Want to see who topped the 2019 Best Software Awards?

Planning Center Services

4.7
(67 reviews)

Service planning and scheduling

Work for Planning Center Services?

Learning about Planning?

Planning Center Services Reviews

Showing 68 Planning reviews
Planning review by Lane W.
Lane W.
View Original

"Tremendous Product for Grouo Management"

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Planning Center Services
Planning review by Darien C.
Darien C.

"A well-designed & thought out platform that meets churches needs"

What do you like best?

Planning Center is a company that is clearly committed to excellence & to the pursuit of creating the best possible product for their customers - and that is clearly shown in how they do business. If a customer has any ideas or issues with the product, all they have to do is submit a feature request/bug fix request, and the company will get back to them and do what they can to make the platform operate better. The entire package offered by planning center is incredible; however the most crucial & beneficial part of said package would have to be their Planning Center Services app.

The Planning Center Services app is an intuitive, powerful, and extremely useful platform for planning any kind of event - be it a church service, a youth games night, a wedding - featuring many important tools such as creating timelines of the event (with as much detail as you want); setting the event start time (or start times, if you have multiple services); setting pre-service meeting times or practice times and tagging individual teams/individuals to each individual time. Most importantly however, is Planning Centers ability to schedule people; and it's efficiency in doing so. Gone are the days of texting volunteers and trying to discern who is available at what time for what event on which day all on your own - now, with Planning Center; you can simply add them into PC, add their email or phone number, schedule them to a specific position at a specific event, and send them an email requesting them to serve - which they can then accept or decline. Furthermore, you can set it to send reminder emails for those who may be forgetful.

On top of all this, planning center services offers an easy to use integration with the rest of Planning Centers offerings; and features a simple "People" tab where you can see all your volunteers & their information; a "song" tab where you can connect your PC account to Songselect and automatically import your songs (and schedule them to an event); and other amazing admin features such as controlling what each individual user can see when they login to planning center. All in all, this is a must have app for churches everywhere, and is very much worth the money you would spend on it!

What do you dislike?

While Planning Center Services is extremely powerful and intuitive; it can take some time to get use to the user interface and to properly understand how to interact and setup services. Once you have a grasp on it's capabilities; it becomes extremely easy to use and intuitive for setup - there just is a bit of a learning curve that will take the average person a bit of time to figure out.

Other than that, whenever I find an issue with PCS, I typically either wait for it to be fixed (usually happens in a short timeframe), or I report it as a bug and they fix it as soon as they can.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely buy it! This product is well worth the cost - so if you have room in your budget, don't hesitate!

Organization & scheduling of volunteers; creating simple, intuitive & accessible plans for church events. PCS has simplified my life a hundred fold as it has created a go-to platform that helps keep me organized

What Church Management solution do you use?

Planning review by Pedro T.
Pedro T.

"Best Platform for Worship Service Planning"

What do you like best?

Many integrations that allow worship service preparation to be easy for worship coordinators, audio visual team, singers and others involved. Importing songs from SongSelect makes it easy for the audio visual person to just import lyrics in ProPresenter. The detail allowed to give to each participant, notes, attaching of video files, powerpoint slides, art, pictures, etc. Also the ability to import the whole service into ProPresenter once you are done.

What do you dislike?

The many different offerings that Planning Center has gets confusing with PCO People, Check-ins, Registrations, etc. They integrate well only when you really know what you are doing. It will take time to invest to learn all that planning center online has to offer. In the end its worth it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I don’t know of any other worship service platform that can do what PCO does. You can try for free depending on the number of people involved. Give it a shot and then upgrade to the paid version. If you are tired chasing people down to get the service finalized, PCO will help minimize the last minute stressful moments.

Bridging the communication gap between different ministries that participate in the worship service. It cuts out the back and forth emails, text messages and phone calls. Everyone adds their own information into Planning Center and the overall coordinator just goes in to make sure everything is covered. If implemented correctly, PCO will send emails to participants to remind them of their responsibilities.

Planning review by David J.
David J.

"Very Helpful for Churches of all sizes"

What do you like best?

Planning Center Services makes it easy to schedule worship volunteers for upcoming services. You can setup automatic reminders that go out to each team-member. You can easily create service rundowns. For worship directors, you can link your worship songs into each service with the chord charts, mp3s, and write in notes. You can even transpose mp3s into the key you're doing the song in so your team members can practice in the exact key you'll be playing the song. Fantastic! It's honestly a must for any church!

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the mobile app can have issues like crashing or not updating correctly. Although I will say Planning Center has done a pretty good job at updating regularly and fixing bugs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have questions, or are confused on how to do something, check out Planning Center's video tutorials. Otherwise contact their customer support. They're pretty good and getting back to you quickly and solving your issue.

Helps make service scheduling much easier and faster. Streamlines communication to all team members (from tech guys to pastoral staff to ushers to vocalists). Our worship teams have had a hard time scheduling a practice during the week. Planning Center Services has allowed us to skip a mid-week practice by encouraging our team to practice on their own. Because of PC Services they will have access to the chord charts and they can practice along with the songs in the key we'll be playing it in. When we get together on Sunday mornings we're already on the same page as if we had a mid-week practice. It's great!

Planning review by Hugh L.
Hugh L.

"A must-have for Churches!"

What do you like best?

I cannot say enough good things about this product.

The ability to use across devices (in browser, iOs and Android apps).

Integration across the Planning Center ecosystem.

Integration across other programs, such as Pro Presenter saves a lot of time. Also being able to integrate the calendar for users into iCal so people that never miss a rehearsal, service, or volunteering opportunity. Push notifications on mobile devices also keep people accountable.

The customer service has always been quick and helpful.

What do you dislike?

The mobile apps are great for the users, but can be fairly limited from an administrative side.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try this program out. It is a must have for anyone in any sort of management position in a Church.

This makes scheduling worship teams, service teams, and everything else for months at a time much easier. Yes this is a subscription based service that does cost money, but the amount of man hours this saves is so worth it!

Planning review by Kati C.
Kati C.

"Worship Planner's Dream"

What do you like best?

My favorite features involve organizing our staff/volunteers and music. The scheduling matrix allows me to schedule people for multiple dates at one time, and then the reminders are sent automatically, based on my initial settings. The music can be utilized as a personal database of arrangements and themes.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there are almost too many features. The automated file titles put the key at the end, so sometimes my musicians download the wrong key. This can be easily fixed on their or my part, but this is the ONLY barrier.

When I started using this software, I discovered that invitations were not being sent because I forgot to push a final send button. Later I found that this feature is meant to let you schedule and then send invitations. Once I realized what was happening, it helped my people, because the invites were lumped into one email.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to upload your songs like using a music database. It takes more time on the front end, but makes later planning much faster. Use the Planning Matrix option!

I have created spreadsheets and reminders for over a decade, wishing it could be easier. About 10 months ago, we invested in using Planning Center to organize musicians and worship music for our new worship team. I love how it keeps me and my volunteers/staff organized! When I first upload the song, I can put tags for tempo and themes. Plus when I schedule a service, I preprogram reminders and rehearsal times. This helps me to set a sustainable practice, so I can pass it on to other leaders.

Planning review by Sarah C.
Sarah C.

"Effective but not the most user friendly"

What do you like best?

I like the amount of information that can be stored and kept - you can really plan for every aspect of a service, and time it down to the second. You can also include a lot of detailed information. This is particularly helpful for the worship team to know what songs - and what versions of songs - are going to be used at any given service. The ability to link particular YouTube versions of songs and include lyrics is so helpful, given that many hymns and popular songs have a variety of versions.

What do you dislike?

The main dashboard is confusing to navigate. I don't like that the calendar isn't synced with available events, and that your services are broken down by event/team rather than by date. For example, at the top of my dashboard is an event scheduled for February 25 - but at the bottom, an event scheduled for February 21. I would prefer for it to more intuitively go in chronological order.

Planning Center Services allows for everyone involved in a service to be completely in the know. What songs we are singing, what scripture is being read, and exactly WHEN and where in the service it is happening. This is particularly helpful if you have a guest speaker or someone who is speaking at multiple services, because you can give them the information necessary to make sure your timing stays on point.

Planning review by Michael F.
Michael F.

"The best solution for planning and scheduling worship services"

What do you like best?

Building a set list, adding songs, and scheduling people is a breeze. We plan out our weekly worship services months in advance including what songs we are singing, which band/tech members are scheduled, what series we are in, etc and it's only possible because of Planning Center. Our volunteers all have their own accounts to see when they are scheduled or can set dates when they are or are not available. We can create virtual sign-up sheets to fill holes. We've loved it so much that we are now scheduling all of our ministry volunteers through here.

What do you dislike?

While it is very intuitive, there is definitely an on-boarding process you 'll have to go through with volunteers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Planning Center Services works best when combined with other Planning Center products. We currently only subscribe to Services but they offer an entire church management system now including giving, event management, child check-in, presentation software, and more. Consider using the entire suite.

An incalculable amount of time has been saved, especially in the scheduling department. There is far less chasing people down to see if they are available. Now they just click a simple Accept/Decline button in their email.

Planning review by Matthew M.
Matthew M.

"Planning Center Services keeps our volunteers organized."

What do you like best?

Planning Center Services helps us keep our volunteers organized and allows us to make sure that each position needed for any given event is filled.

What do you dislike?

The only issue we have had with Planning Center Services isn't with the software itself, but with some congregants not being tech savvy or slow to adapt to electronic devices. It has gone well, but it took us a little while to change our culture to always be checking on planning center services.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Planning Center Services is a must for our church. We use it every week and has become a large part of our scheduling and organization. The connection between the other planning center modules helps as well. It makes it easy having all of our information in one place.

Planning Center Services has allowed our church to keep track of our volunteers and make sure that for any given event, from funerals, weddings, to Sunday morning service, we know who is doing what as well as laying out a clear order of service for people to follow. It also allows in a very simple way for people to mark their availability which helps each of our ministries as the plan events and services.

Planning review by Richard B.
Richard B.

"Planning Center Services keeps us organized."

What do you like best?

It's simple to assign team members and provide an order of service that includes everything they need (recordings, lead sheets, youtube links). The mobile app is good for team members as well.

What do you dislike?

The mobile app is not great for admins. Adding a song can be a bit tedious, and you don't have any indication as to the last time the song was sung. This is a problem, as I use previous orders to determine what might work well in the upcoming order.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to get everyone involved in the software, as adoption is key. Also, get rid of older songs, as they will take up some of your bandwidth.

Organizing and empowering volunteers to lead and serve effectively every Sunday. We've gotten to the point that our band doesn't need a separate rehearsal very often, because of the resources they are provided.

Planning review by Jon L.
Jon L.

"Need help scheduling volunteers? Look no further"

What do you like best?

The best part about Planning Center Services is the the scheduling matrix. This allows you to see a selection of time and all the volunteers that are available or are scheduled to serve during that time frame. This is extremely helpful when trying to figure out who to fill in for vacated spots.

What do you dislike?

I don't think that there is anything that I dislike about Planning Center Services. There might not always be a best solution to an issue, but you'll have that with any program really.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are look into this program make sure you check out some other planning services too. The majority of all these programs have many of the same features, but you just have to figure out what works best for your needs.

At my local church we use this program to schedule all our volunteers for Sunday services. It allows us to see all the different parts of our service with all the volunteers able to communicate through the services. We use the media player quite often to rehearse songs and to also figure out our service progression.

Planning review by Andra V.
Andra V.

"Plan your services Easy Peasy"

What do you like best?

I love how Planning center streamlines organization of order of service, song repertoire and materials, and planning. As the leader of services and often a volunteer I love both sides of this. Personal Rehearsal is so efficient. I love how it syncs with my iPhone calendar to remind me of rehearsal times. I love how in music stand that If I make notes on a chart then it is available the next time I play the song.

What do you dislike?

I have very few things that I dislike about Planning Center. Sometimes charts and media are slow to load but I understand its a high amount of content. I like how the administrator can make all the materials available but I hate how time consuming it can be to either use multiple devices or have to go back and forth between dowloads and multiple programs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I wish I could see the charts and have access to the media player inside the same window rather than downloads and using my browser and rearranging them. When there are phrases or chunks of a song that require repetitive rehearsal I have to juggle windows and downloads.

I can come to rehearsals totally prepared because I can easily access the materials needed to rehearse on my own. I know exactly how each song goes, play along with the rehearsal tracks, read chord charts, make notes when necessary. I have noticed other musicians come prepared and our rehearsal times are so efficient because people are not having to use that time to learn songs.

Planning review by Jon L.
Jon L.

"Planning Center Services is a planner's dream!"

What do you like best?

Planning Center Services has very few missing links. Of everything this program has to offer, I like the scheduling module the best. It gives me a great overview of all the people who are available on our teams and who is open for any given service. In a quick glance, I can see gaps who who is available to fill them.

What do you dislike?

I would say the only thing that I dislike with Planning Center Services is how the media player works. There doesn't seem to be a lot of customization with it. We use multiple tracks (one for vocals, one for instruments), and you can not set it to run just certain tracks in order or skip a track when you are listening to them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Other than getting some hands on training the system is pretty easy to maneuver through. It is very easy work with.

We have found that this has been the best solution to our scheduling system so far. There are other beneficially programs out there, but this has been the best solution for us so far.

Planning review by Audrey R.
Audrey R.

"Excellent Program for Planning Church Services & Scheduling People"

What do you like best?

Everything. This is an amazing tool. You have to see it to believe it. It's easiest if you start with Planning Center People. Store your people there and then easily add them and all their contact info into Services. You can assign instruments, individual users can set blockout dates, you can send invitations to serve and they get accepted or declined by the volunteers. You can connect it to your CCLI and SongSelect accounts, and import the sheet music, videos, etc for the worship team to download and practice from. It is truly amazing. And it's not just for the Worship Team - any area that you schedule people to serve in. You create the teams, for example: 9:30 Worship Team, 11:30 Worship Team, Security, Ushers, Greeters, Nursery, Cafe, Kids Church...anything you want.

What do you dislike?

I honestly cannot think of anything I dislike about Planning Center Services. It's so easy to use, and can even be used in multiple ways, for example if you have a small team to schedule you can use a more linear scheduling view but if you have large teams for multiple services, you can create a grid and schedule the whole month at a time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out! It's free to try - I think once you get a certain number of people that you're scheduling then a monthly flat fee is implemented.

Planning Center Services is our one-stop-shop for scheduling all our teams for all our services. The worship leaders schedule their teams and upload music. The AV guys get the song list and mic setup. Nursery and kids workers confirm the days they are able to serve. It's an amazing organization, planning and communication tool.

Planning review by Isaac N.
Isaac N.

"Planning Center Services"

What do you like best?

The Planning Center team is always looking for ways in which they can improve the program for their users. They offer helpful videos on how to do just about anything you need to do. Additionally, their customer support is easy to get a hold of, if needed.

What do you dislike?

I can't say there is really anything I especially dislike about Planning Center Online.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend Planning Center to any church that utilizes volunteers. It is beneficial not only for the staff person managing the volunteers, but also for the volunteers themselves.

Planning Center is nearly essential for a worship team of any size. Through the program, a worship leader can upload chord charts, .mp3s, YouTube videos, and any other form of media for the benefit of his or her worship team members. Planning Center also recently integrated the ability to transpose chord charts and .mp3s for you. This has already saved me an immense amount of time in which I would have to painstakingly re-tab a song (for chord charts) or use Audacity to re-pitch a song (for .mp3s).

If you are in a smaller church, yes, it costs some money, but I can confidently say that it is worth the investment for any church of any size.

I use Planning Center Services to plan church worship services, assign team members to the schedule, and communicate with my team. The ability to set up automated reminders and share files with my team saves me a huge amount of time and frustration.

Planning review by Administrator

"Planning center has become one of the best"

What do you like best?

I love the chord chart creation system, which makes it easy to create a chart and then transpose into any key you'd like. Scheduling people has never been easier and the reminders are super handy.

What do you dislike?

The music streaming system is sub-par. If there was a way to partner with spotify or apple music, it would be much easier to input songs for the band to learn. As it is, you must upload mp3's, which are becoming ancient technology. Also, by getting rid of Projector seems like a terrible decision to me - this was solving an enormous problem and they dropped out of the market.

Finance/giving, scheduling volunteers, planning services (literally!), disseminating important data and information like chord charts to the band, which ten years ago was near impossible without constantly printing and re-printing charts. Now our charts are on an ipad and are easily transposed to any key we need.

Planning review by Michele L.
Michele L.

"We LOVE Planning Center Services!"

What do you like best?

Our church has been using Planning Center Services for many years. As a Resource Team member, we utilize Planning Center Services for all our planning needs. The ability to utilize Planning Center on my mobile device and computer is very convenient, and it's super easy to use and navigate. I like the reminders - just enough - not so many that it bogs down my email. Easy way to communicate with my team leader and other team members too.

What do you dislike?

We haven't found anything that we dislike - super easy to use and navigate. That's why we've used it for years!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommendation Planning Center Services to any other organization, religious or otherwise. Very user friendly and an easy way to stay in touch with your group/team.

Communication in a super busy world and growing church. Our church is growing by leaps and bounds...Planning Center Services allows us to stay in touch, even when we have so many people and services that staying in touch and getting to know everyone on the team can be hard to do.

Planning review by Administrator

"Convenient means of communicating responibilities"

What do you like best?

The best aspect of Planning Center is the centralized communication. Previously, the administration emailed individual people about their responsibilities. This became clearly tedious and it was confusing to synthesize the responses. On Planning Center, each team member can log on to see their responsibilities for the week, and they can mark days they will be absent far in advance. All this eliminates the need for strings of confusing emails.

What do you dislike?

The app for this product is not in the best condition. It is not easy for all members to use from their devices. It is not as intuitive as it could be, especially for the older users of this product.

Business runs a lot smoother, especially for the administration. Planning Center has cut down on the amount of time spent to plan according to each team member's responsibilities, and has entirely eliminated the need for strings of emails.

Planning review by Lewies V.
Lewies V.

"Great Service Planning Tool for Churches"

What do you like best?

Planning Center Services - commonly known as PCO or PlanningCenterOnline, is an ultra-powerful tool to plan events and services for churches. It helps communicate the flow of the event, timeline expectations, rehearsal and much more with team members.

Create your custom team positions, send groups communication emails to confirm their participation, reminders etc. Track all kinds of skills and data of team members or allow them to tell you when and how often they would like to serve.

Load videos, files, chord charts, links to youtube or vimeo, etc. to help communicate effectively with team members.

Great integration with the rest of the programs and suite options offered by Planning Center.

What do you dislike?

Could become a little pricey, but still amazing value.

Event planning and volunteer team communication.

"In the know"

What do you like best?

I love planning center because allows a large number of volunteers to stay connected, ahead of schedule, and be prepared for whatever type of service you are doing.

What do you dislike?

I don't love the scheduling specifics. Sometimes if my volunteers are working in our kids department, it won't show up when I try to schedule them for the worship arts area. This can cause conflict in scheduling and your team mates.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a lot of moving pieces to implement into your churches services, I recommend getting a PCO account! Its efficient for getting all your team on the same page.

Scheduling in advance is huge. People know their schedule and all the details from one place. I love the automated emails and reminders. It keeps all the volunteers and staff on the same page for exactly what is going to happen.

Planning review by Kelly T.
Kelly T.

"Planning Center is Great "

What do you like best?

Our whole staff uses Planning Center and we love it. It allows us to all keep track of what is supposed to happen for all of our services down to the minute. We keep track of all our songs, transitions, and slides through planning center. It also is highly utilized by our worship team to put the keys and tracks of the songs to learn for that Sunday. I love that the whole staff can access Planning Center to keep on the same page.

What do you dislike?

I do not enjoy using the PC app for the IPhone because it can be complicated to understand.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The App could be better.

Planning Center shows when a volunteer is schedule in another department which is helpful so that you are not double booking.

Planning review by Amber W.
Amber W.

"[L O V E] Planning Center "

What do you like best?

The organization, planning, scheduling, that you can customize each person you put it. The ease of ordering your service. That it is so convenient that ANYONE can hand it on their phone.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the changes from moving desktop to iPhone. Such as buttons and ways to do things.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just do it. It will make your life way easier. It is worth the money, time and set up effort. If you are using it right you will have no regrets.

We organize our church functions such as scheduling our teams for Children's Ministry, Door Greeters, Praise team, Musicians & Security

Planning review by Andrew B.
Andrew B.

"Easily organizes all aspects of a church service"

What do you like best?

This program easily organizes all aspects of a church service while including all needed information for staff and volunteers. You can transpose musical recordings depending on the key it will be done in, without every leaving the site.

From a user experience standpoint, there's various "permissions" that can be granted to each user to prevent them from viewing the wrong information or inputting wrong information.

What do you dislike?

There's frequent updates that can make even experienced users confused on how to do certain tasks. It can be buggy at times, which is probably why there's frequent updates (especially on the mobile app).

Our entire church services are planned using this program. We have a handful of different teams that use Planning Center as a scheduling tool and the music feature equips our band to prepare to the best of their ability.

Planning review by Tracy J.
Tracy J.

"Every ministry needs Planning Center!"

What do you like best?

I love that planning center has multiple apps that can help organize various areas of ministry- finances, volunteers scheduling, event registration, etc. This has saved me time and stress. I like how it stores our information and allows us to create profiles for our attendees.

What do you dislike?

It takes a little bit to learn how to use some of the applications. There are handy instructional videos though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They offer free trial periods on most apps and affordable pricing options for smaller churches/organizations.

Instead of sending and trying to keep track of over 100 emails a week to schedule volunteers, I use planning center for scheduling. It makes it easy to see which volunteers have confirmed or need to be replaced.

Planning review by Suzy B.
Suzy B.

"PCO is WONDERFUL"

What do you like best?

It is so easy to streamline the communication process. So often things would get lost in the shuffle, but because you can add everyone and their emails are connected it is so easy to make sure everyone knows what they need to for Sunday mornings.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is that people cannot just go in and view their schedule. They have to be emailed first.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Because we have had such success with Planning Center Services, we are likely going to switch to Planning Center Resources and People as well. I would recommend others do this right away when you begin.

Communication has improved so much. Also, we can plan the future of our services SO much easier.

Planning review by Administrator in Music
Administrator in Music

"Best planning software ever"

What do you like best?

I'm a visual person, I love visually planning out a worship service, and having links to all relevant media. I love that PCO allows you to change the key of a recording so my bands can rehearse the songs, with the original recordings, in WHATEVER key we play it in! Their organization runs deep, it's easy to keep the database organized, and it is clearly geared toward non-tech types as users, but is accessible for tech-types to administrate. They are constantly trying to add the features their users want, and they are constantly working through the various bugs in the system to make their product better and better. PCO rocks. I cannot recommend this product more highly.

What do you dislike?

it is sometimes buggy, occasionally pages load incorrectly, or items appear multiple times - doubled up. Sometimes the ios app doesn't load quite right as well. However, they are always getting better with this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

TOTALLY WORTH IT!! It's easy to upgrade your plan, so start small, and if you outgrow the space or users, upgrade as needed. You can also buy extra space without upgrading your whole plan, which is very useful to organizations on tighter budgets.

Communication within the band and other church leaders. Organizing charts and other preparation materials. scheduling volunteers is much easier because of this too. Licensing is made easier, and all users can see updates to the service simply by logging in.

Planning review by Tim A.
Tim A.

"Planning Center has made it possible to administer my church!"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to schedule teams using the matrix view. You can see several months all on one screen and move people around!

What do you dislike?

When you send a request email, you can never be sure whether they read it or not, since they can respond to it without seeing it. This means I can't give important information in that manner.

Planning Center helps me delegate tasks and jobs evenly throughout the team. This is good to avoid burn out! The benefits I have seen is there's no need for constant micro managing and asking people to help all the time.

Planning review by Administrator

"Planning Center Services - Best Service Organizer"

What do you like best?

Services is unrivaled for keeping track of orders of service and volunteer scheduling. They have thought of pretty much everything. You can attach documents, and it keeps track of when people have last been scheduled. It has a good interface, and PCO is extremely responsive to feedback.

What do you dislike?

I think there is a learning curve when you first start using it. It is not always super logical, but once you get it, it runs easily. The interface if you're being scheduled can be confusing, but everyone figures out how to use it.

It solves the problem of scheduling one person too often and also allowing everyone to see the order of service at the same time.

Planning review by Administrator

"Simple. Easy. Powerful. "

What do you like best?

Planning center is amazing! They are always working on their product, it’s easy to use, and it’s affordable. If you were using your whole Line of products it’s going to allow you to go to the next level. But even if you’re using one or two of their products you were going to be super happy

What do you dislike?

I wish it would continue to grow and be taken more seriously. That may come a time, or more powerful features. I’m not sure what would help them go to the next level but in a lot of my conversations people still say planning center as a software that’s not that powerful, what it actually is

We are able to plan all of our services at church and it ups are communication for everyone

Planning review by Aaron F.
Aaron F.

"Planning Center Services is the BEST worship planning tool available."

What do you like best?

i love that you can tell PCO has been created by people FROM the worship field FOR others in the worship field. Every feature is catered for us.

What do you dislike?

After using an integrated add-on called “RehearsalMix” it seems like our attachment database has a lot of glitches.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you aren’t using a volunteer scheduling tool, do yourself a favor and use PCO

Scheduling a volunteer base as large as ours would be a HUGE task without the help of PCO. It mkes scheduling so easy.

Planning review by Ben C.
Ben C.

"No other program like it"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to schedule and communicate with our team in one place.

What do you dislike?

There seem to be a lot of glitches lately, along with the site being down for maintenance multiple times per month.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use their support area. They have a lot of tutorial videos that explain in great detail how to best utilize their product.

Communication with our entire team

Planning review by Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management
Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Planning Centre newbie and loving it!"

What do you like best?

I have found the support team exceptional in their speed of response , attention to detail and overall desire to make the product improve. There have been several changes, based on user feedback, that have improved the product as the company grows.

What do you dislike?

The reporting features are in the development stage, for the Giving module, and that is too bad. There is a promise from the team that it is getting attention, however, so I am hopeful.

Our users have access 24/7 to their own data. Registrations and giving are both improved as a result of using this product

Planning review by Tiffany W.
Tiffany W.

"PCO"

What do you like best?

All of my information and scheduling is in the same place at the top of my fingers.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there are a lot of actions in order to get into certain weeks/days (but that’s probably dependent on how many layers your team puts in itself).

Everyone having access to the same info/being on the same page/having the tools they need to be prepared for a weekend worship set.

Planning review by Melissa D.
Melissa D.

"Great for churches! "

What do you like best?

I love being able to get a play by play for events. Gives a clear idea of what’s going on each moment.

What do you dislike?

There have been a couple glitches but I guess that’s to be expected.

Time! This is helping structure time very well.

Planning review by Steven A.
Steven A.

"Best CMS for your Ministry"

What do you like best?

Planning Center is a key component of our organization and how we schedule our leaders and volunteers each week.

What do you dislike?

Planning Center could improve the layout in the user side of the application. Some users find it confusing and navigating it can be challenging.

We’re utilizing the skills and talents of people in our church body to effectively carry out tasks on a weekly basis.

Administrator in Religious Institutions

"Services is a Must for Large Churches"

What do you like best?

Services allows us to plan and execute our worship services down to the minute. It makes service planning so much easier -- especially when your services involve a lot of team members.

What do you dislike?

I don't particularly like the Services app. It works well for running your services, but it's difficult to use for planning.

We have a lot of volunteers, and it allows us to communicate with them about their schedules and availability, and then schedule them for positions. Without Services, we would have to do this through email which is a nightmare.

Planning review by Adam H.
Adam H.

"Extremely helpful, with small areas for improvement."

What do you like best?

Ease of use, designed specifically for my role (church planning), compatible with all devices.

What do you dislike?

Small functionality flaws (the inability to send a “general email” with quickness and ease).

It solves all of our communication problems within our organization. We upload everything to planning center.

Administrator in Religious Institutions

"Can't remember what we did before. This makes planning worship services easy for all"

What do you like best?

I love how simple it is. I also love how it works with our presentation software. Another huge benefit is how all that are involved with the worship service are able to see the service and can confirm if they are able to participate or not.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it gets a little tricky switching between multiple services.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Planning Center Services is a great tool for anyone planning a worship service. The ease in which it is able to be planned is a major benefit as is how accessible it is by all.

Scheduling worship service times and participants.

Planning review by Peter G.
Peter G.

"PCO from a scheduler's POV"

What do you like best?

The thing I like the most about PCO is the ease of which you can schedule volunteers across multiple weekends and services.

What do you dislike?

The UI leaves something to be desired. It auto-filters lists in such a way that it isn't obvious how to undo it.

Scheduling and volunteer organization.

Planning review by User in Religious Institutions
User in Religious Institutions

"Everyone should be on planning center"

What do you like best?

That anyone and everyone who is within your church can be on planning center and can learn how to use it. It brings organizations together and organized. It’s a great way to keep track of all your members

What do you dislike?

there isn't much to dislike about PC too many pros for PC than cons.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you don’t not have a database or a place to schedule teams this is the software for you it will provide everything you need to get your organization on the same page.

Scheduling, database tracking

Planning review by David G.
David G.

"Phenomenal Service Planning App"

What do you like best?

Integrations and song management simplify life. Very easy to schedule individuals and get people to confirm.

What do you dislike?

Can get a little pricey, but I believe it's definitely worth it

Recommendations to others considering the product

Strongly consider this phenomenal software

Spend less time in the mundane details of planning a service and more time being creative

Planning review by User in Religious Institutions
User in Religious Institutions

"Volunteer organization "

What do you like best?

I love that I can have all my volunteers in one section. I can schedule them, email them, see when they open the email.

What do you dislike?

It’s kind of confusing when you first start out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a lot of volunteers and you need them organized this is for you. The basic package is free.

It helps us schedule people online instead of having to call them. They can respond, put on blackout days(days they can’t volunteer). It just makes things simpler.

Planning review by User

"Excellent software for churches"

What do you like best?

I like how it doubles as a database and scheduling software

What do you dislike?

I dislike how emails can be sent accidentally pretty easily

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is easy to use on a surface level, but the deeper you dive in, the more it can serve you! Explore all of the tools.

It is so easy to know who is available to be scheduled and who isn't. Far more efficient than receiving back several "declines"

Administrator in Religious Institutions

"Planning Center is Amazing!"

What do you like best?

It’s super easy to schedule all the people you need and send them reminders. It’s also great because they can communicate to us if they can’t serve.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a way to text people’s phones instead of sending them emails. Everyone seems to check there phone way more often than they do their email.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Planning Center is the best I’ve found for scheduling your team and all having them on the same page.

Scheduling and organizing teams

Planning review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Useful"

What do you like best?

You are able to add many files to certain event folders. Each week you can add different plans and customize them according to the theme of the week.

What do you dislike?

Hard to learn how to upload files and create week folders

Allowing the worship team to be on the same page each week and giving people easy access to the resources (songs, chord charts etc) for people to use to practice.

Planning review by User in Financial Services

"Sleek, easy to use. And everything I need!"

What do you like best?

The interface for planning center is so intuitive. Very sleek, simple, and easy to use all while providing everything needed for a successful plan

What do you dislike?

Honestly, I have not had any negative experiences with Planning Center

Collaboration and sharing documents is so easy. We are also able to create an agenda beforehand and share with everyone,, making meetings much more efficient and everyone is on the same page

Planning review by Anastacia F.
Anastacia F.

"Easy for volunteers to use "

What do you like best?

I love the way that it is easy for volunteers to use. Very simple to log in and choose a time slot to volunteer.

What do you dislike?

Hard to edit events and details on mobile.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keeps all your info in one place and easy to use!

Working for a church, we have solved the issue of how to get volunteers to sign up to help all in one place

Planning review by Suha F.
Suha F.

"Planning Center"

What do you like best?

Very user friendly, integrates with other programs. Automated features make scheduling easy and efficient. Saves time.

What do you dislike?

Everything is going well so far, didn't have any problems so far

Scheduling volunteers

Planning review by Melissa D.
Melissa D.

"Great app!"

What do you like best?

I love the app that's available, it makes communication much more accessible and convenient and I find it more user friendly than the desktop version.

What do you dislike?

The desktop version was initially confusing to me but it was easy to pick up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of the phone app!

Managing and communicating with several different teams nationwide is simplified dramatically.

Planning review by Administrator

"Excellent organizer for large teams"

What do you like best?

From an administrative level, planning center makes communication , scheduling and organizing teams streamlined, easy and effective .

What do you dislike?

The templates for teams are not 100% customizable. For instance, occasionally you have to be creative with titling or structuring teams bc the software wants to alphabetize tiles even though you don’t tell it to.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great tool that can even be useful for smaller teams . I would definitely recommend it.

Working with multiple and large worship teams , across different sites at different locations, this website makes it easy to have one system and communicate easily with everyone .

Learning about Planning Center Services?

* We monitor all Planning Center Services reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.