people for multiple dates at one time, and then the reminders are sent automatically, based on my initial settings. The music can be utilized as a personal database of arrangements and themes.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there are almost too many features. The automated file titles put the key at the end, so sometimes my musicians download the wrong key. This can be easily fixed on their or my part, but this is the ONLY barrier.

When I started using this software, I discovered that invitations were not being sent because I forgot to push a final send button. Later I found that this feature is meant to let you schedule and then send invitations. Once I realized what was happening, it helped my people, because the invites were lumped into one email.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to upload your songs like using a music database. It takes more time on the front end, but makes later planning much faster. Use the Planning Matrix option!

I have created spreadsheets and reminders for over a decade, wishing it could be easier. About 10 months ago, we invested in using Planning Center to organize musicians and worship music for our new worship team. I love how it keeps me and my volunteers/staff organized! When I first upload the song, I can put tags for tempo and themes. Plus when I schedule a service, I preprogram reminders and rehearsal times. This helps me to set a sustainable practice, so I can pass it on to other leaders.

What Church Management solution do you use?

Planning review by <span>Sarah C.</span>
Sarah C.

Effective but not the most user friendly

What do you like best?

I like the amount of information that can be stored and kept - you can really plan for every aspect of a service, and time it down to the second. You can also include a lot of detailed information. This is particularly helpful for the worship team to know what songs - and what versions of songs - are going to be used at any given service. The ability to link particular YouTube versions of songs and include lyrics is so helpful, given that many hymns and popular songs have a variety of versions.

What do you dislike?

The main dashboard is confusing to navigate. I don't like that the calendar isn't synced with available events, and that your services are broken down by event/team rather than by date. For example, at the top of my dashboard is an event scheduled for February 25 - but at the bottom, an event scheduled for February 21. I would prefer for it to more intuitively go in chronological order.

Planning Center Services allows for everyone involved in a service to be completely in the know. What songs we are singing, what scripture is being read, and exactly WHEN and where in the service it is happening. This is particularly helpful if you have a guest speaker or someone who is speaking at multiple services, because you can give them the information necessary to make sure your timing stays on point.

Planning review by <span>Michael F.</span>
Michael F.

The best solution for planning and scheduling worship services

What do you like best?

Building a set list, adding songs, and scheduling people is a breeze. We plan out our weekly worship services months in advance including what songs we are singing, which band/tech members are scheduled, what series we are in, etc and it's only possible because of Planning Center. Our volunteers all have their own accounts to see when they are scheduled or can set dates when they are or are not available. We can create virtual sign-up sheets to fill holes. We've loved it so much that we are now scheduling all of our ministry volunteers through here.

What do you dislike?

While it is very intuitive, there is definitely an on-boarding process you 'll have to go through with volunteers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Planning Center Services works best when combined with other Planning Center products. We currently only subscribe to Services but they offer an entire church management system now including giving, event management, child check-in, presentation software, and more. Consider using the entire suite.

An incalculable amount of time has been saved, especially in the scheduling department. There is far less chasing people down to see if they are available. Now they just click a simple Accept/Decline button in their email.

Planning review by <span>Matthew M.</span>
Matthew M.

Planning Center Services keeps our volunteers organized.

What do you like best?

Planning Center Services helps us keep our volunteers organized and allows us to make sure that each position needed for any given event is filled.

What do you dislike?

The only issue we have had with Planning Center Services isn't with the software itself, but with some congregants not being tech savvy or slow to adapt to electronic devices. It has gone well, but it took us a little while to change our culture to always be checking on planning center services.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Planning Center Services is a must for our church. We use it every week and has become a large part of our scheduling and organization. The connection between the other planning center modules helps as well. It makes it easy having all of our information in one place.

Planning Center Services has allowed our church to keep track of our volunteers and make sure that for any given event, from funerals, weddings, to Sunday morning service, we know who is doing what as well as laying out a clear order of service for people to follow. It also allows in a very simple way for people to mark their availability which helps each of our ministries as the plan events and services.

Planning review by <span>Richard B.</span>
Richard B.

Planning Center Services keeps us organized.

What do you like best?

It's simple to assign team members and provide an order of service that includes everything they need (recordings, lead sheets, youtube links). The mobile app is good for team members as well.

What do you dislike?

The mobile app is not great for admins. Adding a song can be a bit tedious, and you don't have any indication as to the last time the song was sung. This is a problem, as I use previous orders to determine what might work well in the upcoming order.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to get everyone involved in the software, as adoption is key. Also, get rid of older songs, as they will take up some of your bandwidth.

Organizing and empowering volunteers to lead and serve effectively every Sunday. We've gotten to the point that our band doesn't need a separate rehearsal very often, because of the resources they are provided.

Learning about Planning Center Services?

* We monitor all Planning Center Services reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.